PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 11

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2022, 06:09 AM
With Colgate's loss Saturday, five of the seven teams will finish below .500 this season.

Colgate (3-6) at Lehigh (1-8), 12 noon
Bryant (3-6) at Holy Cross (9-0), 12 noon
Bucknell (1-8) at Georgetown (2-7), 12:30 pm
Lafayette (3-6) at Fordham (7-2), 1:00 pm

bonarae
November 6th, 2022, 06:11 AM
Another difficult week to predict. :(

'Gate
HC
Georgetown - some team's bleeding has to stop...
Fordham

Ivytalk
November 6th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Colgate
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Fordham

The Cats
November 6th, 2022, 09:17 AM
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham

ngineer
November 6th, 2022, 03:30 PM
Crusaders get sweet with Anita Bryant and put on the squeeze for a first round bye. Crusaders 35-14

What Rocks! will get another notch in the win column and avoid the basement this year. Both teams have shown defenses that fight, but Hoyas appear to have more fire power on offense. Georgie Porgie 27-17

Another battle of maroons...How many football conferences can say that over half their teams have almost the same color?? Fordham, Colgate and Laughyette all have maroon. However, Holy Cross is not far off with purple, and Lehigh's brown is not far off, either. Dreadful. Oh yeah, the game. Rams are going to go all out for an 'impressive' win to help their bid for an at-large slot in the playoffs. So I'd expect the Rams to put pedal to metal. FU! 45-17.

The 'gate swings down to the Little town of Bet'lem with nothing hinging on the outcome. The halftime performance by Lehigh' Marching '97 will likely be the highlight of the game (for a school without music majors, they are impressive). Lehigh fans had hoped to be seeing the future with freshman QB Silbor; however, a severe fracture of his non-throwing arm resulted in surgery, so we will be seeing more of the same. I call this a toss up or throw up (pick your image). It might actually turn out to have an exciting finish..how about OT just for *****s and giggles? Lehigh (homer call) 24-21 OT.

crusader11
November 6th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Crusaders get sweet with Anita Bryant and put on the squeeze for a first round bye. Crusaders 35-14

I hope it’ll be that easy, but don’t think it will be. Fully expect this to be a close game heading into the 4th.

Bill
November 7th, 2022, 09:55 AM

What Rocks! will get another notch in the win column and avoid the basement this year. Both teams have shown defenses that fight, but Hoyas appear to have more fire power on offense. Georgie Porgie 27-17

Another battle of maroons...How many football conferences can say that over half their teams have almost the same color?? Fordham, Colgate and Laughyette all have maroon. However, Holy Cross is not far off with purple, and Lehigh's brown is not far off, either. Dreadful. Oh yeah, the game. Rams are going to go all out for an 'impressive' win to help their bid for an at-large slot in the playoffs. So I'd expect the Rams to put pedal to metal. FU! 45-17.

The 'gate swings down to the Little town of Bet'lem with nothing hinging on the outcome. The halftime performance by Lehigh' Marching '97 will likely be the highlight of the game (for a school without music majors, they are impressive). Lehigh fans had hoped to be seeing the future with freshman QB Silbor; however, a severe fracture of his non-throwing arm resulted in surgery, so we will be seeing more of the same. I call this a toss up or throw up (pick your image). It might actually turn out to have an exciting finish..how about OT just for *****s and giggles? Lehigh (homer call) 24-21 OT.
Ngineer - I love your optimism, but it seems to me you started the tailgate party far too early this week!xdrunkyx

NY Crusader 2010
November 7th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Colgate 28 Lehigh 17
Holy Cross 45 Bryant 32 -- was going to pick Bryant before I got wind of the weather forecast. Mud bowl = advantage Holy Cross
Georgetown 35 Bucknell 20
Fordham 41 Lafayette 31

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2022, 07:09 PM
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from Lafayette. It could be a close game, or it could be a blowout.

TheValleyRaider
November 8th, 2022, 07:33 PM
Is this League really that unpredictable? 3-1 last week, 38-10 for the season, and not much left except "bragging" rights for not finishing in last. Or maybe finishing 3rd.

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate What's on the line? Nothing, really. At least, not like there used to be. Pour one out for what used to be the League's premier rivalry, not so much because there aren't better games (bravo Crusaders-Rams), but because neither of them seems really close to anything, except perhaps one another. It will be interesting to see how each looks to rebuild their programs, as there is much work to be done. I believe both are serious about having good programs, at least they certainly are historically.

Bryant at Holy Cross Holy Cross What's on the line? Holy Cross' seed. Not getting one, they certainly seem lined up for one, and possibly a high one, but just how high? With the trophy in hand and two losing teams left on the schedule the Crusaders cannot really afford to slip up. I don't see that happening, but they'll want to finish on a high note before getting Thanksgiving weekend off (in the good way, unlike most of the rest of us).

Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown What's on the line? A shot at a winning League record? Georgetown could get to 3-3, but with the Crusaders next that seems unlikely. This series is 3-3 in the last six meetings, most fairly close, which suggests a competitive matchup. Close doesn't always mean good, and I'll take the Hoyas at home.

Lafayette at Fordham Fordham What's on the line? Fordham's playoff spot. If there is something to play for left in the League, it's the Rams getting to 9-2 and grabbing a bid. 8-3 with a late loss to either Lafayette or Colgate could put them in danger. I was curious how they would react to a tough HC loss against Bucknell, and let's just say they covered a 24.5-point spread.

DFW HOYA
November 8th, 2022, 10:35 PM
Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown What's on the line? A shot at a winning League record? Georgetown could get to 3-3, but with the Crusaders next that seems unlikely. This series is 3-3 in the last six meetings, most fairly close, which suggests a competitive matchup. Close doesn't always mean good, and I'll take the Hoyas at home.

Rhetorical question for the group: is 3-8 the ceiling for Georgetown indefinitely, short of adding Division III opponents to the schedule?

crusader11
November 9th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Lehigh has to win out to avoid finishing fewer than three wins for the first time since 1967.

The end is near...

crusader11
November 9th, 2022, 07:46 AM
There is scenario where five of the seven PL teams finish with three wins or fewer this season.

Colgate needs to lose at Lehigh and at Fordham -- very possible.

Lafayette needs to lose at Fordham and vs. Lehigh -- very possible.

Georgetown can't win out (vs. Bucknell and vs. Holy Cross).

The L's and Colgate really need to figure things out. Gilmore obviously isn't the guy. Not confident Stan D is the answer in Hamilton. Jury till out on Troxell, but below average returns in year one. Can he recruit?

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2022, 01:54 PM
I think Stan D and Troxell are very similar. Both really good guys with tons of class and integrity who attended and played for their respective schools.

I think both are capable of maintaining very stable, solid and successful programs. Not sure if either has the ability to light the recruiting trail on fire and dominate the league yearly however. But both schools could do much, much worse, and finding significantly better is a crapshoot.

ngineer
November 11th, 2022, 11:24 AM
Lehigh has to win out to avoid finishing fewer than three wins for the first time since 1967.

The end is near...

We hope...'Sick to the 'gils'...

Leopard Loyalist
November 11th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Colgate (3-6) at Lehigh (1-8), 12 noon
Bryant (3-6) at Holy Cross (9-0), 12 noon
Bucknell (1-8) at Georgetown (2-7), 12:30 pm
Lafayette (3-6) at Fordham (7-2), 1:00 pm

RichH2
November 11th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Gate
Hoyas
Holy Cross
Fordham

Go...gate
November 12th, 2022, 12:12 AM
Lehigh 27, Colgate 16

Holy Cross 34, Bryant 13

Georgetown 19, Bucknell 17

Fordham 35, Lafayette 14

Bonus pick: Yale 33, Princeton 28

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 06:38 AM
I hope it’ll be that easy, but don’t think it will be. Fully expect this to be a close game heading into the 4th.

Haha wonder if younger folks had to google her. I recall her late 70s crusade (especially Miami- Dade vote) and remember her getting a pie in the face...Looked it up and wow 40 years ago google said Oct. 14, 1977 during Des Moines Iowa press conference a gay activist creamed her (pun intended). Pics and video out there!

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2022, 07:19 AM
Lehigh 27, Colgate 16

Holy Cross 34, Bryant 13

Georgetown 19, Bucknell 17

Fordham 35, Lafayette 14

Bonus pick: Yale 33, Princeton 28
I like your bonus pick!xthumbsupx

Bill
November 12th, 2022, 08:34 AM
Haha wonder if younger folks had to google her. I recall her late 70s crusade (especially Miami- Dade vote) and remember her getting a pie in the face...Looked it up and wow 40 years ago google said Oct. 14, 1977 during Des Moines Iowa press conference a gay activist creamed her (pun intended). Pics and video out there!

I guess I'm somewhat younger (52), but I first heard about Anita Bryant from the joke about her in the movie Airplane!xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 09:12 AM
Holy Cross 31 Bryant 17
Georgetown 28 Bucknell 20
Fordham 34 Lafayette 24
Colgate 20 Lehigh 16

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 09:12 AM
I guess I'm somewhat younger (52), but I first heard about Anita Bryant from the joke about her in the movie Airplane!xlolx

Please relate lol...I missed it!

Bill
November 12th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Please relate lol...I missed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTzBowBrFA

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Hello what ESPN Plus cahnnel is Pard game on?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 11:15 AM
Gate strikes early!

Raiders 7-0 9:23 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 11:24 AM
TD Colgate!! Like a hot knife through butter. Lehigh looks completely disinterested....

