HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

LeopardFan04
October 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I'll be first...

Colgate
Georgetown
Fordham
Lafayette (we've gotta beat Bucknell...right? Right?!?)

carney2
October 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE – Did the Squawks really get well against Georgetown or did they just put the expected hurtin’ on an opponent that seems to be overmatched most weeks? Colgate

GEORGETOWN @ Marist – I’ve been waiting all year to say this: Georgetown

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM – Be honest, did any of you have this one circled on your calendar back in August? For at least the 6th time this season it appears that the Rams are in over their heads. Holy Cross

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE – Bucknell has knocked Georgetown out of the PL cellar. Lafayette has achieved a level of mediocrity that reminds one and all of their pre-Maurer selves. Does anyone really care? Lafayette

Comments overheard about each Patsy as we head into the stretch:

BUCKNELL
“Have we reached rock bottom yet?” … “How about now?”
“Don’t they look cute in their little blue and orange football suits?”
“Anyone have a basketball schedule handy?”

COLGATE
“Does this mean that we can forget about last year?”
“What’s the hockey team look like?”
“Most people picked us to finish out of the money. Meeting expectations is a good thing, right?”

FORDHAM
“Do ya think this is the week that it ends?”
“Pinch me.”
“I’m gonna punch the next guy who mentions the AI.”

GEORGETOWN
“2005 is the year. D’oh!” “2006 is the year. D’oh!” “2007 is the…”
“You don’t understand. We don’t have the resources to compete.”
“We have a young team.”

HOLY CROSS
“I didn’t think that we’d be this good.”
“What do we do if Randolph goes down?”
“What if there’s a basketball game on the same day as the playoffs?”

LAFAYETTE
“We’ll be contenders every year with these great new facilities.”
“All we need is a quarterback to manage the offense.”
“We have the number one ranked defense in the country.”

LEHIGH
“The sky is falling. The sky is falling”
“Coen is responsible for the Punic Wars. Well, maybe not the third one.”
Q: “When are we going to see the Sedale of old?” A: “When did we ever see the Sedale of old?”

LehighFan11
October 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Georgetown

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
GEORGETOWN @ Marist – I’ve been waiting all year to say this: Georgetown

You do realize, of course, that with 2:05 in the 4th quarter last year, Georgetown trailed Marist 21-16. And that was at home.

danefan
October 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
You do realize, of course, that with 2:05 in the 4th quarter last year, Georgetown trailed Marist 21-16. And that was at home.

Marist is really down this year compared to last. You guys should roll them.

dawwggboy
October 28th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Lehigh has players that can play. THEY NEED COACHES THAT CAN MAKE ADJUSTMENTS DURING THE GAME!!!!!!!!! LEHIGH BY 10

ngineer
October 28th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Great Scott! Did I see a rejuvenated Lehigh squad that will be focused on making a strong statement for the final sprint? Lehigh's D has played well against run oriented teams. Weather looks downright balmy for Hamilton. My first trip to Hamilton to see a game will be a charm. Lehigh's DC makes a statement and comes up with a plan. A down-to-the-wire game with Lehigh winning, 20-17.

Hoyas should rock the Foxes. Only question is whether the now long season for both teams takes its toll mentally. I gotta believe the ex-Navy coach will have his team ready. Georgetown, 33-17.

Bison make first trip to the newly refurbished Fisher Field. How will 'pards react to having been eliminated from their "No Co" goals? This game goes to whoever is able to looking forward and 'wants' to play. Gotta go with Tavani's crew being more motivated at home. Lafayette, 23-17.

The Crusader offense versus the Fordham defense..How well can the Rams slow down Air Randolph? However, Holy Cross D has been suspect, and Skelton is no slouch. With only 7,000 seats, the place should be SRO for this one. Having been spanked by both, I gotta go with Holy Cross, but won't be surprised if Masella finds a way. Holy Cross, 31-27

breezy
October 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Things are starting to get interesting. But this is the week for picks from the heart, not the head.

LEHIGH @ COLGATE. Has Lehigh finally got the "fire in the belly"? Has Colgate finally put it together? Lehigh already has two league losses, and this Holy Cross fan would like to see Colgate get two league losses as well. LEHIGH.

