PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 2: Montana @ #3 North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 12:39 AM
Game kicks off at 2:30 PM CT on Saturday 12/3 and will be streamed on ESPN+. Here's how these two teams match up statistically (the number in parenthesis behind the stat value is the corresponding national FCS rank).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52527278365_1892dff9da_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of Southeastern Louisiana @ #6 Samford.

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 01:00 AM
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/a3e3ce5b-987c-4f00-94da-85e6a44c4607/d9v3rxf-4573ee3f-c1a5-4c16-8ed2-9bf0e38b53ed.jpg/v1/fill/w_286,h_350,q_70,strp/buffalo_cupcake_love_by_timarnts_d9v3rxf-350t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ 9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYw ZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OT gyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7Imhl aWdodCI6Ijw9MTI1NCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2EzZTNjZTViLT k4N2MtNGYwMC05NGRhLTg1ZTZhNDRjNDYwN1wvZDl2M3J4Zi00 NTczZWUzZi1jMWE1LTRjMTYtOGVkMi05YmYwZTM4YjUzZWQuan BnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNl cnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.GvoZMPqai6wkEhD b9QHlKBv8J2TxDKI8QaYWlf4Y6no

putter
November 27th, 2022, 01:02 AM
How is the Bizon secondary?

uofmman1122
November 27th, 2022, 01:04 AM
We're probably gonna get flavor blasted, but I'm glad we get another game to play!

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 01:04 AM
I think NDSU wins bit not as easily as some would think. Montana has 3 All Americans on defense and will be ready.

If SEMO's run game caused Montana problems than NDSU will cause the Grizzlies a lot of problems.

I think NDSU 31 Montana 17

Dewey

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 01:05 AM
How is the Bizon secondary?

Fantastic. All American strong safety and some multiple year starting corners and free safety. NDSU has struggled with run defense this year (struggled compared to previpus years dominant teams) but the pass defense has been pretty dang good.

Dewey

grizband
November 27th, 2022, 01:27 AM
I think NDSU wins bit not as easily as some would think. Montana has 3 All Americans on defense and will be ready.

If SEMO's run game caused Montana problems than NDSU will cause the Grizzlies a lot of problems.

I think NDSU 31 Montana 17

Dewey
They gave up 142 yards on 39 carries, so I wouldn't say the run game caused them problems.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2022, 04:51 AM
They gave up 142 yards on 39 carries, so I wouldn't say the run game caused them problems.

NDSU's run game is a total different animal compared to SEMOs. A gap power is something the Griz do not see.....most teams do not see it.

Utgrizfan
November 27th, 2022, 05:20 AM
Unless a lot of things go the Griz's way (like tonight where our Special Teams got a kick and a punt return for a TD), Turnovers ex. I think the Bison will get the win. We're going to have to play our best game but with our O-Coordinator I dont see it happening.

I think it was something like 2/14 on 3rd downs for the Griz offense tonight, that sure as hell won't cut it especially in Fargo.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2022, 07:42 AM
NDSU by a million.

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2022, 08:19 AM
The hole in the Bison defense has been closed up better than earlier in the season, but it's still there on occasion. The Bison offense and return teams have improved over the season. Against Montana, the return defense could be exploited and the hole between the pass rush and the defensive backs. The Bison offense should be okay against the Montana, if the OC doesn't get too cute early in the game.

mmiller_34
November 27th, 2022, 08:19 AM
As long as we stay on schedule with A-gap power we win by 37. Luepke with 52 touches and over 300 all purpose yards.

#OnBizon

Bisonator
November 27th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Luepke might not play. Bison still win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2022, 08:50 AM
As long as we stay on schedule with A-gap power we win by 37. Luepke with 52 touches and over 300 all purpose yards.

#OnBizon

If you were an actual Bison fan, you'd know he has a shoulder injury.

Peems
November 27th, 2022, 09:03 AM
I'm hopeful, but realistic. Lucas Johnson is the key. He is not the best QB, but he's not the worst. When he plays up to his abilities, the Griz offense can hum along and hang with anyone. But when he is off, the offense falls apart and too much pressure falls on the D. My heart says Griz 27 NDSU 23, but my head says NDSU 34 Griz 14.
Go Griz!

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:23 AM
It's easier to run on this Bison defense than it is to pass. I should have the updated national stats ranking up shortly but as of last week NDSU was 3rd in the FCS allowing 147.3 pass yards per game, 11th in the FCS allowing 6.04 yards per pass attempt, and 18th in the FCS with a defensive pass efficiency 117.04. Their run defense is far more average allowing 144.8 rush yards per game (51st) and 4.08 yards per carry (54th). They did lose their #3 but highest graded CB (according to PFF) in Marques Sigle to the transfer portal last week.

I'd suspect the Bison to do what they've always tried to do against the Griz and anyone else and that's run the ball and control the clock on offense and then force the Griz offense to sustain long drivers in order to score on defense. Despite their implosion against the run in Bozeman the Griz run defense has actually been pretty good this year, and was decent last night, but that'll be really put to the test.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:40 AM
Team stats breakdown added to the first post.

jadmt
November 27th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Griz win this one.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:52 AM
I hope NDSU's kickoff guy Steindorf is working on booming his kickoffs into the endzone this week. They haven't been particularly good covering kickoffs so they'll probably get torched by Flowers eventually if they give him mutliple returnable kicks.

The Cats
November 27th, 2022, 10:01 AM
North Dakota State

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2022, 10:02 AM
NDSU ball control offense and run game will dominate in this game. NDSU wins.

ming01
November 27th, 2022, 10:30 AM
31-20 Bison. Avoid turnovers. Don't expect a blowout.

mmiller_34
November 27th, 2022, 11:32 AM
If you were an actual Bison fan, you'd know he has a shoulder injury.

Thought he might be back. Trying to keep up. Converting to a Bizon fan can be hard sometimes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2022, 01:50 PM
NDSU ball control offense and run game will dominate in this game. NDSU wins.

This here.

Just like every game the Bison have played this year, the Griz will load the box and try and stop the run game. Passing game will be there also.

Bison do not have to change anything. Do what they do and let the defense stop it.

What I love is that all teams know what is coming and the Bison still get it done....xnodx

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2022, 02:45 PM
I just don't see NDSU having too much trouble in this one. Griz playing on the road instead of at home, they can't completely sell out on the run like they did in the 2nd half last night, and it's highly unlikely they catch lightning in a bottle on special teams 2 weeks in a row. Bison win 34-13.

Silenoz
November 27th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Griz win by 3 or lose by 24. I'll go with the latter.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2022, 07:26 PM
I like the blue-blood matchup, but i don't think this will be very close. Bison 34 Griz 13.

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 04:59 AM
By far the worst game of the entire second round, both teams absolutely suck xsmiley_wix

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2022, 05:55 AM
By far the worst game of the entire second round, both teams absolutely suck xsmiley_wix

Ya, it sucks cheering for a loser!

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 07:29 AM
Big Sky on the road is a loss and when that road leads to the Fargo Dome.... 21 point loss

SeattleCat
November 28th, 2022, 09:07 AM

I think NDSU 70 Montana 0

Dewey

FIFY

OhioHen
November 28th, 2022, 09:35 AM
Bizun wear down the Griz before pulling away.

ming01
November 28th, 2022, 11:11 AM
This here.

Just like every game the Bison have played this year, the Griz will load the box and try and stop the run game. Passing game will be there also.

Bison do not have to change anything. Do what they do and let the defense stop it.

What I love is that all teams know what is coming and the Bison still get it done....xnodx

Would like to see us get Cam involved/going early.

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 11:41 AM
This game in a nutshelll

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/288/bb7/72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

putter
November 28th, 2022, 12:53 PM
What you saw against SEMO is their base D, that looks like they stack the box. The 2nd half is what they have done all year. That is the 3-3-5 and can be effective if the pressure gets home. Against MSU the Griz sat back instead of pressured. They were over aggressive on the RPO and got torched all game as they were not sound. Against this D I think NDSU's offensive line is the key. They will get to the second level and that will hurt the Griz. I don't think the Griz will try to run that much and if the Griz can get the ball in the hand of their WR offensive weapons (Flowers, Bergen, Grossman, & Fontes) the Griz can score with the Bizon. Still think NDSU wins at home.

Bisonator
November 28th, 2022, 01:57 PM
From what I've seen of the Griz this year they seem a lot like UND and I'm expecting a similar result.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2022, 02:48 PM
From what I've seen of the Griz this year they seem a lot like UND and I'm expecting a similar result.
I think their defense is a lot better than UND's is... I think UND has a better o-line and run game though and defending the run is where the Bison defense is vulnerable this year.

