PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 10

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2022, 10:22 PM
All seven teams in action, although the league title is likely settled.

Lehigh (1-7) at Holy Cross (8-0), 12 noon
St. Francis (6-2) at Georgetown (2-6), 12:30 pm
Lafayette (2-6) at Colgate (3-5), 1:00 pm
Fordham (6-2) at Bucknell (1-7), 1:00 pm

NY Crusader 2010
October 30th, 2022, 12:33 AM
All seven teams in action, although the league title is likely settled.

Holy Cross 37 Lehigh 14
St. Francis 34 Georgetown 20
Colgate 20 Lafayette 17
Fordham 80 Bucknell 21

UNHWildcat18
October 30th, 2022, 01:54 AM
Holy Cross 65 Lehigh 3- someone asked me how Gilmore is still coaching, I said Gilmore (and Lehigh's administration) have smooth brains, it's comical at this point. If I were a Lehigh fan traveling to this game. I'd just go to Tree House Brewery down the road instead xdrunkyx
St Francis 28 Georgetown 17- St.Francis is going to be the NEC champs... they cant lose this, right?
Colgate 20 Lafayette 14- Colgate in a tight game
Fordham 59 Bucknell 17- Fordham takes anger out on Bucknell

bonarae
October 30th, 2022, 02:05 AM
Holy Cross
Red Flash
'Gate
Fordham

Only two teams (Fordham and HC) are relevant in the PL in this decade. The rest, they're better off starting over... xcoffeex

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2022, 06:50 AM
Holy Cross
St. Francis
Colgate
Fordham

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2022, 07:26 AM
No one has the Pards this week?

DFW HOYA
October 30th, 2022, 09:00 AM

If they start Montie, they probably have a chance. Lafayette arrived a quarter late to this week's game.

The Cats
October 30th, 2022, 01:01 PM

NY Crusader 2010
October 31st, 2022, 02:13 PM

I think Lafayette-Colgate will take the torch from HC-Fordham and be Week 10 PL "Game of the Week". Lafayette will be hungry to bounce back from an awful home loss and prove that the HC game wasn't a fluke. I picked 'Gate to win a close one at home. IMO, they're the "best of the rest" after Holy Cross and Fordham. Had HC lost to Fordham, I think Colgate would've had more motivation given that they'd be in the hunt for a 3-way tie if they could win out -- they beat Fordham last year so such a finish would not have been impossible.

ngineer
October 31st, 2022, 03:35 PM
G'town can't hide anymore! A chance to get a winning streak going with the Red Flashes!....Nah, but I do think they will be competitive and give SFU a scare. SFU 31-24

The frozen tundra is not the place to go lick one's wounds after a shocking loss. Leotards like too impressed with the closeness of their loss to the Crusaders and now facing a truth or consequences time as to who they really are. Raiders will be sensing a shot at a winning season (and outside shot of a co-championship)...something to play for. Colgate 31-20.

The classic trap game for the Rams. Will they be down in the doldrums over their epic loss in OT, or do they come out with a vengeance? May start slow, but the Ram "O" is just too good not to score. Unless there are a score of turnovers, the Rams gore Bucky, 45-14.

Speaking of trap games, 'Saders might remember the close game they had with Lehigh last year in Bethlehem, but their schedule would "appear" to be all downhill at this point. In the meantime, Lehigh has had a week off to contemplate its navel. Have they cleaned out the lint, or have they performed the necessary gut-check to finish the season with some pride? Rumors floating in the Lehigh Valley regarding the need for change, but no indication that any is forthcoming. In year's past, many Lehigh faithful would make the trek from the Lehigh Valley and alums from Boston area. Doubtful much a contingent will make the schlep to Woostah. Moreover, Lehigh now without its "hope for the future", freshman QB Silbor, who suffered a severe injury to his non-throwing arm against Bucknell and is out for the season. Would have been nice to hand over the controls, now, and see what he can do...See you in September, hopefully. Lehigh might shock and the world and try some imaginative plays the catch the 'saders by surprise, but this could be a blowout, more likely. Holy Cross 41-19.