GEORGETOWN @ Marist. Did Georgetown really beat Bucknell? Or is it as bad as it looked against Holy Cross and Lehigh? I'd really like to pick the PL team, but my son-in-law is a Marist grad. MARIST.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM. A 3-touchdown lead in this game will not be safe. Two potent offenses; two porous defenses. Holy Cross has a little better offense and a little better defense. HOLY CROSS.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE. Even though Lafayette may be overrated, it is still better than the Bison. LAFAYETTE.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I agree with Carney's picks. (I don't know which of us should be more concerned.)

Lehigh at Colgate. Engineers were not pushed last week, Red Raiders were. Home field makes a difference, as Lee Corso would say, "by this much".

Bucknell at Lafayette. I see this as a last chance for Lafayette to build some momentum heading into road games with HC and Lehigh, of which they could, under the right circumstances, split.

Holy Cross at Fordham: Rams don't sell out Jack Coffey Field often, here's hoping they do Saturday. The problem is Fordham's porous pass defense (the one that spotted 31 to the Hoyas) won't stop Randolph.

Georgetown at Marist. Not the slam-dunk people might think (to mix sports metaphors) but it's become a must-win. Stat of the week: Hoyas have no sacks in its prior four non-conference games.

danefan
October 28th, 2007, 09:47 PM
GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry........we keeping creaping closer and closer to being ranked and Fordham winning the PL certainly does not hurt!

GO RAMS!xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

carney2
October 29th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I agree with Carney's picks. (I don't know which of us should be more concerned.)

Lehigh at Colgate. Engineers were not pushed last week, Red Raiders were. Home field makes a difference, as Lee Corso would say, "by this much".

Bucknell at Lafayette. I see this as a last chance for Lafayette to build some momentum heading into road games with HC and Lehigh, of which they could, under the right circumstances, split.

Holy Cross at Fordham: Rams don't sell out Jack Coffey Field often, here's hoping they do Saturday. The problem is Fordham's porous pass defense (the one that spotted 31 to the Hoyas) won't stop Randolph.

Georgetown at Marist. Not the slam-dunk people might think (to mix sports metaphors) but it's become a must-win. Stat of the week: Hoyas have no sacks in its prior four non-conference games.

Your words say Holy Cross, but your bold type indicator says Fordham. I am confused enough in the rest of my life. Help!

DC 'gater
October 29th, 2007, 11:36 AM
COLGATE

GEORGETOWN

HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE. Colgate 14-13. Pinkham's Defenders stop the Lehigh offense early, often, and late to win a close one.

GEORGETOWN @ Marist. Georgetown 31-30. I'll admit I was wrong. I predicted 1-10, not 2-9. I am appropriately humbled.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM. Fordham 35-34. A Barnburner in the Bronx! Marcella's Rams have arrived a year or two ahead of schedule. Great coaching (& tough, prepared, & overachieiving players) have a way of making that happen. Great game -wish I could be there. (Good luck, Rob! - xthumbsupx )

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE. Lafayette 45-21. Leopards take out some frustration this weekend in anticipation of the big one down the road.

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Your words say Holy Cross, but your bold type indicator says Fordham.

Corrected.

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Lehigh at Colgate Colgate Oh for the bygone days of 2005 when this game was assumed to be the de facto Championship. Colgate comes in on their first roll since '05, while the Hawks are feeling slightly better about themselves with a League win. On the newly not-so-frozen turf the Raiders look to keep their faint playoff hopes alive. Besides, we can't lose 4 in a row to Lehigh, right? Right??

Georgetown at Marist Georgetown Sightings of "signs of life" from the Hoya program has become a Loch Ness Monster of sorts around here, but this time we might have something. Maybe. Well, at the very least, G'town has looked capable of winning some of their losses, and Marist hasn't looked very capable of anything. Hoyas get their second Patriot League win of the season (if only in Marist's dreams)

Holy Cross at Fordham Holy Cross Admittedly, none of us, not even the diehard Fordham faithful, saw this one coming. Well, some credit to the Cross, they've been prepping several years for this kind of game. The days of Lockbaum and Duffner have finally been adequately replaced by Randolph and Gilmore. This is the day the Crusaders have been waiting for, and Holy Cross seizes the chance to grab control of the League again

Bucknell at Lafayette Lafayette Well, if one game had to be a darkhorse title game, this was gonna be it. Jordan Scott finally wore down the Leopards run defense in the Second Half, and it'll be interesting to see how they respond to another run-first team. If Curley's under center for the 'Pards again, they'll be able to at least match whatever points Bucknell puts up. Just one of those years for the Bison

flyenhigh
October 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ Marist

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

crusader11
October 29th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Interesting how the Dayton fans all think Fordham will win...

