October 15th, 2022, 09:23 PM
I’ll try:
Lehigh
Georgetown
Holy Cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go...gate
October 15th, 2022, 10:15 PM
No picks this evening. Thinking that both Georgetown and Bucknell have a decent shot this week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 10:29 PM
No picks this evening. Thinking that both Georgetown and Bucknell have a decent shot this week.

No faith in Colgate beating a dreadful non-scholarship PL team at home? Shouldn't Stanford and Army prepare the staff and players to take on the Hoyas?

Why is Colgate so limited on talent and athleticism? Someone needs to tell those kids you're not good enough. It's crazy to what extent the dearth of talent runs up and down the Raider's roster. The from 7 on defense are physically weak relative to decent D1 OL's....

Go...gate
October 15th, 2022, 10:41 PM
No faith in Colgate beating a dreadful non-scholarship PL team at home? Shouldn't Stanford and Army prepare the staff and players to take on the Hoyas?

Why is Colgate so limited on talent and athleticism? Someone needs to tell those kids you're not good enough. It's crazy to what extent the dearth of talent runs up and down the Raider's roster. The from 7 on defense are physically weak relative to decent D1 OL's....

I believe I responded to you on the other thread. Fix your own damn program. Your arrogance is tiresome.

NY Crusader 2010
October 15th, 2022, 11:57 PM
Lehigh 27 Bucknell 16
Colgate 36 Georgetown 21
Holy Cross 30 Lafayette 4

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2022, 12:08 AM
I believe I responded to you on the other thread. Fix your own damn program. Your arrogance is tiresome.

Temple has plenty of problems (very much institutional related) yet they are 1-0 in the PL this season. I will not apologize for being an avid supporter of PL football; including attending 'Gate games ('Nova and JMU). The current state of the league is embarrassing outside of HC and Fordham. I am starting to get on board with the idea of the league giving up on the football and let the institutions captain their own ship.

Arrogance? There's no arrogance here. Believing you are better than you are is arrogance. Colgate football needs to come to grips with their reality. Just like Lehigh, Bucknell, Lafayette and Georgetown....

Go 'Gate, I've been here 19 years. I am strong in my convictions when it comes to PL/FCS football. I put my time in each Saturday watching each PL program. This keeps some semblance of perspective in terms evaluating each team relative to potential. AGS is a great place to be as "brutally honest" as possible with the current state of some of these programs. I have been nothing but complementary/willing to go to bat for Fordham and Holy Cross. If the opportunity presents itself I will attend one of their playoff games.....

Go...gate
October 16th, 2022, 12:41 AM
Temple has plenty of problems (very much institutional related) yet they are 1-0 in the PL this season. I will not apologize for being an avid supporter of PL football; including attending 'Gate games ('Nova and JMU). The current state of the league is embarrassing outside of HC and Fordham. I am starting to get on board with the idea of the league giving up on the football and let the institutions captain their own ship.

Arrogance? There's no arrogance here. Believing you are better than you are is arrogance. Colgate football needs to come to grips with their reality. Just like Lehigh, Bucknell, Lafayette and Georgetown....

Go 'Gate, I've been here 19 years. I am strong in my convictions when it comes to PL/FCS football. I put my time in each Saturday watching each PL program. This keeps some semblance of perspective in terms evaluating each team relative to potential. AGS is a great place to be as "brutally honest" as possible with the current state of some of these programs. I have been nothing but complementary/willing to go to bat for Fordham and Holy Cross. If the opportunity presents itself I will attend one of their playoff games.....

Good for you.

I have been an avid supporter of the Patriot League since 1986.

The conference, Colgate included, has seen good and bad times. Every conference does. That is my "brutal honesty" but, unlike you, I do not try to foist it on others as some pervasive, irrefutable reality.

Colgate does not believe that it is better than it is; on the contrary, it is doing the same things it has done for many years and I hope it continues to do so.

The Boogie Down
October 16th, 2022, 04:40 AM
Go 'Gate, I've been here 19 years. I am strong in my convictions when it comes to PL/FCS football. I put my time in each Saturday watching each PL program.

I have been an avid supporter of the Patriot League since 1986. The conference, Colgate included, has seen good and bad times. Every conference does.

Going back to the other thread and some others too, it kinda feels like Lehigh-TU has been on a mission to knock Colgate's OOC schedule. He's been doing it for a while now. I don't get it. If anything, Lehigh needs to challenge itself more. Or they should once they're back on track and ready for that next step. Otoh, it also kinda feels like GoGate could be a bit (or a lot) more brutal when it comes to his honesty. Except for the late '80s and the entire '00s this league has stunk. That's not me saying it, that's actual W's and L's.

But even though I'm kinda disagreeing w/both Lehigh-TU and GoGate on this, I gotta give them both props for being true PL fans. Seriously, when it comes to the league as a whole, these are two of the biggest; if not, the two biggest. Again, I don't mean for their own respective schools, I mean for the league itself.

I remember 20 yrs ago GoGate going on the Fordham board (back when Fordham had a knowledgeable board) and wishing us the best during what turned out to be our first truly successful I-AA season. Always appreciated his many positive comments. As for Lehigh-TU, there've been times (many times to be exact) when he seemed like a bigger Fordham homer than me. Not to mention the constant scoring updates to all PL games. No way could I do that. Especially not during the many down years.

