View Full Version : 7 2022 Midseason Superlatives for FCS Football (with Player Hardware Predictions)

bonarae
October 12th, 2022, 12:27 AM
... given his biases, but has he overcome it here?

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-10-12/7-fcs-football-midseason-superlatives-plus-bonus-predictions-whats-going-happen-next?utm_campaign=trending

penguinpower
October 12th, 2022, 05:40 AM
I only watch MVFC football at the FCS level until the playoffs come around. The two teams on the field in the Twitter feed look like they have a JV roster due to their size. While that player may be good, who is he really playing against that's actually good competition? The OL looks slow, fat and unathletic compared to what I'm used to seeing.

I'm not trying to offend anyone by stating this, just pointing out my observations. Neither of the teams would beat one of the Dakota State teams and I would be willing to put money on them being unable to be competitive with the majority of the MVFC regardless of their W/L record.

Anyone else see this too? Or is this an elephant in the room?

crusader11
October 12th, 2022, 05:53 AM
Could you please be more specific? Lots of tweets embedded in that article.

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2022, 06:32 AM
Could you please be more specific? Lots of tweets embedded in that article.
Fairly safe to assume the reference is to any Tweets not of MVFC Teams, as all other FCS Teams are perceived as JV-sized, slow, fat, and unathletic by fans of all MVFC Teams…no offense.

Gil Dobie
October 12th, 2022, 06:57 AM
Fairly safe to assume the reference is to any Tweets not of MVFC Teams, as all other FCS Teams are perceived as JV-sized, slow, fat, and unathletic by fans of all MVFC Teams…no offense.

Please include the Big Sky this type of MVFC talk. Big Sky might be above the MVFC the last couple years.

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2022, 07:08 AM
Please include the Big Sky this type of MVFC talk. Big Sky might be above the MVFC the last couple years.
True…but the “non-offender” in this case is a Penguin, so…

Milktruck74
October 12th, 2022, 09:18 PM
While he won't win the Buchanon because his numbers arent impressive enough this year... Devonshe Maxwell needs a serious look. He doesn't have a bunch of Sacks this year, but he is responsible for 16...yes 16 sacks in 5 games are directly attributed to him. He is being double and triple teamed every play which frees up Ben Brewton and Jay Pearson to go make plays...he isn't getting the numbers, but he is CAUSING the numbers! to be got!!