PDA

View Full Version : CAA Pick’em Week 7

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 07:22 AM
Hard to believe we are already at the halfway point.

Standings at the halfway point:
1. UNH. 4-0. 4-2
2. Elon. 3-0. 5-1
3. Delaware. 3-1. *5-1
4. W&M. 2-1. *5-1
Monmouth. 2-1. 4-2
5. Richmond. 1-1. 3-2
Villanova. 1-1. 3-2
Rhode Island. 1-1. 2-2
Maine. 1–1. 1-4
6. Hampton. 0-2. 3-2
UAlbany. 0-2. 1-4
7. Towson. 0-3. 2-4
8. Stony Brook. 0-4. 0-5
*Includes FBS win

Week 7 Match-ups
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at URI
UNH at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at UAlbany
Stony Brook at Fordham

All games Saturday. Good luck!

FUBeAR
October 10th, 2022, 07:46 AM
Week 7 Match-ups
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at URI
UNH at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at UAlbany
Stony Brook at Fordham

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 08:03 AM
Two big games this week relative to competing for the CAA championship along with playoff implications:

Elon @ URI
This is a must win for URI, in order to remain a contender. URI would need a win here as they still have three road games ahead at Monmouth, UNH and W&M. It will be a tough hill if they don’t win here.
For Elon, a big win if they can get it. With games at UNH and home vs Delaware, there don’t look to be many more roadblocks ahead for the Phoenix. A loss won’t be catastrophic. They still would be appear to be on pace for an 8-3 finish and playoff spot.
URI may have a mental edge. It was Elon that throttled the Rams on the last weekend of 2021, costing them a playoff spot. I’m sure they may be thinking payback time in Kingston.

Villanova @ Richmond
One will pick up their 2nd conference loss and 3rd overall. Given the upcoming games for both here, a win keeps one in the hunt, a loss pretty much assures a mid season exit for the other from contention, CAA or playoffs.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Two big games this week relative to competing for the CAA championship along with playoff implications:

Elon @ URI
This is a must win for URI, in order to remain a contender. URI would need a win here as they still have three road games ahead at Monmouth, UNH and W&M. It will be a tough hill if they don’t win here.
For Elon, a big win if they can get it. With games at UNH and home vs Delaware, there don’t look to be many more roadblocks ahead for the Phoenix. A loss won’t be catastrophic. They still would be appear to be on pace for an 8-3 finish and playoff spot.
URI may have a mental edge. It was Elon that throttled the Rams on the last weekend of 2021, costing them a playoff spot. I’m sure they may be thinking payback time in Kingston.

Villanova @ Richmond
One will pick up their 2nd conference loss and 3rd overall. Given the upcoming games for both here, a win keeps one in the hunt, a loss pretty much assures a mid season exit for the other from contention, CAA or playoffs.

Elon most likely beats Rhode again

Richmond beats Nova and goes on a roll until Delaware game...and it will be a big game

W&M looks top 10 to me, Yoder sure did get healthy if he was even hurt to begin with

crusader11
October 10th, 2022, 08:21 AM
Without question, the most difficult pick 'em week.

Monmouth going to Maine is a really tricky game for them.

Fordham may also have been lulled to sleep the last couple of weeks playing against Georgetown and Lehigh. While Stony Brook ain't great this year, I think this has the potential to be a close game.

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 08:28 AM
Elon most likely beats Rhode again

Richmond beats Nova and goes on a roll until Delaware game...and it will be a big game

W&M looks top 10 to me, Yoder sure did get healthy if he was even hurt to begin with

Not as confident on Elon as yet. I would think URI is or would be favored at home. Could see it going either way. Elon can afford the loss, URI cannot.

Agree, I think Richmond may well dispose of Villanova. Both still have W&M and Delaware on their upcoming schedules. I think Richmond also has UNH at home. There’s certain danger for the loser. It will still be a very competitive game I think. Villanova won’t go away quietly.

Yoder is a beast, one of the best in many years at W&M. I believe he’s also committed to one more year of play for the Tribe.

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 08:31 AM

Fordham may also have been lulled to sleep the last couple of weeks playing against Georgetown and Lehigh. While Stony Brook ain't great this year, I think this has the potential to be a close game.

Stony Brook fought hard through 3 quarters in our recent game there. They will get a bust out win somewhere. I thought they might get it at UNH but didn’t quite.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Stony Brook fought hard through 3 quarters in our recent game there. They will get a bust out win somewhere. I thought they might get it at UNH but didn’t quite.

The Fordham D is bad enough to keep Stony in the game

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 08:47 AM
Not as confident on Elon as yet. I would think URI is or would be favored at home. Could see it going either way. Elon can afford the loss, URI cannot.

Agree, I think Richmond may well dispose of Villanova. Both still have W&M and Delaware on their upcoming schedules. I think Richmond also has UNH at home. There’s certain danger for the loser. It will still be a very competitive game I think. Villanova won’t go away quietly.

Yoder is a beast, one of the best in many years at W&M. I believe he’s also committed to one more year of play for the Tribe.

Yoder is a beast

I just wanted too say it again

MUHAWKS
October 10th, 2022, 08:57 AM

Def a tricky game for us- Long trip, homecoming next week with URI coming to town- we are banged up a bit (although getting healthier) and Maine is clearly down but seemingly maybe capable of playing well at some point and this is there homecoming. Imperative we get off to a good start. Out of all the CAA teams I know the least about this year's Maine team...Interested in why you think it is tricky?

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 10th, 2022, 09:18 AM

Maine's run D is helluva lot better than it's 2ndary which combined with Homecoming gives it a shot. Weather looks great and hopefully they contain the best running attack in the CAA, Massey has Monmouth a 5.5 pt favorite. Freddy Brock is starting to look like he did last year as the broken Fibia has slowed him considerably.

crusader11
October 10th, 2022, 09:23 AM
...Interested in why you think it is tricky?

Nothing more than traveling to Orono is never fun or easy for opposing teams and they're coming off of their first win, albeit against Hampton. Think Monmouth finds a way to win, but believe it will be closer than expected.

Curious to see what the spread is for this one. Guessing somewhere between Monmouth -5.5 to -8.

MUHAWKS
October 10th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Maine's run D is helluva lot better than it's 2ndary which combined with Homecoming gives it a shot. Weather looks great and hopefully they contain the best running attack in the CAA, Massey has Monmouth a 5.5 pt favorite. Freddy Brock is starting to look like he did last year as the broken Fibia has slowed him considerably.

