November 13th, 2022, 09:16 AM
FACTS! xthumbsupx

FU ESPN:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/231/furman-paladins

NDSU ESPN:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2449/north-dakota-state-bison

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 09:17 AM
https://www.gifservice.fr/img/gif-vignette-small/7523d9d383fec0e1301d9b458a3b80f1/293294-sports-n-c-a-a-d1-national-collegiate-athletic-association-f-furman-paladins.gif

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Zero argument from me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2022, 09:40 AM
NDSU will get a #4 if they beat UND.

Doesn't matter where Furman gets placed, they are not a title contender. Life is a bitch.

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2022, 09:43 AM
NDSU will get a #4 if they beat UND.

Doesn't matter where Furman gets placed, they are not a title contender. Life is a bitch.

There's no justification for NDSU over any of SDSU, Samford, Sac State, Montana State, Weber State, UIW, Richmond or William & Mary, IMO.

crusader11
November 13th, 2022, 09:46 AM
Facts, GameBreaker.

If name recognition and historical performances didn't influence the committee / perception of a team, NDSU is a fringe seed given their resume, IMO.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2022, 09:57 AM
I do think NDSU is getting a tremendous benefit of the doubt based on rep but when you win 9 national titles in 11 years and are 39-2 in the playoffs in the timespan (and 157-14 overall) that's going to happen.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/262/170/548.gif

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2022, 09:58 AM
I appreciate that NDSU fans are generally all aware this is mostly reputation based. It happens.

It happened to my school in the 2010's.

MSUBobcat
November 13th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Let's all just hope UND pulls off the improbable upset and this is moot. If not, a 3pt road loss to Arizona, which just took down UCLA, and a 2pt home loss to the #1/2 team in the country, and 9 wins, albeit not as dominant as in prior years, get the Bison a seed. Reputation definitely plays a role.

ElCid
November 13th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Facts, GameBreaker.

If name recognition and historical performances didn't influence the committee / perception of a team, NDSU is a fringe seed given their resume, IMO.

That's the thing. Lots of people here mention "previous" seasons and playoff results as a consideration for the current season, as if it should be relevant. It certainly seems reasonable at first glance, but it really shouldn't be considered, AT ALL. Whether it is a done or not, doesn't make it right. This isn't to pick on NDSU. I'm not sure they actually benefited off this sentiment much. They've got it done on the field in the regular season, but they might have benefitted some. The playoffs participants for any given year should be based solely on the resume for the year in question. Nobody should get the extra advantage of living off of previous team's achievements. The playoffs for this year, are for this year, NOT for the last three or four years. Besides, any team that did well in previous years no longer exists. Every team is new each year. Bugs me every time someone says "when's the last time X team made it to the semis?" or "won a playoff game?" These are always irrelevant questions.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Let's all just hope UND pulls off the improbable upset and this is moot. If not, a 3pt road loss to Arizona, which just took down UCLA, and a 2pt home loss to the #1/2 team in the country, and 9 wins, albeit not as dominant as in prior years, get the Bison a seed. Reputation definitely plays a role.
Normally I roll my eyes when I see comments about how "this NDSU team just doesn't have what past teams have had" because it's always puts the previous teams up on a pedestal comparing a finished product with one in progress. This year is a different story however - I'd agree with that appraisal just because of inconsistent execution, mental errors, and general lack of an edge from this year's team. They aren't good at putting teams away and they haven't been good when they needed crucial plays late in losses to Arizona and SDSU... that's a bad combination going into the playoffs.

That said it's a team full of upper classmen and a coaching staff that has navigated multiple deep playoff runs so I still have hope that they can find a way to play their best football in the playoffs as they have been able to do almost year after year in the last decade but I have doubts. I think it's someone else's year this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2022, 10:21 AM
There's no justification for NDSU over any of SDSU, Samford, Sac State, Montana State, Weber State, UIW, Richmond or William & Mary, IMO.

Then send an email to all committee members and bitch about it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Normally I roll my eyes when I see comments about how "this NDSU team just doesn't have what past teams have had" because it's always puts the previous teams up on a pedestal comparing a finished product with one in progress. This year is a different story however - I'd agree with that appraisal just because of inconsistent execution, mental errors, and general lack of an edge from this year's team. They aren't good at putting teams away and they haven't been good when they needed crucial plays late in losses to Arizona and SDSU... that's a bad combination going into the playoffs.

That said it's a team full of upper classmen and a coaching staff that has navigated multiple deep playoff runs so I still have hope that they can find a way to play their best football in the playoffs as they have been able to do almost year after year in the last decade but I have doubts. I think it's someone else's year this year.

NDSU hasn't played a complete game yet this year and maybe they will not. If they do, no one will beat them. But they are just too inconsistent to win the title this year.....maybe they prove me wrong....xchinscratchx

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Then send an email to all committee members and bitch about it.
Here's one of them to get started with:

https://gobison.com/images/2014/10/15/Matt_Larsen_2014_15_NDSU_AD.jpg?width=300
Matt Larsen
Director of Athletics
North Dakota State University

https://gobison.com/staff-directory/matt-larsen/365
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2022-playoff-committee-members-bzbz/

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Wow - 8 correct posts out of 10 … from all over the country … and the only 2 wrong ones both show the State of ND as their location.

What are the odds of that?

xblahx

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2022, 10:28 AM
NDSU hasn't played a complete game yet this year and maybe they will not. If they do, no one will beat them. But they are just too inconsistent to win the title this year.....maybe they prove me wrong....xchinscratchx

I actually watched the first half of the NDSU/SDSU game and was like, "ahhh, typically NDSU, big game, they're ready to go." To see they lost that game was a bit of a stunner as SDSU was barely in that game in the first half.

I actually think this campaign is a bit more wide open than many I can remember in awhile. I've watched Montana State barely beat Northern Arizona on the road. I watched William and Mary almost lose to Hampton. I saw Richmond blow a 24 point lead to UNH in a matter of minutes. I watched Indiana State nearly beat NDSU. I saw Northern Iowa have SDSU pegged for OT. I saw Weber State vomit all over themselves against Montana State.

I don't think there's a game where I'll see in the later stages of the playoffs where I'll think, "this team has no shot." Round of 16 should be good football this year.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Let's all just hope UND pulls off the improbable upset and this is moot. If not, a 3pt road loss to Arizona, which just took down UCLA, and a 2pt home loss to the #1/2 team in the country, and 9 wins, albeit not as dominant as in prior years, get the Bison a seed. Reputation definitely plays a role.This NDSU team is playing down to it's competition, that is pretty clear and that is not normal. They are having trouble putting teams away. It is small things like when they are in the lead, they are snapping the ball on offense with 10 to 15 seconds on the game clock, they used to milk that down to a second or two on every snap with previous teams, it almost came back to bite them against SIU. That is on the coaches.

NDSU is vulnerable this year and a UND upset would not surprise me at all, they are well balanced on offense and NDSU has big holes defensively.

But NDSU would bitch slap, Bill and Mary, Richmond, Samford and a few others but I have them at 5 in my poll. Reputation does and SHOULD play a role. Why do we admire historical quality in everything else and try and dismiss it here.

Daytripper
November 13th, 2022, 10:29 AM
I find it humorous that the Bison faithful are being forced to defend their ranking to those questioning their status. This site has been turned on its head. All other challengers of the last decade+ to the Bison dominance have had to do the very same defense of their programs. The Bison found justifications to arrogantly diminish other programs and claim the resumes were insufficient and their rankings were based on undeserved reputation.

The committee will give NDSU the benefit of the doubt. But I am enjoying the spectacle of them being a fringe seed, at best.

taper
November 13th, 2022, 10:30 AM
That's the thing. Lots of people here mention "previous" seasons and playoff results as a consideration for the current season, as if it should be relevant. It certainly seems reasonable at first glance, but it really shouldn't be considered, AT ALL. Whether it is a done or not, doesn't make it right. This isn't to pick on NDSU. I'm not sure they actually benefited off this sentiment much. They've got it done on the field in the regular season, but they might have benefitted some. The playoffs participants for any given year should be based solely on the resume for the year in question. Nobody should get the extra advantage of living off of previous team's achievements. The playoffs for this year, are for this year, NOT for the last three or four years. Besides, any team that did well in previous years no longer exists. Every team is new each year. Bugs me every time someone says "when's the last time X team made it to the semis?" or "won a playoff game?" These are always irrelevant questions.
Objectively, I disagree with this. It's not a brand new team, there's almost always a ton of carryover from last year. You tend to graduate a lot, but not all of your starters. A ton of your 2s and 3s remain, along with most of your coaching staff. Previous seasons should absolutely be weighted significantly less than the current, but not ignored. In the same way we don't base seeding solely off your final game of the season. Past performance is very strongly correlated with current performance and ignoring that means you're not using all the info available to you when ranking teams.

ElCid
November 13th, 2022, 10:55 AM
Objectively, I disagree with this. It's not a brand new team, there's almost always a ton of carryover from last year. You tend to graduate a lot, but not all of your starters. A ton of your 2s and 3s remain, along with most of your coaching staff. Previous seasons should absolutely be weighted significantly less than the current, but not ignored. In the same way we don't base seeding solely off your final game of the season. Past performance is very strongly correlated with current performance and ignoring that means you're not using all the info available to you when ranking teams.

I shouldn't have taken the new team concept to the extreme, but it is a different team, with maybe different starters, maybe different coaches, some different opponents, different injuries. You can't say this team is an exact copy of last year's team. Hence, new team. And I think there is a difference between this season, and last season. At least way more than trying to compare it to game one and game 11 of this season. It's easy to use your sentiment with someone like NDSU. But look at the other end of the extreme. How did E Washington or ETSU or Villanova or Kennesaw do compared to last year? They are all dog crap. Same team, right? Just saying.

taper
November 13th, 2022, 11:04 AM
I shouldn't have taken the new team concept to the extreme, but it is a different team, with maybe different starters, maybe different coaches, some different opponents, different injuries. You can't say this team is an exact copy of last year's team. Hence, new team. And I think there is a difference between this season, and last season. At least way more than trying to compare it to game one and game 11 of this season. It's easy to use your sentiment with someone like NDSU. But look at the other end of the extreme. How did E Washington or ETSU or Villanova or Kennesaw do compared to last year? They are all dog crap. Same team, right? Just saying.
I never said it was the same team or an exact copy. You're arguing a point nobody is making. All those other teams you mentioned? They very quickly got ranked where they belong.

ysubigred
November 13th, 2022, 11:12 AM
Fortunately this will be settled on the field not by a bunch of keyboard idiots..

