45. Fordham
76. Lafayette
86. Colgate
101. Lehigh
116. Georgetown
121. Bucknell

ngineer
October 9th, 2022, 11:19 PM
Can't see the 'Gate opening up against Army. Victory will hinge on Black Knight blunders..which they rarely commit. Army, 34-14

What's left of Bucky Beaver isn't worth a dam. Eli's coming and it won't be pretty as the orange and blue circulate counterclockwise in Yale's Porcelain Bowl.

Lehigh is now pretty low after giving up 600 yards of offense to Fordham. Only shred of possible upset is that Cornell's star QB was hurt against Harvard. His forte is his mobility and his injury was to the ankle that was not already bandaged. The limp off the field tells me he is unlikely to play against the OOC meaningless game. Big Red has some talent and gave the Johnnies a good tussle. Without the QB,Lehigh may keep it interesting, but like a slow strip teaze the in a bad gin joint, what's in the shadows is scary. Cornell 30-21.

Stony Brook not having a good year, and not a good time to be running into the Rams, who showed they can really wing it. Game should be moved to Franklin Field where Rams can put their track team on the famed Relay oval. No dropped batons and there will be plenty of TD bombs from DeMorat. Fordham 56-17

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2022, 10:59 AM
Home cookin’ this week. No guests overstay their welcome.

NY Crusader 2010
October 11th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Fordham should beat Stony Brook. However, it should be noted that despite averaging a 50-burger through 6 games, their LARGEST margin of victory so far is 21 over Georgetown (59-38), in a game that the Hoyas at one point led 21-7 and was tied 28 apiece at halftime.

I think I called 48-31 RAMS. Fordham has to treat this as a must-win game. I'm fairly certain at 9-2 Fordham gets into the playoffs. And that could include either a) a loss to Holy Cross but winning out against the rest or b) upsetting Holy Cross in Worcester but finding a way to lose to either SBU, Lafayette or Colgate (as bad as the defense is, I can't see them getting any type of scare from Bucknell).

NY Crusader 2010
October 11th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Army 37 Colgate 17
Yale 30 Bucknell 13
SUNY Ithaca 22 Lehigh 17
Fordham 48 "The Flagship SUNY as per Governor Hochul 31

Fordham
October 11th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Fordham should beat Stony Brook. However, it should be noted that despite averaging a 50-burger through 6 games, their LARGEST margin of victory so far is 21 over Georgetown (59-38), in a game that the Hoyas at one point led 21-7 and was tied 28 apiece at halftime.

I think I called 48-31 RAMS. Fordham has to treat this as a must-win game. I'm fairly certain at 9-2 Fordham gets into the playoffs. And that could include either a) a loss to Holy Cross but winning out against the rest or b) upsetting Holy Cross in Worcester but finding a way to lose to either SBU, Lafayette or Colgate (as bad as the defense is, I can't see them getting any type of scare from Bucknell).

Thrilled you guys have a bye week leading into our matchup!!

We should expect another nail biter where the D and Special Teams allow Stony Brook to build up confidence that they've been lacking all season and put all of the pressure on our O to score on pretty much every possession. Feels weird to be so morose about a 5-1 start and my apologies to other PL schools that I know would love to switch places but it's just been so staggeringly clear that we have more talent than the coaches have figured out how to use. At this point in the season, this is who we are and it means we have a shot in every game but also could blow it easily against literally every team we play. Our "we have a shot in every game" may not apply to next week's game. That said, 9 - 2 does get us in. It'll be a total battle v Lafayette & Colgate as well as this weekend in order to get that done, though.

TheValleyRaider
October 11th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Weekends are leisurely when your team isn't playing. Can do other things, run some errands, generally be productive. Of course that's all easier to do when your team isn't winning, as then you'd definitely rather be watching. Oh look, we're back! One last full OOC weekend for the League. Maybe, just maybe, we get a good result? 4-0 last week, 28-6 on the season.

Colgate at Army Colgate The last time Colgate went down to West Point, they gave Army a handful before losing. That was a pretty good Army team too, better than this year's edition. That seems to be true for Colgate as well. Probably a tall task, but a competitive showing would go a long way to boosting confidence ahead of the PL stretch run. Maybe the bye was helpful in prepping for the option.