Thank you-- Yeah wish like hell I was going but 7 hours each way cannot manage it.. If your secondary is not good then watch out. We are balanced and have a stable of WR's and very good QB..

MUHAWKS
October 10th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Nothing more than traveling to Orono is never fun or easy for opposing teams and they're coming off of their first win, albeit against Hampton. Think Monmouth finds a way to win, but believe it will be closer than expected.

Curious to see what the spread is for this one. Guessing somewhere between Monmouth -5.5 to -8.

Yep, agreed. Homecoming for them too! The CAA is great, every game so much meaning.. MU was 12 pt faves against Albany albeit at home.. was way too high.. I think -7 is about right..

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 10th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Thank you-- Yeah wish like hell I was going but 7 hours each way cannot manage it.. If your secondary is not good then watch out. We are balanced and have a stable of WR's and very good QB..

This could be how you take this one thru the air, got burnt for two long first half TDs against Hampton and somehow we allowed Nova to hook up with their #1 receivor for 4 TD's.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 10:35 AM
This could be how you take this one thru the air, got burnt for two long first half TDs against Hampton and somehow we allowed Nova to hook up with their #1 receivor for 4 TD's.

Hayek could possibly lift Nova into playoffs, he will break your back

Tribe4SF
October 10th, 2022, 10:48 AM
Yoder is a beast

I just wanted too say it again

Had the feeling the Hens were committed to not allowing Imoh to break away and kill them with big plays and they were successful in that. Yoder and Lester killed them with a thousand smaller cuts. All our RBs are back now and I hope it stays that way.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Had the feeling the Hens were committed to not allowing Imoh to break away and kill them with big plays and they were successful in that. Yoder and Lester killed them with a thousand smaller cuts. All our RBs are back now and I hope it stays that way.

Imoh Throws a pretty nice spiral too

So William pretty much had their way with the Hens in the first half up 17 to 7 Going into the break. I was thinking it’s gonna be Mary’s day but Delaware will be heard from. Hens KO to start 3rd quarter and The Tribe goes 3 and out including a few nice hits by the Delaware Defense. This is exactly what the Hens needed But unfortunately the punt returner fumbles the ball right back to the Burgsters deep inside their own territory. Tribe scores quickly and goes up 24-7. UD scores the next two touchdowns to make it 24-21. The Hens actually take the lead on beautiful touchdown run by the referee decided he wanted to get on TV and called the play back. Delaware had the ball with just under 2 minutes but drive falls short. Nolan Henderson was limited on that last drive as he had injured his knee on previous series, But they wrapped it up and he came back in the game so hopefully it’s nothing too serious.

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 11:14 AM
Imoh Throws a pretty nice spiral too

So William pretty much had their way with the Hens in the first half up 17 to 7 Going into the break. I was thinking it’s gonna be Mary’s day but Delaware will be heard from. Hens KO to start 3rd quarter and The Tribe goes 3 and out including a few nice hits by the Delaware Defense. This is exactly what the Hens needed But unfortunately the punt returner fumbles the ball right back to the Burgsters deep inside their own territory. Tribe scores quickly and goes up 24-7. UD scores the next two touchdowns to make it 24-21. The Hens actually take the lead on beautiful touchdown run by the referee decided he wanted to get on TV and called the play back. Delaware had the ball with just under 2 minutes but drive falls short. Nolan Henderson was limited on that last drive as he had injured his knee on previous series, But they wrapped it up and he came back in the game so hopefully it’s nothing too serious.

This series is full of “the ref missed this call”, “if only that FG hadn’t faded left”, “I think our receiver was interfered in the end zone”, etc games. It’s why this is one of the best rivalries in FCS.

The stats and flow indicated the better team this day and the Tribe made the plays to win including the final play.

btw: Yoder chosen CAA offensive player of the week!

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 11:33 AM
This series is full of “the ref missed this call”, “if only that FG hadn’t faded left”, “I think our receiver was interfered in the end zone”, etc games. It’s why this is one of the best rivalries in FCS.

The stats and flow indicated the better team this day and the Tribe made the plays to win including the final play.

Well deserved for Yoder

maybe a playoff rematch is in order

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 11:39 AM
Well deserved for Yoder

maybe a playoff rematch is in order

Only if in Frisco. The only team that has anything to gain from a rematch is Delaware. That said, the last rematch we had in the playoffs was just one more epic game in the series.

I have a feeling the lower CAA playoff seed will have to go through Holy Cross in the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Only if in Frisco. The only team that has anything to gain from a rematch is Delaware. That said, the last rematch we had in the playoffs was just one more epic game in the series.

I have a feeling the lower CAA playoff seed will have to go through Holy Cross in the playoffs.

2004 game was an all time heartbreaker

Sitting Bull
October 10th, 2022, 12:37 PM
2004 game was an all time heartbreaker

You couldn’t script that game. I’m too old to sit through games like that now.

GoBlueHens83
October 10th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at Rhode Island
New Hampshire at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at Albany
Stony Brook at Fordham

Tribal
October 10th, 2022, 02:51 PM

Both sides hated the officiating. One obvious neutral zone infraction on at least one blocked FG and close on the other. Offensive facemask that is rarely called. A bunch of missed holding penalties and DPI. I don’t think refs are to blame any more than any other game.

3 to 1 turnovers
Tribe rushing attack ate up nearly 40 minutes

Those two things, alone, should have given W&M an easy win but we like to blow big leads, so…

Tribal
October 10th, 2022, 02:55 PM
Monmouth
Rhody
Dartmouth
Villanova
Albany
Fordham

* wishful thinking picks more than anything

bonarae
October 10th, 2022, 05:07 PM
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at URI
UNH at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at UAlbany
Stony Brook at Fordham

The Cats
October 10th, 2022, 06:26 PM
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at URI
UNH at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at UAlbany
Stony Brook at Fordham

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2022, 06:36 PM
Dartmouth curb stomped New Hampshire last year

Dartmouth looks weaker this year

tough one

centraljerseycat
October 10th, 2022, 08:32 PM
Week 7 Match-ups
Monmouth at Maine Monmouth keeps rolling
Elon at URI Elon travels above the Mason-Dixon line for the first time this season and returns with an "L"
UNH at Dartmouth Santos seeks revenge from last year's battle of the granite state. Plus Dartmouth stinks this year.
Villanova at Richmond Nova has a lousy defense but Richmond has Huesman...hmmm going with the Spiders 38-31 at home.
Hampton at UAlbany Hampton won't win another game this year
Stony Brook at Fordham Stony Brook doesn't have the "O" to take advantage of the Rams lousy "D"

Winners in bold

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 10th, 2022, 08:51 PM

Dartmouth looks weaker this year

tough one

Massey has Dartmouth a 6.5 pt favorite but yet UNH is #46 and Dartmouth #65, does that make any sense?