NY Crusader 2010
November 1st, 2022, 06:39 AM
G'town can't hide anymore! A chance to get a winning streak going with the Red Flashes!....Nah, but I do think they will be competitive and give SFU a scare. SFU 31-24

The frozen tundra is not the place to go lick one's wounds after a shocking loss. Leotards like too impressed with the closeness of their loss to the Crusaders and now facing a truth or consequences time as to who they really are. Raiders will be sensing a shot at a winning season (and outside shot of a co-championship)...something to play for. Colgate 31-20.

The classic trap game for the Rams. Will they be down in the doldrums over their epic loss in OT, or do they come out with a vengeance? May start slow, but the Ram "O" is just too good not to score. Unless there are a score of turnovers, the Rams gore Bucky, 45-14.

Speaking of trap games, 'Saders might remember the close game they had with Lehigh last year in Bethlehem, but their schedule would "appear" to be all downhill at this point. In the meantime, Lehigh has had a week off to contemplate its navel. Have they cleaned out the lint, or have they performed the necessary gut-check to finish the season with some pride? Rumors floating in the Lehigh Valley regarding the need for change, but no indication that any is forthcoming. In year's past, many Lehigh faithful would make the trek from the Lehigh Valley and alums from Boston area. Doubtful much a contingent will make the schlep to Woostah. Moreover, Lehigh now without its "hope for the future", freshman QB Silbor, who suffered a severe injury to his non-throwing arm against Bucknell and is out for the season. Would have been nice to hand over the controls, now, and see what he can do...See you in September, hopefully. Lehigh might shock and the world and try some imaginative plays the catch the 'saders by surprise, but this could be a blowout, more likely. Holy Cross 41-19.

I don't think we'll have too much of a problem with Lehigh this year, with the clinching of the auto-bid on the line at home. Lehigh at this point last year had some momentum going after their offense suddenly found itself against Fordham in that near-upset.

Holy Cross' "trap game" will be Bryant. Saying it now. If HC comes into that game complacent, or our offense starts slow that day, we're going to have a big problem. And that game counts for us since we'll need to be perfect to maintain a Top 8 seed.

TheValleyRaider
November 2nd, 2022, 06:04 PM
Coming into last week I started having the feeling that maybe the PL was getting a bit too predictable. That we were all doing fairly well because, let's be honest, there weren't too many surprises when it came to results. And then, as always, Lafayette goes and does something unexpected. That knocked me down to 2-1 for last week (okay, things still feel pretty predictable), 35-9 on the season.

Lehigh at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders survived their last big challenge in the League, and now it's a question of clinching. My liberal-arts-major-math skills say that a victory over the Hawks gives them the trophy. If that is the case (and I'm pretty sure it is), hard to see Lehigh mounting a serious challenge in Worcester. The Crusaders have been on a mission all year, not going to slip up here.

Saint Francis at Georgetown Saint Francis Good on the Hoyas for grabbing a League win, and they'll celebrate with an out-of-conference opponent (it's a seven-team league, we're still doing those in November). The Red Flash have six straight wins after an 0-2 start against FBS and CAA opposition. The Hoyas are 0-1 against similar opposition (a CAA team, at least). If they could keep this game close, they might have the moxie to pull it out. Of course, that would mean keeping it close, which I'm not sure I expect to happen.

Lafayette at Colgate Colgate Between 1988-1995, the Leopards went 6-1-1 against Colgate. They have 5 wins against Colgate since then. It wouldn't surprise me if this looks a lot like last week's Bucknell game, where their defense keeps things looking close, though I feel I should never be surprised by anything Lafayette does. Except when the beat Colgate.

Fordham at Bucknell Fordham How long this game stays close is probably a reflection of how the Rams are bouncing back mentally from last week's defeat. On the bright side for them, the Bison are not coming back from a deficit of any kind, so getting an early lead should put things away early. If they can't do that, though, this defense can keep things ugly, for a while at least.

ngineer
November 4th, 2022, 11:21 AM
Will Laughyette go with the Full Monte??

RichH2
November 4th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Holy Cross
SFU
Gate.
Fordham
Thankful that wrestling and Bball start now.

ngineer
November 4th, 2022, 05:57 PM
Holy Cross
SFU
Gate.
Fordham
Thankful that wrestling and Bball start now.
AMEN!!

