UTC 21
Elon 31

Citadel 28
GSU 38

ASU 35
FU 21

catamount man
October 21st, 2007, 12:17 PM
Congrats on the win in Boone. I recorded that game and it is gonna be a keeper. GREAT SoCon battle!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

The Cats
October 21st, 2007, 04:00 PM
The shake up continues.......

Wofford 35
WCU 42

UTC 21
Elon 45

Citadel 21
GSU 28

ASU 24
FU 35

GaSouthern
October 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
If ASU, Citadel and Wofford get beat it will be a great weekend for the eagles!

GSUNCSU
October 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM
The shake up continues.......

Wofford 35
WCU 42

UTC 21
Elon 45

Citadel 21
GSU 28

ASU 24
FU 35

Woffie 35
WCU 24

GSU 42
El Cid 28

Elon 45
UtC 21

ASU 42
Furman 17

ButlerGSU
October 21st, 2007, 04:48 PM
If everyone on here will do us a favor and pick citadel this weekend, that'd be great.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 21st, 2007, 04:57 PM
If everyone on here will do us a favor and pick citadel this weekend, that'd be great.

We seriously don't stand a chance. xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 21st, 2007, 05:26 PM
Wofford will beat WCU, but it will be closer than people think. They have played solid games against Elon and The Citadel and it looks like their offense is finally doing stuff. Wofford by 14

Next on GSU's revenge tour is The Citadel. Hopefully the fire that our offense showed at the rock will not die out and our players that are banged up will get better. GSU wins by 10.

Appy State now realizes that they have a mountain-sized bulls eye on their chest after blowing their home winning streak against GSU. Furman continues to struggle in the game and ASU shows up to win. ASU by 17.

Elon can smell the Socon autobid now and will not be taking any more prisoners. Chatty is not bad, but they are not good enough to take Elon down. Elon wins by 13.

appfan2008
October 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Wofford beats wcu barely bc wcu is desperate and i believe wofford is worn out
I believe this week will start the demise of TC as they will go down to GSU and again to asu next week
Elon keeps pace with their eyes on a socon title with an easy win over UTC
asu holds on to beat a pesky furman team that wants to beat asu real badly just like wofford and gsu but they are not as talented and fall short

LarryBoy
October 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
Wofford's defense becomes more flimsy, but WCU is still WCU. Wofford 77, WCU 73.

GSU's coach gets into two QB system, but confusedly sends in option plays to Billy Lowe, and has Jayson Foster throw it deep every time he's in. Still the Citadel needs two overtimes to overcome an early 31-point setback. Citadel 37, GSU 34.

Scott Riddle peels off his second skin to reveal that he's actually Tom Brady; suddenly, everything makes sense. Elon 84, UTC 2.

With 7 seconds left and down by 1, Furman intercepts an ASU two-point conversion attempt and returns it all the way to the two yard-line, where said Paladin inexplicably slips. Bobby Lamb leaves and enters a Franciscan Monastic order, and never watches a football game again. ASU 15, Furman 14.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Wofford over WCU.

GSU over The Citadel in a close one.

Elon over UTC.

ASU over Furman.

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Has Furman been reduced to being pesky? Ye gods. I know we've had a rough start, but pesky? Come on, and Elon's a powerhouse now? :)

Furman is plenty good enough to beat App State if the Mountaineers don't bring their game. They haven't seen Jerome Felton since the '05 playoffs and he's starting to pick up steam in '07. Strap it up.

seantaylor
October 22nd, 2007, 01:18 AM
Citadel has NO shot in Paulson. They will get blown out.

GSUhooligan
October 22nd, 2007, 01:28 AM
Wofford 30
WCU 24

App 42
FU 39

UTC 27
Elon 26

GSU 45
A Citadel 41

OL FU
October 22nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
Wofford
Elon
GSU
ASU

walliver
October 22nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
Wofford by 7 over WCU - I would hope the Terriers would bounce back and win by 70, but we have a history of playing poorly in the 'Whee

Elon 56 UTC 49 - Could be a shootout and UTC has an outside chance, but I don't think it's going to happen.

GSU 35 THE C 32 - Jayson Foster is on a roll.

ASU 38 Furman 28 - For most of the year I saw this as a Furman upset, but I don't see ASU losing two in a row.

terrierbob
October 22nd, 2007, 07:27 AM
FU: When do you play WCU?