NY Crusader 2010
October 10th, 2022, 09:01 PM
Monmouth 32 Maine 29
Elon 45 URI 41
UNH 33 Dartmouth 20
Richmond 28 Villanova 23
Albany 34 Hampton 24
Fordham 48 Stony Brook 31

KPSUL
October 10th, 2022, 09:32 PM
- -

Well then, you'll certainly be picking Dartmouth this year! The game was @ UNH last year, this one's in Hanover.

KPSUL
October 10th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at URI
UNH at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at UAlbany
Stony Brook at Fordham

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2022, 07:23 AM
Massey has Dartmouth a 6.5 pt favorite but yet UNH is #46 and Dartmouth #65, does that make any sense?

......MASSEY/SAGRIN.........WORK FO' DUH MOB.....................BRAWK!

......CORNFUSIN' INFO........DESIGNED TA TAKE YER DUCATS......OR......MAKE YOUSE LOSE....IN PICK 'EM............RAT-BA$T**D%.........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2022, 08:35 AM

MAINE..........."DUH BEARS"............WELCOME JERSEY....TA OUTBACK....WHERE STEPHEN KING IS MAYOR......xeekx.....BRAWK!

RHODE ISLAND...........RETALIATION GAME FO' HORNS......PHOENIX LEFT IN ASHES..........xwavex.............AWK!

NEW HAMPSHIRE.....MO' RETALIATION.....DUH GREEN...FALL...LIKE NEW ENGLAND LEAVES....................xshakefistx............B RAWQ!
RICHMOND......................NOVA'S DEFENSE....WEAKER DAN....ETHIOPA'S...........xslapfightx..........AK Q!

ALBANY.............AFTERAH COUPLE CAA GAMES.....PIRATES....SHOOD BE SOFT AS UH BAD BANANA................xhugx....BAWK!

FORDHAM.............TA HOLY COW'S DISMAY......RAMS.......BUTT........S. WOLVES.......xbangx......DOODLE-DOO!

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2022, 10:54 AM
- -

Well then, you'll certainly be picking Dartmouth this year! The game was @ UNH last year, this one's in Hanover.

I don’t know .... gonna throw a Dart mouth is sealed

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2022, 10:55 AM
Maine
URI
UNH
Richmond
Albany
Fordham

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 11th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Maine
URI
UNH
Richmond
Albany
Fordham

Have to ask Ivytalk what makes you think Maine can win this one? Cause I feel everything would have to go our way for Maine to take this one.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Have to ask Ivytalk what makes you think Maine can win this one? Cause I feel everything we have to go our way for Maine to take this one.

.....STOP FILMIN' DOSE....CHARMIN COMMERCIALS....INSIDE YER 20......MONMOUTH.....GIVES UP POINTS......LIKE UH PINBALL MACHINE.......OWN-LAH BEAT NOVA/ALBANY BAH UH TD......GIVE 'EM SOME MAINE GRITTY ......COUPLE TO'S......AN' DUH DUBBYA'S.....FO' DUH TAKIN'.......JES' ASK TEXAS AM COMMERCE.......GROW UH BEAR PAIR........DIS HAS TRAP WRITTEN ALL OVERAH IT............xhypedx...AWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 11th, 2022, 02:29 PM

.....STOP FILMIN' DOSE....CHARMIN COMMERCIALS....INSIDE YER 20......MONMOUTH.....GIVES UP POINTS......LIKE UH PINBALL MACHINE.......OWN-LAH BEAT NOVA/ALBANY BAH UH TD......GIVE 'EM SOME MAINE GRITTY ......COUPLE TO'S......AN' DUH DUBBYA'S.....FO' DUH TAKIN'.......JES' ASK TEXAS AM COMMERCE.......GROW UH BEAR PAIR........DIS HAS TRAP WRITTEN ALL OVERAH IT............xhypedx...AWK!

Ok, mr.chicken you obviously have not watched Maine this year. If this wasn't the homecoming game I would give Maine little chance of winning this one.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2022, 02:38 PM
Ok, mr.chicken you obviously have not watched Maine this year. If this wasn't the homecoming game I would give Maine little chance of winning this one.

.....RUN DUH ROCK....NO MISTAKES........FAKE PUNT.....WHEN THIN'S LOOK BLEAK.............CONTROL CLOCK......MINIMIZE DUH MUSKETT.........HAWKS WANT RHODEY........BEAR TRAP 'EM......DOODLE-DOO!

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 12th, 2022, 08:24 AM
Monmouth, have watched too much of Monmouth and Maine games to be a homer on this one.
Elon
UNH
Richmond
Albany
Fordham

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2022, 09:13 AM
Monmouth, have watched too much of Monmouth and Maine games to be a homer on this one.
Elon
UNH
Richmond
Albany
Fordham

Do you know when Maine pulls out this game you’re never going to live it down..

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Elon
UNH
Richmond
Albany
Fordham

MUHAWKS
October 12th, 2022, 09:43 AM

Caribbeanhen- this makes two weeks in a row with a quasi jinx calling the MU loss for you!!!!

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Caribbeanhen- this makes two weeks in a row with a quasi jinx calling the MU loss for you!!!!

Well I haven’t actually made my picks yet so don’t get ahead of yourself...

I’ve been looking for a few good reasons to pick Maine in this game and besides playing at home, I don’t have any

MUHAWKS
October 12th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Well I haven’t actually made my picks yet so don’t get ahead of yourself...

I’ve been looking for a few good reasons to pick Maine in this game and besides playing at home, I don’t have any

Yeah I am playing ayway-- I tried to watch some Maine replay from hampton, the broadcast was so bad so didnt watch much.. seems they have some decent players..I expect a tough game for us, need to come out fast and not flat..These games are huge for us, not just b/c if we lose any one of them we lose chance at playoffs but just to learn how to win these gritty games at a higher level..Big South for the most part we won by 2-3 scores in most games or got blown out.. very few close gritty games over last few years..