Long post shorter, you're both two of the best when it comes to supporting the PL, so if you two are gonna have a back-and-forth, let's at least give it some bite. Instead of OOC schedules, or the bad times PL football is currently experiencing, let's save the debates for more important things. Like how much is Fordham gonna beat HC by in two weeks? What about the rematch down in Frisco? This is what all PL fans wanna know! xdrunkyx xcrazyx xdrunkyx

Southsider
October 16th, 2022, 11:36 AM
I've been following Owls posts for years. Honestly, I find his words to be honest, fair to all, and most important, correct. Keep them coming. As for the PL, it's become a total **** show. The decline has been a slow drip for the last decade. I too think the league should scrap FB and let the schools go their separate ways. The only other option is to go all-in and get rid of the archaic rules like the AI and no redshirt rules. Short of that it will continue with G-Town and Bucknell perhaps dropping FB altogether. Honestly, maybe that would be the best that could happen for the rest. I am in my 60's and can only hope I see this mess get turned around before my time is up.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Holy Cross 30 Lafayette 4

You are cruel.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2022, 11:45 AM
tHe PaTrIoT lEaGuE iS nOt ReSpEcTaBle UnLeSs LeHiGh WiNs ThE pAtRiOt LeAgUe xdrunkyx

Ivytalk
October 16th, 2022, 12:20 PM
I agree with NYCrusader2010’s picks. Had to LAWL at that HC-Laffy score. Two safeties? A safety and a returned blocked PAT?

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2022, 01:16 PM
The only other option is to go all-in and get rid of the archaic rules like the AI and no redshirt rules. Short of that it will continue with G-Town and Bucknell perhaps dropping FB altogether. Honestly, maybe that would be the best that could happen for the rest. I am in my 60's and can only hope I see this mess get turned around before my time is up.

Amusing how you've added Bucknell to the usual Georgetown rants that come at this time of year. Getting rid of the archaic rules would elevate those two schools in particular more than you might think.

And, as noted elsewhere, Georgetown is a guest of the PL. If the league truly doesn't want them, they can be voted out by the presidents.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2022, 02:11 PM
I agree with NYCrusader2010’s picks. Had to LAWL at that HC-Laffy score. Two safeties? A safety and a returned blocked PAT?

Why not? We double our score from the Princeton game according to Sader2010

RichH2
October 16th, 2022, 02:57 PM
I've been following Owls posts for years. Honestly, I find his words to be honest, fair to all, and most important, correct. Keep them coming. As for the PL, it's become a total **** show. The decline has been a slow drip for the last decade. I too think the league should scrap FB and let the schools go their separate ways. The only other option is to go all-in and get rid of the archaic rules like the AI and no redshirt rules. Short of that it will continue with G-Town and Bucknell perhaps dropping FB altogether. Honestly, maybe that would be the best that could happen for the rest. I am in my 60's and can only hope I see this mess get turned around before my time is up.
Status quo is not sustainable under the current rules. The landscape has changed dramatically since inception of the PL. PL either has to drop football or adjust its By-laws to adapt to the current reality. Repeal the PL wide AI. Modify redshirt rules by at least allowing a set # of redshirts permitted over a 4 yr period.
For Lehigh, the current coaching staff has not succeeded over 4 seasons. The experiment should be ended and a new HC hired. At the very least,Joe should force Gilmore to get a new OC.

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2022, 03:09 PM
Status quo is not sustainable under the current rules. The landscape has changed dramatically since inception of the PL. PL either has to drop football or adjust its By-laws to adapt to the current reality.

As well all know, status quo is very, very sustainable in Patriot World. If the league broke up, as many as three teams may have no place to go. Another two like the redshirt ban because it allows them cover as liberal arts colleges not to have adjusted already. Outside of Fordham (owing to a post-Chesney landscape that may not be as dominant for HC), I'm not sure how many these teams would trade the chances for a FCS playoff bid (roughly, one in five) for finishing 8th or 9th in the CAA.

NY Crusader 2010
October 16th, 2022, 05:23 PM

A field goal and a one-point safety.

A one-point safety is when, on a PAT attempt, the defensive team gains possession of the football and either fumbles the ball through it's own end zone or advances the ball backwards into its own end zone and the defensive player is either tackled or is ruled down before he is able to advance the ball back across the goal line.

The Cats
October 16th, 2022, 06:16 PM
Bucknell (0-6) at Lehigh (1-6)
Georgetown (1-5) at Colgate (1-5)
Holy Cross (6-0) at Lafayette (2-4)

Go...gate
October 16th, 2022, 08:49 PM
Going back to the other thread and some others too, it kinda feels like Lehigh-TU has been on a mission to knock Colgate's OOC schedule. He's been doing it for a while now. I don't get it. If anything, Lehigh needs to challenge itself more. Or they should once they're back on track and ready for that next step. Otoh, it also kinda feels like GoGate could be a bit (or a lot) more brutal when it comes to his honesty. Except for the late '80s and the entire '00s this league has stunk. That's not me saying it, that's actual W's and L's.

But even though I'm kinda disagreeing w/both Lehigh-TU and GoGate on this, I gotta give them both props for being true PL fans. Seriously, when it comes to the league as a whole, these are two of the biggest; if not, the two biggest. Again, I don't mean for their own respective schools, I mean for the league itself.

I remember 20 yrs ago GoGate going on the Fordham board (back when Fordham had a knowledgeable board) and wishing us the best during what turned out to be our first truly successful I-AA season. Always appreciated his many positive comments. As for Lehigh-TU, there've been times (many times to be exact) when he seemed like a bigger Fordham homer than me. Not to mention the constant scoring updates to all PL games. No way could I do that. Especially not during the many down years.