Bucknell at Yale Yale Perhaps the Towson game was a false dawn for the Bison, as they appear to get less competitive by the week. Yale, meanwhile, is in first place in the Ivy League, which makes this a relatively straightforward Good Ivy over Bad Patriot matchup. Or does it....? Yes, yes it does.

Lehigh at Cornell Cornell Apparently Big Red might not be too terrible. Or least they have an offense. Lehigh does not appear to have one, points against Fordham's defense notwithstanding. This isn't quite pulling the trigger on calling Cornell a "good" Ivy, but they're probably a step above a "mediocre-at-best" Patriot League team in the Hawks.

Stony Brook at Fordham Fordham Hey one of these in our direction! It is in our direction, right? Odd schedule for the Seawolves, who have had only one non-conference game out of five. And even that one was UMass, a former CAA squad. They've also lost all five by double digits, yes even to UMass. No common opponents, but Fordham has demonstrated the ability to put points on the board, no reason to think that's different here.

RichH2
October 14th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Army over Gate. Raiders will make a game of it
Rams big over Stony Brook
Yale in a rout
Lehigh over Cornell. No rational reason for the pick.

crusader11
October 14th, 2022, 01:57 PM
TVR, have you picked against Colgate once this season?

Leopard Loyalist
October 14th, 2022, 02:45 PM
Colgate (1-4) at Army (1-4)
Bucknell (0-5) at Yale (3-1)
Lehigh (1-5) at Cornell (2-2)
Stony Brook (0-5) at Fordham (5-1)

Predictions have been pretty easy so far this season. (I am 30-4). All you've had to do is pick HC and Fordham to win and everyone else to lose. Of course it will get a bit harder now with more of the middle and bottom of the pack teams playing each other.

TheValleyRaider
October 14th, 2022, 04:04 PM
TVR, have you picked against Colgate once this season?

Should I? :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2022, 10:18 PM
Army 45 Colgate 17
Yale 49 Bucknell 13
Cornell 37 Lehigh 17
Fordham 34 Stony Brook 26

Garbage.....

Go...gate
October 15th, 2022, 01:20 AM
Army 39, Colgate 13

Yale 34. Bucknell 16

Lehigh 19, Cornell 17

Fordham 44, Stony Brook 35

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 11:25 AM
Colgate looks good so far against Army! How long will it continue?!?!

Raiders 10-7 7:32 1Q

Fordham
October 15th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Let’s go Gate!

Bucknell up on Yale, 3-0, too!

TheValleyRaider
October 15th, 2022, 11:45 AM
Are you not entertained?

Colgate 10
Army 14
End 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 11:59 AM
Are you not entertained?

Colgate 10
Army 14
End 1st

'Gate can't stop Army. This could be pretty ugly by half....

Army 21-10 10:09 2Q....

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Army 28, Colgate 10.

They'll score a TD every time they touch the ball, if they want to.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:11 PM
TD Army! Men vs children....enjoy another loss xdontknowx....

Black Knights 28-10 5:27 2Q.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:16 PM
Lehigh's grinding opening drive ends in a FG....

Lehigh 3 Cornell 0 6:68 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:26 PM
Lehigh's defense forces a turnover deep in Big Red territory but they must settle for another FG. The offense is just dreadful....

Lehigh 6-0 4:52 1Q

Like last week, don't let the score fool you....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Colgate takes advantage of an overturned pass/lateral call and scores on 4th and 1 with their first TD pass of the year. Why did Army even attempt a pass/lateral?

28-17 0:23 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:34 PM
TD Big Red!

Cornell 7-6 1:32 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:48 PM
1-5 Lehigh gets to the Cornell 4 yard line but this time misses the FG attempt. Find a freakin way to score a TD!! This is a joke!!

Gater
October 15th, 2022, 12:49 PM
Colgate down 11 at half in front of 30k at an absolutely beautiful Michie Stadium against a team that makes the FBS top 25 every couple of years.

At the half Colgate 229 total offense. Army with 281.

If you are an FCS player all you want is to be able to play in these games and have a shot at winning them. Temple fan is incapable of understanding this.

Go 'gate!