OL FU
October 22nd, 2007, 07:27 AM
FU: When do you play WCU?

Last Game

Black and Gold Express
October 22nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
I admit at this point I have lost all sense of what is going on in the SoCon. Parity has hit this conference a lot faster than I thought it would.

To that end, these are mere guesses more than anything:

WOF@WCU - Last year losing to Elon would have been a bad loss. This year it seems the Phoenix are growing up before our eyes each week. Wofford gets a good scheduling break by playing the one truly dreadful SoCon team left. The Cats have no chance in this one.

WOF 35
WCU 9

UTC@Elon - Elon has just taken control of it's own destiny. As stated before, they've grown up in front of our eyes. Now they get a totally different kind of test - how does this young team respond to a potential letdown game? UTC is one of two SoCon school with no leigitmate shot at a postseason right now, and are definitely capable of playing the spoiler. I think Elon survives this one, but learns a lot in beating UTC by less than they should.

UTC 21
ELO 28

CIT@GSU - The Eagles broke The Streak, and find themselves back in the thick of things. GSU picked a good time for them to unveil their new offensive wrikles, putting Foster in as a tailback for quite a few plays and having a QB with a real arm take snaps. Now that offense is not quite so one-dimensional, but GSU needs Foster's A game each week if they are going to win. On the other side, The Citadel still has yet to really dominate against a good team, and I do see them as the real paper tigers of all the SoCon hopefuls. This week will decide if the 2007 season continues with hopes of playoffs, of it they relegate themselves to the "best of the rest". I believe the latter will occur as the GSU offense steamrolls the Bellhops.

CIT 35
GSU 48

ASU@FUR - Two weeks ago this game was two teams going in seemingly opposite directions. Now this game has taken on a much different look. Edwards is back, though still rusty. The offense still puts up a lot of points no matter who takes the snaps, but the defense has been fully exposed against the run. The run is the one thing the Furman offense still can do (besides commit turnovers), and that's cause for concern.

So, what happens? Obviously I'm going homer pick here and trust in our coaches to correct what they can, but at this point in the year you are what you are, and ASU's green D-Line won't magically become a brick wall at this point. We are going to have to score around 40 to win, and I don't see anything from Furman's defense that says they can stop us. May the D-line prove me wrong, I'll be happy to eat crow. Regardles, we escape.

ASU 45
FUR 38

Seven Would Be Nice
October 22nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Wofford over WCU.

GSU over The Citadel in a close one.

Elon over UTC.

ASU over Furman.

I stick with my original predictions... but what if this happened:

WCU over Wofford
UTC over Elon
GSU over The Citadel
ASU over Furman

Wofford, Elon, GSU, The Citadel, and UTC become TIED for 1st place in the socon with a 3-2 conf record.
xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Has that EVER happened in our (or any) conference? It would be really interesting if all of this played out this weekend.

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
WCU played Citadel and Elon very tough. People have written them off, but I don't see why they couldn't pull an upset, especially playing at home.

I think they still have Furman and App in Cullowhee and GSU on the road. It's feasible they could win one of those games.

appstate38
October 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Wofford 38
WCU 10

UTC 15
Elon 31

Citadel 21
GSU 20

ASU 24
FU 20

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

This is bounce back week!!!

Wofford Big over WCU 45-14
Elon Big over UTC 38-10
GSU outscores The Citadel 45 - 42
ASU outscores Furman 41- 35

ball21
October 22nd, 2007, 12:56 PM
If ASU defense can't stop the the running game of Furman.. Pack your bags and your plans for a third straight National Championship this year!

The DEFENSE needs to step up the plate and get their attitude back after this hard lose to a great GSU team. Too many mistake and poor (I mean poor) tackling by the ASU defense..

The offense was really good, but the ASU defense coaches need to get their boys moviated some how, make the ASU defense dress in the visitor locker room or something!!

Get it together if you want to make the playoffs..
New Season starts NOW !

GO APP

Seven Would Be Nice
October 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
WCU played Citadel and Elon very tough. People have written them off, but I don't see why they couldn't pull an upset, especially playing at home.

I think they still have Furman and App in Cullowhee and GSU on the road. It's feasible they could win one of those games.

