PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Portal Activity

Pages : [1] 2

Sundog
November 21st, 2022, 06:44 PM
In the past few days, 4 current NDSU players (3 of whom saw significant snaps this year) have announced that they're entering the transfer portal. Their timing means that they will not be participating in the upcoming playoffs. Any other FCS schools seeing similar developoments? I personally have mixed feelings about this... their careers/best interests vs. loyalty to their program and their teammates.

ElCid
November 21st, 2022, 06:52 PM
In the past few days, 4 current NDSU players (3 of whom saw significant snaps this year) have announced that they're entering the transfer portal. Their timing means that they will not be participating in the upcoming playoffs. Any other FCS schools seeing similar developoments? I personally have mixed feelings about this... their careers/best interests vs. loyalty to their program and their teammates.

Impact players? Might affect my pick 'em scores. Hah.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2022, 06:57 PM

impact players means different things to different people

Tribal
November 21st, 2022, 09:01 PM
We lost key and not-so-key players to the transfer portal. I try to view it as the player’s dad….whatever reason I support the player’s decision. We lost a die-hard starting Tribe RB to Monmouth. I’ll just say “good luck” to him and I prefer the 4 RBs we have who want to compete for playing time. Our TE transferred to Clemson. He did well but there’s an old saying, “fake grass is always green.” NDSU has plenty of guys who love the school and want to compete. You’ll be fine…the transfer portal is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2022, 10:06 PM
The 4 were CB Marques Sigle, WR DJ Hart, RB Dom Gonnella, and CB Britton Pascoe.

Sigle was their #3 CB but had played really well - only reason he wasn't starting is they have 2 established starters already. Hart was probably either their #2 or #3 receiver in terms of snaps and, IMO, was their most dynamic WR. Gonnella was their #4 RB (moved up to #3 with the injury to Hunter Leupke) but in NDSU's offense that does get you some decent carries - they have ridiculous depth at RB though. Pascoe was a redshirt freshman who hadn't appeared in a game yet this year I don't think so he is probably just looking for somewhere he can get more playing time.

Losing Sigle and Hart hurts. Losing Gonella is unfortunate but pretty minimal impact IMO. Losing Pascoe has no impact on this season.

I mentioned it in the MVFC thread but I'm pretty sure the reason these guys are heading to the portal now is the early signing period in mid-December is when the majority of FBS scholarships are locked up so if they wait until after the playoffs they're potentially losing opportunities. If they'd make the early signing period actually early like in August FCS teams would be able to avoid a lot of these situations happening during the playoffs I'd think (not to mention the coaching churn that tends to happen this time of year for the same reason of trying to beat the early signing period).

Libertine
November 21st, 2022, 10:19 PM
If they'd make the early signing period actually early like in August FCS teams would be able to avoid a lot of these situations happening during the playoffs I'd think (not to mention the coaching churn that tends to happen this time of year for the same reason of trying to beat the early signing period).

I get the frustration but moving early signing to August will never get any traction. That's prior to the start of the player's senior season, which coaches view -- with very few exceptions -- both as confirmation of a player's value as well as a necessary part of their development. Not to mention that signing a kid to a scholarship prior to the start of their senior year is illegal under current NCAA rules and changing those rules would open up a simply massive can of worms that would be virtually impossible to regulate.

SFA 93
November 22nd, 2022, 07:37 AM
LB: BREVIN RANDLE 6-0; 230 (SFA)
GP:37;TKL:184;TFL:12.0;SCK:3.0;FF:2;FR:2;PD:1;INT: 2;TD:1

- PLAYED IN 4 GAMES AND THEN SAT OUT THE REST OF THE SEASON TO ENTER THE PORTAL WITH 2 YEARS REMAINING (2022)
- 1ST TEAM ALL-WAC (2021)
- 1ST TEAM ALL-SLC/SLC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (2020)

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2022, 07:51 AM
I get the frustration but moving early signing to August will never get any traction. That's prior to the start of the player's senior season, which coaches view -- with very few exceptions -- both as confirmation of a player's value as well as a necessary part of their development. Not to mention that signing a kid to a scholarship prior to the start of their senior year is illegal under current NCAA rules and changing those rules would open up a simply massive can of worms that would be virtually impossible to regulate.
The majority of guys who commit to FBS schools and top FCS schools are offered and verbally committed well before their senior season starts. As far as needing them to be seniors move it to 9/15 or 10/1 then. They do it in basketball with an early signing period 4-5 months before the late signing period.

Or just get rid of the early signing period altogether... I was all for it at first just because the Nick Sabans of the world were against it so I thought it must be good for the littler guys but I didn't anticipate it causing this cluster**** of player and coach movement in late November/early December that would be so disruptive to the FCS playoffs.

jacksfan29!
November 22nd, 2022, 08:02 AM

Dom Izzo posted the timeline on transfers. This is on the NCAA who wrote the rules. The window opens now and runs to January 5, 3 days before the FCS title game, 4 days prior to the FBS title game. The three from NDSU, if they intended to transfer had no real choice but to announce now.

jadmt
November 22nd, 2022, 09:38 AM
UM griz lost Marcus Knight last week to the portal. He was projected to be big sky all conference RB but had been dealing with an injury and just never came back the way people hoped he would. I think he knew he was no longer going to be a starter and must have decided time to move on.

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2022, 09:43 AM
UND had two true freshman enter portal yesterday. One walk on, other was scholly DL.

acbearkat
November 22nd, 2022, 10:35 AM
The transfer portal window opens back up on December 5. More and more players will be announcing they will be entering the transfer portal.

Libertine
November 22nd, 2022, 10:45 AM
The majority of top guys in their school's recruiting class and who typically get the most press who commit to FBS schools and top FCS schools are offered and verbally committed well before their senior season starts.

I took the liberty of adjusting your quote to reflect the broader truth. Also -- and I know this sounds unethical but it's the way college recruiting works in the real world -- just because a college offers a kid and he commits to that school does not mean the school is under any obligation to "accept" his commitment. Particularly now that the transfer portal exists, college programs often find themselves in a position where their roster needs can change overnight when they lose transfers or an unexpected transfer player who's more ready to contribute immediately can become available to them. This means that schools simply can't afford to just welcome any offered prospect that agrees to come even though the school definitely invited them.
I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here that, more than any other sport, the longevity of a college football program is built less on star players and more on the overall quality of the depth chart. As a result, that high school senior year of development becomes more important than ever, both for borderline scholarship players as well as for programs who are trying to make hard choices between this kid or that kid as they build their roster.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2022, 11:53 AM
I took the liberty of adjusting your quote to reflect the broader truth. Also -- and I know this sounds unethical but it's the way college recruiting works in the real world -- just because a college offers a kid and he commits to that school does not mean the school is under any obligation to "accept" his commitment. Particularly now that the transfer portal exists, college programs often find themselves in a position where their roster needs can change overnight when they lose transfers or an unexpected transfer player who's more ready to contribute immediately can become available to them. This means that schools simply can't afford to just welcome any offered prospect that agrees to come even though the school definitely invited them.
I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here that, more than any other sport, the longevity of a college football program is built less on star players and more on the overall quality of the depth chart. As a result, that high school senior year of development becomes more important than ever, both for borderline scholarship players as well as for programs who are trying to make hard choices between this kid or that kid as they build their roster.
The only school I follow closely in terms of recruiting is NDSU and they've had at least 15-20 verbals by the end of August every year for a while now. Maybe they're different from the norm but I doubt it since they're nowhere near the top of the recruiting food chain amd I see plenty of guys they target/offer committing to FBS schools in June/July/August. It's not like they're going after stars either, we're talking about 3 star guys tops but plenty of 2 stars and no stars as well. It seems like the summer camp circuit is more important for most of these recruits now than their senior season is.

I know NDSU coaches have spent the majority of their recruiting effort these last 3 months recruiting guys already committed to NDSU. I'm sure they'd love the opportunity to sign these kids 2-3 months earlier than they are. Likewise it seems like many recruits want to get their verbal commitment taken care of before their season starts so they can focus on football/school and not recruiting. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who develop a ton their senior seasons but those late bloomers have honestly already missed the "offer bus" if they flopped at summer camps so they probably will have limited options anyway.

Regardless, either have an early signing period or don't but if it's early make it actually early instead of this quasi-early signing period that messes with postseasons for teams still playing in December for FCS and FBS.

PaladinNation
November 22nd, 2022, 12:33 PM
Adding on to ProfChaos comments.

Furman has a big Junior Day invite tied to the Spring Game. It gets a lot of attendance from all over not just the south.
Add in Furman's camps, position camps QB/WR/OL/DL, and elite camps (by special invite).
Furman does make offers based on camp performance but my guess is the coaches have a good idea who they want to offer early.
In Furman's case I'd say 80% of a recruiting class is locked up before the high school season starts.

Not sure about other schools but Furman has made PWO offers a priority. This effort is paying off this season.

Concerning transfers—I would call Furman's first class of players transferring into the program a success.

The other effort Furman appears to be making a priority is finding ways (programs, degrees) to keep players from graduating early. That is probably the biggest issue Furman has faced recently.

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2022, 07:13 AM
WR ANDREW ARMSTRONG 6-6; 190 (So.) Texas A&M - Commerce
2022 - 62 catches 1,020 yards, 13 td's (77 catches 1,317 yards 16 td's for career)

Professor
November 23rd, 2022, 08:23 AM
read that it's 1700 football players already in the portal

Puddin Tane
November 23rd, 2022, 11:55 AM
Where y’all get this info? I hear LU has a bunch in portal, only way i find em is blindly searching twitter

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2022, 11:57 AM
Where y’all get this info? I hear LU has a bunch in portal, only way i find em is blindly searching twitter
One source … https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/2023-fcs-transfer-portal-tracker

Adrian Owens (LB) — Lamar
Austin Goffney (DB) — Lamar
Ayden Bell (DL) — Lamar
Bo Baker (WR) — Lamar
Carter Murray (OL) — Lamar
Colby Sessums (K) — Lamar
Damashja Harris (RB) — Lamar
Jacob Bayer (OL) — Lamar
Luke Wallis (LS) — Lamar
Nick Yockey (QB) — Lamar
Tyrique Carter (WR) — Lamar
Tyler Jackson (LB) — Lamar

MUMD
November 23rd, 2022, 01:51 PM
One source … https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/2023-fcs-transfer-portal-tracker

Ayden Bell (DL) — Lamar
Bo Baker (WR) — Lamar
Jacob Bayer (OL) — Lamar
Luke Wallis (LS) — Lamar
Nick Yockey (QB) — Lamar

Thanks for this. Looks like it needs updating but holy smokes VMI and Wagner have a lot on there already.

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2022, 02:00 PM
read that it's 1700 football players already in the portal
I don't think any fans should look at this number as any indication that something is wrong at their school.

This is the first year that the extra Covid eligibility season is going to start hitting college football super hard. There a ton of redshirt sophomores at universities around the country that already have degrees, and don't really have a lot of options at their current schools.

bonarae
November 23rd, 2022, 04:38 PM
Not surprising to see many Ivy League alumni on the list given by the Mercer fan. Once they graduate, they have nowhere to go but out (i.e. transfer to FBS programs, professional schools -- ending their playing careers in the process, or straight to the NFL/CFL.)

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2022, 05:13 PM
Not surprising to see many Ivy League alumni on the list given by the Mercer fan. Once they graduate, they have nowhere to go but out (i.e. transfer to FBS programs, professional schools -- ending their playing careers in the process, or straight to the NFL/CFL.)
*Furman AND Mercer fan (couldn’t let this go with the Paladins in the Playoffs right now)

Sundog
November 23rd, 2022, 05:33 PM
Thanks for this. Looks like it needs updating but holy smokes VMI and Wagner have a lot on there already.

What's going on at Lamar and Wagner? VMI had a coaching change. The others seem like a lot more than "normal" attrition.

Puddin Tane
November 23rd, 2022, 05:38 PM
What's going on at Lamar and Wagner? VMI had a coaching change. The others seem like a lot more than "normal" attrition.

coaching change at Lamar

ElCid
November 23rd, 2022, 07:01 PM

I think some of the VMI might be grads studs. Since VMI no post grad program it might be quite a few graduating players. Kdinva will have to chime in.

Tribal
November 23rd, 2022, 07:14 PM
Ivy transfers are common as they look for grad programs

Libertine
November 23rd, 2022, 07:36 PM
This is the first year that the extra Covid eligibility season is going to start hitting college football super hard. There a ton of redshirt sophomores at universities around the country that already have degrees, and don't really have a lot of options at their current schools.

Quoted for truth. This year and next year is when teams at all levels are going to be stuck with too many scholarship players and not enough scholarship spots.

SFA 93
November 24th, 2022, 05:32 PM
DB: JA'TERIOUS EVANS 6-2; 205 (SFA)
TKL:92;TFL:3.5;SACKS:1.5;INT:1;PD:6

clenz
November 25th, 2022, 12:50 PM
UNI has been linked to one of the kids from Wagner already.

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2022, 02:05 PM
Spiders have offered Stone Snyder LB from VMI and he is from Richmond area, hope we get him. He is indeed a Senior now, so grad transfer wherever he goes.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2022, 08:28 AM

loyalty toa program is a one way street

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2022, 12:52 PM
Spiders have offered Stone Snyder LB from VMI and he is from Richmond area, hope we get him. He is indeed a Senior now, so grad transfer wherever he goes.
Why would he move down from the SoCon to a CAA Team?

The Cats
November 27th, 2022, 01:01 PM
Why would he move down from the SoCon to a CAA Team?

You make a good point, but he is in the portal.

As a Grad-Transfer, another SoCon team could pick him up...

Sundog
November 27th, 2022, 02:24 PM
loyalty toa program is a one way street

Fair point. I like to assume good faith actions both ways between athletes and institutions.. but I know that's probably naive.

Retro
November 27th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Here’s a link to the portal which shows school from and committed to for FCS and FBS.
https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2023/

uofmman1122
November 27th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Here’s a link to the portal which shows school from and committed to for FCS and FBS.
Small clarification: this isn't the actual transfer portal. This is a news aggregator that takes reported transfer portal news and put it into a nice, aggregated format. If a guy doesn't declare, or his school doesn't put anything out, there's a chance he's not on this site.

You have to be an authorized coach or recruiter in order to get access to the actual portal.

Retro
November 27th, 2022, 10:26 PM
I didn’t imply or mean to imply it was the actual portal, just a site that lays out the information differently.

Go Green
November 28th, 2022, 09:18 AM
Ivy transfers are common as they look for grad programs

You're correct that a good number of Ivy transfers are looking to play while working on a graduate degree.

That said, some Ivy freshmen are in the portal as well.

Should be very interesting to see if they jump ship or are just testing waters...

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2022, 09:33 AM
You're correct that a good number of Ivy transfers are looking to play while working on a graduate degree.

Should be very interesting to see if they jump ship or are just testing waters...
Allowing players to test the waters of the transfer portal and come back is an interesting conundrum. At NDSU once a player enters the portal that bridge is burned and he's done with the program... if I had to guess I think that policy will eventually be changed to allow players (maybe only certain players) to come back (perhaps not on scholarship anymore) if they choose since transferring players will become more and more common.

acbearkat
November 28th, 2022, 10:32 AM
There will be a flurry of activity in the transfer portal coming up soon. It will become crazy here in the next couple of weeks.

clenz
November 28th, 2022, 12:12 PM

UNI offered an Ivy League guy a grad spot

Not sure he can handle the rigors of classes in Cedar Falls but I'd be interested in seeing if he can.

Sundog
November 28th, 2022, 01:18 PM
UNI offered an Ivy League guy a grad spot

Not sure he can handle the rigors of classes in Cedar Falls but I'd be interested in seeing if he can.

Pretty sure CORN 101 is a prerequisite at Harvard.

clenz
November 28th, 2022, 01:59 PM
Pretty sure CORN 101 is a prerequisite at Harvard.
Ag is an Iowa State deal.

Worthless class for UNI.

DEEEEJ
November 28th, 2022, 04:04 PM

Holy cow. Newb question….I just visited that aggregator and saw they have NIL values listed. Does the new university assume that “cost” when bringing in a transfer?

