PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 2: Furman @ #7 Incarnate Word

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Game kicks off at 1PM CT on Saturday 12/3 and will be streamed on ESPN+. I'll post a stats comparison tomorrow when the NCAA stats site updates with today's games. Here's how these two teams match up statistically (the number in parenthesis behind the stat value is the corresponding national FCS rank).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52527350948_0d1e92bd97_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of Richmond @ #2 Sacramento St.

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Furman wins by 2+ scores.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2022, 02:48 PM
IMO, Incarnate Word passes all over Furman and rolls them.

deez_na
November 26th, 2022, 02:49 PM
IW rolls over Furman and shuts up the top seeded deserving garbage.

katss07
November 26th, 2022, 02:55 PM
IMO, Incarnate Word passes all over Furman and rolls them.
Yeah, this won’t be close. UIW by 3+ scores.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2022, 03:01 PM
A lot to not much

FUGameBreaker
November 26th, 2022, 03:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ekor-7uX0AE5PI9?format=jpg&name=large

gofurman
November 26th, 2022, 04:33 PM

There is no garbage. Furman can get beat by UIW
and has acquitted itself well. We were ranked evenly with Elon and a 4 pt Vegas over Elon. Basically just a small Vegas fav because at Furman. And we SMOKED Elon. 31-6?? Please. Furman OL and DL were all over Elon.

If UIW rolls then props to them. Furman has proven it belonged. The question after the FU Elon game is how was the CAA? That was basically a match of second place teams in each conference. Tired of hearing the SoCon is weak. Today is at least a data point t- and a STRONG DATA POINT - that the SoCon is pretty strong. Mercer and Chatt were better than Elon

And I’m not smacking Elon. They had a great year

gofurman
November 26th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Again kudos to Elon. A great year ! Nothing to be ashamed of at all

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 05:07 PM
and has acquitted itself well. We were ranked evenly with Elon and a 4 pt Vegas over Elon. Basically just a small Vegas fav because at Furman. And we SMOKED Elon. 31-6?? Please. Furman OL and DL were all over Elon.

If UIW rolls then props to them. Furman has proven it belonged. The question after the FU Elon game is how was the CAA? That was basically a match of second place teams in each conference. Tired of hearing the SoCon is weak. Today is at least a data point t- and a STRONG DATA POINT - that the SoCon is pretty strong. Mercer and Chatt were better than Elon

Elon probably has the weakest OL/DL of the top 5 CAA teams. I don't think the Socon is weak, a good win for sure.

MUMD
November 26th, 2022, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the props. Mercer beat GW by 31 and GW is up on EKU at the half. Big South and ASun are terribly weak. At least one RPI has the SoCon behind only the Big Sky in FCS.

OrangeAndBlack
November 26th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Go get ‘em Furman! If Furman and Samford had the preseason bias of a high ranking, they’d both be seeded. Both deserved a high ranking all along, but pollsters took a long time to be fully convinced. Including myself! Two excellent SoCon teams that went toe to toe. I’m excited to see what Furman can do against UIW. Looking at UIW’s schedule, they haven’t been tested since September (a loss to SE Louisiana). Very soft schedule while Furman was battling. Give me the Paladins!

UIW has defeated one team with a winning record in 6-5 Praire View A&M. They also beat bottom of the barrel FBS team in Nevada (2-9) who has lost every game they played since then. Props to UIW for scheduling their way to a seed. They lost to the only other good team in their league and beat some bad teams in OOC play. That’s a seed?

Puddin Tane
November 26th, 2022, 07:04 PM
Ha. Ill take that bet for 1 cyber dollar

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2022, 07:12 PM
Give me Furman here -- UIW hasn't played a real team in weeks, and lost to the only good one in that stretch [that team is currently down by 11 to Idaho].

I don't want to say UIW is a paper tiger, but Furman is a legit team and I've liked them for weeks. They rolled an Elon team that has wins over Gardner Webb, Richmond, W&M and UD. I think they seem disinterested sometimes, but that's a good club.

OrangeAndBlack
November 26th, 2022, 07:13 PM
Ha. Ill take that bet for 1 cyber dollar

I’ll bet ya cyber dollar on Furman xthumbsupx

just to be clear, UIW is 100% a playoff team. It’s the top 8 seed I question. I fully understand how it happened: they beat a MVFC team and an FBS team to start the year. They were crowned as a top team. Now that we have a full season, we see those wins were far less impressive than appeared. Add to that a loss to their conference rival, and closing the year with 7 consecutive cupcake games. It’s at bare minimum a clinic in scheduling. Other teams could learn from that.

FUGameBreaker
November 26th, 2022, 08:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuqnhJDXQAIjsEt?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The Cats
November 26th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Furman

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2022, 10:56 PM
I'm going with Furman over Incarnate Word

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 12:51 AM
Furman, of course.

Also….look here…2 different Mercer Fans posting here in this thread…bringing solid opinions / content and neither of them splits their allegiance with another SoCon Team. Love to see it. Good job Bears! Bring more friends!!

MTfan4life
November 27th, 2022, 01:08 AM
It all depends on how the first quarter plays out, but I will not be surprised to see Furman roll in this game. Furman has been on quite a streak as of late and Incarnate Word hasn't faced a team with a pulse since September.

PaladinNation
November 27th, 2022, 06:44 AM
After the bracket was announced I was bummed about playing Elon and the potential second round matchup against WORD in San Antonio. As the DINS were putting the hammer down in the 4th, watching the energy on the sidelines. It was obvious Furman's players were excited to be heading to Texas. Texas is a recruiting target for Furman, and Furman has I believe 9 players on the roster from Texas. Add that Dominic Roberto has family in Texas and Oklahoma, add a strong Alumni presence in Texas - I think Furman will show well in San Antonio.

Furman will no doubt face an explosive team Saturday. One big benefit of playing all the teams in the SoCon; teams face a diverse range of offenses from Triple Option to Air Raid to Pro-Power. This should be a fun matchup of opposing styles.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2022, 09:45 AM
The team stats breakdown has been added to the first post of the thread.

Wild thing I noticed about UIW's team passing efficiency of 210.08 which is #1 in the FCS. #2 is Fordham at 181.75 so UIW is absolutely blowing away anybody else in the FCS when it comes to team passing efficiency.

The Cats
November 27th, 2022, 01:14 PM

Have you looked at the records of the teams that IW played this season? Only two of them have a winning record, only played one conference team with a winning record, and they lost to that team...

Yeah they dominated a lot of teams, but look who they dominated... I think the Paladins will not be dominated in San Antonio...

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Furman played 4 games against teams ranked top 35 in both passing yards & passing efficiency: Samford, Western Carolina, Mercer, & Chattanooga. WCU & Chattanooga threw for more yards than their season averages, but only WCU had a better passing efficiency against Furman than their season average. The other 3 teams were held to a passing efficiency significantly below their season average (all 3 were 28-30 points below their season average against the Paladins).

But as PC noted the passing offense they are facing this week looks to be on a completely different level than anything they've faced this season, though it looks like UIW will be playing against the best passing efficiency defense they've seen up to this point as well, and by a pretty big margin. Outside of #17 Prairie View A&M, the best passing efficiency defense the Cardinals faced was Houston Christian at #65. It should be noted that Texas A&M-Commerce would have the #2 passing efficiency D in the country but reclassifying teams aren't listed in the rankings, and the Lions did play 2 sub-D1 teams as well. Lindsay Scott Jr. was only 19-29 for 282 yards with 1 TD & 2 interceptions in their 35-7 win over TAMU-Commerce.

This should be a very good game, but I can see either team overwhelming the other to a certain extent and winning by 2+ scores. I think by the time the game rolls around UIW is going to be sick of hearing things like how they haven't played anyone in forever and they'll come out with a hard fought victory. Plus I think their defense, while not exactly great, is underrated and overlooked due to their prolific offense.

SCPALADIN
November 27th, 2022, 03:14 PM
I'm most interested in how IW can handle Furman's pass rush.

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2022, 03:42 PM
I'm most interested in how IW can handle Furman's pass rush.

The bigger question is how will Furman handle UIW’s tempo. Good luck pressuring Lindsey Scott.

FUGameBreaker
November 27th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Lets just all be honest, Incarnate Word is the stupidest sounding university name I have ever heard in my life, I don't care about its religious connotations, it sounds cheap af

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Lets just all be honest, Incarnate Word is the stupidest university name I have ever heard in my life, I don't care about its religious connotations, it sounds cheap af
About like Furman.

FUGameBreaker
November 27th, 2022, 04:38 PM
About like Furman.

Nah not even close

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Nah not even close
It really is

Whampas
November 27th, 2022, 05:27 PM
It really is
Was originally Sasquatch but most students couldn't spell it so they went with Fur man.

Kramden
November 27th, 2022, 05:53 PM
Good Luck to Furman; It's nice to see teams with a great Academic Reputation also succeeding on the field.

katss07
November 27th, 2022, 05:55 PM
Lets just all be honest, Incarnate Word is the stupidest sounding university name I have ever heard in my life, I don't care about its religious connotations, it sounds cheap af
There’s a school in your conference that’s calls itself The Citadel

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 06:08 PM
There’s a school in your conference that’s calls itself The Citadel
Are you pronouncing it correctly though?

In the South Carolina low-country dialect, instead of the hard “C” / “k” sound or the soft “”C” / “s” sound, a leading C for a proper noun that is the name of an institution, oddly, takes the “Sh” sound.

So…it’s quite fitting actually.

gofurman
November 27th, 2022, 06:27 PM
Good Luck to Furman; It's nice to see teams with a great Academic Reputation also succeeding on the field.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. THANK YOU.

What kills me is people don't realize how hard it is for us to recruit. There was literally an FCS Podcast that specifically noted Furman and said based on academics we should always be the Vanderbilt of FCS. They are right. We can't take JUCO players EVER. See Word, Incarnate and their QB in his FIFTH school including "LAST CHANCE U" on ESPN. Good Grief man. have some academic pride people...

A true story on Furman recruiting. We wanted a guy whose own brother had just played for us. His own brother. The younger brother was a good guy. Strong academics. Our school was hesitant as the academics were right on our line. So they said " let's wait and see someone else with good academics offer first to prove he belongs. " I am pretty sure it was Holy Cross (?don't quote me on that - I THINK it was HC) and by the time HCross had offered he went ahead and just went to Wofford who - despite being known for good academics - was allowed to go ahead and pursue him long before we could.. I mean Wofford has high academics (and they do for the school) and they were allowed to pursue this kid long before we could do more than just say "we think we will be allowed to recruit you .. possibly ". Our minimums are RIDICULOUSLY high for student-athletes.