My bet is NDSU could get in as a bubble team and win it all.. got to beat the man to be the man..

And FU.. did I do that right?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
November 13th, 2022, 11:24 AM
I guess 2015 NDSU wasn’t very good either since they lost to Montana and an awful USD team, and had quite a few close games that year. Oh wait they still went on to roll to their fifth straight title? Who’d of guessed.

NDSU is still far better than Furman or any SoCon team. Complain about how the committee overvalued past performances, but they do it for a reason. NDSU has struggled this year and not blown out teams like they normally would, but it’s not like Furman has been dominant. They barely beat a pair of horrible teams in Charleston Southern and Western Carolina. They also struggled against a disappointing ETSU, and a horrible Citadel team. That’s not a good resume.

Preferred Walk-On
November 13th, 2022, 11:31 AM
For what it's worth, Arizona just beat #9-12 (depending on the poll) and 8-1 UCLA by more points than they beat the Bison. Also, the two Bison losses are by a combined 5 pt to an FBS Pac12 team and the #1 FCS team in the country. But I digress. For those of you keeping track and concerned with the past creeping in, the things I just mentioned were from THIS YEAR (all CAPS for the hard of understanding)!

But I get it, Furman has played all teams in the SoCon and has been quite successful against all but one team, while NDSU has lost the same number of MVFC conference games as the Paladins, and were lucky enough to miss 5-5 UNI this season. Well, I guess the Paladins were lucky enough to miss UNI as well, and yes, I think UNI beats Furman all day, every day, but that is an opinion, not fact. ;)

The point...I don't think anyone can definitively show that Furman is better than NDSU, but I certainly don't think anyone can definitively show that NDSU is better than Furman. So then what criteria should be used for a Top 8 seed? But I get the troll when the thread starts out with the word "FACTS". Carry on FUGameBreaker and never change!

Preferred Walk-On
November 13th, 2022, 11:39 AM
Fortunately this will be settled on the field not by a bunch of keyboard idiots..

My bet is NDSU could get in as a bubble team and win it all.. got to beat the man to be the man..

And FU.. did I do that right?

This brings up a great point. What "bubble" team(s) would have a chance to win it all? I think there are a few this year, but I would be curious what others think.

I personally would like to see NDSU have a seed, but I have always been of the opinion (especially in the playoffs) that you have to play and beat the teams that are put in front of you. Therefore, if NDSU were to lose to UND and not get a seed (which I think one could still make an argument for), then they will deservedly have to do what you as a Penguins fan are very familiar with...go on the road and win the games put in front of you. I won't gripe about it, but at this point, the Bison have won every FCS game but one, so I am perplexed at this "NDSU doesn't deserve..." BS. If they do lose next week, then they probably do not deserve a seed, but until then...

Gil Dobie
November 13th, 2022, 11:52 AM
FACTS! xthumbsupx

FU ESPN:

NDSU ESPN:

Moot point if either or both teams lose next Saturday.

SDFS
November 13th, 2022, 12:33 PM
I agree that NDSU is less dominate than normal. But what has Furman done? Nonconference wins against ETSU and something called North Greenville and a loss at Clemson. They beat 16 Mercer and 17 Chatty no other wins against teams in the top 50 (99, 50, 58, 87). So, they are hanging their hat on two mid teen wins? Please playoff committee send NDSU on the road to Furman and settle it on the field. My money is on NDSU all day.

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 12:34 PM
Facts is facts mane, put Furman in the top 8 and send NDSU packing on the road xthumbsupx

https://media3.giphy.com/media/d4o3ioG0xcQVEaTpz9/200w.gif
https://media2.giphy.com/media/WRJElvEUqnTJCGNkmq/200w.gif

Mocs123
November 13th, 2022, 12:36 PM
I agree that NDSU is less dominate than normal. But what has Furman done? Nonconference wins against ETSU and something called North Greenville and a loss at Clemson. They beat 16 Mercer and 17 Chatty no other wins against teams in the top 50 (99, 50, 58, 87). So, they are hanging their hat on two mid teen wins? Please playoff committee send NDSU on the road to Furman and settle it on the field. My money is on NDSU all day.

ETSU is a member of the SoCon. Furman's OOC games were against North Greenville (D2) which is a stone's throw from their campus, and Charleston Southern (Big South).

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 12:38 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/9oI5dHDTtTdRmLkcIL/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952625ee3cebc7641cfcf741d33d3f4 2277e14c2fec&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Mocs123
November 13th, 2022, 12:39 PM
I'm not saying Furman is worthy of a top 8 seed.....but as far as the Paladins go, didn't Furman and NDSU play in the playoffs in 2013? This year's Paladin team is much better than that 2013 squad, which was good defensively, but couldn't score points on offense. I'd love to see the Bison come to Traveler's Rest to play Furman.

SDFS
November 13th, 2022, 12:40 PM
ETSU is a member of the SoCon. Furman's OOC games were against North Greenville (D2) which is a stone's throw from their campus, and Charleston Southern (Big South).

thanks for the correction..

ElCid
November 13th, 2022, 12:44 PM
I'm not saying Furman is worthy of a top 8 seed.....but as far as the Paladins go, didn't Furman and NDSU play in the playoffs in 2013? This year's Paladin team is much better than that 2013 squad, which was good defensively, but couldn't score points on offense. I'd love to see the Bison come to Traveler's Rest to play Furman.

If that happens I would drive down the mountain to see it for sure. Travelers Rest is about 30 miles from me, all rural in between. I'd even host a couple NDSU folks at my house. Pretty sure it won't happen though.

PaladinNation
November 13th, 2022, 12:52 PM
As previously stated Gamebreaker is a master at trolling.
For many of us Furman fans… we'll be happy to see the DINS play anywhere.
It's been a long time since we hosted a playoff game.
I do fully expect the committee to put Furman in the bracket with Samford.

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 04:35 PM
As previously stated Gamebreaker is a master at trolling.
For many of us Furman fans… we'll be happy to see the DINS play anywhere.
It's been a long time since we hosted a playoff game.
I do fully expect the committee to put Furman in the bracket with Samford.

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

https://media3.giphy.com/media/o7USsevhZwwGkisGdc/200w.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 04:37 PM
NDSU better start packing those bags with that resume

https://media2.giphy.com/media/YhlZFaFx04fYY/200w.gif?cid=6c09b9527hdvoqz9cdp30y3shjr1qess5whd0 9tvebtc0ssy&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

843yapterrier
November 13th, 2022, 04:50 PM
Until the Wofford Terrier’s crash the FU PARTY.

KPSUL
November 13th, 2022, 05:21 PM
FACTS! xthumbsupx

FU ESPN:

NDSU ESPN:

Before I'd entertain a discussion about Furman's ranking relevant to NDSU, you need to explain why Furman "deserves" a Seed more than Samford?

Bisonoline
November 13th, 2022, 05:31 PM
INI and Montana
I appreciate that NDSU fans are generally all aware this is mostly reputation based. It happens.

It happened to my school in the 2010's.

UNI and Montana benefited from rep for many years.

Bisonoline
November 13th, 2022, 05:33 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/9oI5dHDTtTdRmLkcIL/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952625ee3cebc7641cfcf741d33d3f4 2277e14c2fec&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

https://i.imgur.com/tKLCJ0L.jpg

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 05:43 PM
Bison fans trying to make their resume fit into a Top 8 seed

https://media.tenor.com/PxauZWxCzCoAAAAC/fargo-wood.gif

FUBeAR
November 13th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Before I'd entertain a discussion about Furman's ranking relevant to NDSU, you need to explain why Furman "deserves" a Seed more than Samford?
Requires…
1) Furman beating Wofford
2) Mercer upsetting Samford
3) Objective review and analysis of the following…

Furman Football
2022 Statistics - Season thru games of 11/12
Passing

#
Player
GP
Rating
COMP
ATT
INT
%
YDS
TD
Long
AVG/G

Huff, Tyler
67.76 %

Wilson, Jace
63.86 %

Rushing

#
Player
GP
ATT
Gain
Loss
Net
AVG
TD
Long
AVG/G

Huff, Tyler

Wilson, Jace

Samford (3-1 , 1-0) -vs- Furman (3-1 , 1-0) 10/01/2022 at Greenville, South Carolina (Paladin Stadium)

Individual Offense Furman
Passing

Player
Cmp
Att.
Yds.
TD
Int.
Long
Sack

Wilson,Jace (https://furmanpaladins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5015)

Huff, Tyler
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP

Rushing

Player
Att.
Gain
Loss
Net
TD
Lg.
Avg.

Wilson,Jace (https://furmanpaladins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5015)

Huff, Tyler
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP
DNP

Graduate transfer quarterback Tyler Huff (https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-huff/5089) accounted for 369 of Furman's 460 yards in total offense in the win over Mercer, passing for 293 yards and a touchdown while also rushing 10 times for 76 yards and a score.

In his last two games (wins over Chattanooga and Mercer) Tyler Huff (https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-huff/5089) has accounted for 83 percent of Furman's offense, passing for 496 yards and rushing for 208 yards in the two victories.

Tyler Huff (https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-huff/5089) has tallied 1,026 yards in total offense and eight touchdown responsibilites over the last four games (4-0). He's completed 60-of-91 passes (1 INT) for 757 yards and six TDs (155.4 efficiency rating) while also rushing for 269 yards (3.3 ypc) and two TDs in that stretch.

https://twitter.com/soconsports/status/1576950374606327808

gofurman
November 13th, 2022, 07:13 PM

THIS. SO VERY MUCH THIS. And I am NOT saying this as a Furman Fan. Not. at . all. I will take it out of both football and Furman...

When the March madness committee seems to give precedence to a 'prestige' program it SICKENS me.

Heck, I will argue FOR NDSU with the same logic. What if your son was at NDSU on the bball team, and they went 25-5 in basketball on their resume, were ranked higher by Kenpom and every metric that existed and had 2 marquee wins ... and those at "Kentucky", had 0 marquee wins, and were ranked lower in every metric?