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2022, 05:39 PM
Sacred Heart RB Malik Grant is in the portal

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham WR MJ Wright is in the portal

McNeese75
November 28th, 2022, 08:57 PM
McNeese WR, KR Mason Pierce is in the portal and has offers from Marshall and Indiana.

Go Green
November 29th, 2022, 06:20 AM
If we're talking about offers, Dartmouth's Shane Cokes has offers from Purdue, Wake Forest, Washington State, West Virginia, UConn, UMass, and Coastal Carolina.

Most of those offers materialized withing 24 hours of him entering the portal, which makes it obvious that he had been talking to a lot of programs.

Pretty sure he's gone. Ah, well!

PaladinNation
November 29th, 2022, 07:07 AM
As Furman fans expected… Jace Wilson has entered the portal.
I wish Jace best of luck. With Tyler huff having at least one more season and another highly regarded Quarterback being redshirted, plus a commitment from a California QB, this move makes sense for Jace.

https://twitter.com/jaceHollywood16/status/1597395664706891776

clenz
November 29th, 2022, 08:36 AM
Holy cow. Newb question….I just visited that aggregator and saw they have NIL values listed. Does the new university assume that “cost” when bringing in a transfer?
Universities aren't allowed to touch the NIL. Now most everyone has found ways around it that are still trying to be litigated. At our level, it isn't going to be factored into the cost. At the P5 level? 100% would be.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2022, 10:04 AM
Monmouth QB Muskett to the portal

Bisonoline
November 29th, 2022, 10:34 PM

NIL has nothing to do with the school.

ngineer
November 30th, 2022, 08:19 PM
NIL has nothing to do with the school.

I would say that the NIL IS NOT SUPPOSED to have anything to do with the school. But stories are abounding about athletes being recruited with promises of NIL opportunities. At the moment, a lot of this may be occurring on the fringes with "third parties" speaking to kids' parents, but don't be surprised when some major stuff hits the fan. There are 'agents' out there now working on behalf of athletes trying to put 'packages' together. It is horrible what has become of the collegiate athletic landscape. I've become very jaundiced with the college athletic scene, especially the big "power conferences". NCAA no longer has any relevancy and should be dissolved. We've gone back 100 years to when athletes were being paid and transferring at will. We know the price of everything and the value of nothing...nod to Oscar Wilde.

MUHAWKS
November 30th, 2022, 09:13 PM
I would say that the NIL IS NOT SUPPOSED to have anything to do with the school. But stories are abounding about athletes being recruited with promises of NIL opportunities. At the moment, a lot of this may be occurring on the fringes with "third parties" speaking to kids' parents, but don't be surprised when some major stuff hits the fan. There are 'agents' out there now working on behalf of athletes trying to put 'packages' together. It is horrible what has become of the collegiate athletic landscape. I've become very jaundiced with the college athletic scene, especially the big "power conferences". NCAA no longer has any relevancy and should be dissolved. We've gone back 100 years to when athletes were being paid and transferring at will. We know the price of everything and the value of nothing...nod to Oscar Wilde.

could not agree more! I am not sure about the rest of the people here, but to me, FCS Football was the purest form of sport going. Still sort of big time but with a family feel as well- Just felt pure to me although I am not articulating it well.. This ***** REALLY turns me off, it maks it more like the NBA. Monmouth 1st year in The CAA and we did not exactly do great but we did not suck.. 5-6 with 3 VERY close losses, and we had EVERYONE coming back.. Literally were only losing 2 starters and add to it the first chance to recruit as a member of The CAA (was nout public last recruiting season)..We would have had to get a lot better but with this years performance, a new class, the younger guys developed and 19 starters coming back was something to very much look forward to. Within the last week we have has 6 guys enter the portal including our QB. The others are a very good starting OL, ou starting TE, our all conference punter, our backup RB who used to be a stud (Farri) and a WR. That may now entice others to leave to and Lord forbid Shirden. While some may say it is a testament to Monmouth (***** stadium, no crowd, no tradition) all these kids had bigger offers out of HS, so to leave b/c the season did not go perfect with promises of stardom in FBS just sucks. I hate it. I know I cannot change it, but really makes me lose the passion for it. And I have heard similar about MIL shady stuff as well.

Franks Tanks
November 30th, 2022, 10:26 PM

Agree, and it chaps my ass. The NIL was intended to be used for college athletes to be able to capitalize on NIL like Olympic athletes. If Nike wanted to put Tim Tebow in commercials in 2007 and pay him, makes perfect sense. The dude was massively famous as a college player.

I think 98% of NIL deals are now back door. The player had no intrinsic NIL value. Boosters are pooling money and inducing players to sign, transfer to or stay with programs through bogus NIL deals.

The Cats
December 1st, 2022, 01:10 PM
Here is a list of FCS (https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/fcs) players currently in the transfer portal for the 2023 season.

