PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 10, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 12:22 PM
Picking nine games for this week's GOTW was a challenge, as most of the matchups appear pretty lopsided (at least on paper). This week appears to be the calm before the storm. However, most of the matchups listed have either at-large playoff implications (the playoffs have already started for UNI; which CAA team gets squeezed?), seed implications, auto-bid implications, and even in the SWAC game, there is the potential to see a team like A&M make the playoffs again. Of course, feel free to add your GOTW to the comments, and Happy Halloween!

#1 South Dakota State @ #27 Northern Iowa

#2 Sac State @ #5 Weber State

#17 New Hampshire @ #15 Richmond

Central Arkansas @ #28 Eastern Kentucky

#32 St. Thomas @ Valparaiso

Youngstown State @ #35 Illinois State

Abilene Christian @ Tarleton

Butler @ San Diego

Southern @ Florida A&M

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 12:24 PM
Oh, I did throw in the Tommies, just because I want to see if they can finish up as champs of the Pioneer, even though this one does not have playoff implications.

dewey
October 31st, 2022, 12:29 PM
Sacramento State vs Weber State for me. Top 5 match up.

Big game!

Dewey

POD Knows
October 31st, 2022, 12:31 PM

Big game!

DeweyYep, huge game with actual playoffs and seeding implications

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 12:33 PM

Big game!

Dewey

While I agree with this, can SDSU get the UNI monkey off its back? And if UNI makes the playoffs as a 7-4 team, despite all the b****ing that will occur, those same fan bases will not want to play them (nor should they).

crusader11
October 31st, 2022, 12:37 PM
UNH - Richmond because both clubs still need wins to make the playoffs.

Sac St and Weber are already in.

Chalupa Batman
October 31st, 2022, 05:27 PM
While I agree with this, can SDSU get the UNI monkey off its back? And if UNI makes the playoffs as a 7-4 team, despite all the b****ing that will occur, those same fan bases will not want to play them (nor should they).

SDSU seems to play better against UNI at Cedar Falls than they do in Brookings. But if the Panthers do win it just proves that Mark Farley is a vampire and next to impossible to kill.

ncspiderfan
October 31st, 2022, 05:39 PM
UNH - Richmond because both clubs still need wins to make the playoffs.

Sac St and Weber are already in.

Homered the pick for the exact same reason. Both need to win, and both face tough games next week.

wapiti
October 31st, 2022, 06:03 PM
A no brainer choice this week. Top 5 teams playing each other.

The Cats
October 31st, 2022, 07:00 PM
#2 Sac State @ #5 Weber State

taper
October 31st, 2022, 07:13 PM
Sac St @ Weber for sure. Winner is a seed, loser isn't.

crusader11
October 31st, 2022, 07:21 PM
A one loss Sac St team where there only loss is to Weber isn’t a seed? Disagree.

Gil Dobie
October 31st, 2022, 07:25 PM
Sac v Weber

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2022, 07:26 PM
Went with Weber State vs Sac State since it's two top 5 teams....

However, with UNI playing better their game against SDSU is all of a sudden pretty intriguing. Also in the MVFC YSU and Illinois State is an at-large bid elimination game.

UNH and Richmond is enticing yet seems like just another CAA game that will lead to more confusion and less clarity....

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2022, 10:14 PM
SDSU seems to play better against UNI at Cedar Falls than they do in Brookings. But if the Panthers do win it just proves that Mark Farley is a vampire and next to impossible to kill.

UNI is a team that I respect the heck out of and always worry about playing, no matter what the year. I would go as far as to say they had a very significant role in making the Bison what they are today. If clenz is right about their offense, and their defense gets back close to where it has usually been, they can beat anyone, and if they make the playoffs, they will be a tough out. They are my favorite team that the Bison play (was very disappointed to not play them this year), because you know the game is going to be an absolute battle. Everyone knows this, and it is exactly why year after year, they are ranked, even with a win-loss record that some outside the MVFC scoff at. If voters didn’t know this, they wouldn’t get that respect, ranking, or at-large bid. THAT is the respect that a consistently hard nosed team earns, and UNI is that team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
October 31st, 2022, 10:45 PM
A one loss Sac St team where there only loss is to Weber isn’t a seed? Disagree.

Same here. Sac would have to lose twice to even flirt with not getting a seed, IMO.

A 2-loss Weber could certainly get one, too.