Long post shorter, you're both two of the best when it comes to supporting the PL, so if you two are gonna have a back-and-forth, let's at least give it some bite. Instead of OOC schedules, or the bad times PL football is currently experiencing, let's save the debates for more important things. Like how much is Fordham gonna beat HC by in two weeks? What about the rematch down in Frisco? This is what all PL fans wanna know! xdrunkyx xcrazyx xdrunkyx

I have always supported our member schools and I am proud of what our conference stands for. I bristle when people denigrate the league or its leadership. I was friendly with Carl Ullrich, Connie Hurlbut and Carolyn Femovich, the PL's first three Executive Directors. No one truly understands the efforts that have been made, really since 1983, to get the conference on its feet and sustain it through the years.

The late George Munger, who played, coached and was later an administrator at the University of Pennsylvania, always called himself an "Ivy League guy". Using that example, I like to think of myself as a "Patriot League guy".

Every member school has its unique idiosyncracies and traditions, and they should be embraced, not ridiculed. That is what a "conference" is all about.

With regard to Fordham, I am thrilled to have them with us and remember driving to Hamilton to watch them play their first Patriot League game against us on September 2, 1989. The spirit of many of the Ram alumni that also traveled to Colgate that afternoon was inspiring. They remembered Fordham's storied past and kept it alive - and that spirit continues to this day. I also have relatives who graduated from Fordham in the 30s and the 90s. So yes, I hold Fordham in very high regard. They have enhanced our conference.

Holy Cross is no different. They are one of Colgate's oldest and most respected rivals and peer schools.

I could offer observations on all our distinguished conference members, but that is not the subject matter of this thread.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2022, 08:54 PM

I seriously doubt that we would survive as FCS "Independents". We are who we are, and that includes every institution.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2022, 09:00 PM
As well all know, status quo is very, very sustainable in Patriot World. If the league broke up, as many as three teams may have no place to go. Another two like the redshirt ban because it allows them cover as liberal arts colleges not to have adjusted already. Outside of Fordham (owing to a post-Chesney landscape that may not be as dominant for HC), I'm not sure how many these teams would trade the chances for a FCS playoff bid (roughly, one in five) for finishing 8th or 9th in the CAA.

As I said above, I believe that to be unfairly critical of "Patriot World". It is a conference of diverse institutions and philosophies. Georgetown's non-scholarship policy is of aspect of that diversity. However, they are a great fit for the academics-first philosophy of the conference.

TheValleyRaider
October 18th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Back again. Looks like there is a little tiff going about schedules and the League. My two cents, what ails the League isn't scheduling FBS opponents, but our general (with two exceptions) inability to win OOC games against FCS opponents. Scheduling FBS games doesn't change that. Speaking of the League, we have a full slate of PL contests this weekend. It's not League-only from here on out, but definitely down the stretch now. Big one next week, but no reason to skip what is in front of us. 3-1 last week, 31-7 for the season.

Bucknell at Lehigh Lehigh We are living in a world where Lehigh is the favorite to go 2-0 in League play. How long ago was that not very interesting, not only predictable but predicted. At this point the Hawks win over Georgetown feels more predictive than the near Bison win over Towson in Week 1. Of course, if I'm wrong about one this week, this feels like it might be it. Not a strong feeling, mind you, but a feeling.

Georgetown at Colgate Colgate It's been a disappointing campaign for Colgate, especially following the win at Maine. The offense struggled early on, especially in the loss to Penn, but since then then defense has taken their place, particularly in giving up 34 to Cornell. Some of that is surely the increasing strength of the Ivy League, but it still doesn't feel good to lose to their second-division teams. I'm stalling talking about the Hoyas because I'm not really sure what to say. Georgetown has one win all-time against the Raiders, not sure why this year sees #2.

Holy Cross at Lafayette Holy Cross How much is Holy Cross looking ahead to the Fordham showdown next week? How much do they need to be for this to be competitive? I shouldn't actually say that, Lafayette is tough enough to defensively to hang in there, or at least look like they are hanging in there. Also, the Crusaders look like the kind of focused team to take their schedule one game at a time. Maybe this looks close for a little bit, but hard to see HC dropping one here.

DFW HOYA
October 18th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Georgetown at Colgate Colgate It's been a disappointing campaign for Colgate, especially following the win at Maine. The offense struggled early on, especially in the loss to Penn, but since then then defense has taken their place, particularly in giving up 34 to Cornell. Some of that is surely the increasing strength of the Ivy League, but it still doesn't feel good to lose to their second-division teams. I'm stalling talking about the Hoyas because I'm not really sure what to say. Georgetown has one win all-time against the Raiders, not sure why this year sees #2.

This is the most lopsided rivalry (if you want to call it that) in the PL and it's all about talent: it was prior to scholarships and it is since. The Hoyas can occasionally stay close with the Red Raiders in Washington but haven't been closer than 17 points in any game in Hamilton. The Georgetown DL has been undersized before and it is undersized again in 2022. Georgetown has one PL road win since the 2018 season and that was at Bucknell.

That said, this question: should Georgetown scrap its entire offense in favor of the triple option seen last week at Army? It would gut the recruiting at the WR positions and the line isn't built for it, but if you can't get talent, what's Plan B?

Pard4Life
October 18th, 2022, 06:59 PM
This is the most lopsided rivalry (if you want to call it that) in the PL and it's all about talent: it was prior to scholarships and it is since. The Hoyas can occasionally stay close with the Red Raiders in Washington but haven't been closer than 17 points in any game in Hamilton. The Georgetown DL has been undersized before and it is undersized again in 2022. Georgetown has one PL road win since the 2018 season and that was at Bucknell.