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2022, 10:06 AM
Yeah I am playing ayway-- I tried to watch some Maine replay from hampton, the broadcast was so bad so didnt watch much.. seems they have some decent players..I expect a tough game for us, need to come out fast and not flat..These games are huge for us, not just b/c if we lose any one of them we lose chance at playoffs but just to learn how to win these gritty games at a higher level..Big South for the most part we won by 2-3 scores in most games or got blown out.. very few close gritty games over last few years..

gritty games. You said it

To me that’s one of the most interesting things about Monmouth’s first season in the CAA

how are they gonna handle the week to week grind of the CAA schedule

Weird things happen in Orono and beware of what goes on the forest

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2022, 10:07 AM

.....DERE WERE NO GOOD REASONS....TA PICK TEXAS A&M COMMERCE...OVERAH S.E. LOUISIANA.....IN FACT...ALL 11 VOTERS IN SOUFFLAND WEEK# 5......DIDN'T.......JES' SAYIN'.......AH GOT DUH FEELIN'.......AH TOOK MAINE......DEY TASTED DUBBYA....LAST WEEK......& ....MONMOUTH HASN'T OVER-WHELMED ANY CAA TEAMS YET..........BRAWK!

ps....SPOILER ALERT.....AH COOD BE WRONG.....IFIN' YA WANNA WIN CONTESTS......DIS TYPE UH GAME IS UH DIFFERENCE MAKER............BRAWK!

MUHAWKS
October 12th, 2022, 10:14 AM
gritty games. You said it

To me that’s one of the most interesting things about Monmouth’s first season in the CAA

how are they gonna handle the week to week grind of the CAA schedule

Weird things happen in Orono and beware of what goes on the forest

Yes exactly- so far we failed the test against UNH- I mean UNH has a good defense but much of it was self destruction/bad decisions/*****ting the bed.. Albany and Nova we were able to pass the test, so that is good and as bas as our Defense has been, they actually made some big plays in both those wins..If we can somehow get the D fixed even just a bit I think we can be in both the URI and Del game and ever know. Feel LIke Delaware D will be a real test for our offense..1 thing I know for a fact is that these guys are living day to day and taking othing for granted-- not that we have earned any right to look past anyone, esp maine, but I know they are focused.. Lessons have been learned..

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2022, 10:21 AM
Yes exactly- so far we failed the test against UNH- I mean UNH has a good defense but much of it was self destruction/bad decisions/*****ting the bed.. Albany and Nova we were able to pass the test, so that is good and as bas as our Defense has been, they actually made some big plays in both those wins..If we can somehow get the D fixed even just a bit I think we can be in both the URI and Del game and ever know. Feel LIke Delaware D will be a real test for our offense..1 thing I know for a fact is that these guys are living day to day and taking othing for granted-- not that we have earned any right to look past anyone, esp maine, but I know they are focused.. Lessons have been learned..

Rhode Island can be beat, there not as good as many people want them to be.

MUHAWKS
October 12th, 2022, 10:32 AM
Rhode Island can beat, there not as good as many people want them to be.

That was sort of my thought too- almost surviving on "expectations"-- I only saw a bit of Bryant game so do not know.. Regardless b/c of our D every game will be close at best but yes I got exact same feeling on URI as you just said..Decent, perhaps good but not Del.W&M, Elon good

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 12th, 2022, 10:37 AM

I hope like hell I am wrong on this pick!!!

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2022, 03:14 PM
Monmouth
Elon
UNH
Richmond
UAlbany
Fordham

KPSUL
October 12th, 2022, 06:59 PM
If C-Hen can make his picks, the rest of ya need to stop perseverating about Monmouth and Maine and get on with the pick'n.

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 12th, 2022, 08:15 PM
If C-Hen can make his picks, the rest of ya need to stop perseverating about Monmouth and Maine and get on with the pick'n.

After we make our picks all we can do is perseverate, would you be happier if we did some UNH-Dartmouth perseverating xnodx

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2022, 06:16 AM

not an easy week for picking

kdinva
October 13th, 2022, 08:52 AM
Monmouth 38 at Maine 20
Elon 28 at URI 24
UNH 27 at Dartmouth 24
Villanova 21 at Richmond 28
Hampton 13 at UAlbany 20
Stony Brook 17 at Fordham 35

crusader11
October 13th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Monmouth at Maine
Elon at URI
UNH at Dartmouth
Villanova at Richmond
Hampton at UAlbany
Stony Brook at Fordham

UNHWildcat18
October 13th, 2022, 02:30 PM
Monmouth
Elon
UNH
Richmond
Albany
Fordham

UNHWildcat18
October 13th, 2022, 02:31 PM
not an easy week for picking

that it’s not, this week I think will truly show what teams are separate from the rest. Especially ones that are currently in the middle of the pack

KPSUL
October 13th, 2022, 02:43 PM
that it’s not, this week I think will truly show what teams are separate from the rest. Especially ones that are currently in the middle of the pack

Currently, I'm not sure we have a middle of the pack. Just haves and have nots. That will have to change by the end of the season however.

Gangtackle11
October 14th, 2022, 07:20 AM
Monmouth
Elon
Dartmouth
Richmond
UAlbany
Fordham

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2022, 09:40 AM
I’m feeling really sticky about picking New Hampshire over Dartmouth... feels wrong

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Currently, I'm not sure we have a middle of the pack. Just haves and have nots. That will have to change by the end of the season however.

Well the middle of the pack team is the leader of the pack right now

Sitting Bull
October 14th, 2022, 12:51 PM
Week 7 Picks!

Monmouth 28, Maine 14
URI 35, Elon 27
UNH 42, Dartmouth 10
Richmond 20, Villanova 13
UAlbany 35, Hampton 7
Fordham 31, ​Stony Brook 26

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Week 7 Picks!

Monmouth 28, Maine 14
URI 35, Elon 27
UNH 42, Dartmouth 10
Richmond 20, Villanova 13
UAlbany 35, Hampton 7
Fordham 31, ​Stony Brook 26

42 10 wow

Richmond better score more than 20 on Nova

Guys like me afe why I don’t post score predictions

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 14th, 2022, 02:11 PM
42 10 wow

Guys like me are why I don’t post score predictions

Great acknowledgement, even corrected the spelling(LOL)

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Great acknowledgement, even corrected the spelling(LOL)

hey watch it

auto correct is whipping me

Sitting Bull
October 14th, 2022, 07:14 PM
42 10 wow

Guys like me afe why I don’t post score predictions

No surprise, I’m clueless

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2022, 07:24 PM
Been a very busy week....