Colgate 14-0 4:45 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 11:32 AM
TD Lehigh after a great catch on a long pass help set it up...

Colgate 14-7 3:11 1Q

Who had the over?!?!?

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 11:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTzBowBrFA

Thank you Bill...Pard game on SNY cable station (Southern NY?)..I found it

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 11:58 AM
TD Lehigh following a 'Gate FG....

Colgate 17-14 8:55 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Colgate 20 Lehigh 14 Half

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 12:35 PM
4:19 left in 1st, Fordham 7 Lafayette 0

DFW HOYA
November 12th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Bucknell 3
Georgetown 7
Halftime

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 01:02 PM
TD 'Gate...Lehigh's defense is getting torched..

'Gate 26-14 10:24 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Holy Cross 22 Bryant 6 12:02 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 01:16 PM
TD Lehigh!

Colgate 26 Lehigh 21 6:19 3Q

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 01:20 PM
Watching Lafayette/Fordham, albeit not too closely, on SportsNet New York, courtesy of Verizon FiOS (though SNY is a SD channel on FiOS). Fordham is controlling things right now, leading 17-0 in the latter stages of the 2nd quarter.

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Lafayette actually does something they've done very infrequently this season - they successfully kicked a field goal. A long pass play down to about the Fordham 25 yard line was the key play. Fordham still leads 17-3 with 1:31 left in the 1st half.

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Fordham strikes quickly, driving 75 yards in 56 seconds for its third touchdown, the six points coming on a nice 30 yard pass into the endzone. The Rams lead Lafayette 24-3 with 35 seconds left in the 2nd quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 01:40 PM
Georgetown 21 Bucknell 10 4:59 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Colgate 26 Lehigh 21 6:11 4Q

This game has come to screeching halt entertainment wise the last 20 minutes of play. Much more inline with pregame thought...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 02:04 PM
And just like that a Lehigh TD.....2 pt conversion is good!

Mountain Hawks 29 Colgate 26 3:58 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Colgate responds!

Colgate 33 Lehigh 29 1:15 4Q

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Lafayette takes advantage of a short field to score their first touchdown of the game. Fordham now leads 24-10 with 9:11 remaining in the 3rd quarter.

(Split focus now - also listening to DI-A/FBS Temple/Houston and streaming D2 Shepherd/IUP.)

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Fordham's explosive offense strikes again - quick drive for a touchdown in just over a minute capped by a long touchdown pass in the endzone. The Rams extend their lead back to 21 points and are ahead of Lafayette 31-10 with 7:53 left in the 3rd quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Lehigh goes right down the field and retakes the lead with 22 seconds left! These last 5 minutes have been bonkers!

Lehigh 36 Colgate 33 0:22 4Q

DFW HOYA
November 12th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Georgetown throws an interception at midfield, Bucknell misses a catch in the end zone to go 0-5 on 4th down.

Bucknell 13
Georgetown 21
3:27 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Lehigh 36 Colgate 33 Final

Whacky game between two struggling programs....

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 02:30 PM
ANOTHER long touchdown pass in the endzone for the Rams.

Fordham is pulling away, and is now ahead 38-10 over Lafayette with 3:56 left in the 3rd quarter.

BNiche
November 12th, 2022, 02:31 PM
If nothing else, if Fordham goes 9-2, they should get an at-large for how explosive their offense is. So much fun to watch.

DFW HOYA
November 12th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Georgetown in free fall.

Bucknell 24
Georgetown 21
Final-Overtime

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Fordham pouring it on, and the fat lady is in the middle of her song. The Rams lead Lafayette 45-10 with 8:36 remaining in regulation.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 03:08 PM
45-10 Fordham. DeMorat nearing 500 yards passing

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 03:19 PM
Fordham beats Lafayette 45-10.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Did DeMorat get 500?

crusader11
November 12th, 2022, 04:04 PM
There is scenario where five of the seven PL teams finish with three wins or fewer this season.

Colgate needs to lose at Lehigh and at Fordham -- very possible.

Lafayette needs to lose at Fordham and vs. Lehigh -- very possible.

Georgetown can't win out (vs. Bucknell and vs. Holy Cross).

A Fordham win over Colgate and Lehigh win over Lafayette means that five PL teams will finish with three wins or fewer.

Downright embarrassing.

DFW HOYA
November 12th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Downright embarrassing.

Nothing will change.

Southsider
November 12th, 2022, 04:19 PM
I was at Goodman today. Eric Johnson #88 LU made some fabulous catches. 200+ yards. Perri threw for 424. I thought Colgate's QB looked very good. Big kid, very strong arm. Those in attendance were stunned by the ending. LU's lines were getting pounded all day long but held up when it counted. No way should a 2-game win-out save Gilmore. He needs to go........yesterday!

