PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 8, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 17th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Quite a slate of interesting games for varying reasons. Three top 10 matchups, an OOC matchup to see if a SWAC team is for real, and matchups important for conference battles (and playoff hopes). Is this a week where the top combined ranking matchup wins out (usually does), or is this a week where it is (nearly) anybody’s ballgame? We’ll see. Enjoy this week’s slate of games.

#1 South Dakota State @ #19 North Dakota

#8 Montana @ #2 Sac State

#3 Weber State @ #4 Montana State

#9 Mercer @ #10 Chattanooga

#29 Campbell (Big South) @ #15 Jackson State (SWAC)

#21 Elon @ #28 New Hampshire

#26 Princeton @ Harvard

Sacred Heart @ Merrimack

Yale @ #35 Pennsylvania

The Cats
October 17th, 2022, 04:27 PM
This one it BIG.....

#29 Campbell (Big South) @ #15 Jackson State (SWAC)

WrenFGun
October 17th, 2022, 05:01 PM
Wow. Assumed it’d be Elon, but that Weber game is bananas.

dewey
October 17th, 2022, 05:19 PM
#3 Weber State @ #4 Montana State

A top 5 match!

Dewey

MSUBobcat
October 17th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Slightly biased, but has to be the only top 4 matchup. Get to see how we stack up against the team I have at #1 in the Big Sky. Luckily it's at home, or I probably wouldn't have picked it for GOTW.

Preferred Walk-On
October 17th, 2022, 07:22 PM
I wanted to go with a top 4 matchup, but the intrigue factor of knowing how Mercer and Chattanooga have done this year without really having a solid feel about how good they really are (or are not). Just feel like this will help clarify the SoCon AND provide a litmus test for those teams and the conference going forward. I know it is a conference game (and thus not really allowing for easy outside comparison), but I do think it will have more weight than shuffling through the 3-4 Big Sky teams that will get seeded and could determine which SoCon team could get a seed. Or change that to SoCon teams (plural), if FUBeAR has his way. ;)

crusader11
October 17th, 2022, 07:38 PM
Jackson St v. Campbell

Chalupa Batman
October 17th, 2022, 08:09 PM
I wanted to go with a top 4 matchup, but the intrigue factor of knowing how Mercer and Chattanooga have done this year without really having a solid feel about how good they really are (or are not). Just feel like this will help clarify the SoCon AND provide a litmus test for those teams and the conference going forward. I know it is a conference game (and thus not really allowing for easy outside comparison), but I do think it will have more weight than shuffling through the 3-4 Big Sky teams that will get seeded and could determine which SoCon team could get a seed. Or change that to SoCon teams (plural), if FUBeAR has his way. ;)

This is why I went with the SoCon showdown as well. There isn't really a wrong answer between that game and the Weber/Montana State game though.

In third place I would put the "Get Off The Schneid Bowl" between Long Island & Wagner.

kdinva
October 18th, 2022, 05:37 AM
we're starting to see top 25 head to head games now, so week by week the "glut" of teams from some conferences in the top-20 will sort out itself