Abe Schwinn (LB) — Abilene Christian
Grant Miles (TE) — Abilene Christian
Brian Jenkins Jr (WR) — Alabama A&M
Dennis Fisher (DB) — Alabama A&M
Dejuan Hughes (DB) — Alabama A&M
Gary Quarles (RB) — Alabama A&M
Jahkeel Reef (DB) — Alabama A&M
Zachary Alvarez (K) — Alabama A&M
Aubrey Grace (P) — Alabama State
Davonte Webster (LB) — Alabama State
Joe Owens Jr. (QB) — Alabama State
Myles Crawley (QB) — Alabama State
Nathanial Eichner (K) — Alabama State
Rodney Echols Jr. (DB) — Alabama State
Derrick Travis (DB) — Alcorn State
DJ Travis (DB) — Alcorn State
Jayden Barfield (LB) — Alcorn State
Malcolm Magee (DB) — Alcorn State
Kayvon Britten (RB) — Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Nathan Seward (DB) — Arkansas-Pine Bluff
RJ Evans (DL) — Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Drae McCray (WR) — Austin Peay
Caleb Sutherland (DB) — Bethune-Cookman
Davontis Clements (WR) — Bethune-Cookman
Elias De Leon (OL) — Bethune-Cookman
Jaylan Wiley (LS) — Bethune-Cookman
Aidan Gilman (QB) — Brown
Allan Houston III (WR) — Brown
Camden Gagnon (DL) — Brown
Chris Boyle (TE) — Brown
Cooper DeVeau (DB) — Brown
Hayes Sutton (WR) — Brown
Jalen Fisher (DB) — Brown
Josh Ofili (DB) — Brown
Junior Gafa (LB) — Brown
Sean Kelly (DL) — Brown
Wes Rockett (WR) — Brown
Anthony Frederick (WR) — Bryant
Calson Goodwill (DB) — Bryant
David McCain (LS) — Bryant
Dylan Gurule (RB) — Bryant
J.T. Anderson (DB) — Bryant
Jack Daly (DL) — Bryant
Joe Andreessen (LB) — Bryant
Keith Ridley Jr. (QB) — Bryant (Committed to Southern Connecticut State)
Ben Allen (LB) — Bucknell
Brent Jackson (DB) — Bucknell
Connor Holmes (WR) — Bucknell
Gavin Pringle (DB) — Bucknell
Jonathan Searcy (DB) — Bucknell
Thomas Lee (P) — Cal Poly
Danny Armstead (WR) — Central Arkansas
Derek Haupt (OL) — Central Arkansas
Derrick Wise II (RB) — Central Arkansas
Marquez Casey (DL) — Central Arkansas
Myles Kitt-Denton (WR) — Central Arkansas
Tylan Brown (DL) — Central Arkansas
Aidan Clark (P) — Central Connecticut State
Harold Miles III (LB) — Central Connecticut State
Jermaine Williams (DL) — Central Connecticut State
Jonathan Cabral-Martin (DB) — Central Connecticut State
Kyren Petteway (WR) — Central Connecticut State
Noah Washington (LB) — Central Connecticut State
Reese Clarke (DB) — Central Connecticut State
Romello Williams (QB) — Central Connecticut State
Scott Fries (LS) — Central Connecticut State
Tyler Boatwright (DB) — Central Connecticut State
Zibassie Edwards (LB) — Central Connecticut State
Boogsie Silvera (DB) — Charleston Southern
Darius Meeks (OL) — Charleston Southern
JD Moore (RB) — Charleston Southern
Jeremiah McClendon (DB) — Charleston Southern
Jerome Rice III (LB) — Charleston Southern
Kamron Smith (DB) — Charleston Southern
Seth Anderson (WR) — Charleston Southern
Vinson Davis III (WR) — Charleston Southern
KeShawn Toney (TE) — Chattanooga
Tyler Walker (WR) — Chattanooga
Tyree O’Neil (WR) — Chattanooga
Coleman Coco (DL) — Colgate
Garrett Oakey (WR) — Colgate
Jackson Price (DB) — Colgate
Keshaun Dancy Jr (DB) — Colgate
Myles Bradley (WR) — Colgate
Tucker Dunn (LS) — Colgate
Alex Felkins (K) — Columbia
Luke Painton (TE) — Columbia
Matt Klenk (OL) — Columbia
Scott Valentas (LB) — Columbia
William Hamilton (OL) — Columbia
Max Lundeen (DL) — Cornell
Paul Lewis (DB) — Cornell
William Enneking (TE) — Cornell
Jamal Cooney (WR) — Dartmouth
Michael Flores (OL) — Dartmouth
Nick Howard (QB) — Dartmouth
Noah Roper (RB) — Dartmouth
Seth Verilus (DB) — Dartmouth
Shane Cokes (DL) — Dartmouth
Tyron Herring (DB) — Dartmouth
Zack Bair (RB) — Dartmouth
Caden Bonoffski (K) — Davidson
AK Agee (WR) — Dayton
Sam Webster (K) — Dayton
Aman Orlena (OL) — Delaware State
Esaias Guthrie (DB) — Delaware State
Tylik Bethea (QB) — Delaware State
Michael Markett (WR) — Drake
Abdul Janneh (WR) — Duquesne
Chase Diehl (QB) — Duquesne
Rahmon Hart (WR) — Duquesne
Trevor King (WR) — Duquesne
Colin Bohanek (LB) — Eastern Illinois
Dom Shoffner (QB) — Eastern Illinois
Foday Jalloh (LB) — Eastern Illinois
Grant Edwards (DL) — Eastern Illinois
Jaelin Benefield (RB) — Eastern Illinois
Jordan Miles (DL) — Eastern Illinois
Jordan Vincent (DB) — Eastern Illinois
Terrance Shaw (OL) — Eastern Illinois
Tim Varga (DL) — Eastern Illinois
Zach Weir (QB) — Eastern Illinois
Kam Hill (LB) — Eastern Kentucky
Landon Hammock (DL) — Eastern Kentucky
Michael Cosentino (K) — Elon
Michael Purcell (OL) — Elon
Alijah Huzzie (DB) — ETSU
Blake Austin (OL) — ETSU
Chandler Martin (LB) — ETSU
Harold O’Neal III (LB) — ETSU
Mac McCovery IV (RB) — ETSU
Quinn Smith (DB) — ETSU
Skylar Adams (WR) — ETSU
Tavon Matthews (OL) — ETSU
Tyler Keltner (K) — ETSU
Tyler Riddell (QB) — ETSU
Brandon Spencer (DB) — Fordham
DeQuece Carter (WR) — Fordham
MJ Wright (WR) — Fordham
Tom Callahan (LS) — Fordham
Jace Wilson (QB) — Furman
Albert Fleming IV (WR) — Gardner-Webb
Pierce Holley (QB) — Georgetown
Tyler Knoop (QB) — Georgetown
CJ Russell (RB) — Grambling State
Donald Johnson III (WR) — Grambling State
Jalen Thomas (DL) — Grambling State
Romello Watson (OL) — Grambling State
Alec Bank (OL) — Harvard
Alex Washington (DB) — Harvard
Charlie Dean (QB) — Harvard
Jack Bill (WR) — Harvard
Jake Brown (LB) — Harvard
James Herring (DB) — Harvard
Jelani Machen (DB) — Harvard
Kym Wimberly (WR) — Harvard
Mason Williams (OL) — Harvard
Scott Elliott (OL) — Harvard
Sone Ntoh (RB) — Harvard
Truman Jones (DL) — Harvard
Victor Tademy (DB) — Harvard
Caleb Flagg (DB) — Houston Christian University
Christian Hood (OL) — Houston Christian University
Darrion Sherfield (WR) — Houston Christian University
Bryce Miller (LS) — Howard
Brett Tommasini (LB) — Idaho
Caleb Menzel (OL) — Idaho
CJ Jordan (QB) — Idaho
Owen Fa’Amoe (LB) — Idaho
Tuiumi Aiono (DL) — Idaho
Tyler Webb (QB) — Idaho (transferring to Kilgore College)
Zach Borisch (WR) — Idaho
Benjamin Omayebu (WR) — Idaho State
Cameron Minor (DB) — Idaho State
Ja'Maree Boone (DB) — Idaho State
Justice Brusatto (LS) — Idaho State
Mason Harwood (DL) — Idaho State
Myles Amey (DL) — Idaho State
Preston Helu (LB) — Idaho State
Sam Benjamin (DL) — Idaho State
Shane Dailey Jr. (WR) — Idaho State
Tyler Vander Waal (QB) — Idaho State
Xavier Guillory (WR) — Idaho State
Braden Price (DB) — Illinois State
Damien Jackson (LB) — Illinois State
Franky West (DB) — Illinois State
Jabari Khepera (WR) — Illinois State
Jackson Waring (QB) — Illinois State
Jkalon Carter (WR) — Illinois State
TreShawn Watson (WR) — Illinois State
Bilhal Kone (DB) — Indiana State
Aaron McLaughlin (QB) — Jacksonville State
Amon Scarbrough (DB) — Jacksonville State
Brevyn Jones (OL) — Jacksonville State
Cameron Hill (OL) — Jacksonville State
Kade Parker (TE) — Jacksonville State
CJ Parker (WR) — Kennesaw State
Javan Singletary (DB) — Kennesaw State
Jeremiah Compton (DB) — Kennesaw State
Jaden Sutton (RB) — Lafayette
Jordan Hull (WR) — Lafayette
Joseph Gillette (WR) — Lafayette
Julius Young (WR) — Lafayette
Jyaire Stevens (LB) — Lafayette
Marco Olivas (LB) — Lafayette
Robby Mandel (OL) — Lafayette
Ayden Bell (DL) — Lamar
Bo Baker (WR) — Lamar
Jacob Bayer (OL) — Lamar
Luke Wallis (LS) — Lamar
Nick Yockey (QB) — Lamar
Damien Brown (RB) — Lehigh
Ian O’Connor (TE) — Lehigh
Jaden Wimberly (WR) — Lehigh
Jalen Burbage (WR) — Lehigh
John Foley (WR) — Lehigh
Mikhari Sibblis (DL) — Lehigh
Nate Norris (LB) — Lehigh
Nigel Summerville (QB) — Lehigh
TyGee Leach (DB) — Lehigh
Derek Green (QB) — Long Island University
Jabari Echols (DB) — Maine
Amir Proctor (DB) — Marist
Brett Landis (WR) — Marist
Bryce Sisak (DL) — Marist
Clay Fields III (DB) — Marist
Devin Thompson (RB) — Marist
Luke Paladino (K) — Marist
SherRon Davis (WR) — Marist
Tyhir Harley (DB) — Marist
Jaydon Green (P) — McNeese State
KJ Brown (TE) — McNeese State
Mason Pierce (WR) — McNeese State
Jonathan Bacigalupi (OL) — Mercer
Nate Boehm (WR) — Mercer
Reid Brass (LS) — Mercer
Jacari Carter (WR) — Merrimack College
Jack Esquivel (QB) — Merrimack College
Jaylen Laudermilk (WR) — Merrimack College
Victor Dawson (RB) — Merrimack College
Hess Horne (QB) — Missouri State
Ian Fitzgerald (OL) — Missouri State
Jose Pizano (K) — Missouri State
Landon Bebee (OL) — Missouri State
Lemondre Joe (DB) — Missouri State
Udoka Ezeani (LB) — Missouri State
Alex Bryant (WR) — Monmouth
Justin Marcus (TE) — Monmouth
Juwon Farri (RB) — Monmouth
Oliver Jervis (OL) — Monmouth
Ryan Kost (P) — Monmouth
Tony Muskett (QB) — Monmouth
Ugo Obasi (WR) — Monmouth
Youssef Gamel (DL) — Monmouth
Marcus Knight (RB) — Montana
Aaron Gerle (DL) — Montana State
Brady McKnight (LS) — Morehead State
Charles Trumbull (DL) — Morehead State
Davier Fairrow (DL) — Morehead State
Donte Jones (DL) — Morehead State
Gunnison Bloodgood (WR) — Morehead State
Jah’Dell Lee Quay (DB) — Morehead State
Robert Springer Jr. (DB) — Morehead State
Danny Chaudhry (DL) — Morgan State
Cole McDowell (TE) — Murray State
DaMonta Witherspoon (RB) — Murray State
Jake Saathoff (TE) — Murray State
Elinus Noel III (DL) — Nicholls State
Kohen Granier (QB) — Nicholls State
Ademola Faleye (TE) — Norfolk State
Andrew Nickens (OL) — Norfolk State
Brandon Savage (DB) — Norfolk State
Corie Addo (WR) — Norfolk State
Da’Quan Felton (WR) — Norfolk State
Jaylan Adams (QB) — Norfolk State
Jeff Woods (OL) — Norfolk State
Lamar Robinson (OL) — Norfolk State
Pierre Royster (DB) — Norfolk State
TJ Stevenson (DL) — Norfolk State
Tyler Long (LB) — Norfolk State
Zion Lewis (DB) — Norfolk State
Justin Douglas (DB) — North Alabama
Micah Bland (DL) — North Alabama
ShunDerrick Powell (RB) — North Alabama
T.J. Finney (RB) — North Alabama
Mychale Salahuddin (DB) — North Carolina A&T
Jake Oliphant (OL) — North Dakota
Kendis Ledbetter (DL) — North Dakota
Marcus Preston (WR) — North Dakota
Britton Pascoe (DB) — North Dakota State
DJ Hart (WR) — North Dakota State
Dominic Gonnella (RB) — North Dakota State
Marques Sigle (DB) — North Dakota State
Nathan Goldade (RB) — North Dakota State
Phoenix Sproles (WR) — North Dakota State (Committed to JMU)
Caiaphas Ardoin (WR) — Northern Arizona
RJ Martinez (QB) — Northern Arizona
Alec Lewis (QB) — Northern Colorado
Bryan Sarente Jr (DB) — Northern Colorado
Elijah Anderson-Taylor (LB) — Northern Colorado
Ethan Kramer (OL) — Northern Colorado
Hunter Green (K) — Northern Colorado
Jaylen Byrd (DB) — Northern Colorado
Krikour Koustanian (OL) — Northern Colorado
Kylen Woods (WR) — Northern Colorado
Lamar Goods (DL) — Northern Colorado
Salem Abdul-Wahab (LS) — Northern Colorado
Will Horn IV (WR) — Northern Colorado
Matthew Morrissey (QB) — Northern Iowa
Miguel Edwards (DB) — Northern Iowa
Peter Udoibok (WR) — Northern Iowa
Reed Snitker (DL) — Northern Iowa
Terrance Kamara (WR) — Northern Iowa
Jared Morrow (OL) — Northwestern State
Zachary Clement (QB) — Northwestern State
Adam Becker (TE) — Portland State
Jake Urena (DB) — Portland State
Caleb Darbone (P) — Prairie View A&M
Jaden Stewart (RB) — Prairie View A&M
Jailon Howard (WR) — Prairie View A&M
Delvecchio Powell II (RB) — Presbyterian
Cam Watson (LB) — Presbyterian
David Jean (OL) — Presbyterian
David Kinard Jr. (DL) — Presbyterian
Dru McClough (OL) — Presbyterian
Jake Davis (QB) — Presbyterian
Jalen Banks (DL) — Presbyterian
Tyrese Moses (LB) — Presbyterian
Cole Aubrey (LB) — Princeton
Jayden Wickware (LB) — Princeton
Ryan Butler (RB) — Princeton
Will Powers (P) — Princeton
Ajani Cornelius (OL) — Rhode Island
Dylan Brown (DL) — Rhode Island
Amauri Floyd (LB) — Robert Morris
Corbin LaFrance (QB) — Robert Morris
Fey Oluleye (WR) — Robert Morris
Jack Oedekoven (WR) — Robert Morris
Jay’Ron Gibson (DL) — Robert Morris
Jonathan Pierre (DL) — Robert Morris
Lorenzo Euline (DB) — Robert Morris
Paul Newton (RB) — Robert Morris
Timothy White Jr (DB) — Robert Morris
Dan Bradbury (OL) — Sacramento State
Amir Jenkins (QB) — Sacred Heart
Arsheen Jiles (DB) — Sacred Heart
Javin Adderley (DB) — Sacred Heart
Jonathan Mucciolo (OL) — Sacred Heart
Jordan Griffin (OL) — Sacred Heart
Malik Grant (RB) — Sacred Heart
Marquez McCray (QB) — Sacred Heart
Mike Coffey (TE) — Sacred Heart
Tyrek Kelly (DL) — Sacred Heart
Aiden Smith (OL) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Al-Ma'Hi Ali (DB) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Alex Schmoke (K) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Breon Noel (DB) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Hunter Brown (TE) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Kyle Hill (DB) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Sebastian Benjamin (LB) — Saint Francis (Pa.)
Dalton Meyer (TE) — Sam Houston
Jaxson Chrest (WR) — Sam Houston
Kaden Morgan (K) — Sam Houston
Reed Honshtein (K) — Sam Houston
Seth Morgan (K) — Sam Houston
Zamir Wallace (DB) — San Diego
CJ Ogbonna (QB) — Southeast Missouri State
Jorge Figueroa (K) — Southeast Missouri State
Keilyn Tyus (LB) — Southeast Missouri State
Phillip Wilder (OL) — Southeast Missouri State
Shamenski Rucker (RB) — Southeast Missouri State
Zach Haynes (P) — Southeast Missouri State
BJ Davis (LB) — South Carolina State
Carson Camp (QB) — South Dakota
Cole Stenstrom (QB) — South Dakota
Jason Samec (TE) — South Dakota
Shomari Lawrence (RB) — South Dakota
Wesley Eliodor (WR) — South Dakota
Corey Williams (WR) — Southern
Daeshawn Davis (LB) — Southern
Devin Ellison (WR) — Southern
Collin Heard (DB) — Southern Illinois
Kaniji Chandler (LB) — Southern Illinois
Joshia Davis (DB) — Southern Utah
Mata’ava Ta’ase (TE) — Southern Utah
Brevin Randle (LB) — Stephen F. Austin
Gatlyn Cooper (OL) — Stephen F. Austin
Ja’Terious Evans (DB) — Stephen F. Austin
Cameron Gillis (K) — Stetson
Connor Becker (WR) — Stetson
Dominic Carlucci (TE) — Stetson
Finau Fine (DL) — Stetson
Frantz Alteus (LB) — Stetson
Jeffrey Roberts (TE) — Stetson
Michael Wojciechowski (LS) — Stetson
Quinton Lane (WR) — Stetson
Zarrion Robinson (DB) — Stetson
Amier Mohammad (LB) — Stony Brook
Angelo Guglielmello (K) — Stony Brook
Charlie McKee (QB) — Stony Brook
Chris Campbell (LB) — Stony Brook
Isaiah Simmons (RB) — Stony Brook
Isaiah Weathers (DL) — Stony Brook
Jackson Jones (DB) — Stony Brook
Joey Leuzzi (WR) — Stony Brook
Joshua Zamot (QB) — Stony Brook
Larry Ross (OL) — Stony Brook
Osirus Rhodes (DL) — Stony Brook
Seba Nekhet (RB) — Stony Brook
Shawn Harris Jr. (WR) — Stony Brook
Tedy Afful (WR) — Stony Brook
Ty Son Lawton (RB) — Stony Brook
Tyler Devera (TE) — Stony Brook
Tyler King (LB) — Stony Brook
Jake Walrath (P) — Tarleton State
Benjamin Johnson II (TE) — Tennessee State
James Thorpe (RB) — Tennessee State
Maurice McDonald (LB) — Tennessee State
Terray Jones (DL) — Tennessee State
Tucker Pope (QB) — Tennessee State
Zaire Thornton (WR) — Tennessee State
Andrew Armstrong (WR) — Texas A&M Commerce
Stefaan Forbes (P) — Texas Southern
Jesus Gibbs (DL) — Towson
Ubayd Steed (DB) — Towson
Andy Ambroise (DB) — UAlbany
Brandon Jimenez (WR) — UAlbany
Brendan Durkin (LS) — UAlbany
DeVante Ford (DB) — UAlbany
Jack Barnum (K) — UAlbany
Jacob Hargraves (DB) — UAlbany
Joey Carino (QB) — UAlbany
Tyler Szalkowski (QB) — UAlbany
McCallan Castles (TE) — UC Davis
Adam Conyer (LB) — UPenn
Ben Hoitink (OL) — UPenn
Benjamin Krimm (P) — UPenn
Chase Meyer (K) — UPenn
Garrett Morris (LB) — UPenn
Jake Heimlicher (DL) — UPenn (committed to UCLA)
Jonathan Melvin (LB) — UPenn
Kendren Smith (DB) — UPenn
Micah Morris (DL) — UPenn
Mike Hoffler (TE) — UPenn
Rory Starkey Jr (WR) — UPenn
Trevor Radosevich (OL) — UPenn
Keishaun Dudley (WR) — Utah Tech
Quali Conley (RB) — Utah Tech
Tyrell Grayson (DB) — Utah Tech
Alexander Andre (DB) — UT Martin
Brian Hunter III (WR) — Valparaiso
Chase Randall (DL) — Valparaiso
George Dristiliaris (DL) — Valparaiso
Mason Kaplan (QB) — Valparasio (Committed to Illinois State)
Nick Price (DL) — Valparasio
Ryan Merklinger (OL) — Valparasio
Matt O’Connor (QB) — Villanova
William Bartel (K) — Villanova
Aaron Vardell (K) — VMI
Aladdin Elroumy (LB) — VMI
Aljareek Malry (DB) — VMI
Charles Dixon (DL) — VMI
Eric Weaver (DL) — VMI
Ernie Campbell (DL) — VMI
Jack Caussin (TE) — VMI
Jarvis Chandler (OL) — VMI
Jerry Rice (K) — VMI
Leroy Thomas (WR) — VMI
Marshall Gill (OL) — VMI
Seth Morgan (QB) — VMI
Stone Snyder (LB) — VMI
Andre Crawley Jr (DL) — Wagner College
Anthony Arthur (RB) — Wagner College
Anthony Thornton (DB) — Wagner College
Austin Hosier (K) — Wagner College
Brylan Noonan (LS) — Wagner College
Chris Collier (RB) — Wagner College
Coby Calvin (DB) — Wagner College
Devin Jones (DL) — Wagner College
Eric Allen II (RB) — Wagner College
Franklin Smith (LB) — Wagner College
Hunter Lino (RB) — Wagner College
Isaiah Emmanuel (DB) — Wagner College
Jaden Spaulding (RB) — Wagner College
James Eichler (LB) — Wagner College
Justin Curtis (OL) — Wagner College
Kobi Ray-Reed (RB) — Wagner College
Matt Rau (OL) — Wagner College
Michael Croteau (TE) — Wagner College
Naiem Simmons (WR) — Wagner College
Nick Kargman (QB) — Wagner College
Nick Karika (DL) — Wagner College
Nick Tanzola (P) — Wagner College
Nino Cinti (WR) — Wagner College
Nunes Bukula IV (RB) — Wagner College
Randy Fizer Jr (WR) — Wagner College
Shane Quast (LB) — Wagner College
Tajay Passmore (DL) — Wagner College
Tajhir Tate (DL) — Wagner College
Terrell Staton (OL) — Wagner College
Trey Simmons (DB) — Wagner College
Winston Ware III (LB) — Wagner College
Bryson Grabowski (QB) — Western Carolina (transferring to Union College)
Carlos Davis (QB) — Western Carolina
Kason Lincke (QB) — Western Carolina
Parish Metzger (QB) — Western Carolina
Samuel Cornett (QB) — Western Carolina
Timothy Jamison (DL) — Western Carolina
Toler Keigley (WR) — Western Carolina
Brayden Hall (DB) — Western Illinois
Cameron Lewis (WR) — Western Illinois
Carter Gorder (OL) — Western Illinois
Dylan Tabone (QB) — Western Illinois
Jaylen Reed (RB) — Western Illinois
Juan DelaCruz (LB) — Western Illinois
Mike Gatz (OL) — Western Illinois
Mo Reed (DB) — Western Illinois
Nick Davenport (QB) — Western Illinois
Tahjae Mullix (DL) — Western Illinois
Al Hogan (OL) — Wofford
Camden Gray (LB) — Wofford
Devin Mathews (WR) — Wofford
Jimmy Weirick (QB) — Wofford
Landon Parker (WR) — Wofford
Micheal Mason (DL) — Wofford
Miles Richardson (DB) — Wofford
Tahir Annoor (DB) — Wofford
Brian Abraham (LB) — Yale
Kyle Ellis (DB) — Yale
Nick Gargiulo (OL) — Yale
Osorachukwu Ifesinachukwu (DL) — Yale
Andrew Hardin (DB) — Youngstown State
Demeatric Crenshaw (QB) — Youngstown State
Jasiah Medley (WR) — Youngstown State
Marcus Finkley (DB) — Youngstown State

ngineer
December 1st, 2022, 06:57 PM
Agree, and it chaps my ass. The NIL was intended to be used for college athletes to be able to capitalize on NIL like Olympic athletes. If Nike wanted to put Tim Tebow in commercials in 2007 and pay him, makes perfect sense. The dude was massively famous as a college player.

I think 98% of NIL deals are now back door. The player had no intrinsic NIL value. Boosters are pooling money and inducing players to sign, transfer to or stay with programs through bogus NIL deals.

Yes, and it is not just football. It has become really bad in wrestling, and basketballs always been a checkered arena. In wrestling, over half of Oklahoma's starting wrestlings team is transfers from this year. The entire premise of the NCAA's existence was to stop the money from polluting the amateur collegiate athlete. A $100K-300K free education scholarship is no longer considered 'value.'

bonarae
December 1st, 2022, 07:04 PM
There's still some hope in some FCS programs, as shown in this Tweet...

https://twitter.com/farrellportal/status/1598026647604989952

But... take Delaware and Villanova off that list now.

ngineer
December 1st, 2022, 07:10 PM

It does appear that a good many of those in the portal are seniors looking to take advantage of the 'extra' COVID year of eligibility to purse a masters degree...at least almost all of the ones listed by as Lehigh, except one, fall into that category.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2022, 10:52 PM
Curious why this Richard fellow is holding out on letting players into the transfer portal

Terrierific
December 1st, 2022, 11:29 PM
Here is a list of FCS (https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/fcs) players currently in the transfer portal for the 2023 season.

That list isn't very accurate. Wofford has 11 players in the portal but only 8 are listed in this list.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2022, 06:38 AM

...SO WHOM IS/ARE......DUH BLUEHENS.....??.......AWK?

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2022, 07:44 AM
If you divide the total number in the portal by number of teams, it is almost 5 per team. Looking a the SoCon, that average holds true there too, but there are a few head scratchers/outliers that stand out. When a coach leaves you expect more...VMI is at 13. When you are still in the playoffs you expect less...Sammy has 0 and Furple has 1. But ETSU??? they are sitting at twice the average and they have no coaching changes...and Citadel gets rid of theirs and has nobody in the portal???

clenz
December 2nd, 2022, 11:29 AM
If you divide the total number in the portal by number of teams, it is almost 5 per team. Looking a the SoCon, that average holds true there too, but there are a few head scratchers/outliers that stand out. When a coach leaves you expect more...VMI is at 13. When you are still in the playoffs you expect less...Sammy has 0 and Furple has 1. But ETSU??? they are sitting at twice the average and they have no coaching changes...and Citadel gets rid of theirs and has nobody in the portal???5 per team, on average, is only roughly 5% of a total roster.

