PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoffs Round 1: Fordham at New Hampshire

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Game kicks off at 2PM ET on Saturday 11/26 and will be streamable on ESPN+. Here's how they break down statistically (the number in parentheses is each team's FCS rank in that particular category).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513022468_892743b6c4_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face #8 Holy Cross.

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Thanks Chaos! UNH is going to score a lot of points in this game. For me its can our defense play like it did the first half of the season and not like we’ve played the last 4 games..

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Fordham's statistical splits are incredible between offense and defense. The offense is all-world (except in the red zone)... the defense is terrible (except on 3rd down).

Fordham
November 20th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Agreed. Likely to be a shoot out. Just so happy we’re in!

JacksFan40
November 20th, 2022, 01:00 PM
I’m looking forward to watch this one, glad Fordham got in, very exciting team. I think UNH has the edge though, but could go either way.

The Cats
November 20th, 2022, 01:01 PM
New Hampshire wins

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2022, 01:20 PM
This game could finish in the 50's. Fordham can't stop anyone and UNH hasn't stopped anyone since the Elon game.

We'll see how the weather plays. Just from a common opponents perspective, Fordham has a better point differential than UNH against the 3 CAA teams they played. Fordham also lost to Ohio by 7 [top of Mac] while UNH lost WMU by 37 [middle of Mac, didn't play]. Game is at home for UNH, so this is probably a coinflip.

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Don’t think either Team is Playoff-worthy, so we’ll go with the MaleGoats to pull the upset & ram the Mildcats, by 3 scores, just like NC Central, of the rugged MEAC, did…to set up the rematch of the Game of the Year in the FCS - the “good loss” to another Patriot League Team - the only reason that Fordham is in the field.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/frustrated-businessman-sitting-desk-office-260nw-290586716.jpg

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2022, 03:19 PM
Don’t think either Team is Playoff-worthy, so we’ll go with the MaleGoats to pull the upset & ram the Mildcats, by 3 scores, just like NC Central, of the rugged MEAC, did…to set up the rematch of the Game of the Year in the FCS - the “good loss” to another Patriot League Team - the only reason that Fordham is in the field.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/frustrated-businessman-sitting-desk-office-260nw-290586716.jpg

To be clear you don't think the CAA champion who has a win over a team Furman is going to lose to next week warrants a playoff spot?

JacksFan40
November 20th, 2022, 03:36 PM
To be clear you don't think the CAA champion who has a win over a team Furman is going to lose to next week warrants a playoff spot?
Nope, and neither is a 9-2 Fordham who’s only losses are to undefeated Holy Cross, and MAC leading Ohio, both nail-biters of games.

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2022, 03:37 PM
To be REALLY clear, any Team that gets blown the **** out, at home, by a MEAC Team doesn’t deserve an At Large bid to the Playoffs

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2022, 03:41 PM
Nope, and neither is a 9-2 Fordham…
…deserving of At Large bid, with their best win over Massey #52, and their defeated FCS opponents have an average Massey rank of 95.

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2022, 03:48 PM
To be REALLY clear, any Team that gets blown the **** out, at home, by a MEAC Team doesn’t deserve an At Large bid to the Playoffs

Go take your medicine, you seem to be really upset. I can tell because you aren't doing that weird act of making sure people know you are talking in the third person

Not our fault Mercer couldn't get it done late in the season 0-3 vs the 3 teams above them.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2022, 03:59 PM
I actually think Mercer and Chattanooga would beat UNH and Fordham in all likelihood. The difference is that when UNH had a shot to beat a good team [Rhode Island, Elon] they did. When Mercer had a shot, they didn't.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Nope, and neither is a 9-2 Fordham who’s only losses are to undefeated Holy Cross, and MAC leading Ohio, both nail-biters of games.

You guys are incredible with the anti-CAA bias. Committee literally gives 5 CAA teams a spot and says "damn, we think the CAA is the second best conference in FCS" and you guys are like, "nah."

ngineer
November 20th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Is there an "over/under" line on this game? I would set it around 90. Should be fund to watch. Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can see the aerial circus.

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2022, 11:23 PM
The probable Walter Payton winner facing off against a team coached by a former winner. An underrated stat for Fordham is that they also run the ball really well. New Hampshire will need to boost their run game to give the defense a longer break before having to face DeMorat again.

NY Crusader 2010
November 21st, 2022, 05:29 AM
The probable Walter Payton winner facing off against a team coached by a former winner. An underrated stat for Fordham is that they also run the ball really well. New Hampshire will need to boost their run game to give the defense a longer break before having to face DeMorat again.

Fordham has the best offense probably in the history of the Patriot League -- and without a doubt the best since I've been following the league beginning in 2005. Meanwhile, they have the worst defense in the conference outside of Georgetown. If Fordham had even a "good" defense by Patriot League standards and a "decent" defense by top-flight FCS standards, they'd be a contender to get to Frisco.

As you pointed out, what makes the Fordham offense such a machine is the fact that they have 2 backs who can gash you to the tune of 6-7 YPC. And while he threw 2 picks against Colgate, DeMorat doesn't throw the ball to the other team often at all. 47 TD 6 INT.

This will be a close game IMO. I'm going to say 43-39 UNH. The Wildcats just seem to be one of those teams that find a way to get it done this year in close games where they need a W. Could very well be just as exciting a game as Holy Cross-Fordham Part I (to be continued...?).

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2022, 06:04 AM
You guys are incredible with the anti-CAA bias. Committee literally gives 5 CAA teams a spot and says "damn, we think the CAA is the second best conference in FCS" and you guys are like, "nah."

I think JacksFan40's post was sarcasm. Maybe I misremembered, but he posted in one of the threads yesterday that Fordham deserved to be in the playoffs.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2022, 07:35 AM
I have watched Fordham play. I will take them.