Then they select Kentucky? How do you explain that to your son? "Well, I guess we shoulda accepted the walk on at UK because they just refuse to let you at NDSU in despite a CLEARLY better resume". You know what this results in ? The inability of NDSU and all 'non-UK' schools to recruit !! Because between being a starter on the basketball team at NDSU or a 10th player at UK... UK will swoop in and say "hey, go here you get in the tournament (even though you don't deserve it) or go there and you probably won't get selected (even though you DO deserve it based on what you did)

In my example, NDSU should be in over Kentucky.. EVERY TIME. Case closed.

My point is this - I am logical. I am not arguing for Furman. NOT AT ALL. I just hate when name carries any weight. It should not.

ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER IS WHAT YOU DID THIS YEAR. That's it. Nothing more. Not how many tickets you sell or your name. As a matter of fact one of the biggest travesties in sports ever was that the FBS NCAA (dumb ass people most of us agree) flat out allowed for years that a 7-4 Clemson team could jump a 8-3 NC State team if you bring more fans to the bowl game. The rule was that if you were within one win of the team ABOVE you.. you could skip them in pecking order just because you had more fans. SO 7-4 Clemson would get to go to the bigger bowl and the better NC State team would be sent to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl despite EARNING the bigger bowl with what they did on the field.

Put it this way, The REAL DEAL - NFL, NBA. MLB don't allow this *****. You think a team makes the NFL playoffs or NBA playoffs because they have more fans ? HELL NO. Either win your division, earn a wildcard based on record.. or go home.

Only pansy ass college allows this truly subjective crap

- and again, I am not even arguing for Furman. If the above happened to NDSU vs UK basketball it would a total sham.

Gil Dobie
November 13th, 2022, 07:51 PM
Bison fans trying to make their resume fit into a Top 8 seed

https://media.tenor.com/PxauZWxCzCoAAAAC/fargo-wood.gif

Furman fan says squeal
https://www.outsideonline.com/wp-content/uploads/migrated-images_parent/migrated-images_46/deliverance_wf.jpg

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2022, 09:50 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/b1YFCoOD2aX2E/giphy.gif

Tribal
November 14th, 2022, 03:53 AM

Excellent question. Samford enjoys a stronger resume and actually settled this debate on Furman’s Family Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaladinNation
November 14th, 2022, 05:56 AM
Samford deserves a seed and I believe will get a seed unless they lose to the Bears this weekend.
From the POV of a die-hard Furman fan - the DINS sit at the highest rank of 9 or 10.

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 07:56 AM
Excellent question. Samford enjoys a stronger resume and actually settled this debate on Furman’s Family Day.
LOL - Samford’s resume is only stronger than Furman’s because Samford beat Furman with Furman’s MVP, QB Tyler Huff, out of the line-up due to injury. And you can put as much or as little weight as you choose on the impact of the egregious officiating error(s) that occurred in that game for which the SoCon, essentially, apologized and fired a white hat with 15+ years of service.

The only places the FU vs. SU debate is settled are in the official records (for now…of course), the minds of Samford Fans, and in the posts of people who are uninformed and/or have an agenda to tout.

Furman fans (and Team) would love nothing more than to get a rematch with Samford in the Playoffs - hopefully in the latter rounds, hopefully with Huff playing QB for the Paladins, and hopefully with competent and non-compromised officials.

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Samford deserves a seed and I believe will get a seed unless they lose to the Bears this weekend.
From the POV of a die-hard Furman fan - the DINS sit at the highest rank of 9 or 10.Like Bruce Willis, you need to Die Harder. Furman’s resume compares favorably with many of the Teams we are seeing ranked in the Top 8.

The Cats
November 14th, 2022, 08:10 AM
None of you folks are going to change anyone's mind, no matter how logical or "homer" your reply happens to be.

Why even post a thread like this in a board MVFC/Big Sky heavy? A SoCon team is not going to get any support on this board, and that's ok...

Do your talking on the field, then let 'em make up excuses why they lost (i.e. our starting QB didn't play that game we lost - we'd love another shot at them - sound familiar?)

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 08:18 AM
None of you folks are going to change anyone's mind, no matter how logical or "homer" your reply happens to be.

Why even post a thread like this in a board MVFC/Big Sky heavy? A SoCon team is not going to get any support on this board, and that's ok...

Do your talking on the field, then let 'em make up excuses why they lost (i.e. our starting QB didn't play that game we lost - we'd love another shot at them - sound familiar?)LOL

This is a thread about winning, championships, and playoffs.

Maybe you should stick to posting in threads where you, as a Fan, and your Team have some experience with the subject matter.

If anyone wants advice on winning, championships, and playoffs, the very last place they should turn would be to anything WCU Football-related. Coming up on 50 years in the SoCon with 0 Championships and haven’t been to the Playoffs since the Reagan administration.

Does that complete dearth of any Football success sound familiar?

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 09:29 AM

Do your talking on the field, then let 'em make up excuses why they lost (i.e. our starting QB didn't play that game we lost - we'd love another shot at them - sound familiar?)Exactly right, do your talking on the field because the SoCon hasn't done that since Georgia Southern left a decade ago or so.

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Exactly right, do your talking on the field…
Says the guy with at least 33,174, and counting, examples of ‘talking’ off the field.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 09:36 AM
Says the guy with at least 33,174 examples of talking off the fieldLMAO, good one but my point stands, maybe the SoCon will surprise some people this year in the playoffs, anything is possible, I guess. :D

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Says the guy with at least 33,174, and counting, examples of ‘talking’ off the field.

Also the guy whose team has done a whole ****load of talking ON the field over the last 11 years.... xcoffeex

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 09:38 AM
Also the guy whose team has done a whole ****load of talking ON the field over the last 11 years.... xcoffeex
How many plays was POD on the field playing or coaching for the bizuns during those 11 years?

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 09:47 AM
How many plays was POD on the field playing or coaching for the bizuns during those 11 years?

Point is, POD has a lot of leeway for talking off the field because the Bizuns back it up on the field. If my team had that kind of success, I would be insufferable like... well.... Bizun fans. (I kid, I kid)

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 09:51 AM
Point is, POD has a lot of leeway for talking off the field because the Bizuns back it up on the field. If my team had that kind of success, I would be insufferable like... well.... Bizun fans. (I kid, I kid)Dude, I catch a lot of **** by not being a big time Bison homer, I rarely trash talk teams unless it is UND hockey or UND football and SDSU because, quite frankly, I have a hard time eating crow, as it where. I also think it is good that maybe, just maybe, the SoCon is crawling out of the primordial swamp of irrelevance that they have occupied for a long time.

jacksfan29!
November 14th, 2022, 10:03 AM

Do your talking on the field, then let 'em make up excuses why they lost (i.e. our starting QB didn't play that game we lost - we'd love another shot at them - sound familiar?)

Fine, give Furman a seed. They get a week off, lose to a first round winner out of the MVFC, BSC or CAA, they can put up a banner touting their seed and we can all move on.

FUGameBreaker
November 14th, 2022, 10:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ekor-7uX0AE5PI9?format=jpg&name=large

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 10:07 AM
Dude, I catch a lot of **** by not being a big time Bison homer, I rarely trash talk teams unless it is UND hockey or UND football and SDSU because, quite frankly, I have a hard time eating crow, as it where. I also think it is good that maybe, just maybe, the SoCon is crawling out of the primordial swamp of irrelevance that they have occupied for a long time.

Same on the eating crow. I was bombastic over Cat-Griz in my younger years, only to eat crow when rubber met the road. And I didn't mean to imply that you're a homer, if that's how it came off. Honestly, most Bison fans are very humble. We were on the Bison sideline last year about the 35 yard line, nothing but salt of the Earth (I already knew that, having grown up in ND). Coincidentally, I was browsing pics on my phone last night and came across this pic of Pierre Gee-Tucker with a Thanos glove of championship rings.

https://i.postimg.cc/vBF7BjFJ/20220108-134701.jpg

Goddamn it... I did it again. Gotta find FUBeAR's upload instructions/website.

semobison
November 14th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Some Socan fans still think it’s the 2000’s. No semifinal teams in the last decade and only 4 have made the quarter’s. Win some playoff games or STFU!

FUGameBreaker
November 14th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Facts is facts mane xthumbsupx

NDSU don't want no smoke.........

https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1592150984549371905

ElCid
November 14th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Dude, I catch a lot of **** by not being a big time Bison homer, I rarely trash talk teams unless it is UND hockey or UND football and SDSU because, quite frankly, I have a hard time eating crow, as it where. I also think it is good that maybe, just maybe, the SoCon is crawling out of the primordial swamp of irrelevance that they have occupied for a long time.

Part of the issue, and it's been brought up a lot, is the competition for recruits that the SOCON faces. Unlike some of the more successful teams lately, the SOCON faces exponentially more difficulties in recruiting. The number of Div I schools in NC, SC, GA, TN, AL, and VA is HUGE. Those states being the SOCON footprint where probably 75%? of players are recruited from. There are 33 FCS schools alone in those states. Add in the 27 FBS teams in those states as well, and there are 60 total Div I teams in those states. That's ridiculous. And many of those teams didn't exist 20-30 years ago. Harder today to get talent than it used to be. And it's gotten worse as teams have moved up with more scholarships added. Looking at just GA, in the last 10 years or so. Added GA St (85), added KSU (63), added Mercer (63), added GA SO (+22 more) scholarships. That's 233 more scholarships that didn't exist before. The pool of talent is getting thinned out more than it used to be.

That being said, the population is bigger, but still not big enough to cover everyone equally. I think the thing that is really helping some SOCON schools this year is the virus year and transfer portal. The last is a two edged sword, but on average it looks like a net gain this year. Recruiting is part of the equation, so it is still on the coach to find the right players, but the deck has been stacked a bit lately with increased recruiting competition.

Not an excuse, just an observation.

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 10:48 AM
Same on the eating crow. I was bombastic over Cat-Griz in my younger years, only to eat crow when rubber met the road. And I didn't mean to imply that you're a homer, if that's how it came off. Honestly, most Bison fans are very humble. We were on the Bison sideline last year about the 35 yard line, nothing but salt of the Earth (I already knew that, having grown up in ND). Coincidentally, I was browsing pics on my phone last night and came across this pic of Pierre Gee-Tucker with a Thanos glove of championship rings.

https://i.postimg.cc/vBF7BjFJ/20220108-134701.jpg

Goddamn it... I did it again. Gotta find FUBeAR's upload instructions/website.