That said, this question: should Georgetown scrap its entire offense in favor of the triple option seen last week at Army? It would gut the recruiting at the WR positions and the line isn't built for it, but if you can't get talent, what's Plan B?

When Colgate went to the NC game in 2003, didn't Colgate beat Georgetown by something like two points and they needed to do it in the last minute?

DFW HOYA
October 18th, 2022, 07:13 PM
When Colgate went to the NC game in 2003, didn't Colgate beat Georgetown by something like two points and they needed to do it in the last minute?

The season opener, in Washington. It was the last year of the players recruited in the MAAC--Georgetown won four games that season and lost each of its first three games by eight points or less.

Go...gate
October 18th, 2022, 09:30 PM

The Wishbone does help by virtue of the fact that it is assignment-type offensive football and utilizes blocking schemes that offset size disadvantages. Carmen Cozza used it at Yale in his final years and, of course, Jim Young revitalized Army football with the Wishbone after taking the head coaching position there after the 1983 season. Georgia Southern also used it with great success under the late Erk Russell. The ofense's rarity also makes it difficult to defend against. I believe it would be worth it for Georgetown to try.

Leopard Loyalist
October 19th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Lehigh 24 Bucknell 17
Colgate 28 Georgetown 21
Holy Cross 35 Lafayette 14

The Boogie Down
October 19th, 2022, 03:19 PM
I have always supported our member schools and I am proud of what our conference stands for. I bristle when people denigrate the league or its leadership. I was friendly with Carl Ullrich, Connie Hurlbut and Carolyn Femovich, the PL's first three Executive Directors. No one truly understands the efforts that have been made, really since 1983, to get the conference on its feet and sustain it through the years.

The late George Munger, who played, coached and was later an administrator at the University of Pennsylvania, always called himself an "Ivy League guy". Using that example, I like to think of myself as a "Patriot League guy".

Every member school has its unique idiosyncracies and traditions, and they should be embraced, not ridiculed. That is what a "conference" is all about.

With regard to Fordham, I am thrilled to have them with us and remember driving to Hamilton to watch them play their first Patriot League game against us on September 2, 1989. The spirit of many of the Ram alumni that also traveled to Colgate that afternoon was inspiring. They remembered Fordham's storied past and kept it alive - and that spirit continues to this day. I also have relatives who graduated from Fordham in the 30s and the 90s. So yes, I hold Fordham in very high regard. They have enhanced our conference.

Holy Cross is no different. They are one of Colgate's oldest and most respected rivals and peer schools.

I could offer observations on all our distinguished conference members, but that is not the subject matter of this thread.

Yes, off the thread’s subject matter but I’d love returning to this in the off season. I can’t even imagine personally knowing all of those early leaders but it’s cool knowing there’s a “Patriot League Guy” out there who goes back to when the PL (or CL as it was once known), was just a dream. Not to mention all the early decisions, including letting Fordham on board.

On the one hand, I’m very appreciative of the PL for the invite. They took us out of D-III obscurity and on September 2, 1989 brought us back into a football world more suited for a school with our size and history. In return we did little to hold up our end of the bargain. Instead, we were the Georgetown before Georgetown and for many years looked completely hapless. But for 20 years now, since you showed your support for Fordham on the old Fordham board, we have been a legit FCS program. It hasn't been all good, but still steady and mostly solid. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about other PL teams. Especially not the past 5/6 years.

Starting with the 2017 campaign, Lehigh, Lafayette, Bucknell and Georgetown (57% of the league) have combined for one winning season. That’s six seasons; four teams; one winning year between them. And the one came thanks to the Covid mini-season.

I doubt any of those early leaders would find these numbers acceptable but that’s where we stand. So, yeah, I do like the PL’s history and what it stands for. I’m also grateful they gave Fordham football a home when, on several occasions for several different reasons, they truly had no obligation. Problem is, around September 2017, a tree came crashing down on that home and it still hasn't been fixed.

Lemme add that I do like the sound of “Patriot League Guy.” Even so, after six years of awful play from the same four teams, I'd bet a few Ivy League Guys would have already gotten together to move the goalposts. Maybe it wouldn’t be enough to save everyone but something would have happened by now to at least get 2 or 3 of the 4 back on their feet. Maybe it'll be this offseason. Hope so b/c the rest of the FCS world is moving fast!

Oh and to get back on topic... 30-4 might just be the cruelest prediction I've ever seen here. Georgetown running the wishbone would be very cool!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2022, 09:11 AM
Not sure what the meaning of the following is beyond "what meets the eye" but Colgate extended the contracts of 4 athletic coaches (men's lax, men/women tennis, men's rowing, women's rowing) but not Dakotsy. Anyone know how long Stan is locked up for?

crusader11
October 20th, 2022, 09:24 AM
I thought Dakotsy largely became the head coach by default.

Hunt misbehaving left Colgate in a bind, and making Dakotsy the interim and then head guy -- who had been at Colgate for 20 years as a player and coach -- was the easy and logical decision.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2022, 11:34 AM
I thought Dakotsy largely became the head coach by default.

Hunt misbehaving left Colgate in a bind, and making Dakotsy the interim and then head guy -- who had been at Colgate for 20 years as a player and coach -- was the easy and logical decision.

They clearly removed the interim label after last year? Right?!? Given that, I am wondering how long he signed for? Or is he still in the audition phase?

crusader11
October 20th, 2022, 11:42 AM
They clearly removed the interim label after last year? Right?!? Given that, I am wondering how long he signed for? Or is he still in the audition phase?