Yet we are playing a team who just their QB Lindsey Scott Jr has this -
start at LSU.. out at LSU...
went to LAST CHANCE U (documentary on ESPN for kids who are getting out of line) at East Mississippi Community College...
then to SEC COLLEGE NUMBER TWO ! at Mizzou...
then to Nicholls State...
now to Incarnate Word.

Furman couldn't even LOOK at recruiting the QB at Incarnate Word. Nor many of the kids on some of the teams we play.

No matter who you pull for it seems people would appreciate a school with that kind of academics competing AT ALL. By all accounts we should - as the Podcast said - not be competitive at all in FCS.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2022, 06:37 PM
I'll take Furman...

Incarnate Word head coach G.J. Kinne is headed to Tulsa....

NDSU1980
November 27th, 2022, 06:49 PM
Only a Fur-Baby would make fun of a religious institutions name.

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2022, 07:05 PM
THIS. SO MUCH THIS. THANK YOU.

What kills me is people don't realize how hard it is for us to recruit. There was literally an FCS Podcast that specifically noted Furman and said based on academics we should always be the Vanderbilt of FCS. They are right. We can't take JUCO players EVER. See Word, Incarnate and their QB in his FIFTH school including "LAST CHANCE U" on ESPN. Good Grief man. have some academic pride people...

A true story on Furman recruiting. We wanted a guy whose own brother had just played for us. His own brother. The younger brother was a good guy. Strong academics. Our school was hesitant as the academics were right on our line. So they said " let's wait and see someone else with good academics offer first to prove he belongs. " I am pretty sure it was Holy Cross (?don't quote me on that - I THINK it was HC) and by the time HCross had offered he went ahead and just went to Wofford who - despite being known for good academics - was allowed to go ahead and pursue him long before we could.. I mean Wofford has high academics (and they do for the school) and they were allowed to pursue this kid long before we could do more than just say "we think we will be allowed to recruit you .. possibly ". Our minimums are RIDICULOUSLY high for student-athletes.

Yet we are playing a team who just their QB Lindsey Scott Jr has this -
start at LSU.. out at LSU...
went to LAST CHANCE U (documentary on ESPN for kids who are getting out of line) at East Mississippi Community College...
then to SEC COLLEGE NUMBER TWO ! at Mizzou...
then to Nicholls State...
now to Incarnate Word.

Furman couldn't even LOOK at recruiting the QB at Incarnate Word. Nor many of the kids on some of the teams we play.

No matter who you pull for it seems people would appreciate a school with that kind of academics competing AT ALL. By all accounts we should - as the Podcast said - not be competitive at all in FCS.

Lindsey Scott is a great kid, from a great family. He's gotten some bad advice along the way but dad is an attorney and he's a good student. Originally committed to Syracuse in high school, but took a late offer from LSU. Obviously wasn't going to play there so transferred to EMCC to get re-recruited, then signed with Missouri. Got stuck there and transferred to Nicholls, but had to sit out a year. Played two successful seasons at Nicholls and somehow appealed to the NCAA for a 7th season and got it, then transferred to UIW. Lot's of moving around for sure but there's no doubt he could have gotten into Furman academically.

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2022, 07:09 PM
I'll take Furman...

Incarnate Word head coach G.J. Kinne is headed to Tulsa....

He's been headed to Tulsa since early in the season—those rumors have been flying for a while. The Word has too much talent and playing at home.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2022, 07:31 PM
I like UIW in this one. I would like it a lot more if UIW HC G.J. Kinne didn't have a foot out the door to Tulsa.

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Played two successful seasons at Nicholls…then transferred to UIW.That’s not quite the full story about his playing time at Nicholls, is it?

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 07:47 PM
He's been headed to Tulsa since early in the season—those rumors have been flying for a while. The Word has too much talent and playing at home.
Was the Tulsa job open “early in the season?” It is now…as of 1 hour ago.

https://twitter.com/jeffbsports/status/1597027265782886400

gofurman
November 27th, 2022, 07:47 PM
Lindsey Scott is a great kid, from a great family. He's gotten some bad advice along the way but dad is an attorney and he's a good student. Originally committed to Syracuse in high school, but took a late offer from LSU. Obviously wasn't going to play there so transferred to EMCC to get re-recruited, then signed with Missouri. Got stuck there and transferred to Nicholls, but had to sit out a year. Played two successful seasons at Nicholls and somehow appealed to the NCAA for a 7th season and got it, then transferred to UIW. Lot's of moving around for sure but there's no doubt he could have gotten into Furman academically.

That's fine. Look, I accept your post as fact. A great kid.. I truly hope so !! (though if his dad is an attorney etc. why did he listen to bad advice?.. I trust you but find that odd as usually the kids that listen to bad advice don't have as solid a background / parent to ground them). But anyway. Hope he has a great career and great academics ! I wish him nothing but the best !

Though Furman does NOT take JUCOs - case closed. We could not have recruited him once he attended a JUCO. So really this proves my point. Here is yet another kid Furman can't offer despite you're noting he has good academics. I am not being mean I am really stating the more general point - like the Podcast - that there is no way Furman should compete in all reality. We lose so many kids to academics that we just aren't able to even LOOK at. Kids that I then see in nearby institutions later. Good schools. So this isn't about him.. It's a much more general statement that - having spoken with our coaches at who we could and couldn't offer - I am shocked we even make the playoffs at all. We won it all in 1988 and played for titles in 1985 and 2001 and they have since restricted our athletics in terms of who we can offer (Greatly !) two or three more times so that many players we could look at in the past are not eligible now.

Ironically, We have stumbled upon a great example. So the QB from UIW has strong academics and yet we wouldn't recruit him as he has JUCO and too many transfers... we just don't do that. Right or wrong it makes it tough. It really limits the pool of kids we can even talk to.

"Half the applicants admitted to Furman University have an SAT score between 1240 and 1420 or an ACT score of 29 and 33" - that eliminates a lot of players as I have heard we generally seek a 1150 / 1200 SAT.

------------------------------------

"The Cardinals have 26 transfers " - that's another thing Furman will not do. We will only allow about 5-10 transfers. Again, this is a large restriction ESPECIALLY in this new day and age or the portal where it is a Transfer - O - Rama. Samford, the Only FCS team to beat us, had about 20+ transfers... It makes a difference.

So you see, I am just noting facts and didn't mean anything against the QB. Furman is fighting an uphill battle all the way.

That said, this is the 2nd week in a row .. last week Elon brought former NC State and Montana State transfer who was freakin' TWENTY THREE years old. TEWNTY THREE. Scott is now in his SEVENTH YEAR of college. Good grief. This SEVEN-year-and-yet-I-am-still-playing-QB-in-COLLEGE crap has to stop.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2022, 07:51 PM
Was the Tulsa job open “early in the season?” It is now…as of 1 hour ago.

https://twitter.com/jeffbsports/status/1597027265782886400

Exactly...

This has a Central Arkansas vs UNH and JMU vs Colgate of a few years ago feel to it....

PaladinNation
November 27th, 2022, 08:00 PM

Dude, I know you love to troll… but you're the one that sounds cheap and ignorant.
People can and do say the same thing about FUR-MAN.

Preferred Walk-On
November 27th, 2022, 08:01 PM
It all depends on how the first quarter plays out, but I will not be surprised to see Furman roll in this game. Furman has been on quite a streak as of late and Incarnate Word hasn't faced a team with a pulse since September.

Not sure what the pick breakdown will be for the 2022 AGS PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST, but for the FCS Bracket Challenge, it was as follows:

Round 1: 82.9% picked Furman (29 picks) over Elon (6 picks).
Round 2: 27.2% picked Furman (9 picks) over Incarnate Word (24 picks).

Make of it what you will.

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2022, 08:04 PM
That's fine. Look, I accept your post as fact. A great kid.. I truly hope so !! (though if his dad is an attorney etc. why did he listen to bad advice?.. I trust you but find that odd as usually the kids that listen to bad advice don't have as solid a background / parent to ground them). But anyway. Hope he has a great career and great academics ! I wish him nothing but the best !

Though Furman does NOT take JUCOs - case closed. We could not have recruited him once he attended a JUCO. So really this proves my point. Here is yet another kid Furman can't offer despite you're noting he has good academics. I am not being mean I am really stating the more general point - like the Podcast - that there is no way Furman should compete in all reality. We lose so many kids to academics that we just aren't able to even LOOK at. Kids that I then see in nearby institutions later. Good schools. So this isn't about him.. It's a much more general statement that - having spoken with our coaches at who we could and couldn't offer - I am shocked we even make the playoffs at all. We won it all in 1988 and played for titles in 1985 and 2001 and they have since restricted our athletic offers (greatly) two or three more times so that many players we could look at in the past are not eligible now.

Ironically, We have stumbled upon a great example. So the QB from UIW has strong academics and yet we wouldn't recruit him as he has JUCO and too many transfers... we just don't do that. Right or wrong it makes it tough. It really limits the pool of kids we can even talk to.

"Half the applicants admitted to Furman University have an SAT score between 1240 and 1420 or an ACT score of 29 and 33" - that eliminates a lot of players as I have heard we generally seek a 1150 / 1200 SAT.

Good kids get bad advice all the time, including from the their own family. It doesn't make them stupid or ill-equipped to handle a rigorous academic institution.

gofurman
November 27th, 2022, 08:09 PM
Good kids get bad advice all the time, including from the their own family. It doesn't make them stupid or ill-equipped to handle a rigorous academic institution.

Lionsrking2, That is true. Unfortunate but true. I accept that. Just as it is true he is off-limits to Furman as a multi-transfer JUCO player. Just the rules we set for ourselves... Yet another good kid we can't look at. This proves both of our points. Good kid, smart, - I am with you there - yet Furman cannot pursue him. UIW can.

Fair enough. We set extremely high academic standards (I honestly wish we would allow some exceptions for Football xnodx).

If UIW wins in large part because of the QB, well, there we have it... It was simply a matter of facing a QB we can't recruit.

And I like that you and I keep it civil. I want to give you big credit there. Some people can't do that. Just some logical points in a debate.

Lions, Props to you and your team...

katss07
November 27th, 2022, 08:55 PM
Exactly...

This has a Central Arkansas vs UNH and JMU vs Colgate of a few years ago feel to it....
That Colgate team was better than JMU. Houston rumors had nothing to do with it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2022, 09:26 PM
That Colgate team was better than JMU. Houston rumors had nothing to do with it.

I was at that game and sat on the JMU side; there was a running joke ECU was picking Huston up by helicopter after the game behind the stands. Colgate's defense was excellent but DiNucci and the Dukes offense looked lifeless. He had 5 INTS iirc. Still, Colgate needed a last second FG to win. In 2015 the same thing happened with Withers heading to Texas State....

katss07
November 27th, 2022, 09:55 PM
I was at that game and sat on the JMU side; there was a running joke ECU was picking Huston up by helicopter after the game behind the stands. Colgate's defense was excellent but DiNucci and the Dukes offense looked lifeless. He had 5 INTS iirc. Still, Colgate needed a last second FG to win. In 2015 the same thing happened with Withers heading to Texas State....
I believe JMU coaches complained on the selection show about Colgate’s seeding when it happened. Then Colgate turned around and sent them packing for the second time in four years. Remember that game like it was yesterday. Dan Hunt owns the Dukes.