I guess if you take seniors out it is probably about 7% give or take a percent and size of senior class.

It's not end of the world like people make it out to be

UNI has 5 or 6 and 3 or 4 of them are guys who are 5th 6th year guys who will be going to their 4th school still looking for PT they didn't find at UNI.

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2022, 11:51 AM
5 per team, on average, is only roughly 5% of a total roster.

I guess if you take seniors out it is probably about 7% give or take a percent and size of senior class.

It's not end of the world like people make it out to be

UNI has 5 or 6 and 3 or 4 of them are guys who are 5th 6th year guys who will be going to their 4th school still looking for PT they didn't find at UNI.

True, but as an average, some teams have zero and some teams have 30+ and it is currently the 14th day of the 45 day window...I imagine after exams and kids get home and talk to their families and HS coaches....the number will see another bump. Before the end (about jan 8th or there about) you will see well over 1000 FCS kids in the portal...and the kids on the Playoff teams get a little extra time to decide, so there is that too. Also, consider only scholly kids have to enter the portal...so those 5 kids are actually spread across a smaller number...so it is probably closer to 8 or 9% (still not the end of the world, unless you are Wagner!!!)

Udforever
December 2nd, 2022, 12:15 PM

No one from Delaware has entered yet.

ngineer
December 2nd, 2022, 07:43 PM
Word is that our promising freshman QB Silbor is in the portal...considering the problems we appeared to have with our OC, one would think he'd wait an see who the new coach is and who he'd bring onto the staff...

bulldog10jw
December 3rd, 2022, 04:29 PM
It does appear that a good many of those in the portal are seniors looking to take advantage of the 'extra' COVID year of eligibility to purse a masters degree...at least almost all of the ones listed by as Lehigh, except one, fall into that category.

The three Yale players on the list have no eligibility left at Yale.

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Two questions on this list...

1. After two weeks of being open, and losing a HC, how does Citadel not have a single player in the portal? did the AD lose the paperwork? how long does the Athletic Department have to file?

2. Jackson State doesn't have a single player on the list today, how many will they have tomorrow afternoon? I'm saying the over/under is about 12.

FUwolfpacker
December 4th, 2022, 11:36 AM

1. After two weeks of being open, and losing a HC, how does Citadel not have a single player in the portal? did the AD lose the paperwork? how long does the Athletic Department have to file?

I think one of the portal accounts listed that they had one? Avery Dixon maybe?

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2022, 12:05 PM

2. Jackson State doesn't have a single player on the list today, how many will they have tomorrow afternoon? I'm saying the over/under is about 12.

......NEON...TAKE DUH SKILLS.......LEAVE DUH ROLY POLYS...IN REAR VIEW MIRROR.....COMB DUH PRAIRIES....FO' N/S DAKOTA STATE.....LIKE LINEMEN....AWK!

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2022, 10:17 AM
......NEON...TAKE DUH SKILLS.......LEAVE DUH ROLY POLYS...IN REAR VIEW MIRROR.....COMB DUH PRAIRIES....FO' N/S DAKOTA STATE.....LIKE LINEMEN....AWK!

If I'm translating correctly, I agree with that. He poaches the top kids from JSU.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 5th, 2022, 11:23 AM

Certainly will be some Colorado players joining the Portal as Coach Prime encourages them to do so. Does this mean the JS players that join the portal are headed to Colorado?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfDc4aM11g

ncspiderfan
December 5th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Transfer bug now hitting Richmond. All grad transfers if they are picked up by FBS, and three likely will be (Wake Forest already has two of our guys move up to there, would not be a shock if some ended there from this group). The other has at least two years left, maybe three and might be looking for more PT, but is also a graduate.

Dykes RB
Eldridge DT
Moore OL
Close TE

Hope to not have to further update the list.

SFA 93
December 5th, 2022, 07:46 PM
S: MYLES HEARD 5-10; 195 (SFA) in the portal as a graduate senior
GP:44;TKL:213;TFL:7.0;SCK:1.0;QBH:3;FF:7;FR:2;INT: 3;PBU:8

- Led SFA in tackles for two straight seasons
- 2X First Team All-WAC (2021, 2022)
- First Team All-SLC (2020)
- Buck Buchanan Watch List (2022)

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 08:03 PM
N Arizona QB RJ Martinez is in the portal

Milktruck74
December 7th, 2022, 06:54 AM
As of this morning there are almost 750 FCS kids in the portal. That is almost 6 per school. So if your school doesn't have 6 yet, you are ahead of the curve as far as retention goes. I'm just wondering how this is going to impact HS recruiting? Do you take a chance on a HS kid developing into a contributor or go straight for a proven portal guy?

In the past the general trajectory for a HS kid was RS in year 1, maybe play special teams in year 2 (maybe year 3), then have 2 (3 if lucky) productive years...AND that was if the kid wasn't a miss.

So why not just hit the portal and grab a kid that has already been developed and has 3 years left? You can't blame coaches for this approach. They really don't have a choice.

ysubigred
December 7th, 2022, 07:31 AM

2. Jackson State doesn't have a single player on the list today, how many will they have tomorrow afternoon? I'm saying the over/under is about 12.The Citadel is a senior military college. Football is an extracurricular activity.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
December 7th, 2022, 07:56 AM
As of this morning there are almost 750 FCS kids in the portal. That is almost 6 per school. So if your school doesn't have 6 yet, you are ahead of the curve as far as retention goes.

Looks like we're helping to keep the average up...we're at 20 that I know of so far. Guess next year will be another "over half the team is new" year.

ElCid
December 7th, 2022, 08:18 AM

Well, I now see three. All Freshmen. That's actually pretty good attrition, only 3 of the 34 freshmen listed on the roster. Average retention for the entire Freshman class is about 85%. So the team still has a 91% retention rate, at least in regard to the portal, which is even better. There may be a couple dropouts not even in the portal, who knows. Now, depending on who we hire this could change, or be the final figure. There have been rumors about a couple high vis names. Also some unknowns, relatively speaking. And also a couple grads. Rumour mill says announcement possible by weeks end.

clenz
December 7th, 2022, 11:11 AM
As of this morning there are almost 750 FCS kids in the portal. That is almost 6 per school. So if your school doesn't have 6 yet, you are ahead of the curve as far as retention goes. I'm just wondering how this is going to impact HS recruiting? Do you take a chance on a HS kid developing into a contributor or go straight for a proven portal guy?

In the past the general trajectory for a HS kid was RS in year 1, maybe play special teams in year 2 (maybe year 3), then have 2 (3 if lucky) productive years...AND that was if the kid wasn't a miss.

So why not just hit the portal and grab a kid that has already been developed and has 3 years left? You can't blame coaches for this approach. They really don't have a choice.
High school kids - especially "borderline" kids - are screwed for years.

The worst thing the NCAA could have done is give everyone a free year no matter what and on top of that they opened the portal and NIL deal wide open with no restrictions.

High school kids, if they are lucky, in the class of 2026 or 2027 will start to see some return to "normal". However, the portal is still going to exist so the priority is still going to be portal kids who are already slightly to completely developed to fill holes right away because you have holes that were created due to the portal.

UNI's HC, Mark Farley, had an interview last week and was asked about it and he said it's completely changed everything for how he will recruit. He has always been a high school guy and take a few transfers to fill holes as needed while the HS kid develops. He said his recruiting was always 3-5 years out and it was a simple numbers game. It was a radio interview so I'm doing my best to get the quotes right but it was essentially "We have X players at this position in this grade so I know in Y years I need Z players beacuse I can then have them develop and ready to go after". However, he said he has shifted almost entirely to the portal with picking HS kids he likes and is willing to spend time to develop because there are just so many holes popping up all the time now where the numbers game to develop kids doesn't work anymore.

He doesn't like it, but he said that's the reality of it at this point.

And he's showing it. I have seen UNI offer/linked with, it feels like, 100 transfers, but only a handful of HS kids.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2022, 11:22 AM
High school kids - especially "borderline" kids - are screwed for years.

The worst thing the NCAA could have done is give everyone a free year no matter what and on top of that they opened the portal and NIL deal wide open with no restrictions.

High school kids, if they are lucky, in the class of 2026 or 2027 will start to see some return to "normal". However, the portal is still going to exist so the priority is still going to be portal kids who are already slightly to completely developed to fill holes right away because you have holes that were created due to the portal.

UNI's HC, Mark Farley, had an interview last week and was asked about it and he said it's completely changed everything for how he will recruit. He has always been a high school guy and take a few transfers to fill holes as needed while the HS kid develops. He said his recruiting was always 3-5 years out and it was a simple numbers game. It was a radio interview so I'm doing my best to get the quotes right but it was essentially "We have X players at this position in this grade so I know in Y years I need Z players beacuse I can then have them develop and ready to go after". However, he said he has shifted almost entirely to the portal with picking HS kids he likes and is willing to spend time to develop because there are just so many holes popping up all the time now where the numbers game to develop kids doesn't work anymore.

He doesn't like it, but he said that's the reality of it at this point.

And he's showing it. I have seen UNI offer/linked with, it feels like, 100 transfers, but only a handful of HS kids.
Similar to Hauck's feelings on the subject.

“The way things have changed, you’re not recruiting for the future. You’re recruiting to put a team on the field next August. That’s the situation we’ve all been put in. The next follow-up question should be do I like it, and the answer is no … but it doesn’t matter if I like it or want it to be different, it’s not going to be. You either figure it out and adapt like you do any situation … or you fail."

POD Knows
December 7th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Similar to Hauck's feelings on the subject.

“The way things have changed, you’re not recruiting for the future. You’re recruiting to put a team on the field next August. That’s the situation we’ve all been put in. The next follow-up question should be do I like it, and the answer is no … but it doesn’t matter if I like it or want it to be different, it’s not going to be. You either figure it out and adapt like you do any situation … or you fail."
We will see what works going forward. The coaching staff at NDSU still feels that they are a development program that will use the portal sparingly to fill holes.

CopperCat
December 7th, 2022, 11:31 PM
We will see what works going forward. The coaching staff at NDSU still feels that they are a development program that will use the portal sparingly to fill holes.

The NDSU coaching staff has the luxury of a championship pedigree that most teams never will. Dropdown transfers are a necessary part of near term competitive requirement for alot of FCS teams.

Milktruck74
December 8th, 2022, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=ysubigred;3101237]The Citadel is a senior military college. Football is an extracurricular activity.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE}

Citadel is a college filled with a bunch of 18-24 year olds that like to play and win football games...yes 1/3 will accept military commissions, but the reality is those kids aren't that much different form anyone else their age!

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2022, 08:24 AM
The Citadel is a senior military college. Football is an extracurricular activity.

Citadel is a college filled with a bunch of 18-24 year olds that like to play and win football games...yes 1/3 will accept military commissions, but the reality is those kids aren't that much different form anyone else their age!
Except the NCAA allows them to advertise on their jerseys that their Football Players (obviously) possess more Honor, have a higher sense of Duty, and understand/exhibit more Respect than all of the other NCAA Football Teams that are not allowed by the NCAA to have these words or words like them on their jerseys. This NCAA exception is not modified to exempt Football Players for The Citadel who enter as Transfers/Graduate Transfers and never spend 1 day in uniform there, nor accept any type of military commission.

https://romeocompany.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/2014honordutyrespect.png?w=640

…and to make this post thread-relevant…

https://twitter.com/egreenwood27/status/1599838214604193795

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2022, 08:26 PM
The offseason between the 2024 and 2025 seasons are going to be when the chickens really come to roost in regards to the free COVID year. Many teams are taking advantage of the 6th year super seniors the COVID year allowed them to have but after the 2024 season teams will be losing the last full class of seniors that had the free COVID year to take advantage of (recruiting class of 2019) and the first regular class of seniors that the free COVID year didn't really effect (recruiting class of 2020) all at once.

bonarae
December 12th, 2022, 07:38 AM
Redshirt Sports' last update (https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/2023-fcs-transfer-portal-tracker) now lists 773 FCS players in the portal.

From Farrell Sports' tweet on November 30, only Lindenwood, W&M, Weber State, and SDSU still have zero portal defections today per the link above.

ElCid
December 12th, 2022, 09:15 AM
The offseason between the 2024 and 2025 seasons are going to be when the chickens really come to roost in regards to the free COVID year. Many teams are taking advantage of the 6th year super seniors the COVID year allowed them to have but after the 2024 season teams will be losing the last full class of seniors that had the free COVID year to take advantage of (recruiting class of 2019) and the first regular class of seniors that the free COVID year didn't really effect (recruiting class of 2020) all at once.

Did you happen to watch the Army Navy game? They had two individuals talking about the portal and it wasn't flattering. They were basically saying the grass isn't always greener and for most it could destroy your college career. Didn't notice who they were and I was kind of listening in the background, but they were highly negative on the entire thing. Also remember a comment about being lost in the depth chart.

In any event you are right. I'll add that I think a bunch of activity would not have happened without the virus deal. I really think the extra year was the added incentive and pushed many into the decision. Sure, there are some addicted to transferring, but activity by the run of the mill player will fall off without the "extra" year.

ElCid
December 12th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Redshirt Sports' last update (https://www.redshirtsports.xyz/2023-fcs-transfer-portal-tracker) now lists 773 FCS players in the portal.

From Farrell Sports' tweet on November 30, only Lindenwood, W&M, Weber State, and SDSU still have zero portal defections today per the link above.

Is that surprising? I thought there is a time delay, so that could apply to W&M and maybe Weber now that their games are over. Plus this could be a gap for player decisions after their last game. Lindenwood is in transition and may affect those players desires. And I'm not sure how each school handles it, but I thought most players in the portal are basically done on the field. So that could explain SDSU. Nobody would want to miss a title run. Not sure though, but I know I have seen that. Still, others on teams in the playoffs obviously have entered, but they were probably deep in the depth chart mostly or they are transferring for "other" reasons. In any event not too surprised there are a few schools without anyone.

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Huge loss for Sac State, but honestly not surprising.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1602398122570698752

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2022, 03:44 PM
Ouch

I hate seeing FCS losing talent like this

SeattleCat
December 12th, 2022, 03:46 PM

Damn! That's a dagger they're going to try and pull out of there back for years. That kid is a Stud!

KPSUL
December 12th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Monmouth QB Tony Muskett has committed to the University of Virginia

ncspiderfan
December 13th, 2022, 05:52 PM
All I know about this. It popped up on Spider board a few minutes ago, but could help VMI in the future, though I have no idea how it works excepting what is in the article.

2022-2023 - News - Virginia Military Institute (vmi.edu) (https://www.vmi.edu/news/headlines/2022-2023/vmi-launches-accelerated-grad-program-with-vt.php)

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2022, 07:56 PM
DJ Hart to UNI

Libertine
December 13th, 2022, 08:43 PM
All I know about this. It popped up on Spider board a few minutes ago, but could help VMI in the future, though I have no idea how it works excepting what is in the article.

2022-2023 - News - Virginia Military Institute (vmi.edu) (https://www.vmi.edu/news/headlines/2022-2023/vmi-launches-accelerated-grad-program-with-vt.php)

Wow, this is huge for VMI! Essentially, it's a one-year grad degree that would allow them to keep their athletes for five years instead of just four. It means they won't be the development factory for grad transfers that they've been in recent years.

Karl Havoc
December 14th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Weber State QB Bronson Barron entered the portal.

ElCid
December 14th, 2022, 12:51 PM

Wow. Good for VMI. Very creative partnering to get a Masters program.

dewey
December 14th, 2022, 01:08 PM
DJ Hart to UNI

At least he will be free in December's and January's.

Dewey

dewey
December 14th, 2022, 01:08 PM

I think he follows his coach to Stanford. I loved watching him play. He seemed to not only enjoy contact but he was looking for people to hit/stiff arm. Good ball player.

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2022, 03:19 PM
I think he follows his coach to Stanford. I loved watching him play. He seemed to not only enjoy contact but he was looking for people to hit/stiff arm. Good ball player.

