PDA

View Full Version : College game day

appstate38
October 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM
With the playoffs right around the corner and with probably one of the strongest fields ever, I think it would be proper to have a college game day broadcast from one the home sites.

Yes I know it won't happen and plus Corso and Herbie wouldn't reduce themselves to our level, I still think it would be cool though. Especially since the FCS has beaten so many of the FBS schools.xdeadhorsex

yosef1969
October 30th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I know you said it too but it ain't never gonna happen. Herbie is as anti-FCS as they come.

813Jag
October 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
If they can come to the Bayou Classic they can go anywhere. It just depends on the matchup and what FBS games are played that weekend.

Franks Tanks
October 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM
They have been to FCS games in the past. The problem is that late in the year there are typically a lot of big games for them to attend. You have games like Texas - Texas A & M, USC- UCLA, Army-Navy (which they have been at several times) and the conference championship games. All of these games are so late to attract enhanced media attention, and they do so. They would probaly go to a Harvard-Yale game or a playoff game at Montana, but there are just so many big games at this time it makes the chances small.

JDC325
October 30th, 2007, 04:41 PM
With the playoffs right around the corner and with probably one of the strongest fields ever, I think it would be proper to have a college game day broadcast from one the home sites.

Yes I know it won't happen and plus Corso and Herbie wouldn't reduce themselves to our level, I still think it would be cool though. Especially since the FCS has beaten so many of the FBS schools.xdeadhorsex

It aint close.

Go...gate
October 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM
They have been to FCS games in the past. The problem is that late in the year there are typically a lot of big games for them to attend. You have games like Texas - Texas A & M, USC- UCLA, Army-Navy (which they have been at several times) and the conference championship games. All of these games are so late to attract enhanced media attention, and they do so. They would probaly go to a Harvard-Yale game or a playoff game at Montana, but there are just so many big games at this time it makes the chances small.

They did Penn-Harvard a couple years ago.

Zoo
October 30th, 2007, 05:26 PM
They did Penn-Harvard a couple years ago.

Did they really?

Anyone have a list of when they came to and FCS school's campus?

I'd love for them to come to Montana or Appalachian State, two of some of the finest game day experiences in all of the FCS.

crunifan
October 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM
A UNI-Montana match-up in the Dome would be a dandy!

Franks Tanks
October 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Did they really?

Anyone have a list of when they came to and FCS school's campus?

I'd love for them to come to Montana or Appalachian State, two of some of the finest game day experiences in all of the FCS.

They did Penn Harvard in 2002 at Franklin Field. Also did the Bayou classic as mentioned previously, but not sure what year that was. That is all I believe.

813Jag
October 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
They did Penn Harvard in 2002 at Franklin Field. Also did the Bayou classic as mentioned previously, but not sure what year that was. That is all I believe.
That was in 2005.

brownbear
October 30th, 2007, 10:24 PM
When they did the Bayou Classic, it was after Hurricane Katrina, and the game was in Houston.

They almost definitely won't go to a game before the FBS regular season ends after the conference championship games. After that, they could still go to the FCS semifinals somewhere and/or the championship game in Chattanooga

Retro
October 30th, 2007, 10:46 PM
In 2002, they were scheduled to go to Natchitoches, LA for the Northwestern State / McNeese game.. At that time Mcneese was #1 and NWST was #2 the week prior, however NWST lost in an upset at Jacksonville state the week before, so they cancelled and went somewhere else.. xbawlingx

The reason they chose that game was of course #1 and #2 and there were no other big ranked matchups that week in I-A and i think NWST had ask them to come if the situation panned out.

JaxSinfonian
November 1st, 2007, 07:40 PM
In 2002, they were scheduled to go to Natchitoches, LA for the Northwestern State / McNeese game.. At that time Mcneese was #1 and NWST was #2 the week prior, however NWST lost in an upset at Jacksonville state the week before, so they cancelled and went somewhere else.. xbawlingx

Thanks for reminding me of that. Also enjoyed JSU's win over #10 NW St. in 2000. If only we could have chalked up a win against McNeese during our SFL days ...

YaleFootballFan
November 1st, 2007, 08:31 PM

The folks over at ESPN College Game Day inquired about being at last year's Yale/Princeton game in New Haven, but decided to go elsewhere (forgot where).

appfan2008
November 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
I doubt we will have gameday coming to any school like montana or uni or asu anytime soon unfortunately

UMass922
November 1st, 2007, 09:51 PM
If Harvard and Yale both make it to the Big Game undefeated in Ivy play, one would think that would be a great choice . . . but there are probably a ton of big FBS rivalry games that weekend, so it's not likely to stand a chance.

kardplayer
November 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
If Harvard and Yale both make it to the Big Game undefeated in Ivy play, one would think that would be a great choice . . . but there are probably a ton of big FBS rivalry games that weekend, so it's not likely to stand a chance.

That's the last Saturday before Thanksgiving, so there are a ton of FBS games, its "Rivalry Saturday"...

UMass922
November 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
That's the last Saturday before Thanksgiving, so there are a ton of FBS games, its "Rivalry Saturday"...

So they'll probably go the predictable route and do OSU-Michigan, especially if the Buckeyes are still ranked #1.

GolfingGriz
November 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
If they came to the brawl of the wild when it was in missoula they wouldn't be disappointed. They probably never would. Being more realistic(and less of a homer) i think that a harvard yale game would be sweet.

crunifan
November 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Game Day does crazy things to towns. It was complete madness in Iowa City last year for the match up of Ohio State and Iowa.

It would be pretty amazing to be able to see that enviornment recreated in one of our schools.

KiddBrewer
November 1st, 2007, 10:53 PM
i dont want the dang sorry haters......they can stay up there where they are at. all they would do if they came would be talk about the other games, prolly wouldnt say 2 words about the game that they were at. ha it would be funny to see all the anti herbstreit signs tho, i know id have one.

BearsCountry
November 2nd, 2007, 01:56 AM
Carbondale is getting Game Day, whoops wrong sport.

skinny_uncle
November 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Carbondale is getting Game Day, whoops wrong sport.

Yep. It's basketball. They are broadcasting the SIU-Creighton game January 26.

EmeryZach
November 2nd, 2007, 09:35 AM
F#*k College Game Day and those stuck up as*#oles. We don't need them. If CSTV was smart they would start having a show like that but only at FCS games.

UMass922
November 2nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
I wonder if a Delaware-Delaware State first-round playoff game in Newark would be a possibility--likelier than Harvard-Yale, anyway, since the weekend after Thanksgiving is much less busy FBS-wise than the one prior.

It's still wishful thinking, of course.