PDA

View Full Version : We Are Kelsey Goss

SuperJon
October 27th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I said all week at school that Homecoming was going to be great. Some people knew why, some didn't. Here's why:

Back in May, I made up a fake Facebook account for a girl. The girl's name was Kelsey Goss (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=612045950). I used a friend of mine's pictures and made up a complete profile. I had a complete back story for her and everything. She was graduating from Patrick Henry High School in Roanoke and was planning on going to Presby in the fall.

At the beginning of June, one of their players, Larry Thomas, started talking to her. That was the goal of the whole thing. We talked on a regular basis all the way up until yesterday. He thought she was coming to the game, put her on will-call, and everything. Little did he know, it was me behind the computer pulling a prank.

Some may remember this from last year when I punk'd Shelton Gaffney of Western Carolina. I only had four days to pull that off. I had five months to pull this off and did it up right. We had four banners hanging over the railing today at the game, along with a 14-ft banner that we held up during pregame. The great thing is, we taped everything. Right now I've only got two videos online, and those were from us doing prep work. I've got a crap load of footage from today that I plan on getting edited, hopefully by Monday night. For now though, these two videos will have to do.

Part 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPNKizkSITE)

Part 2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zmePBDPgPq0)

I also wanted to point out that the Presby players were a GREAT sport about this. We called Thomas at the end of the game telling him that we were just having fun, that it was just a prank, etc. He texted back saying "Thanks for what ya done. Appreciate the banner...y'all wild." That right there made me gain a ton of respect for the kid. I can now say I'm a Larry Thomas fan. Grayson Mullins also sent me a message saying he knew it was in fun and all of that. Those guys just remind me of a bunch of kids out playing football for the fun of it.

I hope you guys enjoy the videos, I'll get the rest on here as soon as possible. I'll also post pictures of it in this thread whenever I get them.

http://photos-171.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v136/233/3/55702171/n55702171_33383207_5274.jpg

http://photos-171.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v136/233/3/55702171/n55702171_33383211_6119.jpg

MaximumBobcat
October 27th, 2007, 11:26 PM
wow, hahaha thats funny.

LeopardFan04
October 27th, 2007, 11:46 PM
well done sir.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2007, 11:51 PM
what would Jesus do?

Appguy
October 27th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Ironic, this prank coming from liberty of all schools...

Is that females wearing pants in the crowd at liberty? isn't that not allowed there?

chattanoogamocs
October 28th, 2007, 03:08 AM
So did you get the idea from the Victoria prank last year...

http://rangelife.typepad.com/rangelife/2006/03/victoria_not_vi.html

bjtheflamesfan
October 28th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Pants have been allowed for girls for a while man...

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM
So did you get the idea from the Victoria prank last year...

http://rangelife.typepad.com/rangelife/2006/03/victoria_not_vi.html

Nah, I heard a few years back of Cal and UCLA doing it in a basketball game.

Last year it started as me just wanting some dirt on some players when I made the girl (girlfriend's names, stupid pictures, etc). This year, it was meant from the start to be like it was. I never picked the player though, he picked me.

Appguy
October 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Pants have been allowed for girls for a while man...
It was a joke but still -

http://www.liberty.edu/studentaffairs/index.cfm?PID=1378

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=7764

some of the worst -
6 Reprimands + $25 Fine
- Attendance at a dance
- Entering entryway of opposite sex on campus or allowing the same
- Possession and/or use of tobacco
- Unauthorized room change

12 Reprimands + $50 Fine
- Attendance at, possession or viewing of, an "R," "NC-17" or "X"-rated movie
- Deception (how is that enforced?)
- Entering the residence hallway of the opposite sex or allowing the same
- Students of the opposite sex visiting alone at an off-campus residence

18 Reprimands + $250 Fine
+ 18 hours Disciplinary Community Service
- Association with those consuming alcohol
- Entering a residence hall apartment or quad of the opposite sex or allowing the same
- Entering bedroom of the opposite sex on/off campus or allowing the same
- Failure to properly identify oneself
- Sexual harassment - (Why is this in the same level of offense as associating with alcohol consumers?)