Wrestling in preseason TOP 20, and Bball preseason #3 in the PL, with glowing reports on some freshmen who should be seeing action. Women's Bball will be interesting as well with the new HC. They have been competitive for awhile. I cannot recall ever looking forward to the end of the football season. It has been painful.

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2022, 06:08 PM
In 21 years of following PL football online, there is less interest across the board (esp. south of Worcester) than there has ever been.

Without substantive change, at least half the league enters 2023 with no real hope of being competitive.

ngineer
November 4th, 2022, 07:06 PM
In 21 years of following PL football online, there is less interest across the board (esp. south of Worcester) than there has ever been.

Without substantive change, at least half the league enters 2023 with no real hope of being competitive.

So true. The PL needs to make some changes, or change its philosophy on football.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2022, 07:32 PM
First 'show-me' game of the Troxell era. Must rebound from a disasterous loss.

crusader11
November 4th, 2022, 08:11 PM
Absolutely zero juice. Such a shame. How do we get the L schools back? Colgate, too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2022, 08:17 PM
Absolutely zero juice. Such a shame. How do we get the L schools back? Colgate, too.

We will know in a couple of weeks where Lehigh stands on football. If Gilmore returns it is a clear indication Sterrett and/or the administration are not interested in a competitive football program. With that said, I see no way in hell he comes back given the absolute disaster he has been in all respects which has resulted in an uproar among alums/fans/former players.

There are currently 3 proven coaches within an hour drive of Lehigh. If Lehigh hires one of those 3 i anticipate a quick turnaround.

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2022, 08:36 PM
There are currently 3 proven coaches within an hour drive of Lehigh. If Lehigh hires one of those 3 i anticipate a quick turnaround.

Would Lehigh look beyond the proverbial one hour radius? PL and Ivy schools are generally too parochial in their searches. If the best candidate is an assistant at Purdue or the head coach at Davidson, they're still the best candidate.

Leopard Loyalist
November 4th, 2022, 08:59 PM
This feels like going through the motions. Lafayette and Colgate game is likely the closest contest. But we almost never play well in Hamilton. Then again, we are so wildly inconsistent, it's hard to predict what will happenl

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2022, 06:32 AM
First 'show-me' game of the Troxell era. Must rebound from a disasterous loss.

Exactly...a huge game IMO. If we lose at Hamilton today, at best three wins (assuming Fordham loss). Im not in Hamilton as I dont want to ruin my 1-0 record there (2014 game). Dude Eli needs to have another outstanding game. Come on # 86

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2022, 06:35 AM
If they start Montie, they probably have a chance. Lafayette arrived a quarter late to this week's game.

I didnt watch after it was 30-14. Was it Monte or prevent D/2nd stringers?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Fordham 52 Bucknell 17
Colgate 17 Lafayette 13
St. Francis 45 Georgetown 31
Holy Cross 51 Lehigh 20

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:04 AM
Lehigh and Holy Cross about to kick off. Can we officially start the countdown to the "End of Gilmore"?

I am posting from Junction City, KS this morning. Heading over to Manhattan for the Texas at K-State game later this afternoon......

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:29 AM
TD Crusaders! Let the ass kicking commence!

HC 7-0 6:00 1Q

The most intriguing aspect of this game is figuring out why Holy Cross's ranking is in quotation marks? "6" Holy Cross....are they really stressing the objective nature of college football polls? xrotatehx xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Lehigh punt returner muffs a punt, balls goes into the end zone, looks like HC player has possession for a TD but a Lehigh player strips the ball when the two are on the ground. Refs call it a touch back. Awful play by the Lehigh returner but I think they're going to benefit by starting at the 20....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Holy Cross 7 Lehigh 0 End 1Q

The Crusaders have dominated in every fashion yet it's only 7-0. Lehigh really got lucky on that punt. The returner looked like he either lost the ball in the sun or was actually afraid of it...

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Lehigh and Holy Cross about to kick off. Can we officially start the countdown to the "End of Gilmore"?

I am posting from Junction City, KS this morning. Heading over to Manhattan for the Texas at K-State game later this afternoon......