DiNucci’s performance was incredible that day. I like to think he still has nightmares about Hamilton.

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 04:59 AM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/311493886_584662700124915_3640792941704873016_n.jp g?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=CsglRVd3Si8AX_OfyUp&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfAgcQikTF0IlY_--hq9l6reQkbn2IUtuFitl9pJzX6DFQ&oe=63893F46

- - - Updated - - -

https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Paladin-Stadium-Furman-Paladins-Live-Mascot.jpg

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 05:14 AM
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1597046484138348550

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 07:38 AM
Not sure what the pick breakdown will be for the 2022 AGS PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST, but for the FCS Bracket Challenge, it was as follows:

Round 1: 82.9% picked Furman (29 picks) over Elon (6 picks).
Round 2: 27.2% picked Furman (9 picks) over Incarnate Word (24 picks).

Make of it what you will.

Going with Furman

Probably the same people that were ranking Rhode Island all year

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2022, 07:46 AM
https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Paladin-Stadium-Furman-Paladins-Live-Mascot.jpg

.......WHO CLEANS UP...AFTERAH DUH HORSE?........IS DAT WHAA FOOBIE.....WAS ON DUH SIDELINES?........xdontknowx......BRAWK?

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 08:14 AM

.......WHO CLEANS UP...AFTERAH DUH HORSE?........IS DAT WHAA FOOBIE.....WAS ON DUH SIDELINES?........xdontknowx......BRAWK?
Nailed it! Whatever needs to be done to help the program. That’s the OLine creed.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ7HrnF1/439-C1394-4345-4-C1-C-A32-C-D2128992-A0-FD.jpg

OhioHen
November 28th, 2022, 09:35 AM
I flipped a coin and it got wedged on edge in the sofa. Next flip was knocked around the room by the cat before I could see how it originally landed.

Third time - UIW (in 2 overtimes)

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2022, 09:58 AM
Word by a lot.

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Word by a lot.
You need to change your helmet avatar. Inculcate Weird PR Team paying you per post?

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2022, 10:03 AM
You need to change your helmet avatar. Inculcate Weird PR Team paying you per post?
Yep

SpreadTheWord
November 28th, 2022, 10:38 AM
Yep

Pretty much, yeah...

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Friday night pep rally at Incarnate Word

https://media.tenor.com/rCsC_pOIquQAAAAC/cage-priest.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Does Incarnate Word have a fan message board?

SpreadTheWord
November 28th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Does Incarnate Word have a fan message board?

I think I'm the only UIW fan on here.

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2022, 02:46 PM

Tryin' to help. :)

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 02:54 PM

xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 03:01 PM
I think I'm the only UIW fan on here.Based on the average attendance figures FUBeAR sees, seems you and your immediate family are just about the only UIW fans, period. No?

DATE
OPPONENT
ATTENDANCE

9/3/2022
vs SIU (https://uiwcardinals.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5950&path=football)

10/1/2022
vs MCN (https://uiwcardinals.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5954&path=football)

10/8/2022
vs Lamar (https://uiwcardinals.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5955&path=football)

10/22/2022
vs Faulkner (https://uiwcardinals.com/boxscore.aspx?id=6027&path=football)

11/5/2022
vs Houston Christian (https://uiwcardinals.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5958&path=football)

2022 Total Attendance

2022 Average Attendance

* Yeah…FUBeAR knows we didn’t do so hot at the turnstile for our 1st round game, but we’re back up to getting about 10k/game (regular season) and growing.

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 03:19 PM
https://www.gifservice.fr/img/gif-vignette-small/82598a255e19e828ad4b16a689e6c951/293295-sports-n-c-a-a-d1-national-collegiate-athletic-association-f-furman-paladins.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 28th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Based on the average attendance figures FUBeAR sees, seems you and your immediate family are just about the only UIW fans, period. No?

DATE
OPPONENT
ATTENDANCE

9/3/2022

10/1/2022

10/8/2022

10/22/2022

11/5/2022
vs Houston Christian (https://uiwcardinals.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5958&path=football)

2022 Total Attendance

2022 Average Attendance

* Yeah…FUBeAR knows we didn’t do so hot at the turnstile for our 1st round game, but we’re back up to getting about 10k/game (regular season) and growing.

A Catholic, a Baptist, and a Mormon are bragging about the size of their families.
“I have four boys and my wife is expecting another. One more son and I’ll have a basketball team!” said the Catholic.
“That’s nothing!” said the Baptist. “I have ten boys now, and my wife is pregnant with another child. One more son and I’ll have a football team!”
“You both should be ashamed of yourselves!” said the Mormon. “I have seventeen wives. One more and I’ll have a golf course!”

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Based on the average attendance figures FUBeAR sees, seems you and your immediate family are just about the only UIW fans, period. No?

DATE
OPPONENT
ATTENDANCE

9/3/2022

10/1/2022

10/8/2022

10/22/2022

11/5/2022

2022 Total Attendance

2022 Average Attendance

A big crowd by UIW standards is anything over 2,500 and there's no atmosphere. Weird things happen there.

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Dude, I know you love to troll… but you're the one that sounds cheap and ignorant.
People can and do say the same thing about FUR-MAN.
So, we’re OK with ChattaQuitta, Woeford Tearyers, Shamford, ETSUx, A ****adel, VeeMeeEye Rats, and the WCU Cantamounts…but we draw the line at making fun of a school called The University of The Incarnate Word. C’mon! That”s like restricting Kanye from making fun of….oh, nevermind.

Anyway, for as long as it lasts and when the muse strikes, FUBeAR fully intends to make fun of the University of the Interactive Carnation…and their mascot…

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/d4/db/78d4db8e3422695735bdf5410e3aa84b.png

…Cardinal Guido Sarducci

PaladinNation
November 28th, 2022, 05:21 PM
^^ I know FuBear… I'm just a tad sensitive due to the Catholic thing. Just felt a bit too far but what do I know…

Catamount87
November 29th, 2022, 07:40 AM
So, we’re OK with ChattaQuitta, Woeford Tearyers, Shamford, ETSUx, A ****adel, VeeMeeEye Rats, and the WCU Cantamounts…but we draw the line at making fun of a school called The University of The Incarnate Word. C’mon! That”s like restricting Kanye from making fun of….oh, nevermind.

Anyway, for as long as it lasts and when the muse strikes, FUBeAR fully intends to make fun of the University of the Interactive Carnation…and their mascot…

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/d4/db/78d4db8e3422695735bdf5410e3aa84b.png

…Cardinal Guido Sarducci

HAHAHAHA, go FuBeAR!

The Cats
November 29th, 2022, 07:59 AM
We should be able to work Roseanne Roseannadanna into the conversation as well, because with Fubear "...it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPgoWxT1PMc

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 11:24 AM
^^ I know FuBear… I'm just a tad sensitive due to the Catholic thing. Just felt a bit too far but what do I know…

Lighten up, everything's going to be ok xlolx

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 11:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcaKVErakAMMLgn.jpg

ElCid
November 29th, 2022, 11:53 AM
Furman sucks.

But I hope they win. Hard to tell. Furman has a habit of playing flat sometimes. They better hope they don't this weekend against a good opponent.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 01:22 PM
Just using Massey…

Furman has beaten #16 #19 #23 #44 #53 #54, #57 ______________#83____#100
UIW has beaten ________#21____________________#74 #77 #78 #80 #90_____ #114 #115

Furman lost to #6
UIW lost to________________#22

#21 is Southern Illinois. UIW beat them 9/3 in Game #1. SIU finished 5-6 and is only #21 because Massey has a heavy positive bias toward MVFC Teams that lose to other MVFC Teams. 6-5 UNI is #13, for example.

Meanwhile, Furman has defeated 7 Teams FAR better than any other (besides SIU) FCS Team that UIW defeated.

Meanwhile, also, UIW lost to the only other FCS Team that was better than, say, #57 Wofford or #72 Tennessee Tech that they played (#22 SELA).

Oh…UIW also defeated FBS (2-10) Nevada, who Massey would slot in at #32 in FCS, which is about halfway between #23 Elon & #44 WCU.

Bottom line…We may find out Saturday that UIW is a good Football Team, but they really haven’t done much to prove it, so far this season…other than winning games against bad Teams & putting up some very flashy numbers to dupe the foolish Committee into gifting them with a Seed.

#DefundTheCommittee

lionsrking2
November 29th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Just using Massey…

UIW has beaten ________#21____________________#74 #77 #78 #80 #90_____ #114 #115

Furman lost to #6

#21 is Southern Illinois. UIW beat them 9/3 in Game #1. SIU finished 5-6 and is only #21 because Massey has a heavy positive bias toward MVFC Teams that lose to other MVFC Teams. 6-5 UNI is #13, for example.

Meanwhile, Furman has defeated 7 Teams FAR better than any other (besides SIU) FCS Team that UIW defeated.

Meanwhile, also, UIW lost to the only other FCS Team that was better than, say, #57 Wofford or #72 Tennessee Tech that they played (#22 SELA).

Oh…UIW also defeated FBS (2-10) Nevada, who Massey would slot in at #32 in FCS, which is about halfway between #23 Elon & #44 WCU.

Bottom line…We may find out Saturday that UIW is a good Football Team, but they really haven’t done much to prove it, so far this season…other than winning games against bad Teams & putting up some very flashy numbers to dupe the foolish Committee into gifting them with a Seed.

#DefundTheCommittee
’Just using Massey’ says it all.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 01:57 PM
…and your comment says nothing. So, they balance out nicely.

Chalupa Batman
November 29th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Just using Massey…

Furman lost to #6

#DefundTheCommittee

Since Massey does such an exquisite job of ranking teams, I'm curious how many spots above UIW they have Furman. Since the Massey ratings include Furman's impressive 1st round win that should vault the 'Dins above UIW, I wonder where they were before that?

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Since Massey does such an exquisite job of ranking teams, I'm curious how many spots above UIW they have Furman. Because surely Furman MUST be ranked above them, right? Especially since the Massey ratings include Furman's impressive 1st round win that should vault the 'Dins even further above UIW......weird post…

Yes. Massey, of course, has Furman ranked ahead of UIW, as FUBeAR is sure you know.

Also….The SoCon’s Furman’s 1st round complete domination of Elon, an elite Team within the CAA, was not nearly as impressive as the Paladins’ 2 back-to-back wins over should-be SoCon Playoff Teams, Mercer & Chattanooga, who are both FAR better than Elon.