We beat WCU earlier this year. I'm glad too, we won't be their spoiler game.

GSU has El Cid at home for homecoming this weekend, then Wofford on the road, the Furman at home remaining on their socon schedule.

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
We beat WCU earlier this year. I'm glad too, we won't be their spoiler game.

GSU has El Cid at home for homecoming this weekend, then Wofford on the road, the Furman at home remaining on their socon schedule.

No team really has an easy road, do they? I just don't see any team's schedule and say "yeah, they have the best chance of winning the conference."

Seven Would Be Nice
October 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
No team really has an easy road, do they? I just don't see any team's schedule and say "yeah, they have the best chance of winning the conference."

At this point, the conference is pretty much anyones.

The only team out is WCU.

B&G
October 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
Wofford's defense becomes more flimsy, but WCU is still WCU. Wofford 77, WCU 73.

GSU's coach gets into two QB system, but confusedly sends in option plays to Billy Lowe, and has Jayson Foster throw it deep every time he's in. Still the Citadel needs two overtimes to overcome an early 31-point setback. Citadel 37, GSU 34.

Scott Riddle peels off his second skin to reveal that he's actually Tom Brady; suddenly, everything makes sense. Elon 84, UTC 2.

With 7 seconds left and down by 1, Furman intercepts an ASU two-point conversion attempt and returns it all the way to the two yard-line, where said Paladin inexplicably slips. Bobby Lamb leaves and enters a Franciscan Monastic order, and never watches a football game again. ASU 15, Furman 14.

Some would question whether Bobby Lamb was watching the games in the first place.

B&G
October 22nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Wofford by 20 over WCU - The Terriers have shown some chinks in the armor lately but I think they will bounce back here.

Elon by 11 over UTC - As Winston Wolf would say, let's not start blowing Elon just yet. They have become a team to be reckoned with and they do have a bright future but they could be ripe for a letdown. Expect UTC to hang close the whole game until Elon scores a late TD to seal it.

GSU over Tha Cit by 9 - If this were a road game I might not pick the Eagles but playing in Paulson will help them avoid the letdown.

ASU over FU by 14 - App is backed into a corner now so watch out because the focus will be there. This will be the best 60 minutes they have played since the Michigan game. That isn't the homer in me either. I saw something in that 4th qtr against Southern... take this one to the bank. I feel as good about this one as I felt worried about GSU.

terrierbob
October 22nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=B&G;703169]Wofford by 20 over WCU - The Terriers have shown some chinks in the armor lately but I think they will bounce back here.

Yea, like a friggin' 4-5 turnover chink. xmadx

I think we'd be 2-6 if we had that type of game all year.

proasu89
October 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM

The Cantamounts are coming to Boone

matfu
October 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
I stick with my original predictions... but what if this happened:

WCU over Wofford
UTC over Elon
GSU over The Citadel
ASU over Furman

Wofford, Elon, GSU, The Citadel, and UTC become TIED for 1st place in the socon with a 3-2 conf record.
xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Has that EVER happened in our (or any) conference? It would be really interesting if all of this played out this weekend.

THE WINNER of the app state-furman game would also have only two conference losses.

CharlestonAppFan
October 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Wofford 38
WCU 10

UTC 15
Elon 31

Citadel 21
GSU 20

ASU 24
FU 20

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Well, I haven't made any predictions yet this year so far until tonight....last year I started halfway through the season and we (ASU) won every game so hopefully this will get them on track. Here goes:

Wofford 21 WCU 24 - WCU reminds me of Elon for some reason and I think that Wofford may have trouble with a passing offense. WCU sounded like they are improving (at least against The citadel). More of a wishful thought however than reality but you never know.

The Citadel 30 GSU 21 - GSU is a little banged up and I don't think they will be as hyped as they were against us; the Citadel guys will be though cause they feel like they have something to prove and a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

UTC 24 Elon 23 - Let down game with Elon and UTC comes out of nowhere to shake things up again. Elon's defense is the key here; if they hold up for a full game, then they should win easily. I don't think they can do it 3 weeks in a row.

ASU 42 FU 30 - Furman will get their points, but ASU will score at will against them. The real test is the ASU D, as everyone knows....ASU has trouble with shifty outside running backs, but Felton is not that type of runner..rather downhill and punishing and that's the difference here.