Dewey
I wouldn't bet on that, sounds like he's completely undecided.

https://twitter.com/camskattebo5/status/1602416128516534272

Just picked up an offer from Arizona State.

ncspiderfan
December 14th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Stony Brook LB Tyler King commits to Richmond.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2022, 09:38 PM
Delaware offers VMI LB Stone Snyder

Milktruck74
December 16th, 2022, 03:48 PM
About 650 FCS kids hit the portal in 2021 and only 38% were on rosters (of any kind..including Juco, D2 and D3) in 2022. The portal ain't all it is cracked up to be. IF history holds true, with over 800 FCS guys in the portal, there will be 500 FCS guys not playing next season.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Zach Marker, a 6-2, 200 lb QB from Iowa Central JC is visiting the Hens.

The Hens offered

Clenz, you ever heard of this guy?

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2022, 12:34 PM
Zach Marker, a 6-2, 200 lb QB from Iowa Central JC is visiting the Hens.

The Hens offered

Clenz, you ever heard of this guy?

Just committed to Delaware

Had Offers from McNeese Tarleton and UNI

Puddin Tane
December 18th, 2022, 01:08 PM
If you were a coach and a player went portal then changed his mind, would you take him back?

a stud?
an average player?

dewey
December 18th, 2022, 02:04 PM
If you were a coach and a player went portal then changed his mind, would you take him back?

a stud?
an average player?

That is a great question. Do you leave the decision up to the team/captains?

I think I would lean towards no since if they entered the portal are they really committed to the program.

Others?

Dewey

POD Knows
December 18th, 2022, 03:20 PM
That is a great question. Do you leave the decision up to the team/captains?

I think I would lean towards no since if they entered the portal are they really committed to the program.

Others?

Dewey
Nope but I am a “don’t let the door hit you on your ass on the way out”. The company I used to work for early on would not hire people back if they left the company and wanted back in. Now it is a revolving door, I knew some people that left two or three times and were hired back and most were dip****s.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2022, 03:27 PM
I'd take it on a case-by-case basis based on the caliber of the player, the circumstances of their exit, and the needs of the team (with input from the team leaders). I would definitely say they're going to have to pay their own way the first year if they do come back and re-earn their scholarship.

ElCid
December 18th, 2022, 04:09 PM
I'd take it on a case-by-case basis based on the caliber of the player, the circumstances of their exit, and the needs of the team (with input from the team leaders). I would definitely say they're going to have to pay their own way the first year if they do come back and re-earn their scholarship.

Skill of player would be irrelevant. "Reason" why would be the only issue. If it was a logistics issue, like a family matter that changed again or resolved, academic issue that changed, cost issue that changed, and he had sat down and discussed it first, I would be inclined to allow it. If it was just a "I want something different" reason, then no. That's how people learn from their mistakes.

ngineer
December 18th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Yep . Would depend on the circumstances

FUBeAR
December 18th, 2022, 08:48 PM
ETSU - > UNC

https://twitter.com/23alijah/status/1604579720095490051

bonarae
December 19th, 2022, 06:18 AM
Hmm... have we seen the last of Travis Hunter for now?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/travis-hunter-in-ncaa-transfer-portal-former-no-1-recruit-has-not-announced-where-he-will-play-next/

Bisonator
December 19th, 2022, 07:45 AM

a stud?
an average player?
Nope. Wouldn't matter whether a stud or average. Once you hit the portal you're done, bye.

And these guys usually have discussions with the HC before making that decision. If after those discussions they still decide to portal they know there's no coming back.

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2022, 02:44 PM
Freshman backup QB Daniel Britt in the portal from Montana.

https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1604932174628950016 (https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1604932174628950016)

POD Knows
December 19th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Freshman backup QB Daniel Britt in the portal from Montana.

https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1604932174628950016 (https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1604932174628950016)
Where does that leave you guys on the QB side.

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2022, 04:52 PM
Where does that leave you guys on the QB side.
Allegedly have a one-year transfer from Indiana coming in, but other than that, not in a great spot. Hopefully we get another one that can come in when the starter inevitably gets hurt lol

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2022, 09:27 PM

a stud?
an average player?

If the kid gave up on you WHY would you have him come back? So NO.

uofmman1122
December 20th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Allegedly have a one-year transfer from Indiana coming in, but other than that, not in a great spot. Hopefully we get another one that can come in when the starter inevitably gets hurt lol
Or not, apparently he's going to Michigan, or something now. lol

100%GRIZ
December 20th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Brown, Huot & whoever transfers in!

Catbooster
December 20th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Is it just me or this hilarious? Are they going for a spoof of Fabio or did it just end up that way?

https://twitter.com/AustinValley3/status/1604953960460451840

POD Knows
December 20th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Is it just me or this hilarious? Are they going for a spoof of Fabio or did it just end up that way?

https://twitter.com/AustinValley3/status/1604953960460451840OMFG, that is hilarious.

Go Green
December 21st, 2022, 04:08 AM
Dartmouth DL Shane Cokes is transferring to Colorado.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2022, 06:44 AM
Sigle goes to Kansas St fron NDSU.

ncspiderfan
December 21st, 2022, 04:34 PM
CB Aamir Hall from Richmond to Albany. I think he is only Spider of the eight in portal that is not a grad (and he may be), as RS Soph this year.

Started season as starter for Spiders before short injury and on return stayed in two deep the whole season. Spider board cannot figure this one out since Spiders had a starting CB grad transferring that is getting plenty of FBS offers. Spiders have offered UNI defensive back Stefan Black II from portal, but no word as yet.

Spider grad OL Joe More has committed to Syracuse.

gofurman
December 22nd, 2022, 01:53 AM
ETSU - > UNC

https://twitter.com/23alijah/status/1604579720095490051

Knowing UNC defense (or lack thereof) that's not even a lateral move. UNC D sucks - would ETSU give up about 60 to App as UNC did? Not sure they would

Milktruck74
December 22nd, 2022, 06:13 AM
Per the tracker FuBear posted back in post #17 or 18, there are 861* FCS kids in the portal as of last night, It'll be interesting to see what happens after this weekend. Kids are watching to see if they have been recruited over, if so, many will be tossing their hat in the ring. I'm probably wrong, but I think the portal is open for 45 days and it started on 11/19...if that is correct most kids have until 1/2/23 to declare (playoff teams get an extension) but I would think they would want to try and get somewhere to participate in spring ball...unless they are only a semester away from graduating.

* I'm not sure how many others are like this but for Chattanooga...That portal number includes Brock Bethea, who entered the portal last summer and I don't think ever landed anywhere. I guess he re-declared and Chattanooga was his last team??? I don't even know if that is a thing...but in FCS there were more that declared last year that didn't find a home than those that did.

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2022, 06:55 AM
Dartmouth DL Shane Cokes is transferring to Colorado.

Tyron Herring is a Hen

Dartmouth DB

Grad student

Go Green
December 22nd, 2022, 08:23 AM
Tyron Herring is a Hen

Dartmouth DB

Grad student

Yep. A fine player. And he had one more year of Ivy eligibility for us. :(

Also Dartmouth corner Robert Crockett III is transferring to Bryant. However, he was out of Ivy eligibility, so we knew he was gone.

SFA 93
December 22nd, 2022, 07:09 PM
Rhode Island LB: SEBASTIAN SAGAR 6-4; 220 transfers to SFA

KPSUL
December 22nd, 2022, 10:47 PM
Hmm... have we seen the last of Travis Hunter for now?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/travis-hunter-in-ncaa-transfer-portal-former-no-1-recruit-has-not-announced-where-he-will-play-next/

He may just be following his coach to Boulder, CO. Both the Sanders boys are in the portal now also, and neither is yet listed as committed to Colorado.

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 07:09 AM
He may just be following his coach to Boulder, CO. Both the Sanders boys are in the portal now also, and neither is yet listed as committed to Colorado.He’s going to Colorado - as he communicated in this foolishness…saying he had dominated in “a high school league” and was now going to do the same at the “next level”…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SIIWeEOQWE

Dominated? By what measure?

Opponent
RECEPTIONS
YDS
TD

Florida A&M (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3049&path=football)

Campbell (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3055&path=football)

Southern (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3056&path=football)

Texas Southern (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3249&path=football)

Alabama A&M (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3058&path=football)

Alcorn (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3059&path=football)

Southern (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3060&path=football)

N.C. Central (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3061&path=football)

TOTAL

Player
GP
Rushing ATT
Gain
Loss
Net
AVG
TD
Long
AVG/G

Hunter, Travis

DEFENSIVE

OPPONENT
Solo
ASST
TFL
Sack
FF
FR
INT
QBH
PB

Florida A&M (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3049&path=football)

Campbell (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3055&path=football)

Southern (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3056&path=football)

Texas Southern (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3249&path=football)

Alabama A&M (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3058&path=football)

Alcorn (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3059&path=football)

Southern (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3060&path=football)

N.C. Central (https://gojsutigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3061&path=football)

TOTAL

Next level?

Neither Massey nor Sagarin would have Colorado in their FCS Top 20 and Massey had Jackson State ranked ahead of the Buffalos before the Tigers lost to NCCU.

KPSUL
December 23rd, 2022, 08:48 AM
Yep. A fine player. And he had one more year of Ivy eligibility for us. :(

Also Dartmouth corner Robert Crockett III is transferring to Bryant. However, he was out of Ivy eligibility, so we knew he was gone.

I get the guys with no "Ivy" eligibility transferring, but what's the cause of the players with eligibility remaining jumping off the Dartmouth ship? Are they transferring with a Dartmouth undergraduate degree?

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2022, 11:19 AM
He is kind of an arrogant little prick, I hope somebody shuts his mouth hard.

high school league? Ok he’s an idiot ... even if he believes it ...why say that?

MIBT
December 23rd, 2022, 11:35 AM
high school league? Ok he’s an idiot ... even if he believes it ...why say that?He was referring to others saying he was playing in a high school league.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2022, 11:39 AM
He was referring to others saying he was playing in a high school league.

ok gotcha

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2022, 11:42 AM
I get the guys with no "Ivy" eligibility transferring, but what's the cause of the players with eligibility remaining jumping off the Dartmouth ship? Are they transferring with a Dartmouth undergraduate degree?

Im pretty sure he tore it up in the classroom and already has his Ivy degree...

so why not Delaware? Haha

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 12:16 PM
He was referring to others saying he was playing in a high school league.

…and he self-replied to the “others” to whom he was referring with, “Alright. Bet.”…indicating his agreement with the assertion he self-cited and further elaborated on his agreement with the assertion by acknowledging in the next sentence that he was not returning to Jackson State; that it was time for him to “move to the next level.”

FUBeAR’s 2 points are…
1) Hunter, this season, in no way came close to doing anything resembling “dominating” FCS, nor the SWAC, nor even was he the most impactful Freshman on his Jackson State Team. That was WR Kevin Coleman.

2) It is debatable if Hunter is “moving to the next level” by transferring to a Colorado Team that would barely be competitive in most of the Top 4 or 5 FCS Conferences and, debatably, is currently no better than the Jackson State Team he is leaving.

Hunter may win the Heisman next year and, ultimately, go into the NFL Hall of Fame…but so far, his college career, outside of the hype and (most likely) the money; his on-the-field results have been decidedly ‘meh.’

MIBT
December 23rd, 2022, 12:35 PM
…and he self-replied to the “others” to whom he was referring with, “Alright. Bet.”…indicating his agreement with the assertion he self-cited and further elaborated on his agreement with the assertion by acknowledging in the next sentence that he was not returning to Jackson State; that it was time for him to “move to the next level.”

FUBeAR’s 2 points are…
1) Hunter, this season, in no way came close to doing anything resembling “dominating” FCS, nor the SWAC, nor even was he the most impactful Freshman on his Jackson State Team. That was WR Kevin Coleman.

2) It is debatable if Hunter is “moving to the next level” by transferring to a Colorado Team that would barely be competitive in most of the Top 4 or 5 FCS Conferences and, debatably, is currently no better than the Jackson State Team he is leaving.

Hunter may win the Heisman next year and, ultimately, go into the NFL Hall of Fame…but so far, his college career, outside of the hype and (most likely) the money; his on-the-field results have been decidedly ‘meh.’

He's going from FCS to FBS. He's going from the SWAC to the P12. He's going to another level. The relative quality of Jackson State and Colorado last year is irrelevant. Colorado will be much better this year. How much remains to be seen.

POD Knows
December 23rd, 2022, 12:35 PM
high school league? Ok he’s an idiot ... even if he believes it ...why say that?
I deleted my post. Watched it again. Meh.

ST_Lawson
December 23rd, 2022, 02:17 PM
Dominated? By what measure?

18 receptions, 188 yards, 4 TDs in a season?...we had a guy do better than that in 1 game.

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 02:28 PM
18 receptions, 188 yards, 4 TDs in a season?...we had a guy do better than that in 1 game.
This guy did it in a half…against the 6th best Team in FCS…

Ty James, R-So., WR, Mercer
Mercer wide receiver Ty James had a record-setting day on Saturday. He had 13 catches for 351 yards, the most in an NCAA game this season. James also erased a SoCon record that had stood since 2004, shattering the previous mark of 280 yards. James, who added 13 yards on one carry, also set a program record with 364 all-purpose yards, good for fifth in a game in SoCon history, while his two touchdown catches pushed his season total to 13, yet another program record and tied for eighth in a season in SoCon history.

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 02:34 PM
He's going from FCS to FBS. He's going from the SWAC to the P12. He's going to another level. The relative quality of Jackson State and Colorado last year is irrelevant. Colorado will be much better this year. How much remains to be seen.

Colorado, most likely, won’t be better than SC State or NCCU.

So…
…do you also think Hunter dominated, as he stated, this season?
…and do you also think Hunter played in a “high school league” as he agreed that he did?

blackbeard
December 23rd, 2022, 02:58 PM
This guy did it in a half…against the 6th best Team in FCS…

Seriously??? Samford may have made the quarterfinals but that was because of their offense - their defense was TERRIBLE!!! Ranked 101 out of 123 in FCS football in total defense, 435 yards per game.

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 03:25 PM
Seriously??? Samford may have made the quarterfinals but that was because of their offense - their defense was TERRIBLE!!! Ranked 101 out of 123 in FCS football in total defense, 435 yards per game.
Samford’s Defense would shut out Sacred Heart 10 games out of 10…until they put their backups in because they were winning by half a hundred…in the 1st half.

Besides that fact, Samford’s status was kinda just an aside to the main point of the post…that point being that this 1 Player and many, many others did many things that far outpaced anything that Travis Hunter did at Jackson State this season. Sorry you felt compelled to trip over a log laying on the ground instead of grasping the scope of the forest.

MIBT
December 23rd, 2022, 04:12 PM

He's primarily a DB so not sure I would expect him to have dominating receiving numbers. I didn't see enough of JSU to say he had a dominating season. He was a true freshman so I guess I don't have the expectation he would dominate even at that level.

Colorado, most likely, won’t be better than SC State or NCCU.

So…
…do you also think Hunter dominated, as he stated, this season?
…and do you also think Hunter played in a “high school league” as he agreed that he did?

No he didn't play in a high school league. Any level of college football has good players. Many were all conference in HS even at the D3 level. There are misconceptions by some that some levels are beneath them. He may have thought that. I have no idea. Now he has a chance to prove he belongs at the P5 level. I'm guessing he has a good chance of he puts in the effort based on his HS performance.

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 04:30 PM
He's primarily a DB so not sure I would expect him to have dominating receiving numbers.

He was a true freshman so I guess I don't have the expectation he would dominate even at that level.
Are these DOMINATING Defensive numbers for a season for a starting CB?

DEFENSIVE

Solo
ASST
TFL
Sack
FF
FR
INT
QBH
PB

TOTAL

He was projected by some pundits as an FCS Pre-Season All-American…they knew he was going to be a True Freshman. He was expected to dominate.

He said he dominated.

He absolutely did NOT dominate. He did not make any All-SWAC Team at any position. He had a decent season for, maybe, what you would see out of a part-time starting / nickel / dime DB on the Defensive side of the ball and what you might see out of a 5th or 6th WR on many Teams.

