PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-15

JALMOND
October 12th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Full slate of games on tap for this Saturday. Everyone in the conference is playing. Six conference games and all twelve playing. Interesting matchups all day from top to bottom in the conference. We should get a clear picture as to who the real teams are and who the fakes are. I am flying in to this weekend on a hot streak, achieving perfection for the last two weeks and hoping to earn a third week of perfection as well. I am at 42-8 overall. With that, here are my predictions for this weekend in the Big Sky.

CP at ISU---The Mustangs have one win so far this season, a squeaker against San Diego, while the Bengals have yet to break through on the win column. The Bengals are at home this weekend so that should be enough for their first win...ISU 28, CP 26.

UI at UM---With the success of the Vandals this year, this game with the Grizzlies means a lot. Both teams had last week off so both had two weeks to prepare for this. Vandals want to show they belong, while the Grizzlies want to keep rolling...UM 35, UI 21.

MSU at UNC---The Bobcats have been rolling too, and even with injuries, they are looking tough. But conference road wins are hard to get and playing a feisty Bears team eager to play spoiler at their place could be rough. Still, the Bobcats should win...MSU 21, UNC 14.

WSU at PSU---The Wildcats got a big road win last week and have a big game coming next week, so this tilt in between, against a Vikings team that beat them last year at their place, may be a trap game. Still, the Wildcats should prevail...WSU 27, PSU 23.

SAC at EWU---Simply, the Hornets have an offense that puts up a lot of points, and the Eagles have a defense that gives up a lot of points. The Eagles offense can score a lot of points as well, but the Hornets defense does not give up points...SAC 51, EWU 35.

NAU at UCD---The Lumberjacks have a record that is pretty indicative of the way they've played so far. The Aggies have a record that doesn't truly show the way they've played so far. The Aggies should start to get right with this game at home...UCD 35, NAU 17.

bonarae
October 12th, 2022, 08:55 PM
ISU orange
Griz
Montana State
Weber State
Sac
UC Davis

wapiti
October 13th, 2022, 09:35 AM
CP 17 at ISU 21--- Big Sky pillow fight of the week. This is the best chance for either team to get a W. ISU is at home and that will be the difference

UI 24 at UM 32--- Big Sky game of the week. UM's schedule is finally giving them a test with upstart Idaho. We will see how UM responds against a team that can punch back. I predict they do respond.

MSU 27 at UNC 17--- UNC has been improving as the season has progressed, but so has MSU. MSU may be getting some injured players back on the active roster.

WSU 35 at PSU 20--- I do not think BBQ is going to look past PSU after losing to them last year, especially with the game @ PSU.

SAC 45 at EWU 17--- EWU must win out to have consideration for the playoffs. Sac has been rolling their competition including a FBS, and EWU defense is not as good as a bad FBS team.

NAU 20 at UCD 35 --- NAU has struggled to show much improvement over the course of the season and UCD must win out to have playoff consideration and is at home.

dbackjon
October 13th, 2022, 12:09 PM
Potato State
Univ of Ursus
Bobkittens
Weebs
Horney's
NAU

SeattleCat
October 13th, 2022, 12:43 PM
I'm gonna take:
Idaho State in a nail biter. 31-28
Idaho Potatoes in a shocking upset with a 4th quarter Miracle or Meltdown, depends which side you're on. 24-20
Montana State flattens the Bears 41-24, clipboard gate continues as this time McCaffery's target is a Bobcat player and not an innocent fan. #HEHOOKEDIT
Weber keeps cooking on the road. 28-7
Sac St squeeks by Eastern on the god awful rag. 35-33
UC Davis takes out some pent up aggression on the lumberjacks. 44-20

MSUBobcat
October 13th, 2022, 12:58 PM
Potato State
Univ of Ursus
Bobkittens
Weebs
Horney's
NAU

