PDA

View Full Version : U San Diego and the Playoffs (not another USD thread I KNOW)

Stang Fever
October 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM
but this is not smack but just a question, and I believe away to end the whole smack and discussion about USD and the playoffs.

I was just reading a column on the sports network and in that column I was able to determine that USD can get into the playoffs because they will be playing in a post season bowl game.

" Any of the other conferences can have a team selected as an at-large team, as long as it is not participating in another postseason event, such as the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game or the Gridiron Classic that is played between the top teams of the Northeast Conference and the Pioneer Football League."

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Good try, and we appreciate the effort, but USD would forego the Gridiron if they got a playoff bid.

Stang Fever
October 26th, 2007, 11:21 AM
My question is can they choose between the two, or have they already committed to it, given the fact that both conferences have decided on sending there top team ot the Gridiron classic.

I am starting to look past the weak schedule and see that USD is really good and should be in the running for the LAST bid.

" If you like to compare scores, San Diego thumped Northern Colorado 49-7, while Montana beat the Bears 52-7. Food for thought. The Toreros also beat a Drake team 59-19 that had beaten then-seventh-ranked Illinois State. Northern Iowa beat Drake 45-7."

I for one usually don't go with the Team A beat Team B. and Team C beat Team A so of course they can Beat TEAM B. But i think you have to take notice that they do what the other top teams do to these same sorry teams. and that is BLOW THEM OUT.

If they would have been really close games, then thats another story.

aceinthehole
October 26th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I don't know if USD have the resume for the playoffs (I don't want to debate that issue), but the NEC and PFL has an agreement in place to send their runner up to the GIC if the conference champion is selected for an at-large bid.

UMass922
October 26th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I am starting to look past the weak schedule

I'm not.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2007, 11:28 AM
This came up last year and the PFL/Patty V were all over it saying the NCAA Division I playoffs come first -- no questions to be asked...

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 11:30 AM
USD is really good and should be in the running for the LAST bid.
They are in the running for a bid, but it's a longshot.

DetroitFlyer
October 26th, 2007, 11:31 AM
The arrangement for both the NEC and the PFL is that if either, (or both), of their champions receive a bid to the playoffs, the second place team will represent the conference in the game.

This year the game is at the PFL team's site.

So, IF USD knocks off Dayton this weekend, and finishes 11-0, and is invited to the playoffs, ( seems likely ), then second place in the PFL becomes very important for the GIC!

Currently, Dayton and MSU are tied for second at 3-1. I suppose that MSU hold the tiebreaker as they defeated the Flyers. But, MSU's last two PFL games are against USD and Drake. Dayton finishes up against Butler and Drake. Drake is still in the hunt as well as they finish up against MSU and Dayton....

So, it is possible that the GIC could be in Ohio, Kentucky or Iowa this year!

DetroitFlyer
October 26th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Of course once my Flyers dispense with USD this weekend, and Butler and Drake to finish at 10-1, ( 8-1 FCS ), I suppose that we will receive that bid, and the GIC just might still be in San Diego!xthumbsupx

McTailGator
October 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM
but this is not smack but just a question, and I believe away to end the whole smack and discussion about USD and the playoffs.

I was just reading a column on the sports network and in that column I was able to determine that USD can get into the playoffs because they will be playing in a post season bowl game.

" Any of the other conferences can have a team selected as an at-large team, as long as it is not participating in another postseason event, such as the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game or the Gridiron Classic that is played between the top teams of the Northeast Conference and the Pioneer Football League."

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When USD loads their schedule and WIN's agains Top 16 type of playoff teams, then we can dig this topic up in the future, but until then, can we please close this casket lid once and for all? >xnonono2x

xdeadhorsex

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
October 26th, 2007, 11:45 AM
One thing I don't like is people make judgments about USD without EVER SEEING THEM PLAY...you can't just look at a score or statistics and completely know if a team is a good team or not. I've been to every USD home game this year, not because I'm a fan but because i like to watch football and I attend USD for my law degree. I can honestly say by watching them play IN PERSON they are a talented team. Those of you who are USD haters who live halfway across the country are making these generalizations when all you see is that they don't offer scholarships and they play an "easy schedule."