FUBeAR doesn’t deny his talent, but let’s be honest & straightforward about his results to date and take a mature view of those results vs. taking or continuing to take a ride on the HunterHypeTrain.

MIBT
December 23rd, 2022, 04:58 PM
Are these DOMINATING Defensive numbers for a season for a starting CB?

DEFENSIVE

Solo
ASST
TFL
Sack
FF
FR
INT
QBH
PB

TOTAL

He was projected by some pundits as an FCS Pre-Season All-American…they knew he was going to be a True Freshman. He was expected to dominate.

He said he dominated.

He absolutely did NOT dominate. He did not make any All-SWAC Team at any position. He had a decent season for, maybe, what you would see out of a part-time starting / nickel / dime DB on the Defensive side of the ball and what you might see out of a 5th or 6th WR on many Teams.

FUBeAR doesn’t deny his talent, but let’s be honest & straightforward about his results to date and take a mature view of those results vs. taking or continuing to take a ride on the HunterHypeTrain.I guess I'm just not inclined to dislike young athletes as much as you. People seem to be looking for reasons to be extra critical of anything around Coach Prime. Either he'll succeed or he won't. Either way, it will not impact your life at all.

FUBeAR
December 23rd, 2022, 05:22 PM
I guess I'm just not inclined to dislike young athletes as much as you. People seem to be looking for reasons to be extra critical of anything around Coach Prime. Either he'll succeed or he won't. Either way, it will not impact your life at all.
Please point to the parts of any of FUBeAR’s posts in this thread where he said he did not “like” Travis Hunter (or any other young athlete) and/or any commentary at all around Coach Sanders.

FUBeAR is, objectively, commenting on claims made in direct quotes from the individual under discussion and results achieved on the field.

This post of yours is just a subjective attempt to cast FUBeAR in a negative light by making false and undemonstrated, subjective claims, as opposed to dealing with the facts of the matter. The fact is Travis Hunter has yet to demonstrate any particular dominance at any position, at any level of college football. To claim otherwise is to be untruthful and is actually quite disrespectful to the many young athletes who DID accomplish so many wonderful achievements on the field this season in FCS Football.

Maybe the situation is that you are just inclined to like certain young athletes and certain coaches which colors your ability to view results objectively and causes you to fail to see how the proliferation of such falsehoods serves to demean other young athletes who HAVE proven their abilities on the fields of D1 college football.

ElCid
December 23rd, 2022, 05:23 PM
I guess I'm just not inclined to dislike young athletes as much as you.

Please explain how him giving a logical, straightforward, and seemingly unbiased assessment equates to him "disliking" an athlete. And they are all young so that was probably an unnecessary adjective. I would say he probably likes him since he isn't just being a yes man and simply joining a cheering section. He is providing honest feedback for someone who has decided on hype rather than actual factual history. Now I'm sure the kid will never read it, but if he did, he'd get a dose of honesty. Might be good for him.

Chalupa Batman
December 24th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know if Jackson State plays mostly man or zone defense? Does anyone know how many catches Travis Hunter allowed as the primary defender this year? Or how many yards and touchdowns he allowed as the primary defender? Or how often he was targeted as the primary defender? Not sure if any of those are tracked anywhere or not.

I have no idea what the answers to any of the above questions are, but there's more to how he performed than just the numbers that have been mentioned so far.

My point is, it's entirely possible he did dominate without having put up any eye popping numbers if 1) no one threw his way, or if 2) when they did the ball was way off target because the receiver was covered (in which case he wouldn't get a PBU).

FUBeAR
December 24th, 2022, 08:09 PM
My point is, it's entirely possible he did dominate without having put up any eye popping numbers if 1) no one threw his way, or if 2) when they did the ball was way off target because the receiver was covered (in which case he wouldn't get a PBU).
Sure…and, if so, he would have certainly been acknowledged as such a dominating Player by the astute and esteemed Head Coaches and SID’s of the SWAC as All-SWAC. Right?

See for yourself…he was not named as 1st or 2nd Team All-SWAC at any position…

https://swac.org/news/2022/11/29/swac-announces-football-postseason-honors.aspx

Meh stats and no post-season honors. Anyone else wanna step up and claim that Travis Hunter proved his dominance of FCS or SWAC Football in the 2022 season?

Or should we all just be honest and accept / admit that his Freshman year at Jackson State, playing SWAC & FCS Football, in no way whatsoever lived up to the hype with which he entered, nor to that with which he has now exited.

Milktruck74
December 25th, 2022, 03:02 PM

While I agree with you for the most part...it is a completely different era and a completely different mindset than it was back when....so, isn't this much like a kid testing the waters on the NBA draft?

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2022, 03:44 PM
While I agree with you for the most part...it is a completely different era and a completely different mindset than it was back when....so, isn't this much like a kid testing the waters on the NBA draft?

I would say that is completely different when one is looking at the pros. When you enter the transfer portal you are telling your school and teammates you dont want to be there anymore.

bonarae
December 25th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Sure…and, if so, he would have certainly been acknowledged as such a dominating Player by the astute and esteemed Head Coaches and SID’s of the SWAC as All-SWAC. Right?

Meh stats and no post-season honors. Anyone else wanna step up and claim that Travis Hunter proved his dominance of FCS or SWAC Football in the 2022 season?

Or should we all just be honest and accept / admit that his Freshman year at Jackson State, playing SWAC & FCS Football, in no way whatsoever lived up to the hype with which he entered, nor to that with which he has now exited.

Another example of a "bust"... xsighx Akin to a 4 star recruit who committed to and wasted his athletic potential in an Ivy League school... xsmhx

Chalupa Batman
December 25th, 2022, 06:16 PM

Okay, fair enough. He didn't dominate. I'd say Georgia dodged a bullet then by him committing somewhere else because a player that couldn't even dominate the SWAC would surely struggle just to make the scout team in Athens, which would then result in a complete waste of a scholarship.

Now I'm trying to figure out why it's so very important to you that his "dominance" claim was proven incorrect.

BNiche
December 25th, 2022, 08:09 PM
Live and die by the portal, it seems.

Fordham just got a former four-star prospect Wisconsin QB transfer to slot in Demorat's spot. Incredibly excited.

https://twitter.com/dhillsb10/status/1607104616910716929?t=paz6WG4TfW-9q-RNQi3S5Q&s=19

FUBeAR
December 25th, 2022, 11:59 PM
Okay, fair enough. He didn't dominate.

Now I'm trying to figure out why it's so very important to you that his "dominance" claim was proven incorrect.

That is such an interesting coincidence.

FUBeAR spent all of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day trying to figure out why it’s so very important to you and MIBT to prove that his “dominance” claim was proven correct.

Chalupa Batman
December 26th, 2022, 03:42 AM
That is such an interesting coincidence.

FUBeAR spent all of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day trying to figure out why it’s so very important to you and MIBT to prove that his “dominance” claim was proven correct.

It's not that important to me. I thought the discussion was interesting and made a single post offering a different point of view. I pointed out that traditional stats don't always tell a players effectiveness, or in this case dominance (and is often the case for defensive players), and merely stated it is was "entirely possible" his claim was correct. I didn't agree or disagree with his claim. You then opined that if this was the case he would've made all conference in the SWAC, after which I said that's a fair point and agreed he wasn't dominant.

I did like how you avoided the question though and deflected it back to me, it reminds me of the classic Pee-Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I?" defense. I haven't heard that one in a while.

Milktruck74
December 26th, 2022, 11:13 AM
The Tracker shows 875 FCS guys in the portal. Does anyone know where we can get a number of those that Transferred? Or have a home lined up for next season? Last year only 38% of FCS portal kids ended up on a roster (of any level) for the next season.

Fun fact, Brock Bethea is one of the 4 Chattanooga guys on the tracker/ He just transferred to URI...he actually entered the portal 4/10/22, so he was in limbo last season.

I wonder what this year is shaping up to be like? I wonder if the 38% will be the norm? Or will the number get better (or worse) as coaches (and players too) learn a little more about using the portal, and it becomes more commonplace?

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 26th, 2022, 05:36 PM
I have been checking Hero sports every day or two to see new signees.
According to hero- 93 FCS to FCS
FCS to FBS 88
FBS to FCS 76

https://herosports.com/2023-fcs-to-fcs-transfers-bzbz/

Milktruck74
December 26th, 2022, 05:49 PM

I have been checking Hero sports every day or two to see new signees.
Ball park 90 FCS to FCS
FCS to FBS 80
FBS to FCS 80
Let me know the exact amount

https://herosports.com/2023-fcs-to-fcs-transfers-bzbz/

So you are roughly saying 170 FSC guys found a home (FBS or FCS) just for giggles, say another 170 landed at a lower division ( D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO) so that is 340 that landed....that is 38.8 percent...so, right on last years target....provided as many dropped a level or two as landed.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 26th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Have not seen anything on FCS transferring to lower levels so if 170 seems like a good figure go for it.
Sort of sad that many feel the need to transfer down a level and possible losing a scholarship in the process.

MIBT
December 26th, 2022, 07:27 PM
Have not seen anything on FCS transferring to lower levels so if 170 seems like a good figure go for it.
Sort of sad that many feel the need to transfer down a level and possible losing a scholarship in the process.I can think of several valid reasons. Closer to home. More playing time. Better school fit. PWO already. Following a coach or teammate. Better weather. Play multiple sports.

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2022, 06:58 AM
Saw it mentioned somewhere that Texas A&M has the most players in the portal of any FBS team and they throw around a ton of NIL dollars (remember Saban saying last summer that they "bought" their recruiting class). Shows that team culture can trump NIL $$$ when it comes to retaining players or not (or maybe not recruiting players who just want to go to the highest bidder).

SFA 93
December 27th, 2022, 07:14 AM
Saw it mentioned somewhere that Texas A&M has the most players in the portal of any FBS team and they throw around a ton of NIL dollars (remember Saban saying last summer that they "bought" their recruiting class). Shows that team culture can trump NIL $$$ when it comes to retaining players or not (or maybe not recruiting players who just want to go to the highest bidder).

26 Aggies have hit the portal

5- Star 2
4- Star 13
3- Star 9

2 QB
4 WR
1 RB
1 OL
1 TE
6 CB
3 LB
6 DL
1 K
1 P

KPSUL
December 27th, 2022, 12:53 PM
The Tracker shows 875 FCS guys in the portal. Does anyone know where we can get a number of those that Transferred? Or have a home lined up for next season? Last year only 38% of FCS portal kids ended up on a roster (of any level) for the next season.

Fun fact, Brock Bethea is one of the 4 Chattanooga guys on the tracker/ He just transferred to URI...he actually entered the portal 4/10/22, so he was in limbo last season.

I wonder what this year is shaping up to be like? I wonder if the 38% will be the norm? Or will the number get better (or worse) as coaches (and players too) learn a little more about using the portal, and it becomes more commonplace?

URI has signed a small truckload of ginormous offensive and defensive linemen from FCS and FBS programs last week who had been recruited as highly touted prospects coming out of HS but have not yet accomplished much at college. This is nothing new, they have hitting the portal hard for several seasons and while their teams have improved, they have a recent history of almost, just about, wait until next year seasons.

caribbeanhen
December 27th, 2022, 03:05 PM
URI has signed a small truckload of ginormous offensive and defensive linemen from FCS and FBS programs last week who had been recruited as highly touted prospects coming out of HS but have not yet accomplished much at college. This is nothing new, they have hitting the portal hard for several seasons and while their teams have improved, they have a recent history of almost, just about, wait until next year seasons.

Yes, this has been noticed on gohens as some Delaware fans are dissatisfied that Carty didn’t get any OL help yet

KPSUL
December 28th, 2022, 08:34 AM
Yes, this has been noticed on gohens as some Delaware fans are dissatisfied that Carty didn’t get any OL help yet

I'll have to check out GoHens. When I got in the mood to watch Demolition Derby or "Trailer Park Boys" instead I'd go to the JMU Message Board. Since they moved to the Slum Belt, I stopped visiting the JMU board, so I may need a similar outlet.

Personally, I'd still reserve final judgement on Carty as a Head Coach; but I do see why Delaware fans could be a little concerned. He may be a great #2 guy which equates to OC/DC in football; however, his skills may not be as well suited to the #1 position. The fact that he spent his college playing career as a backup QB and 10 plus years as a capable OC is an indication that could be the case. Given time he could develop the skill he needs, but given Blue Hen's fans recent level of patience with Head Coaches, he may not have that time available.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2022, 08:39 AM
I'll have to check out GoHens. When I got in the mood to watch Demolition Derby or "Trailer Park Boys" instead I'd go to the JMU Message Board. Since they moved to the Slum Belt, I stopped visiting the JMU board, so I may need a similar outlet.

Personally, I'd still reserve final judgement on Carty as a Head Coach; but I do see why Delaware fans could be a little concerned. He may be a great #2 guy which equates to OC/DC in football; however, his skills may not be as well suited to the #1 position. The fact that he spent his college playing career as a backup QB and 10 plus years as a capable OC is an indication that could be the case. Given time he could develop the skill he needs, but given Blue Hen's fans recent level of patience with Head Coaches, he may not have that time available.

Stop on by sometime and sign up

MSUBobcat
December 29th, 2022, 03:55 PM
Well... ****. Isaiah Ifanse has entered the transfer portal. (https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-running-back-isaiah-ifanse-enters-transfer-portal/article_b047f756-87bb-11ed-8775-330f461bb4df.html)

JacksFan40
December 29th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Iowa State grad transfer Blake Peterson has put @GoJacksFB in his Twitter bio, likely confirming he’s heading to SDSU. Could be a big get.

Also SDSU WR Tyler Feldkamp entered the portal yesterday.

ncspiderfan
December 30th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Just info, could be old news that has already been posted.

Weeks after announcing he was entering the transfer portal, former Penn State cornerback Jeffrey Davis has signed on with his new school. Davis has committed to Stony Brook, and the school officially announced his signing on Thursday afternoon.

(https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/former-penn-state-cb-finds-a-landing-spot-out-of-the-transfer-portal/ar-AA15N5G2?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5111fb7d7815473f8966626e31dfde92&fullscreen=true#image=1)

SFA 93
December 31st, 2022, 09:17 AM
SFA players now with Louisiana Tech

DB: #13 MYLES BROOKS 6-2; 198 (SR.)
DB: #22 WILLIE ROBERTS 5-11; 190 (SR.)
DB: #0 MYLES HEARD 5-10; 195 (G/SR.)
LB: #6 BREVIN RANDLE 5-11; 228 (SR.)

Milktruck74
January 3rd, 2023, 07:30 AM
THe Portal Window is closing (with a few playoff extensions still out there)...

917 FCS kids entered the portal (Roughly 7.5 per team)

103 transferred to FBS schools (10.9%)

39 Transferred to P5 programs (4.25%)

100 transferred to other FCS schools (10.9%)

714 currently not on a D1 roster. (78.2%)

I'm sure a few more will find their way on to a D1 roster as the offseason progresses, and some will drop to d2 or d3, naia or juco to get more playing time, but the sad reality is more than half of the kids that entered the portal will not play football next season...and most of those have played their last snap.

FUBeAR
January 3rd, 2023, 07:46 AM
NOTE: MilkTruck‘s post not showing when FUBeAR “Reply with Quote” here…anyway…

So…you’re saying for about 80% of those young men who choose to enter, they might as well take their college football careers into this Porta(l) instead…

https://cdnimg.webstaurantstore.com/images/products/large/448603/1665780.jpg

clenz
January 3rd, 2023, 11:18 AM
I say this every year recently since this started happening

Of those that never find another roster home I'd wager a large amount of money that most of them were never going to play at their current school, probably wouldn't play at their next school, and honestly don't care if they don't play/land on a roster.

I know it's tough for fans to understand, especially given the average age of those who bitch about transfers and the portal, but for a majority of those kids they are just done, and the portal was one last effort to find a home that might give them the scholarship to continue their education or just find a place that made them excited about playing football again.

Obviously, it's not 100% of the kids who won't find a new home, but I'd bet a LARGE majority of those that don't find a new home are perfectly okay with it. Rather than simply walking away they throw one last cast out there to see if they catch one last fish before they hang it up.