Hey - you did it. Nice pic. FUBeAR likes those…

https://i.postimg.cc/7LmQGjr8/DFC51-B30-D048-4-BF4-BC0-B-F6989-A9-EB199.jpg

FUBeAR’s “1 for the thumb” (1983) is currently missing. We’ll find it…someday. It’s actually the nicest of the 5. The bling was not quite so blingy in those days.

Does earning these in the past give FUBeAR the right to ‘talk’ off the field in the present, having once ‘talked’ on it…or nah?

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Part of the issue, and it's been brought up a lot, is the competition for recruits that the SOCON faces. Unlike some of the more successful teams lately, the SOCON faces exponentially more difficulties in recruiting. The number of Div I schools in NC, SC, GA, TN, AL, and VA is HUGE. Those states being the SOCON footprint where probably 75%? of players are recruited from. There are 33 FCS schools alone in those states. Add in the 27 FBS teams in those states as well, and there are 60 total Div I teams in those states. That's ridiculous. And many of those teams didn't exist 20-30 years ago. Harder today to get talent than it used to be. And it's gotten worse as teams have moved up with more scholarships added. Looking at just GA, in the last 10 years or so. Added GA St (85), added KSU (63), added Mercer (63), added GA SO (+22 more) scholarships. That's 233 more scholarships that didn't exist before. The pool of talent is getting thinned out more than it used to be.

That being said, the population is bigger, but still not big enough to cover everyone equally. I think the thing that is really helping some SOCON schools this year is the virus year and transfer portal. The last is a two edged sword, but on average it looks like a net gain this year. Recruiting is part of the equation, so it is still on the coach to find the right players, but the deck has been stacked a bit lately with increased recruiting competition.

NDSU is able to find a few gems in your area. It's not that difficult.

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 10:54 AM
Some Socan fans still think it’s the 2000’s. No semifinal teams in the last decade and only 4 have made the quarter’s. Win some playoff games or STFU!Triple stacked deck - few Teams in, few byes, few home games. ‘Game’ is rigged.

Shouldn’t you be focused on the F’in Hawks? Be a shame for the bizuns to get blown out and not even get an at-large bid.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 11:33 AM

I agree that there's a bit more competition for recruits, but it's not as pronounced as one might think. 45% of MSU and UM rosters are made up of good ol' Montana boys (93/209 if I counted correctly). That's 93 DI players from a state with only 1.1M people (not counting those who actually go out of state for FBS). I believe the 4 Dakota schools recruit heavily in-state with populations under 1M and they have no problem fielding strong teams, typically. Fill in the gaps with recruits from CA, TX, and FL like everyone does, and they are traditionally strong programs (maybe less so with UND and USD). CA, TX and FL have 90.55M but only 15 FCS and 26 FBS schools.

Like you said, it's on the coaches to find the right players but more importantly, sway them to play for your school, which comes down to a lot of factors (facilities, academics, campus life, etc.) but typically.... success begets success. Kids like winning. Fans like winning. Winning fills stadiums. Kids like playing in full stadiums. I think that has a lot to do with the SoCon's recruiting issues. xtwocentsx

Mocs123
November 14th, 2022, 11:46 AM
I'm not aware of any SoCon schools that recruit Texas heavy - though I think Furman has tried a time or two in the past. Nobody from the SoCon really recruits California, and while some recruit Florida, not all do. For example for the most part the Mocs get almost all their players from Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.

I'm not too familiar with recruiting in Montana, but I did keep an eye on NDSU and especially early in their dominating reign, they didn't have highly ranked recruiting classes or sign a bunch of multi star guys. They seemed to get guys that fit their system and culture, and perhaps found some sleepers - though I imagine if you're a HS football player in ND or Montana you're not getting a lot of scouts coming in. They want to go to Atlanta when they can visit twenty 3- star guys in an afternoon.

FUGameBreaker
November 14th, 2022, 11:50 AM
https://sd.keepcalms.com/i/keep-calm-and-fu-all-the-time.png

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 11:57 AM
I'm not aware of any SoCon schools that recruit Texas heavy - though I think Furman has tried a time or two in the past. Nobody from the SoCon really recruits California, and while some recruit Florida, not all do. For example for the most part the Mocs get almost all their players from Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.

I'm not too familiar with recruiting in Montana, but I did keep an eye on NDSU and especially early in their dominating reign, they didn't have highly ranked recruiting classes or sign a bunch of multi star guys. They seemed to get guys that fit their system and culture, and perhaps found some sleepers - though I imagine if you're a HS football player in ND or Montana you're not getting a lot of scouts coming in. They want to go to Atlanta when they can visit twenty 3- star guys in an afternoon.NDSU has kids on the roster from 16 states, quite a few from CA, TX, GA, FLA, we rarely, if ever, get a kid from Montana,

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2022, 12:03 PM

I'm not too familiar with recruiting in Montana, but I did keep an eye on NDSU and especially early in their dominating reign, they didn't have highly ranked recruiting classes or sign a bunch of multi star guys. They seemed to get guys that fit their system and culture, and perhaps found some sleepers - though I imagine if you're a HS football player in ND or Montana you're not getting a lot of scouts coming in. They want to go to Atlanta when they can visit twenty 3- star guys in an afternoon.

Perhaps that's a mistake. CA has 39M people and only 4 FCS and 7 FBS teams. TX has quite a few more FCS/FBS schools, but football is life there, so there's a plethora of talent. There's gotta be some kids that would rather play SoCon football than DII or JuCo, or even over a Cal Poly/Northern Colorado type DI. Or maybe not. xchinscratchx Just seems to me that if 3 of the top 4 FCS teams reside in 3 states with a combined population of 2.774M, they aren't having the same issues recruiting. I do agree that finding the RIGHT guys to fit the system can be more important than grabbing a bunch of 3-star recruits. Regardless, like POD Knows, I'm glad the SoCon is appearing to be getting stronger. It's good for FCS overall.

Mocs123
November 14th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Perhaps that's a mistake. CA has 39M people and only 4 FCS and 7 FBS teams. TX has quite a few more FCS/FBS schools, but football is life there, so there's a plethora of talent. There's gotta be some kids that would rather play SoCon football than DII or JuCo, or even over a Cal Poly/Northern Colorado type DI. Or maybe not. xchinscratchx Just seems to me that if 3 of the top 4 FCS teams reside in 3 states with a combined population of 2.774M, they aren't having the same issues recruiting. I do agree that finding the RIGHT guys to fit the system can be more important than grabbing a bunch of 3-star recruits. Regardless, like POD Knows, I'm glad the SoCon is appearing to be getting stronger. It's good for FCS overall.

It could be a mistake. My guess is a couple of the reasons we don't recruit that area is the cost of flying back and forth to see kids, and our coaches don't have any contacts in the area.

ElCid
November 14th, 2022, 12:17 PM
NDSU is able to find a few gems in your area. It's not that difficult.

Sure, and that's part of it. I haven't looked closely at other teams, but we get a gem or two from other places, like NY, FL, TX, PA,.... But the bread and butter depth recruiting happens in-state or in the surrounding states.

Mocs123
November 14th, 2022, 12:19 PM
NDSU has kids on the roster from 16 states, quite a few from CA, TX, GA, FLA, we rarely, if ever, get a kid from Montana,

I threw Montana in there because the poster that discussed recruiting was from Montana State. In reality though NDSU and Montana State are similar in that along with Montana and North Dakota, they are the premier programs in the state. Neither state has a P5 program, nor a G5 program, whereas in Tennessee we have 2 p5 programs and 2 g5 programs, not to mention we're close to UGA, Alabama, and AU - all hugely popular SEC schools that have won recent national championships. Let's face it, nobody grows up in the Southeast dreaming about playing for a SoCon school - they want to play in the SEC.

Now don't get me wrong, recruiting in a very rural state like North Dakota or Montana has different challenges. There just aren't as many kids, everyone is all spread out, etc.

If you were to go on Chattanooga's campus, I bet you'd see five times as many Vols shirts as Mocs shirts, I bet the same can be said for Furman and Clemson shirts, Samford and Alabama or Auburn shirts, or Mercer and UGA shirts. Schools in the southeast face an uphill battle as even in schools' hometowns most citizens are fans of an SEC or ACC team first, and the FCS school is just a secondary choice.

ElCid
November 14th, 2022, 12:25 PM
I threw Montana in there because the poster that discussed recruiting was from Montana State. In reality though NDSU and Montana State are similar in that along with Montana and North Dakota, they are the premier programs in the state. Neither state has a P5 program, nor a G5 program, whereas in Tennessee we have 2 p5 programs and 2 g5 programs, not to mention we're close to UGA, Alabama, and AU - all hugely popular SEC schools that have won recent national championships. Let's face it, nobody grows up in the Southeast dreaming about playing for a SoCon school - they want to play in the SEC.

Now don't get me wrong, recruiting in a very rural state like North Dakota or Montana has different challenges. There just aren't as many kids, everyone is all spread out, etc.

If you were to go on Chattanooga's campus, I bet you'd see five times as many Vols shirts as Mocs shirts, I bet the same can be said for Furman and Clemson shirts, Samford and Alabama or Auburn shirts, or Mercer and UGA shirts. Schools in the southeast face an uphill battle as even in schools' hometowns most citizens are fans of an SEC or ACC team first, and the FCS school is just a secondary choice.

Want to talk challenges? How about trying to get someone to live in barracks with a year round curfew, formations, uniforms, etc. That requires some unique recruiting challenges.

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2022, 12:40 PM
Sure, and that's part of it. I haven't looked closely at other teams, but we get a gem or two from other places, like NY, FL, TX, PA,.... But the bread and butter depth recruiting happens in-state or in the surrounding states.

We have 5 states, ND, SD, WI, MN, IA with approx 15 million population, 11 DI schools in those states. 3 states, SC, NC and Georgia have a pop of 25 million, add TN and VA and that's nother 15 million, or 40 million population to recruit from, and that's not even including the 21 million in Florida, that is closer than VA or TN.

ElCid
November 14th, 2022, 01:32 PM
We have 5 states, ND, SD, WI, MN, IA with approx 15 million population, 11 DI schools in those states. 3 states, SC, NC and Georgia have a pop of 25 million, add TN and VA and that's nother 15 million, or 40 million population to recruit from, and that's not even including the 21 million in Florida, that is closer than VA or TN.

