PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 2: Gardner-Webb @ #5 William & Mary

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Game kicks off at 2PM ET on Saturday 12/3 and will be streamed on ESPN+. Here's how these two teams match up statistically (the number in parenthesis behind the stat value is the corresponding national FCS rank).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52526333482_1a135cd0f3_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of Weber St @ #4 Montana St.

Tribal
November 26th, 2022, 07:59 PM
Thanks, prof. Let’s go, Tribe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 08:40 PM
GW playing good football as of late but I think the Tribe send them home and back to reality.

The Cats
November 26th, 2022, 09:43 PM
William & Mary

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 08:46 AM
....FORT LONDON....ROCKS LIKE 1693.............BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:42 AM
The team stats breakdown has been added to the first post of the thread.

Sitting Bull
November 27th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Interesting on the stats - GW picked up the early momentum against EKU yesterday on kick returns. Based on the stats, W&M ranks in the top 20 on defending kick return yards. That along with our rushing attack gives me some confidence.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2022, 03:48 PM
W&M 42 GW 20

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 05:23 PM
Things that make FUBeAR wonder…

If W&M doesn’t beat Gardner-Webb by more than 37 (31 + 6 for the home field advantage ‘swing’) points, doesn’t that mean The Tribe should actually be the #5 Seed in the SoCon instead of in the FCS Playoffs?

Daytripper
November 27th, 2022, 07:32 PM
Bill and Mary.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2022, 05:57 AM
W&M: 38-12

NY Crusader 2010
November 28th, 2022, 07:09 AM
Tribe wins but G-W will get off to a decent start offensively. Wouldn't surprise me to see Tribe down at halftime before taking care of business second half.

48-31 W&M

OhioHen
November 28th, 2022, 09:32 AM
One CAA team advances to the next round. The Tribe are that team.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 09:48 AM
One CAA team advances to the next round. The Tribe are that team.

probably right, Richmond is good but Sac St is better. Tough early draw for Spiders

WMTribe90
November 28th, 2022, 02:30 PM
I’ve got a good bit of respect for GW after watching them play. Vegas spread is 9.5 its and I think that’s probably about right. This will not be a blowout game.

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 04:10 PM
probably right, Richmond is good but Sac St is better. Tough early draw for Spiders
Why you wanna doubt your SoCon AugmentedArachnids like that?

Spiders wrap up the Hornets…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoIEr5ljQg
…and repack their bags for a quarterfinal battle in Travelers Rest, SC with their former SoCon brethren Paladins. It’ll be like old-home week for Huesman, Udinski, and Herres.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 05:37 PM
Why you wanna doubt your SoCon AugmentedArachnids like that?

Spiders wrap up the Hornets…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoIEr5ljQg
…and repack their bags for a quarterfinal battle in Travelers Rest, SC with their former SoCon brethren Paladins. It’ll be like old-home week for Huesman, Udinski, and Herres.

VMI Micheal Jackson hasn’t really lived up

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 07:38 PM
VMI Micheal Jackson hasn’t really lived up
Hey…it ain’t the SoCon’s fault when you fowl peeps take our chicken salad and turn it into chicken poop. Maybe Chattanooga Russ in Richmond is the only CAA Coach who knows how to utilize exceptional talent.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 08:12 PM
Hey…it ain’t the SoCon’s fault when you fowl peeps take our chicken salad and turn it into chicken poop. Maybe Chattanooga Russ in Richmond is the only CAA Coach who knows how to utilize exceptional talent.

MJ has been targeted multiple times and has yet to haul in a TD

but Chandler Harvin is been great so dare

KPSUL
November 28th, 2022, 09:50 PM
Things that make FUBeAR wonder…

If W&M doesn’t beat Gardner-Webb by more than 37 (31 + 6 for the home field advantage ‘swing’) points, doesn’t that mean The Tribe should actually be the #5 Seed in the SoCon instead of in the FCS Playoffs?