Monmouth 38 Maine 24
Elon 42 URI 31
UNH 27 Dartmouth 17
Villanova 28 Richmond 24
Albany 34 Hampton 20
Fordham 34 Stony Brook 26

KPSUL
October 14th, 2022, 09:18 PM
I’m feeling really sticky about picking New Hampshire over Dartmouth... feels wrong

It would only feel wrong if you'd missed all the UNH vs Dartmouth games from 1975 and 2015 when we went 18-0-1 against them.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2022, 10:28 PM
No surprise, I’m clueless

not clueless at all, just brave

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2022, 10:31 PM
It would only feel wrong if you'd missed all the UNH vs Dartmouth games from 1975 and 2015 when we went 18-0-1 against them.

Well I always thought the Ivies were bad until about 4 or 5 years ago but admittedly, I had never watched them

NY Crusader 2010
October 15th, 2022, 07:00 AM

Not that long ago, during the early part of Teevens' 2nd round at Dartmouth, they were so bad that they stopped playing Colgate and UNH for a while. They were the Bucknell of the Ivy League for a good 10 years. That changed quick sometime around 2012 and they've had a really nice run. Looks like a down year thus far in 2022.

Also for whatever reason, during the early-to-mid 1990's when Dartmouth was on a run of Ivy titles and UNH was not very good, the two didn't play each other for whatever reason. Granted, the top of the Ivy was not anywhere near as strong then as it is today but I'd think Dartmouth would have won some games during that time had the series been ongoing.

Another way to describe the Dartmouth-UNH series: Dartmouth never beat DIVISION I New Hampshire until 2015. All their prior wins were back when UNH and the Yankee Conference were D2.

reeder
October 15th, 2022, 07:55 AM
Monmouth
Elon
UNH
Villanova
Albany
Fordham

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2022, 08:29 AM
Not that long ago, during the early part of Teevens' 2nd round at Dartmouth, they were so bad that they stopped playing Colgate and UNH for a while. They were the Bucknell of the Ivy League for a good 10 years. That changed quick sometime around 2012 and they've had a really nice run. Looks like a down year thus far in 2022.

Also for whatever reason, during the early-to-mid 1990's when Dartmouth was on a run of Ivy titles and UNH was not very good, the two didn't play each other for whatever reason. Granted, the top of the Ivy was not anywhere near as strong then as it is today but I'd think Dartmouth would have won some games during that time had the series been ongoing.

Another way to describe the Dartmouth-UNH series: Dartmouth never beat DIVISION I New Hampshire until 2015. All their prior wins were back when UNH and the Yankee Conference were D2.

This is an interesting game and I say that because I don’t think we really know if New Hampshire is any better than last year, but it certainly does appear that Dartmouth is not as good.

Dartmouth beat them last year at New Hampshire and rather handily. If Dartmouth gets the win, sets up a 4-0 CAA team with three out of conference losses. Thats probably never happened before.

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Dartmouth -5.5 is a smelly, smelly line.

For whatever reason, think the Kegs win today. Sometimes college football doesn't make sense.

KPSUL
October 15th, 2022, 08:58 AM

Good summary. We've never played every season, but I didn't mention the series prior to 1974 when Dartmouth went 18-0. The game last year wasn't a blow out, but the outcome never seemed much in doubt. On paper, today's game should be a good one. Dartmouth seems to being trying to figure out what sort of team they want to be this year, and Teeevens said as much at his weekly media interview. Although they are playing pretty decent defense, I think they miss Tanner Cross and Jalen Mackie at Linebacker.

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2022, 01:47 PM
Man, Monmouth picked a bad time to play their worst half of football in a while. Our usually smart and good QB fumbles the ball at our own 20 leading to 7 and throws as bad a pick 6 as one can throw, like did not see the defender and nothing but daylight ahead. Our usual poor defense doing well, and what would have bee well enough to win. Still a half to play but very flat start for MU.. Credit Maine a bit as their D line is winning the battle with our O line and they have not made any mistakes.. I feel like we are the better team and just extremely flat, but that could be my bias as Maine has looked decent. It would be a surprise for our defense not to give up at least 14 more so think we need at least 35 to win.

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 02:33 PM
Monmouth exposed today. Explosive offense that's dangerous when clicking, but an incredibly suspect defense.

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2022, 02:52 PM
Elon throws a pick six. URI wins 17-10.

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Monmouth giving up 38 points to Maine. Honestly who is the top team in the CAA this year?

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Monmouth exposed today. Explosive offense that's dangerous when clicking, but an incredibly suspect defense.

That is not what happened today though.. Our offense is who ***** the bed.. Maine scored on pick 6 and 15 yard field after a QB fumble and 30 yard field after a KR fumble.. The defense played fairly well. Our offense was not good. We are supposed to win 40-30 type games against teams like this b/c yes our defense is not goodm but our defense was adequate, the part that was exposed was the offense today..

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Looking forward to hearing how we can continue to ignore first place UNH for another week..

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2022, 04:16 PM
Looking forward to hearing how we can continue to ignore first place UNH for another week..

If I were you I would want to be ignored at this point..Seems as soon as something gets publicity it reverses.. Although in terms of an at large should you not win the CAA I guess it may matter.

I am not saying I believe this, but what people will say is the obvious- and it is not THAT crazy- No really "good" wins (esp now that Monmouth lost to Maine) and 3-4 of these wins against average to bad teams were somewhat close (10,10 and 5), a blowout loss to FBS and trounced by a team that people consider not that good.. Jury is still out and UNH can validate it easily in next few weeks..

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2022, 04:31 PM
If I were you I would want to be ignored at this point..Seems as soon as something gets publicity it reverses.. Although in terms of an at large should you not win the CAA I guess it may matter.

I am not saying I believe this, but what people will say is the obvious- and it is not THAT crazy- No really "good" wins (esp now that Monmouth lost to Maine) and 3-4 of these wins against average to bad teams were somewhat close (10,10 and 5), a blowout loss to FBS and trounced by a team that people consider not that good.. Jury is still out and UNH can validate it easily in next few weeks..

not that I disagree but you can literally say that about most teams in the CAA…

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2022, 04:52 PM
not that I disagree but you can literally say that about most teams in the CAA…

To an extent yes, and it is hard to win football games no matter what so wins should be rewarded regardless. I do not "know" for sure about Elon, W&M, Delaware in terms of "if" they are truly heads and shoulders above the rest but seems that is the thought process- that any other team is just an also ran an cannot measure up (with Richmond also being in that covo).. The whole "eye test" thing.. Obvi URI just put a wrench into that and it seems that starting this week you guys may indeed be rewarded - of course that comes right before an angry Elon team and Richmond team both needing wins and URI of course so should work itself out for you. Where you could get screwed is if you split the remaining 4 games and end up 7-4, then all this early and mid season "under rating" may very well matter.. The bottom line is that it may be very hard for a 7-4 team to make the playoffs from the CAA this year, if not impossible..