Got knowledge of bookies threatening to break some Davis players' legs or kidnap mothers or something? xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 13th, 2022, 01:09 PM
Cal Poly 24 @ ISU-o 27 - Bungles last chance for a W; they won't blow it.... will they?
Idaho 20 @ UM 28 - Montana finally playing a team with a pulse, but it's at home so they prevail, but do not cover the spread.
MSU 42 @ UNC 17 - The Bears have looked better since the HCU loss, but not that much better. Ground game pounds them into submission.
WSU 34 @ PSU 17 - The Grills look solid on both side of the ball and won't look past the Vikes this year.
Sac St. 38 @ EWU 20 - Sac has a very potent offense and EWU has a porous defense. Sac also seems like they can play some defense.
NAU 24 @ UC-Davis 41 - The Aggies take out their frustrations of their tough schedule on the visitors.

nevadagriz
October 13th, 2022, 02:00 PM
If UNC coach plays his son MSU wins by 28+ points, If he plays the back up Msu by 21

MSUBobcat
October 13th, 2022, 03:09 PM
If UNC coach plays his son MSU wins by 28+ points, If he plays the back up Msu by 21

xchinscratchx With that info, anyone seen the depth chart for this week? Sports Bet MT has the spread at 24.5, so their QB dictates which way I'm betting. xdrunkyx

Griz line moved up 2 pts to 16.5 xeekx Sorry Grizzlies, but I'm just not sure you beat them by 4 more points than B1G team Indiana, so I'm taking the Vandals to cover. I know WGS is a tough place to play but the travel is easier also (for whatever slight effect that may have on a game). I like Idaho at +14.5. My prediction was an 8 pt game, but not when it comes to actual money on the line xlolx

dbackjon
October 13th, 2022, 03:43 PM
Got knowledge of bookies threatening to break some Davis players' legs or kidnap mothers or something? xlolx

Just a hunch. Nothing more.

BRB - got some calls to make

VandalBasher
October 13th, 2022, 08:41 PM
I'm gonna take:
Idaho Potatoes in a shocking upset with a 4th quarter Miracle or Meltdown, depends which side you're on. 24-20
Montana State flattens the Bears 41-24, clipboard gate continues as this time McCaffery's target is a Bobcat player and not an innocent fan. #HEHOOKEDIT

I can live with that prediction!

mvemjsunpx
October 13th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Saturday

Sac State 45-35 EWU — Eastern needs this one bad, but their defense is just too discombobulated to handle the Hornets

Weber 34-20 Portland St. — Three-week gauntlet coming up for the Wildcats

NAU 14-31 Davis — The Aggies finally get a breather

Cal Poly 28-27 Idaho St. — Good chance the loser goes 0-8

Idaho 17-31 Montana — Is Montana good or just pretty good? Is Idaho pretty good or just above average?

Montana St. 34-14 NoCo — The Bobcats probably have the easiest remaining schedule of the Big Sky title contenders

grizband
October 14th, 2022, 02:08 PM
Saturday

Sac State 45-35 EWU — Eastern needs this one bad, but their defense is just too discombobulated to handle the Hornets

Weber 34-20 Portland St. — Three-week gauntlet coming up for the Wildcats

NAU 14-31 Davis — The Aggies finally get a breather

Cal Poly 28-27 Idaho St. — Good chance the loser goes 0-8

Idaho 17-31 Montana — Is Montana good or just pretty good? Is Idaho pretty good or just above average?

Montana St. 34-14 NoCo — The Bobcats probably have the easiest remaining schedule of the Big Sky title contenders
Also, Montana might have the most difficult remaining schedule of the Big Sky contenders. Playing Sac State, Weber and MSU on the road does not bode well for the Griz!

JALMOND
October 14th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Just a hunch. Nothing more.

BRB - got some calls to make

My hunch is telling me that between MSU, Weber and Sac, one of those teams are going to succumb to the conference road test and lose. Too much time-consuming to try to figure out exactly which one so I just took the favorites, but I am thinking one of those teams is losing this weekend.

But, maybe it is indigestion and not a hunch. xlolx

Grizalltheway
October 14th, 2022, 08:00 PM
Also, Montana might have the most difficult remaining schedule of the Big Sky contenders. Playing Sac State, Weber and MSU on the road does not bode well for the Griz!

But it will do wonders for their seeding when they win them all.

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Interesting what happens when Montana plays a good team.

I'll have it known I was on Idaho back in September.

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2022, 05:19 PM
But it will do wonders for their seeding when they win them all.

Of course I meant all of them AFTER this one.

uofmman1122
October 15th, 2022, 06:21 PM
Another year, another team that just doesn't have it.