There is no plausible scenario that brings Gilmore back to Bethlehem next year as HC. Even if Lehigh erases the current 7-0 deficit in Worcester and goes on to stun Holy Cross today AND win out, he won't be back.

Chances are he's done as a college head coach...tons to be proud of as DC at Lehigh and head guy at Holy Cross earlier this century. I'll be rooting for him to close out his career with a huge win over Lafayette in 3 weeks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:52 AM
When this gets out of hand I can unfortunately see Lehigh resorting to some unsavory tactics given their leadership.....

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 11:53 AM
LU offense is beyond pathetic. My God...........

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:54 AM
LU offense is beyond pathetic. My God...........

The Gilmore-Brisson combo is beyond pathetic. Neither man should be anywhere near a Division 1 football program. Losers....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:55 AM
Lehigh's defense not ready on a 3rd down, easy conversion...lol..1 play later TD HC!!

HC 14-0 9:30 2Q

Why Gilmore and Brisson were not let go after Bucknell is beyond me. The players deserve better....

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 11:59 AM
It's sad when I hope my teams gets slaughtered in hopes of making it impossible to keep this incompetent staff. I'll even route for Pard's this year.

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Lehigh's defense not ready on a 3rd down, easy conversion...lol..1 play later TD HC!!

HC 14-0 9:30 2Q

Why Gilmore and Brisson were not let go after Bucknell is beyond me. The players deserve better....

I don't see a mid-season firing taking place. Absolutely puzzlingly horrendous hire, contract coming to a close. Move on after the season and start re-building Lehigh football from the bottom up.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 12:02 PM
There is no plausible scenario that brings Gilmore back to Bethlehem next year as HC. Even if Lehigh erases the current 7-0 deficit in Worcester
and goes on to stun Holy Cross today AND win out, he won't be back.

Of course there is -- choose one: a) hey can't afford the buyout, b) Sterrett gives him one year to wrap up, c) hires a coach in waiting, or d) just they can't find anyone better right now. It's the Dave Cecchini scenario.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Wow! Players making plays for Lehigh, ends with a 4th and 8 TD pass and catch. That might have been the best offensive play all season! This next possession will be interesting....

HC 14-7 5:24 2Q

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Weel, shutout avoided!

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 12:08 PM
While it feels very one sided, we have a game right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course there is -- choose one: a) hey can't afford the buyout, b) Sterrett gives him one year to wrap up, c) hires a coach in waiting, or d) just they can't find anyone better right now. It's the Dave Cecchini scenario.

Isn't his contract up?

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 12:10 PM
St. Francis 0
Georgetown 14
End 1st

Red Flash have one first down in four series.

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 12:13 PM
St. Francis 0
Georgetown 14
End 1st

LETS GO

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:18 PM
St. Francis 0
Georgetown 14
End 1st

Wow! Keep it going!!

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Wow! Keep it going!!

Before the game, the SF head coach benched their QB who threw five TD's last week. The backup is not very good.

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 12:23 PM
LU has a 3/13 and they run up the gut for nothing. WTF!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:24 PM

The genius of Brisson. The offense is just dreadful. HC can sleep walk to a 2-3 TD win...

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 12:25 PM

Horrendous play call unless you were planning on going for it on 4th down. Like total head scratcher.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:27 PM
LOL....the penalties are just egregious at this point. Especially after the Bucknell debacle. This is jr high level stuff here....

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 12:27 PM
Total trainwreck at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:28 PM
Holy Cross should be embarrassing them at this point. Lehigh is just puking on themselves over and over....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Sluka with the okey-doke! Nice run!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:33 PM
TD Crusaders! Nice drive after a litany of Lehigh mistakes....

HC 21-7 0:11 2Q

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 12:34 PM
Sluka can bake a cake in the pocket. Total ****show. Gilmore should just board the bus at halftime.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:35 PM
Georgetown 14 St. Francis 7 10:35 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Lehigh
5 First Downs
128 Total Yards (half coming on two plays)
8 penalties for 70 yards....in the first half!!!!

Junk....

