PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 SOUTHLAND Conference Pick ‘em

McCowboys
November 7th, 2022, 06:51 AM
Week 11 SOUTHLAND Conference Pick ‘em

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners. I hope to have a poll, but if not, just copy and paste and bold your selections.

Seven SLC teams are in action in week #11, three contests are conference matchups. UIW is open this week.
The Demons of Northwestern State remain atop the SLC standings with a 4-0 record after easily disposing of TAMUC. Idle UIW and SLU both have one conference loss each.
Lamar was trying to make it two in a row, but faltered down the stretch against the Southeastern Louisiana Lions and now step out of conference at WAC member New Mexico State.
The biggest SLU contest this week will be in the state of Louisiana in Hammond. The Once-beaten in conference SLU Lions host the unbeaten in conference NSU Demons.
TAMUC and Nicholls (both with two conference losses) meet up in Thibodaux. Anything is likely to happen with bayou voodoo.
McNeese, after securing its first FCS victory, plays its earliest contest of the year (only the 3 PM start at Nicholls was earlier) in a matchup of struggling teams in Houston at HCU.
Here are the matchups for this week.

McNeese at HCU 11/12/2022 2:00 PM
Lamar at New Mexico State 11/12/2022 3:00 PM
Texas A&M - Commerce at Nicholls 11/12/2022 3:00 PM
Northwestern State at Southeastern 11/12/2022 4:00 PM

lionsrking2
November 7th, 2022, 07:10 AM
Demons vs Lions is a 4:00 PM kickoff

McCowboys
November 7th, 2022, 07:17 AM
Demons vs Lions is a 4:00 PM kickoff

Fixed, but the Southland website still shows it as 6 PM.

lionsrking2
November 7th, 2022, 07:36 AM
Fixed, but the Southland website still shows it as 6 PM.
Of course they do, it’s the Southland Conference.

McCowboys
November 13th, 2022, 07:09 PM
kdinva, McNeese72, and I were perfect this week. Sorry TAMUC fans, but I told you crazy things happen on the bayou.

Big games this week with a rivalry game between SLU and Nicholls that could impact conference standings depending on the outcome and a no love lost affair between Lamar and McNeese.
Though not a rivalry game, the UIW at NSU game will also be a game to keep an eye on.

Want to know something crazy? According to Sagarin, McNeese is #3 in the SLC - not by much and still far below the top 2 UIW and SLU: https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/college-football-fcs-team-ratings-2022-23/

McNeese72
November 13th, 2022, 07:42 PM
Went 4-0 this week, so I am now at 43-21 for the season.

Doc

lionsrking2
November 13th, 2022, 08:48 PM
Want to know something crazy? According to Sagarin, McNeese is #3 in the SLC - not by much and still far below the top 2 UIW and SLU: https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/college-football-fcs-team-ratings-2022-23/
We haven’t played Nicholls yet but of the teams we’ve played to date, I would agree with that. Furthermore, I think McNeese is more talented than Jacksonville State, or at least better in the trenches on offense. Of course football is more about matchups than anything, that’s partly why you get surprising scores week to week.

McCowboys
November 14th, 2022, 06:44 AM
We haven’t played Nicholls yet but of the teams we’ve played to date, I would agree with that. Furthermore, I think McNeese is more talented than Jacksonville State, or at least better in the trenches on offense. Of course football is more about matchups than anything, that’s partly why you get surprising scores week to week.

I think, also, that our strength of schedule has something to do with it by our playing Rice and Montana State. Our O-line has certainly improved over the course of the season and our line was always supposed to be on of the strengths.
McNeese fans are doing a lot of "what ifs" because of who the coaching staff decided to play or not play at quarterback. This is something they had better get straight and soon going forward.