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Those of you who are USD haters who live halfway across the country are making these generalizations when all you see is that they don't offer scholarships and they play an "easy schedule."
You should see me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stang Fever
October 26th, 2007, 11:48 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When USD loads their schedule and WIN's agains Top 16 type of playoff teams, then we can dig this topic up in the future, but until then, can we please close this casket lid once and for all? >xnonono2x

xdeadhorsex

You took it to smack. I asked a question based on something I read, and wanted to get an answer on it. FOR DISCUSSION as the thread is suppose to be about. Trust me I for one love taking my quick shots at USD when fit.

Khan4Cats
October 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM
They are in the running for a bid, but it's a longshot.

I agree, the longshot would be something like:

A) Nicholls State drops two of tehir remaining games making the Southland a 1-bid league

B) EWU and NAU both lose once more, while Montana State loses twice more, making the Big Sky a 1-bid league.

C) Youngstwon State, Western Illinois, and Illinois State all lose one more game, leaving only 2 Gateway teams.

D) No more than 5 CAA teams end up 8-3 or better.

E) The committee decides not to take extra OVC teams.

Then, San Diego may have a chance. It's possible, especially if the committee wants to balance East and West or a sudden drumbeat of people wanting to see Josh Johnson on a bigger stage (ESPN). But I see ESPN wanting a DSU-UD match-up more right now.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
October 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM
You should see me kick my kids arses in the backyard... I look like Joe Montana, Walter Payton and Brian Urlacher all rolled into one. xnodx

Well that's at home...if it was on the road i'd give ya more credit

Stang Fever
October 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I am just so curious to see how good they are. I am so upset that they didn't play better teams. It's really frustrating. On one hand I want to say USD does not deserve to be in the playoffs, then on the other hand i recognize that they run through these teams. Which says one of two things
1) USD is a serious team, that could do the same thing against any team in FCS

or
2) They are with out a doubt hands down better then anyteam they face, but there skill would not show up playing top 25 team talent.

Me i believe its the first.

blur2005
October 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Why are we bringing this up AGAIN? If San Diego were to miraculously xoopsx xrotatehx xrolleyesx receive a bid to the playoffs, the Toreros would definitely accept it rather than play in the Gridiron Bowl.

bluehenbillk
October 26th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I think we'd see 5 CAA teams or 2 MEAC teams before we'd see San Diego.

blur2005
October 26th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I think we'd see 5 CAA teams or 2 MEAC teams before we'd see San Diego.
Agreed. Five CAA teams is looking more and more likely in my opinion, which would certainly spell defeat for a San Diego bid...not that they would get one anyway.

WVAPPmountaineer
October 26th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I have not seen SD play but any team in any division that goes undefeated is a good team - Period! - However to get an at large bid you have to play some quality teams outside your conference. Take a look at Gardner-Webb - they know a Big South team has to play and beat someone OOC - they play 2 FBS games (Miss State and Ohio U both about 2-3 TD games) plus games at App State and Wofford - I have heard but not verified that SD had several opportunities to schedule OCC games against some of the better teams in FSC and chose not to - That's my problem with them getting an at-large bid

Khan4Cats
October 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Agreed. Five CAA teams is looking more and more likely in my opinion, which would certainly spell defeat for a San Diego bid...not that they would get one anyway.

5 might get in, but really only if there is lack of teams from the Big Sky or Southland.

Right now I think it will be 4 CAA, 3 SoCon, 2 each from GFC, BSC, SLC, and 1 each from PL, OVC, and MEAC.

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
3 SoCon
Will be very interesting to see how the SoCon pans out...