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Penalties result of poor discipline
Poor discipline result of poor coaching
Poor coaching result of LU making a poor choice for HC
Pretty simple, really

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:02 PM
Wow, Lehigh strikes early in the second half! What the heck happened? I was watching Kennesaw vs UTM....

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 01:03 PM
St. Francis 14
Georgetown 21
Halftime

Holley 16-25, 240 yds. Hoyas 1 of 4 on 4th downs in SF territory, so it could be better.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:08 PM
Amazingly, Lehigh has the ball, and 95 yards to go, yet still a chance to tie this game in the second after several mistakes. If I am a HC fan, this isn't a good look imo with the playoffs looming...

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Wow, Lehigh strikes early in the second half! What the heck happened? I was watching Kennesaw vs UTM....

Poor tackling by HC on the LU TD

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:17 PM
TD Crusaders....made it look easy...

HC 28 Lehigh 14 9:15 3Q

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 01:18 PM
TD HC after a poor punt. HC just too talented. So many weapons. The O-line is dominant.

downbythebeach
November 5th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Before the game, the SF head coach benched their QB who threw five TD's last week. The backup is not very good.

I feel bad for him. He’s a Pitt transfer and was a big recruit out of HS. I bet he would be the starter at RMU and Duquesne.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Fordham 17 Bucknell 3 2:1 2Q
Lafayette 14 Colgate 10 6:29 2Q

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 01:22 PM
LU moving the ball, then fumbled. HC can close it out here

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:24 PM
The skies have opened up in Worcester. Raining sideways....yuck....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:28 PM
If Sluka had a chance to play a full game he could rush for 200 yards. He likely gets pulled "soon"?

HC 35 Lehigh 14 3:24 3Q

Franks Tanks
November 5th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Leopards 21-10. 3 points away from their season high, and I recall they had a defensive TD against Bucknell.

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Goodnight LU. Game over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Leopards 21-10. 3 points away from their season high, and I recall they had a defensive TD against Bucknell.

Georgetown's play this week puts last week's loss into perspective. This would be a nice win for Lafayette. Conversely, not so good for 'Gate....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Lehigh will start the 4Q 1st and goal from the HC 2. This is honestly the best Lehigh's offense has looked all year. They moved the ball against Cornell but couldn't score. Crusaders definitely have an issue on that side of the ball when it comes to advancing in the playoffs.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Whelp, 1st and goal from the 2 nets Lehigh zero points. That's a lot like the Cornell game. My goodness.....

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Hoyas' defense returning to form.

St. Francis 28
Georgetown 21
6:27 3rd

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Brisson is a total moron. 1st down at the one and they can't score. Why on earth have teams given up on QB under center and 2 backs in the I? Came away with nothing. I'll give Perri credit for being tough, but his QB skills are non-existent.

downbythebeach
November 5th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Gtown just got screwed by the refs on a fumble. I don’t think anyone in the stadium outside of the refs thought that was a fumble.

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Lehigh will start the 4Q 1st and goal from the HC 2. This is honestly the best Lehigh's offense has looked all year. They moved the ball against Cornell but couldn't score. Crusaders definitely have an issue on that side of the ball when it comes to advancing in the playoffs.....

You're absolutely right unfortunately. We're a very good team, not an FCS nationally elite team IMO. But we'll be in the playoffs and the games will be played.

Bryant scares me.

HC showing the fight of a championship team though, big 4 down stop at the 2 and then a 98 yard drive to start the coronation.

crusader11
November 5th, 2022, 02:03 PM
HC is just a tick below the top tier of the FCS. We might not be saying that if Dobbs was in the middle of the defense. That said, looking like an 11-0 season, first round bye, and a home win from advancing to the final eight teams in the country.

Dante Peri is a thoroughly average quarterback. Was it LFN who said he was the second best QB in the PL?

crusader11
November 5th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Bryant scares me.

Agree. Don't know why, but this game petrifies me. A loss here and there goes a shot at a seed.

If there's such thing as being a good 2-6 team, Bryant is just that.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 02:05 PM
Gtown just got screwed by the refs on a fumble. I don’t think anyone in the stadium outside of the refs thought that was a fumble.

