View Full Version : Dawgs vs Guins at the Ice Castle

ysubigred
November 16th, 2022, 09:05 PM
Well here we go. The last game of the season in the frozen tundra known as the "Ice Castle".

How far will #8 pad his historic numbers as the top Rusher in NCAA history.. can 7-4 get YSU a look for post season?

The Dawgs will come in hungry... last year the Guins pissed on their parade.. 6-5 with a 1BCS W may get them a look at post season.. hell the PUNI teams of years gone by made it in at 6-5 with less of a resume..

My guess is it'll be an entertaining game and both teams eat turkey at granny's house no matter who earns the W..

GoooooooGuins!!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2022, 10:29 AM
No chance the loser of this game gets in. The Salukis have the advantage of a signature win over a Power 5 team. 7-4 might get YSU in since they would have a winning Valley record.

ysubigred
November 17th, 2022, 10:38 AM
No chance the loser of this game gets in. The Salukis have the advantage of a signature win over a Power 5 team. 7-4 might get YSU in since they would have a winning Valley record.I'm leaning towards even the winner of this game is home for the holidays..

YSUs HC mentioned. A W would sit good for us and you all are sitting good at 6-5 with the BCS W..

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Buckle up the chin straps for YSU and run the ball. Lean on the OL and play good defense.

Paladin1aa
November 17th, 2022, 06:06 PM
Trib made their prediction today calling it YSU, 23-20.

Game will be cold, maybe some snow and few in attendance. I’m picking SIU.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2022, 10:33 AM
Buckle up the chin straps for YSU and run the ball. Lean on the OL and play good defense.

The Salukis are only giving up 105 yds/game on the ground. Not sure you have the best plan there.

BeamMeUp
November 18th, 2022, 11:39 AM
The Ice Castle
https://i.postimg.cc/90CJJp4f/20221118-123838.jpg

ysubigred
November 18th, 2022, 05:49 PM
The Ice Castle
https://i.postimg.cc/90CJJp4f/20221118-123838.jpgThat's the way football is supposed to look [emoji106]

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 11:14 AM
SIUs Baker throws a 70 yd TD on their first play of the game. SIU 7-0

Baker is the reason I picked against YSU today.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 11:14 AM
TD pass to Cox right off the bat.
SIU 7 YSU 0.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Obviously early SIU wants it more.. YSU still in the locker room.

The Yo Show
November 19th, 2022, 11:23 AM
I get SIU run defense is good... But why only give jaleel one carry?

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Baker throws another TD pass. SIU 14-0

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 11:26 AM
Another TD pass by Baker.
SIU 14 YSU 0

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 11:41 AM
Jaleel 2 yd TD run

SIU 14-7

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 12:33 PM
The defenses seem to have taken over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Needed points there 'Guins! good grief.....

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 01:13 PM
The wind seems to bothering the YSU FG kicker.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 01:23 PM
YSU coaching staff is garbage.

Run between the tackles? Stretch the field and run wides be there all day and only did it once.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 01:26 PM
The defenses seem to have taken over.His nickname is 50/50.. supposed to be a pro prospect.. I wouldn't draft him.

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 01:27 PM
Baker throws his third TD . SIU 21-7

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 01:27 PM
TD pass to D. Cox.
SIU 21 YSU 7.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Baker throws his third TD . SIU 21-7Big ****ing deal.. me or you could throw TD passes to cox that wide open..

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 01:40 PM
YSU strikes back.
SIU 21 YSU 14.

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 01:41 PM
Davidson throw TD pass. SIU 21-14.

Hey Red, Baker is the third ranked QB in the MVFC just a few yds behind Shelley of MoSt. YSU is not dealing well with good QBs. Give credit where it’s due.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Davidson throw TD pass. SIU 21-14.

Hey Red, Baker is the third ranked QB in the MVFC just a few yds behind Shelley of MoSt. YSU is not dealing well with good QBs. Give credit where it’s due.I get it but if the kids name is Cox and that wide open doesn't take a good QB to throw it. YSYs coachs needs a good firing or better player can't decide..

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2022, 01:58 PM
C'mon YSU!!

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 02:00 PM
YSU TD. 21 all

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2022, 02:01 PM
Great game! 'Guins fighting for their playoff lives....

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Game tied at 21 with 1:15 left.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2022, 02:03 PM
YSU might get a shot at a FG at the end of regulation....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2022, 02:05 PM
That was an awful possession by SIU...my goodness...

Then YSU has to waste their last TO on first down...ugh...