RichH2
October 15th, 2022, 12:58 PM
1-5 Lehigh gets to the Cornell 4 yard line but this time misses the FG attempt. Find a freakin way to score a TD!! This is a joke!!
Asinine play calling. Gutless at best. We are not good enuf to always just make the safe play. Take chances. At least try to win by taking risks. Captions our O this year. We are not yet good enough to control plays yet we keep pretending we are. Ugh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Colgate down 11 at half in front of 30k at an absolutely beautiful Michie Stadium against a team that makes the FBS top 25 every couple of years.

If you are an FCS player all you want is to be able to play in these games and have a shot at winning them. Temple fan is incapable of understanding this.

Go 'gate!

I want a lot of things but I also have the ability to rationalize reality and where I stand in certain things. Colgate football players relative to FBS are physically inferior. Heck, Colgate football is a bad FCS team. Besides if you stand by that principle schedule a D2 team and let them play at Andy Kerr! Ignorance is a one way street.....

It's a 60 minute game and Colgate still needs to play defense. See where this ends up. 1-5 is hot garbarge....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Colgate's front 7 on defense is embarrassing, very weak physically. My goodness...

Army 42-17 4:15 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 01:19 PM
Lehigh gets to the Cornell but settles for another FG. This time it's good. I have never seen an offense this incapable of scoring TD's. Brisson is the ultimate mastermind....

Cornell 10-9 2:14 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Lehigh scores a TD! fails on the 2 pt attempt. This game should be about 35-10. Mountain Hawks are completely dominating......

Lehigh 15-10 1:23 2Q

RichH2
October 15th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Finally a TD. Garcia from the 5. Cornell fumbled at the 50. LU drove straight down to score.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Finally a TD. Garcia from the 5. Cornell fumbled at the 50. LU drove straight down to score.

This is probably one Lehigh's 2 or 3 best performances under Gilmore and they're up 5. Going up and down the field and forcing turnovers. Crazy.....

RichH2
October 15th, 2022, 01:54 PM
This is probably one Lehigh's 2 or 3 best performances under Gilmore and they're up 5. Going up and down the field and forcing turnovers. Crazy.....
Agree. Play calling tho is absurd. the play it safe O called by OC is not going to win games. We are not good enuf not to take risks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Perri throws it right to a Big Red defender for an easy pick six. 2 pt conversion no good...

Cornell 16-15 9:13 3Q

Lehigh's execution on offense is something truly to behold....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 02:27 PM
Army 42 Colgate 17 Final
Yale 29 Bucknell 9 Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Cornell gets to the Lehigh 3 yard line before settling for an easy FG. No good...lol....

Still 16-15 1:27 3Q

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Cornell gets to the Lehigh 3 yard line before settling for an easy FG. No good...lol....

Still 16-15 1:27 3Q

How the hell did he miss it?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 02:53 PM
How the hell did he miss it?

Have you been watching this game? Lehigh's FG kicker did the same thing in the first half and now just missed a 37 yard attempt by about 15 yards to the left. To be fair I thought Lehigh scored a TD but the play wasn't reviewed. Seemed the WR got at least his foot/leg in bounds and had possession in the corner of the end zone....

Cornell 16-15 8:57 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:06 PM
Cornell adds a FG. This is like watching the recent Thursday night NFL debacles.....

Cornell 19-15 4:02 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Lehigh needs a TD....throw the ball down the field! Geees....

BTW, the PI on Cornell was terrible. Guy is 6 inches taller and trying to make a play on an over throw....

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Did Dante Perri seriously just slide three yards short of a first down?

Show some guts, man.

Wow. Couldn't believe he just did that.

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Cornell is going to win.

Perri needs to look in the mirror. I'm in disbelief that he slid when he could have potentially picked up a first down. That was such gutless football.

This isn't the first quarter.

This is the 4th quarter, down by four, and driving to win the game when you're 1-5.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:24 PM
Lehigh drive ends at the Cornell 13. Never once threw the ball into the endzone but allowing someone to make a play. 1 damn TD. The same nonsense continues week after week. Gilmore and Brisson are just destroying an chance for success. This game could have been over at half. Easily one of Gilmore's worst losses and that says a lot. It's a team/program incapable of success under this staff...

Cornell 19-15 Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:26 PM
Cornell is going to win.

Perri needs to look in the mirror. I'm in disbelief that he slid when he could have potentially picked up a first down. That was such gutless football.

This isn't the first quarter.

This is the 4th quarter, down by four, and driving to win the game when you're 1-5.

Embarrassing...