The Cats
October 23rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
Wofford 21 WCU 24 - WCU reminds me of Elon for some reason and I think that Wofford may have trouble with a passing offense. WCU sounded like they are improving (at least against The citadel). More of a wishful thought however than reality but you never know.

I know stats are for losers, but WCU has stacked up well yardage wise against The Citadel, Elon, EKU and even GSU.

The Citadel game (37-31), total yardage: WCU 348, the Citadel 356
The Elon game (38-36), total yardage: Elon 404, WCU 462
The GSU game (50-21), total yardage: WCU 353, GSU 397
The EKU game (45-21), total yardage: WCU 408, EKU 434

Both the Elon and The Citadel games were winable for the Cats, but turnovers were the direct cause of Western losing both games.

I honestly think the Cats will put it all together for at least one of the last three conference games. If the Cats can hold on to the ball, both the Wofford and FU games are within reach. Hopefully this flustrated team will also be able to show up and play some serious football in Boone, bringing the jug back to Cullowhee might just save Briggs job for at least one more year.

AppGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
I
I honestly think the Cats will put it all together for at least one of the last three conference games. If the Cats can hold on to the ball, both the Wofford and FU games are within reach. Hopefully this flustrated team will also be able to show up and play some serious football in Boone, bringing the jug back to Cullowhee might just save Briggs job for at least one more year.

But don't you want to be rid of him?:D Put it all together for one of the other two games, leave the jug with us this year, and get a new coach for next year. xwhistlex

The Cats
October 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
But don't you want to be rid of him?:D Put it all together for one of the other two games, leave the jug with us this year, and get a new coach for next year. xwhistlex

Oh yeah.... good point.

Liberty2005
October 23rd, 2007, 06:29 AM

The Citadel will not lose to you namby-pamby eagles. Our bulldogs will rip apart the eagles. Our record this season speaks for itself. You are looking at the Premier SOCON Team.

CID1990
October 23rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
The Citadel will win, and we won't boo GSU's band, either.

terrierbob
October 23rd, 2007, 08:48 AM

I think I'd prefer the jug go to Culowhee.

blueballs
October 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Well, I haven't made any predictions yet this year so far until tonight....last year I started halfway through the season and we (ASU) won every game so hopefully this will get them on track. Here goes:

The Citadel 30 GSU 21 - GSU is a little banged up and I don't think they will be as hyped as they were against us; the Citadel guys will be though cause they feel like they have something to prove and a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

UTC 24 Elon 23 - Let down game with Elon and UTC comes out of nowhere to shake things up again. Elon's defense is the key here; if they hold up for a full game, then they should win easily. I don't think they can do it 3 weeks in a row.

ASU 42 FU 30 - Furman will get their points, but ASU will score at will against them. The real test is the ASU D, as everyone knows....ASU has trouble with shifty outside running backs, but Felton is not that type of runner..rather downhill and punishing and that's the difference here.

The Citadel might defeat the Eagles in Statesboro on homecoming (lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, not likely:D ) but they won't hold them to 21.

CID1990
October 23rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
The Citadel might defeat the Eagles in Statesboro on homecoming (lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, not likely:D ) but they won't hold them to 21.

I'll concur with that. Our defense has not exactly been stingy this year.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 23rd, 2007, 09:43 AM

Are you kidding? we've been on our 4th string running back since week 3!! We've been playing banged up almost the entire season! This game is no worse (injury wise) than any other game this season.

Liberty2005
October 23rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
The Citadel will win, and we won't boo GSU's band, either.

That's because we are a classy bunch of Men.

ButlerGSU
October 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
That's because we are a classy bunch of Men.

That's because you'll only bring 10 people to the game.

appstate38
October 23rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
As far as the Apps go I am glad to see that we have all put down realistic expectations of the ASU defense in terms of the points they will give up. Now that we have all done that they will probably pitch a shutout..... Wait for it...... Not so much!

eaglesrthe1
October 23rd, 2007, 11:19 AM

The Citadel is having a good season. I would expect them to bring a decent crowd, considering the distance and their following.

Plus, with a noon kickoff they can come see the game and be home in time for dinner.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
I'll concur with that. Our defense has not exactly been stingy this year.