OhioHen
November 21st, 2022, 07:37 AM
I thought Marty retired! Fordham sets up a PL rematch.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 21st, 2022, 08:48 AM

Labbe the UNH running back was the best RB we faced in the CAA, lightening quick and takes 2 or 3 defenders to take him down, plus returns kicks, tough as nails.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2022, 08:56 AM
Fordham earned and deserved their playoff spot, I’m thinking the CAA getting 5 teams in might not work out so well

ElCid
November 21st, 2022, 09:01 AM
Fordham earned and deserved their playoff spot, I’m thinking the CAA getting 5 teams in might not work out so well

I wouldn't be surprised if three lose this weekend. They could obviously all win, but I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if three lost.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2022, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if three lose this weekend. They could obviously all win, but I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if three lost.

2 of 3 maybe but if Richmond loses against Davidson they should ask Sherman for a sequel

KPSUL
November 21st, 2022, 09:19 AM
2 of 3 maybe but if Richmond loses against Davidson they should ask Sherman for a sequel

A total of 4 CAA Teams are playing Round 1. IMHO Elon has the toughest opponent, UNH next, followed by Delaware and then Richmond. Why would it be a big disgrace for the conference to go 2 of 4 in the playoffs? We had plenty of teams ranked throughout the season but most were in the 2nd half of the Top 25 and frequently not more than 1 team in the Top 10.

It's the Big Sky, not the CAA, that should cut through the 1st and 2nd Round games like a hot knife through butter - based on their rankings all season.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2022, 09:31 AM
A total of 4 CAA Teams are playing Round 1. IMHO Elon has the toughest opponent, UNH next, followed by Delaware and then Richmond. Why would it be a big disgrace for the conference to go 2 of 4 in the playoffs? We had plenty of teams ranked throughout the season but most were in the 2nd half of the Top 25 and frequently not more than 1 team in the Top 10.

It's the Big Sky, not the CAA that should cut through the 1st and 2nd Round game like a hot knife through butter - based on their rankings all season.

I am of the opinion that there are only two real quality teams in the CAA this year, I used to think their were three but Delaware loss at Elon changed my mind. Sure Elon could be the third one but I’m not sold on them beating Furman.

When I say “Quality team” I’m talking about a team that could get into the Semi

Right now those teams William & Mary followed by Richmond

That stunning loss at home to North Carolina Central could be a big hint about the CAA and we’re about to find out

Fordham
November 21st, 2022, 10:00 AM
Fordham has the best offense probably in the history of the Patriot League -- and without a doubt the best since I've been following the league beginning in 2005. Meanwhile, they have the worst defense in the conference outside of Georgetown. If Fordham had even a "good" defense by Patriot League standards and a "decent" defense by top-flight FCS standards, they'd be a contender to get to Frisco.

As you pointed out, what makes the Fordham offense such a machine is the fact that they have 2 backs who can gash you to the tune of 6-7 YPC. And while he threw 2 picks against Colgate, DeMorat doesn't throw the ball to the other team often at all. 47 TD 6 INT.

This will be a close game IMO. I'm going to say 43-39 UNH. The Wildcats just seem to be one of those teams that find a way to get it done this year in close games where they need a W. Could very well be just as exciting a game as Holy Cross-Fordham Part I (to be continued...?).

Can't disagree with any of that. To make matters worse on D we actually do have a few really legit defenders who will likely get a camp invite next year. Two of those were injured on Saturday and I'm not sure their status. Coste is a beast at NG and had a knee injury and never came back in. Fwiw, we reverted to how we played earlier in the season after he came out. Greenhagen also went down in a scary way but I believe he's ok because he came back in by the end. Without either or both we will be hard pressed to stop UNH's O and the pressure will be on our O to score on every possession.

KPSUL
November 21st, 2022, 10:12 AM
I am of the opinion that there are only two real quality teams in the CAA this year, I used to think their were three but Delaware loss at Elon changed my mind. Sure Elon could be the third one but I’m not sold on them beating Furman.

When I say “Quality team” I’m talking about a team that could get into the Semi

Right now those teams William & Mary followed by Richmond

That stunning loss at home to North Carolina Central could be a big hint about the CAA and we’re about to find out

I don't disagree with you. I hope I'm wrong, but I think W&M is a long shot to make the Semi's, and I don't expect anyone else in the CAA to get there. As far as UNH, most of us (UNH Fans) are pleasantly surprised to see our guys in the playoffs and Co-Champions of the CAA. I was hoping for a 6-5 season, maybe 5-3 in the conference and being set up for a playoff run next season. So we are playing with house money at this point. 2022 UNH is a young team, the majority of our guys have 2 more seasons of eligibility. Fordham is a very solid, experienced opponent - I really don't have much of clue how that game will turn out. I do think we'll be able to run the ball, Fordham, like everyone else we've played this season will be surprised to see how hard it is to get Dylan Laube on the ground. QB Max Brosmer is playing extremely well and the team is generally healthy for this point of the season.

The repeated comments about the "Bad" and now "stunning" loss to NC Central is ridiculous. Take a look at the final regular season AGS Poll; NC Central is 26th, right behind #25 Delaware and 1 position ahead of the Blue Hen's 1st Round opponent, #27 St. Francis. It's ludicrous, almost FUBEAR like, to try to disparage the entire CAA because of that game.

JoltinJoe
November 21st, 2022, 11:11 AM
…deserving of At Large bid, with their best win over Massey #52, and their defeated FCS opponents have an average Massey rank of 95.

Stop trolling this game discussion thread because of your grievances about what the committee did to Furman and/or dislike of the CAA. UNH is a co-champ of the CAA. But for some ref home cooking down the stretch, Fordham would have pulled off one of the most impressive FCS wins over FBS this year. Both teams EARNED their way into the field. You insult both teams with your unfounded comments.

Good luck to Furman in its first round game. But why don't you let UNH and Fordham fans enjoy their discussion over what should be a fun and exciting game?

