PDA

View Full Version : Morgan St. wants DSU loss wiped out

Intrepid
October 26th, 2007, 06:44 AM
DOVER -- Morgan State officials have petitioned the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference to declare last Saturday's 25-17 loss to Delaware State a no-contest after the MEAC acknowledged game officials made two incorrect calls, including the denial of a fourth-quarter touchdown.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071026/SPORTS/710260373/1002/SPORTS

Big Dawg
October 26th, 2007, 07:04 AM
We all know that ain't gonna happen...but the call was bullisht. MEAC refs SUCK, always have and always will...

Big Dawg
October 26th, 2007, 07:08 AM
http://www.morganstatebears.com/images/foot/2007/10/21/Hmmmmm.jpg

eaglesrthe1
October 26th, 2007, 07:12 AM
When I looked at the fumble, it looked like the rb had crossed the goal line before fumbling. However, from the angle of the camera shot, it didn't look like irrefutable evidence that it was a bad call. Even if they had instant replay, I don't think the call would have been reversed at the time, unless there was another angle.

What was the second beef about?

bluehenbillk
October 26th, 2007, 07:15 AM
You wonder if SC State or Norfolk St wins the MEAC if this kills DSU with an at-large shot? Faint as it'd be for the MEAC to get 2 in anyway.

andy7171
October 26th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Morgan State has the absolute worst luck.

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 07:55 AM
There was no good angle on TV. Impossible for anyone but the players and officials to say if he was over.

henfan
October 26th, 2007, 08:21 AM
This whole 'debate' is ridiculous. The conference isn't going to overturn the call or declare the game a draw. Even if the MEAC implemented on-the-field video review during the game, there doesn't appear to even be conclusive evidence to indicate the wrong call was made on the fumble. I agree with 89Hen on this.

MSU had opportunities to win this game on the field and just didn't get it done. xsmhx

As for luck playing a role, I'd venture to say there isn't a team in all of the FCS more unlucky than DSU has been over the years. More often than not though, you create your own good luck.

MR. CHICKEN
October 26th, 2007, 08:32 AM
REMEMBERAH.....DUH 5th DOWN NEBRASKA.....OVERAH...MIZZOU?......IFIN' DAT DECISION WAS NEVERAH REVERSED.....SORRAH.....MO' BEARS....:(xbawlingx:(....BRAWK!

IT'S DUH CARDS YER DEALT.....xoopsx

ChickenMan
October 26th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I saw the replays and unless there are additional angels other than what was shown on TV.. there was.. in my opinion.. NO conclusive eveidence that the ball had crossed the goal-line prior to coming loose.

To ask for the outcome of the game to be altered is ridiculous.. this 'alleged' missed call was nowhere near as outrageous as the blown call in the Temple/UConn game earlier in this year. That call was obviously wrong and was confirmed as such.. by replays. That blown call was directly responsible for UConn winning the game.. however there was never any discussion relative to changing the outcome of the game.

LacesOut
October 26th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I saw the replays and unless there are additional angels other than what was shown on TV.. there was.. in my opinion.. NO conclusive eveidence that the ball had crossed the goal-line prior to coming loose.

To ask for the outcome of the game to be altered is ridiculous.. this 'alleged' missed call was nowhere near as outrageous as the blown call in the Temple/UConn game earlier in this year. That call was obviously wrong and was confirmed as such.. by replays. That blown call was directly responsible for UConn winning the game.. however there was never any discussion relative to changing the outcome of the game.

Agree completely with this.

Especially the blown call in the Temple game. Which was reviewed, and still blown by the upstairs refs.

andy7171
October 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Agree completely with this.

Especially the blown call in the Temple game. Which was reviewed, and still blown by the upstairs refs.

I like the combination of LacesOut's avatar and the repeated use of the word BLOWN. Keep up the good work! :)

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2007, 08:59 AM
This whole 'debate' is ridiculous. The conference isn't going to overturn the call or declare the game a draw. Even if the MEAC implemented on-the-field video review during the game, there doesn't appear to even be conclusive evidence to indicate the wrong call was made on the fumble. I agree with 89Hen on this.

MSU had opportunities to win this game on the field and just didn't get it done. xsmhx

As for luck playing a role, I'd venture to say there isn't a team in all of the FCS more unlucky than DSU has been over the years. More often than not though, you create your own good luck.

Excellent post!xnodx xthumbsupx

HIU 93
October 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
We all know that ain't gonna happen...but the call was bullisht. MEAC refs SUCK, always have and always will...

They haven't always. This crop is not very good, but the MEAC had very quality referrees in the not too distant past.

andy7171
October 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
They haven't always. This crop is not very good, but the MEAC had very quality referrees in the not too distant past.

Not only are they bad, but they are racist too. I can't even count the number of times the refs at Dover or down at Howard would call me a honkey. :D

LacesOut
October 26th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I like the combination of LacesOut's avatar and the repeated use of the word BLOWN. Keep up the good work! :)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good one man.

DSUHornet
October 26th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Morgan State has the absolute worst luck.

UM NO, HOW ABOUT THEY ARE JUST FRICKIN TERRIBLE.
I THINK BETHUNE COOKMAN CAN BEAT THEM (HAVE THEY? PROBABLY DID THIS SEASON OR LAST). DONT GET ME WRONG, IT WAS A CLOSE CALL BUT CLOSE CALLS HAVE TO GET MADE TOO. HE SHOULDA HELD ON TO THE BALL. THERE IS A 12% CHANCE (DONT ASK HOW I GET MY NUMBERS) THAT HE COULDA CROSSED THE GOAL LINE BEFORE FUMBLING BUT INSTEAD OF TAKING THAT CHANCE YOU LEARN HOW TO TUCK UP.

andy7171
October 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I THINK BETHUNE COOKMAN CAN BEAT THEM (HAVE THEY? PROBABLY DID THIS SEASON OR LAST). DONT GET ME WRONG, IT WAS A CLOSE CALL BUT CLOSE CALLS HAVE TO GET MADE TOO. HE SHOULDA HELD ON TO THE BALL. THERE IS A 12% CHANCE (DONT ASK HOW I GET MY NUMBERS) THAT HE COULDA CROSSED THE GOAL LINE BEFORE FUMBLING BUT INSTEAD OF TAKING THAT CHANCE YOU LEARN HOW TO TUCK UP.

OK OK. Jeeezz! You don't have to yell.

Petrie Dish
October 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM

How did you come up with 12%?

lizrdgizrd
October 26th, 2007, 09:57 AM
How did you come up with 12%?
It's science. xnodx

http://www.upforanything.net/poker/anchorman.jpg

Pauly LB
October 26th, 2007, 10:00 AM
OK -- go ahead and call the game a draw and go ahead and give them an automatic playoff berth, too... That would make up for the bad call.

PS -- has anyone seen the ad on TV where the referee admits over the stadium intercom that he has made a bad call and that he will give the other team a makeup call during the second half -- GREAT !!!

DSUHornet
October 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
It's science. xnodx

http://www.upforanything.net/poker/anchorman.jpg
xpeacex