#DefundTheCommittee

Chalupa Batman
November 29th, 2022, 02:25 PM
weird post…

Yes. Massey, of course, has Furman ranked ahead of UIW, as FUBeAR is sure you know.

Also….The SoCon’s Furman’s 1st round complete domination of Elon, an elite Team within the CAA, was not nearly as impressive as the Paladins’ 2 back-to-back wins over should-be SoCon Playoff Teams, Mercer & Chattanooga, who are both FAR better than Elon.

#DefundTheCommittee

I'm saying that before the Elon game, Furman was behind UIW in the Massey ratings you love to use so much.

ElCid
November 29th, 2022, 02:45 PM

…and your comment says nothing. So, they balance out nicely.

Massey is just one data point. Unlike human polls they are objective. At least within their built in algorithm biases. They are fairly accurate overall, but it starts to fall apart when there isn't a lot of connection between teams, as I suspect is the case in this game. They also miss the mark in conf rivalry games as they can't quantify the factors at play there.

But I do find it funny that some people love to go to the computers when it supports their position, and ignore them when it doesn't. Or they love to flip between Sagarin or Massey when it suits them. That illness infects people from every conference and team.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 03:09 PM
FUBeAR believes Massey offers exceptional ease of use AND an acceptable level of accuracy.

Hence, seeking to assess a Team’s full season body of work and, perhaps, compare that body of work with another Team’s or Teams’ (with limited opportunities for actual observation), it’s really the best, though certainly imperfect, tool.

FUBeAR finds it interesting that after he shared his analysis of the data, 3 different posters have responded without a single specific question about the data or the analysis; only criticisms of the reference point of the data.

C’mon peeps - nobody want to poetically wax about the power of Houston Christian, trumpet the triumph over Faulkner, or lay laurels for the lambasting of Lamar?

GTFOH - y’all see it the same way FUBeAR does - UIW was gifted a Seed and we’ll find out if they deserved it on Saturday.

FU_Paladin08
November 29th, 2022, 03:34 PM
UIW is a great team, as is Furman. Both are in this game for a reason. I seriously doubt UIW will reach their avg points, and Furman will have to play their absolute best on offense to score on every opportunity. Something will have to give. Furman will look to bend, not break, and limit TDs. I’m far more interested in how good the UIW defense is since we all know they won’t score 70 on Saturday. Are they giving up 19 pts a game bc the defense is amazing, bc the offense causing the opposing team out of their comfort zone, or bc they have played some serious awful teams? If they frustrate the Furman offense at all it might prove to be a long day for the Paladins.

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 03:49 PM
https://y.yarn.co/711c3cd6-07c5-4949-bf0c-13fc1e23743e_text.gif

Chalupa Batman
November 29th, 2022, 04:06 PM
FUBeAR believes Massey offers exceptional ease of use AND an acceptable level of accuracy.

Hence, seeking to assess a Team’s full season body of work and, perhaps, compare that body of work with another Team’s or Teams’ (with limited opportunities for actual observation), it’s really the best, though certainly imperfect, tool.

FUBeAR finds it interesting that after he shared his analysis of the data, 3 different posters have responded without a single specific question about the data or the analysis; only criticisms of the reference point of the data.

C’mon peeps - nobody want to poetically wax about the power of Houston Christian, trumpet the triumph over Faulkner, or lay laurels for the lambasting of Lamar?

GTFOH - y’all see it the same way FUBeAR does - UIW was gifted a Seed and we’ll find out if they deserved it on Saturday.

I wasn't criticizing Massey, at least that wasn't my intent. I was wondering why since you were using Massey to compare schedules and make your argument that Furman should've been seeded instead of UIW you just completely ignored the fact that BEFORE the playoffs started the Massey ratings you were using came to the conclusion that UIW was better as they were ranked #7 & Furman was #11.

Could Furman have been seeded instead of UIW? Absolutely. This year there were 10 teams deserving of a seed (the 8 seeds plus Furman & Weber) so 2 were going to get left out. Like you said, we'll find out on Saturday if the committee got it right.

FUGameBreaker
November 29th, 2022, 04:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3VxAxZWkAECl4X.jpg

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 04:16 PM
I wasn't criticizing Massey, at least that wasn't my intent. I was wondering why since you were using Massey to compare schedules and make your argument that Furman should've been seeded instead of UIW you just completely ignored the fact that BEFORE the playoffs started the Massey ratings you were using came to the conclusion that UIW was better as they were ranked #7 & Furman was #11.

Could Furman have been seeded instead of UIW? Absolutely. This year there were 10 teams deserving of a seed (the 8 seeds plus Furman & Weber) so 2 were going to get left out. Like you said, we'll find out on Saturday if the committee got it right.
Please bold & quote the text in FUBeAR’s post that cited the Massey rankings where he made the argument you allege (bolded above).

He’ll wait.

NDSU1980
November 29th, 2022, 04:16 PM
As a Baptist, I'm on the Lord's Side on this game. The Word by 7 points.

Chalupa Batman
November 29th, 2022, 04:23 PM
Please bold & quote the text in FUBeAR’s post that cited the Massey rankings where he made the argument you allege (bolded above).

He’ll wait.

Not in that specific post, but you have said Furman should've been a seed many, many times the last couple weeks. But since you imply I got your post half wrong (I did get the part about you thinking UIW shouldn't have been seeded correct), which team do you think should've been seeded instead of them?

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 04:27 PM
As a Baptist, I'm on the Lord's Side on this game. The Word by 7 points.
Millions of Baptist martyrs would frown upon your characterization and, probably, on your pick.

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/34444/is-a-claim-of-50-000-000-baptist-martyrs-accurate

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 04:31 PM
Not in that specific post, but you have said Furman should've been a seed many, many times the last couple weeks. But since you imply I got your post half wrong (I did get the part about you thinking UIW shouldn't have been seeded correct), which team do you think should've been seeded instead of them?
Any of more than a few Teams that have a superior body of work than the Cardinals.

And, yes, Furman deserved a Seed. Are you saying they deserved the seed that was gifted to UIW by the foolish Committee?

Which of UIW’s Southland Conference wins impressed you the most?

#DefundTheCommittee

POD Knows
November 29th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Millions of Baptist martyrs would frown upon your characterization and, probably, on your pick.

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/34444/is-a-claim-of-50-000-000-baptist-martyrs-accurateYea, this^^^^^^

NDSU1980
November 29th, 2022, 04:41 PM

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/34444/is-a-claim-of-50-000-000-baptist-martyrs-accurate
We try not to hold a grudge.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2022, 05:10 PM
So I guess what we're arguing about is whether Saturday 12/3 will mark the beginning of "The Furmish Inquisition" or "The Incarnate Crusade"???

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 05:30 PM
So I guess what we're arguing about is whether Saturday 12/3 will mark the beginning of "The Furmish Inquisition" or "The Incarnate Crusade"???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk

JacksFan40
November 29th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Any of more than a few Teams that have a superior body of work than the Cardinals.

And, yes, Furman deserved a Seed. Are you saying they deserved the seed that was gifted to UIW by the foolish Committee?

#DefundTheCommittee
Theres no team in the top 8 that Furman deserved to be seeded over.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Theres no team in the top 8 that Furman deserved to be seeded over.
Yeah - saw you had Elon picked to beat Furman. Given how horribly wrong you were with that ill-informed projection, perhaps it’s just best if you recuse yourself from any discussions involving the Paladins.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 07:05 PM
Inconsiderate Words HC says he is Day-to-Day…

https://twitter.com/gregluca/status/1597681616830300165

JacksFan40
November 29th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Yeah - saw you had Elon picked to beat Furman. Given how horribly wrong you were with that ill-informed projection, perhaps it’s just best if you recuse yourself from any discussions involving the Paladins.
So you must have picked perfectly last week right? I can speak when I want, and it is common knowledge that Furman was not better than any of the top 8 teams based on resume. If they can beat UIW they will prove me wrong, but I still went ahead and picked UIW. If it makes you feel any better I did pick Samford this week, so I am not biased against the SoCon, also I want to see Samford play in Fargo so we can finally put this debate to rest.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2022, 07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk
Great scene from a great movie. Ol' Mel got some jabs in on Christians in his stand up philosopher scene too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QBaKixc5I

deez_na
November 29th, 2022, 07:30 PM
Have you looked at the records of the teams that IW played this season? Only two of them have a winning record, only played one conference team with a winning record, and they lost to that team...

Yeah they dominated a lot of teams, but look who they dominated... I think the Paladins will not be dominated in San Antonio...

Guess that’s why they play the game. They weren’t just squeaking by teams either, they were humiliating teams. Scoring 64 on SIU is crazy even if they had a down year compared to their preseason expectations. SIU didn’t lost a single game by more than 7 points outside of the taping IUW gave them. I don’t think Furman keeps it within 7-10

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2022, 07:35 PM
Inconsiderate Words HC says he is Day-to-Day…

https://twitter.com/gregluca/status/1597681616830300165

He gone....

katss07
November 29th, 2022, 08:09 PM
He might be gone but it doesn’t matter, UIW is far superior to your average SoCon playoff qualifier

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2022, 08:22 PM
He might be gone but it doesn’t matter, UIW is far superior to your average SoCon playoff qualifier

Not so sure

PaladinNation
November 29th, 2022, 08:24 PM

I'm sure you're so knowledgeable about Furman…

ngineer
November 29th, 2022, 09:24 PM
Picking Furman. Just seems to me IW has a not been challenged much all year, and rolling up impressive numbers over some very questionable opponents. Tough competition makes a good team tougher, and I see the Paladins pulling away in the second half.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 09:29 PM
So you must have picked perfectly last week right? I can speak when I want, and it is common knowledge that Furman was not better than any of the top 8 teams based on resume. If they can beat UIW they will prove me wrong, but I still went ahead and picked UIW. If it makes you feel any better I did pick Samford this week, so I am not biased against the SoCon, also I want to see Samford play in Fargo so we can finally put this debate to rest.Furman already proved you wrong, horribly wrong, when they completely dominated the Elon Team you picked to beat them. LOL. So, your silly “common knowledge” claim about Furman is also rendered specious.

Is there any debate that the bizuns are 31-1 in the FargoDome in the playoffs? Nope. The BS Committee, as expected, gave NDSU a primrose path to the semifinals, second only to the cakewalk they gave to the bunnies. At least NDSU might have to play 1 good Team before the Semi’s…if Samford’s QB, who was knocked out of their very fortunate 2OT win over should-be-in-the Playoffs, Mercer, is able to play. Would imagine the BS Committee took that into consideration before lining up the seeds though.

#DefundTheCommittee

ngineer
November 29th, 2022, 09:40 PM
Furman already proved you wrong, horribly wrong, when they completely dominated the Elon Team you picked to beat them. LOL. So, your silly “common knowledge” claim about Furman is also rendered specious.