Wofford 5-2
AppSt 5-2
Elon 5-2
El Cid 5-2
GSU 5-2

El Cid vs. GSU
El Cid vs. AppSt
El Cid vs. Elon
Wofford vs. GSU

Not to mention FU still gets to try to be spoiler to AppSt, Elon and GSU. xeyebrowx

BisonBacker
October 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
You should see me kick my kids arses in the backyard... I look like Joe Montana, Walter Payton and Brian Urlacher all rolled into one. xnodx

That's golden and = Rep Points for you xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UAalum72
October 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM
This thread started because someone read Coulson's column,
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm
in which he essentially wrote that the NEC and PFL took themselves out of playoff consideration because of the 'Gridiron Classic'. He also made sure to mention for both of them that they had never received and at-large bid in the past (as if that applies to the present). If he thinks that's relevant, then in his discussion of at-large bids for the OVC and MEAC he should mention how long it's been since they have won a playoff game.

McTailGator
October 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
One thing I don't like is people make judgments about USD without EVER SEEING THEM PLAY...you can't just look at a score or statistics and completely know if a team is a good team or not. I've been to every USD home game this year, not because I'm a fan but because i like to watch football and I attend USD for my law degree. I can honestly say by watching them play IN PERSON they are a talented team. Those of you who are USD haters who live halfway across the country are making these generalizations when all you see is that they don't offer scholarships and they play an "easy schedule."

We can't watch them play if they don't go out and schedule, the Montana's, McNeese's, UMass's, UNI's, App. States, Delaware's, and Youngstowns of the world during the regular season.

When they do that, and win a few, than they deserve a seat at the table.

McTailGator
October 26th, 2007, 03:29 PM
You took it to smack. I asked a question based on something I read, and wanted to get an answer on it. FOR DISCUSSION as the thread is suppose to be about. Trust me I for one love taking my quick shots at USD when fit.

It's NOT smack.

THat is honestly the way I feel even if it hurts someones wittle feelings.

We have high school teams here in the Houston area that could beat 50% of the teams on their schedule. AND THEY DON'T DESERVE A SHOT EITHER.

UAalum72
October 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM
It's NOT smack.

You may feel that way, but it IS smack, because it's not true. They play no club teams, and

Simply stated, THEY ARE DIVISION I.

Torero Tradition
October 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
We can't watch them play if they don't go out and schedule, the Montana's, McNeese's, UMass's, UNI's, App. States, Delaware's, and Youngstowns of the world during the regular season.

When they do that, and win a few, than they deserve a seat at the table. Until then. It's a club sport...

They scheduled Yale the last two years prior to this year and won both. They scheduled UC-Davis last year and this year. They added a Big Sky Conference team this year. Yale seems to be getting quite a bit of notice this year...

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2007, 05:51 PM
It's NOT smack.
We have high school teams here in the Houston area that could beat 50% of the teams on their schedule. AND THEY DON'T DESERVE A SHOT EITHER.Oh SHADDAP ALREADY. Take that to the smack board. You're like a broken smack record.
==============================

U San Diego? First time I've seen it that way. USD is more proper, no?

Torero Tradition
October 26th, 2007, 05:56 PM
USD has now won 34 of their last 36 games (.944 winning percentage)... Between the 2005-2006 campaigns USD strung together a school record 18-game winning streak... With their home win over Jacksonville last Saturday, the Toreros have now won 23 straight at Torero Stadium... Additionally, heading into this week's PFL game against the Dayton Flyers, USD has won 19 straight regular-season PFL games

As a team the USD Toreros rank in seventeen top-25 team statistical categories for NCAA FCS statistics...
USD is #1 in five areas
scoring (49.57 ppg),
total offense (499.14),
passing efficiency (219.13 rating),
kickoff returns (31.67 yards per return)
and passed had intercepted (just 1)

... They also are t-2nd in turnovers lost (6),
t-3rd in pass sacks (3.43 per game),
3rd in turnover margin (+1.86),
5th in offensive 3rd down efficiency (51.5%),
t-7th in tackles-for-loss (4.00),
8th in passing offense (300.1 yards per game),
t-9th in sacks allowed (0.86),
t-12th in turnovers gained (19),
t-19th in passes intercepted (11),
t-20th in offensive 4th down efficiency (63.6%),
t-25th in scoring defense (20.0)
and 25th in kickoff return yardage defense (18.8.