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 15th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Hampton 38-Albany 37, OT as the Great Danes denied at the goal line going for two.

I thought Maine had a chance of keeping the Monmouth run game in check and they certainly did but was worried about the air attack as that has been the weakness this year. They held their own and the offense moved the ball well and the Homecoming crowd left the Alfond stadium quite happy. A win against SBU and Maine gets the challenge of playing the Arachinds at home to bring them to .500 and 3-1 in the conference. This routine of playing poorly in the first few games and them improving and turning it around seems to be Maine's MO.

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2022, 07:04 PM
Hampton 38-Albany 37, OT as the Great Danes denied at the goal line going for two.

I thought Maine had a chance of keeping the Monmouth run game in check and they certainly did but was worried about the air attack as that has been the weakness this year. They held their own and the offense moved the ball well and the Homecoming crowd left the Alfond stadium quite happy. A win against SBU and Maine gets the challenge of playing the Arachinds at home to bring them to .500 and 3-1 in the conference. This routine of playing poorly in the first few games and them improving and turning it around seems to be Maine's MO.

At first I thought here we go again just shooting ourselves in the foot and handing away a game but as the game went on it was clear that Maine just outplayed us. Our O line got beat up by you and you did a great job against the run. Our defense was a weakness and believe it or not I thought played decent b/c there were so many short fields and the pick 6., so decent for them I mean. We def got beat today in every facet. We still had a legit shot down 15 with the ball on the 5 and I knew we were gonna run wildcat ad get stopped. Maine offense repeatedly made plays to stay on the field and the defense bent but did not break. Congrats..

Tribal
October 15th, 2022, 07:07 PM
Big win for Maine and Rhody today. Villanova, once top 10, probably needs to win out…should be highly favored in the next 3, then W&M and UD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mainejeff
October 15th, 2022, 07:58 PM
Well Maine certainly has a pulse again. Went to the game today...the Black Bears played a solid game. Both teams seemed pretty equal talent wise but Maine made the big plays.

While winning out and making the playoffs may be a tall order.....the Bears will definitely have their chances to make more statements vs. Richmond, URI and UNH.

KPSUL
October 15th, 2022, 08:13 PM
Well Maine certainly has a pulse again. Went to the game today...the Black Bears played a solid game. Both teams seemed pretty equal talent wise but Maine made the big plays.

While winning out and making the playoffs may be a tall order.....the Bears will definitely have their chances to make more statements vs. Richmond, URI and UNH.

Well welcome back Jeff! I was getting concerned that perhaps you didn't have a pulse any more.

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2022, 08:47 PM

best pep talk of the year

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2022, 06:33 AM
Big win for Maine and Rhody today. Villanova, once top 10, probably needs to win out…should be highly favored in the next 3, then W&M and UD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nova was top 10 only because pollster’s are too lazy to do their homework. Cats entire defense graduated along with their best defensive coach & best recruiter moving on to the Denver Broncos. Anyone paying attention knew this wasnt a top 25 team. I have made suggestion to that in several posts here. They certainly can right their season, but me thinks this is a 6-5 football team. xpeacex

Sitting Bull
October 16th, 2022, 07:44 AM
Final Scores and Standings

Maine 38, Monmouth 28
att: 6,241
URI 17, Elon 10
att: 5,415
UNH 14 @ Dartmouth 0
att: 3,580
Richmond 20, Villanova 10
att: 7,830
Hampton 38 @ UAlbany 37 OT
att: 8,212
Fordham 45, Stony Brook 14
att: 1,914

Standings thru week 7
UNH. 4-0. 5-2
Elon. 3-1. 5-2
Delaware. 3-1. 5-2
W&M. 2-1. 5-1
Richmond. 2-1. 4-2
URI. 2-1. 3-2
Maine. 2-1. 2-4
Monmouth. 2-2. 4-3
Hampton. 1-2. 4-2
Villanova. 1-2. 3-3
Towson. 0-3. 2-4
UAlbany. 0-3. 1-5
SBU. 0-4. 0-6

Sitting Bull
October 16th, 2022, 08:10 AM
Leaderboard results

A challenging week. No one came close to sweeping the week. Our top picker was a first time participant for this season, Ivytalk, who picked up 8 points of a possible 10.

Through wk 7
1. CentJerseyCat. 66
2. Mr Chicken. 64
UNHWC18. 64
Sitting Bull. 64
3. NYCrusader10. 62
4. Caribbeanhen. 61
5. Crusader11. 60
Gobluehens83. 60
Kdinva 60
6. GoTULehOwl. 59
7. The Cats. 56
CentMe. 56
8. KPSUL. 55
Reeder. 55
9. Furbear. 54
Gangtackle11. 54
10. Tribal. 38
11. Dane96. 26
12. Dbackjohn. 19
13. Henjohn. 15
14. Ivytalk. 8

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Nova was top 10 only because pollster’s are too lazy to do their homework. Cats entire defense graduated along with their best defensive coach & best recruiter moving on to the Denver Broncos. Anyone paying attention knew this wasnt a top 25 team. I have made suggestion to that in several posts here. They certainly can right their season, but me thinks this is a 6-5 football team. xpeacex

pollsters have been weak on CAA this year for sure, none have FloSports... can’t blame them though

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 08:25 AM
Have to ask Ivytalk what makes you think Maine can win this one? Cause I feel everything would have to go our way for Maine to take this one.

because Maine is weird and they have a long history of beating the favorites

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 16th, 2022, 09:57 AM
because Maine is weird and they have a long history of beating the favorites

Dead wrong on Maine yesterday, and glad to be. Our steps in improving just seemed to small to be able to beat MU, Homecoming is usually a great performance for this team.
Maine was under achieving until yesterday and now have a chance to be at 4-4 with a win on Long Island and hosting the Spiders the following week, that will be a real measuring stick for this team.

crusader11
October 16th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Pleased that I had the right read on Maine - Monmouth.

Not happy I whiffed on Villanova. There is enough evidence out there to know they’re fraudulent.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Pleased that I had the right read on Maine - Monmouth.

Not happy I whiffed on Villanova. There is enough evidence out there to know they’re fraudulent.

