PDA

View Full Version : USD overrated

spelunker64
October 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I figured that would get you USD folks to open this. xsmiley_wix

How are the fires affecting you? Being a Chargers fan I'm curious about that as well. Good luck to you all and I hope that you stay safe. :)

You Stay Safe San Diego
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/stay-classy,-san-diego-thumb.jpg

ereiz03
October 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
USD and the other local schools (SDSU, UCSD, etc) are closed all week. Those that live in central SD, the beach areas, and Mission Valley (where USD is) are thankfully not close to the flames. There is a definite smell of smoke throughout the area and a weird haze in the sky when you look north and east. I know quite a few families that have been evacuated but thankfully done know anyone whose houses have burnt.

The football team has been practicing inside the Jenny Craig Pavilion (the basketball stadium) this week by the way. Big game at Dayton on Saturday, so we'll see if the lack of practice time affects the team.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

touchdown
October 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the concern! chargers left town to arizona.
not sure where they will play this weekend?xlolx
As far as USD goes its like training camp agian, no classes and a chance for the kids to come in and watch tape during the day.
They have been outside twice and inside once i have been told.
They are a very focused group and most of there top kids have been thru this before in 2003/04 i think, when fires closed the campus and forced the team to go indoors, that fire was even closer. So all is good for the most part from what i can gather.

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
PRAYERS TA DUH SOUFFERN CALIFORNIANS......xprayx ...BRAWK!

DUH CHICKEN LOOKS AT SAN DIEGO.....IN NEW LIGHT........IT HAS DAWNED ON DUH AVIAN.......DAT DUH TOREROS'....MARGIN O' VICTORY......OVERAH VERAH SUSPECT TEAMS.....WOULD MIRROR.....ANY TOP 15 OR SO SQWAD IN DUH AGS POLL.....IFIN' DEY WERE TA HAVE DUH MISFORTUNE....O' HAVIN' TA PLAY DUH TORERO SKED.....ie.....SAN DIEGO PUT UP 56 IN DUH FIRST HALF SATURDAY....AGIN'....JACKSONVILLE.....DEN CALLED OFF DUH HORSES....SECOND HALF..........APPALACHIAN/MONTANA/UMA$$......ANY O' DUH BIG BIRDS O' I-AA.....WOULDAH POSTED DUH SAME DIGITS......DEREFORE.......AH'M SERVIN' NOTICE TA DUH COMMITTEE.......AH BELIEVE DUH TORERO'S....COMPLETE WHIFF UH BONAFIDE PAYTON CANDIDATE..........SHOULD BE CHOSEN...(ASSUMIN' ALL GOES WELL)......TA TRAVEL TA WASH/GRIZZWOLD TA TEST MONTE'S LADS.......FIRST ROUND....AN' DEMAND ESPN AIR DIS BABY OUT.....TA ALL O' DUH I-AA CIRCUIT!.........LET'S GIVE 'EM DERE DUE!......UNDER-RATED!.....UNDER-RATED!......xnodx .AWK!

spelunker64
October 24th, 2007, 07:52 PM
May westerly winds find your sails, and rain drown your fears!

Seawolf97
October 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Hope for rain and be safe

Seahawks Fan
October 25th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Stay safe and let's all pray for some rain out there. xpeacex

Ruler 79
October 25th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Stay safe for sure and on a football front they don't make the Grid Iron Classic this season!!!!!

Because they will get an at large playoff berth this season. Sorry Old Gaurd. Enough people have wondered are they good enough. I believe they are. Will they beat a Montana...no. But they are going to get a shot????!!!! IMHO YEAH! I personally would like to see it. This is their chance because this qb will be gone to the NFL and then they become more of a PFL team next year.

They will smoke Dayton! I am officially on the bandwagon! GO TORREOS.

Griz0383
October 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Living in smoke sucks! being a Montana boy we seem to get it bad lately and it stays for over a month! I feel for you and hope all goes well.