PDA

View Full Version : GSU vs. Appy State Highlight Video

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
GSU vs. App St. 2007 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=IdkjZrFo1as)

It's pretty one sided, but still a great watch for anyone who wants to see what went down at the rock xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
no interest? :(

ButlerGSU
October 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Very nice, I heard the broadcast to the Savannah area was not very good on Saturday.

tralfangar
October 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Definitely one-sided! But thanks for the highlights, as painful as they are.

Hope everyone saw that obvious push-off in the endzone with the official staring right at it. That's why GaSo and App fans complain about Socon officiating!!

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks for saying that GSU fans also complain, alot of ASU fans forget they are not the only ones who hate the refs in this conference. :)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 23rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
I think it would have been questionable either way. The GSU receiver barely touched the guy, yet he kept running to the back of the endzone. If the CB for App St. had been looking for the ball or something, I don't think he would have been caught out of position and there would have been a much easier call for a flag from the ref. But I am also someone who comes from old school rules and feels contact is part of the game. Be in position and that light touch does not affect the outcome of the play.

However, the quality of the video is quite poor, so I am just as blind as the ref that was 2 feet from the action... :D

Overall, sloppy tackling from the ASU side. They are better than that I think. Maybe getting too used to winning at home or too many injuries? Tough loss for App, BIG win for the GSU faithful. We all may look back at this as the game that turned the tide back in favor for GSU in the SoCon.

Thanks for the highlights!

appstate38
October 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I think it would have been questionable either way. The GSU receiver barely touched the guy, yet he kept running to the back of the endzone. If the CB for App St. had been looking for the ball or something, I don't think he would have been caught out of position and there would have been a much easier call for a flag from the ref. But I am also someone who comes from old school rules and feels contact is part of the game. Be in position and that light touch does not affect the outcome of the play.

However, the quality of the video is quite poor, so I am just as blind as the ref that was 2 feet from the action... :D

Overall, sloppy tackling from the ASU side. They are better than that I think. Maybe getting too used to winning at home or too many injuries? Tough loss for App, BIG win for the GSU faithful. We all may look back at this as the game that turned the tide back in favor for GSU in the SoCon.
Thanks for the highlights!

We aren't dead yet.... Just a little stung by a quality football team.

GannonFan
October 23rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, I know Foster is good, but some of those holes were just simply massive. Appy St has a tough road ahead of them if that's what a good offensive team can do to the defensive line.

WUTNDITWAA
October 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'll pass on this, unless you can assure me that the outcome is different. xlolx

ASUG8
October 23rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
no interest? :(

None here - I saw enough on Saturday.....xbawlingx

Mountaineer#96
October 23rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
crap music

srgrizizen
October 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Very impressive running game for GSU! Had to laugh at how one-sided it was though. When it showed the scoreboard at the end with 35 points for ASU, I wondered where the hell they came from. xthumbsupx

KJ Eagle
October 23rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Definitely one-sided! But thanks for the highlights, as painful as they are.

Hope everyone saw that obvious push-off in the endzone with the official staring right at it. That's why GaSo and App fans complain about Socon officiating!!

Did he push off, or did your guy just not see the ball and keep moving toward the end of the endzone? You can't tell from the angle of the video. I was on the clear other side of the field when it happened so I was waiting for the video to see if it was as blatant as everyone said. I don't think you can tell from the video either way conclusively.

DaGriz
October 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Wow, that looks like the GSU of old. Are they back finally? It would be nice to see GSU in the champ. hunt again. We still owe them one. #4 looks like a stud.

app1995
October 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
asu d has alot of work to do,if i was furman i know what my gameplan would be.

appfan2008
October 23rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
i watched it... the whole dang thing :(... man if we some more tackles we wouldnt have made a single one all day... good gracious they just ran all over us... and the 5 or 6 plays they showed with asu on offense basically looked like armanti was lost... gsu was definately the better team on 10/20/07

AppMan
October 23rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
i watched it... the whole dang thing :(... man if we some more tackles we wouldnt have made a single one all day... good gracious they just ran all over us... and the 5 or 6 plays they showed with asu on offense basically looked like armanti was lost... gsu was definately the better team on 10/20/07

If the guys don't get their act together we'll see a lot more of the same this weekend.

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I'd love to be any team in the country but the team ASU is playing this week!

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
I've got to say Cory Lynch, all american, was left out to dry by #4 all afternoon.

phillyAPP
October 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
I'd love to be any team in the country but the team ASU is playing this week!

Why am i agreeing so often with so many GSU fans? Because when it comes to SoCon refs we are proven right every weekend.

I knew GSU would be back on track this year when they hired Hatcher. Man the SoCon has SO many great coaches and SO many terrible REFS.