Overall, Georgetown's pass defense getting exposed again--SF has scored on six of last eight possessions. Good second half adjustments by Villarrial.

St. Francis 38
Georgetown 21
1:43 3rd

Southsider
November 5th, 2022, 02:07 PM
HC is just a tick below the top tier of the FCS. We might not be saying that if Dobbs was in the middle of the defense. That said, looking like an 11-0 season, first round bye, and a home win from advancing to the final eight teams in the country.

Dante Peri is a thoroughly average quarterback. Was it LFN who said he was the second best QB in the PL?

LFN only has one pair of glasses. The rosy ones. Local high school QB's in the Lehigh Valley have more talent than Perri.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 02:08 PM

The draw is really everything in terms of match-up/chance to advance. Colgate was "less than" on offense in 2018 but absolutely elite on defense. Unfortunately, having to play NDSU in Fargo was a death sentence. I think the Crusader's defense this is year is similar to Gate's offense in 2018 in that it can be masked even against top-shelf teams but having to play NDSU, SDSU, Montana State or maybe Sac State will be big trouble. Maybe someone can clear the path some....

I don't think anyone takes LFN seriously....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Holy Cross 42 Lehigh 14 Final

Better be down to the last 120 minutes of the Gilmore Era.....

As for HC, fitting the complete the 4-peat against Lehigh. It needs to be said, Lehigh accomplished it back in the late 90's, early 00's by producing 3, THREE, undefeated regular seasons under 2 different coaches. Think about that.....

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Gilmore's contract is up, right? Isn't this Year 4?

If he somehow has a year left, Lehigh really needs to buy him out at this point. Thanks for the memories, thanks for everything you've done for Lehigh, Holy Cross and the PL. And time to move on. Need a league with more than 2 good teams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Gilmore's contract is up, right? Isn't this Year 4?

Contract status should not matter at this point. He is a program cancer. The players deserve better leadership, a chance to succeed. The institution owes them so much....

Lafayette 21 Colgate 10 8:40 3Q
Fordham 31 Bucknell 10 10:32 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 02:45 PM
My last update before I head to the Texas at K-State game....

St. Francis 38 Georgetown 24 7:39 4Q
Fordham 31 Bucknell 10 End 3Q
Lafayette 21 Colgate 16 12:46 4Q

fillfittonfield
November 5th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Random comment. Don’t know where else to put this.

The Colgate FB ESPN + broadcasts/productions have been absolutely atrocious this year.

I’m a nice guy and generally refrain from criticism or complaining regarding this stuff. But this is embarrassing for both Colgate and the PL.

The fans deserve better.

Would appreciate hearing anyone who else’s perspective on this.

Fordham
November 5th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Random comment. Don’t know where else to put this.

The Colgate FB ESPN + broadcasts/productions have been absolutely atrocious this year.

I’m a nice guy and generally refrain from criticism or complaining regarding this stuff. But this is embarrassing for both Colgate and the PL.

The fans deserve better.

Would appreciate hearing anyone who else’s perspective on this.

Ha, we haven’t played them yet but I’ll report back in a few weeks . Amazingly, I have never in all my years of fandom heard an announcer as bad in terms of being an unmitigated homer than the Bucknell guy today. He truly is the single worst announcer I’ve ever heard. Looking forward to comparing him to the Colgate guys in a few weeks!

Final score:

Fordham 59
Bucknell 17

crusader11
November 5th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Does Birdsong use “bingo” in football or is that just reserved to a three-point make for Bucknell in basketball?

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Birdsong moves to Eagle 107 next week as 1-8 Bucknell travels to 2-7 Georgetown to play for the Arthur Rothkopf Trophy.

Just kidding.

fillfittonfield
November 5th, 2022, 04:31 PM
I hear you.

My focus is on the actual game production (e.g. camera position/angles, replays, etc).

Not trying to pick on Colgate, as they are a great PL institution that has a strong history of academic and athletic excellence. I greatly respect the school. But it’s embarrassing how poor their ESPN production has become. They can do better and should do better. For the sake of all PL fans, I hope they step it up.

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2022, 05:39 PM
Pards win 21-16

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2022, 06:09 PM
I had no idea but just read our senior WR Joe Gillette had cancer treatments at Cleveland Clinic this past summer. Prayers for him, family, friends and teammates.

