PDA

View Full Version : Run The Table

Purple For Life
October 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
I don't have a list of the teams still undefeated handy, but of those, who do you think is most likely to run the table on their remaining schedule?

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about UNI; I won't get my hopes up too high until after this game against YSU.

Mountain Panther
October 22nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Not including NDSU for obvious reasons. I think McNeese has a better shot of finishing undefeated.

Montana

October 27 at Northern Arizona (5-3)
November 3 Portland State (2-5)
November 10 at Idaho State (3-4)
November 17 at Montana State (5-2)

McNeese

October 27 Southeastern Louisiana (2-5)
November 3 at Stephen F. Austin (0-7)
November 10 Northwestern State (3-4)
November 17 Central Arkansas (4-3)

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
I agree with McNeese and Montana probably has the toughest road playing three on the road and a rivalry game.

TheValleyRaider
October 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Remaining Undefeateds and their schedules:

UNI
Youngstown St.
at Missouri St.
Indiana St.
Southern Utah
Toughest Game: Youngstown St.
Chances: Pretty good. 3 of the last 4 at home, including 2 in the bottom half of the Gateway. SUU is also potentially a pitfall, with the chance of ruining a perfect season for their 1st win of the year. No idea how good the T-Birds really are

NDSU
Southern Utah
Illinois St.
at Cal Poly
at South Dakota St.
Toughest Game: at Cal Poly
Chances: Okay. Tough road, last 2 games are the toughest, and both on the road. Cal Poly could be fighting for a playoff spot and SDSU is a rivalry game

McNeese St.
Southeast Louisiana
at Stephen F. Austin
Northwestern St.
Central Arkansas
Toughest Game: Central Arkansas
Chances: Hard to say. On the one hand, McNeese is demonstrably better than each of their remaining opponents, and 3 of the 4 are at home, with the road game being against the worst team. On the other, the Southland is usually a very even conference, and each of those games has its potential pitfalls. Still, odds are better than average, I think

Montana
at Northern Arizona
Portland St.
at Idaho St.
at Montana St.
Toughest Game: Montana St.
Chances: Probably the worst of the bunch. As a team, Montana hasn't looked overly impressive against their much-maligned schedule. Closing with 3 of 4 away from friendly Missoula (where they've only played once, and struggled) could be their biggest downfall. Add that to the usually fiesty Brawl at the end of the season, and of all the teams on the list, Montana would be my first guess as a team to falter before the end

Yale
at Columbia
Brown
at Princeton
Harvard
Toughest Game: Harvard
Chances: Best of the list. Yale seems like a team on a mission this season, and should be a strong favorite in all 4 remaining games. The biggest pitfall is of course, The Game, but with last year's win, I would bet the Eli are confident enough to close an undefeated season with a proper bang

San Diego
at Dayton
Davidson
at Morehead St.
at UC Davis
Toughest Game: UC Davis
Chances: Unclear. Dayton is the toughest remaining conference game, although the Toreros should be strong favorites. MSU is also a potential pitfall, but I'd be shocked if San Diego isn't 10-0 going into Davis. They played the Aggies well last year, but with nothing else to really go on, it'd still be a surprise to me if USD pulls it out this year

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
my guess is uni and mcneese and ndsu go undefeated... montana doesnt and i dont know enough aobut san diego or yale

FCS Go!
October 22nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
In order most to least likely to win out:

McNeese/UNI (toss up- both look much better than their remaining opp.)
Yale (should be able to handle Harvard and the rest)
Montana (should win out, but...offense?)
San Diego (still not convinced on them)
NDSU (at SDSU & at Cal Poly is tough)