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2022, 11:26 AM
Stop trolling this game discussion thread because of your grievances about what the committee did to Furman and/or dislike of the CAA. UNH is a co-champ of the CAA. But for some ref home cooking down the stretch, Fordham would have pulled off one of the most impressive FCS wins over FBS this year. Both teams EARNED their way into the field. You insult both teams with your unfounded comments.

Good luck to Furman in its first round game. But why don't you let UNH and Fordham fans enjoy their discussion over what should be a fun and exciting game?
FUBeAR genuinely appreciates your concern for thread sanctity and also your take charge approach.

That said, as thread Captain, you should note that FUBeAR’s initial post in this thread included commentary picking your Team to win and voting in the poll…

”…we’ll go with the MaleGoats to pull the upset & ram the Mildcats, by 3 scores...”

FUBeAR believes this is within the scope of the thread…correct?

Then, we saw several New Hampshire fans and a South Dakota fan quote-reply to FUBeAR’s in-scope post with commentary related to / challenging / disagreeing with FUBeAR’s commentary. Perhaps they were upset over FUBeAR picking Fordham to win handily.

Are you suggesting that here, in your thread, FUBeAR is not allowed to respond to posts that quote-reply directly to his posts? That seems a bit draconian, but it’s your thread, so FUBeAR will comply going forward…probably.

GO RAMS!

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2022, 11:46 AM
I don't disagree with you. I hope I'm wrong, but I think W&M is a long shot to make the Semi's, and I don't expect anyone else in the CAA to get there. As far as UNH, most of us (UNH Fans) are pleasantly surprised to see our guys in the playoffs and Co-Champions of the CAA. I was hoping for a 6-5 season, maybe 5-3 in the conference and being set up for a playoff run next season. So we are playing with house money at this point. 2022 UNH is a young team, the majority of our guys have 2 more seasons of eligibility. Fordham is a very solid, experienced opponent - I really don't have much of clue how that game will turn out. I do think we'll be able to run the ball, Fordham, like everyone else we've played this season will be surprised to see how hard it is to get Dylan Laube on the ground. QB Max Brosmer is playing extremely well and the team is generally healthy for this point of the season.

The repeated comments about the "Bad" and now "stunning" loss to NC Central is ridiculous. Take a look at the final regular season AGS Poll; NC Central is 26th, right behind #25 Delaware and 1 position ahead of the Blue Hen's 1st Round opponent, #27 St. Francis. It's ludicrous, almost FUBEAR like, to try to disparage the entire CAA because of that game.

Really now

When was the last time that New Hampshire lost to a team from the MEAC?

Before this year, when is the last time a CAA team lost to a team from the MEAC?

Sorry but that loss at home was an eye opener, not just for New Hampshire but the entire CAA

JoltinJoe
November 22nd, 2022, 12:22 PM
FUBeAR genuinely appreciates your concern for thread sanctity and also your take charge approach.

That said, as thread Captain, you should note that FUBeAR’s initial post in this thread included commentary picking your Team to win and voting in the poll…

”…we’ll go with the MaleGoats to pull the upset & ram the Mildcats, by 3 scores...”

FUBeAR believes this is within the scope of the thread…correct?

Then, we saw several New Hampshire fans and a South Dakota fan quote-reply to FUBeAR’s in-scope post with commentary related to / challenging / disagreeing with FUBeAR’s commentary. Perhaps they were upset over FUBeAR picking Fordham to win handily.

Are you suggesting that here, in your thread, FUBeAR is not allowed to respond to posts that quote-reply directly to his posts? That seems a bit draconian, but it’s your thread, so FUBeAR will comply going forward…probably.

GO RAMS!

Thanks for your support. I picked the Rams to win, but candidly that was more of a call of my heart than my head. I do think we can win this game but my judgment -- which is otherwise pretty solid -- is never perfect when I have a rooting interest. I expect a high scoring game, but you don't need to be a football savant to make that prediction.

UNHWildcat18
November 22nd, 2022, 12:26 PM
Really now

Before this year, when is the last time a CAA team lost to a team from the MEAC?

Sorry but that loss at home was an eye opener, not just for New Hampshire but the entire CAA

NCA&T beat Elon in 2019…..lol Also if that’s an eye opener Towson struggled to get by Morgan state yet did something UD couldn’t do this year. Beat Nova. Football math isn’t the best measuring tool sometimes, occasionally teams have a breakdown. I don’t think UNH has ever lost to a SWAC or MEAC team before….. at least the first time we did it was to their conference champ..

Edit: I looked it up, UNH has only played three HBCU’s Hampton/Bethune back in the playoffs (wins) and in the game this year vs NCCU.. I think the data base only went back to 2007

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2022, 01:30 PM
NCA&T beat Elon in 2019…..lol Also if that’s an eye opener Towson struggled to get by Morgan state yet did something UD couldn’t do this year. Beat Nova. Football math isn’t the best measuring tool sometimes, occasionally teams have a breakdown. I don’t think UNH has ever lost to a SWAC or MEAC team before….. at least the first time we did it was to their conference champ..

Edit: I looked it up, UNH has only played three HBCU’s Hampton/Bethune back in the playoffs (wins) and in the game this year vs NCCU.. I think the data base only went back to 2007

ok Thats 1

Wofford beat Elon last year too

Towson struggled to get by Morgan State this year, that’s why I phrased the question before this year

Massey has a good database on historical games

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2022, 04:30 PM
Really now

Typical C-Hen post. Why do you put text in bold if you're not going to address what you've actually Highlighted? I'll try again - maybe you can enlighten us why loosing to a team higher ranked than your Playoff opponent, and directly behind "Why not Delaware", is so bad or stunning?

Take a look at the final regular season AGS Poll; NC Central is 26th, right behind #25 Delaware and 1 position ahead of the Blue Hen's 1st Round opponent, #27 St. Francis.