Six USD Toreros currently rank individually in a total of 18 different statistics. Senior QB Josh Johnson is 1st in total offense (382,, 1st in pass efficiency (225.4 rating), 1st in points responsible for (30.0), 5th in passing yards per game (308.67), 11th in total passing yards (1,852 in 6 games), and 15th in passing (20.67 completions per game); senior DE Eric Bakhtiari is 1st in QB sacks (1.93; 13.5 total), 2nd in tackles for loss (2.29), and t-8th in forced fumbles (0.43); senior WR Wes Doyle is t-11th in receptions per game (7.0), t-13th in scoring (9.43 ppg), 14th in receiving yards per game (90.86), and 14th in total receiving yards (636); junior RB JT Rogan is t-7th in scoring (10.29 ppg) and 14th in all-purpose running (177.57); junior WR John Matthews is 21st in total receiving yards (585) and 23rd in receiving yards per game (83.57); and junior safety Patrick O'Neill is t-12th in interceptions (0.57).

On top of all this they have a player up for the top offensive award in FCS and a player up on defense for the top player on defense of the year award in FCS. SAN DIEGO HAS THE #1 ranked offense in FCS.

Josh Johnson is one of the top quarterbacks in the country at any level! For the season Johnson has completed 124-of-165 passes (75.2%) for 1,852 yards and 28 touchdowns without an interception.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmateocountytimes/ci_7286643

San Diego absolutely crushed Drake 59-19. This same Drake team beat nationally ranked Illionois State 27-24. San Diego also beat Northern Colorado 49-13. USD pulled their starters in this one and beat a BSC team by 36 points.

Lets take a look...
USD beat N.Colo by 36 points
Cal Poly beat them by 35
Chadron State beat them by 31
Weber State beat them by 23
Northern Arizona beat them by 20
Idaho State beat them by 12

Only FCS powerhouse Montana beat them by more than USD did in the FCS. As stated in an earlier thread the point isn't to say I beat this team by this much so i'm better than you, but to take a look and say... maybe this team of USD isn't as weak as everyone thinks based on their schedule. They play who they have on the schedule. That has nothing to do with the kind of team or coaches or players they have. If they are one of the best teams, then they should be included.

Over the last several years USD has proven that they are the best out of the PFL and NEC. Monmouth was pretty hyped going into the Gridiron classic last year and USD demonstrated they were clearly the class of these two conferences.

I would agree that when compared to other teams schedules, USD will have a weaker schedule. BUT, that isn't the only criteria for the playoffs. If the Toreros go 11-0 I think they deserve a bid. If they lose one game I don't think they deserve a bid.

They have a couple of good teams left to beat and it starts this weekend. Also have to play UC-Davis at the end of the regular season.

UNHWildCats
October 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I agree with most that they have played an easy schedule, and I do agree that they need to play better teams. However, look at what may happen at the end of the season.

NDSU can not go to the playoffs, they can end undefeated.
SD may not make the playoffs, they can end undefeated.
There are still 3 teams in playoff contention that can all end the season without a loss (Montana, UNI, McNeese).

The playoffs are ment to be a better system than bowl games to determine a true champion. However, when you have teams other than the national champion that is undefeated it leaves room for smack and controversy. San Diego need to be put in rather than the 5th CAA. The odds would be very similiar on winning the whole thing for either team, so why not put in the underdog, see what they can do, and at worst SD gets a loss.

Dont punish a CAA team that plays a tough schedule so a team that plays weak teams in and out of conference can get in. a 8-3 CAA team is more deserving then an 11-0 San Diego with the schedule they have.

Torero Tradition
October 26th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Dont punish a CAA team that plays a tough schedule so a team that plays weak teams in and out of conference can get in. a 8-3 CAA team is more deserving then an 11-0 San Diego with the schedule they have.

Don't punish an 11-0 San Diego so that a weaker team in the CAA can get into the playoffs just because they play in the CAA. The best teams should make the playoffs. Strength of schedule isn't the only criteria in playoff selection.

