PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 2: Delaware @ #1 South Dakota State

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Game kicks off at 2PM CT on Saturday 12/3 and will be streamed on ESPN+. Here's how these two teams match up statistically (the number in parenthesis behind the stat value is the corresponding national FCS rank).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52527278375_ed53b2ddbe_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of New Hampshire @ #8 Holy Cross.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2022, 04:26 PM
SDSU w/o too much trouble in this one.

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 04:28 PM
I think the Delaware defense can make the SDSU offense look sluggish following 2 straight bye weeks for the Bunnies. But SDSU defense is too good and prevents the Hens from pulling the upset.

Daytripper
November 26th, 2022, 04:29 PM
The Hens will be lucky to keep this within 3 touchdowns.

Henny
November 26th, 2022, 06:45 PM
UD doesn't even belong in the playoffs and will never keep it within 30 points. xsmiley_wix

Just ask all the UNH and Nova fans.

dewey
November 26th, 2022, 06:53 PM
My hope is Delaware but I think SDSU wins by 2 scores.

Dewey

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2022, 07:26 PM
UD doesn't even belong in the playoffs and will never keep it within 30 points. xsmiley_wix

Just ask all the UNH and Nova fans.

IMO, as a UNH fan, UD wasn't even the last team in. FBS win and 7 DI wins? Fair resume. Was just stunned the committee let a team in that finished 1-3.

I think folks are nuts if they think UD is going to get their doors blown off, IMO. They beat Navy by 7, lost to Richmond by 2 [give me a break with the 6 points on the final play], lost at 5 seed W&M by 6 and lost to a pissed off Elon on homecoming. They haven't allowed 30 points this season.

Much like Montana, whether or not they belong in the field, they certainly are not the least talented or capable team left.

I expect SDSU to win but UD is likely more talented than either Holy Cross or UNH.

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2022, 09:13 PM
I think what Delaware will find too much to overcome is the sheer size difference in the trenches. Nova got SDSU at home last season. I sat on their side of the field as I do most Nova games. SDSU was so much bigger than Nova & we hung around for a half and were worn down physically in the middle of the 3rd quarter. SDSU ran the ball down our throats with a talented backup RB winning 35-21.

Henderson certainly could make it entertaining for awhile, but in the end the Dirty Filthy Birds will be manhandled physically in the trenches and lose by 3 Tds.

No one rooting for the visitors from the postage stamp state will see this as an objective report since it comes from a fan of the team that beats them like a rented mule each season, but it is.

38-17 SDSU xpeacex

The Cats
November 26th, 2022, 09:41 PM
South Dakota State

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 02:45 AM
Blah, blah, blah…UD…lost to…Elon. Blah, blah, blah.
SDSU; easy win.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2022, 07:12 AM
I think what Delaware will find too much to overcome is the sheer size difference in the trenches. Nova got SDSU at home last season. I sat on their side of the field as I do most Nova games. SDSU was so much bigger than Nova & we hung around for a half and were worn down physically in the middle of the 3rd quarter. SDSU ran the ball down our throats with a talented backup RB winning 35-21.

Henderson certainly could make it entertaining for awhile, but in the end the Dirty Filthy Birds will be manhandled physically in the trenches and lose by 3 Tds.

No one rooting for the visitors from the postage stamp state will see this as an objective report since it comes from a fan of the team that beats them like a rented mule each season, but it is.

38-17 SDSU xpeacex

Actually, I think you got just about right!

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2022, 07:28 AM
Would of been fun to play Holy Cross, Southeastern Louisiana or Incarnate Word ... anyone new

Delaware has already been out to South Dakota St for a playoff game, got beat 31-3 in Semifinals spring 2021

No reason to visit again... cold and wind give me the creeps

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2022, 07:44 AM
Would of been fun to play Holy Cross, Southeastern Louisiana or Incarnate Word ... anyone new

Delaware has already been out to South Dakota St for a playoff game, got beat 31-3 in Semifinals spring 2021

"God's country" up here.....xthumbsupx

Henny
November 27th, 2022, 08:48 AM

38-17 SDSU xpeacex

Nobody gives a rats azz about Nova's team deficiencies last year. That said, UD will need to play a clean game to keep this close. My guess is Henderson get his share of yards with his feet and keep Delaware in this one.

JacksFan40
November 27th, 2022, 09:08 AM

High of 37 next Saturday, wind doesn’t look terrible either. Should be a great late fall football game.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:41 AM
The team stats breakdown has been added to the first post of the thread.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2022, 09:52 AM
"God's country" up here.....xthumbsupx

As long as you own a jacket and I don’t

Once it goes below 50° forget about it

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Nolan Henderson will need to be the best player on the field for Delaware to have a chance in this one I think - I don't think they're going to be able to run the ball with any regularity on the SDSU defense. Their defense can be passed against but they're very opportunistic so they can erase yards allowed in a hurry with turnovers if the opposing QB gives them the opportunity.