I get told every year I'm wrong and it's just kids chasing bad advice, being quitters, spoiled, etc. and that's fine. I get why Gen X and Boomers think that. Why do I have that perspective? Because I was that kid a decade before the portal happened, but I would have been a portal kid with no intention of actually continuing to play. I lost my love to play the game, but if I had a chance to easily find a new home with something like the portal, I'd have thrown my name out there just to see. It was 98% I was done, but there's that 2%.

Honestly think about it, before the portal look how many kids just disappeared off of every single roster every year. I'd bet most schools averaged 5 or 6 of them a year. Now those same kids can do the same thing but throw their names in the portal while doing it. Figure those same 4-5ish kids plus the kids who land somewhere, and you have the average of 8-9 kids per school.

Also, worth considering is there are just kids who are transferring after transferring trying to find the field anywhere they can. They get somewhere they thought they'd see it, don't, and try again. Big deal. No one has the same kind of energy when people hop from job to job every year or two trying to find somewhere they can be happier or get paid more. Looking at UNI's transfers this year - there are 8 in the portal, 6 of them came in from a JUCO or FBS program. 5 of those 5 were FBS kids who thought they'd drop down and get playing time, 4 of those 5 never once saw the field, and one that did saw less than 100 snaps in 2 years on campus. The other is a JUCO that came in to fight for a starting spot but came in with Theo Day and Theo isn't giving that job up. Of those 6 4 of them transferred at least once before going to UNI last year. I'd bet a large portion of the transfer portal are the same group of kids every year trying to find PT and enjoy where they are. Of the two HS recruits leaving UNI one is a 2 year starter that doesn't like the defense UNI plays and wants to find something he feels fits his style better. His offers so far are Samford, Murray State, SFA, Richmond and Alabama A&M. Hope he finds a defense he likes because out of those he isn't finding a better program on the field or getting guys NFL shots. However, he wasn't happy in CF so he should be free to find somewhere he will be happy. The other is a kid who never saw the field, never will, but will absolutely destroy at the D2 or lower level.

I don't see anyone taking the same energy at other students who transfer. The average retention rate for students is something like 70-75% in any given year per the national clearinghouse research center. The "persistence rate" is only about 80% - meaning every single year 20% of students leave college and never land anywhere else. What about these kids? Where is the extreme outrage over them transferring? They may have scholarships as well. They may be a part of clubs or other extra-curricular activities at the schools that they are leaving.

MR. CHICKEN
January 3rd, 2023, 11:37 AM
....GOOD POST ON....PSYCHOLOGY UH X-FERS......FROM FORMER PLAYER...xthumbsupx....AWK!

Milktruck74
January 3rd, 2023, 01:04 PM
I don't disagree with much of what you are saying...I was a "portal guy" long before there was a portal (D3 to 1aa). I chose an academic scholly over the athletic scholly offers I had...after an unchallenging season, I chose to transfer up. So maybe I'm the antithesis of the average portal...guys transfer down to find PT...I had all the PT I wanted, but needed to be challenged...Anyway, my point on the numbers is many kids are being pitched a bill of goods. Sure there are some that enter the portal to basically quit the sport...but the majority are not those kids. They see the portal as the opportunity... However, The portal isn't the opportunity many of them think it is. You mentioned the guys that transfer down from FBS to get time...same thing happend with me. I guy came from USC at the same time I came from a little D3 school...and well, LEts just say, the level you come from is often trumped by work effort. And yes, I'll agree with you that the same kids with 3 and 4 different schools will be the same folks with 3 and 4 different employers in a short time frame. THe portal is not the silver bullet that fixes everything.

clenz
January 3rd, 2023, 01:26 PM
I don't disagree with much of what you are saying...I was a "portal guy" long before there was a portal (D3 to 1aa). I chose an academic scholly over the athletic scholly offers I had...after an unchallenging season, I chose to transfer up. So maybe I'm the antithesis of the average portal...guys transfer down to find PT...I had all the PT I wanted, but needed to be challenged...Anyway, my point on the numbers is many kids are being pitched a bill of goods. Sure there are some that enter the portal to basically quit the sport...but the majority are not those kids. They see the portal as the opportunity... However, The portal isn't the opportunity many of them think it is. You mentioned the guys that transfer down from FBS to get time...same thing happend with me. I guy came from USC at the same time I came from a little D3 school...and well, LEts just say, the level you come from is often trumped by work effort. And yes, I'll agree with you that the same kids with 3 and 4 different schools will be the same folks with 3 and 4 different employers in a short time frame. THe portal is not the silver bullet that fixes everything.
Why do you- and I mean you and anyone that has issues with it - have the issues you do with kids going into the portal to find more playing time?

Do you have an issue with any other student on scholarship of any kind transferring?

Do you have issues with coaches, assistants or head, going to another school for more money or a chance are more coaching duties?

Do you have an issue with any staff members of a program leaving to go to another school for more opportunity to prove themselves?

Do you have the same issue with anyone leaving jobs to go after a job that they feel they have more potential at?

Do you have the same level of issue when a coach tries to recruit over a kid the second the kid puts his name on the NLI? Because that happens to every single player at every single school at every single level. Coaches are hired to get fired. High school kids are signed with the intention of landing someone better than them the very next recruiting cycle.

I don't want to hear any talk about loyalty. There's never been any loyalty from coaches or schools to 99.9% of athletes that isn't broken the second the kid isn't as useful as they were the week before. Coaches are the biggest group of lying snakes on the planet, especially when it comes to recruiting. There's no loyalty to 99% of the kids on the roster. If those coaches can land another HS kid, or transfer, that will burry the kid they spent 2 years recruiting and telling them how they were going to be the future of that position at their school they will do it in a second and not think twice about it.

Who cares if these kids transfer? Big ****ing deal. Maybe the land on their ass and it ends their playing career. Isn't that the ultimate case of learning a lesson and moving on in life from it? Actions and consequences.

The average American has 12 jobs in their lives, and that number is massively skewed by boomers and silent generation types. Pandemic-related numbers show that people 18-39 sought a career change at a 40+% clip while those 50+ at just 12%
It is estimated that 2/3rds of employers are actively seeking a new job at any given moment during the year.

Prepandemic numbers show that 7% of those under 35 changed jobs in 2016 compared to just 3.1% of those older in the workforce.

53% of people quit jobs and took new jobs in 2021 according to Pew.

There is absolutely a generational and psychological gap between Gen X and Boomers and most Millennials and Gen Z. Boomers, and Gen X, were okay being **** on by those "over them" be it coaches or employers. That's not the case anymore. Those of us that are younger realize we have options and will exploit our resources to chase those options. That's what you're seeing in the portal. It's not because they are quitters or have no loyalty. They are simply repaying the loyalty that is shown across athletics and using tools at their disposal. It's not their fault that Gen X and Boomers were too stubborn, and brainwashed into "take the beating and ask for more and just be thankful someone was willing to acknowledge you're existence"

The world is changing and there is 1.5 generations fighting against it to hold onto what they know because having to adapt to the changing landscapes isn't something they are comfortable with.

"Student athletes aren't employees" - but the relationship between them, coaches, and programs is exactly the same set up as the relationship between employee, manager, and company. We all realize there are other options and aren't wanting to settle for a spot that we don't like anymore. It's a massive shift. It's scary to see. It seems like everything is crumbling.

Businesses - and coaches - can adapt to the new way and learn to use it to their advantage and learn how to recruit and retain the new generation - or they can be stubborn and die a painful death as everyone around them adapts.

Milktruck74
January 3rd, 2023, 01:38 PM
Again, Most of what you say I can't argue with. However, HS kids are going to soon realize there are no schollys for them. If I am a coach, I am going to actively hit to portal and find proven guys. Sure the top 300 will always have a shot, but the averge FCS and D2 Squad schollys are going to be filled with upperclassmen. THe Gray shirt, or walk on and earn is going to be the new normal going forward. Why take a chance on a developmental project, only to see them leave after you have sunk the effort into them. And at what point do Athletic departments consider themselves "promoters" and start asking players to pay them a fee to "promote" their talents to the NFL....IF you are going to treat it like a paid tryout, why not ask the players to foot the bill...and there is a bill for pretty much every program except about 20 P5 schools....I get it, loyalty is a one way street, but as you take the amature out of the athletics and create free-agency college football, rules will change....and they have (some for the betterment of the athlete), but remember who holds the gavel and makes the rules....it isn't the student Athlete....the rules are not there for their benefit....it was, it is, and it ALWAYS will be about the schools protecting themselves!!! Nobody thinks about the unintended consequences....chickens always come home to roost!!!!

ElCid
January 3rd, 2023, 03:25 PM
Why do you- and I mean you and anyone that has issues with it - have the issues you do with kids going into the portal to find more playing time?

Do you have an issue with any other student on scholarship of any kind transferring?

Actually I do. If a school invests in a kid, or employer invests in an employee, I have always had issues when they bolt. If they didn't want to part of "whatever" they've wasted the opportunity for someone who did. You can easily look at it from that angle. But it also requires both parties to demonstrate loyalty and fulfilling obligations. There are distinct lines between simply using someone or an org and simply moving at a logical point in development regardless of the endeavor. But I have different experiences so it's hard for me to see the other reasons people come up with, which could be viewed as merely rationalizations to do whatever floats their boat.

FUBeAR
January 3rd, 2023, 05:36 PM
What were once Student Athletes are now Employees. The General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board of the current Administration made this ruling in September of 2021. https://www.nlrb.gov/news-outreach/news-story/nlrb-general-counsel-jennifer-abruzzo-issues-memo-on-employee-status-of

As such, Employees regularly voluntarily enter into enforceable Non-Compete / Non-Disclosure / Non-Solicitation agreements with their Employers. Employees also often voluntarily enter into Repayment Agreements with their Employers for such things as Relocation Expenses, Recruiting Expenses, Training Expenses, and for Reimbursement of Education Expenses. Typically, these repayment agreements are prorated based upon the time that an Employee remains with the Employer following the Employer incurring the expense.p on behalf of the Employee.

Perhaps schools, particularly FCS schools, should consider judicious utilization of these types of tools to better protect the extensive investments they have made in acquiring & developing their Employees.

POD Knows
January 3rd, 2023, 07:11 PM
There is absolutely a generational and psychological gap between Gen X and Boomers and most Millennials and Gen Z. Boomers, and Gen X, were okay being **** on by those "over them" be it coaches or employers. That's not the case anymore. Those of us that are younger realize we have options and will exploit our resources to chase those options. That's what you're seeing in the portal. It's not because they are quitters or have no loyalty. They are simply repaying the loyalty that is shown across athletics and using tools at their disposal. It's not their fault that Gen X and Boomers were too stubborn, and brainwashed into "take the beating and ask for more and just be thankful someone was willing to acknowledge you're existence"

Yea, this is why a large segment of these "enlightened" current generations are still living with mommy and daddy. I am a late Boomer and never felt **** on by any employer I had, maybe it was because I brought value to my employers and they reciprocated in kind. I wouldn't ****ing hire anybody with your mindset to clean my sewer out. Nobody or any employer is going to invest in some clowns that think and act like you appear, at least in your post, to behave and believe. It is a shame.

MIBT
January 3rd, 2023, 09:15 PM
Again, Most of what you say I can't argue with. However, HS kids are going to soon realize there are no schollys for them. If I am a coach, I am going to actively hit to portal and find proven guys. Sure the top 300 will always have a shot, but the averge FCS and D2 Squad schollys are going to be filled with upperclassmen. THe Gray shirt, or walk on and earn is going to be the new normal going forward. Why take a chance on a developmental project, only to see them leave after you have sunk the effort into them. And at what point do Athletic departments consider themselves "promoters" and start asking players to pay them a fee to "promote" their talents to the NFL....IF you are going to treat it like a paid tryout, why not ask the players to foot the bill...and there is a bill for pretty much every program except about 20 P5 schools....I get it, loyalty is a one way street, but as you take the amature out of the athletics and create free-agency college football, rules will change....and they have (some for the betterment of the athlete), but remember who holds the gavel and makes the rules....it isn't the student Athlete....the rules are not there for their benefit....it was, it is, and it ALWAYS will be about the schools protecting themselves!!! Nobody thinks about the unintended consequences....chickens always come home to roost!!!!I don't understand the argument this is taking away opportunities from HS seniors. If we start with the fact there are a finite number of scholarship spots.

Let's use just the scholarship spots and estimated number of schools.

120 FBS x 85 scholarships = 10,200
120 FCS x 63 scholarships = 7,560
Total D1 scholarships = 17,760

Let's assume 20% graduate = 3,552
Theoretically these are the spots available for new scholarships. Any player that enters the portal and lands at another school creates an opportunity at the school he left, so the net available for HS students remains the same. There is no way that number goes down. It doesn't matter if 5 transfer or 5000 transfer. And the estimate is around half that enter the portal don't land somewhere new. That creates more opportunities for HS recruits. That remains true unless there the number of transfers who don't get spots is less than the number that previously would have just quit. The distribution may be different. Alabama may pick up more than they lost in the portal, but Arizona State may lose more than they get creating more opportunities for HS recruits!

Bisonoline
January 3rd, 2023, 09:22 PM
Again, Most of what you say I can't argue with. However, HS kids are going to soon realize there are no schollys for them. If I am a coach, I am going to actively hit to portal and find proven guys. Sure the top 300 will always have a shot, but the averge FCS and D2 Squad schollys are going to be filled with upperclassmen. THe Gray shirt, or walk on and earn is going to be the new normal going forward. Why take a chance on a developmental project, only to see them leave after you have sunk the effort into them. And at what point do Athletic departments consider themselves "promoters" and start asking players to pay them a fee to "promote" their talents to the NFL....IF you are going to treat it like a paid tryout, why not ask the players to foot the bill...and there is a bill for pretty much every program except about 20 P5 schools....I get it, loyalty is a one way street, but as you take the amature out of the athletics and create free-agency college football, rules will change....and they have (some for the betterment of the athlete), but remember who holds the gavel and makes the rules....it isn't the student Athlete....the rules are not there for their benefit....it was, it is, and it ALWAYS will be about the schools protecting themselves!!! Nobody thinks about the unintended consequences....chickens always come home to roost!!!!

There will always be a need for new players. The portal will not diminish that fact.

ElCid
January 4th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Yea, this is why a large segment of these "enlightened" current generations are still living with mommy and daddy. I am a late Boomer and never felt **** on by any employer I had, maybe it was because I brought value to my employers and they reciprocated in kind. I wouldn't ****ing hire anybody with your mindset to clean my sewer out. Nobody or any employer is going to invest in some clowns that think and act like you appear, at least in your post, to behave and believe. It is a shame.

Bingo! Nailed it.

POD Knows
January 4th, 2023, 10:35 AM
Bingo! Nailed it.
I love how these millennials and younger gens take positive aspects like loyalty, commitment and turn these things on their heads and frame them as negatives. That speaks more to their character, or lack thereof, than some type of failing on the part of “boomers” or Gen X’ers. Pretty sad.

JacksFan40
January 4th, 2023, 11:49 AM
College football is going to have to choose between amateurism or professionalism. Either the players are employees of the schools, and will be compensated for their services and also subject to contracts like in the NFL, or they are student-athletes and will receive scholarships and not much else. To go along with this, if we go the amateur route there should be no way in hell that college coaches should be out earning NFL coaches, conferences signing TV contracts into the hundred millions, and billions generated in revenue off the backs of the players who get nothing in return. No way in hell should we see crap like USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten either, because we can’t even pretend to care about the whole “student”aspect of student-athlete if that’s the case.

Right now CFB is the Wild West in regards to NIL and the transfer portal and something needs to be done fast.

ElCid
January 4th, 2023, 12:14 PM
College football is going to have to choose between amateurism or professionalism. Either the players are employees of the schools, and will be compensated for their services and also subject to contracts like in the NFL, or they are student-athletes and will receive scholarships and not much else. To go along with this, if we go the amateur route there should be no way in hell that college coaches should be out earning NFL coaches, conferences signing TV contracts into the hundred millions, and billions generated in revenue off the backs of the players who get nothing in return. No way in hell should we see crap like USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten either, because we can’t even pretend to care about the whole “student”aspect of student-athlete if that’s the case.

