PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Attendance

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2022, 03:29 PM
10,370 sullen fans at Franklin Field saw Harvard dominate, abuse, and pound Penn, 37-14.

SFA 93
November 12th, 2022, 08:54 PM
7,456 in the Nac for SFA and UCA (Senior Day)

The Cats
November 12th, 2022, 09:37 PM
SoCon home game attendance on 11-12-22

11,729 - Mercer
7,938 - The Citadel
7,244 - ETSU
7,128 - Chattanooga
3,905 - Wofford

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2022, 07:10 AM
CARTY MANAGED TA STUN...16,534.....IN NEW-ARK......xpissedx.......AWK!

KPSUL
November 13th, 2022, 07:26 AM
CARTY MANAGED TA STUN...16,534.....IN NEW-ARK......xpissedx.......AWK!

The beginning of the end of Ryan Carty's honeymoon with the Delaware fans. BRAWK! RAWKO!

GannonFan
November 13th, 2022, 07:43 AM
The beginning of the end of Ryan Carty's honeymoon with the Delaware fans. BRAWK! RAWKO!

Nah, there's a tiny group of insider Hens fans who hate Keeler with a passion and will never like Carty as a result. For the vast majority of the rest of us, he's the best coach we've had since Keeler got the boot. He'll be just fine as long as he beats nova next week and gets into the playoffs.

dewey
November 13th, 2022, 08:06 AM
Per the Southern Illinois website there were 4575 people in attendance for a slugfest between NDSU and SIU.

Dewey

katss07
November 13th, 2022, 08:17 AM
7592 at Bowers yesterday against for ACU’s 45-28 win over SHSU. Certainly looked like more than that to me, but regardless the attendance wanes as the weather gets colder down here.

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2022, 02:57 PM
Harvard-Penn was the Ivy attendance leader for the week (see above).

Only 7,500 at the Bowl saw Yale end Princeton’s unbeaten status. Horrible turnout for the #2 rivalry in Ivy football.
2,350 in Providence for Columbia-Brown. (2,900 showed up at my local school, Salisbury University, for D-III showdown with Christopher Newport)
4,212 in Ithaca for Dartmouth-Cornell.

UNHWildcat18
November 13th, 2022, 03:15 PM
8045 to see UNH beat URI this week at home

Season attendance 10,758 for the year. UNH lost tens of thousands of dollars of ticket sales with the changes to tailgating rules this year. I think next season the administration will correct their mistake.

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2022, 03:29 PM
Harvard-Penn was the Ivy attendance leader for the week (see above).

Only 7,500 at the Bowl saw Yale end Princeton’s unbeaten status. Horrible turnout for the #2 rivalry in Ivy football.
2,350 in Providence for Columbia-Brown. (2,900 showed up at my local school, Salisbury University, for D-III showdown with Christopher Newport)
4,212 in Ithaca for Dartmouth-Cornell.

If when Schoellkopf Field eventually falls victim to the same wrecking ball currently aimed at Hoy Field, how small a stadium does Cornell build given its current attendance?

https://www.ithaca.com/news/ithaca/move-over-baseball-the-future-of-cornell-is-cis/article_c422aeea-1341-11ed-b99e-4fcd6b6ae0b9.html

ngineer
November 13th, 2022, 09:40 PM
I would estimate 3,500 for Colgate-Lehigh game at Goodman. Beautiful day for football, a scintillating ending, and hardly anyone there....

Tribe4SF
November 14th, 2022, 07:25 AM
10,280 for W&M against Villanova. Season average over 10K for the first time in a while.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 14th, 2022, 08:27 AM

Season attendance 10,758 for the year. UNH lost tens of thousands of dollars of ticket sales with the changes to tailgating rules this year. I think next season the administration will correct their mistake.

What changed with tailgating rules, I know you have to have game tickets in hand to get into the tailgating area which is something I wish Maine adopted especially for Homecoming.

crusader11
November 14th, 2022, 10:24 AM

Could you expound on this?

Tailgating has been an issue discussed around HC football for many years. Curious what rules UNH has instilled.

crusader11
November 14th, 2022, 10:26 AM
9,217 at Fitton for HC - Bryant on Saturday.

Not including the Polar Park game, HC averaged 12,957 in four home games this season. Has to be the highest average attendance since the early 90s.

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2022, 10:30 AM
If when Schoellkopf Field eventually falls victim to the same wrecking ball currently aimed at Hoy Field, how small a stadium does Cornell build given its current attendance?

https://www.ithaca.com/news/ithaca/move-over-baseball-the-future-of-cornell-is-cis/article_c422aeea-1341-11ed-b99e-4fcd6b6ae0b9.html

Why even build one?