It'll be interesting to see how the SDSU offense does against Delaware's defense. Their offense has been rolling since All-American TE Tucker Kraft returned from injury but they haven't played an elite defense since then like the one they'll see on Saturday.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Nolan Henderson will need to be the best player on the field for Delaware to have a chance in this one I think - I don't think they're going to be able to run the ball with any regularity on the SDSU defense. Their defense can be passed against but they're very opportunistic so they can erase yards allowed in a hurry with turnovers if the opposing QB gives them the opportunity.

It'll be interesting to see how the SDSU offense does against Delaware's defense. Their offense has been rolling since All-American TE Tucker Kraft returned from injury but they haven't played an elite defense since then like the one they'll see on Saturday.

somebody just posted this on Gohens....similar comment about the Delaware D

Caribbean Hen (http://www.gohens.net/boards/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47) wrote: ↑ (http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=418210#p418210)Hens put up 56 and cruise Into the second round on a hot handed Henderson warming the hands of transfer wide receiver Chandler Harvin for three touchdown passes. Say what you want about the South Dakota State game but I don’t think South Dakota State has seen too many defenses like this in the Valley conference this year. The obvious exception is North Dakota State. So let’s go out to the frozen tundra and make the Rabbits as uncomfortable as possible with physical play.

FCS playoffs are greater than soccer !!!!

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;3097873]somebody just posted this on Gohens....similar comment about the Delaware D

Caribbean Hen (http://www.gohens.net/boards/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47) wrote: ↑ (http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=418210#p418210)Hens put up 56 and cruise Into the second round on a hot handed Henderson warming the hands of transfer wide receiver Chandler Harvin for three touchdown passes. Say what you want about the South Dakota State game but I don’t think South Dakota State has seen too many defenses like this in the Valley conference this year. The obvious exception is North Dakota State. So let’s go out to the frozen tundra and make the Rabbits as uncomfortable as possible with physical play.

...TALK LIKE DIS....MAKES ME WANNAH....HIT SOMEBODY......32693.......xhypedx................. BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 10:53 AM

........MAYBE...ONE O' DEESE DAYS.....ONE UH CARTY'S....TRICK PLAYS WILL WORK!...xsighx...AWK!

KPSUL
November 27th, 2022, 10:59 AM
I'm going to be a ginormous Delaware fan next weekend! Go Blue Hens!! xnodxxbowxxsalutex 32697

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 11:11 AM
I'm going to be a ginormous Delaware fan next weekend! Go Blue Hens!! xnodxxbowxxsalutex 32697

BACK ATTCHA'..........xhighfivexxhugxxhandshakexxhugxxh ighfivex...........DOODLE-DOO!

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 11:12 AM
somebody just posted this on Gohens....similar comment about the Delaware D

FCS playoffs are greater than soccer !!!!
Illinois St has a solid defense and the Jacks put up 431 yards and 31 points on them in their regular season finale but Illinois St was playing with a backup QB and a completely hapless offense against a stellar SDSU defense so the ISUr defense got kind of worn down I think. Delaware's offense has to avoid that - if they can't stay on the field their defense will get worn down by the SDSU run game and o-line eventually as well.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Illinois St has a solid defense and the Jacks put up 431 yards and 31 points on them in their regular season finale but Illinois St was playing with a backup QB and a completely hapless offense against a stellar SDSU defense so the ISUr defense got kind of worn down I think. Delaware's offense has to avoid that - if they can't stay on the field their defense will get worn down by the SDSU run game and o-line eventually as well.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Delaware has a punchers chance at beating SDSU, supposed to be in the 20's in Brookings next weekend so that is pretty balmy for this time of year. This game might be 13-3 or something.

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Assuming I'm on drugs and both UD and UNH win this weekend, who hosts!?

dewey
November 27th, 2022, 11:29 AM

I believe it would come down to the bid.

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 11:38 AM

ALWAYS ASSUMED DAT....BAH YER POSTS.........BUT TA ANSWER....IFIN' DAT HAPPENS........DERE WILL BE PECKERHEADS....HANGIN' FROM DUH NEW SCOREBOARD FRAME........RAWAK..PUTS DUH BID ON HER AMEX CARD.....ASSUMIN' IT'S UH BID PROCEDURE........O' MAYBE YOUSE GET IT FO' BEIN' MO' BETTER........xdontknowx......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2022, 11:45 AM
Delaware has a punchers chance at beating SDSU, supposed to be in the 20's in Brookings next weekend so that is pretty balmy for this time of year. This game might be 13-3 or something.