Maybe not great, but certainly not bad. I think The Citadel D kept the score respectable in all of their games except versus Furman. I hope that defense shows up this week.

That having been said, I don't see us losing at home for homecoming again.

AZGrizFan
October 23rd, 2007, 12:08 PM

If ASU gets beat again, they may be DONE. xeyebrowx

CID1990
October 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM

Those ten will whup your whole student section!

Eaglesrus
October 23rd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Those ten will whup your whole student section!

You forgot this part........xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

citdog
October 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
You forgot this part........xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

i don't believe he did, we create SUPERMEN!

did you forget about that?

xrulesx xwhistlex

Seven Would Be Nice
October 23rd, 2007, 01:47 PM

xrulesx xwhistlex

xanim_chaix
GSU - "Supermen"

Eaglesrus
October 23rd, 2007, 02:07 PM

xrulesx xwhistlex

uh, yeah, I forgot that....sure thingxlolx

BULLDOG8180
October 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM

That is not true, I have 10 riding with me. Well, actually 3 men, 2 women(not Citadel women) and 4 kids. But, they are all Bulldogs!

Eaglesrus
October 24th, 2007, 07:32 AM
That is not true, I have 10 riding with me. Well, actually 3 men, 2 women(not Citadel women) and 4 kids. But, they are all Bulldogs!

Okay, so that's 10; who else you got?

PS you say you have 10 riding with you, then say "3 men, 2 women and 4 kids"; what's the other one?

TheCatamount
October 24th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I'm real pumped for our ESPNU game Thursday. I hope we show up and play like I know we can

GO WCU!!!

bobbythekidd
October 24th, 2007, 08:27 AM

PS you say you have 10 riding with you, then say "3 men, 2 women and 4 kids"; what's the other one?
El Cid math.xrolleyesx

ButlerGSU
October 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I think the Citadel will win on Saturday. Eagles are banged up again after the long trip to Boone. It'll be close but we'll need a flawless game to put them away late.

Now, everyone else should also pick citadel.

BULLDOG8180
October 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM

The Dang BULLDOG!!!xthumbsupx

BULLDOG8180
October 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I think the Citadel will win on Saturday. Eagles are banged up again after the long trip to Boone. It'll be close but we'll need a flawless game to put them away late.

Now, everyone else should also pick citadel.

No, The Citadel is not very good. The Eagles will win!!!!

Eaglesrus
October 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM
The Dang BULLDOG!!!xthumbsupx

You'd better be careful; you might get crushed by the faction of our "fans" who are UGA gear-wearing, can't afford to go to Jacksonville, UGA wanna-be fans who will want to get their pictures taken with that animal xnodx

Liberty2005
October 24th, 2007, 11:29 AM
No, The Citadel is not very good. The Eagles will win!!!!

xnonox xnonox xnonox

jonmac
October 24th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Maybe one of the women is...ahem...big boned? :)

Oh wait, he said they aren't The Citadel women.

matfu
October 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM
prediction:

wofford 47
western 44

wofford has to pull out trick plays in first half to hold off a great comeback by western in the second half

.lol...lol..

CID1990
October 26th, 2007, 05:19 PM
You'd better be careful; you might get crushed by the faction of our "fans" who are UGA gear-wearing, can't afford to go to Jacksonville, UGA wanna-be fans who will want to get their pictures taken with that animal xnodx

We have those same kinds of fans, except they think they went to USC or Clempson.

terrierbob
October 26th, 2007, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=appfan2008;701962]Wofford beats wcu barely bc wcu is desperate and i believe wofford is worn out
xbowx

Nostradamus!

CidDT59-01
October 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Citadel has NO shot in Paulson. They will get blown out.

I Love posts such as this!! xthumbsupx

CidDT59-01
October 27th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Lets not forget that we had our share of mistakes and turnovers after getting out to a nice lead.

I know stats are for losers, but WCU has stacked up well yardage wise against The Citadel, Elon, EKU and even GSU.

The Citadel game (37-31), total yardage: WCU 348, the Citadel 356
The Elon game (38-36), total yardage: Elon 404, WCU 462
The GSU game (50-21), total yardage: WCU 353, GSU 397
The EKU game (45-21), total yardage: WCU 408, EKU 434

Both the Elon and The Citadel games were winable for the Cats, but turnovers were the direct cause of Western losing both games.