Is there any debate that the bizuns are 31-1 in the FargoDome in the playoffs? Nope. The BS Committee, as expected, gave NDSU a primrose path to the semifinals, second only to the cakewalk they gave to the bunnies. At least NDSU might have to play 1 good Team before the Semi’s…if Samford’s QB, who was knocked out of their very fortunate 2OT win over should-be-in-the Playoffs, Mercer, is able to play. Would imagine the BS Committee took that into consideration before lining up the seeds though.

#DefundTheCommittee

xthumbsupxxlolx

lion4life
November 29th, 2022, 10:01 PM
I think everyone around the country will be surprised how good UIW is. Everyone talks about Lindsey Scott but what they bring to the table up front on both sides of the ball is really remarkable. UIW’s offensive line looks like an NFL team. Marcus Cooper (former SLU lion) is a tremendous back and their receiving corps is solid. I’m sure Furman is good but I think UIW runs them off the field. They’re like a basketball team and can go on crazy runs on you. Their stadium is terrible with no atmosphere and almost puts the opponent to sleep. UIW BIG in this one.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 10:15 PM
I think everyone around the country will be surprised how good UIW is. Everyone talks about Lindsey Scott but what they bring to the table up front on both sides of the ball is really remarkable. UIW’s offensive line looks like an NFL team. Marcus Cooper (former SLU lion) is a tremendous back and their receiving corps is solid. I’m sure Furman is good but I think UIW runs them off the field. They’re like a basketball team and can go on crazy runs on you. Their stadium is terrible with no atmosphere and almost puts the opponent to sleep. UIW BIG in this one.
So…reckon how in the Sam Hill did SELA, who lost to 2 FBS Teams that Massey, on average, would slot into about where Furman is ranked, and to an FCS Team that is about Tennessee Tech level, manage to overcome and beat this NFL Super Bowl Champion equivalent Incandescent Wired Team?

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 10:36 PM
So…reckon how in the Sam Hill did SELA, who lost to 2 FBS Teams that Massey, on average, would slot into about where Furman is ranked, and to an FCS Team that is about Tennessee Tech level, manage to overcome and beat this NFL Super Bowl Champion equivalent Incandescent Wired Team?
Never mind. Found the full game video. FUBeAR will figger it out for his own self…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLu8Vz7AvEU

lionsrking2
November 29th, 2022, 10:38 PM
Your problem is reliance on Massey which is essentially tits on a bull.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2022, 10:56 PM
Your problem is reliance on Massey which is essentially tits on a bull.
FUBeAR has many problems. At least 99. Reliance on Massey is not one. If you’ve been following along you will have seen FUBeAR’s assertion regarding Massey having exceptional ease of use with acceptable accuracy. It is an imperfect tool, but it is the best tool available to us for this type of broad analysis.

Your problem, OTOH, is attacking the messenger or the info source, but failing to acknowledge, discuss, dispute, or opine upon the available presented data and/or data analysis, along with failing to offer your own analysis much beyond the depth of ‘the Team I like is better than the Team you like.’ But, hey, it’s a public message board…expectations met.

McNeese75
November 29th, 2022, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=FUBeAR;3098733]Never mind. Found the full game video. FUBeAR will figger it out for his own self…

Just FF to the last play of the game, lol

Puddin Tane
November 29th, 2022, 11:09 PM
Never mind. Found the full game video. FUBeAR will figger it out for his own self…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLu8Vz7AvEU

im thinking uiw in this one

so…at about 1:00 of the vid, scott gets smeared…and he continued to play?

JacksFan40
November 29th, 2022, 11:18 PM
Furman already proved you wrong, horribly wrong, when they completely dominated the Elon Team you picked to beat them. LOL. So, your silly “common knowledge” claim about Furman is also rendered specious.

#DefundTheCommittee
40% of the board picked Elon as well. Furman did far better than I thought, they’re a very good team and I never said they weren’t, I just thought Elon would be better, people make bad picks all of the time, like anyone who picked LSU to beat Texas A&M. I was in the minority for picking Gardner-Webb to beat Eastern Kentucky, so as it swings both ways.

Anyways NDSU gets home playoff games because they’ve earned them, it’s that simple. They’re 9-2 with their losses being by 3 to a PAC-12 team, and by 2 to the #1 FCS team. Now if I had assigned the seeds, I’d of put NDSU at #5 and Samford at #4, and I stated this in a previous thread. Would this make a difference? Probably not, NDSU still beats Samford.

lion4life
November 29th, 2022, 11:19 PM

You’ll find out on Saturday….Just don’t say we didn’t warn you. And BTW, SLU is pretty good themselves, and play UIW every year so they’re used to that style of play. Furman is not ready for the tempo UIW is about to play with

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Furman is not ready for the tempo UIW is about to play with
we’ll work on it…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ezry9Hj5S0

PaladinNation
November 30th, 2022, 06:19 AM
You’ll find out on Saturday….Just don’t say we didn’t warn you. And BTW, SLU is pretty good themselves, and play UIW every year so they’re used to that style of play. Furman is not ready for the tempo UIW is about to play with

First, much respect for you believing in ICW and the play of Southland teams (SLU).

A few things about the SoCon and Furman as you compare line size and play and skill players as well as schemes.
Our head coach—has been around a long time, also coached at Air Force for 10 years, knows Texas well (Furman has 9 players on the roster).
Compares the ICW offense to Houston from his AFA days, and comparable to the tempo of Samford and Western.

Our HC plus our OL coach are highly regarded for producing offensive lines. This Furman team has three 1st all-SoCon linemen. We don't have a bunch of fat dudes. Our guys are on the leaner side and very athletic. Also Furman runs a zone blocking scheme at a very high level. Check out the Elon game film.

Our lead back is 5-11 232, 1,000 yard rusher, he's big and quick, as is our #2 at 6-1 215, our #3 is a Texas speedster 5-9 193. Furman's number two leading rusher is our QB.
Furman has played against the the 15, 26, 28, 33 ranked defenses in the FCS and the 22 in FBS. Furman is 4-1 in those matchups and Furman out gained Clemson. It's not worth my time to get into the details—but the comment about ICW's NFL looking linemen—take a look at Clemson, Chattanooga, and Elon's D-Lines and do some comparisons.

Furman is no slouch passing, Furman has a two-time All-American TE, dual threats at WR who are tall and quick, and another Texan speedster in the slot.

Defensively Furman will play around 25 players on defensive, Furman subs consistently. Furman does hockey-line like rotations on the d-line. IMO the #2 d-line is more like 1B and brings the speed. Furman goes 6-3 304, 6-4 296, 6-4 264, and 6-3 243 at the first line, the second lines go 6-3 276, 6-1 301, 6-2 263, and 6-4 238.

For what it's worth-I just wanted to try to point out Furman isn't some average FCS team with no talent or size. At this level of play both teams are going to face stellar athletes and great coaches. It would be dumb for me to not respect the talent of ICW or SLU for that matter. Furman has a commit this season form a Louisiana DB and Furman recruits Dallas and Houston hard both of those states are loaded with football talent. That said Furman has a bevy of players from the south that chose Furman primarily over FBS schools. Our starting DE had over 20 offers and our backup DT/DE had over 25. Still—Furman is a blue-collar team and they play that way.

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2022, 06:28 AM
What is a faster tempo, IWU offense or the IWU coaches pace of getting out of dodge?

https://twitter.com/TJEckertKTUL/status/1597743524145147905

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2022, 06:32 AM
So you must have picked perfectly last week right? I can speak when I want, and it is common knowledge that Furman was not better than any of the top 8 teams based on resume. If they can beat UIW they will prove me wrong, but I still went ahead and picked UIW. If it makes you feel any better I did pick Samford this week, so I am not biased against the SoCon, also I want to see Samford play in Fargo so we can finally put this debate to rest.

'Its common knowledge' xlolxxlolx

MVC gets zero credit until you come and win in Greenville, SC
Screw that dang giant garbage can called the fargo dome, NDSU gets zero credit for beating anyone in that stinkhole anymore

PaladinNation
November 30th, 2022, 06:40 AM
The uncertainty of Kinne - is a big deal IMO.

In 2001 as Furman was in game week mode for their FCS championship game vs Montana. HC Bobby Johnson was being courted by VANDY. I'm not sure that is the reason we lost 13-6, but it was a factor.

I still remember the headline in the Greenville News;
Vandy hires Furman's Johnson—I spit out my coffee on that one.

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2022, 06:51 AM
It was a big distraction in 2001 for us no doubt, and the team played flat in a very winnable title game

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2022, 07:19 AM
The uncertainty of Kinne - is a big deal IMO.

In 2001 as Furman was in game week mode for their FCS championship game vs Montana. HC Bobby Johnson was being courted by VANDY. I'm not sure that is the reason we lost 13-6, but it was a factor.

I still remember the headline in the Greenville News;
Vandy hires Furman's Johnson—I spit out my coffee on that one.
Agree with the distraction thing for UIW.

BUT…the narrow loss to Montana in 2001 was much more greatly affected by Walter Payton Award Winner, Louis Ivory, FU’s RB, trying to play with a leg injury that limited him to about 60% capacity, FUBeAR would estimate. Furman certainly missed 100% Ivory, but trying to play 60% Ivory instead of his backup was the decision that cost Furman a 2nd National Championship. So hard to bench a Payton Award winner who is gamely giving it his all, but that would’ve been the correct thing to do…and, most likely, would have resulted in a different outcome.

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2022, 08:37 AM

I did pick perfectly last week.

And...in my humble, and admittedly somewhat biased, opinion, FUBEAR is correct. For the record, I don't believe Holy Cross deserved a seed with their resume and SOS either. But, again, that's just my opinion.

I've watched UIW's games vs Northwestern St. and Houston Christian on ESPN+ replay. Looked like a very good FCS team drumming two D2 teams. I wish their loss to SELA was available to watch because those two teams were downright awful. The bottom teams in the SOCON would destroy them. Unfortunately, I've only seen highlight clips of both the Nevada and SELA games . Looking forward to seeing how good UIW really is on Saturday. They obviously have a lot of very talented players.

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2022, 08:51 AM

And...in my humble, and admittedly somewhat biased, opinion, FUBEAR is correct. For the record, I don't believe Holy Cross deserved a seed with their resume and SOS either. But, again, that's just my opinion.

I've watched UIW's games vs Northwestern St. and Houston Christian on ESPN+ replay. Looked like a very good FCS team drumming two D2 teams. I wish their loss to SELA was available to watch because those two teams were downright awful. The bottom teams in the SOCON would destroy them. Unfortunately I've only seen highlight clips of both the Nevada and SELA games . Looking forward to seeing how good UIW really is on Saturday. They obviously have a lot of very talented players.

