PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 4.0

SU DOG
October 19th, 2022, 11:05 AM
FWIW, but interesting.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2022-playoff-predictions-4-bzbz/

taper
October 19th, 2022, 11:09 AM
If there are 2 Valley and 2 Big Sky in the top 4 I guarantee they'll be paired as 1/4 and 2/3.

Preferred Walk-On
October 19th, 2022, 01:31 PM
FUBeAR's imaginary bracket based on the "Versus Sports Simulator - Power Rankings" was perfect (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?314062-Playoffs-Top-8-Seeds&p=3084044&viewfull=1#post3084044).

This is a very close second.

MSUBobcat
October 19th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Can we swap the Elon-UM matchup with Samford-SELA? I think McKay deserves to play a playoff game in Bozeman, since he missed out last year....

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Can we swap the Elon-UM matchup with Samford-SELA? I think McKay deserves to play a playoff game in Bozeman, since he missed out last year....

why did he leave so abruptly?

OhioHen
October 19th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Sadly, no. As configured (if it were to play out that way) the proposed bracket has one plane trip and one bus ride for the combination. Swapping would be two plane trips.

MSUBobcat
October 19th, 2022, 05:30 PM
why did he leave so abruptly?

He threw for 108 yards and 1 TD on 12 of 25 passing in the Brawl last year. I speculate he may have been told he was going to be benched or have his snaps reduced and he pouted and took his ball and went home (somewhat literally as he's from Raleigh).

Whatever the reason, it was not good terms, as he's been removed from the MSU website. There is no player profile for Matt McKay anymore.

MSUBobcat
October 19th, 2022, 05:32 PM
Sadly, no. As configured (if it were to play out that way) the proposed bracket has one plane trip and one bus ride for the combination. Swapping would be two plane trips.

To be fair, in this hypothetical, McKay probably gets bitch slapped in Wa-Griz for a 2nd consecutive year and we'd have to face the Griz in back to back games (albeit with a weekend off in between).

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2022, 05:53 PM
He threw for 108 yards and 1 TD on 12 of 25 passing in the Brawl last year. I speculate he may have been told he was going to be benched or have his snaps reduced and he pouted and took his ball and went home (somewhat literally as he's from Raleigh).

Whatever the reason, it was not good terms, as he's been removed from the MSU website. There is no player profile for Matt McKay anymore.

I know he got criticized pretty harshly for leaving like that right before the playoffs, but as it turns out he’s good enough to play. I wouldn’t wanna stay there and sit on the bench. Worked out for you too because touchdown Tommy got you guys rolling into the finals

A win win