PDA

View Full Version : Blaine Morgan out at Lamar

acbearkat
November 22nd, 2022, 10:19 AM
In a move that will make Puddin Tane happy, Blaine Morgan has been fired. That was a disastrous hire that made no sense. Why would Lamar have brought someone in to run a triple option offense when the talent around you isn't conducive to running that kind of offense? Lamar is in one of the most talent-rich regions of the state of Texas in the Golden Triangle region and the Houston area is nearby.

Lamar announces head coaching change - Footballscoop (https://footballscoop.com/news/lamar-dismisses-head-coach-blane-morgan)

katss07
November 22nd, 2022, 10:27 AM
Should go after Matt Viator. ULM canned him last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2022, 10:54 AM
What is the ceiling for Lamar? The location seems conducive to at least quality recruiting but do recruits want to attend Lamar given the numerous instate options?

I met with a Lamar faculty member a few weeks ago about their college of education and came away still wondering what Lamar's place is within the state of Texas. The campus seems shoehorned between a massive refinery and tidal wetlands, so beyond that?

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2022, 11:11 AM
What is the ceiling for Lamar? The location seems conducive to at least quality recruiting but do recruits want to attend Lamar given the numerous instate options?

I met with a Lamar faculty member a few weeks ago about their college of education and came away still wondering what Lamar's place is within the state of Texas. The campus seems shoehorned between a massive refinery and tidal wetlands, so beyond that?

I think Lamar has the potential to be an FCS power in football. They have a nice stadium, they have a lot of oil and refinery money, and it is a fertile recruiting ground. I have never understood how they have continuously failed to succeed. All the pieces are there. I read on their forum that they have a new president that came from Marshall. They are hoping that he prioritizes athletics more than previous administrations. The firing of Morgan is a good sign.

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2022, 11:38 AM
Should go after Matt Viator. ULM canned him last year.

I doubt Matt would be interested in trying to rebuild that program. He is an offensivve analyst at ULL and probably quite comfortable there along with his tenure in the Louisiana academic retirement system. But you never know.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2022, 10:44 PM
Other than Beaumont being French for %@%! hole, they have plenty of resources, great facilities and located in a hotbed of talent. They pay pretty well, but for whatever reason, have made questionable hires in all sports. The right guy could turn them around quickly, if not next year. They should never be bad in anything.

katss07
November 28th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Anything new? Rumors?