Just saw the post of the YouTube link for this game. Will watch today.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2022, 08:57 AM
I wish their loss to SELA was available to watchFUBeAR posted this full game video in post #114 in this thread and on TheUFFP.

They are definitely not invincible. Insufficient Wind was beaten by a Team that lost to a Team that’s about the quality of a Tennessee Tech (a Team with which Furman Fans became familiar in beating them 26-0 last year with a Team that hardly compares to this year’s Paladin squad…we don’t have much exposure to TAMUC)

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2022, 09:01 AM
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?317642-Eye-Test-and-ways-to-watch-parts-of-multiple-FCS-games

some good info on watching games

FU_Paladin08
November 30th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Just finished the SELA/UIW game as background noise this morning. Wow. The #4 team in FCS lost to a team with a backup freshman QB in all but the first drive, and lost a starting LB for the second half on a questionable targeting call. That made me feel a lot better about Furman’s offense matchup with UIW defense. I see a ton of similarities between Furman and SELA style of play. Also, can the UIW not kick off to the end zone? That could make for an interesting day for Wayne Anderson Jr.

Question to the Southland folks: what do you really think will happen Saturday; a hard fought game like SELA had or a whipping like the rest of the conference provided?

katss07
November 30th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Southeastern is one of the best teams in the FCS and a likely quarterfinalist. No shame in losing to them the way they did in Hammond.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Southeastern is one of the best teams in the FCS and a likely quarterfinalist. No shame in losing to them the way they did in Hammond.
So…Then…How in the Sam Hill did “one of the best teams in FCS and a likely quarterfinalist” lose to a Team that only won 2 other FCS games (both over bad Southland teams) playing in their 1st year of moving up?

Is there any shame in that?

JacksFan40
November 30th, 2022, 11:48 AM

I've watched UIW's games vs Northwestern St. and Houston Christian on ESPN+ replay. Looked like a very good FCS team drumming two D2 teams. I wish their loss to SELA was available to watch because those two teams were downright awful. The bottom teams in the SOCON would destroy them. Unfortunately, I've only seen highlight clips of both the Nevada and SELA games . Looking forward to seeing how good UIW really is on Saturday. They obviously have a lot of very talented players.
My primary reasoning for picking UIW is because Furman has the 111th ranked pass defense in the FCS, UIW has the 2nd ranked passing offense. I don’t see Furman being able to stop Lindsey Scott and the UIW offense.

JacksFan40
November 30th, 2022, 11:49 AM
So…Then…How in the Sam Hill did “one of the best teams in FCS and a likely quarterfinalist” lose to a Team that only won 2 other FCS games (both over bad Southland teams) playing in their 1st year of moving up?

Is there any shame in that?
How did Alabama lose to A&M last year? Idk, weird things can happen.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2022, 11:58 AM
My primary reasoning for picking UIW is because Furman has the 111th ranked pass defense in the FCS, UIW has the 2nd ranked passing offense. I don’t see Furman being able to stop Lindsey Scott and the UIW offense.
UIW is the 2nd ranked team nationally in pass yards per game but they're the top ranked team in the FCS by a country mile when it comes to passing efficiency which I think is a better indicator of the quality of a passing game especially a volume passing game like UIW has.

Likewise Furman is ranked much higher in defensive pass efficiency (27th nationally) which tells me they're better defending against the pass than their #111 ranking in pass yards allowed per game says they are.

FU_Paladin08
November 30th, 2022, 12:00 PM

Hey I agree. However, I’m curious why this can be true for SELA and not the higher ranked Furman? SELA showed what it takes to beat UIW: possess the ball with a strong run game, completely stop the UIW run game, get to the QB, and bend don’t break on passing plays. That’s what Furman has been doing very well this year. There really isn’t anything new UIW is doing other than wearing out lesser opponents in the first half. They couldn’t do that in the SELA game (who again, was running a freshman backup QB out there). UIW isn’t running an offense any faster than the Hatch Attack that Furman handled pretty well considering all the short fields Samford was gifted on the sloppiest game the offense played (with the backup QB).

All signs point to a great game between worthy foes. I believe UIW will have to play all 4 quarters Saturday for the first time in a month.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2022, 12:17 PM
UIW is the 2nd ranked team nationally in pass yards per game but they're the top ranked team in the FCS by a country mile when it comes to passing efficiency which I think is a better indicator of the quality of a passing game especially a volume passing game like UIW has.

Likewise Furman is ranked much higher in defensive pass efficiency (27th nationally) which tells me they're better defending against the pass than their #111 ranking in pass yards allowed per game says they are.

What is this stuff?

FUBeAR was under the impression that all reason and accountability had been banned for all Non-Furman posters in this thread. Does FUBeAR need to report this logical & well-reasoned post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbA-KAgj-ko

…to add even a bit more substance to your substantive post. UIW’s FCS Opponents average rank in defensive pass efficiency is ~76th…about 50 slots below Furman’s rank.

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2022, 12:37 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/3d/c3/6c3dc3ce843b6bfb49ee014b58e35920.jpg

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2022, 12:47 PM
https://i.etsystatic.com/10362607/r/il/4792fd/3773402291/il_fullxfull.3773402291_3k9s.jpg

FU_Paladin08
November 30th, 2022, 12:52 PM
Great point and I’d also look at points per game. Clearly pass yards vs Furman do not always equal TDs.

ElCid
November 30th, 2022, 01:00 PM

Yeah just using yards is not necessarily a real good indicator. Also, looking at the competition each faced, Furman faced 4 teams in the top 32 pass offense. UIW faced like 4 teams in the bottom 30 or so in pass defense. Using simple yardage is just looking at numbers getting padded by bad pass defense teams or yards given up to prolific passing teams that didn't necessarily result in a victory. Not very telling in itself.

TribeNomad1
November 30th, 2022, 01:05 PM
This is going to be an interesting game. I have a wedding Saturday so likely will have to sneak out of the reception for bathroom breaks to check games. I will blame multiple visits on prostate if challenged.

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2022, 01:48 PM

#DefundTheCommittee

No I don't think UIW was gifted a seed. As I stated earlier they were one of 4 teams that were deserving of the final 2 seeds.

Individually, none of their wins stands out. Collectively though it is pretty impressive that they have dominated everyone the way they have in their wins. Unfortunately for them every team that left their conference the last couple years is at the very least competent and usually pretty good or solid (Sam Houston, Central Arkansas, Stephen F. Austin, Abilene Christian) so their schedule really sucks. They did about as good as they can do against the schedule they had, which was dominating in every game except 1. Beating #23 by 35 points and (if they were FCS would be ranked) #33 by 14 points helped make up for their conference schedule.

And that team they lost to whose losses you bring up to question how good UIW is, also beat #14 Jacksonville State (end of season ranking) by 18 points on the road. That's only 3 spots behind Furman, and 7 spots ahead of Mercer & 8 spots above Chattanooga. College football can be weird when you're dealing with 18-22 year old kids and upsets happen.

On to actual game itself, I said before in post #24 I expect a close game and thought UIW would pull it out, but now I'm not so sure with the news about their HC all but out the door. This and the other SoCon/SLC matchup are probably the 2 games I'm most excited to watch this weekend, along with the Weber/Montana State rematch.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2022, 01:55 PM
This is going to be an interesting game. I have a wedding Saturday so likely will have to sneak out of the reception for bathroom breaks to check games. I will blame multiple visits on prostate if challenged.
FUBeAR has directed that TribeNomad1’s prostate be added to Furman’s Injury Report. So, you should be able to pull up the FU Game Notes if you need to document your claim.

Good thing you’ll be at a wedding also. That way you’ll have an alternate excuse for the “we lost to Gardner-Webb” tears you’ll be shedding after one of your bathroom breaks. :)

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Yeah just using yards is not necessarily a real good indicator. Also, looking at the competition each faced, Furman faced 4 teams in the top 32 pass offense. UIW faced like 4 teams in the bottom 30 or so in pass defense. Using simple yardage is just looking at numbers getting padded by bad pass defense teams or yards given up to prolific passing teams that didn't necessarily result in a victory. Not very telling in itself.

Exactly...
Wofford threw for 428 yards against Furman this season...how'd that work out?

ElCid
November 30th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Exactly...
Wofford threw for 428 yards against Furman this season...how'd that work out?

That fact is simply bizarre for so many reasons.

TribeNomad1
November 30th, 2022, 02:34 PM
FUBeAR has directed that TribeNomad1’s prostate be added to Furman’s Injury Report. So, you should be able to pull up the FU Game Notes if you need to document your claim.

Good thing you’ll be at a wedding also. That way you’ll have an alternate excuse for the “we lost to Gardner-Webb” tears you’ll be shedding after one of your bathroom breaks. :)

If that is the result, there will be other breaks due to increased fluid uptake as well.

lionsrking2
November 30th, 2022, 05:12 PM
Just finished the SELA/UIW game as background noise this morning. Wow. The #4 team in FCS lost to a team with a backup freshman QB in all but the first drive, and lost a starting LB for the second half on a questionable targeting call. That made me feel a lot better about Furman’s offense matchup with UIW defense. I see a ton of similarities between Furman and SELA style of play. Also, can the UIW not kick off to the end zone? That could make for an interesting day for Wayne Anderson Jr.

Question to the Southland folks: what do you really think will happen Saturday; a hard fought game like SELA had or a whipping like the rest of the conference provided?

I'm not smart enough or clairvoyant enough to predict exactly what's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised at a range of outcomes, from a close game either way to a UIW blowout. If UIW plays free of distractions (Kinne rumors), I think they'll win comfortably, especially at home. if their collective heads are somewhere else, all bets are off. But I've seen UIW up close and personal and have watched quite a bit of Furman on tape—I just think it's a bad matchup for the Paladins. Just one man's opinion.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2022, 12:11 AM
Sam Herder knows what’s up…

https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1598186753441296385
Furman at #7 UIW

Furman will be the most complete team UIW has faced this season, and that includes FBS Nevada...

I think with how the [Furman] defense played last week, how the [Furman] offense is balanced and may have a physical advantage, and UIW dealing with the distraction of head coach G.J. Kinne being reported as the frontrunner for the Tulsa job … it all leads to a Furman win.

Prediction: Furman 41-38

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2022, 01:09 AM
Sam Herder knows what’s up…

https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1598186753441296385
Furman at #7 UIW

Furman will be the most complete team UIW has faced this season, and that includes FBS Nevada...

I think with how the [Furman] defense played last week, how the [Furman] offense is balanced and may have a physical advantage, and UIW dealing with the distraction of head coach G.J. Kinne being reported as the frontrunner for the Tulsa job … it all leads to a Furman win.

Prediction: Furman 41-38

I reckon, just like last week.