30 Reprimands + $500 Fine

+ 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service + possible Administrative Withdrawal. NOTE: For each accumulation of six or more reprimands after 30, an additional $150 fine will be assessed.
- Spending the night with a person of the opposite sex (WOW)
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Refusal to submit to an Alco-Sensor test and/or drug test as specified by the administration
- Abortion (yes they went there)
- Immorality (how is that decided?)
- Involvement with witchcraft, séances or other occult activities

some others -

"Shorts are never acceptable in convocation or in classes (regardless of time)"

(for the pool)"Women are required to wear a one-piece suit that is in good taste."

CRAZY STUFF, CRAZY PEOPLE

blur2005
October 28th, 2007, 01:15 PM

some of the worst -
6 Reprimands + $25 Fine
- Attendance at a dance

12 Reprimands + $50 Fine

- Entering a residence hall apartment or quad of the opposite sex or allowing the same
- Sexual harassment - (Why is this in the same level of offense as associating with alcohol consumers?)

+ 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service + possible Administrative Withdrawal. NOTE: For each accumulation of six or more reprimands after 30, an additional $150 fine will be assessed.
- Refusal to submit to an Alco-Sensor test and/or drug test as specified by the administration

some others -

(for the pool)"Women are required to wear a one-piece suit that is in good taste."

xeyebrowx

Wow.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Dude, keep this thread from becoming another bash on Liberty thing. If you're an outsider, and you look at the rules, they seem crazy. To me, the rules are nothing. I have no problem with them. Ok, we have a dress code. Big deal. We're a Christian school, meaning most don't have a problem with that stuff. We have more fun at games in our student section than anywhere I've ever been to that allowed alcohol, etc. We do things the way college athletics should be. We have fun, we might pull a prank or two, but it's all in fun. The players leave knowing we were just having fun with them. We don't sit there and cuss them out the entire game or throw things at them. We're just a bunch of kids having fun out there.

blur2005
October 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM

some of the worst -
6 Reprimands + $25 Fine
- Attendance at a dance

12 Reprimands + $50 Fine

some others -

xeyebrowx

Wow.

On the thread's topic, well done on the prank. I love these kind of things, like the Yale students who fooled the Harvard crowd into holding up placards that formed "We Suck."

Appguy
October 28th, 2007, 01:35 PM
didn't know liberty had been bashed on here before.
doesn't this prank go under Deception and Immorality? it may seem like fun from your end but you could really be messing with this guys feelings, ive read about people get killed over non existent people over the net.
Thats like $700, 42 reprimands

also - that Yale prank was the best ive ever seen

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2007, 01:38 PM

some of the worst -
6 Reprimands + $25 Fine
- Attendance at a dance

12 Reprimands + $50 Fine

some others -

I would defintily be kicked out of Liberty by noon on the first day.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
didn't know liberty had been bashed on here before.
doesn't this prank go under Deception and Immorality? it may seem like fun from your end but you could really be messing with this guys feelings, ive read about people get killed over non existent people over the net.
Thats like $700, 42 reprimands

also - that Yale prank was the best ive ever seen

Deception is considered towards people of authority (deans, professors, RAs, etc) and immorality, well, I don't know.

Things between the two never got "hot" really. They just talked as friends and acted like they wanted to get to know each other, etc. The kid knows it was a joke.

joecooll6
October 28th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Whats attendance at a dance mean?

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Going to a club.

Yet another thread that people outside of Liberty have to turn into making fun of Liberty. Go figure.

blur2005
October 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Going to a club.

Yet another thread that people outside of Liberty have to turn into making fun of Liberty. Go figure.
Well, consider those rules versus reality and it's obvious why this always happens.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM
No, it's not. This had nothing to do with the rules at Liberty or Liberty as a school. This was about a prank that we pulled off during a football game, and some douchebag from App had to bring it back to the rules. If you want to talk about Liberty's rules and how you couldn't hack it at Liberty, then fine, make a thread, but that's not what this was about.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2007, 07:32 PM
No, it's not. This had nothing to do with the rules at Liberty or Liberty as a school. This was about a prank that we pulled off during a football game, and some douchebag from App had to bring it back to the rules. If you want to talk about Liberty's rules and how you couldn't hack it at Liberty, then fine, make a thread, but that's not what this was about.