He was named interim head coach in May of 2021 and then had that tag removed in August of 2021.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2022, 10:15 PM
If history is any indication, Dakosty has at least a four-year contract, so he is most likely around until at least 2024.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2022, 10:17 PM
Very little is discussed about the Hunt situation.

Go...gate
October 21st, 2022, 12:40 AM
Lehigh 16, Bucknell 14

Colgate 23, Georgetown 13

Holy Cross 33, Lafayette 20

Bonus pick: Harvard 19, Princeton 17

DFW HOYA
October 21st, 2022, 10:22 AM
Colgate 23, Georgetown 13

Given that Georgetown has given up 205 points in its last four games and 95 to Colgate in its last three games in Hamilton, holding the Red Raiders to 23 would be a season's best accomplishment.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2022, 01:37 PM
Colgate 31 Georgetown 28
Holy Cross 34 Lafayette 9
Lehigh 27 Bucknell 17

crusader11
October 21st, 2022, 01:39 PM
Just zero juice for PL football this season. Miss the the years when this thread would be at page 15 by now.

RichH2
October 21st, 2022, 05:16 PM
Just zero juice for PL football this season. Miss the the years when this thread would be at page 15 by now.

Yup.Too many down programs for a while now. LU and Bucknell tanked. Gate struggling up but not ready to contend. Hoyas are who they are. Pards just restarting program..

DFW HOYA
October 21st, 2022, 06:08 PM
Yup.Too many down programs for a while now. LU and Bucknell tanked. Gate struggling up but not ready to contend. Hoyas are who they are. Pards just restarting program..

And once DeMorat and Kokosioulis leave, Fordham could join these six as Holy Cross is unopposed.

NY Crusader 2010
October 21st, 2022, 07:23 PM
And once DeMorat and Kokosioulis leave, Fordham could join these six as Holy Cross is unopposed.

You could also add, "once Chesney leaves" Holy Cross will join the other six. We're not North Dakota State. This run will end at some point, just like the Duffner era did. We're enjoying it and savoring every moment while it lasts.

I would kill for a Patriot League where Lehigh, Colgate, Fordham and Holy Cross are consistently good year in and year out. Anything out of the other 3 is a bonus.

RichH2
October 21st, 2022, 08:11 PM
You could also add, "once Chesney leaves" Holy Cross will join the other six. We're not North Dakota State. This run will end at some point, just like the Duffner era did. We're enjoying it and savoring every moment while it lasts.

I would kill for a Patriot League where Lehigh, Colgate, Fordham and Holy Cross are consistently good year in and year out. Anything out of the other 3 is a bonus.
We all would.

RichH2
October 21st, 2022, 08:22 PM
Gate
Lehigh
Holy Cross

DFW HOYA
October 21st, 2022, 10:55 PM

It's not getting better. As of week 7 two schools have guaranteed a losing season (Bucknell, Lehigh) one more joins the list Saturday (either Colgate or Georgetown) and it is likely as many as five of the seven schools will be below .500 at season's end. What other conference has these kind of numbers?

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2022, 11:38 AM
Very little is discussed about the Hunt situation.

What happened?

Sader87
October 22nd, 2022, 11:41 AM
Feeling some serious "trap game" vibes today....I'll be at a wedding reception for most of the game....trying to figure out ESPN+ on my phone xdrunkyx

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 11:45 AM
Feeling some serious "trap game" vibes today....I'll be at a wedding reception for most of the game....trying to figure out ESPN+ on my phone xdrunkyx

Just stop this.

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 11:48 AM
3-3 between Colgate and Georgetown.

0-0 between Lehigh and Bucknell.

Just terrible football.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2022, 12:01 PM
Just stop this.

There are nearly always 1 or 2 WTF? type games a year....this just seems like it could be one of those....Lafayette Homecoming, with nothing to lose etc....hope I'm wrong.

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 12:11 PM
A couple of pints at Herbies to you if HC doesn’t win by 24+?

fillfittonfield
October 22nd, 2022, 12:20 PM
Question for the Lehigh folks:

I watched last week’s game at Cornell and today’s game. It seems like the Lehigh center consistently snaps the ball low and short to the QB. The snaps are also a bit slow.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Sader87
October 22nd, 2022, 12:28 PM

You're on xdrunkyx

Not a betting man anymore....but the O/U of 38.5 seems awfully low

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2022, 12:39 PM
Colgate 17, Georgetown 3, 24 seconds remaining in the first half. Family Weekend in Hamilton.

RichH2
October 22nd, 2022, 12:44 PM
Question for the Lehigh folks:

I watched last week’s game at Cornell and today’s game. It seems like the Lehigh center consistently snaps the ball low and short to the QB. The snaps are also a bit slow.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It just started happening. Why? Dunno. Speculate naggingbinjury

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 01:29 PM
Bison with a FG....a real hum-dinger at Goodman...

10-10 about 12:00 4Q

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 01:44 PM
You're on xdrunkyx

Not a betting man anymore....but the O/U of 38.5 seems awfully low

Lafayette lost to Princeton 23-2 and lost to Penn 12-0. Most of their losses have been "slow death" type of games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 01:46 PM
Not sure what is worse, being stuck in an hours worth of traffic coming home from East Stroudsburg University this morning which prevented me from watching the first half or actually being able to witness the second half. Goodness gracious...The amount of penalties and simple junior high level mistakes is incredible. This is like Thursday Night NFL but playing with one hand tied behind your back and blind folded...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 01:59 PM
TD Lehigh!

Mountain Hawks 17-10 5:17 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 02:11 PM
TD Bison but the XP is blocked....lol...just two teams who are incapable of doing the little things...

