PDA

View Full Version : IF.....and when?

Down with the Foe!
September 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
If & When the Griz were to go on the road, and upset the Clucks from the University of Oregon this Saturday in one of the loudest stadiums in all of the land:

Do the Griz deserve automatic number one ranking regardless of what anyone else does?

I say yes:

What say you? (Vote or comment or both)

JMU Duke Dog
September 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
I am obviously a JMU fan, but I would definitely give Montana the #1 ranking if they beat Oregon. :bow:

Are the Ducks going to wear their yellow jerseys for that game? :p
http://www.ssur.org/articles/images/UofOregon_a_clemens_i.jpg

JMU2004
September 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
yup

Tribe4SF
September 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Couldn't vote because the correct answer wasn't available. That would be..... NO - They'd move up but UNI would still be #1.

DTSpider
September 6th, 2005, 08:34 PM
This early in the season I'd put Montana #1. If it was the 7th or 8th week I'm not so sure but right now a Montana victory over Oregon would be much more impressive than JMU's wins over Lock Haven & CCU.

Ronbo
September 6th, 2005, 08:41 PM
http://www.moviesnapshot.com/1994Stills/Dumb_and_Dumber.JPG
"So you're saying there's a chance?"

youwouldno
September 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I'm a Furman fan and, yes, I would put Montana #1 should they beat Oregon. I hope they do.

Cocky
September 6th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Let me see the games and I will tell you Sunday.

colgate13
September 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM
NW st. is my #1 until they lose. Purple swarm!

ngineer
September 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM
No question that would be a 'Statement' game.

blackfordpu
September 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Maybe, depending on how other teams do that week. If they blow out Oregon most definetley. If they squeak by it all depends.

How far up would you move Sam Houston if they beat UH? Texas Tech?

Ronbo
September 6th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Has a I-AA ever beaten a 26th ranked I-A team? I can't remember one. What was Navy ranked a couple years ago?

I doubt we'll hang with these guys, they are too fast, too big and too talented. They would need to have an off day (6 turnovers) and we would have to play a perfect game. And then they still might beat us, but it would be close.

therealbigredrules
September 6th, 2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.moviesnapshot.com/1994Stills/Dumb_and_Dumber.JPG
"So you're saying there's a chance?"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Down with the Foe!
September 6th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Maybe, depending on how other teams do that week. If they blow out Oregon most definetley. If they squeak by it all depends.

How far up would you move Sam Houston if they beat UH? Texas Tech?

Houston....Not Much 2 or 3 spots.

TT- maybe a top-10 spot.

Oregon is under rated by the voters- they are a legit top 20 and maybe a top-10 team...did anyonewatch Miami and FSU?

Oregon is a legit top 15 team today, and top 10 team with a major bowl game invote waiting to happend if their season plays out the way I predict.

If the griz beat them- they should be #1 no matter what or whop happends...I just wanted to see how you all felt.

:D

Pantherpower
September 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, what the hell. I'd give them a #1 ranking (until the next week when UNI knocked off the Hawkeyes :p )

blur2005
September 7th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Of the following games mentioned between I-AA and I-A, only in one does the I-AA team have a chance:

Montana @ Oregon: NO
UNI @ Iowa: NO
Sam Houston State @ Texas Tech: NO
Sam Houston State @ Houston: POSSIBLE

If Montana does beat Oregon, then yes, they'll be my number one. But I'm thinking it'll be 42-17 or something, because Oregon is actually a good Pac-10 team.

umassfan
September 7th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Montana will NOT beat Oregon.... take it to the bank!

Grizo406
September 7th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Montana will NOT beat Oregon.... take it to the bank!

Really going out on a limb on that one, huh?

If we beat Oregon, and no one gets hurt, you might want to think about canceling the rest of the season, and give us the National Championship.

We stand a chance against Oregon if more than half of the 12 Apostles have any eligibility left, want to play for the Griz, and make a trip to Eugene...other than that, we'll be 1 & 1 sometime Saturday evening.

I think we'd beat Houston, but Houston ain't the Ducks.

umassfan
September 7th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Really going out on a limb on that one, huh?

If we beat Oregon, and no one gets hurt, you might want to think about canceling the rest of the season, and give us the National Championship.

We stand a chance against Oregon if more than half of the 12 Apostles have any eligibility left, want to play for the Griz, and make a trip to Eugene...other than that, we'll be 1 & 1 sometime Saturday evening.

I think we'd beat Houston, but Houston ain't the Ducks.

And if you loose big should you end your season because you wont be as good as you say?