UNHWildCats
October 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
USD has now won 34 of their last 36 games (.944 winning percentage)... Between the 2005-2006 campaigns USD strung together a school record 18-game winning streak... With their home win over Jacksonville last Saturday, the Toreros have now won 23 straight at Torero Stadium... Additionally, heading into this week's PFL game against the Dayton Flyers, USD has won 19 straight regular-season PFL games

As a team the USD Toreros rank in seventeen top-25 team statistical categories for NCAA FCS statistics...
USD is #1 in five areas
scoring (49.57 ppg),
total offense (499.14),
passing efficiency (219.13 rating),
kickoff returns (31.67 yards per return)
and passed had intercepted (just 1)

... They also are t-2nd in turnovers lost (6),
t-3rd in pass sacks (3.43 per game),
3rd in turnover margin (+1.86),
5th in offensive 3rd down efficiency (51.5%),
t-7th in tackles-for-loss (4.00),
8th in passing offense (300.1 yards per game),
t-9th in sacks allowed (0.86),
t-12th in turnovers gained (19),
t-19th in passes intercepted (11),
t-20th in offensive 4th down efficiency (63.6%),
t-25th in scoring defense (20.0)
and 25th in kickoff return yardage defense (18.8.

Six USD Toreros currently rank individually in a total of 18 different statistics. Senior QB Josh Johnson is 1st in total offense (382,, 1st in pass efficiency (225.4 rating), 1st in points responsible for (30.0), 5th in passing yards per game (308.67), 11th in total passing yards (1,852 in 6 games), and 15th in passing (20.67 completions per game); senior DE Eric Bakhtiari is 1st in QB sacks (1.93; 13.5 total), 2nd in tackles for loss (2.29), and t-8th in forced fumbles (0.43); senior WR Wes Doyle is t-11th in receptions per game (7.0), t-13th in scoring (9.43 ppg), 14th in receiving yards per game (90.86), and 14th in total receiving yards (636); junior RB JT Rogan is t-7th in scoring (10.29 ppg) and 14th in all-purpose running (177.57); junior WR John Matthews is 21st in total receiving yards (585) and 23rd in receiving yards per game (83.57); and junior safety Patrick O'Neill is t-12th in interceptions (0.57).

On top of all this they have a player up for the top offensive award in FCS and a player up on defense for the top player on defense of the year award in FCS. SAN DIEGO HAS THE #1 ranked offense in FCS.

Josh Johnson is one of the top quarterbacks in the country at any level! For the season Johnson has completed 124-of-165 passes (75.2%) for 1,852 yards and 28 touchdowns without an interception.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmateocountytimes/ci_7286643

San Diego absolutely crushed Drake 59-19. This same Drake team beat nationally ranked Illionois State 27-24. San Diego also beat Northern Colorado 49-13. USD pulled their starters in this one and beat a BSC team by 36 points.

Lets take a look...
USD beat N.Colo by 36 points
Cal Poly beat them by 35
Chadron State beat them by 31
Weber State beat them by 23
Northern Arizona beat them by 20
Idaho State beat them by 12

Only FCS powerhouse Montana beat them by more than USD did in the FCS. As stated in an earlier thread the point isn't to say I beat this team by this much so i'm better than you, but to take a look and say... maybe this team of USD isn't as weak as everyone thinks based on their schedule. They play who they have on the schedule. That has nothing to do with the kind of team or coaches or players they have. If they are one of the best teams, then they should be included.

Over the last several years USD has proven that they are the best out of the PFL and NEC. Monmouth was pretty hyped going into the Gridiron classic last year and USD demonstrated they were clearly the class of these two conferences.

I would agree that when compared to other teams schedules, USD will have a weaker schedule. BUT, that isn't the only criteria for the playoffs. If the Toreros go 11-0 I think they deserve a bid. If they lose one game I don't think they deserve a bid.

They have a couple of good teams left to beat and it starts this weekend. Also have to play UC-Davis at the end of the regular season.
Love how you left out that they only beat Azusa Pacific 42-32, it's not even a good Azusa Pacific team.

UNHWildCats
October 26th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Don't punish an 11-0 San Diego so that a weaker team in the CAA can get into the playoffs just because they play in the CAA. The best teams should make the playoffs. Strength of schedule isn't the only criteria in playoff selection.

Richmond, Hofstra, New Hampshire, Delaware, Massachusetts and James Madison, the deserving CAA teams would all kick San Diego's ass!