.....3's.....DON'T COME EZ......FO' HENS.....xsmhx......BRAWK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Jacks 35-9

HensRock
November 27th, 2022, 01:12 PM
I think even more than playing a near-perfect game, Carty will need to coach a near-perfect game - and that will NOT happen.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Nobody gives a rats azz about Nova's team deficiencies last year. That said, UD will need to play a clean game to keep this close. My guess is Henderson get his share of yards with his feet and keep Delaware in this one.

Yeah you’re right Uncle Henny that Nova defense was deficient. It was one of the top ranked in the FCS last season with an NFL starter (Christian Benford Bills CB), NFL LB (Forrest Rhyne - Colts PS), & an XFL DE (Malik Fisher).

You’ll see if you can see through those blue glasses you wear all the time. You lost to a lousy Nova team, beat up a glorifed HS team last week, but you’re going to beat the #1 seed on their home turf 2000 miles away from home.

Laughable.xpeacex

Henny
November 27th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Yeah you’re right Uncle Henny that Nova defense was deficient. It was one of the top ranked in the FCS last season with an NFL starter (Christian Benford Bills CB), NFL LB (Forrest Rhyne - Colts PS), & an XFL DE (Malik Fisher).

You’ll see if you can see through those blue glasses you wear all the time. You lost to a lousy Nova team, beat up a glorifed HS team last week, but you’re going to beat the #1 seed on their home turf 2000 miles away from home.

Laughable.xpeacex

The game this week is Delaware V South Dakota State. Second round playoff game. Again, no one cares about Villanova. You disparaged St Francis who qualified for the playoff by winning their conference. Unfortunately for them they got destroyed yesterday.

My only point was with a health Henderson, he can do some damage with his feet, make plays and extend drives. We'll need all of that to keep this game close. I never predicted a win in Brookings.

Go start a new thread if you want to talk about Nova. I also recommend some professional help so you can deal with your insecurities.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2022, 02:28 PM
SDSU's rushing defense is 18ypg better than the #2 team (and 34ypg better than the next best team that's not an Ivy or HBCU). They shut down the run and make Delaware one-dimensional throwing the ball. SDSU does give up some yards through the air, but are very opportunistic and have at least 1 interception in every game this season. Delaware's defense is good enough to keep this from getting out of hand, but I don't think the Jacks ever really feel threatened. I predicted 27-10 in PWO's bracket challenge and I'll stick with that score here.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2022, 02:37 PM
The game this week is Delaware V South Dakota State. Second round playoff game. Again, no one cares about Villanova. You disparaged St Francis who qualified for the playoff by winning their conference. Unfortunately for them they got destroyed yesterday.

My only point was with a health Henderson, he can do some damage with his feet, make plays and extend drives. We'll need all of that to keep this game close. I never predicted a win in Brookings.

Go start a new thread if you want to talk about Nova. I also recommend some professional help so you can deal with your insecurities.

My prediction after watching my share of CAA football and your squad remains 38-17. Your squad played its best football in September & October not now.

Henderson gets you 17 if he’s able to stay in the game. Punchers chance I guess to do more or win.

The rest of your diatribe towards me is gibberish & typical of you & your Gohens crew. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2022, 02:57 PM
SDSU's rushing defense is 18ypg better than the #2 team (and 34ypg better than the next best team that's not an Ivy or HBCU). They shut down the run and make Delaware one-dimensional throwing the ball. SDSU does give up some yards through the air, but are very opportunistic and have at least 1 interception in every game this season. Delaware's defense is good enough to keep this from getting out of hand, but I don't think the Jacks ever really feel threatened. I predicted 27-10 in PWO's bracket challenge and I'll stick with that score here.

Their strength is Henderson & their wideouts. Decent TE play. OLine has its question marks & thus their running game isnt that strong. Henderson is a shifty guy who has been prone to injury over his career. He stays healthy he’ll make some crazy plays, but in the end I think the lack of a strong running game & a suspect offensive line will take its toll.

They also have some special teams issues. Another part of the game that may give them some angst. Defensively they have a good back 7. LBs are physical & they have some athletes in the defensive backfield that will get a long look at the next level. I think if this is a typical SDSU offensive line it will be a tall task for the boys from the 302 to stop the run game for 4 quarters.

xpeacex

JacksFan40
November 27th, 2022, 03:15 PM
Delaware is a very solid team, if our guys don’t take this game seriously, we’ll be in trouble.

I expect Delaware to come out swinging and make it a competitive game for the first half, but I think our running game will wear their defense down over the course of the game, and Mark Gronowski will make the throws he needs to make. The size difference upfront will start to show as the game goes on. Defense will give up a few points, but they’ll do enough to keep Delaware mostly in check. Hopefully we can get Tucker Kraft more involved in the offense, as well as Landon Wolf.

Score prediction is SDSU 35 Delaware 17

SteelSD
November 27th, 2022, 11:14 PM
My question is to the Delaware fans. The last time these two teams played the SDSU defensive line absolutely manhandled the Delaware O-line to the tune of 7 sacks and had Henderson running for his life all game. How does the 2022 version of the Delaware O-line compare to the 20-21 version?