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 02:10 PM
McLaughlin runs for TD. 35 seconds left. YSU 28-21

downbythebeach
November 19th, 2022, 02:11 PM
That was a bad couple of minutes for SIU.

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 02:12 PM
Hooker intercepts. YSU wins

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 02:12 PM
McFadden sucks ass

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 02:13 PM
McLaughlin (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4722893/jaleel-mclaughlin) gives YSU a 28-21 lead.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Deeeeeffffeeeennnssseee!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2022, 02:14 PM
YSU completes the comeback!

They have to be one of the last teams in or first out. Tomorrow will be interesting. Pull for Colgate.....

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Wow!

The Yo Show
November 19th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Good game! Baker looks good but threw ints when it counted and that was the difference there. SIU defense was legit.

BeamMeUp
November 19th, 2022, 02:22 PM
YOUNGSTOWN!

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 02:23 PM
YSU completes the comeback!

They have to be one of the last teams in or first out. Tomorrow will be interesting. Pull for Colgate.....Toothpaste has my nod lol

The Yo Show
November 19th, 2022, 02:34 PM
I have to say, while I would love for YSU to make the playoffs, had they won last week they would have been for sure in. Now... Not looking likely. Still possible but Im doubtful they will. Still, quite the improvement this season and something to build on going into next year.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2022, 02:37 PM
I have to say, while I would love for YSU to make the playoffs, had they won last week they would have been for sure in. Now... Not looking likely. Still possible but Im doubtful they will. Still, quite the improvement this season and something to build on going into next year.

A winning record in the Valley used to get you in. Not sure about this year.

BeamMeUp
November 19th, 2022, 02:44 PM
A winning record in the Valley used to get you in. Not sure about this year.
You guys had us beat IMHO. Your coach made some boneheaded decisions in the final 90 seconds of that football game which gave us the chance to win that game.

ysubigred
November 19th, 2022, 03:02 PM
I have to say, while I would love for YSU to make the playoffs, had they won last week they would have been for sure in. Now... Not looking likely. Still possible but Im doubtful they will. Still, quite the improvement this season and something to build on going into next year.Replacement for #8 is key.. 21Cephus Harris III may already be here? Looking at his 3 star recruiting status and accolades can be special. The transfer portal will be huge. QB maybe.. not sure how Brumgard will pan out. Won't be sorry to see #10 hit the portal. Can't even run effectively anymore..

Coaching needs a look at.. maybe growing pains or that's their best?! I'll admit that the kids did let them down to make em look worse a few times.

Looking at the FCS at larges some help is working in YSUs favor.. plus $$ if Strollo will come off his wallet. Patty is our friend [emoji3590]

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 03:39 PM

Not looking good. All the teams YSU beat in the MVFC had losing records except for ISUr. Then they lost to a team with a losing record ( MoST) while having no significant win anywhere. Duquesne and Dayton are obviously of no help. Too many weenie schedule teams will get in, as happens most years.

BeamMeUp
November 19th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Not looking good. All the teams YSU beat in the MVFC had losing records except for ISUr. Then they lost to a team with a losing record ( MoST) while having no significant win anywhere. Duquesne and Dayton are obviously of no help. Too many weenie schedule teams will get in, as happens most years.
Paladin.. How about them Penguins!? Who saw this team winning seven wins this season... And to think what could have been in two of those losses that were certainly winnable, UND and MSU. This season certainly caused issues with my anxiety, but things are trending up. Need another solid recruiting class.

Penguin Nation
November 19th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Even in an off year, Massey ranks the MVFC as the top conference. I believe YSU gets an at-large, but if not, the cowardly OOC schedule is to blame. YSU’s SOS as the lowest in the Valley, and the selection committee is aware of MoRon’s schedule padding schemes.

downbythebeach
November 19th, 2022, 05:30 PM
I think they make it. Especially with some of the other bubble loses.

The Yo Show
November 19th, 2022, 05:37 PM
I think they make it. Especially with some of the other bubble loses.

I don't think they will make it, but if they do, they will probably get matched to Saint Francis. Should be an interesting game.

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2022, 07:00 PM
Paladin.. How about them Penguins!? Who saw this team winning seven wins this season... And to think what could have been in two of those losses that were certainly winnable, UND and MSU. This season certainly caused issues with my anxiety, but things are trending up. Need another solid recruiting class.