Lehigh 17-16 2:05 4Q

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 02:11 PM
LOL, Bucknell scores to what looks to be the game-tying touchdown...but the PAT is blocked.

Absolutely perfect for this awful football game.

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 02:12 PM
This is just too funny.

Bucknell recovers the on-side kick and will now have a chance to win the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 02:13 PM
Bison recover the onside kick!! Here we go!! A PL Showcase!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 02:26 PM
I can;t believe Bucknell doesn't just QB sneak it...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 02:27 PM
It will come down to what amounts to an extra point length FG....

It's good!! Bucknell leads!!

19-17 Bison 0:18 4Q

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2022, 02:29 PM
Bucknell’s kicker looks like he borrowed his jersey from his dad.

19-17 🦬

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 02:29 PM
Bucknell could have ensured the field goal attempt was the last play of the game. They didn’t.

TheValleyRaider
October 22nd, 2022, 02:30 PM
Georgetown 24
Colgate 34
Final

Raiders kept Hoyas at bay most of the game. Defense looked shaky throughout, offense only punted once. Both teams quite methodical. A win is a win, on to Bucknell

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 02:33 PM
Bucknell 19 Lehigh 17 Final

With the bye coming up Gilmore must be dismissed. There is no excusing this level of futility. Worst loss in my time watching Lehigh football. Gilmore will go down as arguably the worst coach in Lehigh Athletic history given the program's level of historical success....

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2022, 02:33 PM
Now on to the massacre in Easton. Can the Pards score a TD…maybe even complete a few forward passes?

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2022, 02:35 PM
Bucknell 19 Lehigh 17 Final

With the bye coming up Gilmore must be dismissed. There is no excusing this level of futility. Worst loss in my time watching Lehigh football. Gilmore will go down as arguably the worst coach in Lehigh Athletic history given the program's level of historical success....

Who from the 98 football staff will Sterret hire next?

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 02:49 PM
Holy Cross/Lafayette is on MASN2 in the DC area, so I'm watching. Decent start for the Leopards, but converting 3rd and long will be tough.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 02:51 PM
I would have punted if I were Lafayette. Don't give Holy Cross a short field!

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 03:03 PM
Didn't see it, but what an awful loss for Lehigh.

Gilmore needs to go yesterday. Kutztown head coach and eastern Pennsylvania native Jim Clements is still available.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 03:05 PM
Sluka with an absolute dime to finally get the Crusaders within striking distance....

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2022, 03:05 PM
Posted on twitter and noted here: "In its last five games, Georgetown's defense has given up 30 touchdowns and 239 points overall." It would be been 31 but Colgate's Jaedon Henry took a knee rather than go in for an unopposed touchdown in the final three minutes.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 03:06 PM
It took most of the 1st quarter, but Holy Cross strikes first, scoring a touchdown off of a bad Lafayette offensive possession, a mediocre punt, a short field, and a really nice long pass against good coverage by the HC QB that set up the score. The Crusaders lead 7-0 with 28 seconds remaining in the 1st quarter.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 03:17 PM
Wow, nice drive by the Leopards, they respond to the Holy Cross touchdown with one of their own. It is now 7-7 with 11:29 remaining in the 2nd quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 03:21 PM
Wow, nice drive by the Leopards, they respond to the Holy Cross touchdown with one of their own. It is now 7-7 with 11:29 remaining in the 2nd quarter.

Regardless of the outcome Lafayette came to play. That's a very good sign.....

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 03:25 PM
Penalties hurting Holy Cross right now.

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 03:51 PM
Regardless of the outcome Lafayette came to play. That's a very good sign.....

10-7 Holy Cross. Big win for Lafayette holding us to a FG after that big run by Sluka.

Lafayette's opportunity to apply the pressure is now. Leopards have ball with 2:30 to go in the half and receive to start the second half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 03:52 PM
Sluka doing a "Steve Young vs the Vikings" rendition leads to a FG. 'Pards defense continues to play with a physical presence. If I am W&M, UNH or Delaware I am making note....

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 03:54 PM
How many blocked punts is HC going to get this year?

Also, how is Lafayette not better prepared for this? Yikes.

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 03:54 PM
Wow. It was only a matter of time before we blocked a punt today.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 03:55 PM
Shades of the Temple game for the Leopards, as they get a punt blocked and Holy Cross scores a touchdown off the block. The Crusaders now lead 17-7 late in the 2nd quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 03:55 PM
TD Crusaders! That was a huge sequence for HC!!

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 03:58 PM
OT note for the Keystone State contingent - East Stroudsburg just had a remarkable goal line stand against host Bloomsburg with about a minute left in the game, stopping the Huskies three times on runs at the 1 yard line after Bloom had 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. The Warriors return home to the Poconos with a 27-21 win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 04:03 PM
OT note for the Keystone State contingent - East Stroudsburg just had a remarkable goal line stand against host Bloomsburg with about a minute left in the game, stopping the Huskies three times on runs at the 1 yard line after Bloom had 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. The Warriors return home to the Poconos with a 27-21 win.

Trust me, still going to be a long trip east on I-80. The on-going road construction is causing a monumental tie-up both ways between the 380 split and 33. It took me early 2.5 hours to make it home from ESU to the Scranton area today. I was there to learn more about their doctoral program in Ed Admin. Not so much the program(s) themselves but what type of students/faculty they draw. West Chester and IUP remain the top PSAC schools for graduate degrees.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 04:06 PM
Trust me, still going to be a long trip east on I-80. The on-going road construction is causing a monumental tie-up both ways between the 380 split and 33. It took me early 2.5 hours to make it home from ESU to the Scranton area today. I was there to learn more about their doctoral program in Ed Admin. Not so much the programs themselves but what type of students/faculty they draw. West Chester and IUP remain the top PSAC schools for professional degrees.

