PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 SOUTHLAND Conference Pick ‘em

McCowboys
October 31st, 2022, 06:39 AM
Week 10 SOUTHLAND Conference Pick ‘em
No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners. I hope to have a poll, but if not, just copy and paste and bold your selections.

Seven SLC teams are in action in week #10, three contests are conference matchups. Nicholls takes a break, while McNeese hosts the OVC Eastern Illinois Panthers.
The Demons of Northwestern State remain atop the SLC standings with a 3-0 record, but now face the toughest part of their conference schedule, beginning this week at Commerce, who suffered its first loss to UIW.
HCU heads to UIW. SLU, who barely escaped struggling McNeese, travels west on I-10 again and will face Lamar who is celebrating its first victory, a conference win over Nicholls.
Two underperforming teams, EIU and McNeese, meet in Lake Charles. Can the close loss with SLU give the Cowboys confidence in their remaining games?
Here are the matchups for this week.

Northwestern State at Texas A&M University - Commerce 11/5/2022 2:00 PM
HCU at UIW 11/5/2022 2:00 PM
Southeastern at Lamar 11/5/2022 3:00 PM
Eastern Illinois at McNeese 11/5/2022 7:00 PM

McNeese72
October 31st, 2022, 10:17 AM
34-22 for the season. Putting that here so I will know because I'll forget what it is if I don't.

After what I saw last week against SLU, I am picking McNeese this week. I think they finally have a good chance to breakout this week and get the W.

Doc

McCowboys
October 31st, 2022, 10:42 AM
34-22 for the season. Putting that here so I will know because I'll forget what it is if I don't.

After what I saw last week against SLU, I am picking McNeese this week. I think they finally have a good chance to breakout this week and get the W.

Doc

I am thinking the same thing. Maybe that game against SLU gave them some confidence, and another week of practice with Walker Wood ought to help. But I just can't figure SLU out. Yes, the beat McNeese, but I'm not real impressed. Where was the team that pounded Jacksonville State? The Lions seem to be real up and down. They had better get ready or Lamar just might surprise them.

lionsrking2
October 31st, 2022, 11:09 AM
I am thinking the same thing. Maybe that game against SLU gave them some confidence, and another week of practice with Walker Wood ought to help. But I just can't figure SLU out. Yes, the beat McNeese, but I'm not real impressed. Where was the team that pounded Jacksonville State? The Lions seem to be real up and down. They had better get ready or Lamar just might surprise them.
You shouldn’t have been impressed because there was nothing impressive about it. But, it was a win and we came out relatively healthy, which was the goal after a physical road game vs JSU.

McCowboys
October 31st, 2022, 07:47 PM
You shouldn’t have been impressed because there was nothing impressive about it. But, it was a win and we came out relatively healthy, which was the goal after a physical road game vs JSU.

Jekyll/Hyde - up and down. Not good for a veteran team. Yeah, you slipped by the lowly Cowboys thanks to a bobbled snap on a conversion. The Lions had better watch out for Lamar.

Daytripper
October 31st, 2022, 08:13 PM
Jekyll/Hyde - up and down. Not good for a veteran team. Yeah, you slipped by the lowly Cowboys thanks to a bobbled snap on a conversion. The Lions had better watch out for Lamar.

xrolleyesx

Puddin Tane
October 31st, 2022, 08:22 PM

hahahahahaaaa

lionsrking2
October 31st, 2022, 10:18 PM
Yeah but we did slip by which is all that matters this time of year. Have to watch out for everybody. We’ll be fine.

McCowboys
November 1st, 2022, 06:08 AM
Yeah but we did slip by which is all that matters this time of year. Have to watch out for everybody. We’ll be fine.

I do hope, for your sake, the Lions can play better because if they make the playoffs and perform against some of the other teams like they did Saturday, it will not be pretty. McNeese was playing a QB who hadn't played quarterback in a couple of years and so much of the McNeese team on the field were true freshman. Commerce and UIW stomped McNeese.

McNeese lost a close game to Nicholls. Lamar beat Nicholls. Now SLU gets to make the trek across I-10 to the Cardinals nest.

lionsrking2
November 1st, 2022, 02:51 PM
I do hope, for your sake, the Lions can play better because if they make the playoffs and perform against some of the other teams like they did Saturday, it will not be pretty. McNeese was playing a QB who hadn't played quarterback in a couple of years and so much of the McNeese team on the field were true freshman. Commerce and UIW stomped McNeese.

McNeese lost a close game to Nicholls. Lamar beat Nicholls. Now SLU gets to make the trek across I-10 to the Cardinals nest.
100% agree, if we play like that against anybody resembling a playoff team, we’ll be done. But I don’t anticipate us playing that way against a quality oppnonent. Kids are human and it’s certainly possible but I expect we’ll rise to the moment as we did against UIW and JSU. It’s hard to get amped for everybody on the schedule.

McCowboys
November 3rd, 2022, 05:31 AM
hahahahahaaaa

What are you laughing about? I'm trying to put some pressure on the SLU Lions, put some doubt in their minds. The Cards are on a roll....

McCowboys
November 4th, 2022, 05:47 AM
You have about 24 hours to vote in this poll.

McNeese72
November 6th, 2022, 07:35 PM

Doc

Went 3-1 this week, so now I am at 37-23 for the season.

Doc

McCowboys
November 7th, 2022, 06:49 AM
Went 3-1 this week, so now I am at 37-23 for the season.

Doc

Not bad. I don't know how Puddin Tame and Spread the Word are doing, but I would imagine they are doing well. Northwestern State, since the first two weeks of the season, has been no friend to me and my picks.
Big game in Hammond USA this weekend!