PDA

View Full Version : Former Ohio State Player, Louis Irrizary to YSU

FlyYtown
September 6th, 2005, 09:29 PM
He was in jail the last 6 months in Columbus do to an altercation on campus. He lost his scholarship to OSU. In his freshmen year alone he played a ton for the Buckeyes. He played his whole high school career at YSU Stambaugh Stadium as well for the URSULINE IRISH.

Here is a little on him:
One of the top tight end prospects in the nation … recruited by everyone because of his combination of size, speed and ability to catch the ball … was a three-year starter … caught 128 passes for 2,593 yards and 25 touchdowns during his career … averaged 20.3 yards per reception, an incredible figure for a tight end … really had a sensational year as a sophomore, hauling in 46 passes for 962 yards … started as a freshman and helped Ursuline win the state championship as a sophomore … won first-team All-Ohio honors a senior, hauling in 36 passes for 823 yards and nine touchdowns … ranked as the fifth best player in the Midwest by the Detroit Free Press and generally considered one of the Top 5 tight ends in the country … earned All-America honors as a senior ... Youngstown Vindicator 2003 Player of the Year ... three-time all-state and All-Steel Valley Conference selection ... enjoys playing basketball in his spare time ... one of his greatest thrills in sports is entering the field before and seeing all the fans... is an excellent student … National Honor Society member (2001, 2002)... has been involved in numerous community service projects ... high school coach was Daniel Murphy … PERSONAL: Parents are Louis and Evelyn Irizarry.

He will play in 2006 and only help fuel this team to the playoffs and a title then!

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Originally verbaled to Miami,Fla., but changed his mind at the end for Ohio St. Irrizary has the potential to be the next Guins TE to make the Pros. John Goode of the Phil. Eagles was the last I believe.

Big TE with WR speed. Good get for YSU.

Hansel
September 6th, 2005, 09:50 PM
what did he do?

FlyYtown
September 6th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I think he had some big fight over a girl.. I am not too sure. But there are so many troubled kids in the OSU program; this one just came and went.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Nope . Thats was the 1st incident. The second one got him "booted". A kid supposedly "owed " money and in a fight, Irrizary beat the holy crap out of him. Bad !!

That said, he'll be better off at home with Mom & Dad and out of the big time spotlight. Best H.S. TE I ever saw. Think Zetts isn't smiling ?? They played against one another in H.S.

FlyYtown
September 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM
And they ruled their teams.

Louis is as good as any TE in AMERICA.. And he will lead the GUINS Into the big time spotlight next year.

Red Hawk
September 6th, 2005, 10:58 PM
yooo hooooo, dude's got a felony record, why would you want him, talented or not? Doesn't character count for anything anymore?

rcny46
September 6th, 2005, 11:15 PM
yooo hooooo, dude's got a felony record, why would you want him, talented or not? Doesn't character count for anything anymore?

Evidently not.

FlyYtown
September 7th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Redhawk after going to jail for 6 months you usually learn your lesson. Here in Youngstown he can live with his family and learn what he did and Heacock, our coach, sat him down and gave him a talk about what he must do to stay on the team; in simple terms NO CRAP.

Red Hawk
September 7th, 2005, 07:16 AM
For his sake I hope he does indeed learn his lessons and yes second chances are important. Probably more important is local family support.

The only problem is statistics aren't on his side, actually very few people learn their lessons in jail and recitivism is extremely high. Last year Mizzou brought in two guys from Michigan St. who had been kicked off the team for drug charges and given the same talk, they didn't last the season because of new drug charges. Let's hope this young man breaks the mold.

ChickenMan
September 7th, 2005, 08:40 AM
http://www.brokennewz.com/storyimages/prison-stripes.jpg

YSU cheerleaders thrilled with the Pens new TE addition... :p

GoGuins
September 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I hope this guy has his head on straight now. Like others said being back in YTown near his family and friends might help. He was a model student/athlete in high school, National Honor Society and all that, never got in any trouble. He went to Ursuline (Catholic) HS right down the street from the YSU campus. I'm not saying he is not a fault for what he did at Ohio State but there's something about that campus that players just can't help but get in trouble. He had a lot going for him coming out of high school and was the #2 rated TE nationally and he may have blew his chance for the NFL. I had heard he might go to Wash St, WVU, or UNC but maybe those schools didn't want him and he had to settle on I-AA.

I also read that another former Ytown area player has joined the team from Michigan St. WR Miles Williams from Fitch HS.

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 10:01 AM
If I understand the story correctly, the kid was an Honor student at a Catholic H.S., no problems there, no drugs and no wild times. He simply couldn't handle being in the Big time spotlight and reacted badly to 1) girl-friend problems( who dumped him) & 2) wanted his money back . Limited jail time was given because of numerous OSU player problems and he got made an example of.

Good kid otherwise and tremendous athlete. Second chances here normally go well. Welcome home , Louis !! :p

FlyYtown
September 7th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Wow if Miles Williams is coming to YSU as well; that is scary talent. NE Ohio Football is as good as any in the US.. I read a poll saying it was in the top 5 compared with CALI-TEX-FLORIDA.. It was #4, and that was NORTHEAST OHIO ALONE!

Miles Williams
Louis Irrizarry

BIG PLAYERS WITH BIG TALENT

Louis just had one big prob and he let loose. I mean he got NHS at a catholic High School... A College Prep school. He was prepared academically for college and never did drugs or alcohol. Sad thing is his girl left him and then some money issues.. He will get his head on straight here. He lives on the East Side or Campbell and will live with his family and the BIG 10 Spotlight won't be on him here at YSU..

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Williams was another one I couldn't figure out. All-Ohio, tremendous athlete and Ohio St was all over him. Until the end,when they backed off and Mich St. got him.

Bio said he was a CB there. Damn thats big.