Repeating this continuously disparages NC Central which played an outstanding game against UNH back in September and will be playing in the Celebration Bowl. I'm looking forward to visiting the NC Central campus for the return game either 2024 or 2025.

Now to answer your questions based on my memory: I think UNH has played only two MEAC teams prior to the loss to NCCU - both playoff games more than 10 years ago, Hampton and Bethune-Cookman, both were wins. The last time I recall a MEAC team beating a CAA team was not very long ago: 2019, NC A&T over Elon.

semobison
November 22nd, 2022, 04:53 PM

Well said JoltinJoe! Playoffs are here and I am looking forward to calmly watching the first round games. Pulling for Fordham in this one!

UNH72Plus
November 22nd, 2022, 05:06 PM
Demorat looks like a great FCS QB, he has 3 receivers with 1000+ yards, and two quality running backs. But before we start handling out any awards let's have a look at the comparative schedules. Excluding Holy Cross, the other 9 FCS teams that Fordham played lost had a combined total of 25 wins and 74 losses. None of these teams had a winning record, and in fact only 2 had more that 3 wins. Wagner who finished the year at 1-10 and ranked #128 on the Massey Composite, and who averaged 12.6 points per game scored 38 against Fordham. The FCS teams that UNH played had a combined total of 53 wins and 55 losses. Six of these teams had winning records. In two separate "strength of schedule" rankings (theanalyst.com and warrennolan.com) UNH came in at #28 and #49; while Fordham was dead last at #130 in one and #119 in the other. Three of UNH's opponents finished in the top 21 of the Coaches Poll, and two finished in the top 13 of the Stat's Poll and the AGS Poll. Holy Cross is Fordham's only one of opponent to appear in any of these polls. So, let's see what happens on Saturday

JoltinJoe
November 22nd, 2022, 05:28 PM
Demorat looks like a great FCS QB, he has 3 receivers with 1000+ yards, and two quality running backs. But before we start handling out any awards let's have a look at the comparative schedules. Excluding Holy Cross, the other 9 FCS teams that Fordham played lost had a combined total of 25 wins and 74 losses. None of these teams had a winning record, and in fact only 2 had more that 3 wins. Wagner who finished the year at 1-10 and ranked #128 on the Massey Composite, and who averaged 12.6 points per game scored 38 against Fordham. The FCS teams that UNH played had a combined total of 53 wins and 55 losses. Six of these teams had winning records. In two separate "strength of schedule" rankings (theanalyst.com and warrennolan.com) UNH came in at #28 and #49; while Fordham was dead last at #130 in one and #119 in the other. Three of UNH's opponents finished in the top 21 of the Coaches Poll, and two finished in the top 13 of the Stat's Poll and the AGS Poll. Holy Cross is Fordham's only one of opponent to appear in any of these polls. So, let's see what happens on Saturday

Fordham nearly beat the MAC leader and likely champion, on the road, and would have finished off what would have been one of the biggest FCS wins over a FBS this year -- except for some referee home-cooking down the stretch which turned the game.

As for the defense, the unit which took the field against Wagner and in other early games has been re-worked. Underperforming upperclassmen moved out; younger players moved it. Defense may not be a strength, but the unit was getting better as the season progressed.

Fordham's offense hung 52 points and rolled up 640 total yards on a team which is leading an FBS conference. It can score points and rack up yardage against anyone. When you figure Fordham's FBS opponent into the strength of schedule, the SOS figure improves dramatically.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2022, 05:44 PM
Typical C-Hen post. Why do you put text in bold if you're not going to address what you've actually Highlighted? I'll try again - maybe you can enlighten us why loosing to a team higher ranked than your Playoff opponent, and directly behind "Why not Delaware", is so bad or stunning?

Take a look at the final regular season AGS Poll; NC Central is 26th, right behind #25 Delaware and 1 position ahead of the Blue Hen's 1st Round opponent, #27 St. Francis.

Repeating this continuously disparages NC Central which played an outstanding game against UNH back in September and will be playing in the Celebration Bowl. I'm looking forward to visiting the NC Central campus for the return game either 2024 or 2025.

Now to answer your questions based on my memory: I think UNH has played only two MEAC teams prior to the loss to NCCU - both playoff games more than 10 years ago, Hampton and Bethune-Cookman, both were wins. The last time I recall a MEAC team beating a CAA team was not very long ago: 2019, NC A&T over Elon.

And New Hampshire is very lucky that NC Central is going to the Celebration Bowl or they would’ve taken your spot in the playoffs.... No need for you to pretend like back in September you knew NC Central was gonna be ranked so high at the end of the year.

NC Central is ranked 53 on Massey

https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/fcs/ratings

Now prepare yourself for a last-second heartbreaking loss at the hands of Tim Demorat xcoffeex

UNHWildcat18
November 22nd, 2022, 06:32 PM
And New Hampshire is very lucky that NC Central is going to the Celebration Bowl or they would’ve taken your spot in the playoffs.... No need for you to pretend like back in September you knew NC Central was gonna be ranked so high at the end of the year.

NC Central is ranked 53 on Massey

https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/fcs/ratings

Now prepare yourself for a last-second heartbreaking loss at the hands of Tim Demorat xcoffeex

oh please, if any team was going to get kicked if they joined it would have been you guys or Montana. How’d that game vs Elon go for you guys? Hope Carty doesn’t blow it vs St.Francis like he did vs Nova

Tribal
November 22nd, 2022, 06:42 PM
I hope every CAA team wins until they face W&M. I don’t get the CAA fan on CAA fan crime. Everyone who posted on this thread supports a team in contention…let’s enjoy it, discuss this matchup in particular, and all rejoice in the fact that JMU is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2022, 07:34 PM
I hope every CAA team wins until they face W&M. I don’t get the CAA fan on CAA fan crime. Everyone who posted on this thread supports a team in contention…let’s enjoy it, discuss this matchup in particular, and all rejoice in the fact that JMU is gone.