OhioHen
November 28th, 2022, 09:31 AM
No contest. Jacks in a runaway.

jacksfan29!
November 28th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Scoring won't be that high, 28 - 7. SDSU is going to want to run, a lot and wear Delaware down. The goal will be to get to the next round.

GannonFan
November 28th, 2022, 11:30 AM
My question is to the Delaware fans. The last time these two teams played the SDSU defensive line absolutely manhandled the Delaware O-line to the tune of 7 sacks and had Henderson running for his life all game. How does the 2022 version of the Delaware O-line compare to the 20-21 version? Maybe older. The UD OL is the weak part of the team, no doubt, and will be a source of attention for rebuilding for several recruiting cycles to come. UD does have more weapons than before and Henderson is also more experienced than before. And the coach is different, so we have a different philosophy on how to deal with the weakness on the OL. Plus we're playing with house money right now, so who knows what you'll see this Saturday.

bluehenbillk
November 28th, 2022, 01:43 PM
My question is to the Delaware fans. The last time these two teams played the SDSU defensive line absolutely manhandled the Delaware O-line to the tune of 7 sacks and had Henderson running for his life all game. How does the 2022 version of the Delaware O-line compare to the 20-21 version?

Fairly similar. Henderson has an injured non-throwing shoulder he's dealt with the past few weeks, but he can still scramble & run (when he does) with the best of them. But to answer your question directly the Hens OL is no better now than it was than the spring '21 version that you saw. Inconsistent run game blocking & suspect pass blocking too - looks better because Henderson escapes at least 2 sacks or more per game.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Maybe older. The UD OL is the weak part of the team, no doubt, and will be a source of attention for rebuilding for several recruiting cycles to come. UD does have more weapons than before and Henderson is also more experienced than before. And the coach is different, so we have a different philosophy on how to deal with the weakness on the OL. Plus we're playing with house money right now, so who knows what you'll see this Saturday.

house money is correct, like playing in the afterlife because everyone thought Delaware was dead after the Nova game but the Hens were resurrected by the committee. All the pressure is on South Dakota State and we all know a chicken with its head cut off can still run pretty fast

Tremendous opportunity for Delaware to make some noise

flip side would be Delaware hasn’t really looked good against good teams this year

GoBlueHens83
November 28th, 2022, 02:07 PM
South Dakota State wins.

But in 2007 Delaware wasn't supposed to beat #1 Northern Iowa or #4 Southern Illinois, but they did.

Any given Saturday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2022, 03:01 PM
.....JACKS WHIFF 2 WEEKS UH VAYCAY......WILL TAKE UH COUPLE SERIES.........TA SHAKE RUST......HENS NEED TA STRIKE QUICK....BRAWK!

POD Knows
November 28th, 2022, 03:27 PM
.....JACKS WHIFF 2 WEEKS UH VAYCAY......WILL TAKE UH COUPLE SERIES.........TA SHAKE RUST......HENS NEED TA STRIKE QUICK....BRAWK!Three weeks, they didn't have a game at the end of the season, I don't think they have played since the 12th.

Chalupa Batman
November 28th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Three weeks, they didn't have a game at the end of the season, I don't think they have played since the 12th.

I assume he meant 2 bye weeks instead of just 1.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 03:33 PM

I’m watching that game and I can see Illinois State has talent on Defense... 13-7 at half

Jacks look solid but not spectacular but I know the second half will tell a different story...

Delaware can’t let Gronkowski run ball in near goal line

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2022, 03:34 PM
I assume he meant 2 bye weeks instead of just 1.

.....xnodx.......BRAWK!

................3rd WEEK IS GAME WEEK...xsighx...AWK!

NY Crusader 2010
November 28th, 2022, 03:34 PM
SDSU 34 Delaware 20

Hens hang tough into the fourth quarter. Jacks put the hay in the barn with a long TD run with about 7:00 to go in the game.

Terry2889
November 29th, 2022, 07:31 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this game will be a lot closer than people are forecasting? Delaware had one really bad game against Elon. But other than that they lost a game to a very good Richmond team that they should've won, lost a tough one on the road by one score to the CAA champs, and got beat by an underachieving (but extremely talented) Villanova team in a bitter rivalry game. In watching SDSU's games that are available, I see a ground it out/ possession type team that plays sound fundamental football and doesn't make a ton of mistakes, not a balls to the wall blow your doors off with an overwhelming offense. Also, having a week off isn't always the best thing for a team that is hot going into the playoffs. Delaware got a chance to correct some things against an inferior opponent while SDSU most likely had a lighter week of practice. Either way, I think this could be the most interesting matchup in the second round outside of the MSU-Weber game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2022, 07:33 AM
Unless Delaware can match the physical play on both lines, they will get run over IMO.

