PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-29

JALMOND
October 27th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Only four games on the schedule this weekend, all four pitting conference members against each other. Two the games should receive national attention, while the other two are just there. I split the games last week going 3-3 and there is probably a good chance I will split these games as well. So far for the season I am at 50-12. Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky conference games.

UM at WSU---Both teams need a win after losing on the road last week. The Grizzlies actually need a win to stop their two game slide and gain some respect. The Wildcats want to stay as near the top as they can and don't want to start losing home games. A good test for both, who wants it more...WSU 24, UM 21.

PSU at EWU---The Vikings defense, something they were hanging their hat on early in the season, seems to have gone by the wayside now and they are just trying to outscore teams. That fits well with the Eagles who have been doing that most of the season. Which defense shows up...PSU 34, EWU 28.

CP at UCD---The Mustangs put up quite the tussle last week in trying to get a win. They now go on the road and face their northern tier brethren, the Aggies, who are trying to capture success after falling down at the beginning of the season. The Aggies are playing really good now, however...UCD 48, CP 7.

UI at SAC---Another big test for the Vandals and another one that they will no doubt be up for. They have shown to be quite capable of staying with the top teams so they shouldn't be rattled. The Hornets get another tough test at their place. This game will be a good one...SAC 31, UI 27.

mvemjsunpx
October 27th, 2022, 02:37 AM
Portland St. 28-37 EWU — Is this the most meaningless Dam Cup game ever?

Idaho 27-35 Sac State — Sac's at home and they should be the superior team, but their QBs will probably have to play better than they did against Montana

Cal Poly 10-48 Davis — The Aggies should cruise to a record sixth straight win in the Battle of the Golden Horseshoe

Montalol 14-24 Weber — Griz score 8 on safeties, but only 6 on offense

bonarae
October 27th, 2022, 05:09 AM
EWU
Vandals (upset pick!)
Davis
Weber

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 27th, 2022, 10:16 AM
Honestly, I feel like this is the week Sac State screws up and takes a loss. I feel like the Big Sky is like the Pac 12 where the favorites always seem to screw up somewhere in the schedule.

MSUBobcat
October 27th, 2022, 10:50 AM
UM 20 @ WSU 24 - both come in badly needing a W, Weber to keep hopes of a seed alive, Montana to avoid a 3-game slide. Going with the home team in a battle.
PSU 27 @ EWU 35 - Eags are in the midst of their worst season in at least 14 years (website only goes back to the 2009 season). PSU is also struggling. EWU has 2 winnable games to at least salvage a winning record at home.
CP 13 @ Davis 45 - The Aggies are playing with a vengeance since their murderers' row schedule to start the season. And this is against the bottom of the bottom feeders. Gonna be ugly.
Idaho 28 @ Sac 30 - If Montana hadn't put a scare into the Hornets last week, I would take the Vandals in the upset. I think that game brought them back to Earth that they are, in fact, beatable so they play a better game, which is just enough to beat a good Idaho team.

100%GRIZ
October 27th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Griz 25 - Weber 16
EWU 32 - PSU 29
CP 12 - Davis 44
ID 29 - Sac 27

wapiti
October 27th, 2022, 11:11 AM
UM 17 at WSU 27---Neither team wants to put themselves into a must win out scenario to guarantee a playoff spot (8 Div 1 win total). BBQ is @home and the Griz have had some struggles recently. (7 wins in the Big Sky will likely receive a playoff spot but no guarantee and may be playing the first round.)

PSU 24 at EWU 38---EWU must win out and have help from bubble teams to even have playoff consideration. PSU is playing for pride and spoiler role and some Dam cup.

CP 17 at UCD 42---Davis must win out to earn that magical 7 win total. If they do, they will have 2 signature wins and most likely be in. CP is playing for fun and may start preparing for next year. (Players positioned to be a starter next year may get some playing time.)

UI 27 at SAC 32---Idaho has been a pleasant surprise this season. Sac had a good scare put into them last weekend. Home field advantage takes this one.

SeattleCat
October 28th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Weber over Um 34-14
EW over Psu 44-42
Davis over Poly 37-17
Idaho stuns Sac 25-24

VandalBasher
October 28th, 2022, 12:32 PM
EWU
Vandals (upset pick!)
Davis
Weber

I like your style.

dbackjon
October 28th, 2022, 01:20 PM
Weber
EWU
UC-Davis
Sac State

JALMOND
October 30th, 2022, 03:00 AM
Only four games on the schedule this weekend, all four pitting conference members against each other. Two the games should receive national attention, while the other two are just there. I split the games last week going 3-3 and there is probably a good chance I will split these games as well. So far for the season I am at 50-12. Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky conference games.

UM at WSU---Both teams need a win after losing on the road last week. The Grizzlies actually need a win to stop their two game slide and gain some respect. The Wildcats want to stay as near the top as they can and don't want to start losing home games. A good test for both, who wants it more...WSU 24, UM 21.

PSU at EWU---The Vikings defense, something they were hanging their hat on early in the season, seems to have gone by the wayside now and they are just trying to outscore teams. That fits well with the Eagles who have been doing that most of the season. Which defense shows up...PSU 34, EWU 28.

CP at UCD---The Mustangs put up quite the tussle last week in trying to get a win. They now go on the road and face their northern tier brethren, the Aggies, who are trying to capture success after falling down at the beginning of the season. The Aggies are playing really good now, however...UCD 48, CP 7.

UI at SAC---Another big test for the Vandals and another one that they will no doubt be up for. They have shown to be quite capable of staying with the top teams so they shouldn't be rattled. The Hornets get another tough test at their place. This game will be a good one...SAC 31, UI 27.

Perfect week this week. 54-12 overall now. Correct on the Montana/Weber game and almost correct on the Idaho/Sac State game.