Well spoken! Exactly how I feel. I'd like to see every CAA team win in rounds 1 & 2, I don't think there are any possible conference match-ups before the Qtr Finals.

ncspiderfan
November 22nd, 2022, 07:39 PM
Well spoken! Exactly how I feel. I'd like to see every CAA team win in rounds 1 & 2, I don't think there are any possible conference match-ups before the Qtr Finals.

Agree with you both. Pulling for all CAA teams until Spiders meet one, let's hope they make it until we have to worry about it.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2022, 08:09 PM

I have been battling the Big Sky fanboys all year with their biased polls and despite them admitting to not watching any CAA games all year, they have systematically ranked the best CAA teams lower than the Big Sky, so trust me, I’m ready to see William & Mary go up against Montana State and I hope you beat them. Two weeks ago, Chulo Batman Proudly proclaimed he had “taken a good and hard look at Richmond” and therefore, did not include them in his top 25 poll. Didn’t see any of you guys over there defending the Caribbean on that one... But who cares, let’s watch some CAA football with five teams in

Don’t pay any attention to KPSUL, he actually likes me 😂 and I have always routed for the CAA and even UNH in the playoffs.... oh even Villanova

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2022, 10:12 PM
I can honestly say that I can root for 80% of the CAA teams in the FCS playoffs. I’ll leave it up to your imagination which 1 is excluded. Honestly, I won’t mind if that team wins round 1 either.

It would set up for a massacre not seen in those parts since Custer in the SE Montana Territory. (Close enough to Brookings to reference here) xpeacex

TribeNomad1
November 23rd, 2022, 07:15 AM
I have been battling the Big Sky fanboys all year with their biased polls and despite them admitting to not watching any CAA games all year, they have systematically ranked the best CAA teams lower than the Big Sky, so trust me, I’m ready to see William & Mary go up against Montana State and I hope you beat them. Two weeks ago, Chulo Batman Proudly proclaimed he had “taken a good and hard look at Richmond” and therefore, did not include them in his top 25 poll. Didn’t see any of you guys over there defending the Caribbean on that one... But who cares, let’s watch some CAA football with five teams in

Don’t pay any attention to KPSUL, he actually likes me  and I have always routed for the CAA and even UNH in the playoffs.... oh even Villanova

I have watched parts of a few games on ESPN +, inc. Sac. State, SDSU, even Jackson State. Sac. State and SDSU look really, really solid, but will get better feel while watching games in this playoff format. Will be watching Montana State with more interest. For sure, fans from more distant regions do not really know all of the other teams. That is why we play these games.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2022, 08:21 AM

Don’t pay any attention to KPSUL, he actually likes me  and I have always routed for the CAA and even UNH in the playoffs.... oh even Villanova

Welcome to the end of thread CAA Lovefest!

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2022, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the end of thread CAA Lovefest!

xhighfivexxhugxxlovexxhandshakexxlovexxhugxxhighfi vex

xwavex

THE END

Fordham
November 24th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Get a room, CAA fans!

Great to see Joltin Joe back here again! Has to be a good omen!

Go Rams! Happy Thanksgiving, gang

ncspiderfan
November 24th, 2022, 08:33 PM
Labbe the UNH running back was the best RB we faced in the CAA, lightening quick and takes 2 or 3 defenders to take him down, plus returns kicks, tough as nails.

Guy is a stud, UNH run game might slow game down enough to keep DeMorat on the sidelines more than he is expecting. Yoder and Labbe best I saw Spiders face for sure.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2022, 10:07 PM
UNH's #1 RB Dylan Laube (not Labbe)

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2022, 08:40 AM
UNH's #1 RB Dylan Laube (not Labbe)

Oops, I get fat fingers sometimes. Meant no disrespect to this young man.

Spiders actually were lucky enough to hold him to 29 yards net rushing, so he catches it for 40 and returns a kickoff for 100. He is a weapon to be feared.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2022, 08:29 PM
Oops, I get fat fingers sometimes. Meant no disrespect to this young man.

Spiders actually were lucky enough to hold him to 29 yards net rushing, so he catches it for 40 and returns a kickoff for 100. He is a weapon to be feared.

I know you didn't, since I hope we'll be hearing a lot about him over the next couple years I just wanted to get the correct spelling out there.

I'm sure it was more than luck that allowed Richmond to hold UNH to so few yards rushing. Your guys virtually shut us down in the first half except for that hail Mary on the last play.

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2022, 08:46 PM
o
I know you didn't, since I hope we'll be hearing a lot about him over the next couple years I just wanted to get the correct spelling out there.

I'm sure it was more than luck that allowed Richmond to hold UNH to so few yards rushing. Your guys virtually shut us down in the first half except for that hail Mary on the last play.

Hope we can shut done Davidson for the whole game, one of our DTs said he had not played against triple option, since Jacksonville game (I think is who he mentioned) who does not even have football anymore. William and Mary ran a couple of options against Spiders last week and they were very successful, so hope the guys got familiar with it again.

GL tomorrow as well as all the CAA teams in action.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2022, 08:55 PM
I'm not so sure that there will be a complete lack of defense in this game. Both starting UNH Defensive Ends were first team all CAA. During the end of the regular season UNH was facing a series of QBs that were serious running threats so Silver and Ruiz were focused on keeping the QB in the pocket. Against Fordham I think we'll see them going directly after the QB more frequently. We also have some pretty experienced defensive tackles starting with Nico Kvietkus. All along the defensive front we have excellent depth and guys are in and out of those positions all game.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2022, 09:03 PM
o

Hope we can shut done Davidson for the whole game, one of our DTs said he had not played against triple option, since Jacksonville game (I think is who he mentioned) who does not even have football anymore. William and Mary ran a couple of options against Spiders last week and they were very successful, so hope the guys got familiar with it again.