We're gonna be 5-3 in two weeks.

mvemjsunpx
October 15th, 2022, 06:29 PM
Another year, another team that just doesn't have it.

We're gonna be 5-3 in two weeks.

I hate to bring this up, but do the Griz make the playoffs at 7-4? xembarrassedx

uofmman1122
October 15th, 2022, 06:35 PM
I hate to bring this up, but do the Griz make the playoffs at 7-4? xembarrassedx
95% yes, but some weirdness always happens.

With SHSU and JMU gone, they are gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill those last at-large spots, and a 7-D1-win Montana team is virtually a lock.

I'm honestly a little worried we go 6-5, though, if I'm being completely honest. That team that played today loses 4 of 5 down the stretch, for sure.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2022, 06:49 PM
95% yes, but some weirdness always happens.

With SHSU and JMU gone, they are gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill those last at-large spots, and a 7-D1-win Montana team is virtually a lock.

I'm honestly a little worried we go 6-5, though, if I'm being completely honest. That team that played today loses 4 of 5 down the stretch, for sure.

I wouldn't go as high as 95%. A hypothetical 3 game losing streak, lose 4 of last 6, end on a loss, and signature win is.... EWU? I could leave that team home pretty easily depending on how the bubble plays out.

That said... NC$$ would be hard pressed to not take that first round UM bid.

VandalBasher
October 15th, 2022, 06:50 PM
I asked the same question (before today) if Idaho would make the playoffs at 7-4.

uofmman1122
October 15th, 2022, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't go as high as 95%. A hypothetical 3 game losing streak, lose 4 of last 6, end on a loss, and signature win is.... EWU? I could leave that team home pretty easily depending on how the bubble plays out.
I don't think you realize how bad the last in teams are going to be going forward, but I guess I'd go down to 75%.

More likely than not.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2022, 08:02 PM
I don't think you realize how bad the last in teams are going to be going forward, but I guess I'd go down to 75%.

More likely than not.

I agree more likely than not, but I'd put them as 60-65%. Not sure I'd give 3:1 odds. If the Griz lose 3 straight, they'd likely drop out of the top 25. Then they fight back in with wins over Poly and EWU, which may bring them back in the top 25 but doesn't move the needle much. Then a loss to drop right before Selection Sunday? Remember, you likely have to be top 21 this year, as the PFL, NEC and probably the Big South Champ won't be ranked, yet get the AQ. Patriot looks like they may get a rare 2nd bid (HC and Fordham). OVC looks like they'll get 2 also because UT-Martin and SEMO don't play so both should win out. Southland may only get 1 after SELA's debacle last weekend against TAMU-Commerce, but if they run the table, they'd probably get the nod over a 7-4 Griz (only next week at Jacksonville State should be much challenge, but they just lost a head scratcher, so....). SoCon is looking like 3 bids. MVFC likely sends NDSU, SDSU, UND and SIU. In this hypothetical, if Sac, Weber and MSU all beat the Griz, they're in plus an 8-3 (8-1 vs FCS) Idaho. CAA has 6-7 fighting for a berth currently (Elon, Rhody, W&M, Delaware, Richmond, UNH and a falling Nova). Does the Big Sky get a 5th bid or does the CAA get 5 out of the aforementioned group?

Still a long way to go and plenty of opportunities for some of the 15-25 teams to stub their toe also.

uofmman1122
October 15th, 2022, 09:19 PM
Well, we’ll go 6-5, so it won’t be an issue lol

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2022, 09:37 PM

Haha. I think 8-3 more likely. But I'm okay with 6-5 too.

wapiti
October 15th, 2022, 10:31 PM
Utah state beat Colorado state today. So, of course, Weber's win over Utah state is better than sac state win over Colorado state

mvemjsunpx
October 15th, 2022, 10:41 PM

I'd say 7-4, maybe 8-3 if they get things in gear before Bozeman. I don't think the Griz are losing to this EWU team at home.

uofmman1122
October 15th, 2022, 11:13 PM
I'd say 7-4, maybe 8-3 if they get things in gear before Bozeman. I don't think the Griz are losing to this EWU team at home.
I don't think we'll actually go 6-5, but 8-3 seems unlikely with the remaining schedule. If you forced me to put money on one or the other, I might be tempted to put it on 6-5.