I didn’t see it. Preseason I had them beating the Dukes, Dayton , Indy St and WIU. Figured they might get win #5 from another of the lower half of the MVFC given how weak their schedule was. However, with the change in QB so we had a limited pass game to go with the all time NCAA rushing leader, we had more O. Add in the transfers who propped up the D and a string of dumb opponent coaching staffs that made huge mistakes giving games away to us when they should have won, it completely altered the season. And it was an ugly piece of coaching we got from a poor staff that moRon hired on the cheap. Three words - lucky, wimps and dumbo. Lucky vs other coaching staffs, wimp schedule that avoided tough teams and our dumbo staff who underachieved, yet won games we should have lost. Whacky season.

ysubigred
November 20th, 2022, 09:50 AM
Damn my 7-4 prediction was balls on.. I know more than pally..

Hopefully YSU gets better going forward. I'd like to have 3 of the 4 teams we lost to back for do overs.. YES Kentucky is one I'd love to rematch next Saturday.

Don't think anyone has NDSUs #. Getting another ring in a few short weeks [emoji848]

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2022, 07:12 PM
Damn my 7-4 prediction was balls on.. I know more than pally..

Hopefully YSU gets better going forward. I'd like to have 3 of the 4 teams we lost to back for do overs.. YES Kentucky is one I'd love to rematch next Saturday.

Don't think anyone has NDSUs #. Getting another ring in a few short weeks [emoji848]

Really ? Guess I’m deaf, dumb and blind, Red. You’ll have to keep me advised,lol.

Now, without playoffs all eyes are on the next recruit class for us. If they are to turn this around they need another super class to follow the monster class they brought in last year. So far, it’s quiet with only a couple of known commits. Need#1 is a replacement forMcLaughlin. Need # 2 is a quality QB or two. They could be better next year but need some help.

BeamMeUp
November 20th, 2022, 07:15 PM
Really ? Guess I’m deaf, dumb and blind, Red. You’ll have to keep me advised,lol.

Now, without playoffs all eyes are on the next recruit class for us. If they are to turn this around they need another super class to follow the monster class they brought in last year. So far, it’s quiet with only a couple of known commits. Need#1 is a replacement forMcLaughlin. Need # 2 is a quality QB or two. They could be better next year but need some help.
Will try to start a 2023 YSU offseason thread to have a central spot to tracking recruiting, any coaching changes, etc. Agreed we need another big class. Still will be eager to see some of this past recruiting class get action in the spring who we redshirted. I am curious of the potential of the SVSM and Glenville RB's back and the 4 Star MI WR.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2022, 07:25 PM
Will try to start a 2023 YSU offseason thread to have a central spot to tracking recruiting, any coaching changes, etc. Agreed we need another big class. Still will be eager to see some of this past recruiting class get action in the spring who we redshirted. I am curious of the potential of the SVSM and Glenville RB's back and the 4 Star MI WR.

The Frosh were all redshirted. We will return a ton of starters next year. It will be of high interest for me to see how many redshirt frosh next year beat out starters who had held that position for one or two years with no playing experience for the RFR. That may be the early barometer of how good some are.

ysubigred
November 20th, 2022, 07:31 PM
The Frosh were all redshirted. We will return a ton of starters next year. It will be of high interest for me to see how many redshirt frosh next year beat out starters who had held that position for one or two years with no playing experience for the RFR. That may be the early barometer of how good some are.Cephus Harris III what do you think? Looks good on paper.. is he the aire apparent to #8?

ysubigred
November 20th, 2022, 07:33 PM
Even in an off year, Massey ranks the MVFC as the top conference. I believe YSU gets an at-large, but if not, the cowardly OOC schedule is to blame. YSU’s SOS as the lowest in the Valley, and the selection committee is aware of MoRon’s schedule padding schemes.Dayton was playoff bound blew their game Saturday. The schedule was plenty tough can't help the MVFC teams we played sucked ass this year. Just needed to make a QB change in spring ball.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Cephus Harris III what do you think? Looks good on paper.. is he the aire apparent to #8?

Too early to tell. I like both Harris and Whatley . But they may need to come along slow backing up a FBS transfer with a year or two of eligibility. McLaughlin will not be easy to replace.

ysubigred
November 20th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Too early to tell. I like both Harris and Whatley . But they may need to come along slow backing up a FBS transfer with a year or two of eligibility. McLaughlin will not be easy to replace.Agreed. Maybe once in a100 year chance to have a back as good as #8 at YSU. Sadly he'll need to bulk up 25 lbs and keep his speed for a legitimate shot as a back at the next level. It was a pleasure watching him and getting to know his wonderful family. 1st class all the way around.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2022, 09:58 PM
YSU has a commitment from RB Kayden Davis, 6’1, 205 from Alliance who was decent this year. Will not be surprised to see a transfer as well.