The guys on the FCS Wedge had Richmond winning tomorrow by somewhere between 20 and 30 points. I don't know if you should consider that as good or bad news actually. xchinscratchx

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2022, 09:11 PM
o

Davidson won’t be able to keep up with you, Udenski should surgically rip up that secondary. I can see Davy making some early scores though

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2022, 10:09 PM
The guys on the FCS Wedge had Richmond winning tomorrow by somewhere between 20 and 30 points. I don't know if you should consider that as good or bad news actually. xchinscratchx

One point is enough, but I hope they are right. If Spiders are fortunate enough and win, they have a long trip against another tough team the next week. Starters getting pulled early could pay dividends against a bye team, but I do not see the margin as that much, hope I am wrong.

Hard enough to get in playoffs and Davidson deserves more respect, would certainly help if FCS Wedge would not slap our opponents in the face with stuff like that, I feel sure the Spider players take Davidson very seriously and are not looking past them.

FUBeAR
November 25th, 2022, 10:20 PM
One point is enough, but I hope they are right. If Spiders are fortunate enough and win, they have a long trip against another tough team the next week. Starters getting pulled early could pay dividends against a bye team, but I do not see the margin as that much, hope I am wrong.

Hard enough to get in playoffs and Davidson deserves more respect, would certainly help if FCS Wedge would not slap our opponents in the face with stuff like that, I feel sure the Spider players take Davidson very seriously and are not looking past them.
https://media.tenor.com/KHoa7SfvMYkAAAAM/squish-you.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2022, 10:24 PM
Can Conlin finally get the Rams over the hump in a big time game? I believe top to bottom this is the best team in the PL except one key spot, head coach. Conlin took his foot off the gas against Ohio and HC and it bit Fordham both times. They've held leads at half against HC in previous years and lost. Colgate got them in Hamilton to conclude last year when a win at least keeps the Rams in the at-large bid discussion; unlikely but still.

This game could seriously challenge the record for highest scoring 1-AA/FCS playoff game ever.

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2022, 10:37 PM
https://media.tenor.com/KHoa7SfvMYkAAAAM/squish-you.gif

I'd worry about Elon in your situation.

Fordham
November 26th, 2022, 07:53 AM
Can Conlin finally get the Rams over the hump in a big time game? I believe top to bottom this is the best team in the PL except one key spot, head coach. Conlin took his foot off the gas against Ohio and HC and it bit Fordham both times. They've held leads at half against HC in previous years and lost. Colgate got them in Hamilton to conclude last year when a win at least keeps the Rams in the at-large bid discussion; unlikely but still.

This game could seriously challenge the record for highest scoring 1-AA/FCS playoff game ever.

Yep, we’ll see.

I expect UNH D to challenge us more than we’ve had it before. A key thing to look out for is if Coste is playing at NG. He’s an absolute beast and got hurt last week. If he can’t go, I don’t know how we stop their running game. Even with him in it will be tough. Without him, it’s a scary proposition

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Yep, we’ll see.

I expect UNH D to challenge us more than we’ve had it before. A key thing to look out for is if Coste is playing at NG. He’s an absolute beast and got hurt last week. If he can’t go, I don’t know how we stop their running game. Even with him in it will be tough. Without him, it’s a scary proposition

Hey Fordham you there? I was there for our 2013 playoff game. Damn high of 30 degrees but thankfully sunny and NO WIND AT ALL! Love the tailgate section with the rock outcrops, very cool. Good luck today!

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 08:07 AM
Fordham is a tough squad this year. UNH is also very good. What a great playoff game. Where is UNH Alum in CT? Havent seen him on this thread? Met him last year in Easton for UNH game which was good one!

Tribal
November 26th, 2022, 08:28 AM
What is the chance both teams will score in the 40s?

Tribal
November 26th, 2022, 08:29 AM
Duplicate post

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 09:39 AM
I have zero interest in seeing Fordham again.

While the PL homer in me would like to see the Rams pick up a win, think HC has a better chance at beating UNH next weekend.

Go Cats, I guess.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2022, 09:45 AM
I have zero interest in seeing Fordham again.

While the PL homer in me would like to see the Rams pick up a win, think HC has a better chance at beating UNH next weekend.

Go Cats, I guess.

Im thinking you’re gonna get UNH, might change my mind in a few minutes though

The last play of the game is just not in focus yet

ncspiderfan
November 26th, 2022, 10:53 AM
I'm not so sure that there will be a complete lack of defense in this game. Both starting UNH Defensive Ends were first team all CAA. During the end of the regular season UNH was facing a series of QBs that were serious running threats so Silver and Ruiz were focused on keeping the QB in the pocket. Against Fordham I think we'll see them going directly after the QB more frequently. We also have some pretty experienced defensive tackles starting with Nico Kvietkus. All along the defensive front we have excellent depth and guys are in and out of those positions all game.

GL today, Wildcats only CAA team, besides seeded Tribe that does not have to get on an airplane next week with a victory I believe.

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2022, 11:22 AM
I'm going with UNH 43 Fordham 38. Wildcats have proven multiple times throughout the season they can win the big game when needed.

And I still haven't yet decided who to root for, as far as who I would rather Holy Cross face.

The PL homer in me is cheering for Fordham.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 11:47 AM
Does UNH have lights? Our playoff game in 2013 was at noon if I recall so no issue

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Does UNH have lights? Our playoff game in 2013 was at noon if I recall so no issue

They do! It was cited as a big reason why they hosted Lehigh in 2016. An absolute debacle I made the 7 hour drive for...

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.18169-9/15268025_1351382574894170_6787807969706375142_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=tpvCEYQ2i7QAX-W3mDq&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&oh=00_AfCoemVj7Ux3y_ATQgK7BcioK0IUrhUb7xc7FGOgDmRj fQ&oe=63A9C41C

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:09 PM
Fordham marching right down the field but fumbles inside the UNH 5. Those are things FU simply can't do....

