PDA

View Full Version : Montana Kaimin Article on NDSU

Grizalltheway
October 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/sports/sports_article/the_rise_of_possible_rival_next_door/

Bisonforlife
October 25th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Nice article, I for one would love to see a Montana and North Dakota State game every year.xnodx

spelunker64
October 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM
xrulesx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Great article, I'm up for a Home-and-Home...

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
October 25th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Great article...I think a fresh rivalry would be good for both programs like the one Montana had with Idaho before they moved up. It wouldn't match brawl of the wild but would still be cool.

Go Bison
October 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM
A home and home agreement with a $500,000 buyout clause!

WestRiverBison
October 25th, 2007, 01:24 PM
A home and home agreement with a $500,000 buyout clause!

Bring it on! Maybe then "someone" won't backout.

Go Bison
October 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
On a more serious note, when NDSU moved up I think a lot of fans expected to see games against Montana and Montana State. It has been a bit disappointing that the only game played was at Montana State. It was a great game but the only one played so far.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Bring it on! Maybe then "someone" won't backout.

Oh good ..lookie here we have another Jerk off Bison fan trying to start **** when someone posts an article link that seemed pretty complimentary from the MT side of things. We never backed out of an agreement with NDSU. If you are crying for you little coffee clatch girlfriends don't worry about them they will be fine fighting their own battles. Try not to embarrass the good NDSU posters on AGS by casting about you're douchey attitude.

Ronin
October 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM
xrulesx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Great article, I'm up for a Home-and-Home...

Sounds like a great idea. Would give Montana some competition. xnodx

WestRiverBison
October 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Oh good ..lookie here we have another Jerk off Bison fan trying to start **** when someone posts an article link that seemed pretty complimentary from the MT side of things. We never backed out of an agreement with NDSU. If you are crying for you little coffee clatch girlfriends don't worry about them they will be fine fighting their own battles. Try not to embarrass the good NDSU posters on AGS by casting about you're douchey attitude.

Feeling a tad defensive today, are we?? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 25th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Feeling a tad defensive today, are we?? xlolx

Well, I guess maybe I am....but for the love of god it's the U of M school paper printing a complimentary article on the Bison and you start slinging' **** right off the bat.

BisonBacker
October 25th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I thought it was a very nice article and I would also like to see a home and home with either of the two Montana Schools.

WestRiverBison
October 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Well, I guess maybe I am....but for the love of god it's the U of M school paper printing a complimentary article on the Bison and you start slinging' **** right off the bat.

Things are getting easier for us to schedule as we move through the transtion but still is tricky. Having a prominent game scheduled gets us fans excited and then when the rug gets pulled it out, it not only disappoints us as the fans, but leaves a big hole in the schedule that often leads to last minute filling with whoever is left out there.

A Bison/Griz game would sell out almost immediately.

grizbeer
October 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Things are getting easier for us to schedule as we move through the transtion but still is tricky. Having a prominent game scheduled gets us fans excited and then when the rug gets pulled it out, it not only disappoints us as the fans, but leaves a big hole in the schedule that often leads to last minute filling with whoever is left out there.

A Bison/Griz game would sell out almost immediately.
Montana has never pulled the run out from under you, there was never a home and home between Montana and NDSU. There was never an agreement or implied expectation that Montana would play at NDSU.

stevdock
October 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
The home and home was with Montana St. which bought out the contract because they got a huge payday with Texas A&M. Who wouldn't do that?

WestRiverBison
October 25th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Montana has never pulled the run out from under you, there was never a home and home between Montana and NDSU. There was never an agreement or implied expectation that Montana would play at NDSU.

I realize that!

grizbeer
October 25th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I realize that!So why, in a thread about UM and NDSU, have you made 2 posts about backing out of playing NDSU?

WestRiverBison
October 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM
The home and home was with Montana St. which bought out the contract because they got a huge payday with Texas A&M. Who wouldn't do that?

I completely understand that, but it sucks when you put good faith in the fact that your travelling to their place will get some return on that investment beyond a small monetary buyout. As mentioned above, having a Montana State on the schedule gets people excited and fills an OOC slot very nicely often years before the game actually happens. Making the buyout higher helps keep you from getting dumped for the cuter girl right before the prom when you had the date planned well in advance! :D

WestRiverBison
October 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
So why, in a thread about UM and NDSU, have you made 2 posts about backing out of playing NDSU?

Where did I say Montana backed out of a game versus us? I was just speaking of backing out and being backed out in general terms and how it is hard to swallow. Not trying to get you riled up, seriously.

Thundar
October 25th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Very good article, and good luck to the Griz the rest of the yearxthumbsupx

putter
October 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Where did I say Montana backed out of a game versus us? I was just speaking of backing out and being backed out in general terms and how it is hard to swallow. Not trying to get you riled up, seriously.

I was under the impression that the two were trying to get the game rescheduled for 2008?

FargoBison
October 25th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I was under the impression that the two were trying to get the game rescheduled for 2008?

Thats what I heard last spring but since there has been no news. The only games I have heard regarding NDSU for next year are Northwestern State and Cent Conn St, Georgia Southern also might come to Fargo if the two can find a date to make it work.

Drblankstare
October 25th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Ahh the inevitable squabling contuines......

very nice article, i would love to see a regular bison v griz game, but im thinking we are going to have a pretty full plate in the gateway.