Why the disparity? Is there not pride in the SoCon admin offices as there is in the universities? Can it be fixed? xeyebrowx

So many questions and just a few answers, don't leave a game to chance(reffing call) if you can. xoopsx

OK, thanks GSU for a great game, Now on to Furman.

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
The FU / ASU game will be VERY closely watched to guage what to expect from FU in a few weeks!

GrizRchattybound
October 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
WOW...Very very impressive effort by GSU- I wondered how Appy was in it based on that highlight video. Man I wish we would travel to Boone to play a game!

It's going to be a fun NOV/DEC home stretch boys!

DemiGS
October 24th, 2007, 12:48 AM
WOW...Very very impressive effort by GSU- I wondered how Appy was in it based on that highlight video. Man I wish we would travel to Boone to play a game!

Well, our defense.....not so much. (this year)!!!

straightshooter
October 24th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Come on guys. This wasn't put together by some independent sportscaster. There are a few GSU fans that gather highlight footage from different newscasts and put music to it. You won't see much of the opposing team's highlights, as they are going to be homer based. There's another one on the gsufans.com site that's really good.

bobbythekidd
October 24th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Come on guys. This wasn't put together by some independent sportscaster. There are a few GSU fans that gather highlight footage from different newscasts and put music to it. You won't see much of the opposing team's highlights, as they are going to be homer based. There's another one on the gsufans.com site that's really good.
This is a homer based video! It was not intended to make App look good, quite the opposite, in fact.

You guys should not think App has lost all their fire based on this video. The game was settled by 3 points and App was 1 yard short of sending this into overtime. They had a very impressive 12 minute rally. They can score fast and often when they have their back against the wall. Plenty of football is left, keep an eye on the boys from Boone.

spelunker64
October 24th, 2007, 08:13 AM
It says:

The nation's longest home winning streak comes crashing down at the hands of the Hatch Attack.

Didn't App St lose before this...

bobbythekidd
October 24th, 2007, 08:18 AM
It says:

Didn't App St lose before this...
Yes, just not at home.

eaglewraith
October 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM
crap music

needs more banjo?

AppAlum2003
October 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
needs more banjo?

No, more cowbell!

bluehenbillk
October 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Man either GSU's OL is really good or App State's DL is real bad.

GaSouthern
October 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Pretty much all of our OL are seniors (minus injuries) which is scary for next year.

jonmac
October 24th, 2007, 11:07 AM
To me it appeared that we WAY overpursued and didn't anticipate the cut backs. DL and LB's. Eagle blocking scheme helped with this, very good zone blocking. But we had no backside help. I will also have to say poor preparation. And great preparation on GSU's part.

DuckDuckGriz
October 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Did GSU rush the corners or just stuff eight in the box? Looks like there was alot of pressure on Edwards and the speed of the linebackers came through when he let go of a quick pass on the flats or on a screen.

That Foster kid for GSU is an absolute beast. Not like the Adrian Peterson kind where you run over guys but more of a video game where he just spins and jukes everyone out of their shoes. Was that a 4th down conversion during that play fake when Foster looked to the sidelines confused and they quickly snapped the ball?

straightshooter
October 24th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Most of the GSU rush came from the D-Line. GSU moved LB Dakota Walker to DE to make him a speed rusher. He's 6'3", 240 and runs in the 4.5s in the 40. He's #52 on the video. That move really increased the GSU rush. Remember that they had seven sacks at Elon last week. One of the reasons that Edwards had so much rushing yardage was that pass rush. If the rusher didn't quite get to him, he just took off into fairly open space.

Yes the play where Foster looked like he was changing the play and there was a direct snap was a fourth down call.

And yes, Foster is a very different runner than many of the great GSU backs of the past. That 4.3 speed tends to freeze defenders in their tracks when he jukes it a bit, and by then it's too late.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 24th, 2007, 12:17 PM
That 4th down direct snap play was beautiful :D

proasu89
October 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM

xoopsx Great call xbowx

Eaglesrus
October 24th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Yeah, so Jayson can act, too. Maybe sooner or later we'll find something he can't do. :)

KJ Eagle
October 24th, 2007, 02:08 PM
xoopsx Great call xbowx
Coach Hatcher said he used it in the 2002 DII NC Game and couldn't figure a better place than Boone to try it again. He said he also tried it in 2004, but that the snap went over the RB's head and they lost like 30 yards on it.

Appaholic
October 24th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Yeah....we do too.........

blueballs
October 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, so Jayson can act, too. Maybe sooner or later we'll find something he can't do. :)

The only thing I've found that he can't do is come up with another year of eligibility.xbawlingx