Then proceed to give up a 96 yard TD...lol....

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:10 PM
TD UNH LAUBEE WITH A MASSIVE RUN
87 yard TD! Fordham LB had no chance

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 01:13 PM
Very quick momentum swing there, 0-7 to 7-0 in 3 plays.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:18 PM
Dylan Laube great 35 yard catch. Brings UNH to the 40 on one play

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:18 PM
UNH's LG, #72, is a mountain of a human....

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Coyne reels in the TD pass on 3rd down. UNH 14-0!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:29 PM
TD UNH...Rams offense has to score on this upcoming drive. That first drive turnover then ensuing huge TD was an immediate monster change to the flow of this game..

14-0 Wildcats 4:37 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Rams with an immediate answer!

14-7 2:19 1Q

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Fordham with the response. 14-7 hopefully UNH can clean it up on D next time around, because I don’t think UNH offense is going to be stopped a lot either today and we have nice sustained drives. Fordham playing the quick no huddle offense

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Fordham on the board with a TD, the race to 50 is on....

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:38 PM
UNH TD!

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:41 PM
INT UNH! UNH takes over at the 50 up 21-7

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 01:43 PM
I know I shouldn't say this with how good Fordham's offense is, but it feels like this game is already done. I don't see the Rams getting many, if any, stops today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Fordham with a big stop following the turnover. Need to put together another drive to start 2Q

Tribal
November 26th, 2022, 01:46 PM
UNH is on pace to score 84.

I want UNH to win but would love to see a shootout til the end

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:47 PM
I know I shouldn't say this with how good Fordham's offense is, but it feels like this game is already done. I don't see the Rams getting many, if any, stops today.

well it’s like 4th and 6th now at the Fordham 32 I believe. Wouldn’t be surprised if we go for it as it’s a long FG attempt. If we make it and score another TD it will be really hard for Fordham to come back.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Turnover on down, crappy throw by Brosmer. 10 inches higher and lepowski catches it 10/10 times

- - - Updated - - -

INT UNH! Ball back at the 45!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:50 PM
UNH with the INT after it deflects off the Ram WR's hands. Fordham ain't winning this game with all these turnovers...

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Omg if UNH scores here...

semobison
November 26th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Fordham has an NAIA caliber defense!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 01:54 PM
This looks like UNH vs Lehigh 2016 all over. I've seen this before. Fordham getting rolled. Embarrassing....

UNHWildcat18
UNH driving… and TD Laube!

crusader11
HC will have its hands full next weekend…

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 01:57 PM
UNH 28 Fordham 7

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 02:01 PM
The Rams needed that but unless they can string together some stops nothing more than stat padding....

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 02:02 PM
HC will have its hands full next weekend…

With either team….

Fordham can score so quickly. If they can get a stop here, scoring to make it 28-21 before half makes it a new game.

Both teams are scoring 50+ today.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:03 PM
The Rams needed that but unless they can string together some stops nothing more than stat padding....

If UNH drives again and actually doesn’t give up the 1-1 deep ball. Fordham is going to have to get more creative.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 02:05 PM
UNH 28 Fordham 14

- - - Updated - - -

Art Link doing very good job at D3 Christian Newport Univ

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Just when I think UNH is going to chew up a 5 min drive we have a 42 yard run to the 19…

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Fordham with a blocked FG...just might be "game on" time....

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Fordham blocks a FG, now a huge chance to get back within 7

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Fordham gets a FG block. Hope UNH D can force a punt this drive

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 02:12 PM
Announcer says Fordham has 6 minutes to go down the field to get a TD. They'll probably have 3 more drives this half yet lol

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:14 PM
UNH forces a crucial punt. Let’s see if we can drive down with 5 min to go and score to close out the half

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 02:18 PM
UNH forces a crucial punt. Let’s see if we can drive down with 5 min to go and score to close out the half

What do you think spread should be for final

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:23 PM
Really dumb 3rd down play. Just run the ball on 3-1…..

again wtf is wrong with UNH. 4th down and we pass it to the Lepowski who’s dropped 3 passes now…. This game should be like 35-14… staff keeping Fordham in this game.

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Why would you throw it there twice in a row?

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Omg wow. UNH pays for their STUPID ****ING MISTAKES.

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 02:26 PM
Wow what a great play by the WR to catch it and then run into the end zone.

Fordham scored too quickly though, left too much time for UNH lol

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 02:26 PM
TD Fordham! Officially game on!

-3 turnovers though. they're still chasing...

Vooter
November 26th, 2022, 02:31 PM
UNH 28, DeMorat 21

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 02:33 PM
Entertaining first half. If Fordham doesn't turn the ball over they could be up 1 or 2 TD's

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 02:34 PM
700+ yards of offense in the first half.

Fordham has to absolutely love where they are going into half.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Amazing stuff...700+ offensive yards in first half!

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:40 PM
UNH coaching staff keeping this game close. That 3 and 4th and one plays were the worst calls I’ve seen in a while.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 02:56 PM
UNH scores on the first play from scrimmage in the second half...lol

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Well 1 play one TD! 70 yard run

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 02:57 PM
Well 1 play one TD! 70 yard run

Fordhams defensive strategy is to get the ball back to the offense as fast as possible. Often that means letting the other team score as fast possible [emoji23]

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:00 PM
So nearing 500 yards first few minutes of 2nd half

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 03:02 PM
UNH secondary so banged up right now

BNiche
November 26th, 2022, 03:07 PM
... Conlin has a challenge, right? Why wasn't that catch reviewed?

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 03:09 PM
... Conlin has a challenge, right? Why wasn't that catch reviewed?

I think it would've been upheld.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:21 PM
TD Fordham! But UNH has great field position...

UNH 35-28

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:31 PM
TD UNH!

42-28 1:35 3Q

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Wow it seems like Fordham cant seem to stay within 14

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2022, 03:33 PM
UNHs secondary is so banged up it’s laughable…..