We have some FL players. I think most schools have a few players from Florida. Good recruiting ground. But even Florida itself has more schools than it use to. I think even FSU, Florida, and Miami have felt the pinch. They have dropped off the last decade from their previous consistent level. But your numbers show part of the issue. The states you list have 15M for 11 schools. If you add AL, 5M to 40 M, that's 45M for 60 schools. Simple numbers. There are a thousand stories in the big city of recruiting, but the starting point has us at a challenged lately.

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2022, 01:34 PM

FUBeAR’s “1 for the thumb” (1983) is currently missing. We’ll find it…someday. It’s actually the nicest of the 5. The bling was not quite so blingy in those days.

Does earning these in the past give FUBeAR the right to ‘talk’ off the field in the present, having once ‘talked’ on it…or nah?

Talk it up my friend. You've earned it!

taper
November 14th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Want to talk challenges? How about trying to get someone to live in barracks with a year round curfew, formations, uniforms, etc. That requires some unique recruiting challenges.
I'm a glass half full guy. Your players probably won't be entering the transfer portal their jr/sr year. We're beginning to see a big problem with that.

jacksfan29!
November 14th, 2022, 01:56 PM
NDSU has kids on the roster from 16 states, quite a few from CA, TX, GA, FLA, we rarely, if ever, get a kid from Montana,

Kind of interesting, SDSU also has 16 states represented. I do not recall us ever having a Montana recruit. I think we have had only one or two North Dakota players over the years. Seems like NDSU always has at least one South Dakotan starting for them. Outside of the area, we get a number of kids from AZ and FL but the bulk come from SD, NE, Ill, IA and MN.

ElCid
November 14th, 2022, 01:57 PM
I'm a glass half full guy. Your players probably won't be entering the transfer portal their jr/sr year. We're beginning to see a big problem with that.

Unfortunately we have lost at least one upperclassman to the portal. I can stomach a grad transfer out, we've had a few lately, but not a JR. Ouch.

FUGameBreaker
November 14th, 2022, 02:09 PM
NDSU best win is NC A&T xrotatehx

https://media1.giphy.com/media/nSfOMO9akwMco/giphy.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 14th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Facts is still facts mane, Paladins resume wins in a landslide xthumbsupx

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuI0yrWWYAQYb5g.jpg:large

FUGameBreaker
November 14th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Its 2022 mane, elite the Bison are not!

1-9 Colorado > 3-7 Cal > 4-6 Arizona > NDSU

https://i.gifer.com/origin/ab/abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2022, 03:25 PM

https://i.gifer.com/origin/ab/abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif

Must be laughing at yourself, NDSU already won in championship in 2022, on January 8th they beat Montana State.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 04:59 PM

https://i.gifer.com/origin/ab/abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gifso 1-9 Colorado is better that UCLA. You are a genius.

Preferred Walk-On
November 14th, 2022, 05:07 PM
so 1-9 Colorado is better that UCLA. You are a genius.

You forget that NDSU is also better than UCLA (3 pt loss to Arizona vs. 6 pt loss by the Bruins). Also, do you think Colorado should be seeded...over Furman?

POD Knows
November 14th, 2022, 05:10 PM
You forget that NDSU is also better than UCLA (3 pt loss to Arizona vs. 6 pt loss by the Bruins). Also, do you think Colorado should be seeded...over Furman?
Colorado would beat Furman like a drum.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2022, 05:26 PM

NDSU plays them in '24. Bison beatdown

ElCid
November 14th, 2022, 05:35 PM

Actually, Massey has Furman beating them by one. Hmm.

Chalupa Batman
November 14th, 2022, 05:51 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/BZQziX6q2hmX6/giphy.gif

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2022, 06:41 PM

Im going to assume those are conference championships. What years?

katss07
November 14th, 2022, 06:56 PM
I respect SoCon fans, you guys are different.

FUBeAR
November 14th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Im going to assume those are conference championships. What years?
SoCon Championship rings - L to R - ‘78, ‘80, ‘82, ‘81

Only I-AA ‘82 & ‘83 (ring not pictured) - lost in 1st round to outstanding SCSU team in ‘82. Lost in semi’s in ‘83.

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2022, 09:17 PM
SoCon Championship rings - L to R - ‘78, ‘80, ‘82, ‘81

Only I-AA ‘82 & ‘83 (ring not pictured) - lost in 1st round to outstanding SCSU team in ‘82. Lost in semi’s in ‘83.

xthumbsupx xbowx

SteelSD
November 14th, 2022, 10:31 PM
This is a fun thread. From claiming to be better than the 9 time champions to complaining about how much harder it is to recruit good players in SC than it is in ND. Color me amused.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 12:06 AM
This is a fun thread. From claiming to be better than the 9 time champions to complaining about how much harder it is to recruit good players in SC than it is in ND. Color me amused.
How many of those 9 Championships came during this 2022 Season (not calendar year…2022 SEASON)?

Stop livin’ in the past, man. FUBeAR has seen Furman play in 3 National Championship games, but you don’t see him bringing that ish up. Just like last year, those games are ancient history now. These bizuns (and bizun /mvfc fan boys) need to wash that and just focus on going 1-0 this week vs. the F’in Hawks.

Each FCS Season is an independent event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E7_u2qgjE

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2022, 12:18 AM
How many of those 9 Championships came during this 2022 Season (not calendar year…2022 SEASON)?

Stop livin’ in the past, man. FUBeAR has seen Furman play in 3 National Championship games, but you don’t see him bringing that ish up. Just like last year, those games are ancient history now. These bizuns (and bizun /mvfc fan boys) need to wash that and just focus on going 1-0 this week vs. the F’in Hawks.

Each FCS Season is an independent event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E7_u2qgjE

Fact is we arent nearly as good as we have been in the past. I would actually say we are mediocre in that regard. There is a laundry list of issues on the D and O. Not to mention questionable coaching. NDSU is going to have to play their best game this weekend.

PaladinNation
November 15th, 2022, 06:07 AM

Actually not true related to Furman. Clay Hendrix has deep Texas connections due to his previous coaching stint at Air Force. Furman actually has two coaches assigned to recruiting Texas, one has Houston the other has Dallas/Ft Worth. Heavy focus on the Private schools in the Dallas area. Furman has ten players on the roster from Texas.

For 2023 Furman has a commit from Louisiana and Ohio and an offer out to QB from Cali. Furman has a broad recruiting footprint, they have to. Sadly, academic requirements forces Furman to recruit primarily out of state. Only three players are from SC on Furman's two deep.

Re-read Mocs post— Furman has three players on the roster from Tampa's Jesuit (including Braden Gilby). Furman has five players on the two deep from Florida including Huff.

Furman does run into SouIll a lot in recruiting. Furman bandit Luke Clark had a Montana offer (played in Kentucky).

PaladinNation
November 15th, 2022, 06:21 AM

POD, much respect to you and the Bison but this comment—shows little knowledge or bias against Furman and the program. Furman would jump at the chance to play the Buffs. Last time the DINS went west to play an FBS was Wyoming in 2001. Furman did lose 20-14.

I will add… I would love to see NDSU, as well as any other Dakota, Montana come south to play on a typical early September game in South Carolina. NDSU has always had the home field advantage playing a SoCon school. Come to SC brother, let's dance on a hot and humid afternoon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2022, 06:34 AM
POD, much respect to you and the Bison but this comment—shows little knowledge or bias against Furman and the program. Furman would jump at the chance to play the Buffs. Last time the DINS went west to play an FBS was Wyoming in 2001. Furman did lose 20-14.

I will add… I would love to see NDSU, as well as any other Dakota, Montana come south to play on a typical early September game in South Carolina. NDSU has always had the home field advantage playing a SoCon school. Come to SC brother, let's dance on a hot and humid afternoon.

NDSU will not travel for an away game and lose a 6th home game. They already have trouble trying to find FBS games so they have started to do "destination" games, which are fun. Next year they have a game at USBank the Vikings home stadium. In '19 is was at Target Field.

That "home field advantage" in the playoffs you mentioned is because they took care of business during the regular season and earned a high seed.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2022, 06:39 AM

Except the time they went to Statesboro and blew out Georgia Southern. They were shell shocked the rest of the season.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Except the time they went to Statesboro and blew out Georgia Southern. They were shell shocked the rest of the season.
LOL - 2006…The 1 year of the “BVG Experience” at GaSou. By the time the bizuns came south in the cool of mid-October, the Iggles had already lost to Central Connecticut and to a horrible Chatt Team. That GaSou Team limped to 2-5 in the SoCon and 3-8 overall. There was no shell shocking to it. They were just bad and poorly Coached. Heck, they were so bad, they fired VanGorder after 1 season and turned the reins over to some 30 year old kid from a D2 school a couple of counties away, who promptly drove the Iggles’ yellow school bus deeper into Beautiful Iggle Sewage Ditch.

NDSU woulda been 5-4 against SoCon Teams playing in SoCon Stadiums this season. Winning record though, so we’ll give ‘em props for that.

PaladinNation
November 15th, 2022, 07:41 AM
I have a destination game for the Bison… Chucktown first week of September, neutral site Furman vs NDSU.
Come on down!

Hell– maybe the Bison would like Conway/MB better than Charleston. I bet Coastal would welcome a Bison/Dins September match up.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 07:48 AM
I have a destination game for the Bison… Chucktown first week of September, neutral site Furman vs NDSU.
Come on down!

Hell– maybe the Bison would like Conway/MB better than Charleston. I bet Coastal would welcome a Bison/Dins September match up.
Columbia, AKA the Front Porch of Hell or The Devil’s Waffle Iron, would be better. Could the bizuns army come south and fill Williams-Brice? Would they all have to be resuscitated and iced down before halftime?

FUBeAR would attend and reminisce about FU whippin’ the Cocks there 28-23 in ‘82. Hated we gave up that garbage TD in the final second of the game as it occludes how badly we whipped that SEC a$$.

https://twitter.com/paladinfootball/status/1449342205441753090

PaladinNation
November 15th, 2022, 07:50 AM
All kidding aside… we will meet again sooner rather than later.
Furman admin has made significant changes that will keep existing players from graduating early.
Expectations are many if not most seniors will be back next season.
Add in a unique, and attractive two-year master's program and Furman's program is only getting stronger.

Will we take some lumps? Probably, but not without a fight.

PaladinNation
November 15th, 2022, 07:54 AM
Ditto on Columbia!
The armpit of the state.
The kicker in SC and Bama for that matter in early September is 90% or higher humidity.