Northeastern, William & Mary, Villanova and Towson prolly would too.

UNHWildCats
October 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM

OK then im going to email Marty Scarano and demand that New Hampshire move to the MAAC and play Marist, Iona and LaSalle each year, plus Northern Colorado, Columbia, Southern Utah, Indiana State, St Francis, North Carolina A&T, Jacksonville and Savannah State every year so we can always go 11-0 and demand a playoff spot because we went 11-0

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Richmond, Hofstra, New Hampshire, Delaware, Massachusetts and James Madison, the deserving CAA teams would all kick San Diego's ass!
Northeastern, William & Mary, Villanova and Towson prolly would too.I'm not the only one sick of member's that can't control themselves and smack all over the discussion board. xnonox

The playoffs are ment to be a better system than bowl games to determine a true champion. However, when you have teams other than the national champion that is undefeated it leaves room for smack and controversy.
Point comparing undefeated bowl teams, they all meet requirements to be FBS scholarship-wise. FCS doesn't have that so you can't compare the two that way.

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yes, but there are no non-schol FBS schoolsMy point exactly. Undefeated on a level field cannot be compared to undefeated in FCS.

ereiz03
October 26th, 2007, 07:21 PM
"Richmond, Hofstra, New Hampshire, Delaware, Massachusetts and James Madison, the deserving CAA teams would all kick San Diego's ass!"

I would bet a huge amount of money that NONE of those teams would "kick San Diego's ass."

BlueHen86
October 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Last year San Diego was 10 - 0 with a quality win over Yale - and didn't get in. A week later they proved the selection committee right by losing to UC Davis.
This year San Diego has NO quality wins, if they beat Davis they will have one (maybe) - but they had that last year.
Start as many threads as you want, San Diego is not going to the playoffs this year.

eaglesrthe1
October 26th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Gridiron Power Index (GPI) Through 10/22/07, Northern Iowa No. 1
College Sporting News

The Gridiron Power Index (GPI), the hybrid ranking for FCS and top index indicator of at-large playoff selection has the University of Northern Iowa in the top spot for the fourth straight week. The FCS's largest league, the Colonial Athletic Association is the top ranked conference. The CAA has seven of their teams in the top 25; the Southern Conference placed five; the Gateway Football Conference placed four; the Big Sky and Great West Football Conference placed two each; the Ivy League, Ohio Valley Conference, Patriot League, Southland and Southwestern Athletic Conference placed one each. (Games through 10/22/07)

10/23/2007 GPI

Top 25
Rank-Team-Total
1. Northern Iowa (1.13)
2. N Dakota St (2.25)
3. Massachusetts (3.00)
4. McNeese St (5.00)
5. James Madison (6.00)
6. S Illinois (6.75)
7. New Hampshire (8.38)
8. Appalachian St (9.00)
9. Delaware (9.25)
10. Yale (9.75)
11. Wofford (10.38)
12. Montana (10.63)
13. Richmond (13.13)
14. Elon (13.63)
15. Hofstra (15.75)
16. E Kentucky (18.50)
17. Grambling (19.75)
18. Youngstown St (19.88)
19. Holy Cross (20.38)
20. Villanova (20.63)
21. Ga Southern (21.50)
22. The Citadel (22.00)
23. W Illinois (23.75)
24. S Dakota St (24.75)
25. E Washington (25.50)

Conference Rank
Rank, Conference (Average Rating)
1. Colonial Athletic Association (24.58)
2. Southern Conference (24.97)
3. Gateway Football Conference (27.77)
4. Great West Football Conference (31.35)
5. Southland Conference (40.88)
6. Big Sky Conference (43.02)
7. Ivy League (47.96)
8. Patriot League (48.13)
9. Southwestern Athletic Conference (51.90)
10. Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (54.10)
11. Ohio Valley Conference (55.20)
12. Big South Conference (57.88)
13. Pioneer Football League (65.99)
14. Independents (66.91)
15. Northeast Conference (68.29)
16. Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (77.00)