Isn't William and Mary a former SoCon member?

WMTribe90
November 28th, 2022, 11:08 PM
Isn't William and Mary a former SoCon member?

Yes

The Cats
November 29th, 2022, 08:07 AM
I'm not saying Gardner-Webb will win the game, but just remember, few gave them any chances against Eastern Kentucky either.... can they repeat? maybe...

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2022, 09:47 AM
I'm not saying Gardner-Webb will win the game, but just remember, few gave them any chances against Eastern Kentucky either.... can they repeat? maybe...

I gave them a 50/50 shot until I saw the EKU defense then it moved to 80/20 GW.

Sitting Bull
November 29th, 2022, 09:56 AM
I gave them a 50/50 shot until I saw the EKU defense then it moved to 80/20 GW.

EKU blew it on 1st possession 2H when they punted around their own 45yl on 4th and 1. They were moving the ball at will, and an opening TD drive would have given them the momentum they needed. Instead they punt, GW then scored on three straight possessions.

Tribal
November 30th, 2022, 02:36 AM
G-W has the talent to make us pay if we don’t protect the ball and/or commit emotional penalties. Several teams tested Tribe late in games so I hope I’m spared another cardiac incident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting Bull
November 30th, 2022, 09:26 AM
Maybe it’s common with all but nice to see W&M Athletic Dept covering cost of all tickets for students this Saturday.

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2022, 01:08 PM
Maybe it’s common with all but nice to see W&M Athletic Dept covering cost of all tickets for students this Saturday.

I'm not sure about all but I think it is fairly common. I saw SDSU is doing it this week too.

ElCid
November 30th, 2022, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure about all but I think it is fairly common. I saw SDSU is doing it this week too.

I'm fairly sure the students are still paying in the big picture via other means. But it is a little bonus considering the overall cost of college. I never paid a dime to go to a football game in college. Every game free, and mandatory, for the Corps.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2022, 07:09 PM

Sam Houston has done that in the past.

ngineer
November 30th, 2022, 08:06 PM
I don't see G-W being able to stay with W&M. "The Hyphens versus the Ampersands"!!xsmiley_wix

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2022, 05:13 PM
GW is going to meet Mr Yoder tomorrow

Imoh and Lester too

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2022, 06:02 AM
“You have prepared…your entire life for TODAY!” - Tre Lamb, Head Football Coach, Gardner-Webb University

LET’S GO RUNNIN’ BULLDOGS! Take that Mercer Bears (and Furman Paladins) DNA that lives within so many on your Coaching Staff and beat Bill & the Beeyatch senseless with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRXKC7_47s

#DefundTheCommittee

TribeNomad1
December 3rd, 2022, 02:34 PM
At the half, WM-34 GW-0

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 02:34 PM
Looks like GW was this rounds Saint Francis, where some thought they could put up a good fight against a superior opponent. Luckily I did not buy into the hype this time and did not pick them.

Sitting Bull
December 3rd, 2022, 06:37 PM
Tribe looked good. 600ty, 300 run and 300 pass. Defense put the clamps on any potential GW attack.

Great crowd, very engaged. Lots of students.

Wet and gloomy weather but was a great day.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 08:26 PM
Tribe looked good. 600ty, 300 run and 300 pass. Defense put the clamps on any potential GW attack.

To bad you can’t play Montana St at home, going out there to the ice palace is tough deal

ncspiderfan
December 3rd, 2022, 09:00 PM

Congrats to Tribe on a great win and advance day. As a total sidebar, nice win for you guys over Spiders tonight in BB also.

Seems your conference mates have left you guys to carry the torch, so GL, do us proud.

Sitting Bull
December 4th, 2022, 10:04 AM
To bad you can’t play Montana St at home, going out there to the ice palace is tough deal

Would be fun to have another playoff home game though Montana State is a huge opportunity for the program. The cold I think will make a difference. We are 6-0 as a road team.