Thats gotta be 6 reprimands right there. It has nothing to do with "not being able to hack it" as the rules are realted to a personal belief system. If you dont believe in such things, why go out of your way to follow and be miserable? Also I understand you get defensive when people are attacking your beliefs, but we also still reserve the right to laugh at you beacause it so foriegn to us.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I never said you couldn't laugh at Liberty. Go for it. We all make fun of Liberty all the time. Just make a separate thread for it. That's been my point the entire time.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Getting back on topic, here's the video of it all going down:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZmYgYBu8BT0

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I've created an entire page for We Are Kelsey Goss on the Life of a LUnatic site.

We Are Kelsey Goss (http://www.lifeofalunatic.com/kelseygoss.html)

JohnStOnge
October 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Well, I'll go ahead and say I don't think you should've done that. Just my opinion.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Well, I'll go ahead and say I don't think you should've done that. Just my opinion.

Ya I agree, it was an invasion of privacy. The poor kid was chatting with a girl ( or so he thought) and to publish on the net and at the stadium is unessary.

JohnStOnge
October 28th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Ya I agree, it was an invasion of privacy. The poor kid was chatting with a girl ( or so he thought) and to publish on the net and at the stadium is unessary.

Yes. I do not believe in deceiving people. Bottom line is that what was done was dishonest and violated the "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" rule.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Wow. Just wow.

The players can laugh at a prank but you guys can't.

I think it's easy to call "generation gap" on this one.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Im 27 -- Id rather have somebody call my mom or sister a name than do this. I'm just saying if I got this prank pulled on me and strangers were calling my cell phone, I would be very upset--surpised the kid didnt get pissed.

DOME
October 28th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I think thats pretty funny. He probably has to get a new phone number now which sucks but its still funny.

Appstate29
October 28th, 2007, 09:35 PM
good thing he didn't show up at your door with a 6 pack of beer and some condoms!

SuperJon
October 28th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I live off-campus in a neighborhood with no one from Liberty. I can pretty much do whatever I want, I just choose not to.

spelunker64
October 28th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I think it's great and very funny. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Look this is clever and funny but that does not mean that you didn't violate a principle of common decency here. Sometimes cruel things have funny as their intent. You can't tell me that you didn't question yourself as to what you were doing to this guy and the grief that it would cause him. If that is his cell phone number that you published to the entire world and it were me I would laugh it off kinda as well but once I had to change my phone # and go through a bunch of bull**** because of the prank then I would spend a good deal of time in the effort of getting some payback on your azz. I think you are absolutely correct on the "generation gap" point however as it seems there is much less courtesy and common decency towards others in the past ten years or so. Again I think it was kinda funny and as long as you can withstand the retribution that may come from it then more power to ya.

JayJ79
October 28th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Making the sign with the phone number like that is definitely in bad taste

Appguy
October 29th, 2007, 01:06 AM
no gap in generation, im 22. I figured I wasn't the only one who thought this didn't seem right. I see now that we've resorted to name calling ill just stop posting in this thread now.

SuperJon
October 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM
He gave the number unsolicited. I never once asked him for his phone number.

th0m
October 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM
xeyebrowx

Wow.

On the thread's topic, well done on the prank. I love these kind of things, like the Yale students who fooled the Harvard crowd into holding up placards that formed "We Suck."

Wasn't that MIT performing the "We Suck" placard stunt? Those Engineers are well-known for their pranks.

ATrain
October 29th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Seriously, the prank was great...and lets be honest, if anyone wants to find anyone's phone number, chances are its already on Facebook, MySpace, 411.com or a host of other sites. In this day and age, info on anyone is not hard to find...welcome to the 21st Century.

terrierbob
October 29th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Dude, keep this thread from becoming another bash on Liberty thing. If you're an outsider, and you look at the rules, they seem crazy. To me, the rules are nothing. I have no problem with them. Ok, we have a dress code. Big deal. We're a Christian school, meaning most don't have a problem with that stuff. We have more fun at games in our student section than anywhere I've ever been to that allowed alcohol, etc. We do things the way college athletics should be. We have fun, we might pull a prank or two, but it's all in fun. The players leave knowing we were just having fun with them. We don't sit there and cuss them out the entire game or throw things at them. We're just a bunch of kids having fun out there.

I agree. I'm as far from a fundamentalist as possible. but students choose to attend Liberty for a reason, and I'm sure most understand the ground rules.

CCU97
October 29th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Jon,

The prank was great....recommendation of blacking out his number when you post it on YouTube and elsewhere though....It was ok to do that during the game but some people will go overboard and call this kid relentlessly. I know that was not the intent but that is what will happen.