BNiche
November 5th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Ha, we haven’t played them yet but I’ll report back in a few weeks . Amazingly, I have never in all my years of fandom heard an announcer as bad in terms of being an unmitigated homer than the Bucknell guy today. He truly is the single worst announcer I’ve ever heard. Looking forward to comparing him to the Colgate guys in a few weeks!

Final score:

Fordham 59
Bucknell 17

Can't mention the announcer without mentioning the shoddy camera work most of the game. Whiplash on every other play.

Leopard Loyalist
November 5th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Colgate camerawork dreadful. Only full-field shots. No ability for replay to get a second look at things.

Gater
November 5th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Colgate's TV production is poor. I think the announcers are good--they are honest in terms of calling out when they think Colgate has gotten away with a hold, etc. The way the broadcasts are directed is at a high school level. Replays have disappeared--even when plays are being reviewed by officials and there is ample time to cut to them. In terms of coming out of commercial breaks, they typically miss at least two kickoffs and a few first down plays a game. They missed a TD in today's game. Camera operators rarely have long passes in shot. A good play action always leaves the cameraperson following the runner--with no replay of what happened with the actual throw. There is a nothing but a hint of crowd noise, so any game excitement is in no way transmitted to the audience. The Lafayette broadcast seems to be the best in terms of feeling like an actual college game. The Bucknell announcers continually blow out their microphones. An actual producer could show them how to position microphones so that didn't continually happen. It's great that all of the games are on ESPN +, but it's such a missed opportunity to have the productions (especially Colgate's) being so craptastic.

fillfittonfield
November 5th, 2022, 07:18 PM
Colgate's TV production is poor. I think the announcers are good--they are honest in terms of calling out when they think Colgate has gotten away with a hold, etc. The way the broadcasts are directed is at a high school level. Replays have disappeared--even when plays are being reviewed by officials and there is ample time to cut to them. In terms of coming out of commercial breaks, they typically miss at least two kickoffs and a few first down plays a game. They missed a TD in today's game. Camera operators rarely have long passes in shot. A good play action always leaves the cameraperson following the runner--with no replay of what happened with the actual throw. There is a nothing but a hint of crowd noise, so any game excitement is in no way transmitted to the audience. The Lafayette broadcast seems to be the best in terms of feeling like an actual college game. The Bucknell announcers continually blow out their microphones. An actual producer could show them how to position microphones so that didn't continually happen. It's great that all of the games are on ESPN +, but it's such a missed opportunity to have the productions (especially Colgate's) being so craptastic.

Gater,

You summed it up perfectly. Thank you. The problems you describe existed during the Holy Cross v Colgate game over a month ago. I got a headache watching that game. I assumed that someone in the AD department would have ensured the problems would have been addressed after that game. That’s why I was surprised to see how bad it was when I turned the game on today.

What’s really surprising is that production wasn’t bad a few years ago. It seems like it has regressed dramatically since then.

Go...gate
November 5th, 2022, 11:27 PM

Colgate's Sports Information releases and game summaries have also slipped greatly from the Bob Cornell days.

Go...gate
November 5th, 2022, 11:29 PM
Tough loss for Colgate. Looks very much like a 3-8 season. I don't see us beating the Engineers or the Rams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2022, 11:34 PM
Tough loss for Colgate. Looks very much like a 3-8 season. I don't see us beating the Engineers or the Rams.

Lehigh at Colgate next week, the "who has fallen further bowl"....sad times for both programs.....

Go...gate
November 6th, 2022, 01:32 AM
Lehigh at Colgate next week, the "who has fallen further bowl"....sad times for both programs.....

Damn well told.

bonarae
November 6th, 2022, 04:44 AM
Where is the Week 11 pick'em?

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2022, 06:35 AM
Where is the Week 11 pick'em?

....GEEZ DUDE.....IT'S SUNDAY MORNIN'....WHIFF UH CLOCK CHANGE......PUT ON SOME LIONEL RICHIE............POP UH ALPRAZOLAM....(XANAX)........xrolleyesx.......BRAW K!