IMO, this is a 3 score win for the Jacks unless they turn the ball over multiple times.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2022, 08:25 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this game will be a lot closer than people are forecasting? Delaware had one really bad game against Elon. But other than that they lost a game to a very good Richmond team that they should've won, lost a tough one on the road by one score to the CAA champs, and got beat by an underachieving (but extremely talented) Villanova team in a bitter rivalry game. In watching SDSU's games that are available, I see a ground it out/ possession type team that plays sound fundamental football and doesn't make a ton of mistakes, not a balls to the wall blow your doors off with an overwhelming offense. Also, having a week off isn't always the best thing for a team that is hot going into the playoffs. Delaware got a chance to correct some things against an inferior opponent while SDSU most likely had a lighter week of practice. Either way, I think this could be the most interesting matchup in the second round outside of the MSU-Weber game.

saw this on gohens

Caribbean Hen (http://www.gohens.net/boards/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47)Re: South Dakota St Stats (http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29094&sid=d8f0ad58b20cdf2411f2a9af66624c38#p418456)

Quote (http://www.gohens.net/boards/posting.php?mode=quote&f=15&p=418456)
Post (http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=418456#p418456) Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:38 am
By game time, It will be 3 weeks since our opponent played a football game ... getting healthy but also getting rusty

Jump on em early and let them know we came to play, it’s a free game for us and pressure is on them

The South Dakota St Defense will put big pressure on Henderson all day, somehow don’t let it become like frenzied sharks with blood in the water scenario. That D is talented and physical and they know how to pressure the QB .... this is where the game could get out of hand.

QB Gronkowski likes to run it inside the 10 for TDs so be ready for that and put physical on him because that Nova QB wasn’t touched on his TD runs. Beat Gronkowski up

I think our Defense will play well but will have to find a way to get off the field on third down. As always, The Rabbits have another All American big TE Tucker Kraft, who missed a lot of time with injury but healthy now. Delaware has seen RB Davis and the Janke WR twins before, their good but not superstars in my seen one game this year eyes. http://www.gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif ... Deep Balls will be coming at our DBs

Overall the offense is very solid and good but don’t appear great, they obviously do enough to win but this team wins on Defense.

Terry2889
November 29th, 2022, 08:32 AM
Unless Delaware can match the physical play on both lines, they will get run over IMO.

IMO, this is a 3 score win for the Jacks unless they turn the ball over multiple times.

I don't see UD getting physically overwhelmed, but I definately see them getting outschemed (A lot over the past several years). I think their Oline is a point of concern for them which doesn't bode well. They are talented though.

Sitting Bull
November 29th, 2022, 08:44 AM
SDSU 42, Hens 21

Tough place to win

Terry2889
November 29th, 2022, 08:59 AM
I will say this though, once SDSU gets though this week they have a fairly easy path to the semis. UNH and HC do not match up well at all against SDSU. The committee definitely got SDSU's bracket right. I would not be happy if I was Sacramento State however. To be a #2 Seed and have to draw Richmond and most likely Furman (Sorry UIW) is tough.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2022, 09:28 AM
I will say this though, once SDSU gets though this week they have a fairly easy path to the semis. UNH and HC do not match up well at all against SDSU. The committee definitely got SDSU's bracket right. I would not be happy if I was Sacramento State however. To be a #2 Seed and have to draw Richmond and most likely Furman (Sorry UIW) is tough.

As a Delaware fan, would much rather be playing Sacramento State, Furman, Southeastern Louisiana, Incarnate Word ..... Already played a playoff game in Brookings and once was enough

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 09:45 AM
As a Delaware fan, would much rather be playing Sacramento State, Furman, Southeastern Louisiana, Incarnate Word ..... Already played a playoff game in Brookings and once was enough
Didn’t e*Loan beat your YardBirds by 20?

Guessing you would much rather get beat by about 50 in South Carolina than how many ever it’s gonna be in South Dakota.

Makes sense. Weather is way nicer and downtown Greenville is BIG fun!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Didn’t e*Loan beat your YardBirds by 20?

Guessing you would much rather get beat by about 50 in South Carolina than how many ever it’s gonna be in South Dakota.

Makes sense. Weather is way nicer and downtown Greenville is BIG fun!

Elon got manhandled .. I saw it right from the beginning but that Jekyl and Hyde team is hard to figure out. One thing for sure is the are not good on the road, but did shock William into getting married in the suburbs of Jamestown. A complete disaster unfolded in the second half.

Translation: We find out the truth about the CAA this Saturday, unfortunately 2 CAA teams are up against the wall

Terry2889
November 29th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Elon got manhandled .. I saw it right from the beginning but that Jekyl and Hyde team is hard to figure out. One thing for sure is the are not good on the road, but did shock William into getting married in the suburbs of Jamestown. A complete disaster unfolded in the second half.

