PDA

View Full Version : Great job Elon

woffordgrad94
October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
Well, I know some folks are happy-we stubbed our toe! Too bad for App they could not take advantage-but that's another topic. A lot of folks might say we gave this game to Elon, but I don't believe that. Elon came in extermely prepared, and while we did help them out with some turnovers, Elon's much-maligned defense did a great part in forcing those fumbles at least from where I was sitting. Now we just have to hope that Chatty, Furman, or THE Citadel can defeat the Phoenix- and I really can only see the Bulldogs having a really good shot at that (though if this year in college football has taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected because anything can happen). But even if Elon does lose, we still have to win out, and that includes beating a GSU team that seems to get better and better each week. I'm concerned for our playoff life now-lose to GSU and we're probably out after such a promising start.

Maybe this sounds stupid, but I don't mind losing to Elon as much as I might some other programs. I don't mean to bash anyone else by that remark, I just mean that the Elon people that came conducted themselves with great class and I can tell that they are a class program with class people all the way around. And Elon really seems to be a fine place to attend school.

To sum it up, we got outplayed-our offense and special teams just didn't do enough. But we're all human I guess- except that Riddle kid- I think he's some passing robot out of the Twilight Zone or something- what an arm! I don't think FBS teams are going to be dying to put Elon on their schedules as long as he's there- UNC could have really used him.

One last piece of irony. I went to a srtip club to forget about the loss after the game, and I hadn't been there five minutes before a girl sat down beside me and said "Hi, I'm Phoenix." I thought someone must be punishing me!

Mountaineer#96
October 22nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
Hahahahahaha........wow thats funny. Makes you wonder where these strippers come up with these names. I think most are named Amber for some reason though. I'm sure citdog could lend us a hand here. :)

woffordgrad94
October 22nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
She must've been from Phoenix, she sure didn't sound like shs came from around here- then again, she was drunk off her ass, too. But I shouldn't talk- I kinda ended up like that myself!