Conference Detail
Rank, Team (Average Rating)
1. Colonial Athletic Association (24.58)
3. Massachusetts (3.00)
5. James Madison (6.00)
7. New Hampshire (8.38)
9. Delaware (9.25)
13. Richmond (13.13)
15. Hofstra (15.75)
20. Villanova (20.63)
31T. William & Mary (29.38)
46. Towson (38.38)
55. Northeastern (43.75)
61. Rhode Island (49.00)
79. Maine (58.25)

2. Southern Conference (24.97)
8. Appalachian St (9.00)
11. Wofford (10.38)
14. Elon (13.63)
21. Ga Southern (21.50)
22. The Citadel (22.00)
36. Furman (31.63)
51T. Chattanooga (41.88)
64. W Carolina (49.75)

3. Gateway Football Conference (27.77)
1. Northern Iowa (1.13)
6. S Illinois (6.75)
18. Youngstown St (19.88)
23. W Illinois (23.75)
31T. Illinois St (29.38)
38. Missouri St (33.38)
113. Indiana St (80.13)

4. Great West Football Conference (31.35)
2. N Dakota St (2.25)
24. S Dakota St (24.75)
37. Cal Poly (31.75)
49. UC Davis (39.88)
78. Southern Utah (58.13)

5. Southland Conference (40.88)
4. McNeese St (5.00)
34. Cent Arkansas (30.50)
35. Nicholls St (30.75)
43. Sam Houston St (36.75)
65. Texas St (51.25)
66T. Northwestern St (51.38)
66T. SE Louisiana (51.38)
97. SF Austin (70.00)

6. Big Sky Conference (43.02)
12. Montana (10.63)
25. E Washington (25.50)
26. Montana St (25.88)
39. N Arizona (34.88)
59. Portland St (47.75)
69. Weber St (52.38)
73T. Idaho St (55.13)
73T. Sacramento St (55.13)
112. N Colorado (79.88)

7. Ivy League (47.96)
10. Yale (9.75)
29. Harvard (28.25)
47. Cornell (38.63)
70. Penn (53.75)
71. Dartmouth (53.88)
75. Brown (56.00)
88. Princeton (64.75)
110. Columbia (78.63)

8. Patriot League (48.13)
19. Holy Cross (20.38)
41T. Fordham (36.38)
48. Colgate (39.13)
51T. Lehigh (41.88)
68. Lafayette (52.13)
99. Bucknell (71.63)
106. Georgetown (75.38)

9. Southwestern Athletic Conference (51.90)
17. Grambling (19.75)
28. Alabama A&M (27.88)
45. Southern Univ (37.50)
53. Jackson St (42.25)
58. Prairie View (45.63)
76. Alabama St (56.38)
86. Ark Pine Bluff (64.00)
98. MS Valley St (71.00)
103. Alcorn St (74.13)
114. TX Southern (80.50)

10. Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (54.10)
27. Delaware St (26.88)
30. Norfolk St (29.00)
33. S Carolina St (30.38)
57. Hampton (45.25)
81. W Salem St (60.13)
82. Morgan St (61.13)
87. Florida A&M (64.38)
94. Howard (69.00)
100. Bethune-Cookman (72.63)
116. NC A&T (82.25)

11. Ohio Valley Conference (55.20)
16. E Kentucky (18.50)
44. Jacksonville St (37.00)
50. E Illinois (41.25)
72. Tennessee St (54.25)
77. Austin Peay (57.00)
89. Samford (65.75)
90T. TN Martin (66.25)
92. Tennessee Tech (66.50)
95T. Murray St (69.50)
108. SE Missouri St (76.00)

12. Big South Conference (57.88)
40. Liberty (35.50)
60. Gardner Webb (48.13)
83. Coastal Carolina (61.38)
95T. Charleston So (69.50)
105. VMI (74.88)

13. Pioneer Football League (65.99)
41T. San Diego (36.38)56. Dayton (44.00)
84. Drake (61.88)
93. Morehead St (68.13)
102. Davidson (73.38)
111. Jacksonville (78.88)
115. Butler (81.75)
118. Valparaiso (83.50)

14. Independents (66.91)
62. Stony Brook (49.13)
80. Presbyterian (60.00)
101. NC Central (73.25)
121. Savannah St (85.25)