Translation: We find out the truth about the CAA this Saturday, unfortunately 2 CAA teams are up against the wall

Definitely been a down year for the league, I'm not sold on William and Mary either.

crusader11
November 29th, 2022, 11:01 AM
I think Richmond is going to give Sac St all they can handle and Delaware will push SDSU into the 4th quarter. Just as it wouldn’t surprise me if Richmond beat Sac St, I wouldn’t be shocked if GW beat WM. That’s a solid club.

HC v. UNH is a coin-flip, IMO. Perhaps a slight edge to HC if the UNH defense is as banged up and depleted as message board posts are leading me to believe.

In a tight game though, give me Chesney over Santos.

ngineer
November 29th, 2022, 09:55 PM
I think the Blue Hens will be respectable, but cannot see them winning this unless the SDSU implodes with turnovers.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2022, 07:07 AM

........WILL DINKEL......BE ALLOWED....HIS OL' LOCKER....xdontknowx....HOPE CARTY....DIDN'T INCLUDE DUH VILLANOVA TAPE....FO' BINGE WATCHIN'...........(BLKD PUNTS)......xsmhx........BRAWK!

Winterborn
November 30th, 2022, 03:32 PM

Which they have done in the past during a playoff run. Didn't they have 10 during the JMU game in '17?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Which they have done in the past during a playoff run. Didn't they have 10 during the JMU game in '17?

Ya, they had a ton in that game.

SDSU will roll in this game IMO.

Winterborn
December 1st, 2022, 07:38 AM
Ya, they had a ton in that game.

SDSU will roll in this game IMO.

I think they will win (probably by a couple of scores), but Stig will be Stig. :D

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2022, 06:42 PM
Not many South Dakota fans on this thread... have they all defected to Fargo?

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2022, 06:55 PM

I checked that game out and indeed, Illinois State has a very physical and active Defense

Also checked out S Dak St at N Iowa, I liked how N Iowa was able to throw on them

That very active DL for the JackRabbits is the only thing stopping me from thinking Delaware will win this game

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2022, 07:57 PM
I checked that game out and indeed, Illinois State has a very physical and active Defense

Also checked out S Dak St at N Iowa, I liked how N Iowa was able to throw on them

That very active DL for the JackRabbits is the only thing stopping me from thinking Delaware will win this game
#99 Caleb Sanders is a game wrecker... check out their game against Iowa if you want to see how not to block him. :)

Bock at LB gets the big tackle numbers and corresponding accolades but it's Sanders that keeps him clean by eating up o-lineman and is the main reason that defense is the dominant unit that it is.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2022, 08:15 PM
#99 Caleb Sanders is a game wrecker... check out their game against Iowa if you want to see how not to block him. :)

Bock at LB gets the big tackle numbers and corresponding accolades but it's Sanders that keeps him clean by eating up o-lineman and is the main reason that defense is the dominant unit that it is.

Double teamed ve N Iowa

didn't see his number at Illinois St but only watched one series

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2022, 08:56 PM
Yes we turned it over 10 times during the 2017 semifinals against JMU and lost 51-16. That was the biggest blunder of Stig’s career, especially since that team should’ve won the national championship.

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2022, 08:58 PM
South Dakota fans don’t exist, as for South Dakota State fans there’s not many on this board to begin with.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2022, 08:59 PM
Are any Hen fans making the trip to Brookings?!?! I'm interested to hear/read what some East Coasters think about Brookings, SDSU and the stadium/environment. When I move to Manhattan next summer I plan on making the trip up to USD and SDSU at some point....

I believe this will be a pretty low scoring game with SDSU controlling the play for the most part.
SDSU 27-13...

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2022, 09:03 PM
Are any Hen fans making the trip to Brookings?!?! I'm interested to hear/read what some East Coasters think about Brookings, SDSU and the stadium/environment. When I move to Manhattan next summer I plan on making the trip up to USD and SDSU at some point....

I believe this will be a pretty low scoring game with SDSU controlling the play for the most part.
SDSU 27-13...
You won’t be getting much of an experience this time of year, stadium won’t get to half capacity in the playoffs. Next year should have some great atmospheres with home games against Montana State, UND, UNI, and NDSU.

Chalupa Batman
December 1st, 2022, 09:04 PM
Yes we turned it over 10 times during the 2017 semifinals against JMU and lost 51-16. That was the biggest blunder of Stig’s career, especially since that team should’ve won the national championship.

JMU & NDSU were the 2 best teams that year with SDSU in 3rd not far behind. The Jacks COULD'VE won the natty that year but should've is an overstatement.

As for this game, SDSU's defensive line is as deep and talented as any Bison group I can remember. They run 8-9 deep with very little talent drop off. What's impressed me the most is the way they can chase running QB's around without giving up wide open running lanes.