Anyways, here are the picks:
Colgate
Marist
Holy Cross
Lafayette

DSUHornet
October 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM
GO LAFAYETTE!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

RAMS83
October 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
A wild west shootout.. Fordham's O and rising QB star 6'5 220 John Skelton in front of 10,000 fans outshines Holy Cross and their formidable passer Dominic Randolph. FU's Skelton is now known as "El Passo" (El Paso TX is his hometown). Holy Cross is a good team. Fordham and their althletic and speedy WR's are better.

Fordham 42
Holy Cross 34

btw if you are are 1aa football fan (regardless of ur alma mater and live within 2 hours of the tri-state area make the trip. Its going to be a tremendous atmosphere.

LU73
October 29th, 2007, 02:56 PM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE - Enough of this past week's 45-0 game was due to Lehigh to think that the Mountainhawks will continue to win this week.

GEORGETOWN @ Marist - Enough of this past week's 45-0 game was due to Georgetown to think that the Hoyas will continue to lose this week.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

LehighFan11
October 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Lehigh gave up 250 yards to the nations leading rusher ( McLeod) and they will do about the same to the second leading rusher (Scott). If Coen starts Bokoksy Lehigh will get down big early and wont have the fire power to get back into it.

bison137
October 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
colgate
georgetown
holy cross
lafayette

Fordham
October 29th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Interesting how the Dayton fans all think Fordham will win...

I'm pretty sure it's transitive-property hoping, 11.

crusader11
October 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Agreed Fordham, that is what I was trying to hint at.

ngineer
October 29th, 2007, 06:48 PM
A wild west shootout.. Fordham's O and rising QB star 6'5 220 John Skelton in front of 10,000 fans outshines Holy Cross and their formidable passer Dominic Randolph. FU's Skelton is now known as "El Passo" (El Paso TX is his hometown). Holy Cross is a good team. Fordham and their althletic and speedy WR's are better.

Fordham 42
Holy Cross 34

btw if you are are 1aa football fan (regardless of ur alma mater and live within 2 hours of the tri-state area make the trip. Its going to be a tremendous atmosphere.

So where are they going to put them...in the trees behind the western goal posts or on the median out in the highway beyond the eastern endzone??;) Seriously, are they going to bring in temporaries for the baseball outfield area? xconfusedx

hc12
October 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM
colgate 28 lehigh 18

Gu 24 marist 21

lafayette 30 bucknell 27

HC 45 FORDHAM 38 here we go, no run d by hc, 2 good backs of the rams make for a long day on defense but the crusaders make enough stops in the 4th quarter.I like how our db's match up with the rams wr's, d-line must get pressure on the rams qb.Fordham's secondary vs. HC wr's no contest to much speed and great hands.If they blitz randolph then it is over he can read the hot wr. and can move around the pocket to avoid a loss.WE must run the ball, try to eat some of the clock up but not with this HC O.Maybe just keep throwing punches till we get a knock out.HC o-line has been stellar,hopefully we keep the sacks down to 0.Gilmore has prepared this team for a game like this,one series at a time one quarter at time one game at a time.Good luck to HC and to FORDHAM.This has espn classic written all over it.GO HC :)

crusader11
October 29th, 2007, 09:10 PM
In english next time hc12.

danefan
October 29th, 2007, 09:17 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ngineer
October 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM

Scary what would happen if we crossed him with Mr. Chicken...xeekx :D

jdb037
October 31st, 2007, 11:46 AM
Colgate over Lehigh - Yes Lehigh just shutout Georgetown, but Colgate and Jordan Scott are on a roll right now and they will roll right through Lehigh.

Georgetown over Marist - Like I said last week, Marist is awful. With that being said, expect it to be a close one. Marist wants to beat a Patriot League team before the season ends so it wouldn't surprise me if it were this week.

Holy Cross over Fordham - Tough game to pick but I think Randolph has his way big time with the Fordham D.

Bucknell over Lafayette - Both teams are disappointments so I'm just going with my heart and picking Bucknell because Bucknell can't lose all their Patriot League games can they? Probably can

ColgateTD
October 31st, 2007, 11:54 AM
Colgate
Holy Cross
G'town
Lafayette

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Georgetown
Lafayette

Rjm7272
October 31st, 2007, 10:44 PM
Colgate over Lehigh
Georgetown over Marist
Lafayette over Bucknell
Holy Cross over Fordham

Fordham
November 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
Lehigh
Georgetown
Laughingyet
Holy Cross

colgate13
November 1st, 2007, 08:11 AM
I'm just hoping for a Holy Cross win along with a Raider win in Hamilton to keep the PL title hopes alive.

