PDA

View Full Version : New playoff thread

URMite
October 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
Ok, Let's say through either AQ or at-large these teams get in:

Montana, UNI, SIU, McNeese, EKU, Fordham, DSU, UMass, Delaware, ASU, Wofford

That would leave 5 bids for these 12 assuming they are all 8-3 (I may be missing someone):

Elon
WIU
EWU
UNH
JMU
UR
GSU
The Citadel
EIU/JSU winner
Holy Cross
Montana St
Cal Poly

I'm not sure all could be 8-3 but all have a chance to be. Who would be taken by the commitee (in order) and why?

Some would need a huge win or two to get to 8-3 but once they get there the only one that stands out to me is WIU.

WIUFan
October 31st, 2007, 10:49 AM

That would leave 5 bids for these 12 assuming they are all 8-3 (I may be missing someone):

Elon
WIU
EWU
UNH
JMU
UR
GSU
The Citadel
EIU/JSU winner
Holy Cross
Montana St
Cal Poly

I'm not sure all could be 8-3 but all have a chance to be. Who would be taken by the commitee (in order) and why?

Some would need a huge win or two to get to 8-3 but once they get there the only one that stands out to me is WIU.

I couldn't agree more :D

A win against SIU would put WIU head and shoulders above the rest.

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Here are my predictions:

AQ=Montana, UNI, UD, HC, DSU, EKU, Elon, McNeese

I believe UNH will beat Umass, giving UD the title. HC wll beat Fordham.

ATL=UNH, JMU, UR, UMass, Wofford, App St, SIU, JSU

EWU will lose to NAU in NAU. CP will lose to NDSU. The Cidatel will not win out, and GSU will lose both @Elon and @CSU. JSU will beat EIU. WIU wil fall to SIU. MSU will fall to Montana.

Now, the only two that ae questionable here, IMO, are EWU to NAU and GSU @Elon. Every other one seems fairly likely. Now, if that happens, what precedence is there to leave 5 CAA teams out?

stevdock
October 31st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Who was the other team WIU lost to? I know they lost to NDSU and UNI. In my book I would hope that those would be considered very good losses.

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2007, 11:13 AM
I believe they lost to Illinois? Though correct me if I'm wrong.

ChickenMan
October 31st, 2007, 11:15 AM

Elon
WIU
EWU
UNH
JMU
UR
GSU
The Citadel
EIU/JSU winner
Holy Cross
Montana St
Cal Poly

1 - UNH.. wins over UD, UMass, Marshall
2 - Richmond.. wins over JMU & UNH
3 - GSU.. wins over ASU & Wofford
4 - Elon.. wins over GSU & Wofford
5 - WIU.. wins over SIU & YSU
6 - Cal Poly.. win over NDST
7 - Citadel.. win over ASU
8 - JMU.. win over UNH

left out..

EWU, JSU, EIU, MSU, HC, .. no quality wins

stevdock
October 31st, 2007, 11:16 AM
I think you are right and if that's the case and they beat SIU, I would think it should be a slam dunk to get into the playoffs. But the biggest problem that they have coming is beating SIU. If they get that done, and finish 8-3 my vote would be for them to get in.

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2007, 11:18 AM
WIU is IN if they win out, against all odds.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Here are my predictions:

AQ=Montana, UNI, UD, HC, DSU, EKU, Elon, McNeese

I believe UNH will beat Umass, giving UD the title. HC wll beat Fordham.

ATL=UNH, JMU, UR, UMass, Wofford, App St, SIU, JSU

EWU will lose to NAU in NAU. CP will lose to NDSU. The Cidatel will not win out, and GSU will lose both @Elon and @CSU. JSU will beat EIU. WIU wil fall to SIU. MSU will fall to Montana.

Now, the only two that ae questionable here, IMO, are EWU to NAU and GSU @Elon. Every other one seems fairly likely. Now, if that happens, what precedence is there to leave 5 CAA teams out?

What is the tie breaker in the CAA?

That scenario would leave UMass and UD with 1 conference loss each.

URMite
October 31st, 2007, 11:26 AM
1 - UNH.. wins over UD, UMass, Marshall
2 - Richmond.. wins over JMU & UNH
3 - GSU.. wins over ASU & Wofford
4 - Elon.. wins over GSU & Wofford
5 - WIU.. wins over SIU & YSU
6 - Cal Poly.. win over NDST
7 - Citadel.. win over ASU
8 - JMU.. win over UNH

left out..

EWU, JSU, EIU, MSU, HC, .. no quality wins

I like it but if UNH is 8-3 they probably don't have a win over UMass. MSU would have a quality win if 8-3 but also quite a loss, so probably still out. I might move WIU up because of who the losses were (Big Ten, UNI, NDSU).

ChickenMan
October 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM
I like it but if UNH is 8-3 they probably don't have a win over UMass. MSU would have a quality win if 8-3 but also quite a loss, so probably still out. I might move WIU up because of who the losses were (Big Ten, UNI, NDSU).

I stand corrected on Montana St.. if they finish 8-3.. with a win over Montana.. I'd put them in and take JMU or the Citadel out.

appfan2008
October 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM
It sounds like everyone on this thread feels as though ASU is in...

if they lose to The Citadel but beat UTC and WCU to finish the season would they still be in at 8-3 (4-3)

Id say yes... but what do you think?

ChickenMan
October 31st, 2007, 12:11 PM

if they lose to The Citadel but beat UTC and WCU to finish the season would they still be in at 8-3 (4-3)

8-3 with a win over Michigan is pretty much a lock.

BlueHen86
October 31st, 2007, 12:14 PM

I would think so. IMO they would be the first 8 - 3 team to get in, and I doubt if there will be enough 9 - 2 or better teams to keep them out.

UMass922
October 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
UNH would seem to be a mortal lock at 8-3, with wins already over Marshall, Delaware, and Hofstra, and still a chance to add one over UMass. They're also one of the few teams on that list that doesn't have a D-II on the schedule. I have to believe that the Wildcats would probably be first in line among all 8-3 teams.

stevdock
October 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
I have not seen Santos from UNH play. Is he as good as what we read about?

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2007, 01:44 PM
In a word, yes. He's absolutely unstoppable. I'm not sure much elaboration is necessary. Checkout some youtube clips, if you can.

PurpleandGold
October 31st, 2007, 02:55 PM
unstoppable might be a bit much, at least from a JMU fan's perspective, but he is very good

terrierbob
October 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM
In a word, yes. He's absolutely unstoppable. I'm not sure much elaboration is necessary. Checkout some youtube clips, if you can.

What position does he play?

URMite
October 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
What position does he play?

You're kidding? QB - since you're in the SoCon, picture Foster & Riddle combined:p xlolx xlolx xlolx

Pantherpower
October 31st, 2007, 04:36 PM
In my opinion, the CAA will get no more than 4 teams in. There is a chance that a 7-4 team leapfrogs one of the potential 8-3 teams that will come out of the CAA.

I'm not saying that I'd agree with this were it to happen, but don't be surprised if it does. The selection committee will strive for balanced representation and that means no more than a 1/4 of the field can come from one conference.