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 02:54 PM
UM and NDSU mascots caught in the act of mating

https://www.earthtouchnews.com/media/1952646/bison-bear_2020-06-22.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2022, 07:25 AM
(4) Montana Griz press conference - Bobby Hauck, Eli Alford, Chris Walker on FCS playoff game at NDSU - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXpmqjYboNM)

I haven't watched a lot of Hauck pressers but he seems like a no bull**it coach. Maybe Griz fans can comment on that.

Looking forward to this matchup. I always like to watch how teams defend the run and how they adjust to the different personnel packages NDSU uses in the run game.

For the Bison run TM hard inside and use KJ on the edges. Please use the FB more for lead blocking Roehl......

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2022, 09:46 AM
(4) Montana Griz press conference - Bobby Hauck, Eli Alford, Chris Walker on FCS playoff game at NDSU - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXpmqjYboNM)

I haven't watched a lot of Hauck pressers but he seems like a no bull**it coach. Maybe Griz fans can comment on that.
His style definitely ruffles a lot of feathers inside our fanbase and in other teams' fanbases, for sure, but yeah he's definitely a no-nonsense guy.

dewey
November 29th, 2022, 11:03 AM
His style definitely ruffles a lot of feathers inside our fanbase and in other teams' fanbases, for sure, but yeah he's definitely a no-nonsense guy.

I just listened to the post game press conference after the SEMO win and then the 1 from yesterday. I like his no nonsense style and calling it like it is. It like that he brings a little humor into the press conferences. Interesting how he said they were hoping to make it to NDSU last year but ran out of healthy players vs James Madison.

I am looking forward to the match up. Montana has a lot of talented players and "street cred".

Dewey

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 11:27 AM
The battle of which broke azz states public school sux's more Bowl xnodx

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 11:40 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/3osxYqkZmCOHsLHB6w/200w.gif?cid=82a1493bosowok2eu52pr47tin39q3qqo488z rypjsgxvilq&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

- - - Updated - - -

https://media.tenor.com/b0ZtRLitz9QAAAAM/im-out-yellowstone-national-park.gif

MSUBobcat
November 29th, 2022, 11:51 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/3osxYqkZmCOHsLHB6w/200w.gif?cid=82a1493bosowok2eu52pr47tin39q3qqo488z rypjsgxvilq&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

- - - Updated - - -

https://media.tenor.com/b0ZtRLitz9QAAAAM/im-out-yellowstone-national-park.gif

The trolling is getting weaker and weaker. Considering it was pretty lame to start, I didn't think it could sink much farther. I was wrong.

dewey
November 29th, 2022, 11:52 AM
The trolling is getting weaker and weaker. Considering it was pretty lame to start, I didn't think it could sink much farther. I was wrong.

I guess when some people don't have anything intelligent to say about the game this is what happens.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2022, 01:17 PM
Over/under on Bison rushing yards?

I'll say: 265

Over/under on that total?

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2022, 01:21 PM

I'll say under. I don't think the Griz run defense is as bad against the run as they looked against Montana St. I also think NDSU is going to be a little more aggressive calling plays so the run/pass mix won't be the 80/20 split we've seen in some NDSU games earlier this season.

I'm also guessing Montana will be able to move the ball some on the Bison defense but if the Griz can only possess it for 20-25 minutes 265 on the ground might come naturally from 50+ rush attempts for NDSU.

dewey
November 29th, 2022, 03:05 PM

Hmm. Good question. I would take the over. I wonder if MT will keep the safeties back like they did in the 1st half of the SEMO game or do they walk the safeties down like MT did in the 2nd half of SEMO. However, even MT coach Hauck said they have struggled with the QB run game and NDSU just punished GFCC with the QB run game. SEMO hurt MT in the 1st half with the run game and the NDSU run game is way better than SEMO's.

Dewey

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 03:42 PM

It ain't trolling mane, its FACTS xthumbsupx

deez_na
November 29th, 2022, 03:48 PM

Battle of 2 programs that crap all over Furman

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 03:50 PM
Battle of 2 programs that crap all over Furman

Nah, just 2 broke azz state programs stuck in FCS, FACTS xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 03:52 PM
https://media.tenor.com/yziqvgexxIoAAAAC/broke-ass-broke.gif

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2022, 04:00 PM

There are a lot of people here that used to like Furman, until you showed up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2022, 04:23 PM
I'll say under. I don't think the Griz run defense is as bad against the run as they looked against Montana St. I also think NDSU is going to be a little more aggressive calling plays so the run/pass mix won't be the 80/20 split we've seen in some NDSU games earlier this season.

I'm also guessing Montana will be able to move the ball some on the Bison defense but if the Griz can only possess it for 20-25 minutes 265 on the ground might come naturally from 50+ rush attempts for NDSU.

I'll call over.

NDSU runs a scheme that most teams do not see. They run their 3-3-5 and the Bison will run for over 400. I suspect they will run blitz a lot on obvious running downs and stack the box.

JacksFan40
November 29th, 2022, 06:03 PM
It should be embarrassing to you that two “broke azz” programs routinely outperform Furman.

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Maybe (hopefully not) a big deal for this game: Our All-American CB limped off of the field after a knee injury (no idea what it was) at the end of the game on Saturday, so his status is a little questionable.

deez_na
November 29th, 2022, 07:16 PM

Nah, 2 successful programs that Furman wishes they were even close to.

POD Knows
November 29th, 2022, 09:31 PM
Does the MVFC give out rings for conference championships?? This is a real question because I saw the pics of the Furman rings and was wondering if NDSU guys would have enough fingers to hold all of them.

Hammerhead
November 29th, 2022, 09:57 PM

North Dakota is far from broke with a projected $750 million surplus and the end of our two-year budget cycle that ends next June plus $7.9 billion in the state's legacy fund which is over $10,000 for every resident of the state.

dewey
November 29th, 2022, 10:07 PM
Does the MVFC give out rings for conference championships?? This is a real question because I saw the pics of the Furman rings and was wondering if NDSU guys would have enough fingers to hold all of them.

I don't know but....imagine a player like Zach Vraa who would have 5 MVFC conference championship rings along with 5 National Championship rings.

Dewey

Bisonoline
November 29th, 2022, 10:21 PM
There are a lot of people here that used to like Furman, until you showed up.

Truth be told Furman fans dont claim that loser. From what I hear hes an insufferable prick on their board as well.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 10:30 PM
I don't know but....imagine a player like Zach Vraa who would have 5 MVFC conference championship rings along with 5 National Championship rings.

Dewey
Save an unfortunate wood chipper accident, or a FUBeAR computational error, seems like a perfectly synchronous situation.

dewey
November 29th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Save an unfortunate wood chipper accident, or a FUBeAR computational error, seems like a perfectly synchronous situation.

I checked your claim on my fingers and then toes and I believe you are correct.

5 conference championship rings on 1 hand and 1 national championship rings on the other hand.

Dewey

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 11:05 PM
I checked your claim on my fingers and then toes and I believe you are correct.

5 conference championship rings on 1 hand and 1 national championship rings on the other hand.

Dewey
so…room for 4 more (hopefully)…toe rings are un-manly. Any eligibility left?

lucchesicourt
November 29th, 2022, 11:20 PM
So, the Big Sky's 6th place team is going to beat NDSU, jadmt?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2022, 06:17 AM
McFeely Mess podcast: Colter Nuanez of Skyline Sports on whether 'Good Griz' or 'Bad Griz' show up in Fargo - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-mess-podcast-colter-nuanez-of-skyline-sports-on-whether-good-griz-or-bad-griz-show-up-in-fargo)

Bison Video Blog: The 2022 postseason begins with an NDSU - Montana showdown - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-video-blog-the-2022-postseason-begins-with-an-ndsu-montana-showdown)

Local talk about the game.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2022, 06:26 AM
I think it's the school that designs and pays for those. I think in 2006 when NDSU wasn't playoff eligible but won the Great West they gave the players conference championship rings. I also believe the national title rings usually say something about being conference champions as well so I'd guess they don't get both.

Interesting related factoid: they've either shared or outright won the MVFC conference title every year they've won a national title (in D1 at least). They didn't win or share the conference title this year (for only the 2nd time since 2010 - spring 2021 being the other).

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2022, 06:43 AM
Maybe (hopefully not) a big deal for this game: Our All-American CB limped off of the field after a knee injury (no idea what it was) at the end of the game on Saturday, so his status is a little questionable.
Losing an AA is never ok but if there's one spot you don't have to worry much about defensively vs NDSU it's at CB. They don't have any Christian Watson type WRs this year. Zach Mathis (#0) is pretty good as he's a big WR with good body control and decent speed but beyond that it's a bunch of smaller and/or unproven guys that the QB Cam Miller doesn't like to throw to unless they're pretty much wide open.

dewey
November 30th, 2022, 08:31 AM
so…room for 4 more (hopefully)…toe rings are un-manly. Any eligibility left?