We'll see.

LUHawker
November 1st, 2007, 08:18 AM
Picks with my head:

Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Georgetown

Picks with my heart:

Lehigh
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Georgetown

Sometimes the heart knows more than the head, but probably not this week.

colorless raider
November 1st, 2007, 08:25 AM
Gate
Holy Cross
Pards
G'town

carney2
November 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM
Laughingyet

Not so much these days.

PeacockRaider
November 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE...MountainHawks Big xrolleyesx

GEORGETOWN @ Marist... Red Foxes are just having a really bad year, Hoyas by two touchdowns

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM...Should be a great game, I think HC has a little more experience, Fordham is a year away

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE...Leopards rebound, great stadium bye the way and I didn't think the PA was too loud.

LBPop
November 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Georgetown over Marist - Like I said last week, Marist is awful. With that being said, expect it to be a close one. Marist wants to beat a Patriot League team before the season ends so it wouldn't surprise me if it were this week.

I have said as much to Hoya fans. Marist would love to hang up a win against a Patriot League team--any Patriot League team. After seeing how flat the Hoyas were in Bethlehem after their last minute win over Bucknell, I have no clue who will show up on Saturday (other than LBMom and me). I just hope that these guys don't look at the Marist 1-8 record without checking out their own 1-8.

BobbyMo
November 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
LEHIGH
GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE

ColgateTD
November 2nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
LBPop - I feel your pain. Enjoy Senior day and have a great time. Take some photos. These memories will live with you and LBKid for a lifetime...xnodx

carney2
November 2nd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Kid Konsensus is again asking what has happened to the Lafayette and Lehigh people. Are they busy following the "November is Lehigh-Lafayette Month at AGS" thread?; have they turned their attention to volleyball?; are they the biggest bunch of spoiled fair weather homers on the planet? Oh well, apparently not much mystery again this week:

COLGATE over LEHIGH
GEORGETOWN over Marist
HOLY CROSS over FORDHAM
LAFAYETTE over BUCKNELL

Some interesting info from the people who establish "the line:"

Lehigh @ Colgate is rated a "pick 'em," even with the 3 points automatically assigned to the home team.

Holy Cross is 9 1/2 over Fordham.

JoltinJoe
November 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
LBPop -- I hope you continue to fly the flag for Georgetown football even after your son graduates.

I'm just beginning the ride you're finishing but I can tell already it goes too fast. But you should also be proud of your son and the great job you have done as parents.

I know your son's days on the football field have been disappointing but he's lucky to have you behind him. And now he will graduate from one of the most distinguished universities in the world.

xsmileyclapx

I hope, when I look back in 17 years, that I can say I've done as fine a job as you have.

Fordham
November 2nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Well put, Joe, and congrats to LBPop on finishing this part of the ride. Maybe you'll even have more fun at future games by doing the tailgating alongside your son from here on out. I can tell you that my father has made more Fordham games this year than any year since I graduated and it's been a heckuva lot of fun having him there - I'm sure it will be similar with you and your son. Again, congrats, good luck and hope you guys get a win this weekend.

carney2
November 2nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
LB,

Some advice from one who has "been there, done that:"

Send them forth into the world with a "well done" and a smile.

Remind them that it's their responsibility to phone you and not vicey versie.

Take every opportunity to remind them of how little money you have after feeding, clothing and educating them for all of those years.

Change your locks as often as necessary.

LBPop
November 2nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Wow, thanks to all for your kind comments. I did not intend to hijack this thread...I just was feeling a little sentimental and changed my signature. I will probably start some sappy thread in the Lounge after LBKid's last game. It will definitely include some xbawlingx. Thanks again.

CrusaderBob
November 2nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
A'though they were a 'ate arriving crowd 'ast week, p'enty never showed and the L's are missing again this week. These are the same fans who often wondered where we Crusader fans were, while posting a 0.288 win pct over a decade (1994 - 2003). One 0.500 season and they go into the witness protection program. Is Harrison Ford protecting them in the ro''ing hi''s West of Easton and Bethlehem?? Is Ke''y McGi''is with them? And can Danny G'over be far behind?

My picks:

COLGATE - Raiders do their part to get to an end of the season showdown at Fitton.

GEORGETOWN - they may join the witness protection program if they lose.