From start to finish just embarrassing. Lehigh had about 5-6 possessions inside the Cornell 25, 3 inside the 10 yet scored 15 points. They don't even try to score TD's by taking any semblance of a shot. It's a culture of losing manifesting itself thanks to Gilmore being an absolute bum himself....

DFW HOYA
October 15th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Putting aside Holy Cross and Fordham, here's the rest of the Patriot League:

Lafayette 2-4
Colgate 1-5
Georgetown 1-5
Lehigh 1-6
Bucknell 0-6

Meanwhile at the league offices, everything's fine.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:38 PM
Putting aside Holy Cross and Fordham, here's the rest of the Patriot League:

Lafayette 2-4
Colgate 1-5
Georgetown 1-5
Lehigh 1-6
Bucknell 0-6

Meanwhile at the league offices, everything's fine.

Colgate - apparently taking pride in losing is a thing...
Lehigh - they have the worst HC/OC duo on college football history. Or at least any that have lasted this long
Georgetown - we know....we know...
Bucknell - when a 20 point loss is considered "not bad". They need a transcending water boy...
Lafayette - The 2000's....what a time....

RichH2
October 15th, 2022, 03:38 PM
Not only frustrating but an embarrassing fiasco of a game.Pathetic red zone O.. Cornell kept trying to give us this game but we refused to cooperate. No knock on the players. Thought WR had a foot in with possession. Garcia played his heart out.
The play calling was predictable and vanilla. This loss is on the staff particularly Gilmore and Brisson. We are not yet good enuf to win that way. But neither will take risks to challenge Ds.

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Embarrassing...

From start to finish just embarrassing. Lehigh had about 5-6 possessions inside the Cornell 25, 3 inside the 10 yet scored 15 points. They don't even try to score TD's by taking any semblance of a shot. It's a culture of losing manifesting itself thanks to Gilmore being an absolute bum himself....

How many years was he signed for?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:40 PM
How many years was he signed for?

Who knows....shouldn't matter. If he's back next year the former players, program supporters need to raise serious hell. Especially the former players....

With that said, I see no way he's back. The league is so bad; literally someone has to win......

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 03:49 PM
Not only frustrating but an embarrassing fiasco of a game.Pathetic red zone O.. Cornell kept trying to give us this game but we refused to cooperate. No knock on the players. Thought WR had a foot in with possession. Garcia played his heart out.
The play calling was predictable and vanilla. This loss is on the staff particularly Gilmore and Brisson. We are not yet good enuf to win that way. But neither will take risks to challenge Ds.

There were two very questionable calls in the 4th quarter. I thought the Lehigh WR was in and the PI call on Cornell was as bad of a defensive PI call as you can get....

I would love to have seen more angles of the Lehigh's potential TD. Still can't believe it wasn't reviewed. Even so they had like 6 other chances to score inside the 20-25....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Fordham 17 Stony Brook 0 6:54 2Q

The Rams are making a bad CAA team look bad. It's nice to see. Fordham and Holy Cross are so much better than the rest of the league it's comical. The 3rd place team is completely irrelevant....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 06:13 PM
TD Rams!

FU 24-0 5:45 2Q

This team is so much fun to watch. While I love what HC is under Chesney, Fordham is what Lehigh needs to be (well was before Gilmore) but with more a spine defensively. Get some legit FBS talent on offense, creative mind to allow it to succeed and give it hell....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 06:29 PM
Rams rolling!

Fordham 31 Stony Brook 0 0:53 2Q

DFW HOYA
October 15th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Points scored on Fordham at the half this season, what the heck is wrong with Stony Brook?

Wagner 21
Monmouth 27
Albany 24
Ohio 31
Georgetown 21
Lehigh 21
Stony Brook 0

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 07:42 PM
TD Fordham!

Rams 38 Seawolves 0 14:54 4Q

Not what the largest margin of victory is for a PL team over an A10/CAA team is but this has to be getting close. Fordham had a big win over URI back in 2003 iirc, Holy Cross over Northeastern and UNH iirc. Maybe 'Nova back in the late 80's?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 07:48 PM
Fordham loses the shutout on an absolute perfect pass into double coverage. No shame in giving up that TD....

FU 38-7 10:56 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 08:03 PM
TD Fordham!