Go...gate
November 12th, 2022, 04:29 PM
If nothing else, if Fordham goes 9-2, they should get an at-large for how explosive their offense is. So much fun to watch.

Yes!

Go...gate
November 12th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Georgetown in free fall.

Bucknell 24
Georgetown 21
Final-Overtime

Wow. Seemed like you guys had that one.

Go...gate
November 12th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Lehigh 36 Colgate 33 Final

Whacky game between two struggling programs....

Colgate has some work to do.

Good luck next week against Lafayette.

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Colgate has some work to do.

Everybody in the Patriot League except Holy Cross and Fordham has some work to do.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2022, 06:12 PM
Lafayette was atrocious in the second half. The game was winnable in the first half. 14's throws were not on target and he had time to throw. Had the pleasure of making the trip to Fordham. Nice venue, but the game day atmosphere was terrible - the loudspeakers pointed towards the stands are blasted at 100 decibels. The trumpet song and Yankee Stadium ding-dong got really annoying, fast. And strange 90s playlist.

Fordham
November 12th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Lafayette was atrocious in the second half. The game was winnable in the first half. 14's throws were not on target and he had time to throw. Had the pleasure of making the trip to Fordham. Nice venue, but the game day atmosphere was terrible - the loudspeakers pointed towards the stands are blasted at 100 decibels. The trumpet song and Yankee Stadium ding-dong got really annoying, fast. And strange 90s playlist.
Hahaha. Funny how those things are so enjoyable when you’re winning.

I totally disagree about you guys being in it. 613 yards v 180. There really wasn’t a moment that was the case and the proof was the coaching decisions we made that gifted you the 10 points. We used our time outs with 2:30ish left in the half because we assume you’d get stopped and then your threw a Hail Mary down to our 20yd line or so (it was a nice catch v blanket coverage). We stuff you and you kick your FG.

Then, in the 3rd we go for it on 4th down in our territory and it’s a botched snap that gifts you guys the ball deep in our territory and that’s your only TD. There is zero chance we make those coaching decisions if the staff thought there was a sliver of a threat from you guys. Not trying to be disrespectful with that but had that conversation on the way out of the stadium

Overall I was impressed with Lafayette’s DL as well as some of their pass coverage, particularly #11. I also thought your QB is pretty good but can’t figure why they wouldn’t run him more since our DL absolutely abused your OL overall and having more of a threat from him to run would have likely made us change things up a bit. Very poor game called by your OC imo. Instead of running or throwing the middle crossing routes that seemed open against us all day, he just kept running up the middle and throwing the fly patterns out wide. Good and interesting D. Poor to mediocre O. But I think you guys are young and seem to have some players

CHIP72
November 12th, 2022, 07:00 PM
FWIW, I watched a good chunk of the Lafayette/Fordham game starting early in the 2nd quarter when the Rams led 10-0. I never felt the Leopards were truly in the game. That touchdown Fordham scored right before halftime after LC scored their first points of the game played a role in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ngineer
November 12th, 2022, 08:31 PM
I was at Goodman today and was stunned as to what occurred in the fourth quarter. It was almost as if someone from the Lehigh past was calling the plays as “Air Lehigh” materialized out of the mist. Eric Johnson had a great game and had some fantastic catches. This should be a good springboard for Laughyette. #158!!

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2022, 09:41 AM

Your first game there? I was thinking of dropping down from a CT biz trip for it but too much to do at home. I need to hit Fordham and Georgetown, as the only PL stadiums I havent been to.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2022, 09:44 AM
Hahaha. Funny how those things are so enjoyable when you’re winning.

I totally disagree about you guys being in it. 613 yards v 180. There really wasn’t a moment that was the case and the proof was the coaching decisions we made that gifted you the 10 points. We used our time outs with 2:30ish left in the half because we assume you’d get stopped and then your threw a Hail Mary down to our 20yd line or so (it was a nice catch v blanket coverage). We stuff you and you kick your FG.

Then, in the 3rd we go for it on 4th down in our territory and it’s a botched snap that gifts you guys the ball deep in our territory and that’s your only TD. There is zero chance we make those coaching decisions if the staff thought there was a sliver of a threat from you guys. Not trying to be disrespectful with that but had that conversation on the way out of the stadium

Overall I was impressed with Lafayette’s DL as well as some of their pass coverage, particularly #11. I also thought your QB is pretty good but can’t figure why they wouldn’t run him more since our DL absolutely abused your OL overall and having more of a threat from him to run would have likely made us change things up a bit. Very poor game called by your OC imo. Instead of running or throwing the middle crossing routes that seemed open against us all day, he just kept running up the middle and throwing the fly patterns out wide. Good and interesting D. Poor to mediocre O. But I think you guys are young and seem to have some players

Congrats on big win. We have rebuild to do of course. Good luck in playoffs...you deserve bid