FU_Paladin08
November 15th, 2022, 08:44 AM
This is the other wrinkle in SoCon challenges. Competition from FBS schools and Southeast new programs, sure. But the SoCon has built-in recruiting limitations with 2 military schools and 3 private schools with very high academic standards and low enrollment. The 20k students at App and GaSo did a lot to cover up the smaller schools limitations.

UNHWildcat18
November 15th, 2022, 10:17 AM
I respect SoCon fans, you guys are different.

A strange bunch that's for sure xlolx

SU DOG
November 15th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Just my opinion but I think the SoCon and CAA should be the focus. No SoCon team should be handicapped by having to place a D-2 school on their schedule. There is enough geographic footprint here to make this possible without terrific travel problems. I've never understood why this is never done. I guess the biggest problem is that the CAA has too many teams to accommodate. I'm just saying that this would be a good thing for lots of different reasons if it were possible.

Mocs123
November 15th, 2022, 11:02 AM
I really hate SoCon teams playing D2's but it occasionally does happen. We might end up having to play one next year if the KSU series falls through, which it might with them moving up to FBS.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2022, 11:09 AM
Kind of interesting, SDSU also has 16 states represented. I do not recall us ever having a Montana recruit. I think we have had only one or two North Dakota players over the years. Seems like NDSU always has at least one South Dakotan starting for them. Outside of the area, we get a number of kids from AZ and FL but the bulk come from SD, NE, Ill, IA and MN.
I think NDSU only have 3 guys from SD, generally we get some OL and DL line guys, I am trying to think if we have had a skill position player from SD and I can't think of one.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2022, 11:19 AM
I think NDSU only have 3 guys from SD, generally we get some OL and DL line guys, I am trying to think if we have had a skill position player from SD and I can't think of one.
Trevor Gebhardt was a pretty decent WR for the Bison out of Sioux Falls. Started in 2014 and contributed in 2012 and 2013.

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2022, 11:32 AM

We love hot weather. Ask Kansas State how that worked out when they were cramping up and we werent.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2022, 11:50 AM

I will add… I would love to see NDSU, as well as any other Dakota, Montana come south to play on a typical early September game in South Carolina. NDSU has always had the home field advantage playing a SoCon school. Come to SC brother, let's dance on a hot and humid afternoon.My comment was mostly a troll, I figured I would join the troll party. The weather isn't a problem, NDSU beat Kansas State in 100 degree heat in Manhattan, KS. KSU was the team that folded in the weather.
I think a H and H would be cool with a quality SoCon team.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 11:53 AM
We love hot weather. Ask Kansas State how that worked out when they were cramping up and we werent.
Had a HS Teammate from the Carolinas who played for K-State. He told FUBeAR that Manhattan, KS is the coldest place in the universe.

Beating the University of the North Pole at a neutral site in Nunavut as an example of the bizuns ability to handle the heat isn’t gonna gain much purchase against us 100 degree / 100% humidity every day peeps.

Oh, you think heat is your ally. But you merely adopted the heat; We were born in it, molded by it. We didn't feel the chill of below 85 degrees until we were already men.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE3MzMxMDAxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUyMzgwOA@@._ V1_.jpg

Mocs123
November 15th, 2022, 11:54 AM
Didn't I see that ETSU and NDSU have a home and home scheduled? Or was it another MVFC or Big Sky team? Of course ETSU being descent depends on the year apparently. They seem to go back and forth between the doghouse and the penthouse.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2022, 12:04 PM
Didn't I see that ETSU and NDSU have a home and home scheduled? Or was it another MVFC or Big Sky team? Of course ETSU being descent depends on the year apparently. They seem to go back and forth between the doghouse and the penthouse.Yea, unfortunately, we do have a H and H with them, although I have never been to that part of TN and might try and get out to that game.

FUGameBreaker
November 15th, 2022, 12:06 PM
Funny to see this thread get substantially more attention than the FCS college gameday thread, some of these people out West just getting all up in their feels, essentially the truth hurts for some of them xnodx

https://c.tenor.com/yXC5qUnt_nAAAAAC/feels-let-me-tell-you-about-my-feels.gif

Anyone that can't see how absolutely weak sauce that NDSU resume is would easily qualify as a certified moron xthumbsupx

Send them Fargo boys packing mane!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/147e4598f70446597c570a537bba1b0b/tumblr_odsfm6T9B31tkb2p0o1_500.gif

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 12:12 PM
Yea, unfortunately, we do have a H and H with them, although I have never been to that part of TN and might try and get out to that game.
You should go. Great stadium. A little small, but it was perfect sized for the de facto SoCon Championship game FUBeAR attended there last Fall. Great energy. Big, loud, and good ETSU band & students on the Visitors side keep the energy amped up. Lotsa fun. Beautiful surrounding country too.

That said, it ain’t SC, GA, or AL heat up there in the Blue Ridge Mountains. You gotta come to Maconga to get that good Africa-Hot we love down here!

POD Knows
November 15th, 2022, 12:32 PM
You should go. Great stadium. A little small, but it was perfect sized for the de facto SoCon Championship game FUBeAR attended there last Fall. Great energy. Big, loud, and good ETSU band & students on the Visitors side keep the energy amped up. Lotsa fun. Beautiful surrounding country too.

That said, it ain’t SC, GA, or AL heat up there in the Blue Ridge Mountains. You gotta come to Maconga to get that good Africa-Hot we love down here!I might make the trek to Johnson City, but I have zero desire to sit in 100 degree heat with matching humidity. Yesterday, it was 16 degrees here and I blew snow with a sweatshirt and a windbreaker and I was roasting. We had a company meeting in FLA in June once and we were outside most of the time, inland, away from the ocean and it was like, **** me. We also did the same stupid thing in the Lake of the Ozarks in July. Played some golf, survived the 18 holes but it was mid 90's with matching humidity, miserable as hell.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 12:47 PM
I might make the trek to Johnson City, but I have zero desire to sit in 100 degree heat with matching humidity. Yesterday, it was 16 degrees here and I blew snow with a sweatshirt and a windbreaker and I was roasting. We had a company meeting in FLA in June once and we were outside most of the time, inland, away from the ocean and it was like, **** me. We also did the same stupid thing in the Lake of the Ozarks in July. Played some golf, survived the 18 holes but it was mid 90's with matching humidity, miserable as hell.
9/14/24…

Johnson City, TN
Weather averages

Month High / Low(°F)
September 80° / 57°

…you might need a light jacket in that cool mountain air

It ain’t Maconga

ElCid
November 15th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Yea, unfortunately, we do have a H and H with them, although I have never been to that part of TN and might try and get out to that game.

Hour and a half from me. Still haven't been to their new stadium. I'd go maybe.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2022, 01:20 PM
Hour and a half from me. Still haven't been to their new stadium. I'd go maybe.The game in Johnson City is September 2024. A lot can change by then. We have Maine and Central Arkansas at home next fall, those are decent OOC games for us. We have EWU at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis next fall as well.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2022, 01:36 PM

That said, it ain’t SC, GA, or AL heat up there in the Blue Ridge Mountains. You gotta come to Maconga to get that good Africa-Hot we love down here!

The South ain’t really that hot in my world, Puerto Rican’s use space heaters in the Deep South in August

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2022, 02:01 PM
The game in Johnson City is September 2024. A lot can change by then. We have Maine and Central Arkansas at home next fall, those are decent OOC games for us. We have EWU at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis next fall as well.

The game with EWU will be a joke. Piss poor team and they will bring about as many as Butler did......150.

40+ point blowout but 30-35K Bison fans will be a fun atmosphere.

PaladinNation
November 15th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Furman and William & Mary will tangle soon.
At W&M on Sept. 21.2024 and at Furman on Sept. 6, 2025.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 03:28 PM
With Furman in great shape for a high seed if they TCB vs. Woffy (since we’ve learned today that the Committee will be taking injuries and officiating issues into account), we can let the Tribal Slaughtering begin in Paladin Stadium THIS year. Round 2 or later - don’t matter to FUBeAR. Looking forward to having Mary visit with us again (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more)…Bill, not so much.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2022, 04:35 PM

If I had my way, Furman would be losing a game in Williamsburg this December

Great FCS match up

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2022, 08:01 PM
LOL - 2006…The 1 year of the “BVG Experience” at GaSou. By the time the bizuns came south in the cool of mid-October, the Iggles had already lost to Central Connecticut and to a horrible Chatt Team. That GaSou Team limped to 2-5 in the SoCon and 3-8 overall. There was no shell shocking to it. They were just bad and poorly Coached. Heck, they were so bad, they fired VanGorder after 1 season and turned the reins over to some 30 year old kid from a D2 school a couple of counties away, who promptly drove the Iggles’ yellow school bus deeper into Beautiful Iggle Sewage Ditch.

NDSU woulda been 5-4 against SoCon Teams playing in SoCon Stadiums this season. Winning record though, so we’ll give ‘em props for that.

Keep dreaming and playing Chuck South.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2022, 08:08 PM
The South ain’t really that hot in my world, Puerto Rican’s use space heaters in the Deep South in August

I love hot weather too.

We've heard Southern speed and Southern heat for years. Bunch of B as in S as in BS.

ElCid
November 15th, 2022, 08:17 PM
I love hot weather too.

We've heard Southern speed and Southern heat for years. Bunch of B as in S as in BS.

Eh, it's like cold weather, or altitude, or any number of environmental issues. Could be a factor here and there, but won't bother a mentally prepared team.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Eh, it's like cold weather, or altitude, or any number of environmental issues. Could be a factor here and there, but won't bother a mentally prepared team.

Agree👍

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2022, 09:06 PM

I remember years ago when we had to play MSU in Bozeman in the playoffs. MSU were bagging us about playing in cold and snow. The night before they flew out I drove by the practice field. It was night time, freaking cold, wind was blowing 20 and it was snowing sideways. The whole team was wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts. We all know how the game turned out. This years team??????????????????

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 09:11 PM
Keep dreaming and playing Chuck South.
Watch out now. The Buccaneers ain’t throwin’ no picnics for visitors to greater Ladson, SC. Play ‘em in their HS Stadium in September and this year’s bizuns just mighta got cut early in the season.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2022, 10:01 PM
Watch out now. The Buccaneers ain’t throwin’ no picnics for visitors to greater Ladson, SC. Play ‘em in their HS Stadium in September and this year’s bizuns just mighta got cut early in the season.