No eligibility left as his last season was 2015-2106 when NDSU thumped Jacksonville State in the title game.

He was part of title teams from 2011 to 2015.

Dewey

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Losing an AA is never ok but if there's one spot you don't have to worry much about defensively vs NDSU it's at CB. They don't have any Christian Watson type WRs this year. Zach Mathis (#0) is pretty good as he's a big WR with good body control and decent speed but beyond that it's a bunch of smaller and/or unproven guys that the QB Cam Miller doesn't like to throw to unless they're pretty much wide open.
He's extremely good at containing the edge in the run defense, so if he can't go, that's probably where he'll be missed the most.

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2022, 11:03 AM
I can't imagine being this salty all the time is good for your health.

Hopefully if we do win, you'll come back and give us our due props instead of slinking off the forum for the offseason. ;)

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2022, 12:41 PM
Nobody gets props in this game, yall both suck azzzzz xnodx

https://media.tenor.com/euO5fFNQ7GAAAAAd/blues-clues-suck-ass.gif

POD Knows
November 30th, 2022, 01:20 PM
Lotta seats available. I think for the next game, if there is one, I am not going to claim my reserved seats and just buy tickets on the 50 for the same money. I have never understood the lack of crowds at these playoff games. Thousands of reserved seats not taken and I mean THOUSANDS

JacksFan40
November 30th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Lotta seats available. I think for the next game, if there is one, I am not going to claim my reserved seats and just buy tickets on the 50 for the same money. I have never understood the lack of crowds at these playoff games. Thousands of reserved seats not taken and I mean THOUSANDS
SDSU tickets looking even worse, East side of the stadium looks completely empty right now, West side is also very sparse outside of a few sections, don’t expect the student section to be half full either. I’d be surprised if this game even matches the Illinois State attendance, which was only 8000. Probably end up with around 5-7k.

POD Knows
November 30th, 2022, 03:28 PM
SDSU tickets looking even worse, East side of the stadium looks completely empty right now, West side is also very sparse outside of a few sections, don’t expect the student section to be half full either. I’d be surprised if this game even matches the Illinois State attendance, which was only 8000. Probably end up with around 5-7k.
Yea but we have a dome and 250k metro area.

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2022, 03:30 PM

and apathetic fans.

Winterborn
November 30th, 2022, 03:34 PM
and apathetic fans.

Truth.

I remember back in the day I worried about finding a seat. Now there are seats everywhere.

Sitting Bull
November 30th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Expensive tickets, $45 and $35. Is that normal? Understood you (both) have a high end program.

W&M tickets are $30 reserved and $20 GA. That’s slightly below regular season costs. Sales look really strong though it could be this is not a frequent event for us. There’s a lot of excitement about this years team.

JacksFan40
November 30th, 2022, 03:44 PM
We also have more excitement in our program, and are a short drive from the larger Sioux Falls metro.

JacksFan40
November 30th, 2022, 03:47 PM
Expensive tickets, $45 and $35. Is that normal? Understood you (both) have a high end program.

W&M tickets are $30 reserved and $20 GA. That’s slightly below regular season costs. Sales look really strong though it could be this is not a frequent event for us. There’s a lot of excitement about this years team.
I’ve seen tickets on the SDSU website ranging from $12 to $145, it depends on where you sit. Most seats are in the $12 to $27 range.

jadmt
November 30th, 2022, 03:49 PM
well yea..don't be too shocked when it happens.

MSUBobcat
November 30th, 2022, 03:57 PM
and apathetic fans.

Saving their ducats to help the team when that Southern Speed (SLU or Samford) comes to town, perhaps? Beating the Big Sky in the playoffs is old hat. :(

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Saving their ducats to help the team when that Southern Speed (SLU or Samford) comes to town, perhaps? Beating the Big Sky in the playoffs is old hat. :(
That game would have an even lower attendance than this game will. One less week to sell tickets and (likely) a Saturday morning kickoff.

My bored and spoiled Bison fan brethren only show up in force for home semifinal playoff games and the championship in Frisco anymore and even the semifinal last year against JMU wasn't sold out.

MSUBobcat
November 30th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Lots of enthusiasm for the MSU program these days. Gonna be a packed house (grey is sold out, light blue is low availability). I counted just under 100 seats remaining through the official website. There are quite a few on the secondary market from scalpers snatching them up, so how full it truly will be remains to be seen. Our ticket prices were $45 for sideline and $25 for the end zone (plus fees), so even after the NC$$ raids our pockets, it'll still be a nice chunk for the school and a boon for the city (Chamber of Commerce estimated last year's games brought in about $4.5M per weekend in what is basically off-season with the ski hills not rolling full tilt yet).

https://i.postimg.cc/QMVF1mXS/Capture.png

MSUBobcat
November 30th, 2022, 04:15 PM
That game would have an even lower attendance than this game will. One less week to sell tickets and (likely) a Saturday morning kickoff.

My bored and spoiled Bison fan brethren only show up in force for semifinal playoff games and the championship in Frisco anymore and even the semifinal last year against JMU wasn't sold out.

You know... you guys could solve that pretty easily. Just miss the playoffs next year.... easy peasy. :D

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2022, 05:17 PM
Special teams and play calling could make this game interesting. Just hope it doesn't.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2022, 05:56 PM
You know... you guys could solve that pretty easily. Just miss the playoffs next year.... easy peasy. :D
That would be a start I guess... would probably need a few years like that to get the "socialites" back interested again when they went on a playoff run so I say screw 'em and just continue to give me championship contending teams thank you very much. :D

THE DANIMAL
November 30th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Here is Brint's Scouting Report on the game. He usually has a pretty fair assessment on every game we play. (Hope I don't get in trouble for posting it over here. :D

The Griz are headed to Fargo to face off against the greatest dynasty ever in FCS football… maybe all of college football. Since his 2nd hire we know that Bobby Hauck and staff have looked to NDSU as the model program to build this Montana team after. They’ve not yet had a chance to see how that progress is going, but now… they will. Both teams are battling some tough injury news, NDSU is coming off a bye week, while Montana of course tallied a first round comeback win against SEMO.

The talk is that NDSU is down this year, and here’s a down year for the Bison – they actually lost their play-up game (a loss to Arizona by 3) which snapped a 6 game win streak against FBS teams, and they lost to #1 team South Dakota State by 2 points at home. That’s it… that’s a down year for them.

Prior history is really in the Bison’s favor. They’ve won 38 games in a row coming off a bye (combined regular and post season). They’re 40-3 overall in the post-season and I believe have only lost at home once – to eventual national title winner JMU. This year the Bison defense is allowing just 14 points per game at home.

NDSU Bison 9-2

56-14 win vs Drake: 21 couldn’t do something for Drake this day and NDSU rushed for nearly 275 and added another 112 on for passing. Drake was held to just under 220 yards and lost 2 turnovers in the game. Recall Drake would go on a few weeks later to play Idaho, losing 42-14 with fairly similar stats in the game (210 yards total for Drake / 450 total yards for Idaho).

43-3 win vs North Carolina A&T: Kind of a ho-hum game. NCA&T had just 189 yards of offense and lost 3 turnovers. NDSU had low numbers on offense, 150 rushing, 125 passing. It was 36-3 at the half. 2 of NDSU’s touchdown drives were super short field thanks to turnovers.

28-31 loss @ Arizona: 7 lead changes in this back and forth game. NDSU oddly had the game set up how they like it – a later 4th quarter lead – but they couldn’t close it out in their typical fashion. NDSU with a 4 point lead would wind up turning the ball over on downs at the Arizona 22, and the Wilcats made them pay – going 78 yards to score the go-ahead TD. With the ball back NDSU promptly goes 3 and out with a little less than 3 minutes left in the game they’re forced to punt it away. Arizona would not give the ball back and run out the clock after converting a pivotal 3rd and 3. NDSU slightly outgained Arizona, 407 total (283 rush / 124 pass) to 394 yards (165 rush / 229 pass). NDSU did lose a fumble that turned into a TD drive for Arizona and had that costly late turnover on downs.

34-17 win vs South Dakota: In the first of 2 games with common opponents to Montana the Bison piled up the rushing yards (356 total) and held USD to a total of 266 yards. It was a sloppy game for both teams, NDSU lost 2 fumbles and tossed 1 pick, while USD lost 4 total turnovers.

27-14 win vs Youngstown State: YSU was on the wrong side of the bubble, but did post a 7-4 record like Montana. NDSU again ran the hell out of it, 230 rushing. Their defense held YSU to 281 yards on the day. YSU was really limited on possessions as the game went on. They had 4 in the first quarter, and 5 more the rest of the game.