Terrierific
December 1st, 2022, 02:55 AM
If Furman's QB plays like he did against Wofford then nobody can stop Furman. It wasn't as sharp against Elon.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2022, 05:11 AM
If Furman's QB plays like he did against Wofford then nobody can stop Furman. It wasn't as sharp against Elon.
You’re right. He missed a few open passes on 3rd downs that cost the Paladins possession. 1st time FUBeAR has seen him seem a little ‘tight’ (includes his playing days at FU & PC), so we’ll attribute it to 1st playoff game jitters and assume he’ll put those on the money with perfect touch this week.

Probably a good thing he missed a few of those. Furman may have beaten e*Loan 45-6 if he hadn’t been a bit off. Then, all these peeps would be predicting IntensiveCare Ward to only beat the Paladins handily instead of the complete blowout they are imagining now.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2022, 05:17 AM
I reckon, just like last week.Well reckoned.

Mr. Herder did correctly pick Furman to defeat Elon last week. So, yes…just like last week.

FUGameBreaker
December 1st, 2022, 10:05 AM
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1598112135573536768

PaladinNation
December 1st, 2022, 12:52 PM
Hard not to pull for Mr. Huff.
I'm guessing most of you don't know he's a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army Reserves.
Tyler is a humble man, never takes the credit.

SpreadTheWord
December 1st, 2022, 04:56 PM
Well, damn...

FUGameBreaker
December 1st, 2022, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/CravenMike/status/1598444035471036417

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2022, 05:48 PM
Think UIW will still play the game or forfeit?

Paladins leave GSP in the AM and need to know if they should cancel the flight.

Chalupa Batman
December 1st, 2022, 05:59 PM
Any word if he's going to keep coaching UIW until their season is done?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2022, 06:05 PM
Wow, Texas State? No one has shown the capacity to succeed there since the Bobcats moved to FBS! I am shocked Kinne is not headed to Tulsa. I honestly think Tulsa is one of the better G5 jobs....

FUGameBreaker
December 1st, 2022, 06:13 PM
https://media.tenor.com/u6KtR_7SAZgAAAAM/cross-christian.gif

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2022, 06:28 PM
Wow, Texas State? No one has shown the capacity to succeed there since the Bobcats moved to FBS! I am shocked Kinne is not headed to Tulsa. I honestly think Tulsa is one of the better G5 jobs....
They’ve made horrendous hires. Texas State should be a gold mine in the Sun Belt. Great campus, Stadium, recruiting base. Not sure GJ Kinne is the right hire but he’ll get players.

FUGameBreaker
December 1st, 2022, 07:41 PM
AGS FCS game of the week poll:
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?319578-AGS-Game-of-the-Week-Week-14-Fall-2022

https://y.yarn.co/6a929a33-6d26-492c-9618-b39a73469f41_text.gif

McNeese75
December 1st, 2022, 09:50 PM
The coach leaving should not have be a factor on UIW's effort this weekend. Almost the whole team are seniors anyway xlolx

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2022, 10:03 PM
Wasn't Texas State's last hire a hot shot offensive guy too?

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2022, 10:45 PM
I think hiring a guy after a whole one year as HC at an FCS school seems premature. UIW is a senior heavy team, and recruited by the previous coach. They were already 10-3 last year so it’s not like Kinne did anything remarkable with them. Maybe he works out at Texas State, but I don’t like this decision.

Karl Havoc
December 2nd, 2022, 12:34 AM
UIW hasn’t played a half-decent team since September. That seems relevant.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2022, 08:24 AM
Furman is the best of the best. Heavy favorite to win it all this year. UIW won't stand a chance. I'll cheer for the underdog.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2022, 09:09 AM
Wasn't Texas State's last hire a hot shot offensive guy too?

Yes. I think the decision of TXST to go with Kinne is based on the somewhat debatable theory that he was really behind the offensive success more so than Morris.

FU_Paladin08
December 2nd, 2022, 09:11 AM
The coach has an impressive resume of teams he’s been with to be so young. He’s part of a strong coaching tree and probably wows in interviews. I’d say his performance this year is just the cherry on top, not the main reason for the hire.

crusader11
December 2nd, 2022, 09:12 AM
I haven't been tracking the line on this game, but has it moved at all with the Kinne news?

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 09:52 AM
The coach has an impressive resume of teams he’s been with to be so young. He…probably wows in interviews.
So, he’s this year’s Will Healy?

Taggart
December 2nd, 2022, 10:29 AM
We try not to hold a grudge.

Perhaps you should note that Richard Furman, pastor of First Baptist of Charleston during the American Revolution, was one of the most prominent Baptist pastors in American history, and a founder of the missionary movement that became the Southern Baptist Convention.

SU DOG
December 2nd, 2022, 10:48 AM
Perhaps you should note that Richard Furman, pastor of First Baptist of Charleston during the American Revolution, was one of the most prominent Baptist pastors in American history, and a founder of the missionary movement that became the Southern Baptist Convention.

Have to wonder what Pastor Furman would think about the university's infatuation using FU to mean more than the school's initials?

Karl Havoc
December 2nd, 2022, 10:59 AM
I haven't been tracking the line on this game, but has it moved at all with the Kinne news?

If anything money has come in on UIW. They are favored by 9.5. It seems like one of the bigger discrepancies between the spread and public perception of the two teams (the other being Sac State favored by 16.5).

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2022, 11:21 AM

A 3 year lurker! Welcome to the board. Threw ya some rep to get you started.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 11:23 AM
Have to wonder what Pastor Furman would think about the university's infatuation using FU to mean more than the school's initials?
Richard Furman has some other work he will need to do before he addresses a sports cheer. To stay somewhat off Ursus’ poop list, FUBeAR will spare the details. Let’s just say, the Sims University Fightin’ Abrahams could very easily be the Team facing UIW tomorrow instead of the Furman University Paladins.

And why do you say FU is used to mean more than the school’s initials? That seems like a YOU problem.

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2022, 11:28 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SzIJtzK8hWU/U3BfFTZoVCI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/FzrnwiY7LeI/s1600/keep-calm-and-fu-all-the-time.png

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2022, 11:35 AM
FYI: Apparently Kinne has officially accepted the Texas State job but will stay on at UIW throughout playoffs.

https://twitter.com/TJEckertKTUL/status/1598697737964462081?s=20&t=mpvXUOh7Jah_1sLEr0Ssbg

SU DOG
December 2nd, 2022, 11:45 AM
Richard Furman has some other work he will need to do before he addresses a sports cheer. To stay somewhat off Ursus’ poop list, FUBeAR will spare the details. Let’s just say, the Sims University Fightin’ Abrahams could very easily be the Team facing UIW tomorrow instead of the Furman University Paladins.

And why do you say FU is used to mean more than the school’s initials? That seems like a YOU problem.

My problem? FUB, you aren't really in denial LOL, it seems I even remember that a former Furman President once outlawed this.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2022, 12:02 PM
Fooball Scoop is reporting that Kinne is staying with UIW through the playoffs.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 12:04 PM
My problem? FUB, you aren't really in denial LOL, it seems I even remember that a former Furman President once outlawed this.
News to FUBeAR.

FUBeAR’s President, the late and GREAT Dr. John E. Johns, his own self, popularized the “FU One Time” cheer and made it part of Furman’s institutional tradition. He is memorialized in the hallway of the Club Level in Paladin Stadium with a series of GIANT captioned photos of him leading the cheers at an FU game.

https://i.postimg.cc/63wSnvvZ/6-EA84867-EB4-C-4031-900-F-0-F00-CBAD3-D2-B.jpg

If you interpret that cheer to mean anything other than Furman University, you need to be looking in your own heart for a purity issue.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 12:05 PM
Fooball Scoop is reporting that Kinne is staying with UIW through the playoffs.
So, for the next 28 hours? Cool.

SU DOG
December 2nd, 2022, 12:37 PM
EXPLICIT Helmet, saying, message of violence in a sneaky way? Must be some other misguided folks besides me. LOL!

Furman Football Sends Clear Message To Opponents With Explicit Helmet (outkick.com) (https://www.outkick.com/furman-paladins-football-helmet-chant-fu-all-the-time-saying/)

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2022, 12:38 PM
ESPN has UIW as 9.5 point favorites.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2022, 12:39 PM
So, for the next 28 hours? Cool.

You might be right. But I think they will run up and down field on you guys.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2022, 12:48 PM

WR Miller?

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 12:51 PM
EXPLICIT Helmet, saying, message of violence in a sneaky way? Must be some other misguided folks besides me. LOL!

Furman Football Sends Clear Message To Opponents With Explicit Helmet (outkick.com) (https://www.outkick.com/furman-paladins-football-helmet-chant-fu-all-the-time-saying/)
Well, yeah…that writer went to Ole Miss (a well-known den of iniquity), majored in journalism (AKA Marxist studies) and has a minor in Anthropology (which FUBeAR believes is like voodoo or something). This is the type of person that thinks like SU DOG.

You may need an Exorcism. Reckon do they have a class in performing those at University of Illustrated Words? You might could hop a flight to San Antonio, watch FU win, stay over, volunteer to be a lab subject for an Exorcism 101 class on Monday and get yourself cleansed…all in one fell swoop of a road trip!

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 12:59 PM

ESPN has UIW as 9.5 point favorites.
Did someone forget to tell both of y’all…

https://gifdb.com/images/high/thanos-snap-bye-felicia-meme-ma73s52t3ias979j.webp

SU DOG
December 2nd, 2022, 01:05 PM
Interesting that the poll is now exactly 50-50 with 41 votes each.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2022, 01:08 PM
Did someone forget to tell both of y’all…

https://gifdb.com/images/high/thanos-snap-bye-felicia-meme-ma73s52t3ias979j.webp
Oh bye, are you not even waiting until after the game for your yearly disappearance?

Taggart
December 2nd, 2022, 01:45 PM

In the immortal words of a former Furman President, it's not my fault that you have a dirty mind.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 01:50 PM
Oh bye, are you not even waiting until after the game for your yearly disappearance?Man, so sorry about that trauma induced decline in cognitive skills leaving you in an obvious state of confusion. Thoughts and prayers, man. Thoughts and prayers.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 03:20 PM
UIW Statement Regarding Head Football Coach GJ Kinne

San Antonio – December 2, 2022 – UIW Head Football Coach GJ Kinne has informed the University of the Incarnate Word that he will be leaving his position at the end of this season to pursue another opportunity. We would like to take this time to thank Coach Kinne for leading one of the most successful seasons in Cardinal football history… a season that is far from over for Coach Kinne and our UIW student-athletes. Kinne will continue to lead the team as the UIW Cardinals look to advance in the FCS playoffs and chase a National Championship. We want to invite all of San Antonio to continue to support our student-athletes as they work to achieve their ultimate goal. Go Cards!

SU DOG
December 2nd, 2022, 03:34 PM
Furman just got another vote 42-41 Furman.