They may use PA 940 and PA 611 from Mount Pocono to Bartonsville.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 04:07 PM
They may use PA 940 and PA 611 from Mount Pocono to Bartonsville.

That's what I did! Trust me, no good. The lights on 611 caused mayhem with everyone getting off 80. People trying to go form NJ to State College for the game tonight (saw a few based on connecting dots) they were arriving a lot later than anticipated. I'm talking absolute traffic lunacy!

PSAC seems a bit down this year on the national level. Not sure if anyone can win more than one playoff game.

Fordham
October 22nd, 2022, 04:32 PM
Oooof, Lafayette!! You cannot drop that TD pass right before the half

Fordham
October 22nd, 2022, 04:46 PM
Wow, TD

HC 17
Lafayette 14

Fordham
October 22nd, 2022, 04:49 PM

<bump>

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 04:57 PM
The way Lafayette was moving the ball of their last possession, I'm not sure the shovel pass on 3rd and 1 was the best call.

Southsider
October 22nd, 2022, 05:09 PM
es. Every f-ing game. The entire team is just horrible. What an embarrassment today.

- - - Updated - - -

es. Every f-ing game. The entire team is just horrible. What an embarrassment today.

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 05:10 PM
My colleague sader87 was right.

Beverage of choice?

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:11 PM
One, somewhat overlooked thing about Lafayette - they have played some good teams coming into this game against Holy Cross, including William & Mary (ranked, 1 loss), Penn (undefeated), and Princeton (undefeated), plus a FBS team in Temple.

The Leopards with a nice drive and they take the lead. LC is now ahead 21-17 with 13:35 remaining in regulation.

Lafayette has really controlled this game in all honesty. That Holy Cross blocked punt for a touchdown is still huge; it is keeping them in the game.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:16 PM
Lafayette with an INT. Wow, just wow. Holy Cross' special teams have widely outplayed the Leopards, but LC has been much better on offense and defense than the Crusaders.

Southsider
October 22nd, 2022, 05:17 PM
Pards looking very good!

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 05:19 PM
If punting wasn't a part of football, this game would be long over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Lafayette has the worst punt team in college football. Geesh....

CHIP72
Lafayette's horrible special teams strikes again with a bad punt snap. Holy Cross in business at the LC 32 yard line.

Southsider
Oh boy! Should have kept my mouth shut..........

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 05:20 PM
Why is Smith not calling any conventional running plays on 1st down?

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:22 PM
Oh boy! Should have kept my mouth shut..........

They (Lafayette) are playing well on offense and defense. Special teams on the other hand...well, they've been especially bad.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 05:22 PM
Lafayette is playing with such physicality on defense. What a hit...

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 05:23 PM
This is wild. If Lafayette holds on, the Patriot League stretch run if anything will be a whole lot of fun for once.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 05:27 PM
This is wild. If Lafayette holds on, the Patriot League stretch run if anything will be a whole lot of fun for once.

This would be a devastating loss for HC and the PL in general...

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:30 PM
Holy Cross QB with a heck of a play, but I don't think the receiver (who did a nice job with keeping his feet in bounds) held on all the way to the ground. We'll soon find out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 05:33 PM
Holy Cross QB with a heck of a play, but I don't think the receiver (who did a nice job with keeping his feet in bounds) held on all the way to the ground. We'll soon find out.

looks like the ball clearly hit the ground...

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:35 PM
Major brain fart by the Holy Cross offense in terms of the tight end covering up the tackle, who went out for a pass and was the intended receiver.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 05:36 PM
Interesting call here....i would seriously consider the FG given the the makeup of both teams...

But HC scores on 4th and goal! easy pitch and catch....

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:38 PM
I thought Holy Cross should have kicked the FG, but their gamble pays off and they score a touchdown on 4th and goal at the 15 yard line.

Crusaders now lead 24-21 with 4 minutes left in regulation.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:44 PM
Holy Cross with an INT deep in Lafayette territory on a deflected pass. The ball is inside the 15 yard line, Lafayette has two time outs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 05:44 PM
HC with the INT! That should just about wrap this up. There's always one game you need to survive against a far lesser foe. I think this will payoff heading into next week's showdown in Worcester....

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:49 PM
Game not over, Holy Cross misses a short FG.

There is still 2:25 left, LC with no time outs.

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 05:50 PM
WHY ARE WE KICKING THERE? Get the 2 yards. Going up 6 means nothing against a team w no kicking game anyway.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 05:52 PM
Holy Cross stuffs Lafayette on the Leopards' last possession, and the Crusaders are going to hold on for the win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2022, 05:52 PM
Lafayette's OL got absolutely lit up the last 5 minutes of this game. HC's front 7 completely took over....

Fordham
October 22nd, 2022, 05:54 PM
Hats off to Lafayette

Happy for the league and next week’s match up that HC won though

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2022, 05:55 PM
Where can I buy underwear in the Easton/Bethlehem/Philipsburg area?

crusader11
October 22nd, 2022, 05:57 PM
Should not have won that game. No way.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2022, 06:00 PM

Go to the Walmart between Easton and Nazareth on PA 248 near PA 33, northeast of Bethlehem on PA 191 near US 22, or east of Phillipsburg on US 22 near I-78.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2022, 07:16 PM
At a wedding and didn't see....but told ya'....there's always a WTF game....hats off to the Leopards on a well played game.