31-26 win @ Indiana State: Common opponent #2 was a tougher than expected road game for the Bison, in fact NDSU was down 13-3 until making it 13-10 with about 1 minute to go until the half. In the 2nd half NDSU goes up on an early TD, 17-13… but then promptly give up an 82 yard TD run to fall back down 20-17. Ever unflappable the Bison would reply with a long TD drive, then stop ISU to get the ball back. NDSU would lose a fumble on their next possession but force a 3 and out, get the ball back, and score again. At this point it’s now 31-20 with under 6 minutes left in the game. ISU would respond with a TD drive and a failed 2 point attempt – but don’t recover the onsides and NDSU runs out the clock. ISU had a fairly balanced stat sheet, 178 rushing, 168 passing. While NDSU had 306 on the ground alone.

21-23 loss vs South Dakota State: NDSU was up 21-7 at the half and save 1 long SDSU TD drive was in total control. The 2nd half was a different story, SDSU would hold NDSU to just 59 total yards, while they would score on 4 consecutive possessions (3 FGs / 1 TD). SDSU totally shut down the mighty Bison rushing game – allowing just 127 total yards in the game. NDSU had more passing stats than I’ve seen in most games, 227 in the air but also an interception that ended a would-be scoring drive in the 2nd quarter. SDSU’s defense won the day in the end – NDSU was forced into having to pass more in their last drive and wound up turning the ball over on downs to effectively seal the deal.

24-7 win vs Illinois State: Back to what they do best, NDSU smothered the ISU offense, ran the ball well, and limited opponent possessions. Former Griz Bryson Deming had 2 catches for 22 yards against NDSU in the game.

56-17 win @ Western Illinois: Just a causal 453 rushing for the Bison in this one. Western Illinois tossed 4 interceptions in the game too… ouch.

21-18 win @ Southern Illinois: SIU was down 7-3 at the half, and took a 10-7 lead in the 3rd. NDSU would then got back up 14-10 in the early 4th – they then stopped SIU, got the ball back, and scored again. It’s now 21-10 and all NDSU has to do is prevent the comeback. SIU puts together an 81 yard TD drive + a 2 point conversion but took way to much time doing so. With 37 seconds to go they wouldn’t recover the onsides and lose the game. SIU held NSDU to 150 rushing and 80 passing – outgaining the Bison by about 70 total yards of offense. Recall SIU lost to SEMO by 3 (34-31) in a shootout where both teams had nearly 400 yards of offense.

42-21 win vs North Dakota: NDSU controlled the game the whole way, they never were trailing. They had a 28-7 lead before a late 2nd quarter UND touchdown and then would outscore UND 14-7 in the 2nd half. NDSU ran for 363 while UND had 318 total yards. NDSU only punted twice in the whole game.

-------------
General Stats

Passing yards per game UM (229 for UM vs 137 for NDSU)
Rushing yards per game NDSU (172 for UM vs 262 for NDSU)
Total offense UM (400 for UM vs 399 for NDSU)
Passing yards allowed per game NDSU (195 for UM vs 145 for NDSU)
Rushing yards allowed per game UM (130 for UM vs 147 for NDSU)
Total defense NDSU (324 for UM vs 292 for NDSU)

I kind of want to rule the total offense as a push… but a yard is a yard. We split the categories 3-3.

Offense points scored NDSU (37 for UM vs 38.4 for NDSU)
Defense points allowed NDSU (19 for UM vs 17.4 for NDSU)
Turnover margin NDSU (+1 for UM / +8 for NDSU)
Fieldgoal % NDSU (64% for UM vs 67% for NDSU)
Punt Returns UM (14.3 yards for UM vs 12 yards for NDSU)
Kick Returns UM (29.6 yards for UM vs 20.9 yards for NDSU)
T.O.P. NDSU (28:17 for UM vs 31:19 for NDSU)
Red Zone defense (touchdowns) UM (62% UM / 65% NDSU)
Red Zone offense (touchdowns) NDSU (65% UM / 74% NDSU)
3rd down offense NDSU – (46% for UM / 54% for NDSU)
3rd down defense UM – (33% allowed for UM vs 39% allowed for NDSU)

Bigger pull for NDSU here, they get 7 to Montana’s 4. Totals are NDSU 10 – Montana 7.

--------------------
Players to Watch:

#44 Hunter Luepke, FB: As we all know by now his status is doubtful for Saturday. Luepke is NFL bound, he’s a bruiser of a fullback. He leads the team with 621 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs, he’s also 3rd in receptions and has 196 yards and a team high 4 TD receptions. He’s 6-1, 236.

#22 TaMerik Williams, RB: Another big dude, he’s 6-1, 229 and has the 2nd most amount of yards on the team. He’s got 559 rushing and 7 TDs this season. Just 20 receiving yards so far.

#7 Cam Miller, QB: Cam is 4th on the team in rushing yards with 263, however he is first in rushing TDs with 11. Passing he’s averaging 132.5 per game, has 10 TDs and 2 INTs.

#4 Kobe Johnson, RB: Kobe is a smaller back compared to the others on the team, he’s 5-9 188, I wonder if we see a lot of him after NDSU looks at our MSU game film? He has 508 on the ground and 3 TDs, another 28 yards receiving and 1 receiving TD. He’s also one of their kick returners and holds the highest average per return at 26.8.

#0 Zach Mathis, WR: At 6-6 he’s their big target in the passing game. Mathis leads the team in receiving yards with 330 and he’s got 3 TDs this season.

#28 TK Marhsall, RB: TK could see the field a bit more with one of NDSU’s other RBs hitting the portal. He’s got 225 rushing yards & 3 rushing TDs this season.

#53 Eli Mostaert, DL: Unsure if he’ll be ready for this game or not, one of the best FCS linemen when healthy, he broke is leg early in the season. He’s been working his way back and reports are he’s running again in practice. Unsure his status for us but the bye week gave him more time to rest up. He’s a 1st-team all conference player. Last year he had 7.5 sacks and 10 TFLs.

#26 James Kazcor, LB: The leading tackler on the team with 69 tackles (nice). He’s got 3 sacks, 5.5 TFLS, and 1 interception.

#99 Spencer Waege, DE: A 6-5, 282 pound end this guy leads the team in sacks with 7. He’s got 13 TFLs, 5 QB hits, and 33 total tackles.

#25 Michael Tutsie, DB: A 1st team all conference player, Tutsie is 2nd on the team with 50 tackles. He’s got 1 INT, a team best 5 pass breakups, and 1 recovered fumble. Dude is 5-11, 189 – seems like he’s their Robby Hauck!

#36 Nick Kubitz, LB: A 6-2, 225 backer he’s got 47 tackles and 4.5 TFLs this season so far.

-------------------------------

Keys to a Grizzly victory

1. Slow down the running game. NDSU might be down their best runner but that might not mean much as they are a system just built on reloading with special talent. It starts with their O-line and power run game which Montana must disrupt enough. NDSU wins grinding it out and controlling the ball. Notice their red zone efficiency as well, it’s insane. For Montana to win they have to do enough to keep NDSU’s rushing attack from controlling the game. That means limiting 3rd and short situations, keeping NDSU out of the RZ as much as possible, and forcing them into passing situations as much as possible.

2. Use your skill players like you haven’t before. We saw what happened when Flowers got the touches he should have last week – dude had his best overall career game I think. I think Bergen and Grossman need 5+ touches each. I’d love to see Flowers and Roberts get some similar use to what they had against SEMO too. What’s interesting is that NDSU’s pass defense, statistically is amazing, but when I pull MVFC the conference as a whole appears to largely focus on running and ball control. There’s only 3 teams with at/over 250 passing/game (UNI and Missori State – who NDSU didn’t play – and SIU, who they did). Stats be damned, Montana needs to use our talent like we’ve not done much this season in the passing game.

3. Lucas Johnson needs to have his career game as a Griz. The legend of this dude could be cemented with the best game of his career on Saturday. Point #2 plays into it – he needs to have 250+ passing, and that’s against a defense that allows 100/game less than that on average. Lucas has had issues of late (even last week) missing wide open targets like Grossman early. He can’t do that on Saturday. He’ll need to be dialed in and on fire. Additionally, we need him to use his legs too and make NDSU respect and prepare for his mobility too.

4. Montana has to win the turnover battle. Their trend of late has not been this way and NDSU doesn’t really turn it over much (3 lost picks and 6 lost fumbles). Montana’s offense even against SEMO gave up a scoop and score and lost a RZ turnover of their own. Giving NDSU a 7 or more point swing with turnovers will sink us for sure. NDSU does have 11 picks but a good portion came against bad teams.