15. Northeast Conference (68.29)
54. Albany (43.13)
63. Central Conn (49.25)
90T. Wagner (66.25)
107. Monmouth (75.88)
109. Robert Morris (77.13)
117. Sacred Ht (82.38)
119. St Francis (84.00)

16. Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (77.00)
85. Iona (63.13)
104. Duquesne (74.50)
120. Marist (84.38)
122. La Salle (86.00)

T for 41st mmmmxcoffeex

BlueHen86
October 26th, 2007, 08:07 PM
T for 41st mmmmxcoffeex
They wouldn't even make a 32 team playoff field.xlolx

;)

McTailGator
October 26th, 2007, 08:40 PM
They wouldn't even make a 32 team playoff field.xlolx

;)

But hey, they might make a 64 seed tourney with a play in game. xeyebrowx

Dane96
October 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I cant stand all the San Diego banter...but....UNHWILDCATS, you are the typical New England fan I must deal with on a daily basis-- Completely lost in your own mind.

I have watched film on San Diego and while I think the schedule precludes a bid (should be a reward for scheduling and winning a good schedule compared to other teams), San Diego is a FINE team that most defenses would have serious trouble with.

In fact, they are very similar to your own Wildcats in many regards-- on Offense that is.

The true test of San Diego would be on the defense. Offensively-- they have the goods.

To say that the teams you mentioned would whip on San Diego-- Shows a complete lack of either:

A) Football knowledge; or
B) San Diego's offense

Believe me, I have led the "please shut up San Diego" charge a few times...but your comments are just plain silly. Most of those teams wouldn't whip Albany...and I am a bit nervous to play San Diego if we make the GIC. That offense is just silly.

That being said, I think San Diego is going to be VERY different next year...VERY.

blur2005
October 26th, 2007, 09:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, probably nine of the twelve teams in the CAA would drill San Diego. Give me a break.

Your statistics mean nothing because you play NO ONE. When you actually play a decent team and roll on them (Yale does not count in my book because the Ivies suck), then I'll be more open to San Diego receiving attention for a playoff spot. Until then, play someone.

Play someone.

Play someone.

Play someone.

This is the broken record of everyone on here. So maybe you should yell at your AD and get it done.

blur2005
October 26th, 2007, 09:39 PM
While you're at it, actually win the game when you play someone. Then let's talk about playoffs.

McTailGator
October 26th, 2007, 09:57 PM
You may feel that way, but it IS smack, because it's not true. They play no club teams, and

Simply stated, THEY ARE DIVISION I.

Sorry Scooby (that was Smack), I put them in your league. A D-I Club Team. Nothing more.

Mod55
October 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Stop the smack on the discussion board right now.

blur2005
October 27th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Stop the smack on the discussion board right now.
Thank you for deleting my non-smack post.

San Diego needs to play someone. That way, their stats might actually matter. Moreover, they need to beat someone in order to get into the playoffs.

MR. CHICKEN
October 27th, 2007, 07:21 AM
DUH TORERO'S......ARE BEATIN' UP ON DERE OPPONENTS....MUCH LIKE......ALL DUH I-AA BIG BIRDS WOOD............56 POINTS AGIN' JACKSONVILLE IN ONE HALF..........NUMBERS DAT ANY TOP15 AGS POLL SQWADS....WOOD LIKELY MIRROR.......DEY CAIN'T HEP DUH SKED......BUT AH BELIEVE............xbowx....BRAWK!

nmatsen
October 27th, 2007, 07:52 AM
I think San Diego should have to pass on the championship game before the playoffs. That way if they don't get into the playoffs (which they won't, but they should) they would miss out on their conference championship game too. That would be funny and would most likely end their tirate about getting in to the post season. Make them choose BEFORE they know they're in.

Torero Tradition
October 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I think San Diego should have to pass on the championship game before the playoffs. That way if they don't get into the playoffs (which they won't, but they should) they would miss out on their conference championship game too. That would be funny and would most likely end their tirate about getting in to the post season. Make them choose BEFORE they know they're in.

That makes zero sense.