JALMOND
October 16th, 2022, 05:20 AM
I asked the same question (before today) if Idaho would make the playoffs at 7-4.

I'd say you have your signature win. I'd put you in.

- - - Updated - - -

Full slate of games on tap for this Saturday. Everyone in the conference is playing. Six conference games and all twelve playing. Interesting matchups all day from top to bottom in the conference. We should get a clear picture as to who the real teams are and who the fakes are. I am flying in to this weekend on a hot streak, achieving perfection for the last two weeks and hoping to earn a third week of perfection as well. I am at 42-8 overall. With that, here are my predictions for this weekend in the Big Sky.

CP at ISU---The Mustangs have one win so far this season, a squeaker against San Diego, while the Bengals have yet to break through on the win column. The Bengals are at home this weekend so that should be enough for their first win...ISU 28, CP 26.

UI at UM---With the success of the Vandals this year, this game with the Grizzlies means a lot. Both teams had last week off so both had two weeks to prepare for this. Vandals want to show they belong, while the Grizzlies want to keep rolling...UM 35, UI 21.

MSU at UNC---The Bobcats have been rolling too, and even with injuries, they are looking tough. But conference road wins are hard to get and playing a feisty Bears team eager to play spoiler at their place could be rough. Still, the Bobcats should win...MSU 21, UNC 14.

WSU at PSU---The Wildcats got a big road win last week and have a big game coming next week, so this tilt in between, against a Vikings team that beat them last year at their place, may be a trap game. Still, the Wildcats should prevail...WSU 27, PSU 23.

SAC at EWU---Simply, the Hornets have an offense that puts up a lot of points, and the Eagles have a defense that gives up a lot of points. The Eagles offense can score a lot of points as well, but the Hornets defense does not give up points...SAC 51, EWU 35.

NAU at UCD---The Lumberjacks have a record that is pretty indicative of the way they've played so far. The Aggies have a record that doesn't truly show the way they've played so far. The Aggies should start to get right with this game at home...UCD 35, NAU 17.

Missed Idaho's win in Missoula. 5-1 this week puts me at 47-9 for the year.

MSUBobcat
October 16th, 2022, 09:38 AM
Cal Poly 24 @ ISU-o 27 - Bungles last chance for a W; they won't blow it.... will they?
Idaho 20 @ UM 28 - Montana finally playing a team with a pulse, but it's at home so they prevail, but do not cover the spread.
MSU 42 @ UNC 17 - The Bears have looked better since the HCU loss, but not that much better. Ground game pounds them into submission.
WSU 34 @ PSU 17 - The Grills look solid on both side of the ball and won't look past the Vikes this year.
Sac St. 38 @ EWU 20 - Sac has a very potent offense and EWU has a porous defense. Sac also seems like they can play some defense.
NAU 24 @ UC-Davis 41 - The Aggies take out their frustrations of their tough schedule on the visitors.

Didn't get Idaho, but knew they'd cover the 17.5 points easily. All my other picks were closer than the oddsmakers, so I hit 2 $5 parlays on just the Big Sky games and another $3 parlay that also added SDSU and WIU covering, for $1100 in winnings. I love how there's usually some bad misses by oddsmakers.

bobcathpdevil56
October 16th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Didn't get Idaho, but knew they'd cover the 17.5 points easily. All my other picks were closer than the oddsmakers, so I hit 2 $5 parlays on just the Big Sky games and another $3 parlay that also added SDSU and WIU covering, for $1100 in winnings. I love how there's usually some bad misses by oddsmakers.

Nicely done. That makes for a great day!

SeattleCat
October 16th, 2022, 01:47 PM
I'm gonna take:

Got them all and pretty much called the Montana/Idaho game.

JALMOND
October 17th, 2022, 10:52 AM

Looking at it some more...

Idaho remaining schedule

PSU
at Sac
EWU
Davis
at Idaho State

If Vandals continue to play like they have been playing, I only see one loss (Sacramento State). 8-3 would definitely get you in.

dbackjon
October 17th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Potato State
Univ of Ursus
Bobkittens
Weebs
Horney's
NAU

3 of 5