5. Wash out the MSU errors. The Griz will be facing some similar challenges that they had in the brawl. An offensive attack where the run is a known play (totally different style of attack though) and wickedly loud crowd noise. In the Brawl Montana couldn’t stop the run and let the crowd noise totally disrupt their timing on offense – especially with the O-line. Can the Griz be better prepared for both this time?

6. Score on special teams. NDSU’s kick coverage is good, but not great, their net is in the top half of their conference barely, they do have quite a few touchbacks, if we can get a few Flowers returns there could be a chance there. Kind of the same for net punting. There could be some opportunities there. However, NDSU’s coaching staff is one of the best in the FCS, I’m betting they gameplan to neutralize our dangerous returners.

7. Prayer wouldn’t help. An old line from a commercial with Bill Parcels haha. This is a monumental challenge for the Griz on the road. We’ll need perfect execution, a sloppy NDSU, and a little (or a lot) of luck.

----------------------------

Montana has a good rush defense statistically, NDSU has a great rush offense. Montana has a better passing offense than all but 1 team NDSU has faced this year, while NDSU has a great pass defense statistically. Talk about a major test for the Griz.

Montana, on the road against ranked teams is 0-3 this year, in each of those games they scored 24, 21, and 21 points – while allowing 31, 24, and 55. That suggests if all things hold the same, NDSU should come away with a 36-22 type of win. NDSU’s injury news has given me some hope, but Montana’s dinged up like hell too. Will the emotions from the SEMO win carry over, or will we fizzle out?

My head tells me this is the end of the line. Montana maybe holds it closer than their prior road outings but loses 31-20 in the end. My heart… well… I always have hope there. If this truly is something this staff and this roster has literally prepared for for years, then maybe we find a way. We’ve seen stranger things… hell even @ UW last year. If the Griz can overcome the challenges in that dome and take on what is perceived to be a “weaker” NDSU team, for some reason 28-23 Griz feels like it could happen.

GO GRIZ!

dewey
November 30th, 2022, 11:08 PM
That was a good write up on NDSU this season. Thanks for posting it THE DANIMAL!

Dewey

Winterborn
December 1st, 2022, 07:40 AM
Anybody know the conference the refs are from for this game?

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2022, 07:45 AM

....AH'M HOPIN'.......MEAC......AWK!

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2022, 07:46 AM
Someone used to post the FCS playoff officiating assignments on the NCAA officiating board on refstripes but that hasn't happened for a couple years now: https://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Might have to wait until the game kicks off to find out.

Winterborn
December 1st, 2022, 09:22 AM
Someone used to post the FCS playoff officiating assignments on the NCAA officiating board on refstripes but that hasn't happened for a couple years now: https://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Might have to wait until the game kicks off to find out.

I remember that and it was why I raised the questions. Figured I just might of missed it.

That is always a good backup plan. The first 5 series will tell us (if it takes that long).

I just like to prepare myself for how much yelling I need to do. xlolx

Winterborn
December 1st, 2022, 09:24 AM
....AH'M HOPIN'.......MEAC......AWK!

I will be hoarse by the end of the 1st quarter then. :D

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2022, 09:58 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ca4475dc329430cb7083212fac3fec28/tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2022, 01:56 PM
I will be hoarse by the end of the 1st quarter then. :D

I'm right behind the Griz bench.....might have to "heckle" the smallest guy on the sideline and Hauck!!

xnodx

SeattleCat
December 2nd, 2022, 02:13 PM
I'm right behind the Griz bench.....might have to "heckle" the smallest guy on the sideline and Hauck!!

xnodx

Hauck Jr?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2022, 02:37 PM
Hauck Jr?

Every team has a small kicker or dback that is like 170 lbs. Usually there is a group of rowdies around me that yell at the coach to ...."put Rudy in coach"....almost always get a bunch of smiles from players and coaches.....

jadmt
December 2nd, 2022, 04:16 PM

xnodx
you heckle Robbie Hauck and he will probably jump up in the stands and put a late hit on you....that is the rumor anyway. Refs are so scared that he will put a late hit on them they don't call anything on him..

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2022, 04:56 AM
Playoff GameDay today!!!

Bring on the 'trying to get back to the top' Griz. What a dilemma for the Griz. Sit back in their 3-3-5 and get curb stomped or run blitz like they do 70% of their defensive plays and still get run over.

The only way I see this game being close is if the Bison have multiple turnovers in their own end.

Cam's passing will probably shine today. Man coverage on the outside will mean Bison WRs will be open.

Bison roll: 35-10

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2022, 05:17 AM
Of course, you had no (competition-based) reason to receive at an At-Large bid, but you’re here now…so CONTRIBUTE by keeping Samford (if their Starting QB is >85% injury-wise) from having to play in the DEATHDome next week…GO GRIZ!!!

Do it like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJUc73t5aY

#DefundTheCommittee

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2022, 05:28 AM
Heading out soon, should be in Fargo about 10:30, 4 hour drive, for pre-game festivities.

It's GAME DAY!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2022, 05:40 AM
Of course, you had no (competition-based) reason to receive at an At-Large bid, but you’re here now…so CONTRIBUTE by keeping Samford (if their Starting QB is >85% injury-wise) from having to play in the DEATHDome next week…GO GRIZ!!!

Do it like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJUc73t5aY

#DefundTheCommittee

Montana will give the Bison a much better game than Samford would, if both teams win.

FUGameBreaker
December 3rd, 2022, 10:18 AM
https://media.tenor.com/J01QVT9-Z6kAAAAM/wanker-piss-off.gif

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 12:37 PM
NDSU's record against current and former members of the SoCoN:

ETSU: 1-0
Furman: 1-0
Wofford: 2-0
Georgia Southern: 3-0
University of Richmond: 1-0

Might take playing a current SEC team for the Bison to lose to someone with ties to the SoCoN....who knows.

NDSU1980
December 3rd, 2022, 02:56 PM
Two possessions, two TD's for the Bison

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 02:57 PM
14-0 Bison after a 68 yard touchdown run by Cam Miller (QB). 557 to go 1st quarter.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2022, 03:04 PM
#6 is extremely cocky for Montana.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 03:09 PM
#6 is extremely cocky for Montana.

Justin Ford, All American corner.

Dewey

NDSU1980
December 3rd, 2022, 03:11 PM
Griz roaring back. 14-7 Bison

jadmt
December 3rd, 2022, 03:24 PM
griz are going to win. bison already starting to gasp

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 03:27 PM
NDSU 14-10 926 to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 03:28 PM
Eli Gillman is going to be a dude for this team.

Prime Power
December 3rd, 2022, 03:29 PM
A gap power...not today Bison fans

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 03:30 PM
A gap power...not today Bison fans
I do not understand why you guys don't just do this every play.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 03:33 PM
Robby noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CopperCat
December 3rd, 2022, 03:33 PM
Defensive holding AFTER the fumble!?!?

NDSU just got a home team gift right there.

Prime Power
December 3rd, 2022, 03:35 PM

Flags where out before, BUT with the amount of holding they are allowing these officials are letting them play....I guess.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2022, 03:36 PM
Once again, Tyler Roehl does not know how to call a game.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 03:36 PM

Before the fumble....

Dewey

Peems
December 3rd, 2022, 03:40 PM
So far, I am pleasantly surprised with our boys. Go Griz

- - - Updated - - -

Though, bless his little angry heart, Robbie Hauck always driving me insane

jadmt
December 3rd, 2022, 03:40 PM
griz will score here and then get the ball back after the half...going to win this one.

Peems
December 3rd, 2022, 03:41 PM
Oh boy, if Johnson is hurt, we can call it

Peems
December 3rd, 2022, 03:45 PM
I do believe that was a facemask

Peems
December 3rd, 2022, 03:46 PM
*sigh, oh well

uofmman1122
Jesus we've had way too many of these dumb plays this year at the worst possible time. Johnson looks hurt.

dewey
griz will score here and then get the ball back after the half...going to win this one.

Umm. About that prediction?

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 03:47 PM
Umm. About that prediction?

Dewey

Didn't age well.

dewey

Kind of looked that way.

Dewey

Prime Power

Was it, they show one ****ty replay only at the game.

grizband
Jesus we've had way too many of these dumb plays this year at the worst possible time. Johnson looks hurt.
Well, during the first half last week, many people were calling for Britt. Maybe they've gotten their wish. Hopefully Johnson is ok!

Roamingriz
December 3rd, 2022, 03:48 PM
A little bit o the old fask to cause that fumble looked like

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 03:48 PM
You can tell this is a half assed ESPN camera crew....the local Fargo guys do a better job for sure.

jadmt
December 3rd, 2022, 03:52 PM
griz are rolling.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 03:58 PM
Unfortunate they missed that facemask, but we have to protect better.