Right now CFB is the Wild West in regards to NIL and the transfer portal and something needs to be done fast.

The types of people who are promoting this type of world have their own interests in mind. They do have the interests of the sport at heart, nor the players, nor the schools, nor the fans interests in mind. It will either self correct, or it will whither. Empty stadiums, lower viewership, ceasing donations, and a general disgust from the fans will ultimately determine the outcome. The dollar incentivized this push; lack of dollars will correct it.

kdinva
January 4th, 2023, 01:05 PM
...However, HS kids are going to soon realize there are no schollys for them.....

Coach Rocco has been telling recruits and underclassmen alike that they don't have to worry about a transfer in taking their playing time. He likes the Portal for this reason @ VMI

ElCid
January 4th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Coach Rocco has been telling recruits and underclassmen alike that they don't have to worry about a transfer in taking their playing time. He likes the Portal for this reason @ VMI

I like it. Use its "non" use as a tool.

uofmman1122
January 6th, 2023, 10:54 PM
Montana QB Daniel Britt to NAU

https://twitter.com/danielcbritt18/status/1611569342440960000

ncspiderfan
January 7th, 2023, 10:01 PM
Richmond grad Tyrek Funderburk DB commits to App State. Third Spider grad to FBS and one I do not think is a grad to Albany that has either two or three years left (I think).

SFA 93
January 8th, 2023, 07:48 AM
SFA picks up Georgia State R/Fr. WR Jaylin Tolbert 6-3; 215 Greenwood, SC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fl47hxHWAAAObXW?format=jpg&name=small

SFA 93
January 8th, 2023, 07:51 AM
SFA gets another OL transfer, this one from Hawaii

https://hawaiiathletics.com/images/2022/7/25/Adams_Nate22_3771.jpg?width=146
OL: Nate Adams 6-7; 310 Flower Mound, Texas (Flower Mound/Hawaii)

kdinva
January 8th, 2023, 09:40 AM
VMI DT Eric Weaver (got his diploma 3 weeks ago), going to Kent. St.

Tribe4SF
January 8th, 2023, 10:54 AM
W&M's PK Ethan Chang is only guy in the portal and is being replaced with Caden Bonoffski, Grad. transfer from Davidson.

https://twitter.com/Caden_Bonoffski/status/1611861472178573314/photo/1

SFA 93
January 8th, 2023, 01:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fl4opaYWQAMKeL4?format=jpg&name=medium
UCF RB: Anthony Williams 6-0; 215 Orlando, Florida (Lake Brantley/UCF) to SFA

ncspiderfan
January 8th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Richmond gets commit from Stefan Black II CB from UNI. SOPH, should have two or three years left I would think depending on COVID year. Looks like he used RS already.

Replaces one of the two CBs Spiders lost to portal.

neverobeyed
January 11th, 2023, 08:46 AM
Richmond gets commit from Stefan Black II CB from UNI. SOPH, should have two or three years left I would think depending on COVID year. Looks like he used RS already.

Replaces one of the two CBs Spiders lost to portal.

A starter this season at UNI. According to a PN post, he wanted to play in a scheme better suited to him (https://www.panthernation.com/forum/specific-sports-topic-forums/panther-recruiting/724691-2023-football-recruiting-thread?p=725359#post725359)

SpreadTheWord
January 11th, 2023, 11:57 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmJFKdPWYAAU33f?format=jpg&name=small

ncspiderfan
January 11th, 2023, 03:39 PM
A starter this season at UNI. According to a PN post, he wanted to play in a scheme better suited to him (https://www.panthernation.com/forum/specific-sports-topic-forums/panther-recruiting/724691-2023-football-recruiting-thread?p=725359#post725359)

thank

SFA 93
January 11th, 2023, 05:23 PM
I saw that, UIW trying to keep it going with the addition of

QB: ZACH CALZADA 6-4; 210 Sugar Hill, Georgia (Lanier/Texas A&M/Auburn) **** #16 QB (ESPN)

Completed 196 passes for 2,318 yards and 19 TD's at Texas A&M.

Started in wins over #1 Alabama, #13 Auburn, and South Carolina

bonarae
January 12th, 2023, 12:39 AM
After the coming season ends, no more second-time transfers...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-votes-to-limit-eligibility-for-second-time-transfers-to-curb-ballooning-portal-usage/

ElCid
January 12th, 2023, 07:36 AM
After the coming season ends, no more second-time transfers...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-votes-to-limit-eligibility-for-second-time-transfers-to-curb-ballooning-portal-usage/

That should do it. Hopefully make players more thoughtful.

FUBeAR
January 12th, 2023, 07:59 AM
That should do it. Hopefully make players more thoughtful.
Maybe … with the Justin Fields “exigent circumstances” and mental health loopholes, just don’t see the now-invertebrate NCAA saying “No” to any young person claiming either or both of these situations compels them to portal out forthwith.

ElCid
January 12th, 2023, 08:13 AM
Maybe … with the Justin Fields “exigent circumstances” and mental health loopholes, just don’t see the now-invertebrate NCAA saying “No” to any young person claiming either or both of these situations compels them to portal out forthwith.

Not sure coaches would want mentally unstable kids on the team. Maybe, but good luck. Or are all these kids mentally ill?

FUBeAR
January 12th, 2023, 08:39 AM
Not sure coaches would want mentally unstable kids on the team. Maybe, but good luck. Or are all these kids mentally ill?
You gotta get out more. Mental Health issues are ‘all the rage’ these days. https://www.itsthezone.com/post/transfer-portal-offers-more-options-for-athletes-struggling-with-mental-health

ElCid
January 12th, 2023, 08:42 AM
You gotta get out more. Mental Health issues are ‘all the rage’ these days. https://www.itsthezone.com/post/transfer-portal-offers-more-options-for-athletes-struggling-with-mental-health

Oh you mean a catch all to rationalize you doing anything you feel like doing. Yeah, got it.

ysubigred
January 13th, 2023, 10:19 AM
Seen the NCAA is going to change some portal rules.. 1 transfer good to go,, 2nd they'll have to sit out a year..

Makes sense this transfer thing seems out of control for some schools.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Fordham
January 13th, 2023, 01:01 PM
Welcome to Fordham, CJ!

https://twitter.com/cjmontes12/status/1612955232165851136

Bisonator
January 18th, 2023, 10:32 AM
NDSU just lost another couple possible starting DB's next season to the portal. xsmhx

Professor Chaos
January 18th, 2023, 10:35 AM
NDSU just lost another couple possible starting DB's next season to the portal. xsmhx
Definite starters... Eubanks was a starter at CB last year and Jones certainly would've started at FS with the departure of Dawson Weber. That's all 4 starters at DB plus the top backup at CB and FS gone due to graduation or transfer. The secondary is going to be a complete unknown.

kdinva
January 18th, 2023, 12:11 PM
Seen the NCAA is going to change some portal rules.. 1 transfer good to go,, 2nd they'll have to sit out a year..

Makes sense this transfer thing seems out of control

I bet there are over two dozen who will have played for four teams within six years. NCAA should do a list similar to;

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/leaders_most_franchises.shtml

deez_na
January 20th, 2023, 09:47 AM
Definite starters... Eubanks was a starter at CB last year and Jones certainly would've started at FS with the departure of Dawson Weber. That's all 4 starters at DB plus the top backup at CB and FS gone due to graduation or transfer. The secondary is going to be a complete unknown.

Won’t we have lost 4 running backs now too? The hell is going on. Everyone leaving.

Go Green
January 20th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Won’t we have lost 4 running backs now too? The hell is going on. Everyone leaving.

Dartmouth feels your pain. Transfers are a big reason why we went 3-7 in 2022 after three straight 9-1 seasons. :( :( :(

NDB
January 20th, 2023, 10:09 AM
It was fun while it lasted!

the only answer is ensuring there is a honey pot for each player.

Ivytalk
January 20th, 2023, 03:05 PM
W&M's PK Ethan Chang is only guy in the portal and is being replaced with Caden Bonoffski, Grad. transfer from Davidson.

https://twitter.com/Caden_Bonoffski/status/1611861472178573314/photo/1

Careful, Sandy! You may end up with Brett Maher.:D

Tribe4SF
January 20th, 2023, 03:38 PM
Careful, Sandy! You may end up with Brett Maher.:D

Ha! The Cowboys wish they had our guy!

SFA 93
January 21st, 2023, 06:40 AM
SFA gets another DB

S: ADRIAN SHEPHERD 5-10; 180 McKinney, Texas (McKinney/Washington State)

caribbeanhen
January 21st, 2023, 06:57 AM
WR Jojo Bermudez transfers to Delaware

from Cincinnati

4 years of eligibility

NJ kid

neverobeyed
January 21st, 2023, 06:13 PM
I bet there are over two dozen who will have played for four teams within six years. NCAA should do a list similar to;

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/leaders_most_franchises.shtml

Play or dress?

I have no issue with guys who are not playing latching on somewhere else, hoping to play and perhaps contribute even if it means they are hitting year six. They wouldn’t be invited if there isn’t a space.

You get one shot at life. Hope they are also getting educations.

ncspiderfan
January 24th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Spider kicker Jake Larson to Charlotte after graduating in May.
First one Spiders had in a while that put a lot of balls in the end zone, that and his distance on FGs will be missed.

Houndawg
January 26th, 2023, 05:29 AM

Most employers would crawl over their dying mother to screw their dead sister if there were a buck in it.

Milktruck74
January 26th, 2023, 06:28 AM
^^^^ Somebody just proved POD's hypothesis in a single sentence!

Houndawg
January 26th, 2023, 06:35 AM
^^^^ Somebody just proved POD's hypothesis in a single sentence!

Your experience might be different.xcoffeex

PaladinNation
January 29th, 2023, 07:39 AM
Furman dips into the transfer portal for very targeted needs.
Furman returns 38 players from its 44-man two-deep, lost both NG's to graduation.

So far Sirod Cook is Furman's only transfer pick-up.
Sirod Cook (5-11, 271 DT/NG) played for Wingate (D-II).
Has one year of eligibility left.
Career stats; 126 tackles, including 33.5 for-loss and 18.5 sacks.

kdinva
January 30th, 2023, 11:12 AM
Spider kicker Jake Larson to Charlotte after graduating in May..

.....lateral move.

Daytripper
January 30th, 2023, 12:58 PM
U of Washington's Sam Huard transferring to Cal-Poly. Former 5-star QB recruit. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sam-huard-transfers-to-cal-poly-as-former-washington-qb-five-star-prospect-reunites-with-high-school-coach/

Milktruck74
January 31st, 2023, 01:05 PM
U of Washington's Sam Huard transferring to Cal-Poly. Former 5-star QB recruit. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sam-huard-transfers-to-cal-poly-as-former-washington-qb-five-star-prospect-reunites-with-high-school-coach/

But what has he done since being a 5 star recruit?

uni88
January 31st, 2023, 01:56 PM
But what has he done since being a 5 star recruit?

Not much but I'm not sure if that proves anything. He played in 4 games as a freshman before redshirting in 2021 and then couldn't beat out Michael Penix Jr. as a redshirt freshman in 2022. Penix Jr. was more familiar with the offense having played for new coach, DeBoer at Indiana and might have been a first round draft choice if he hadn't decided to return for another year at Washington. Huard wasn't going to beat out Penix Jr and 2 year starter Dylan Morris is also on the roster so Huard decided to transfer.

This could turn out to be a really good get for Poly and if it doesn't work out the PR is still good.

POD Knows
January 31st, 2023, 02:49 PM
Most employers would crawl over their dying mother to screw their dead sister if there were a buck in it.
Thanks for making my point. Another victim heard from. Pathetic.

POD Knows
January 31st, 2023, 02:50 PM
Your experience might be different.xcoffeex
My guess it is you that is the problem.

Puddin Tane
January 31st, 2023, 09:31 PM
Lamar signed son of ex-NFL qb, Josh McCown. Aiden McCown. He a little skinny, but should grow some more.

he was recruited by utsa, uiw, and Charlotte.

His older brother was qb at Colorado but got neon deioned.

Puddin Tane
January 31st, 2023, 09:35 PM

that takes a really disturbed mind to come up with that

Bisonoline
January 31st, 2023, 10:23 PM

You must have a great employment history.

bonarae
February 21st, 2023, 11:22 PM
Statistics for the Portal usage have been released.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/2/21/media-center-2022-transfer-trends-released-for-divisions-i-and-ii.aspx

FUBeAR
February 22nd, 2023, 12:54 AM
“At the FCS level, 2022 Transfer Portal entries increased to 2,085, an increase of more than 500 from 2021. Fifty-eight percent of FCS players entered the portal with athletics aid in 2022, a decrease from the 61% entering with aid in 2021.However, 920 received athletics aid at their new NCAA school…”

So…about 1 in 4 of the scholarship FCS Players who entered the portal came way with no scholarship money.

FUBeAR thinks he had WAY more fun doing all the risky things that he could do to lose his scholarship way back when.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2023, 11:45 AM
Washington St (and former Incarnate Word) QB Cam Ward hasn't even announced his intention to enter the portal yet (he can't officially enter the portal until Monday anyway) yet he's already got 10+ seven figure NIL offers:

https://twitter.com/bluebloodsbias/status/1729500265857065082

This is absolutely tampering and it's happening everywhere (albeit for smaller dollar amounts at most places) including for many elite FCS players and the NCAA has no means or authority to prevent it - welcome to the wild west of college football. Get ready for pandemonium on Monday when the portal opens and the surprise departures start rolling in - if it doesn't hit your school this year it will at some point in the future.

Gil Dobie
November 28th, 2023, 02:38 PM
Heard today that Brosmer from UNH has been offered by the Minnesota Gophers.

ngineer
November 28th, 2023, 03:29 PM
Washington St (and former Incarnate Word) QB Cam Ward hasn't even announced his intention to enter the portal yet (he can't officially enter the portal until Monday anyway) yet he's already got 10+ seven figure NIL offers:

https://twitter.com/bluebloodsbias/status/1729500265857065082

This is absolutely tampering and it's happening everywhere (albeit for smaller dollar amounts at most places) including for many elite FCS players and the NCAA has no means or authority to prevent it - welcome to the wild west of college football. Get ready for pandemonium on Monday when the portal opens and the surprise departures start rolling in - if it doesn't hit your school this year it will at some point in the future.

Yep. Totally illegal. NIL money cannot be offered by a school. It is an agreement between a player and company/business to use his likeness, etc., for $$$. It is absolute tampering and the NCAA won't do squat. They are a worthless organization at this point; totally at odds with their stated "mission".

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2023, 04:17 PM
[/B]
Yep. Totally illegal. NIL money cannot be offered by a school. It is an agreement between a player and company/business to use his likeness, etc., for $$$. It is absolute tampering and the NCAA won't do squat. They are a worthless organization at this point; totally at odds with their stated "mission".

Of course they won't do squat...the NCAA is the member schools. If this is what the member schools (or enough of the "big boys") want, then they'll allow it.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2023, 11:37 AM
The guy who runs NDSU's collective said that there are multiple current Bison players with offers ranging from 100k to 250k to enter the transfer portal when it opens for undergrads on Monday and go to another school. I guarantee this is happening at all sorts of FCS schools around the country.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2023, 12:08 PM
The guy who runs NDSU's collective said that there are multiple current Bison players with offers ranging from 100k to 250k to enter the transfer portal when it opens for undergrads on Monday and go to another school. I guarantee this is happening at all sorts of FCS schools around the country.
Impossible!

FUBeAR's signature (below) explicitly prohibits and prevents such mercenary occurrences

Hambone
December 1st, 2023, 12:13 PM

I believe Easton Kilty will get $250k at a minimum based on what I heard.

rhowdyram
December 1st, 2023, 12:16 PM
Four Rhode Island players have already announced for the portal, headlined by CAA Defensive Rookie of the Year Syeed Gibbs.

kdinva
December 1st, 2023, 02:45 PM
VMI receiver Isaiah Lemmond (finishing his fifth semester) is looking in the Portal. all others in portal are finishing their 7th semester in barracks, but a couple could decide to stretch out their academics and come back next Fall.