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2022, 03:39 PM
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1598788605501181969

JacksFan40
December 2nd, 2022, 04:32 PM
https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1598788605501181969
That’s gonna be one sad plane ride back. At least they get to enjoy San Antonio, lovely city. Maybe going to the riverwalk will cheer them up after the game.

gofurman
December 2nd, 2022, 04:34 PM
Look. Too much bickering and too few facts for my taste. What we KNOW if Furman is very good, having gone 10-2 and beaten a strong opponent from the CAA already in the playoffs. (no excuses CAA - if Eon can do well in CAA then the CAA ain’t all that or else the SoCon was undervalued)
UIW has absolutely shellacked everyone - except one - and that first score of the year really impresses me. No one should leave this game embarrassed etc regardless outcome or score. NO ONE. Both have had great seasons already.
And no, it DOES NOT prove whether Furman deserves a seed if they win or lose. I get the thought but that is based solely on what you did before the playoffs. Even if UIW KILLS Furman it doesn’t mean Furman didn’t deserve a seed. What you do IN the playoffs (after the fact) is not what determines what you get for your season.
Of course after seeing the articles reg FCS Selection Committee I’m beginning to doubt there is any logic in what they do AT ALL.

OL FU
December 2nd, 2022, 04:50 PM

The cheer is funny and cool because everyone knows it can have a double meeting. I even use it sometimes with double meanings. But honestly when I am at a Furman game I cheer it because it is all about Furman, not **** you.xcoffeex

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2022, 08:03 PM
https://sidekickcomicgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Frank-Frazetta-Death-Dealer-600.jpg

katss07
December 2nd, 2022, 08:19 PM
https://sidekickcomicgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Frank-Frazetta-Death-Dealer-600.jpg
Cool pony.

NDSU1980
December 2nd, 2022, 09:00 PM
So noted, thanks. But I'm still cheering for IW

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 11:50 PM
Cool pony.
https://i.postimg.cc/T3wg6tfY/BB59-DE36-25-CE-4235-A148-6154-EA6-AFE0-F.jpg

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2022, 11:53 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/QC8VqMMx/8-B3-BBEBE-9240-4279-9-B74-9416266978-AB.jpg

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2022, 05:30 AM
Beat the Furwomen!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2022, 05:44 AM
UIW passes for 383 yards/game and Furman gives up 262/game (111/123 FCS).....UIW rolls!

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2022, 05:44 AM
Beat the Furwomen!
Singular, non-definitive, though hackneyed, is good for a slight smile.

As structured here, it is incorrect from a grammatical number perspective; thus just goofy. And, it’s always sexist.

Do better. Speaking of better…you better hope your bizuns are more on point today than your attempt at humor. GO GRIZ!

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2022, 07:47 AM
Furman will be wearing All White, including the famous <F> white hats, so we all know which Team is the Good Guys in this Texas shootout…
https://twitter.com/uiwfootball/status/1598887792095813632
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcaKVErakAMMLgn?format=jpg&name=small

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2022, 09:17 AM
https://twitter.com/paladinfootball/status/1599043256943226881

F'N Hawks
December 3rd, 2022, 09:35 AM
Word is a 9 pt favorite this morning. Surprised a bit

TribeNomad1
December 3rd, 2022, 09:37 AM
Cameo song played anytime in that stadium? Too urban for the Catholic crowd?

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2022, 10:00 AM
Cameo song played anytime in that stadium? Too urban for the Catholic crowd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA

FUGameBreaker
December 3rd, 2022, 10:18 AM
NDSU fans pulling harder for Incarnate than NDSU xlolxxlolxxlolx

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xl5QdxfNonh3q/giphy.gif

NDSU1980
December 3rd, 2022, 10:24 AM
Furman will be wearing All White, including the famous <F> white hats, so we all know which Team is the Good Guys in this Texas shootout…
https://twitter.com/uiwfootball/status/1598887792095813632
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcaKVErakAMMLgn?format=jpg&name=small
At NDSU we refer to all white uni's as "Surrender Whites".

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:05 PM
Paladin pick 6 to start the game!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2022, 01:14 PM
UWI responds! Great pass and catch!!

Bison56
What a pass. All tied up.

katss07
Tie game, but what a play by Lindsey Scott!

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 01:27 PM
UIW takes the lead on a Deep Post shot

Go Lehigh TU owl
Cardinals strike again!

14-7

F'N Hawks
#36 trying to cover anybody is going to be an issue for furburger today. My lord is he slow.

Terrierific
December 3rd, 2022, 01:33 PM
I guess the refs aren't even going to call egregious holding on UIW. Furman has no chance if that continues to be the case.

The Cats
December 3rd, 2022, 01:46 PM
17-14 Furman, end of 1st qtr.

katss07
December 3rd, 2022, 01:52 PM
UIW back up 21-17

Terrierific
December 3rd, 2022, 02:01 PM
Refs love UIW

katss07
December 3rd, 2022, 02:18 PM
lol that was a fumble Furman is so damn lucky and they’re still going to be put away by halftime

Terrierific
December 3rd, 2022, 02:20 PM
Another missed pass interference against UIW

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 02:21 PM
Refs love UIW
Not as much as SoCon fans love excuses.

gofurman
UIW HOLDS a LOT on recvrs. These HOLDS by UIW on Furman receivers are just horrible. And they don’t call it. Even the annouNcers are starting to talk about it !!!!!!!!!

Terrierific
Furman DBs need to start grabbing receivers jerseys since the refs don't think that's a foul

gofurman
December 3rd, 2022, 02:24 PM
Not as much as SoCon fans love excuses.
Cmon man. I’m objective. These are HUGE HOLDS on Furman receivers. The ESPN guys are talking about it now too. The ESPN guys aren’t So on guys

look UIW may kill us. I’m objective. Great by them if they do. . But they DEFINITELY HOLD receivers. And some on the line. I’ve been watching a LOT of Jersey pulling by UIW

it’s not in a bubble. And you never know how a game progresses if they call, that stuff. Maybe Furman scores and it’s close. But they just keep letting UIW hold.

F'N Hawks
December 3rd, 2022, 02:25 PM
UIW has 400 yards and its not even halftime.

deez_na
December 3rd, 2022, 02:27 PM
UIW killing The title favorites. 400 yards of offense with 5 left in 2nd? Holy crap

Utgrizfan
Who would have thought a Furman fan made me want to root for UIW

katss07
UIW has 400 yards and its not even halftime.
And Scott had his worst quarter of the season, literally gifted them 14 points. Kinne’s offense is a machine.

F'N Hawks
December 3rd, 2022, 02:29 PM
And Scott had his worst quarter of the season, literally gifted them 14 points. Kinne’s offense is a machine.

No doubt, very impressive

Terrierific
December 3rd, 2022, 02:32 PM
Nice spot xthumbsupx

NDSU1980
December 3rd, 2022, 02:46 PM

^^^^^This. I'd even cheer for und against Furman.

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 02:49 PM
I was already cheering for UIW because I like seeing some new teams have playoff success, but the SoCon trolls have solidified UIW as my second favorite FCS team.

gofurman
December 3rd, 2022, 02:54 PM
No doubt, very impressive

they are impressive. They are. See how nice and objective Furman people are??? Let’s see who else can be…. I’ll be looking

But they have players we CANNOT recruit. As the announcers even mentioned- Furman takes few transfers. We have about less than 7 that contribute at all. And ours are from Presbyterian and Lehigh. Not Last Chance U (that’s what ESPN even calls where the UIW QB came through. May be a super guy but we DO NOT recruit community colleges or JUCO. THATS A FACT. it’s not a fair fight. UIW can recruit ANYONE. We can’t look at half these kids. Need a 1150/1200 SAT minimum at Furman to play football. And only a few of these

Think of it this way. Since Furman can’t recruit the UIW QB ( don’t take community college despite I hear he has good grades. Glad to hear that).. how much more even would this game be if you took the UIW QB off their team? Hmm. THATS A GAME CHANGER. Furman could win. But hey. UIW allows recruiting of him. We don’t.

so cmon.

again UIW looks great on O. Amazing. Problems they have that will catch them eventually. . They can’t kickoff to end zone. Too many penalties. I mean they run this pace all the time but keep having pre-snap penalties AT HOME

katss07
December 3rd, 2022, 02:57 PM
Furman ain’t winning on the field but they sure are winning in the classroom!

gofurman
December 3rd, 2022, 02:58 PM
I was already cheering for UIW because I like seeing some new teams have playoff success, but the SoCon trolls have solidified UIW as my second favorite FCS team.

don’t let one/two guys change your view. Furman is a classy program. Big time. But we all have fans who aren’t the best

EVERY TEAM has em. And it’s unfortunate. Guys who spout a bunch of junk. I know

- - - Updated - - -

and which is more important??? We ALL know the correct answer.

amazing anyone thinks football is more important. A I bet NO UIW player makes what a former Furman player makes. Billy Napier - Furman QB - now makes over 7 MILLION coaching Florida.

Please name a former incarnate word player making more than 7 MILLION a year ???????? You cant

also, as a coach, Napier can make that for YEARS. Players are done by 30 yrs old usually. You can coach for years.

Furman. Better in classroom. Better in MONEY. Money talks. BS walks. Our school is known for for producing lawyers and Dr.s.

this game wont matter 11 days from now. It doesn’t. Your career. MONEY. That matters forever. Take your pick. Lose this week or next. Whatever. No one cares. It’s FCS football which is worthless.

MONEY. Career it’s all Furman. ALL FURMAN. Our Charlotte Christmas party is at an alumni house worth 3.7 million

money talks. BS walks

katss07
December 3rd, 2022, 03:02 PM
What an effort by Cooper!

JacksFan40
December 3rd, 2022, 03:05 PM
don’t let one/two guys change your view. Furman is a classy program. Big time. But we all have fans who aren’t the best

EVERY TEAM has em. And it’s unfortunate. Guys who spout a bunch of junk. I know

- - - Updated - - -

and which is more important???
I don’t doubt that the vast majority of Furman (and SoCon fans in general) are great people and a very good fan base. It’s just the select few who tarnish that reputation.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2022, 03:08 PM

....this....

gofurman
December 3rd, 2022, 03:08 PM
I don’t doubt that the vast majority of Furman (and SoCon fans in general) are great people and a very good fan base. It’s just the select few who tarnish that reputation.

agree.

I hate that the body slams are “too much”. That was NASTY

kdinva
December 3rd, 2022, 03:10 PM
......DO NOT recruit community colleges or JUCO. THATS A FACT. it’s not a fair fight.

VMI can but no 20 year old wants to be treated like the 18 year olds as New Cadets.....VMI's starting QB for the 1981 winning season was a JUCO guy (Kelly Raber), he went thru the Rat Line, took mostly 200 level classes....turned out fine.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 03:11 PM

The same can be said for EVERY fanbase.

Dewey