PDA

View Full Version : UNI's Rinehart invited to play in Hula Bowl

D1B
October 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM
One of many tough Panther O-lineman.:D

UNI's Chad Rinehart Invited to Play in 2008 Hula Bowl

University of Northern Iowa senior offensive tackle Chad Rinehart has been racking up all kinds of accolades in his Panther career but the latest may be one of his finest yet.

Rinehart has been invited to take part in the 62nd Hula Bowl in Honolulu's Aloha Stadium on Jan. 12, 2008. The game will begin at 5 p.m. (Central) and will be televised nationally on Versus.

Rinehart is only the second Panther ever to earn an invitation to the Hula Bowl. Danny Triplett was chosen to play in the 2005 Hula Bowl but was injured and did not participate.

The Hula Bowl will pit a squad of NFL draft-eligible seniors against each other in a Kai (East) vs. Aina (West) format. The game is being conducted in full cooperation with the National Football League and will be attended by scouts from all 32 NFL teams. The week will include practices as well as numerous off-the-field activities and community events.

Mountain Panther
October 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM
What other FCS players have been invited this year?

smallcollegefbfan
October 29th, 2007, 02:11 PM
He has a shrine game invite too. I expect him to decline the Hula and play in the shrine.

Josh Johnson, Jerome Felton, Dominique Cromartie, Kendall Langford, and Rinehart all have Shrine Game invites, I heard.

Nobody in the senior bowl and several players are getting Texas vs. Nation game invites this week, I heard.

The Hula Bowl probably has 5-10 guys in their game, just haven't seen much besides Rinehart getting invited from them.

smallcollegefbfan
October 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I was told that Rinehart got his Shrine invite today and has faxed his information back in already.

smallcollegefbfan
October 29th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Proof of what I said about Rinehart going to the Shrine in the postseason update section.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jm-prospects102907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Eaglegus2
October 29th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Have you heard if Jayson Foster has had any invites?

Elon Fightin' Christians
October 30th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Last year ELON LB Chad Nkang was MVP of the "Kai" team at the Hula Bowl.

Good luck to all the I-AA players going this year. I hope they have similar success.