SuperJon
October 29th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I don't have the equipment to do that type of stuff. I just hope people can show some maturity.

TheKDL
October 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I just hope people can show some maturity.
coming from someone calling a guy a d-bag and pulling immoral pranks on people, are you sure your not the one who needs maturity?

appstate38
October 29th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well Super J
I thought it was funny. But that is because I have a sense of humor. If the shoe had been on the other foot and been done by a University other than Liberty, there wouldn't be anything close to the amount grief being given. People need to lighten up... just a little bit.

mcveyrl
October 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM
This is something that I would've thought was great when I was in school, but don't think it's that great now. I don't think it's immoral, I just sort of winced when I saw it.

The prank was funny, for sure, but I'm not sure about the whole phone number thing (didn't Tom Green do that to his sidekick once?). Generally cell phone numbers are a lot harder to get ahold of than regular listed numbers, so it's a bigger invasion of privacy then publicizing an unlisted number.

As far as the "baiting" on Facebook, as long as this guy wasn't getting too serious I don't have a problem with it. It would've been hilarious though if he would've shown up with some beer and condomns "To Catch a Predator" style!!

And usually the judge of whether something is in bad taste ought to be the one on whom the prank is pulled. So if the player was alright with it, then I've got no bone to pick. Let's just see how "alright" he is when everybody who looks at the You Tube video calls him up to say..."Hello? Yea, this is Kelsey Goss." He should probably change his number.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2007, 03:27 PM
This is something that I would've thought was great when I was in school, but don't think it's that great now. I don't think it's immoral, I just sort of winced when I saw it.

The prank was funny, for sure, but I'm not sure about the whole phone number thing (didn't Tom Green do that to his sidekick once?). Generally cell phone numbers are a lot harder to get ahold of than regular listed numbers, so it's a bigger invasion of privacy then publicizing an unlisted number.

As far as the "baiting" on Facebook, as long as this guy wasn't getting too serious I don't have a problem with it. It would've been hilarious though if he would've shown up with some beer and condomns "To Catch a Predator" style!!

And usually the judge of whether something is in bad taste ought to be the one on whom the prank is pulled. So if the player was alright with it, then I've got no bone to pick. Let's just see how "alright" he is when everybody who looks at the You Tube video calls him up to say..."Hello? Yea, this is Kelsey Goss." He should probably change his number.

Good Point--I can say if someone did this to me I would explode, then again I think I do have a bit of an anger management problem.

DOME
October 29th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I facebook poke the other team's quarterbacks on a regular basis. Is that wrong?

joecooll6
October 29th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I have respect for Liberty. I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever consider going to a school like that. But, I respect them for sticking with their beliefs.

mcveyrl
October 29th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I facebook poke the other team's quarterbacks on a regular basis. Is that wrong?

I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty dirty.:o :o

lizrdgizrd
October 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I don't have the equipment to do that type of stuff. I just hope people can show some maturity.
Have you been on the internet? xconfusedx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Go...gate
October 29th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Very refreshing contrast from what I saw live at the Rutgers-Navy game.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 29th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Seems like an awful lot of effort for a mildly amusing joke. xconfusedx

SuperJon
October 29th, 2007, 06:01 PM
If you watch the first video, I explain that I didn't go out of my way to pick this guy. He started talking to the girl randomly and she just talked back. Nothing was ever really serious, just friends getting to know each other. Quite frankly, from his Facebook profile, I think he has a girlfriend so he was never interested in her romantically. None of the PC fans I've talked to had a problem with it, all of the Liberty fans laughed at it, and most people realize it's just kids being kids. Most people don't understand the way the crowd at Liberty games is. We're as big and as loud as any other school, averaging over capacity attendance this year and putting 6-7000 students right behind the opposing team's bench. We give you crap for boneheaded plays, etc, but after the game, we realize we're all the same age and we're all just out there to have fun. Most schools can't separate the two.

terrierbob
October 29th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty dirty.:o :o

I had a girlfriend in my freshman year at Wofford that would only Facebook poke. Better than nothing.

joecooll6
October 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I had a girlfriend in my freshman year at Wofford that would only Facebook poke. Better than nothing.

Not really

SuperJon
October 30th, 2007, 06:58 AM
No one knows what the Facebook poke is.