Nova got beat by a very solid Richmond team as predicted

My Monmouth over Maine prediction was bad, I should have listened to Mr Chickens pep talk

MUHAWKS
October 16th, 2022, 10:36 AM
I am still having trouble processing the Maine loss. I had no clue what to expect from Maine and I know nobody here thought Monmouth was good to begin with but this was easily the worst game we have played all year. The question is, is that b/c Maine is decent, we suck, a mixture of both or just typical CAA where if you make tons of mistakes you are probably going to lose. Our O line got beat by Maine's front fair and square on whole. They did a good job against the run and put a lot of pressure on our QB. Defensively we were not very good to begin with but we actually played well on defense. 7 points off an awful pick and let up another 14 points off 2 very short fields from turnovers. Anyone who sees the score will think MU Defense got worked but it was not the case. Held Maine to 350 yards and had some big stops. But when your defense is not good to begin with, very hard to overcome 3 turnovers, one that scored points and 2 others that gave the opposing team very short fields. But that is part of football. We made the errors, Maine did not and they capitalized very very well.

I think the Maine defense was pretty good. The CAA is crazy b/c you can play well and lose and it does not matter. (we played bad just saying) You can play bad and win and that is all that counts. Winning is all that counts period. No excuses for a bad day at the office, no "could have should have" b/c a lot of games come down to that. Talent matters a lot but that talent needs to be mixed with a mental edge, good coaching and consistency. I like the fact that we will def be written off now b/c it seems the CAA is like the stock market where you can just fade peoples emotions and be right. I think we will beat URI this week at our homecoming and put us in a position to get to the Delaware game with a chance to prove something. I know people will laugh at that but No emotion here, I truly believe we will beat URI and when everyone makes the pick of URI to win, I will be happy..

There are teams that no matter what they do they cannot compete- Stony Brook for example. And then there are teams that just cannot put it together. I think we are that team and I think we will put it together this week. Congrats to Maine, well earned hard fought win.

mainejeff
October 16th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Talent matters a lot but that talent needs to be mixed with a mental edge, good coaching and consistency.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I thought that both teams looked very similar in regards to talent. Maine was definitely more consistent yesterday as Monmouth shot themselves in the foot numerous times with penalties (false starts)...and Maine surprisingly took advantage. I'll blame some of Maine's rough start on their revolving door coaching staff and a couple of tough FBS games. I'd love to replay the Colgate and Nova games....might be different results now. Weather was gorgeous in Orono yesterday.....60s and very comfortable after a huge storm moved through on Friday. Good luck to Monmouth the rest of the way...seems like a solid program.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2022, 12:16 PM
Ive been giving you all hints that this Nova team was a .500 or so ballclub. Preseason polls are almost always useless.

The CAA is weak imho. Those who make the FCS playoffs will be beaten by most, if not all, teams outside the East. xpeacex

WrenFGun
October 16th, 2022, 12:51 PM
I am still having trouble processing the Maine loss. I had no clue what to expect from Maine and I know nobody here thought Monmouth was good to begin with but this was easily the worst game we have played all year. The question is, is that b/c Maine is decent, we suck, a mixture of both or just typical CAA where if you make tons of mistakes you are probably going to lose. Our O line got beat by Maine's front fair and square on whole. They did a good job against the run and put a lot of pressure on our QB. Defensively we were not very good to begin with but we actually played well on defense. 7 points off an awful pick and let up another 14 points off 2 very short fields from turnovers. Anyone who sees the score will think MU Defense got worked but it was not the case. Held Maine to 350 yards and had some big stops. But when your defense is not good to begin with, very hard to overcome 3 turnovers, one that scored points and 2 others that gave the opposing team very short fields. But that is part of football. We made the errors, Maine did not and they capitalized very very well.

I think the Maine defense was pretty good. The CAA is crazy b/c you can play well and lose and it does not matter. (we played bad just saying) You can play bad and win and that is all that counts. Winning is all that counts period. No excuses for a bad day at the office, no "could have should have" b/c a lot of games come down to that. Talent matters a lot but that talent needs to be mixed with a mental edge, good coaching and consistency. I like the fact that we will def be written off now b/c it seems the CAA is like the stock market where you can just fade peoples emotions and be right. I think we will beat URI this week at our homecoming and put us in a position to get to the Delaware game with a chance to prove something. I know people will laugh at that but No emotion here, I truly believe we will beat URI and when everyone makes the pick of URI to win, I will be happy..

There are teams that no matter what they do they cannot compete- Stony Brook for example. And then there are teams that just cannot put it together. I think we are that team and I think we will put it together this week. Congrats to Maine, well earned hard fought win.

The thing about the CAA is even the bottom feeders have some FBS level talent. When Indiana State should've beaten NDSU it's "oh wow-- Indiana State should be ranked!". Same thing happens in the CAA? Overrated.

Maine has a very good FCS quarterback and has always had good athletes. Zero surprise to me that they won. It's hard to win in the CAA and it's harder to win on the road in the CAA.

If Monmouth played Maine or UNH at home? They probably win both games.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Ive been giving you all hints that this Nova team was a .500 or so ballclub. Preseason polls are almost always useless.

The CAA is weak imho. Those who make the FCS playoffs will be beaten by most, if not all, teams outside the East. xpeacex

East Coast football is embarrassing

the CAA is night and day

the Top teams can compete and the bottom of the CAA has never been worse and it’s bad neighbors like Stony Brook, Albany, Hampton that are giving the neighbored a bad name

The average CAA teams like Monmouth, Maine maybe even Rhode Island and Elon not ready for the move

Delaware, William & Mary and Richmond are good enough to make playoff runs ... but not ready for Beverly Hills where South Dakota state lives and the Bison cling. Weber State and Sacramento state probably clock the best CAA teams

I’m not sure what to do with New Hampshire, The best average team in the CAA?

MUHAWKS
October 16th, 2022, 01:38 PM
The thing about the CAA is even the bottom feeders have some FBS level talent. When Indiana State should've beaten NDSU it's "oh wow-- Indiana State should be ranked!". Same thing happens in the CAA? Overrated.

Maine has a very good FCS quarterback and has always had good athletes. Zero surprise to me that they won. It's hard to win in the CAA and it's harder to win on the road in the CAA.

I agree with this very much.. Actually not that MU would have won at home but the other stuff. It is amazing, coming from the big south I thought all that "bad league, no competition" stuff was done but now in the CAA I feel I hear it all the time! Maybe that is just MVFC, Big Sky types but 100% you are spot on- If you as a CAA middle of the road lose to a comparable or "worse" team its like you suck, if you are top of The CAA you are ok but cannot compete with the big dogs, if you are at the bottom you may as well be Wagner. Geezus..

