PDA

View Full Version : GSU - Citadel Thoughts

flexbone
October 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Ok, I know we have a good number of Citadel and GSU fans on here, so lets hear it.
Give me your thoughts. How is it going to play out.
Do we get pay back or are they for real?
I will tell ya - I think it SHOULD be a great game, but I don't have a feel one way or the other as to who really has the advantage or is the clear cut Favored.

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I expect a very close games. Both offenses good. Both defenses are atrocious.

The winning team will make just a few plays on defense. Neither team can continue to rely on their offense to put up 40 points every game.

th0m
October 26th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Isn't it The Citadel? :p

Since GSU'll likely lose at Colorado State, this is a MUST win if they want to make the playoffs (not to mention beating the rest of their sched, which includes beating Woffy). Similarly, The Citadel still has to play ASU and Elon, so can use some breathing room themselves. Lotsa good games still to come in the Socon.

BulldogFan
October 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM
For The Citadel, taking care of the football is paramount. Using clock on the offensive side could help to shorten the game and keep our defense off the field for extended periods of time. Plan to be in Statesboro about 10, parking still outside the west endzone?

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Since GSU'll likely lose at Colorado State, this is a MUST win if they want to make the playoffs (not to mention beating the rest of their sched, which includes beating Woffy). Similarly, The Citadel still has to play ASU and Elon, so can use some breathing room themselves. Lotsa good games still to come in the Socon.

GSU also entertains the Paladins.

KJ Eagle
October 26th, 2007, 12:35 PM

I don't see Colorado St being our hardest game left. They actually look more than beatable. (1-6). But we still have el cid, woofie, and furball left before we get to Ft. Collins. We are going to need some luck to come out with a win in all of those games.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 26th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Colorado State may be the easiest remaining game (it was last week, and the week before that also)...tough to decide between Furple and them.

Eaglesrus
October 26th, 2007, 01:25 PM
For The Citadel, taking care of the football is paramount. Using clock on the offensive side could help to shorten the game and keep our defense off the field for extended periods of time. Plan to be in Statesboro about 10, parking still outside the west endzone?

I'm afraid that the lot outside the west end but immediately adjacent to the stadium is now parking for those with Southern Boosters passes only, no general admission. There are several other lots on campus that are relatively close to the stadium, and there is shuttle service from those to the stadium. I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with the street names in that area, and I was unsuccessful in searching the website for a map to share with you. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come on and offer some assistance. Wish I could tell you more.

bryan92
October 26th, 2007, 01:42 PM
http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/park/maps/FootballGameMap.pdf

BULLDOG8180
October 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Should be a good game, the team that holds onto the ball and doesn't turn it over should win.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 26th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Should be a good game, the team that holds onto the ball and doesn't turn it over should win.

That was the story for us last weekend in Boone. Very close game, they had two turnovers, we had none.

Laserlips
October 26th, 2007, 02:46 PM
There are several places on campus where the shuttle stops,and generally they are near a large parking lot, and well marked.

My wife and I have used the shuttle several times from the parking lot #3 across the steet from the pick up point on Forrest Drive. and it works just fine, and generally there is adequate parking.

It IS homecoming, so early arrival is better than later arrival..

Hope the Citadel folks have a safe trip to and from the game, and our Eagle fans treat you well.

J.Pomeroy

Seven Would Be Nice
October 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM
News of one of our DBacks getting booted from the team for reasons not reported. This one hurts going into a game with a pass happy QB.

parr90
October 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I expect a very close games. Both offenses good. Both defenses are atrocious.

The winning team will make just a few plays on defense. Neither team can continue to rely on their offense to put up 40 points every game.

GSU defense has improved. Although giving up yards against App, they had them stopped on several occasions and had penalties or big plays pulled out by app to continue some of those drives. At the beginning
of the year the GSU defense were all looking at the sidelines every play because they didnt know what to do. These are many new guys playing together. They seem to be starting to play better as a unit now. They dont seem to be short of talent. We will see.

Death Dealer
October 26th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Colorado State may be the easiest remaining game (it was last week, and the week before that also)...tough to decide between Furple and them.
Keep thinking that way. Furman is terrible. They couldn't possibly beat the great GSU. That'll be our easiest game of the season. xthumbsupx It'll make it all that much sweeter when we beat your @$$es and then take a piss in that cesspool y'all call a creek on our way out of Statesboro. xnodx

Kill'em
October 26th, 2007, 11:33 PM
GSU defense has improved. Although giving up yards against App, they had them stopped on several occasions and had penalties or big plays pulled out by app to continue some of those drives. At the beginning
of the year the GSU defense were all looking at the sidelines every play because they didnt know what to do. These are many new guys playing together. They seem to be starting to play better as a unit now. They dont seem to be short of talent. We will see.
I'm not sure about that. Considering we lost our best corner, Carson Hill, to a season-ending knee injury during the App St game and the announcement that Dedric Bynam has been kicked off the team leaves us with, I believe, only two cornerbacks and two safeties and possibly one nickel.

citdog
October 27th, 2007, 08:26 AM
for all GSU Fans in the stadium today play the fun new game "Spot the CitDog!" Go 'Dogs!

ErksEagles
October 27th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Is it going to be easy or hard?

ngineer
October 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Pulling for The Citadel...Love to see "Lehigh South" on the rise...;) :D

CidDT59-01
October 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Offense is the key. Play D with the O this week Dogs, keep em off the field!

Although injuries and players being booted stinks, it is the game, take advantage early of that. We have our share of DB woes this season too.

Can't make it to Statesboro, but will be watching it on the tube at high noon!

Go Dogs!!!

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2007, 06:38 PM
for all GSU Fans in the stadium today play the fun new game "Spot the CitDog!" Go 'Dogs!

You had to be the guy with the loudspeaker attached to the RV.

I couldn't imagine it being any other way.

Liberty2005
October 29th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Congrats to the Eagles to come back and win. Definetly a hard fought game.

Kill'em
October 29th, 2007, 08:40 AM
It was a game I hated to miss.

citdog
October 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM
have to think that if Duran was leading our final drive the outcome would have been different. It is what it is, a 4pt loss to GSU at their place. Congrats to the Eagles they took our best shot and got up off the mat.

ButlerGSU
October 29th, 2007, 09:40 AM
We got whipped the whole second half, best defense in the SoCon but Foster is simply too talented a player to contain. Couple that with the Eagles stiff defense that stopped us short. Dang, we just couldn't handle the Eagles when they have a coach with an IQ above 70.

Fixed it xsmiley_wix

Kill'em
October 29th, 2007, 11:32 AM
have to think that if Duran was leading our final drive the outcome would have been different. It is what it is, a 4pt loss to GSU at their place. Congrats to the Eagles they took our best shot and got up off the mat.

Thanks. Our defense has been getting better and to hold The Citadel was huge. I wonder how many would have thought this would be a defensive battle. I hope I get the opportunity to see the "new" Johnson Haygood next year.

citdog
October 29th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks. Our defense has been getting better and to hold The Citadel was huge. I wonder how many would have thought this would be a defensive battle. I hope I get the opportunity to see the "new" Johnson-Haygood next year.

i thought we would score and i know that y'all can score so i thought the halftime score would have been what the final score was. You will get to see the new General Johnson Hagood Stadium next fall.