PDA

View Full Version : 10/24 - Coulson's Article

gophoenix
October 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/AGN4109202.htm

Ok, I gave the guy grief earlier this week. But this article, this type of article here has been what I was waiting for. Not 100% but it reads night and day different than most of the others.

At least to me.

I can criticize, but I at least want to be fair and give the guy props too.

Gil Dobie
October 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM
This years Minnesota game was scheduled before last years, the Bison weren't invited back.

I have no problem with the article. Many teams ranked #1 going into the playoffs don't finish #1. If the Bison are #1 going into the playoffs, they won't finish #1 if they don't participate in the playoffs. The last team standing is #1.

Old Montana State Grad
October 24th, 2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/AGN4109202.htm

Ok, I gave the guy grief earlier this week. But this article, this type of article here has been what I was waiting for. Not 100% but it reads night and day different than most of the others.

At least to me.

YEAH BUTxlolx Does he realize he no longer writes for Ape State exclusively nor is he back in Fresno, Califorication getting wedgies from all the old Montana State coaches and Montana kids Jim Sweeney took to that schoolxsmiley_wix Try as he might, he must someday let go of his traumatic experiences in Fresno at the hands of those big, bad MSU typesxrolleyesx

Appaholic
October 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM
YEAH BUTxlolx Does he realize he no longer writes for Ape State exclusively nor is he back in Fresno, Califorication getting wedgies from all the old Montana State coaches and Montana kids Jim Sweeney took to that schoolxsmiley_wix Try as he might, he must someday let go of his traumatic experiences in Fresno at the hands of those big, bad MSU typesxrolleyesx

Big talk from Montana State Prison and Youth Detainment Center... xcoffeex

Oh yeah...and props for the article but I never saw the first one.....all of the earlier links came to this article....

Old Montana State Grad
October 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Big talk from Montana State Prison and Youth Detainment Center... xcoffeex

Oh yeah...and props for the article but I never saw the first one.....all of the earlier links came to this article....

Too bad, because you're a screwed goose and he's done a great deal for your image. Oh yeah, did you read about how you beat Michigan--again?

appfan2008
October 24th, 2007, 10:08 PM
the first article was absurd but thank God he woke up and wrote a real article now

Old Montana State Grad
October 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM
the first article was absurd but thank God he woke up and wrote a real article now

So you're okay in that he personally called one of your players out? What did Edwards ever do to him?

appfan2008
October 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM
uh no i am not ok with the first article hence what i wrote... i thought it was very wrong what he wrote... which is what i said

DaGriz
October 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM

At least to me.

I agree. I thought some of his other articles were pretty bad. This article was pretty good. Well rounded and talked about teams all over the country. What else can you ask for? Good stuff on NDSU, I was curious why they couldn't compete in the playoffs, that shed a little light.

GSU 25+yrFan
October 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
So you're okay in that he personally called one of your players out? What did Edwards ever do to him?

I don't know why he threw AE under the bus, Moore is the coach who put him. The player is not the one making decisions, or I hope not.

catbob
October 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Finally a good article. I don't require great writing skills and style, I just want a recap of all the games! TSN was the only place to get that in previous years, and that stopped this year for the most part until know.

Keep em coming Coulson!

lizrdgizrd
October 25th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Much better balance in this article. xthumbsupx

CSN-info
October 25th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Finally a good article. I don't require great writing skills and style, I just want a recap of all the games! TSN was the only place to get that in previous years, and that stopped this year for the most part until know.
Keep em coming Coulson!CSN has been doing them since 2001.

grizband
October 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM
CSN has been doing them since 2001.
True, but for many of us who only recently discovered AGS, TSN has provided great information for years (I started reading it in 2000). Personally, I'm glad to have both around, so I get a broad range of information about FCS football.

catbob
October 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM
CSN has been doing them since 2001.

I always loved the CSN articles too. For recaps I went to TSN, and for articles on certain teams, players, and what not, I went to CSN. :)

Tod
October 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I know it was against UNC, but wow!

" Montana defensive end Kroy Biermann got the best of just one half of play, turning in three sacks, six tackles, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and a blocked field goal before retiring for the day".

I wish they would update their Buchanan stats before Thursday, like they do for the Payton stats.

appfan2008
October 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
much better article but still not what it used to be with the other guy last year and in years before that

ASUG8
October 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM

I don't know that he necessarily "called him out". He made mention of some poor play calling, the last four and out, and also mentioned that he had almost 200 yds rushing. I thought it was reasonably balanced - but I'm a homer.

lucchesicourt
October 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Just because NDSU is not playoff elgible doesn't mean they aren't the best team playing an FCS schedule.

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Just because NDSU is not playoff elgible doesn't mean they aren't the best team playing an FCS schedule.Doesn't mean they are either. We'll never know because they don't play the top teams, ones that make the playoffs.

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Just because NDSU is not playoff elgible doesn't mean they aren't the best team playing an FCS schedule.

Last years NDSU team was better, IMO. This years is good, but there is still lots of football to play this year.

lizrdgizrd
October 27th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Doesn't mean they are either. We'll never know because they don't play the top teams, ones that make the playoffs.
Fortunately that problem will be rectified next season. xthumbsupx