All the Griz fans that have been calling for Daniel Britt get their wish. The offense looks pretty simple with him in there, to me, though.

All in all, I'm just glad it's not 28-0 lol

grizband
December 3rd, 2022, 04:00 PM
Unfortunate they missed that facemask, but we have to protect better.

All the Griz fans that have been calling for Daniel Britt get their wish. The offense looks pretty simple with him in there, to me, though.

All in all, I'm just glad it's not 28-0 lol
It's definitely simpler with Britt, but I still believe he's a better option than Brown. The Griz are a fumble away from only being down one point at the half. I'll take that, against the Bison on the road.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 04:01 PM
It's definitely simpler with Britt, but I still believe he's a better option than Brown. The Griz are a fumble away from only being down one point at the half. I'll take that, against the Bison on the road.
I have way more confidence in a simple offense with Daniel than I would with any sort of offense with Brown. That dude just cannot handle the moment.

grizband
December 3rd, 2022, 04:03 PM

I have way more confidence in a simple offense with Daniel than I would with any sort of offense with Brown. That dude just cannot handle the moment.
Exactly; he's also not nearly as mobile as Britt, or Johnson. I guess we'll see how the game turns out in the second half! Go Griz!

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 04:06 PM
Some questionable reffing for sure, but overall terrible coaching decisions by the Griz. LJ literally could barely walk off the field, let's immediately put him back in when you know that the bison are gonna bring pressure. Dumbasses, Rosey has to go.

Overall though, take away 2 plays and the Griz are leading 13-7. This should be a good game in the 2nd half, as long as the coaching staff for the Griz pulls their head out of their asses.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 04:20 PM
Big 3 and put for the NDSU defense.

NDSU ball at their own 40.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2022, 04:25 PM
Pick 6 Griz!

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 04:25 PM
DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 04:26 PM
Pick 6 for the Grizzlies.

21-20 NDSU leads early 3rd quarter.

Dewey

jadmt
December 3rd, 2022, 04:27 PM
told you griz were going to win this. bizon are gassed. already hanging their heads..

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:30 PM
told you griz were going to win this. bizon are gassed. already hanging their heads..

You should probably stop posting.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 04:30 PM
75 yard touchdown run by Kobe Johnson!

28-20 NDSU

Dewey

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 04:31 PM
You should probably stop posting.

LOL! No, have him keep posting. When he posts good things happen for NDSU.

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 04:31 PM
Dude, stop it. lmao

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 04:32 PM
We finally get back to within a point and the defense gives up another big play...it's frustrating to be a Griz fan sometimes.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:33 PM
Dude, stop it. lmao

No. Dewey is right. This dude needs to keep posting. :D

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 04:37 PM
Wow blatant pass interference Refs gave the Bison one there

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 04:38 PM
How do you let that happen? Ugh.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:39 PM

Oh bull...the Montana receiver had a massive handful of jersey too. He practically turned himself into a defender on that lob pass.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 04:41 PM
The pass was so bad, it wouldn't matter.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 04:41 PM
Oh bull...the Montana receiver had a massive handful of jersey too. He practically turned himself into a defender on that lob pass.

Prevented the WR from going back to the ball, maybe take off the homer glasses. Yes Was a bad throw, but he impeded progress for him to go back to it.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:42 PM
Prevented the WR from going back to the ball, maybe take off the homer glasses. Yes Was a bad throw, but he impeded progress for him to go back to it.

My homer glasses? You didn't see that pass from your backup QB huh? xlolx

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:43 PM
He almost just threw another one.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:43 PM
....and another one.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 04:44 PM
My homer glasses? You didn't see that pass from your backup QB huh? xlolx

Literally said it was a bad throw...maybe you just need glasses in general xlolx

jadmt
December 3rd, 2022, 04:53 PM
how about that..

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:00 PM
Nice ****ing cheap shot on that return.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2022, 05:00 PM
Classy

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:01 PM
Nice ****ing helmet to helmet hit.....

dewey
Nice ****ing cheap shot on that return.

Right? NDSU #99 was on the ground and then tries to get up and get hit with a cheap shot.

Dewey

Prime Power
Cheap nothing more than a cheap ass bitch play....Montana sucks enjoy the ride HOME LOSERS

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:02 PM
****ing cheap shot bull**** by the Griz knocks NDSU All-American Spencer Waege out of the game.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:03 PM
Another ****ing helmet to helmet hit!

Bison56
That's what losers do.

Prime Power
Suck it Montana.....

uofmman1122
lol way to go guys, nice job pissing them off

BisonFan02
TD Bison! Eat my dick Griz!

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:04 PM
Run the ****ing score up. Don't let up.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:04 PM
That is the perfect response to that cheap shot.

42-20 NDSU 1317 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:05 PM
Ah the class is coming out

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:05 PM
Run. It. The. ****. Up.

CopperCat
December 3rd, 2022, 05:06 PM
Cheap shot by the gris!? Say it ain't so......

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:06 PM
Yep, it sure did. Now time for the reciprocation.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 05:07 PM
****ing cheap shot bull**** by the Griz knocks NDSU All-American Spencer Waege out of the game.
Hate to see any cheap hits, especially after what happened in the SDSU-Delaware game. Hate it even more since I got to watch Waege play back in HS, heck of a guy, hope he recovers.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:07 PM

Hopefully we don't resort to that cheap shot crap. Get the starters out as NDSU has a game next week.

Dewey

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM

Oh I definitely don't condone the cheap shots as well that was ****ed and makes us look bad. However the running up comments are pretty bush league as well.

Prime Power
December 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM

Already came out when your guy head hunted an all american that was on the ground....i am all class...so eat a duck....lol Mallard I heard is good

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:09 PM
Already came out when your guy head hunted an all american that was on the ground....i am all class...so eat a duck....lol Mallard I heard is good

My comment was in regards To the hit, I don't condone that s*** dumb dumb

Prime Power
December 3rd, 2022, 05:10 PM
My comment was in regards To the hit, I don't condone that s*** dumb dumb

No it wasnt you ****ing liar.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:11 PM
No it wasnt you ****ing liar

It literally was, dumbass like That could cause some serious injuries I lost a friend in high school that way. Took a cheap shot and never fully recovered ended up killing himself because of the brain damage and the pain

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 05:12 PM
Britt pulled, Brown in.

We officially have no shot. (not that we did anyways, but now it's definitely 0 lol)

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:12 PM
I am pretty certain no one from either fan base can defend that cheap shot. Hopefully #99 is healthy moving forward and coach Hauck and his staff teach that player that stuff isn't Grizzly football.

Dewey

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:13 PM
Britt pulled, Brown in.

We officially have no shot. (not that we did anyways, but now it's definitely 0 lol)

There was a glimmer of hope When we got that pick 6 , and then the bison showed that long run wasn't a fluke

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 05:14 PM
I am pretty certain no one from either fan base can defend that cheap shot. Hopefully #99 is healthy moving forward and coach Hauck and his staff teach that player that stuff isn't Grizzly football.

Dewey
Walker has always played a little too close to the edge. It was a really stupid thing to do.

Prime Power
It literally was, dumbass like That could cause some serious injuries I lost a friend in high school that way. Took a cheap shot and never fully recovered ended up killing himself because of the brain damage and the pain

Whatever you say dude

Utgrizfan

Dewey

Agreed, Being frustrated and mad that you're getting run over isn't an excuse

uofmman1122
There was a glimmer of hope When we got that pick 6 , and then the bison showed that long run wasn't a fluke
I honestly felt any chance we had went out the window when Johnson got hurt, despite the multitude of Griz fans acting like Britt was the 2nd coming of Dave Dickenson.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:16 PM
Whatever you say dude

I'm merely speaking the truth, I'm not the one fishing or trying to start drama.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly felt any chance we had went out the window when Johnson got hurt, despite the multitude of Griz fans acting like Britt was the 2nd coming of Dave Dickenson.

Throwing in a red shirt freshman on the road in the playoffs against one of the top fcs defenses isn't going to go well, not everyone is a Tommy Mellott

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:16 PM
Agreed with you two MT fans. Hopefully he gets coached up and it doesn't ever happen again.

Dear NDSU coaches....pull the starters!!!!!

Dewey

Prime Power
December 3rd, 2022, 05:17 PM
I'm merely speaking the truth, I'm not the one fishing or trying to start drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Throwing in a red shirt freshman on the road in the playoffs against one of the top fcs defenses isn't going to go well, not everyone is a Tommy Mellott

So then when you said the class is coming out you were saying that the Montana team/player is classless and it was a dirty ass bitch play? Got it.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:17 PM

I would agree. Johnson was playing pretty well. Not good to see him get hurt.