Trends are not looking good and soon enough all of these college stadiums will be relics of the past

JacksFan40
November 14th, 2022, 10:34 AM
8,160 at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium to watch SDSU dominate the Redbirds 31-7. Lowest attendance of the year by far, but not surprising considering it was freezing out, and most fans assumed it'd be a blowout. I often wonder if we'd of been better off building a state of the art indoor stadium instead, might've made late season attendance better. Don't expect an increase for the playoffs either, I'd be surprised if we get to 10k at any point in the playoffs.

UNHWildcat18
November 14th, 2022, 11:25 AM
What changed with tailgating rules, I know you have to have game tickets in hand to get into the tailgating area which is something I wish Maine adopted especially for Homecoming.

So turns out our UNH's breakfast style president Jimmy Dean was mad about tailgating last year from probably some drunk students at boulder and trash left in the lot........

So this year they made some changes to the tailgating.

1. No alcohol in A lot. Terrible decision as A lot is usually where more calmer parents and fans want to have a burger and a beer away from the rowdiness of boulder field.
2. Tailgating starts with an hour less before the game than normal. I believe that enough of us bitched that they read the board and changed it back to normal 4hr before game and 5 for homecoming
3. No changes to preferred, priority, victory club lots I believe
4. Created a new moiles lot tailgate, its a small parking lot at the horse farm just before you get to boulder. They made this the area students could buy passes and park to drink at for any game.
5. This is the big one, Boulder field they did not allow parking pass to be sold to anyone other than season ticket holders......... It was an absolutely ridiculous decision and at the end of the season they changed it and allowed extra to be sold in the lot. So many UNH fans can only make/tailgate a game or two and many I know didn't come this season due to this. I think between that and having that game vs monmouth on a thursday we probably lost about 3-9k ticket sales I'd imagine. Usually homecoming sells around 17-22k tickets, this year it was 13k.

Now I know the people might say "not that many people went to the game" outside of that its the simple fact that we sold a few thousand less and tickets at 25 dollars a pop, say we might have sold an extra 5k between all of the games...... thats 125k lost

Sitting Bull
November 15th, 2022, 04:43 AM
So turns out our UNH's breakfast style president Jimmy Dean was mad about tailgating last year from probably some drunk students at boulder and trash left in the lot........

So this year they made some changes to the tailgating.

1. No alcohol in A lot. Terrible decision as A lot is usually where more calmer parents and fans want to have a burger and a beer away from the rowdiness of boulder field.
2. Tailgating starts with an hour less before the game than normal. I believe that enough of us bitched that they read the board and changed it back to normal 4hr before game and 5 for homecoming
3. No changes to preferred, priority, victory club lots I believe
4. Created a new moiles lot tailgate, its a small parking lot at the horse farm just before you get to boulder. They made this the area students could buy passes and park to drink at for any game.
5. This is the big one, Boulder field they did not allow parking pass to be sold to anyone other than season ticket holders......... It was an absolutely ridiculous decision and at the end of the season they changed it and allowed extra to be sold in the lot. So many UNH fans can only make/tailgate a game or two and many I know didn't come this season due to this. I think between that and having that game vs monmouth on a thursday we probably lost about 3-9k ticket sales I'd imagine. Usually homecoming sells around 17-22k tickets, this year it was 13k.

Now I know the people might say "not that many people went to the game" outside of that its the simple fact that we sold a few thousand less and tickets at 25 dollars a pop, say we might have sold an extra 5k between all of the games...... thats 125k lost

The way I understood was UNH would sell tailgate tickets and count all of them as game attendance? How else can you announce 21,000 in a stadium that holds 12,000.

It seems more accurate today as recording game attendance.

UNHWildcat18
November 15th, 2022, 05:55 AM
The way I understood was UNH would sell tailgate tickets and count all of them as game attendance? How else can you announce 21,000 in a stadium that holds 12,000.

It seems more accurate today as recording game attendance.

Yes UNH does not distinguish between ticket sales and inside stadium attendance. Which I know some people complain about. However I don't blame the university in the slightest. Tickets sold in total sounds a lot better and its not the like FCS schools get loads of support as it is.

I can say one thing though, there must have been 10k in there for the Elon game, was hardly any seats around besides the victory suite area on the second floor.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 15th, 2022, 06:02 AM

I hope you're right but I wouldn't bet on it