FlyBoy8
September 7th, 2005, 05:09 AM
At this point in the season and based on the team they're playing, I absolutely would put Montana No. 1 if they beat Oregon.

That said, I think Oregon will win by 20+. No offense to Montana, it's just that Oregon looks good this year and Montana is still probably working out some kinks. I'd pick Oregon by 20+ against any I-AA team this week.

I'll be rooting for the Griz though. Give em hell.

GannonFan
September 7th, 2005, 09:16 AM
And if you loose big should you end your season because you wont be as good as you say?

Man, if you could only take your own advice with your team! :D

MSUCats
September 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
This poll just shows how arrogant some griz fans are.

The title should be "if we keep the game close until the end, do we deserve number 1?"

You're not going to beat them.

I know, I know.....Ok St. is not as good as Oregon. And that's why we were able to stay with them and that's why you guys will get crushed. The Bobcats are ahead of the Grizzlies in terms of the offense right now.

Your defense is good, but not good enough to stop the Duck offense.

At least some griz fans have a proper perspective of this game and are hoping the griz make it respectable and come out injury-free.

JMUfan2008
September 7th, 2005, 12:28 PM
a win would be insane, anything close is still pretty good though. When jmu played #6 WVU last year they lost 45-10 and it was still an impressive loss and they ended up being national champions, so....I think a win would move them up to #1 and losing by less than 15 would keep them at the same spot, more than 25 and they might drop

bison95
September 7th, 2005, 12:57 PM
NW st. is my #1 until they lose. Purple swarm!

Sooooo, Saturday night if the grizz win, they will earn your #1. :D :rolleyes: ;) :)

GO BISON

DuckDuckGriz
September 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
This poll just shows how arrogant some griz fans are.

The title should be "if we keep the game close until the end, do we deserve number 1?"

You're not going to beat them.

I know, I know.....Ok St. is not as good as Oregon. And that's why we were able to stay with them and that's why you guys will get crushed. The Bobcats are ahead of the Grizzlies in terms of the offense right now.

Your defense is good, but not good enough to stop the Duck offense.

At least some griz fans have a proper perspective of this game and are hoping the griz make it respectable and come out injury-free.

Hey man it's just a question, not a flare of arrogance. Anything Griz related has to be hostile with you Bozos -- and if your offense was so amazing they would have been able to put up more than 10 on the Pokes. It was your defense that won that game, definetly not your offense. If your defense hadn't played like they did the final would have been 30-10. The Cats played better than any I-AA team I saw last week, but the offense had little to do with it.

Grizo406
September 7th, 2005, 08:29 PM

I alluded to the fact that we might stand a chance against Oregon if some of the Apostles show up and play for the Griz. Pretty simple thing to grasp from my perspective, and it didn't require a reply.

But, to make it even simpler for you...we'll probably loose big if we don't get some divine intervention, I don't think dungeonjoe will be in Eugene, we won't end our season because of the loss, and I don't remember saying we were that good in a post that my 6 year old neighbor's kid could understand.

swaghook
September 7th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Sooooo, Saturday night if the grizz win, they will earn your #1. :D :rolleyes: ;) :)

GO BISON
The real question is if NDSU does squeak out the win how far up will the Bison be ranked?

blukeys
September 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I alluded to the fact that we might stand a chance against Oregon if some of the Apostles show up and play for the Griz. Pretty simple thing to grasp from my perspective, and it didn't require a reply.

But, to make it even simpler for you...we'll probably loose big if we don't get some divine intervention, I don't think dungeonjoe will be in Eugene, we won't end our season because of the loss, and I don't remember saying we were that good in a post that my 6 year old neighbor's kid could understand.
D*mnit Grizo!! if you were a real Griz fan you would pay to get dungeonjoe to Eugene and see what joe can do about getting the 12 apostles on the Griz side of the field. ;) ;) ;) I know joe would be willing to help another I-AA team and he has the one on one connection with the lord. ;)

After all anything's possible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Next up Pols walks on water and finds a virgin in Bozeman (one over the age of 12) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :)

FlyBoy8
September 7th, 2005, 10:42 PM
The real question is if NDSU does squeak out the win how far up will the Bison be ranked?

They'd crack the top 15. Personally, I think if NDSU beats NWST I'd consider them a top 10 team. NWST is no joke right now and losing to NDSU wouldn't change that.

Grizo406
September 7th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Next up Pols walks on water and finds a virgin in Bozeman (one over the age of 12) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :)

Pols walking on water is akin to the Griz beating USC 5,000 to zero, but I gotta' give that cranky old POS some props...he found his gal. :nod: ;)