Dewey

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:18 PM
Agreed with you two MT fans. Hopefully he gets coached up and it doesn't ever happen again.

Dear NDSU coaches....pull the starters!!!!!

Dewey

Needs to be more old school mentality when it comes to coaching some of these kids, I remember players getting kicked off the team for pulling c*** like this Or being forced to sit a few games at the minimum

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:19 PM
Really hard to cool down after that but Waege is a 6th year guy who lost pretty much all last season due to injury and had a potential NFL future. If that injury is as serious as it looked not only does it rob him of his final playoff run it also jeopardizes his NFL chances this spring. There's nothing that can ever make up for that.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:19 PM
Onside kick....get the ball back and go for a score.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:20 PM
So then when you said the class is coming out you were saying that the Montana team/player is classless and it was a dirty ass bitch play? Got it.

Yes, It was a blatant cheap shot, Not hard to understand it was a "oh great here we f****** go" Kids getting frustrated for getting their asses kicked can't Keep their **** together. Sorry it's not what you're trying to make it out to be

uofmman1122
I would agree. Johnson was playing pretty well. Not good to see him get hurt.

Dewey
It's a sad story of what could've been. He's been hurt for 6 games this year, and we've now lost 5 of those games.

jadmt
time to tap out. congrats to ndsu. we were totally out classed. Go cats.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:21 PM

You're our MVP for this game. Thanks.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:23 PM
It's a sad story of what could've been. He's been hurt for 6 games this year, and we've now lost 5 of those games.

He's also given up a lot of points with his fumbles, he should have been pulled until the 2nd half when he could barely walk off the field before fumbling and giving NDSU a touchdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, we got our asses kicked. Good luck in the next round Bison

jadmt
December 3rd, 2022, 05:24 PM
You're our MVP for this game. Thanks.
you're welcome.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:24 PM
Yes, It was a blatant cheap shot, Not hard to understand it was a "oh great here we f****** go" Kids getting frustrated for getting their asses kicked can't Keep their **** together. Sorry it's not what you're trying to make it out to be

Completely agree that kids, and that is what they are, make mistakes. It happens. Learn from it and if it happens again you potentially suspend him. No one wants anyone to get hurt.

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:29 PM
They probably should just send that Walker guy to the locker room.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:30 PM
Redshirt Senior....maybe Hauck can suspend him for the last 2 minutes.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:32 PM
That was a good ball by Britt, there is potential there, this was not the game to throw him into to find it.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 05:33 PM
Touchdown Montana on a nice pass from Britt.

49-26 with 105 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 05:35 PM
Hauck keeps saying NDSU is the measuring stick, and it's clear we still have a long way to go.

I think we need to make some big changes, especially in the way we recruit.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 05:39 PM
My golden Buffalos didn't disappoint..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:39 PM
Hauck keeps saying NDSU is the measuring stick, and it's clear we still have a long way to go.

I think we need to make some big changes, especially in the way we recruit.

Few things that come to mind:

Trenches: Our O-Line and D-Line got smashed all season long

Scheme: The offensive play calling, we need a new Coordinator. Going head to head vs bigger Lines instead of using our skill players on the edges, I'm not an expert but holy hell.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 05:52 PM
284 rushing yards and 4 TDs on 4 plays....I doubt we would've made it a closer game if we could tackle properly, but oof....that hurts.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:54 PM
284 rushing yards and 4 TDs on 4 plays....I doubt we would've made it a closer game if we could tackle properly, but oof....that hurts.

The 3-3-5 can be a good defense if you have the athletes, we did not have the athletes this year. Might be time to move on from it.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 05:56 PM
The 3-3-5 can be a good defense if you have the athletes, we did not have the athletes this year. Might be time to move on from it.
I would not be sad to see it go, although we basically played a 5-4 for most of the 2nd half, and still got smoked.

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:28 PM
Montana was the fraud many thought they were. Not only did they get into the playoff, but they got a home game and fared much worse than Youngstown, whom figured out their backup was the true starter in the second half of the game against NDSU ans had a closer score. How do you like having fraud to promote your team for a beat down when you don't belong. Youngtown would have given a much better game and may have been able to pull off an upset with their QB whom closed the gap in the second half of the game vs NDSU.

BTW how did all those conference winners do in the **** leagues Ursus? They ****ing failed as I said they would do. Your defense of the committee is also a fraud and I'm call you out on it moron. Ban me and see if I give a ****.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 07:32 PM
Montana was the fraud many thought they were. Not only did they get into the playoff, but they got a home game and fared much worse than Youngstown, which figured out their backup was the true starter in the second half of the game against NDSU had a closer score. How do you like having fraud promote your team for a beat down when you don't belong. Youngtwouldnhsve given a much better game and may have been able to pull off an upset with their QB that closed the gap in the second half of the game.

BTW how did all those conference winners do in the **** leagues Ursus? They ****ing failed as I said they would do. Your defense of the committee is also a faud and I'm call you out on it moron. Ban me and see if I give a ****.
lmao cry about it

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:37 PM
It's not personal, it's just the facts that I've pointed out multiple times. Maybe you will recognize the **** system now. You can't defend it. All you can do is stay with your narrative or break free from it

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 07:43 PM
It's not personal, it's just the facts that I've pointed out multiple times. Maybe you will recognize the **** system now. You can't defend it. All you can do is stay with your narrative or break free from it
Settle down... Montana may not have deserved to be in the playoffs but it's not like Youngstown St deserved it that much more. UC Davis has a legit beef over the Griz... YSU does not.

And it seems odd to me that you want to **** on the league winners from the lesser leagues if you're so convinced the committee is the mafia... autobids are the only way to get in without needing help from the committee. All 8 seeds won today so it's pretty tough to **** on the committee right now anyway.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 07:44 PM
So you are calling a Montana team that lost their starting QB when they were down 21-20 on the road at NDSU a fraud?

Wow.

Maybe YSU should have beaten GFCC (aka UND) or Missouri State so a few Penguin fans didn't have anything to complain about.

I like the fact that all NCAA conferences have autobids into the playoffs.

Oh, and YSU could have beaten NDSU in the playoffs....in Fargo? Um...yeah...sure.

If the committee is so bad they sure nailed the seeded teams.

Go Bison!

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:46 PM
Settle down... Montana may not have deserved to be in the playoffs but it's not like Youngstown St deserved it that much more. UC Davis has a legit beef over the Griz... YSU does not.

And it seems odd to me that you want to **** on the league winners from the lesser leagues if you're so convinced the committee is the mafia... autobids are the only way to get in without needing help from the committee. All 8 seeds won today so it's pretty tough to **** on the committee right now anyway.

Don't construe my statement. I'm talking about the at large teams. Ursus made an argument that the league winners had to be in the playoff. I made the argument that the league winners did not represent the top 24 teams. He argued that the committee got it right. They didn't. Look at what happened to Delaware. Montana doesn't need to be the team It could have been Delaware. Look at the results from the CAA.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a **** system that doesn't pick the best teams. Period.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 07:47 PM
Don't construe my statement. I'm talking about the at large teams. Ursus made an argument that the league winners had to be in the playoff. I made the argument that the league winners did not represent the top 24 teams. He argued that the committee got it right. They didn't. Look at what happened to Delaware. Montana doesn't need to be the team It could have been Delaware. Look at the results from the CAA.

The same CAA teams like Richmond and William & Mary? The Richmond team that gave Sacramento State all they could handle.....

Are you complaining about the at large teams or the league winner? Seems like you are complaining about both.

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:50 PM
Time to air the dirty laundry:

Email from Patty Viverito:

"you should not be surprised to know I happen to share your sentiment about the unfairness of YSU not being selected. I can’t begin to explain or support the Committee’s decision. They clearly did not value strength of schedule or how teams were playing at the end of the season. Patty"

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:53 PM

The committee operates just like the Mafia

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 07:53 PM
Time to air the dirty laundry:

Email from Patty Viverito:

"you should not be surprised to know I happen to share your sentiment about the unfairness of YSU not being selected. I can’t begin to explain or support the Committee’s decision. They clearly did not value strength of schedule or how teams were playing at the end of the season. Patty"

You got an email from the MVFC commissioner who, appears anyway from the fantastic evidence above, who is not happy that a MVFC team didn't get into the playoffs. No kidding....I am shocked by this.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 07:54 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It's a **** system that doesn't pick the best teams. Period.
League winners should absolutely be in the playoffs. When there's 24 teams in they'll get every team in that has a legit title shot. I said it on Selection Sunday but I'd rather see the league winner from the NEC or Pioneer with no reasonable shot at a title get the last few spots than a 4th/5th/6th place team from the Big Sky/CAA/MVFC with no reasonable shot at a title.

penguinpower
Here the email used to get the response.