As I said before, In your Buccaneer! xsmiley_wix

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2022, 10:39 PM
As I said before, In your Buccaneer! xsmiley_wix

Its Halloween and a man answers the doorbell. Standing there is a small tyke dressed up as a pirate. Than man asks the little pirate----"wheres your buccaneers"?
Where the little pirate replies---"on my buccan head" Bada boom----

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2022, 10:49 PM
What's the pirate's favorite letter?

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2022, 11:06 PM

I

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 11:10 PM
R

ElCid
November 15th, 2022, 11:15 PM
I remember years ago when we had to play MSU in Bozeman in the playoffs. MSU were bagging us about playing in cold and snow. The night before they flew out I drove by the practice field. It was night time, freaking cold, wind was blowing 20 and it was snowing sideways. The whole team was wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts. We all know how the game turned out. This years team??????????????????

I remember Coastal going up to Montana for a playoff game in 2013 and all the Griz fans saying how they would all freeze. They might have been cold, but they also beat the Griz. Hilarious.

FUBeAR
November 15th, 2022, 11:23 PM
I remember Coastal going up to Montana for a playoff game in 2013 and all the Griz fans saying how they would all freeze. They might have been cold, but they also beat the Griz. Hilarious.
Did that Montana Team deserve to be in the Playoffs or were they more like this year’s Grizz squad?

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2022, 11:30 PM

The Coastal players were drinking hot soup on the sidelines. That coach was pretty smart.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2022, 05:19 AM
I

R
They do like R and they also like I but their first love be the C.

I'll show myself out...

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2022, 06:16 AM
They do like R but their first love be the C.

I'll show myself out...

We all know what C that would be

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 06:30 AM
We all know what C that would be
Aaaarrrr, the 8th C

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2022, 09:51 AM
The Call-out xthumbsupx

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/43/b0/b7/43b0b7776510d32ae0701af2b1d14299.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2022, 09:56 AM
The reaction xrotatehx

https://media.tenor.com/JrYQt2z4NuEAAAAC/bison-sniff.gif

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2022, 10:50 AM
The reaction xrotatehx

https://media.tenor.com/JrYQt2z4NuEAAAAC/bison-sniff.gif

Furman response, tell that there committee we all needs one of them seeds.
https://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/images/TheBLT/3800.jpg

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 11:41 AM
Furman response, tell that there committee we all needs one of them seeds.
https://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/images/TheBLT/3800.jpg

Tell me you’ve never been to Greenville, SC or Furman without telling me you’ve never been to Greenville, SC or Furman.

Are you confusing Furman with Appy?

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2022, 12:12 PM
I learned all I needed to know about Furman by watching this short 2.5 minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9X9mb4erQ

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 12:47 PM
I learned all I needed to know about Furman by watching this short 2.5 minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9X9mb4erQ
Those GaSou guys were just so funny. Miss them like FUBeAR misses having jock itch.

Know they are excited about finishing 5-7 this year. Big step up from last year’s 3-9 record!

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Tell me you’ve never been to Greenville, SC or Furman without telling me you’ve never been to Greenville, SC or Furman.

Are you confusing Furman with Appy?

Shoeless Joe Jackson

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 02:32 PM
Shoeless Joe Jackson
Died: December 5, 1951

FUBeAR understands you bizuns want to get 2022 credit for success from years gone by, but…jeez…didn’t know y’all were stuck that deep in a time tunnel.

*shoulda gone with Jesse Jackson instead

Jesse Louis Jackson (né (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Given_name) Burns; born October 8, 1941) is an American political activist (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activist), Baptist (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptist) minister (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minister_of_religion), and politician (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_United_States).

Born
age 81
Greenville, South Carolina (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenville,_South_Carolina)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2022, 02:59 PM
This stupid ass thread is at 16 pages after 3 days......all of you STFU!!!

xthumbsdownx

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2022, 03:08 PM

xthumbsdownx
Come on enjoy FUGB's badgering while it lasts... it's probably only a matter of time before he "deletes his account (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?235635-Should-I-delete-my-account-if-FU-falls-this-Saturday)" after a Furman loss and disappears again for 3 years. Someone had to fill the void left by HootyHoo when Kennesaw St went into the tank earlier this year. It definitely makes me pay more attention to Furman's games than I would otherwise.

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2022, 03:30 PM
Died: December 5, 1951

FUBeAR understands you bizuns want to get 2022 credit for success from years gone by, but…jeez…didn’t know y’all were stuck that deep in a time tunnel.

*shoulda gone with Jesse Jackson instead

Jesse Louis Jackson (né (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Given_name) Burns; born October 8, 1941) is an American political activist (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activist), Baptist (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptist) minister (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minister_of_religion), and politician (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_United_States).

Born
age 81
Greenville, South Carolina (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenville,_South_Carolina)

Been a while since I rafted the Chattooga River. Had to take it easy at one point where they were recovering a hikers body from the river.

ElCid
November 16th, 2022, 06:09 PM
Been a while since I rafted the Chattooga River. Had to take it easy at one point where they were recovering a hikers body from the river.

Did that a long time ago. Almost got nailed by decapitation rock. Had to do a yoga pose to avoid, well, getting decapitated.

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Did that a long time ago. Almost got nailed by decapitation rock. Had to do a yoga pose to avoid, well, getting decapitated.

Was that the 7-foot drop, then bounce into the rock?

POD Knows
November 16th, 2022, 07:25 PM
Come on enjoy FUGB's badgering while it lasts... it's probably only a matter of time before he "deletes his account (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?235635-Should-I-delete-my-account-if-FU-falls-this-Saturday)" after a Furman loss and disappears again for 3 years. Someone had to fill the void left by HootyHoo when Kennesaw St went into the tank earlier this year. It definitely makes me pay more attention to Furman's games than I would otherwise.
Ah, Furman. I wonder if that gem “”Bison on Ice” is still out there some place.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Ah, Furman. I wonder if that gem “”Bison on Ice” is still out there some place.
Oh yeah, you can't throw **** like that away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJtnvF8lJv8

It'll live on forever with "Hot Hot Hot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg)" (App St), "Call Me Maybe (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA)" (Sam Houston), and "C-A-T-S (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs)" (Montana St).

ElCid
November 16th, 2022, 08:23 PM
Was that the 7-foot drop, then bounce into the rock?

It's been years, decades since I did it. Can't remember.

ysubigred
November 16th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Its Halloween and a man answers the doorbell. Standing there is a small tyke dressed up as a pirate. Than man asks the little pirate----"wheres your buccaneers"?
Where the little pirate replies---"on my buccan head" Bada boom----Hmmm. I always thought under his bucking hat. [emoji57]

ysubigred
November 16th, 2022, 08:55 PM

xthumbsdownxDamn grumpy.. Plenty of server space for nonsense..

deez_na
November 16th, 2022, 09:12 PM
I would absolutely love to see Furman and NDSU play. If NDSU can put together a full consistent game, they would humiliate Furman. Ndsu lost 2 games by 5 total points and they looked terrible in a good portion of both games. Ndsu should and could very easily be undefeated right now all while not even putting together full games.

SteelSD
November 16th, 2022, 09:31 PM
Ah heck. Bison, could you just lose this weekend to UND and then let’s get the playoff committee to send you to Furman? The d measuring contest in this thread has been fun, but the exploding brains if this matchup actually happened would result in a 200 page thread. I’m in for that!

SCPALADIN
November 16th, 2022, 10:03 PM

The irony...already happened on the Furman message board a few weeks back. Only he reappeared a few days later with a new profile.

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah, you can't throw **** like that away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJtnvF8lJv8

It'll live on forever with "Hot Hot Hot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg)" (App St), "Call Me Maybe (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA)" (Sam Houston), and "C-A-T-S (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs)" (Montana St).

WOW - That’s awesome. Don’t know how, but FUBeAR musta missed that. Did find another version with several more verses toward the end - check it out below.

FUBeAR has heard a lot worse rap than these. Need to check out the others listed, but don’t think anything ever can top “Hot, Hot, Hot!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hbUzV8xCM

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2022, 10:32 PM
WOW - That’s awesome. Don’t know how, but FUBeAR musta missed that. Did find another version with several more verses toward the end - check it out below.

FUBeAR has heard a lot worse rap that these. Need to check out the others listed, but don’t think anything ever can top “Hot, Hot, Hot!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hbUzV8xCM
OMG!!

FUBeAR was wrong.

That C-A-T-S video is not only embarrassing for Montana State Football, Montana State University, and the state of Montana, it’s an f’in tragedy for white people everywhere … thus, wonderfully hilarious!

POD Knows
November 16th, 2022, 10:46 PM
OMG!!

FUBeAR was wrong.

That C-A-T-S video is not only embarrassing for Montana State Football, Montana State University, and the state of Montana, it’s an f’in tragedy for white people everywhere … thus, wonderfully hilarious!
The C A T S and Hot Hot Hot are far worse than the Furman rap deal. There is at least a little bit of clever lyrics in the Furman song. South Dakota State did a song called Jack Attack which is horrendously bad.

Didn’t there used to be a thread dedicated to this musical mishaps?

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2022, 09:44 AM
OMG!!

FUBeAR was wrong.

time capsule material

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 05:03 AM
Facts mane! xthumbsupx

grizband
November 19th, 2022, 12:23 PM
OMG!!

FUBeAR was wrong.

If you want another treat, look up "Blue Bobcat Cup," on YouTube. You can thank me later!

The C A T S and Hot Hot Hot are far worse than the Furman rap deal. There is at least a little bit of clever lyrics in the Furman song. South Dakota State did a song called Jack Attack which is horrendously bad.

Didn’t there used to be a thread dedicated to this musical mishaps?

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Do the right thing committee, Paladins resume better than NDSU xnodx

https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1594061263704834048

- - - Updated - - -

All day everyday facts is facts mane! xthumbsupx

https://twitter.com/FurmanPaladins/status/1594062863785664515

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 02:53 PM
Do the right thing committee, Paladins resume better than NDSU xnodx

https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1594061263704834048

- - - Updated - - -

All day everyday facts is facts mane! xthumbsupx

https://twitter.com/FurmanPaladins/status/1594062863785664515

If you have to politic for your position, you didn't do it on the field

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 04:07 PM
Zero Politics involved here, only FACTS, Paladins got the results to prove it!