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2022, 09:06 PM
JMU & NDSU were the 2 best teams that year with SDSU in 3rd not far behind. The Jacks COULD'VE won the natty that year but should've is an overstatement.

As for this game, SDSU's defensive line is as deep and talented as any Bison group I can remember. They run 8-9 deep with very little talent drop off. What's impressed me the most is the way they can chase running QB's around without giving up wide open running lanes.
That SDSU team when playing at their best was able to dismantle NDSU in Brookings, the offense should’ve been borderline unstoppable with the best QB, WR, and TE in school history all out there together, plus a solid RB room. Maybe I shouldn’t say they should’ve won the title, but they definitely shouldn’t have gotten blown out by JMU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2022, 09:20 PM
You won’t be getting much of an experience this time of year, stadium won’t get to half capacity in the playoffs. Next year should have some great atmospheres with home games against Montana State, UND, UNI, and NDSU.

Bit of a shame given Delaware's historical pedigree as a program combined with the Jackrabbits #1 ranking. I anticipated the SDSU fans would be eager to start this potential championship run.

As it is, SDSU needs to protect the ball and avoid giving UD short fields. Their offense looked good against SFU which surprised me since it has struggled during the course of the season.

deez_na
December 1st, 2022, 09:22 PM
SDSU rolls 27-10. Won’t run the ball on them at all which will make Delaware one dimensional and depending on weather, they won’t see jacks side of field too often.

Chalupa Batman
December 1st, 2022, 10:32 PM
That SDSU team when playing at their best was able to dismantle NDSU in Brookings, the offense should’ve been borderline unstoppable with the best QB, WR, and TE in school history all out there together, plus a solid RB room. Maybe I shouldn’t say they should’ve won the title, but they definitely shouldn’t have gotten blown out by JMU.

Yep they shouldn't have gotten blown out by JMU like they did, and had the talent to beat anybody as they shown when they beat NDSU. They just didn't have the consistency the other two teams did.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2022, 07:00 AM
Bit of a shame given Delaware's historical pedigree as a program combined with the Jackrabbits #1 ranking. I anticipated the SDSU fans would be eager to start this potential championship run.

As it is, SDSU needs to protect the ball and avoid giving UD short fields. Their offense looked good against SFU which surprised me since it has struggled during the course of the season.

The offense has struggled in the RZ but it’s much better than last years offense

mmiller_34
December 2nd, 2022, 07:49 PM

I did.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2022, 08:15 PM
I did.
Unfortunately, very few of your former ilk have your clairvoyance, humility, and pragmatism.

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 02:26 PM
Jacks gift Delaware 3 on the muffed punt but runs it down the Blue Hens throat to answer with a 70 yard TD drive.

Nolan Henderson not coming back on the field for the Delaware's 3rd drive after going down with an injury after the previous one.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 02:27 PM
I did.
Hence why NDSU is on the decline.

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 02:36 PM
7-3 Rabbits after 1.

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 02:36 PM
No Henderson, trying to run on #1 run defense. Not a game winning method.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 02:43 PM
Isaiah Davis is just tossing around Delaware defenders right now. 2nd TD run of the day.

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 02:44 PM
Jacks use about 5 plays on ground to march 65 yards to go up 14-3.

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 02:51 PM
Delaware brings in their 3rd string QB and he dropped several dimes in the drive, but it ended with no points after a missed 40 yard field goal.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 02:59 PM
Jacks just dominating the line of scrimmage on offense right now, love to see it especially since all five of those O-Lineman are coming back next year, hopefully get Heins to come back as well.

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 03:00 PM
Jackrabbit O-line and backs are just dominating this game. 3 drives. 3 rushing TDs.

21-3 SDSU.

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 03:02 PM
Jacks 605 Hogs obliterating Hens D line. 21-3 Jacks up with 4 min to half.

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2022, 03:23 PM
The hogs up front for the Jack Rabbits are just too much for Delaware to handle. Not a surprise if you watched these teams. xpeacex

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 03:24 PM
Del hits fg to close half. 21-6 @ half. Jacks to get kickoff to start second half

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 03:56 PM
SDSU scores on their first drive of the 2nd half. 28-6.

Kemo
December 3rd, 2022, 04:05 PM
35-6 Jackrabbits after a bad snap on the punt by Delaware that was recovered in the end zone for a TD.

SoDakSA
December 3rd, 2022, 04:06 PM
Wonder if there will be rust for SDSU after the 3rd straight bye week

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 04:25 PM
Jaxon Janke gets a toe down after snaring a 9 ft high bullet pass to push Jacks to 42-6 lead at14:05 left in 4th.

Hope Stig starts using backups from here out. Yep. Heide in at qb.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 04:53 PM
Stupid play by Tucker Large and now the Delaware QB is being put on a stretcher. Anyone with a brain could see he was going for the slide.