HOLY CROSS - If HC had to play a game where weather may be a factor, this is the one, as the similar teams should be similarly impacted. This is hurdle #1 of 2 to that showdown with Colgate. HC has a bit more experience and offense than Fordham and just enough D.

'AFAYETTE - Home cookin' and too much D.

LBPop
November 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM

GEORGETOWN - they may join the witness protection program if they lose.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Ken_Z
November 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
well, Halloween is over and my carney costume was a huge hit. that is until that bully down the street started laughing and taunting me about the Leps collapse. then he threatened to beat me up unless i gave him all my candy (and my lunch money). worst of all it caused me to pick Lafayette last week, oh the shame.

LEHIGH 21 @ COLGATE 27: home field advantage on the frozen tundra of Kerr Stadium.

GEORGETOWN 38 @ Marist 14: hey, Georgetown beat Bucknell, surely they can beat Marist easily. Hoyas, please don't let me down, being the one in 1 and 10 would refresh the pain of that loss.

HOLY CROSS 28 @ FORDHAM 20: full time PL member defeats associate member. the world is as it should be.

BUCKNELL 21 @ LAFAYETTE 19: why pick Bucknell? cause the only other option is to pick Lafayette and that's just not gonna happen.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Well put, Joe, and congrats to LBPop on finishing this part of the ride. Maybe you'll even have more fun at future games by doing the tailgating alongside your son from here on out. I can tell you that my father has made more Fordham games this year than any year since I graduated and it's been a heckuva lot of fun having him there - I'm sure it will be similar with you and your son. Again, congrats, good luck and hope you guys get a win this weekend.

Yes, it gets better. My Dad and I have attended more football games in the past few years than when I was in school--cause he was coaching his own teams in high school. Now we go to almost all of Lehigh's games together, rain, snow or shine and tailgating all the way. Another chapter completed , a new one to start.xthumbsupx

Andy
November 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Gotta go with the Kid:

HC, GT, CU, Pards (big effort from the Leopards, 31-7. Loose always schemes well against the Bison, our third string RB returns to start, and new QB, Curley, looks pretty good.)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Georgetown 24 Marist 13- The Hoyas should not lose this game. Marist is actually worse than Georgetown which is pretty amazing when you consider it.

Lafayette 27 Bucknell 21- Lafayette is struggling along just like Lehigh is but they should have enough talen to get past the Bison.

Holy Cross 38 Fordham 28- I think this is the Crusaders year. The league's turned upside down for the moment which has opened the door for someone new to break through into the playoffs.

Lehigh 28 Colgate 24- This one should be a great game. On paper these teams are pretty even with Colgate having a slight advantage in experience and homefield. With that said a win over Colgate and Lafayette would be enough, for me atleast, to consider this season a "success" after everything that's gone on. The first step is completed tomorrow.

jdb037
November 3rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hats off to Bucknell's defense they are keeping them in this game here in the first half. COME ON OFFENSE!!

breezy
November 3rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm watching the Holy Cross - Fordham game on local NYC TV; at halftime, it is Fordham 14, HC 7.

I can see why Fordham has done so well this year. They are putting some pressure on Randolph and playing closer coverage on the receivers than I have seen all year (except for the Yale game). They seem to have more team speed than other PL teams. Fordham has also shown the ability to run the football. HC defense gives up the big run for the first Fordham score, and a pass-and-run for the second score. HC rebounds in the second quarter. The offense seems to get into a better rhythm and puts together a nice drive capped by a TD pass from Randolph to Maher.

Kudos to Fordham, but looking for a big second-half comeback by HC.

Seawolf97
November 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Fordham wins the Title and a playoff bid! What happened to Georgetown- thats uglyxsmhx ?

DFW HOYA
November 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
What happened to Georgetown- thats uglyxsmhx ?

You're being kind.

carney2
November 3rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Week 10 results have been posted in The Lounge.

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Thought Curley played very well...That TD to Adair was highlight reel!

boo
November 3rd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Georgetown 24 Marist 13- The Hoyas should not lose this game. Marist is actually worse than Georgetown which is pretty amazing when you consider it.

Yeah, good one.

~~Boo

Pards Rule
November 4th, 2007, 06:07 AM
What all the guesses at the Lafayette-Bucknell game were not privy to was the decision around midnight Friday by Head Coach Frank Tavani to have the Leopards wear the black jerseys - only the 5th time they have worn them. And now they are 5-0 in them! "Those black jerseys got me fired up! I love them! They're sick" - Adrian Lawson, Lafayette cornerback.