The Politics will come into play when the committee screws over Furman while hooking up NDSU and their weak resume, again that's facts mane xnodx

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 04:48 PM

The Politics will come into play when the committee screws over Furman while hooking up NDSU and their weak resume, again that's facts mane xnodx

Says you.

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 04:50 PM

I'm glad to be in the playoffs. I don't care if we are seeded or not. You have to play the games on the field, and that is the real fact.

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 05:31 PM
I'm glad to be in the playoffs. I don't care if we are seeded or not. You have to play the games on the field, and that is the real fact.

You should care

NDSU will lose outside of the Fargo Dome, NDSU needs homefield more than anyone xnodx

NDSU in the playoffs the past 2 road playoff games --- 0-2

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 05:34 PM
You should care

NDSU will lose outside of the Fargo Dome, NDSU needs homefield more than anyone xnodx

I am really trying to care.........NOT.

Are you afraid Furman will lose without a seed?

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 06:12 PM
I am really trying to care.........NOT.

Are you afraid Furman will lose without a seed?

NDSU is proof that homefield matters, all those titles with ZERO road playoff wins to show during that stretch xnodx

dewey
November 19th, 2022, 06:22 PM
You should care

Wow. Great research. Guess what? The last 2 times NDSU has lost on the road in the playofffs they lost to a better team. All 9 of the FCS title have been on a neutral field.

NDSU's resume is pretty much the same as Furman.

Both have a FBS loss.
NDSU lost to #1 SDSU 23-21
NDSU has good wins against UND and Youngstown State
Furman lost top 5-10 Samford 34-27
Furman has 2 good wins (Chattanooga and Mercer)

NDSU will get a higher seed than Furman and it will be funny to watch y'all lose your mind.

Dewey

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 06:25 PM
NDSU is proof that homefield matters, all those titles with ZERO road playoff wins to show during that stretch xnodx

Frisco is a neutral field, 9-0.

Chalupa Batman
November 19th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Eastern Washington made the playoffs 5 times between 2012 and 2018, played every playoff game at HOME, but made it to Frisco only once. Home field helps, but you still have to play well.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2022, 06:40 PM

Frisco is on the road ya moron. 9-0

Now back to your pen.

dewey
November 19th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Eastern Washington made the playoffs 5 times between 2012 and 2018, played every playoff game at HOME, but made it to Frisco only once. Home field helps, but you still have to play well.

Dang it Chalupa! This is a thread that NDSU isn't good if they are on the road and those facts ruin that theory🤘

Nevermind the 9 neutral site games in Frisco (neutral against SHSU - 2 times and 2 times against JMU). Not so neutral against Towson.

Dewey

FUBeAR
November 19th, 2022, 06:48 PM
Frisco is on the road ya moron. 9-0

Now back to your pen.
Nah - neutral site

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2022, 06:51 PM
Nah - neutral site

Its not? Its a pretty good poke from Fargo ND.

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 07:26 PM
NDSU morons want ROAD credit for neutral title game, sorry does not work like that

ROAD games are games played at other teams stadium

NDSU 0-2 during title run stretch

Check and mate xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 07:28 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/gcTmzPIDem0e4jOcpc/200.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 07:29 PM
The only team between Furman and NDSU that lost to a losing team this season is the one playing in Fargo

Ladies and gents I give you 4-7 Arizona, the master of NDSU this season

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 07:31 PM
https://i.gifer.com/74Vt.gif

The Kicker
November 19th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Where will Furman travel week one of the playoffs?

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 07:51 PM
NDSU morons want ROAD credit for neutral title game, sorry does not work like that

Was Montana St a Neutral site?

Furman barely beat Chuck South. The only team we beat that beat Chuck South, we beat by 40.

Eventually a puppy quits whining, not sure about this FU fan.

Chalupa Batman
November 19th, 2022, 08:05 PM
Dang it Chalupa! This is a thread that NDSU isn't good if they are on the road and those facts ruin that theory落

Nevermind the 9 neutral site games in Frisco (neutral against SHSU - 2 times and 2 times against JMU). Not so neutral against Towson.

Dewey

You're right. How about how other teams haven't been as good at home as NDSU has been........

In the last 11 seasons, top 2 seeds have represented 14 of the 22 teams that made it to Frisco. NDSU made Frisco as a top 2 seed in 9 out of 10 tries, all other top 2 seeds made it to Frisco only 5 out of 12 tries. If playing at home is that beneficial, how come NDSU makes Frisco 90% of the time as a top 2 seed but the rest of the FCS only makes Frisco 42% of the time as a top 2 seed?

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Was Montana St a Neutral site?

Furman barely beat Chuck South. The only team we beat that beat Chuck South, we beat by 40.

Eventually a puppy quits whining, not sure about this FU fan.

Let me introduce you to a team you barely beat, the 2-9 Indiana State Sycamores

A powerhouse Sycamore team that barely beat 1-10 powerhouse North Alabama

We can play this game all night, your resume is below Furman's, that facts man! xthumbsupx

JacksFan40
November 19th, 2022, 08:08 PM

2010 was before the title stretch so that doesn’t count, and the other loss was the Spring season and they lost to eventual champion SHSU. If that season is played in the Fall and Trey Lance plays, the Bison wouldn’t of been on the road.

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Where will Furman travel week one of the playoffs?

That's the shame of it all

Everyone with half a brain or more knows that based off 2022 results NDSU should be on the outside of top 8 and Paladins should be Top 8

JacksFan40
November 19th, 2022, 08:09 PM

We can play this game all night, your resume is below Furman's, that facts man! xthumbsupx
The Trees would beat Charleston Southern.

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:10 PM
2010 was before the title stretch so that doesn’t count, and the other loss was the Spring season and they lost to eventual champion SHSU. If that season is played in the Fall and Trey Lance plays, the Bison wouldn’t of been on the road.

NDSU total road playoff wins during a championship season = 0

FACTS!

Playing at home is a huge advantage, nobody knows that more than NDSU of course.

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:13 PM
If NDSU ever goes on the road during playoffs again they will lose, its what they do under the pressure of a TRUE road playoff game

Probably why NDSU is scared to move up to FBS, its either that or the school is still just too broke to make it happen xnodx

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:14 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/YC1byC2ADRSi4/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952u1piyhp33pot9vozlrpe69cn73mnl jmxe1tu1p0d&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 08:15 PM

Why, I fine with where ever NDSU plays, win or lose. You just keep whining.

- - - Updated - - -

https://media4.giphy.com/media/YC1byC2ADRSi4/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952u1piyhp33pot9vozlrpe69cn73mnl jmxe1tu1p0d&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

The whining Paladins

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:15 PM
NDSU fate when they go on the road in the FCS playoffs

http://media.tumblr.com/c24bc9f4883adf232d221d8b5a0a8733/tumblr_inline_mgbgq14AGC1qe30b2.gif

FUGameBreaker
November 19th, 2022, 08:17 PM
Been fun guys, see yall in the Fargo dome, ill be the one wearing the purple NDSU SUXS shirt, come and find me xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 08:18 PM
Been fun guys, see yall in the Fargo dome, ill be the one wearing the purple NDSU SUXS shirt, come and find me xthumbsupx

Under the Whining Paladins banner

NDSU1980
November 19th, 2022, 08:26 PM
Reading through this thread I keep wondering, what's with all the sour grapes from the Furman guys? I mean really, just a bunch of whining. Do something on the field and be quiet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Reading through this thread I keep wondering, what's with all the sour grapes from the Furman guys? I mean really, just a bunch of whining. Do something on the field and be quiet.

Early exit for all of them.....xnodx

taper
November 19th, 2022, 09:00 PM
I can't wait for next Sat evening when Furman loses and the trolls disappear for another year.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2022, 09:01 PM
It's really just one Furman guy... look at the threads he's started and you'll find he kind of has a thing for NDSU.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?233716-This-will-be-only-NDSU-s-4th-OOC-road-FCS-game-in-the-past-9-seasons
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?232377-Hey-NDSU-how-about-a-home-and-home-series-with-Furman-in-2021-amp-2022
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?177667-LOL-NDSU-is-a-total-joke
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199925-Hey-MVFC-(other-than-NDSU)

The guy likes to troll and NDSU occupies rent free space in his head. I don't mind it really... it's entertaining to watch him shout into the wind.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2022, 09:06 PM
If NDSU ever goes on the road during playoffs again they will lose, its what they do under the pressure of a TRUE road playoff game

Probably why NDSU is scared to move up to FBS, its either that or the school is still just too broke to make it happen xnodx

You might want to ask Montana State on that one. xrolleyesx

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2022, 09:07 PM
It's really just one Furman guy... look at the threads he's started and you'll find he kind of has a thing for NDSU.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?233716-This-will-be-only-NDSU-s-4th-OOC-road-FCS-game-in-the-past-9-seasons
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?232377-Hey-NDSU-how-about-a-home-and-home-series-with-Furman-in-2021-amp-2022
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199925-Hey-MVFC-(other-than-NDSU)

The guy likes to troll and NDSU occupies rent free space in his head. I don't mind it really... it's entertaining to watch him shout into the wind.

Just another internet loser.

NDSU1980
November 19th, 2022, 09:13 PM

I guess someone had to replace Hooty after Kennesaw went down.

FUwolfpacker
November 19th, 2022, 09:13 PM
It's really just one Furman guy...

I think this should be the main takeaway from this thread. Maybe 2. I’m kind of surprised how many NDSU fans even acknowledged this silliness, and how many are making assumptions that ALL Furman fans feel this way. I guess that is standard procedure on a message board though. Just remember who to direct your venom at if/when the time comes.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2022, 09:20 PM
I think this should be the main takeaway from this thread. Maybe 2. I’m kind of surprised how many NDSU fans even acknowledged this silliness, and how many are making assumptions that ALL Furman fans feel this way. I guess that is standard procedure on a message board though. Just remember who to direct your venom at if/when the time comes.

Weve actually ignored him for sometime. And please we know hes just a dick and know not all Furman fans are like him.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2022, 09:22 PM

Its really just one guy trying to get his jollies.

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2022, 11:07 PM

FUBear thinks it's more than one Furman Fan .

Hammerhead
November 19th, 2022, 11:29 PM
If you take the average of the Sagarin and Massey rankings, NDSU would still be #4 and Furman would be at #13 and playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2022, 11:59 PM
NDSU probably wont win the natty, but there aren't 8 teams in the country better than them at the FCS level.