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:35 PM
UNH 42 Fordham 28 End 3Q...Ram ball and driving...

Those turnovers have been the difference. You can't give possessions away in a game like this.

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 03:40 PM
Just need a stop now…

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:40 PM
TD Rams! But can they get a stop/turnover? Onside kick?!?!

grizband
November 26th, 2022, 03:42 PM
Among FCS schools:

Scoring Defense
Fordham - #100
UNH - #53

Scoring Offense
Fordham - #2
UNH - T. #44

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:43 PM
TD Rams! But can they get a stop/turnover? Onside kick?!?!

Yo Owl how much time left?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:44 PM
Yo Owl how much time left?

12:58 4Q

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Did anyone take prop bet over 90?

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Huge 3rd down play coming up for Fordham's defense after giving up the last 3rd and 10

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:48 PM
Rams hold UNH to a FG...back to a two possession game...

UNH 45-35 about 11 minutes left

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 03:49 PM
UNH kicker makes his longest FG this season, Fordham getting the ball down 10 with just under 11 minutes left

Vooter
November 26th, 2022, 03:49 PM
UNH FG...45-35, Wildcats...10:50 left in the fourth...

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:51 PM
UNH FG...lights on in Durham

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:54 PM
UNH gets a huge stop. The Wildcats can go for the kill shot on this drive...

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:55 PM
And here we go..this is it

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Huge 3rd down coming up...Rams need a stop. clock is ticking...

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Huge turnover for the Rams! They're not dead yet

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 03:59 PM
They have got to hurry...Coach have a conversion dialed up now! Off a fake PAT...

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 03:59 PM
.....and the Rams go 4 and out, giving the ball back to UNH with 7 minutes left

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Following the turnover the Rams get 1 yard on 4 downs. UNH ball again just like that with a chance to end all hope...

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Wow what a tepid end...1 yard in 4 tries

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 04:10 PM
TD UNH...curtains for the Rams.... Cats 52-35 4:10 4Q

UNH vs HC will be interesting. I expect a cleaner game from both teams...

Can Conlin win a truly meaningful game at Fordham?

Vooter
November 26th, 2022, 04:11 PM
TD UNH...curtains for the Rams.... Cats 52-35 4:10 4Q

UNH vs HC will be interesting. I expect a cleaner game from both teams...

Can Conlin win a truly meaningful game at Fordham?

It's hard with only half a team...

Chalupa Batman
November 26th, 2022, 04:11 PM
Ball game.

Fordham was scrappy but they couldn't overcome those 1st half turnovers.

Fordham
November 26th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Never overcame the three turnovers to start things. D was horrendous and O had really questionable playcalling in the last two series’. This was winnable. Killed us not having Coste on D. We brought our C game today

Good luck, UNH. Laube is a beast

crusader11
November 26th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Even when Fordham knows UNH is running the ball, they can’t stop them.

A historically good offense and an historically bad defense.

It’s going to be a battle at Fitton next weekend.

Best guess at an opening line? I’ll say HC -4.5.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2022, 04:24 PM
UNH 52-42 Final

Good season for Fordham. Turnovers and the lost possessions were the difference....

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Congrats Wildcats and good show Rams

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2022, 04:33 PM
UNH has now scored 94 points in their last two games. They’ve allowed 83 though.

Congrats to Fordham. UNH had no answer defensively. The turnovers were the difference.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2022, 04:55 PM
UNH has now scored 94 points in their last two games. They’ve allowed 83 though.

Congrats to Fordham. UNH had no answer defensively. The turnovers were the difference.

Replacing Derek Thompson with Caleb Meade at Corner turned out to be part of the answer, as well as going back to 4 defensive linemen.

The Boogie Down
November 26th, 2022, 04:56 PM

Their D made the stops when they had to. We didn't play our best (D was predictably awful but O didn't come through late when given shots), but even so, UNH was simply better. Congrats to the Wildcats. Hope Laube goes straight to the NFL and I never hafta see him again!

UNH72Plus
November 26th, 2022, 07:17 PM
I've been going to UNH games for over 50 years and this may have been the best, most exciting games I've seen. When you think that Brosmer had several bad throws and still had 348 yards, and UNH had several CBs injured it's amazing that they won today against a very talented football team. Just a couple of thoughts, Demorat, statistically the #1 passer in the FCS, had a great game with 330 passing yards, but he averages 414 ypg. Brosmer, who has averaged 233 passing ypg, threw for 348 yards today. Laube, who is the FCS leader in all-purpose yards at 179.8 ypg had more than double that today with 412 yards. This is a UNH team that was predicted to finish 9th in the CAA in a pre-season poll. Looking forward to next week's game at Holy Cross

Tribal
November 26th, 2022, 07:33 PM
We’ll-done, UNH. Quality win for the Cats and helped put four CAA teams in the 2nd round

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 26th, 2022, 09:58 PM
Fordham is a tough squad this year. UNH is also very good. What a great playoff game. Where is UNH Alum in CT? Havent seen him on this thread? Met him last year in Easton for UNH game which was good one!

Was at the game of course!

Skycop27
November 26th, 2022, 10:07 PM
I too was at the game and it lived up to the hype. Fordham offense was the greatest show on turf - they were going to get their yards and points. UNH had the mindset we need 50 points to win plus a few stops/turnovers. UNH never gave up the lead and freakin Laube is worth the price of admission. 410 total yards and 4 TDs - are you ****tin me? See me next week in Wooster for another high noon shootout at Fitton field...

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2022, 06:55 AM
Was at the game of course!

Congrats on the win...trip to Wista should be easy one. Hey PM me I just picked up CT and RI as part of my territory.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2022, 07:47 AM
Congrats on the win...trip to Wista should be easy one. Hey PM me I just picked up CT and RI as part of my territory.

You need to clear space in your inbox.