CidDT59-01
October 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM

Wanna bet?

CidDT59-01
October 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM

3 men, 2 women, 4 lil ones and himself genius.

RazorEdge19
October 27th, 2007, 09:33 AM
ASU @ Furman

After having seen both teams in action, I think App definately holds the cards in this matchup of perennial SoCon heavyweights. Though the stakes may not be as high as they were a year ago, Furman and App will be a well played game.

Look for App to try and get Kevin Richardson to the edges to exploit Furman's LBs .

Look for Furman to give App a heavy dose of Jerome Felton up the gut and off tackle to test App's questionable front seven.

Either way I see a decently scored game, with the outcome in favor of the former champs:

App: 28
Furman: 24

Citadel @ GA Soutern

This is a game that will really decide the SoCon Championship race for the final three weeks of the season. If Citadel wins, they knock GSU out of the SoCon race and likely out of the playoffs. If GSU wins, Citadel's chances of making the playoffs are severely dimmed and GSU is on the fast track to fighting for the SoCon title.

This game is less a question of offensive ability, and more a question of which defense is going to step up against two good offenses. I think Citadel's defense plays more soundly then GSU's does, and that will be the deciding factor. They'll 'contain' Jayson Foster better then anyone else so far. Cooper and Lawson will not have breakout games, but they'll get the tough yards that need to be gotten when they need them.

El Cid: 28
GSU: 21

Chat @ Elon

This is a game between two teams going in different directions. Elon is on the fast track to the SoCon championship, while Chat looks very good one week and not so good the next. The crazy thing is, every so often, Chat plays out of its mind and distrupts a very good team (Chat v. GSU). For some reason, my brain tells me Elon will continue to roll, but my heart says that Chat will rise to the occasion and make it a game.

Scott Riddle is good, veerrry good. But Chat's defense will have a good scheme for him after watching Wofford play them last week.

For Chat, everything rests on their defense. If they can slow down Elon's offense, it could be a very long day for the Pheonix.

Either way, I'm going with me head:

Elon: 27
Chat: 21

CidDT59-01
October 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Speaking on your Citadel, GSU game, great take. The D that can make a few more plays will more than likely win.

Personally, and being bias I think the Dogs do it 2 years in a row!

ASU @ Furman

After having seen both teams in action, I think App definately holds the cards in this matchup of perennial SoCon heavyweights. Though the stakes may not be as high as they were a year ago, Furman and App will be a well played game.

Look for App to try and get Kevin Richardson to the edges to exploit Furman's LBs .

Look for Furman to give App a heavy dose of Jerome Felton up the gut and off tackle to test App's questionable front seven.

Either way I see a decently scored game, with the outcome in favor of the former champs:

App: 28
Furman: 24

Citadel @ GA Soutern

This is a game that will really decide the SoCon Championship race for the final three weeks of the season. If Citadel wins, they knock GSU out of the SoCon race and likely out of the playoffs. If GSU wins, Citadel's chances of making the playoffs are severely dimmed and GSU is on the fast track to fighting for the SoCon title.

This game is less a question of offensive ability, and more a question of which defense is going to step up against two good offenses. I think Citadel's defense plays more soundly then GSU's does, and that will be the deciding factor. They'll 'contain' Jayson Foster better then anyone else so far. Cooper and Lawson will not have breakout games, but they'll get the tough yards that need to be gotten when they need them.

El Cid: 28
GSU: 21

Chat @ Elon

This is a game between two teams going in different directions. Elon is on the fast track to the SoCon championship, while Chat looks very good one week and not so good the next. The crazy thing is, every so often, Chat plays out of its mind and distrupts a very good team (Chat v. GSU). For some reason, my brain tells me Elon will continue to roll, but my heart says that Chat will rise to the occasion and make it a game.

Scott Riddle is good, veerrry good. But Chat's defense will have a good scheme for him after watching Wofford play them last week.

For Chat, everything rests on their defense. If they can slow down Elon's offense, it could be a very long day for the Pheonix.

Either way, I'm going with me head:

Elon: 27
Chat: 21

AlphaSigMD
October 27th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Haha, they just mentioned the citadel v. gsu game today on ABC's coverage of the Rutgers-West Va game. Good for you.