Rams 45-7 6:48 4Q

crusader11
October 15th, 2022, 08:05 PM
TD Fordham!

Rams 38 Seawolves 0 14:54 4Q

Not what the largest margin of victory is for a PL team over an A10/CAA team is but this has to be getting close. Fordham had a big win over URI back in 2003 iirc, Holy Cross over Northeastern and UNH iirc. Maybe 'Nova back in the late 80's?

HC beat up on top ten UNH 51-26 in 2017, which was the final win Tom Gilmore had at HC. He was fired four weeks later after the team basically quit during a game at Yale.

Before that, HC beat up on Northeastern pretty good during the 2009 season. It was 42-7 before Northeastern tacked on a couple garbage 4th quarter TDs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 08:15 PM
SBU scores another....

Rams 45-14 3:06 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 08:20 PM
Fordham 45 Stony Brook 14 Final

That was a complete performance by the Rams! I know SBU stinks but rarely, if ever, do you see a PL team beat up on an A10/CAA/Yankee (whatever you want to call it) team. Fordham now has a week off to prepare for Holy Cross. I still favor the Crusaders due to Chesney but the Rams have the talent to win.....

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Fordham 45 Stony Brook 14 Final

That was a complete performance by the Rams! I know SBU stinks but rarely, if ever, do you see a PL team beat up on an A10/CAA/Yankee (whatever you want to call it) team. Fordham now has a week off to prepare for Holy Cross. I still favor the Crusaders due to Chesney but the Rams have the talent to win.....

Holy Cross also has a week off next week at Lafayette to prepare for Fordham.

Go...gate
October 15th, 2022, 10:13 PM

Go 'gate!

Don't waste your breath. Let him go on and on.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 10:25 PM
Don't waste your breath. Let him go on and on.

Why is winning not important? What is the point in clearly displaying your inferiority? I am not impressed by losing. Colgate is terrible! You're 1-5! A terrible FCS team trying to rationalize getting beat to hell (again) by a FBS program?

Go...gate
October 15th, 2022, 10:39 PM
Why is winning not important? What is the point in clearly displaying your inferiority? I am not impressed by losing. Colgate is terrible! You're 1-5! A terrible FCS team trying to rationalize getting beat to hell (again) by a FBS program?

Strong words from a guy whose school is having its own share of problems. Why not concentrate on solving those instead of telling everyone else in the league how to run their program? It gets tiresome after a while.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Strong words from a guy whose school is having its own share of problems. Why not concentrate on solving those instead of telling everyone else in the league how to run their program? It gets tiresome after a while.

Because I care about the PL as a whole. I have been vocal about Lehigh and rightfully so!

Colgate and Lehigh both need to re-establish a standard of winning! I will not stop harping on this fact or allow losing to be rationalized and accepted given the known ceiling of both programs.

This endless losing is getting way more tiresome than those complaining about it! Sorry, but I really do give a damn...trust me....

Lehigh, Colgate, Georgetown, Bucknell and Lafayette are a combined 4-21....lol....

Go...gate
October 15th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Because I care about the PL as a whole. I have been vocal about Lehigh and rightfully so!

Colgate and Lehigh both need to re-establish a standard of winning! I will not stop harping on this fact or allow losing to be rationalized and accepted given the known ceiling of both programs.

This endless losing is getting way more tiresome than those complaining about it! Sorry, but I really do give a damn...trust me....

Lehigh, Colgate, Georgetown, Bucknell and Lafayette are a combined 4-21....lol....

I said what I said and I stand foursquare by it. No one is rationalizing anything. Work to fix your own program. I devote time and money to Colgate's program and I disagree wholeheartedly with this attitude on your part, which you have displayed for years.

NY Crusader 2010
October 15th, 2022, 11:54 PM
Would Holy Cross and Fordham finish 1-2 in the CAA this year?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2022, 12:28 AM

Definitely possible! The winner of that game should be inline for a Top 6 seed imo. No 7 or 8 seed, win and head to the Dakotas BS. 'Gate got screwed in 2018 and, in hindsight, so did Lehigh in 2011.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2022, 12:32 AM

Both teams are powerful enough to do so, but Cross appears to have a stronger defense.

Both should be in the tournament.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2022, 06:26 AM

No

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2022, 10:44 AM
GO PARDS!!! BEAT CRUSADERS!!!