PDA

View Full Version : WCU VS Wofford

Seven Would Be Nice
October 26th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I see the final score on ESPN... WHAT HAPPENED?!?!

I see that WCU came back... was this vs the 3rd string D or did Woffie drop the ball at the end of the game and allow them to come back? PLEASE FILL ME IN!!

UDBlueLotFan
October 26th, 2007, 05:58 AM
I was shocked also. While watching the VT game, the ESPN ticker showed WU up 21-0 in the 1st?

catamount man
October 26th, 2007, 06:07 AM
As always, WCU waits until halftime to show up.xsmhx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

terrierbob
October 26th, 2007, 07:22 AM
They outplayed us in the second until the last freakin' minute. We were up 34-3 at the half! I wasn't impressed with our backup QB, Widmeyer. We'll miss Colier this year.

terrierbob
October 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Over the last three games, WCU has scored 83 of its 96 points after halftime.

Cranium716
October 26th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I checked the box score on ESPN and saw a 70-9 run/pass ratio (88.6% run)...Is this for real? And if so, isn't that just a tad too reliant on the run? xeyebrowx

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I wasn't impressed with our backup QB, Widmeyer. We'll miss Colier this year.
Done for the year? xeyebrowx

BestOfBreed
October 26th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Done for the year? xeyebrowx

Nope. He meant we will miss him next year.

89Hen
October 26th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Nope. He meant we will miss him next year.
Ah. We caught a glimpse of the Hen back-up in the Monmouth game and we all felt the same way.

CID1990
October 26th, 2007, 08:28 AM
WCU did the same thing to us last week. They let us run all over them in the first three quarters, and then scored 21 in the fourth.

I said they were going to hurt somebody's feelings before the season was out... they almost did it twice. Who's left for them to play other than ASU?

OL FU
October 26th, 2007, 08:35 AM
WCU did the same thing to us last week. They let us run all over them in the first three quarters, and then scored 21 in the fourth.

I said they were going to hurt somebody's feelings before the season was out... they almost did it twice. Who's left for them to play other than ASU?

Usxeyebrowx xeekx

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2007, 08:46 AM
our last visit to Cullowhee wasn't exactly stellar. By that I mean it was the worst football I've ever seen us play.

flexbone
October 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM
the ESPN announcers were saying how Woffy's Coach was running up the score and kind of eluding to the fact that "thats not cool" to be doing. Hell, if they didn't score all they could in the 1st half and get the field goal right before halftime they could have LOST the game!!!!

terrierbob
October 26th, 2007, 08:58 AM
No sh#*!

Barnstormer
October 26th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Running up the score in the first half? Maybe if a team drops 50 on someone yeah, you have an arguement. But 34 points? No.

tdoggs22
October 26th, 2007, 09:04 AM
thank you for noting that. It is frustrating to hear people talk about running up the score concerning Wofford. It is not in the best interest of the program or coaching staff to do so, since i think the majority of the FCS followers percieve Wofford as a well-mannered institution. However, recent late game scoring flurries force the Terriers to pad leads. If you are a coach, and you have had a team come back from 4 scores in the last quarter of play, your instincts compel you to ensure that oppurtunity is never available again. It would not be fair to the team, or the fan base to have a coach let off the gas pedal, and allow a comeback late in the game. Our offense has a way of getting hot, but can also get just as cold. Lack of offensive production coupled with an opponents hot-hand late in the game spells come back. I think the coaching staff feels they must take advantage of a productive offense when available.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 26th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Running up the score in the first half? Maybe if a team drops 50 on someone yeah, you have an arguement. But 34 points? No.

Obviously these announcers haven't worked many SoCon games. xlolx xlolx

flexbone
October 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah it kinda got under my skin when they were saying it. I think Woffy had the back-up QB and others in the game when they said it. Its all subjective, as to what is running up the score, BUT if your opponent can't stop your 2nd or 3rd stringers - my take is it is NOT your problem. The 2's and 3's are trying to make a name for themselves and shouldn't be throttled down. You guys were using a lot of players, in no way did I see it as you were RUNNING UP THE SCORE.

dungeonjoe
October 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I checked the box score on ESPN and saw a 70-9 run/pass ratio (88.6% run)...Is this for real? And if so, isn't that just a tad too reliant on the run? xeyebrowx
Yes, it is. Wofford likes it so much that when a defense puts nine in the box, we do this thing called a "pass." It is the fourth option.

Seriously, the running game works for Wofford.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 26th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Did Wofford's backup QB play for the whole second half?

dungeonjoe
October 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Did Wofford's backup QB play for the whole second half?
no

citdog
October 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM
no

it was joe's ferverent praying that made wcu's onside kick attempt unsucessful!

dungeonjoe
October 26th, 2007, 10:28 AM
it was joe's ferverent praying that made wcu's onside kick attempt unsucessful!
Like so many of the penalties in that game, I'll bet any prayers that reached heaven were offsetting!

DotCat
October 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM
our last visit to Cullowhee wasn't exactly stellar. By that I mean it was the worst football I've ever seen us play.

Did somebody say Dingleberry Martin?

DotCat
October 28th, 2007, 10:26 PM
the ESPN announcers were saying how Woffy's Coach was running up the score and kind of eluding to the fact that "thats not cool" to be doing. Hell, if they didn't score all they could in the 1st half and get the field goal right before halftime they could have LOST the game!!!!

Those two announcer were terrible. Probably didn't know Cullowhee even exhisted until sometime Thursday.