"I have a serious question that need to be answered as to why the MVFC got only 3 teams in the tournament and Youngstown State was not taken over Montana.

Montana didn't beat a team over .500 record and finished 6th in their conference behind UC Davis Sac, MSU, Weber, and Idaho. (Davis wasn't invited). In addition, Montana had a blow-out loss the day before the selection. And clearly the committee thought the MVFC was a superior conference when the seeded 2 teams, besides the fact that all of the rating systems say that the MVFC is the best conference.

Youngstown had won 5 of their last 6 games, has the all time leading rusher in the history of college football, and was arguably playing their best football late in the year. The QB change made all the difference for them. They also play in a tougher league and finished 4th

Anyone saying Montana should have been taken over Youngstown is not intellectualy honest.. Youngstown had a better resume Montana'. If Youngstown didn't have Montana's spot they should have had Delaware's spot seeing as they were in general decline losing several game late in the year (which is an excuse that was given when deserving teams were not selected in the past.. The MVFC should have had 4 teams and they should have selected Youngstown. You have a legitimate case based on what they did this year..

I was told in the past that the people making the selection are honorable people and set aside self interests. I've been told that each year we've been left out had some sort of unique circumstances. I called it bullsh** when it happened in the past.

This time I am not accepting an excuse. How much money did Youngstown State University lose in future football revenue due to recruiting and attendance impacts as a result of this unfairness? For me this only gets solved with a law suit.

The NCAA has sanctione a "corrupt" process . So we see how it works, you get you AD on the selection committee and then you can take a less deserving team on put them in over a more deserving team and call it "Diversity". This is a sham. It's total bull****. I feel bad for the kids involved and the university. Please show some leadership and address this with the NCAA. The selection committee is all out of excuses. I've seen 8-3 Youngstown teams get snubbed. This isn't the first time. It's flat out discrimination"

dewey
The committee operates just like the Mafia

Mafia? LOL! You should start a thread with a few of the Furman fans complain about it. I am sure the NCAA people read this forum....LOL!

wow.

BTW....YSU was not 8-3.

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:56 PM
Mafia? LOL! You should start a thread with a few of the Furman fans complain about it. I am sure the NCAA people read this forum....LOL!

wow.

Dewey

I hope they read it. I'm calling them out

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:57 PM
League winners should absolutely be in the playoffs. When there's 24 teams in they'll get every team in that has a legit title shot. I said it on Selection Sunday but I'd rather see the league winner from the NEC or Pioneer with no reasonable shot at a title get the last few spots than a 4th/5th/6th place team from the Big Sky/CAA/MVFC with no reasonable shot at a title.

You have a huge assumption in your post. But the data says more scholarships=more competitive

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 07:59 PM
I hope they read it. I'm calling them out

LOL! Do you honestly think they give a crap what you or anyone on this forum think?

Unless you are a big time donor or a massive sponsor your or my thoughts don't mean anything to them.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 07:59 PM
Here the email used to get the response.

"I have a serious question that need to be answered as to why the MVFC got only 3 teams in the tournament and Youngstown State was not taken over Montana.

Montana didn't beat a team over .500 record and finished 6th in their conference behind UC Davis Sac, MSU, Weber, and Idaho. (Davis wasn't invited). In addition, Montana had a blow-out loss the day before the selection. And clearly the committee thought the MVFC was a superior conference when the seeded 2 teams, besides the fact that all of the rating systems say that the MVFC is the best conference.

Youngstown had won 5 of their last 6 games, has the all time leading rusher in the history of college football, and was arguably playing their best football late in the year. The QB change made all the difference for them. They also play in a tougher league and finished 4th

Anyone saying Montana should have been taken over Youngstown is not intellectualy honest.. Youngstown had a better resume Montana'. If Youngstown didn't have Montana's spot they should have had Delaware's spot seeing as they were in general decline losing several game late in the year (which is an excuse that was given when deserving teams were not selected in the past.. The MVFC should have had 4 teams and they should have selected Youngstown. You have a legitimate case based on what they did this year..

I was told in the past that the people making the selection are honorable people and set aside self interests. I've been told that each year we've been left out had some sort of unique circumstances. I called it bullsh** when it happened in the past.

This time I am not accepting an excuse. How much money did Youngstown State University lose in future football revenue due to recruiting and attendance impacts as a result of this unfairness? For me this only gets solved with a law suit.

The NCAA has sanctione a "corrupt" process . So we see how it works, you get you AD on the selection committee and then you can take a less deserving team on put them in over a more deserving team and call it "Diversity". This is a sham. It's total bull****. I feel bad for the kids involved and the university. Please show some leadership and address this with the NCAA. The selection committee is all out of excuses. I've seen 8-3 Youngstown teams get snubbed. This isn't the first time. It's flat out discrimination"
Dude... don't blow it against Missouri St and YSU would've been in the playoffs easily. You gleefully point out that Montana beat no teams with a winning record when the only team YSU beat with a winning record was Dayton from an uber-weak league you were just ****ting on.

YSU didn't deserve to be in the field any more than Montana did.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:00 PM

100% agree with you Professor!

Dewey

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:01 PM
Dude... don't blow it against Missouri St and YSU would've been in the playoff easily. You gleefully point out that Montana beat no teams with a winning record when the only team YSU beat with a winning record was Dayton from an uber-weak league you were just ****ting on.

YSU lost to Kentucky, NDSU, GFCC and Missouri State but otherwise I completely agree with you.

The Penguins best win is.....Southern Illinois or Dayton.

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:03 PM
YSU lost to Kentucky, NDSU, GFCC and Missouri State but otherwise I completely agree with you.

The Penguins best win is.....Southern Illinois or Dayton.

Dewey

More competitive than Montana.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:03 PM

Competitive against who?

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2022, 08:05 PM
You are such a baby, better luck next year. Try not to lose to bad teams. xpeacex

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:07 PM
You are such a baby, better luck next year. Try not to lose to bad teams. xpeacex

LOL. Right? With a healthy Lucas Johnson the NDSU vs Montana game is complete different.

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:07 PM
Dude... don't blow it against Missouri St and YSU would've been in the playoffs easily. You gleefully point out that Montana beat no teams with a winning record when the only team YSU beat with a winning record was Dayton from an uber-weak league you were just ****ting on.

Consider that YSU Plays:

1.In the best FCS conference top to bottom.
2. Montana AD was "in" on the selection.
3. They were blown out.

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:08 PM
Competitive against who?

Dewey

Second half of the NDSU game when change of QB changed their season

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:09 PM
Live in your mediocrity. I don't accept it

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:10 PM
Consider that YSU Plays:

1.In the best FCS conference top to bottom.
2. Montana AD was "in" on the selection.
3. They were blown out.

Well per Matt Larsen, NDSU AD, once there are discussions involving a team that a committee member represents that person must recuse themselves from the discussion.

Not sure I would call the MVFC the best top to bottom this year. At least it is not as clear cut as before. Good SDSU and NDSU teams but after that...meh.

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:11 PM
Well per Matt Larsen, NDSU AD, once there are discussions involving a team that a committee member represents that person must recuse themselves from the discussion.

Not sure I would call the MVFC the best top to bottom this year. At least it is not as clear cut as before. Good SDSU and NDSU teams but after that...meh.

Dewey

Look at the CAA results. They took too many form that league a s Big Fluffy

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:11 PM
Second half of the NDSU game when change of QB changed their season

LOL! Montana changed their QB because the starter was injured. If Johnson ays the 2nd half that game is much closer.

Dewey

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:12 PM
Look at the CAA results. They took too many form that league a s Big Fluffy

Maybe YSU should have beaten GFCC or a bad Missouri State team and not given the "mafia" committee a chance to leave them out.

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:13 PM
Maybe YSU should have beaten GFCC or a bad Missouri State team and not given the "mafia" committee a chance to leave them out.

Dewey

Just be happy you got an easier win

lucchesicourt
December 3rd, 2022, 08:13 PM
Try not to lose to bad teams like #1, #2, #3, Weber State and Cal. These are the only teams that beat Davis all close games except Cal and Montana State. But never had any losses as large as Montana. And losing to these teams didn't help the Ags with the Selection committee. But, we had our chance to beat one of these teams, and we did not. So, I have no problem in not having my team selected. But, we were more deserving than Montana. That was my argument.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 08:14 PM
Just be happy you got an easier win

Yep. Sure. Have a great night and weekend.

I am done with this "discussion"

Dewey

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 08:15 PM
Davis should have been in. Youngstown and Davis over Montana and Delaware

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2022, 08:18 PM

Dewey99 got called for a penalty on that play. It is maybe as bad a call as that fumble deal in the UND game past weekend.