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2022, 07:16 PM
Week 8, what we learned:

1. Holy Cross: Every great team has a trap game which they navigate through, and that's what the Crusaders did. They'll be ready next week.
2. Fordham: If the defense doesn't tighten next week, the offense won't keep them in the game.
3. Colgate: Good for 4-2 in the conference with Bucknell, Lehigh, and Lafayette ahead of them
4. Lafayette: This one's going to hurt.
5. Bucknell: This may be it en route to 1-10, but an inspired win nonetheless at Lehigh.
6. Lehigh: Games with Holy Cross, Colgate, and Lafayette put 1-10 in range.
7. Georgetown: Hoyas averaging 47.8 points allowed over its last five games. And 2023 could be much worse.

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2022, 07:57 PM
Week 8, what we learned:

1. Holy Cross: Every great team has a trap game which they navigate through, and that's what the Crusaders did. They'll be ready next week.
2. Fordham: If the defense doesn't tighten next week, the offense won't keep them in the game.
3. Colgate: Good for 4-2 in the conference with Bucknell, Lehigh, and Lafayette ahead of them
4. Lafayette: This one's going to hurt.
5. Bucknell: This may be it en route to 1-10, but an inspired win nonetheless at Lehigh.
6. Lehigh: Games with Holy Cross, Colgate, and Lafayette put 1-10 in range.
7. Georgetown: Hoyas averaging 47.8 points allowed over its last five games. And 2023 could be much worse.
Lafayette should beat Colgate with Davis at QB. He’s the best we have.

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2022, 08:58 PM
Hell of a week in the league.

Fordham
October 23rd, 2022, 08:09 AM

Ha!

<golf clap, then hat tip>

ngineer
October 23rd, 2022, 10:18 PM
I was at Goodman on Saturday and can honestly say it was the most dismal sun shiny day I have ever experienced. The top performance of the day was by the Lehigh Marching 97, who has consistently put up great precision marching designs, which is not easy to do while playing some complicated music. Plus the traditional finale of "Marching Lehigh" is always a delight to see.
The two groups dressing up in football uniforms put on a farcical impression of a game called football. Putrid. How can teams in their 8th game of the season make such mistakes--12 penalties each? As the late coach, Bill McKay of the Tampa Bay Bucaneers said about his team's execution, "I think it's a good idea". 'nuf said. Where's my paper bag....

ngineer
October 23rd, 2022, 10:25 PM
Center is backup I believe. It has been mind boggling to me as well.

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2022, 05:51 AM

They sell them in 3 packs too!

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2022, 05:53 AM
Hats off to Lafayette

Happy for the league and next week’s match up that HC won though

Thanks much Mr Fordham! Do we play you folks in Bronx this year? I have never seen game in Bronx ot Georgetown - both need to come off my list to go to

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2022, 05:55 AM
Should not have won that game. No way.

I looked at the stats....omg! That blocked punt and miscue he had to fall on the other. Time for a new ST coach! Did he come from F&M?

caribbeanhen
October 24th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Thanks much Mr Fordham! Do we play you folks in Bronx this year? I have never seen game in Bronx ot Georgetown - both need to come off my list to go to

If you make it to the Bronx try to hit up Cuchifritos which is almost across the street from Fordham

crusader11
October 24th, 2022, 08:03 AM
I looked at the stats....omg! That blocked punt and miscue he had to fall on the other. Time for a new ST coach! Did he come from F&M?

I'd like to know the last time a team had fewer than 100 yards in both the passing and rushing game, and still won.

Lafayette's defense really was impressive. I hope Troxell gets the offense figured out next year.

ngineer
October 24th, 2022, 03:44 PM
I'd like to know the last time a team had fewer than 100 yards in both the passing and rushing game, and still won.

Lafayette's defense really was impressive. I hope Troxell gets the offense figured out next year.

Lehigh has an OC he might be interested in....xsmiley_wix

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2022, 03:59 PM
Lehigh has an OC he might be interested in....xsmiley_wix

HARD PASS!!

Southsider
October 24th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Does anybody know where Alex Snyder was on Saturday???? Gilmore/Brisson ruined this guy's LU career!

RichH2
October 24th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Does anybody know where Alex Snyder was on Saturday???? Gilmore/Brisson ruined this guy's LU career!

Absolute truth.Lehigh''s best receiver by far
They tout him every year yet he is rarely targeted. He is the kind of player you design plays to get him the ball That Brisson basically used him as a blocker rather than a receiver is a. Shame.

Pards Rule
October 25th, 2022, 06:30 AM
If you make it to the Bronx try to hit up Cuchifritos which is almost across the street from Fordham

Appreciate!

Southsider
October 25th, 2022, 07:34 AM
They tout him every year yet he is rarely targeted. He is the kind of player you design plays to get him the ball That Brisson basically used him as a blocker rather than a receiver is a. Shame.

I never saw him in the game. Not sure he played.

Fordham
October 25th, 2022, 09:57 AM

Yep. November 12 at 1pm. I expect it will be a HUGE game for Fordham’s playoff hopes. Hope to see you there. Let me know if I can help with your visit at all

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Appreciate!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a fancy place. Good for some snacks though

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2022, 03:37 PM

and he’s not in the transfer portal?

ngineer
October 25th, 2022, 04:10 PM

+1

ngineer
October 25th, 2022, 04:11 PM
He may end up there. He's a senior, but may have another year of eligibility.

Pards Rule
October 29th, 2022, 08:50 AM
He may end up there. He's a senior, but may have another year of eligibility.

Theres a good school about 12 miles east!