WrenFGun
October 16th, 2022, 02:36 PM
I agree with this very much.. Actually not that MU would have won at home but the other stuff. It is amazing, coming from the big south I thought all that "bad league, no competition" stuff was done but now in the CAA I feel I hear it all the time! Maybe that is just MVFC, Big Sky types but 100% you are spot on- If you as a CAA middle of the road lose to a comparable or "worse" team its like you suck, if you are top of The CAA you are ok but cannot compete with the big ogs, if you are at the bottom you may as well be Wagner. Geezus..

What is currently happening in this thread is that people are moving the target for the bottom of the big sky and mvfc because the tops are so good. Maybe that's true, I don't know, but there's really no evidence that Idaho state is better than Stony Brook or Albany. Or that Western Illinois is better.

Are the best teams in the bsc and mvfc? Yes. Might be reasonable to say that you don't see a CAA team until 7 or 8 if you ranked them all. But what we are doing here is basically assuming that the bottom tiers of those leagues are better by the same ratio. There's no evidence for that.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 02:38 PM

QUALITY QUARTERBACKS: CAA Football has featured some of the best quarterback play in FCS this season. The league has seven of the top 20 QB's in FCS in pass efficiency (VU's Connor Watkins, EU's Matthew McKay, UR's Reece Udinski, MU's Tony Muskett, UD's Nolan Henderson, UA's Reese Poffenbarger, and W&M's Darius Wilson). and six of the top 30 in passing yards (Udinski, McKay, Henderson, Poffenbarger, Muskett and URI's Kasim Hill). Udinski tops FCS in completion percentage (77%), Watkins leads the nation in yard per pass attempt (12.64), and Henderson is 3rd in TD passes (18).”

UNHWildcat18
October 16th, 2022, 05:21 PM

the CAA is night and day

the Top teams can compete and the bottom of the CAA has never been worse and it’s bad neighbors like Stony Brook, Albany, Hampton that are giving the neighbored a bad name

The average CAA teams like Monmouth, Maine maybe even Rhode Island and Elon not ready for the move

Delaware, William & Mary and Richmond are good enough to make playoff runs ... but not ready for Beverly Hills where South Dakota state lives and the Bison cling. Weber State and Sacramento state probably clock the best CAA teams

we probably are lol. Probably one Stud WR,LB and a slightly better OL from being considered really good, we have a lot of key pieces but not all. Hard to go from zero to hero after last season. The future is looking good though.

KPSUL
October 16th, 2022, 06:11 PM

the CAA is night and day

Just like Joe Flacco and K.C. Keeler, they didn't know what to do with New Hampshire and Rick Santos either.

KPSUL
October 16th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Since we were playing out of conference and on ESPN+ not FLO, most of you probably don't realize that Dylan Laube didn't play a single down yesterday; nor did the only other RB who had any measurable playing time in the first 6 games - Myles Thomason. Both guys were dressed, but a bit "dinged up" as Coach Mac used to describe most injuries. Instead, Isaac Seide netted 127 yards on 26 carries.

UNH looked like they were trying not to score in the Red Zone a couple times in the second half, but somewhere between great defense by UNH and Dartmouth's hapless offense, 14 points was all that was needed.

MUHAWKS
October 16th, 2022, 07:00 PM
Since we were playing out of conference and on ESPN+ not FLO, most of you probably don't realize that Dylan Laube didn't play a single down yesterday; nor did the only other RB who had any measurable playing time in the first 6 games - Myles Thomason. Both guys were dressed, but a bit "dinged up" as Coach Mac used to describe most injuries. Instead, Isaac Seide netted 127 yards on 26 carries.

UNH looked like they were trying not to score in the Red Zone a couple times in the second half, but somewhere between great defense by UNH and Dartmouth's hapless offense, 14 points was all that was needed.

I saw the leading rusher and was wondering if Laube got hurt.. Thanks for the info.. Not good that he is hurt or the other guy but always good to do well without em'

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 07:12 PM

I was just going to ask you about Laube

what a difference a year makes for Dartmouth

KPSUL
October 16th, 2022, 07:17 PM
I saw the leading rusher and was wondering if Laube got hurt.. Thanks for the info.. Not good that he is hurt or the other guy but always good to do well without em'

I'm pretty sure that Laube will be listed #1 on the 2 Deep this Saturday and "available", but how much he plays is another matter.

KPSUL
October 16th, 2022, 07:37 PM
I was just going to ask you about Laube

what a difference a year makes for Dartmouth

Both Cadwallader and Howard played at QB, both were in together for a few plays. But they just never created the synergy that they had last season with Kyler and Howard. Dartmouth's #1 rusher, (except for Nick Howard) Zack Bair never, played and the listed #1 at RB, Roper, was shaken-up in the 2nd half. Howard netted 9 yards on 6 carries about 100 yards below his average. In the first half, Dartmouth strung together 2 or 3 1st downs on a couple drives but I don't think they got into the Red Zone the whole game. 2nd half they got almost nutt'n. Dartmouth has played close, close games with two of the better 2022 Ivy teams. I'm thinking the whole Ivy League is significantly down this season - those of you thinking you need to move Holy Cross up to 5th or 6th in the poll due to NDSU and Montana losing this past weekend might want to ponder that a bit more. I'm going leave them hovering around 10th until they play Fordham.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Both Cadwallader and Howard played at QB, both were in together for a few plays. But they just never created the synergy that they had last season with Kyler and Howard. Dartmouth's #1 rusher, (except for Nick Howard) Zack Bair never, played and the listed #1 at RB, Roper, was shaken-up in the 2nd half. Howard netted 9 yards on 6 carries about 100 yards below his average. In the first half, Dartmouth strung together 2 or 3 1st downs on a couple drives but I don't think they got into the Red Zone the whole game. 2nd half they got almost nutt'n. Dartmouth has played close, close games with two of the better 2022 Ivy teams. I'm thinking the whole Ivy League is significantly down this season - those of you thinking you need to move Holy Cross up to 5th or 6th in the poll due to NDSU and Montana losing this past weekend might want to ponder that a bit more. I'm going leave them hovering around 10th until they play Fordham.

Great summary, I did see some of the early part of the game and the only drive Dartmouth sustained they shot themselves in the foot but you could tell they were nothing like last year. I totally agree with you on the Ivy league being down this year.