SoDakSA
December 3rd, 2022, 04:56 PM
Stupid play by Tucker Large and now the Delaware QB is being put on a stretcher. Anyone with a brain could see he was going for the slide.

Agreed. Just no reason for it. Game is out of hand, just play it out. Hate to see one dumb play ruin what was a good showing.

Heres hoping we get to see the kid back under center next year for the Hens, he can really sling it.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 04:57 PM

A Jacks defender makes a dirty play? Say it aint so.

Hammersmith
December 3rd, 2022, 04:59 PM
Refs and coaches decide to end the game with 1:04 left on the clock. Terrible, terrible way to have to end a game. Hope the Delaware QB is just shook up and not seriously hurt.

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2022, 05:03 PM
Game called with 1:05 left after serious injury to 3rd string Hens.QB. best wishes for a quick recovery to Del QB O'Conner.

Final 42-6.

HensRock
December 3rd, 2022, 05:06 PM
Even in slow motion, you can see how hard his head bounced off the turf. It's tough for a defender to hold up when the slide happens that quickly, but I thought they might look at that for targeting.

Anyway, I thought the Jacks would make us look like like we made St. Francis look last week - and they did.
Congrats SDSU and good luck going forward.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM
Even in slow motion, you can see how hard his head bounced off the turf. It's tough for a defender to hold up when the slide happens that quickly, but I thought they might look at that for targeting.

Anyway, I thought the Jacks would make us look like like we made St. Francis look last week - and they did.
Congrats SDSU and good luck going forward.
I think it was still a dumb hit, but the way his head bounced off the turf is definitely the issue. Bounced like a basketball.

F'N Hawks
December 3rd, 2022, 06:26 PM
Agreed. Just no reason for it. Game is out of hand, just play it out. Hate to see one dumb play ruin what was a good showing.

Heres hoping we get to see the kid back under center next year for the Hens, he can really sling it.

But Zimmer says it was clean and even reached out to a neutral coach to get justification.
Local media are weird in the Valley.

SDFS
December 3rd, 2022, 07:49 PM
But Zimmer says it was clean and even reached out to a neutral coach to get justification.
Local media are weird in the Valley.

What??? another QB trying to slide, where have we seen this before. Let me think about this .. hmmmm.

MSUBobcat
December 4th, 2022, 12:14 PM
God damn you, Delaware!! How do you not keep within 18 points?! I thought you had a defense. Cost me almost $950 with that "performance".

Also had a ticket with SDSU covering, but picked Furman to win, so those ****bags cost me $230. 😂

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2022, 12:32 PM
God damn you, Delaware!! How do you not keep within 18 points?! I thought you had a defense. Cost me almost $950 with that "performance".

Also had a ticket with SDSU covering, but picked Furman to win, so those ****bags cost me $230. 

......IFIN' YOUSE PUT DUH $1,180.00.......IN UH EVERAH-DAY SVNGS. ACCT.......YOU'D BE 1,180.03.....TA DUH GOOD...........NOW......AWK!

MSUBobcat
December 4th, 2022, 02:01 PM
......IFIN' YOUSE PUT DUH $1,180.00.......IN UH EVERAH-DAY SVNGS. ACCT.......YOU'D BE 1,180.03.....TA DUH GOOD...........NOW......AWK!

Lol. You have to win the bet to have the money to put in savings (money market pays better, up to 3.39% last I checked the account). These were $5 parlays on all or most of the playoff games, depending on the ticket.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2022, 03:11 PM

Also had a ticket with SDSU covering, but picked Furman to win, so those ****bags cost me $230. 

Wait til next November. Take Nova to win. You’ll get your $$$ back with about a 97% certainty! xpeacex

Terry2889
December 5th, 2022, 07:21 AM

Well then xlolx

Terry2889
December 5th, 2022, 07:22 AM
Wait til next November. Take Nova to win. You’ll get your $$$ back with about a 97% certainty! xpeacex

Are you crying? There's no crying! There's no crying in degenerate gambling!

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 08:07 AM

Stop betting you’re the houses best friend

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 09:11 AM
That was a pretty bad and cheap shot on that QB at the end of the game. Any reports on his condition?

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2022, 09:14 AM
That was a pretty bad and cheap shot on that QB at the end of the game. Any reports on his condition?https://twitter.com/delaware_fb/status/1599471952665595904

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Stop betting you’re the houses best friend

NEVER!!!! I do a handful or 2 of small $ parlays that pay well. Earlier this year I hit 3 parlays ($13 out of the $20 I bet that week) for $1100. I had $30 on Saturday's games, that were THAT close. Last minute, I put $20 on Sunday's games, hit for $105 and have another $113 if Tampa wins by 4 or more tonight. $20-40/week isn't much and keeps me more interested in games I normally wouldn't be. And I'm up probably $1k on the year.