PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Blue Hens... Kudos!!!

mikebigg
October 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I've been watching the CSTV replay of the Grambling vs TxSU game...last night, I got the chance to check out Delaware vs Navy. OK!!!!!! I am impressed with your squad...I've only seen App State's game against Michigan, but if there's more teams like Delaware in the FCS playoffs...wow, it's gonna be a doozy!

In previous years, I have expressed an interest in seeing Grambling play Delaware during the regular season. Is Flacco and Cuff leaving after this year? If not...give us a call after those two are gone. Not that they're all yall got, but those two would be hard to handle. Man, how in the hell did Pitt let that kid leave. He's better than what they have...but that's right, the kid who's with the Saints was there last year. Still, I would have tried to keep this Flacco kid if anyway possible. xthumbsupx

813Jag
October 30th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I've been watching the CSTV replay of the Grambling vs TxSU game...last night, I got the chance to check out Delaware vs Navy. OK!!!!!! I am impressed with your squad...I've only seen App State's game against Michigan, but if there's more teams like Delaware in the FCS playoffs...wow, it's gonna be a doozy!

In previous years, I have expressed an interest in seeing Grambling play Delaware during the regular season. Is Flacco and Cuff leaving after this year? If not...give us a call after those two are gone. Not that they're all yall got, but those two would be hard to handle. Man, how in the hell did Pitt let that kid leave. He's better than what they have...but that's right, the kid who's with the Saints was there last year. Still, I would have tried to keep this Flacco kid if anyway possible. xthumbsupx
To top it off they said that Cuff was a DB first. Is that true? He can definitely carry the ball. I always look out for the Hens because of their colors. xthumbsupx I'm still upset that my wife didn't want to drive to Newark from Wilmington when we were on vacation a couple of years ago. xnonono2x xlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
October 30th, 2007, 08:28 AM
To top it off they said that Cuff was a DB first. Is that true? He can definitely carry the ball. I always look out for the Hens because of their colors. xthumbsupx I'm still upset that my wife didn't want to drive to Newark from Wilmington when we were on vacation a couple of years ago. xnonono2x xlolx

Cuff did start off as a DB and was only forced into the RB role due to a bunch of injuries at that position his redshirt frosh year. Funny how these things work out sometimes.

Secondly, you went to Wilmington, DE on vacation? xconfusedx :p

D1B
October 30th, 2007, 08:31 AM
xthumbsupx Blue Hens! Very impressive, great offense, Cuff is awesome.

Defensexconfusedx

813Jag
October 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Cuff did start off as a DB and was only forced into the RB role due to a bunch of injuries at that position his redshirt frosh year. Funny how these things work out sometimes.

Secondly, you went to Wilmington, DE on vacation? xconfusedx :p
It is funny how things pan out in football. We went to Philly and drove down to Wilmington.

henfan
October 30th, 2007, 08:37 AM
In previous years, I have expressed an interest in seeing Grambling play Delaware during the regular season.

Hey, Mike.

That series would be a great thing. The Hens still owe the G-Men one for the defensive clinic they put on them in that '73 Boardwalk Bowl. Given both schools current scheduling situations, it's very unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future. GSU's name often pops up whenever UD fans are polled on which noncon FCS teams they'd like to play.

Flacco & Cuff are both seniors and, with any luck, should be moving on to another level next year.

henfan
October 30th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Defensexconfusedx

Just a reminder, that was the #1 offense IN THE FBS that UD just faced. Looking at the comparative stats vs. the other teams USNA faced this season, UD was right there with them.

mikebigg
October 30th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Hey, Mike.

That series would be a great thing. The Hens still owe the G-Men one for the defensive clinic they put on them in that '73 Boardwalk Bowl. Given both schools current scheduling situations, it's very unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future. GSU's name often pops up whenever UD fans are polled on which noncon FCS teams they'd like to play.

Flacco & Cuff are both seniors and, with any luck, should be moving on to another level next year.

Cuff is kinda smallish for an NFL back, but he definitely can run the rock. Flacco really is impressive...he has an NFL arm and NFL size.

We are okay defensively now, but nobody like on that 73 squad. Gary "Big Hands" Johnson (Chargers) was at DT, Robert Pennywell (Falcons) was at LB, James Hunter (Lions) was at Safety... Plus current Receivers coach, Sammie White, was starting on that team as a sophomore wingback.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs...unless yall draw McNeese.

GannonFan
October 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Dude, I''d love to play Grambling in a home and home - one game in Newark and one game wherever Grambling wants to play it. Got the history of the two programs, the rematch of that 70's playoff game - it'd be a great thing. xthumbsupx

RadMann
October 30th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I'd really like a series between GSU and UD as well. The programs each have a really fine history at this level, with one of the top college football coaches of all time coming from Grambling (Coach Robinson). I always felt the same way about Coach Kidd at EKU, another coaching legend at this level. It was cool that UD was able to face both coaches during the Tubby era.

89Hen
October 30th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cuff is kinda smallish for an NFL back, but he definitely can run the rock.
FWIW, very many comparisons between Cuff and Brian Westbrook IMO (relax nova fans, not saying Cuff is better or even as good... but it's close :p ).

Per game averages...

Cuff - 101 yars rushing, 29 receiving and 1.82 TD's
Westbrook - 93 yards rushing, 56 receiving and 1.83 TD's

Of course Westbrook had all the return yardage, but I'm glad we didn't use Cuff that way.

mikebigg
October 30th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I guess this qb is the guy that Wannstedt didn't want to release from the scholarship... I see why? This guy can play!!!!!

blukeys
October 30th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I'd really like a series between GSU and UD as well. The programs each have a really fine history at this level, with one of the top college football coaches of all time coming from Grambling (Coach Robinson). I always felt the same way about Coach Kidd at EKU, another coaching legend at this level. It was cool that UD was able to face both coaches during the Tubby era.

Radman,

As you know Coach Robinson was a big admirer of UD and Dave Nelson. Under Robinson, GSU ran the wing-T.