PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 5 2022

bonarae
October 8th, 2022, 07:15 PM
I will be leaving around 9:00 PM EDT and won't return until Sunday morning EDT at the earliest. Hence, the early posting of the thread.

One of the weakest OOC slates in recent Ivy memory wraps up this week.

Brown at Princeton
Harvard at Howard
Bucknell at Yale
Columbia at Penn
Lehigh at Cornell
UNH at Dartmouth

My picks:
Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Penn - shootout? Or toss-up?
Cornell
UNH - both teams trending in different directions.

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2022, 09:25 PM
All the home teams except Howard and Dartmouth.

Son of Eli
October 8th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Penn
Cornell
UNH

KPSUL
October 9th, 2022, 05:40 PM
Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Penn
Cornell
UNH

Do you know whether Dartmouth QB Nick Howard was injured or if they just decided to go with Cadwallader?

bulldog10jw
October 9th, 2022, 06:21 PM
Do you know whether Dartmouth QB Nick Howard was injured or if they just decided to go with Cadwallader?

The announcers on ESPN+ said he was injured.

KPSUL
October 9th, 2022, 06:42 PM

Thanks! Dartmouth has been in all their games although losing 3 out of 4. I really don't see that it makes a difference which guy plays; as long as only one takes all the snaps. But just like last year when they had Howard and Kyler, I think Dartmouth would be more dangerous when both their running and passing QBs were playing.

NY Crusader 2010
October 10th, 2022, 09:06 PM
Princeton 28 Brown 21
Harvard 41 Howard 7
Yale 30 Bucknell 13
Columbia 24 Penn 23
Cornell 22 Lehigh 17
UNH 33 Dartmouth 20

Go Green
October 12th, 2022, 08:04 AM

Yep. And I believe that he should be able to play this Saturday.

Whether or not he does is another question. We were clearly having more success with the passing game against Yale with Cadwallader. If UNH is vulnerable against the pass (and I haven't been paying enough attention to know whether or not they are), then I expect Cadwallader to get most of the action.

KPSUL
October 13th, 2022, 09:04 AM
Yep. And I believe that he should be able to play this Saturday.

Whether or not he does is another question. We were clearly having more success with the passing game against Yale with Cadwallader. If UNH is vulnerable against the pass (and I haven't been paying enough attention to know whether or not they are), then I expect Cadwallader to get most of the action.

We've been suckers for flea flickers and RB passes; burned several times in the past two games. If Howard is at QB the secondary will be playing the run aggressively - maybe too much so. I've watched quite a bit of Dartmouth this year, Howard throws 10-15 yard passes perfectly well; but he doesn't seem to throw deeper balls very accurately. Yes, Cadwallader looks like he might be a good one.

So far this season the run defense at UNH has been better than the passing D, although the pass rush has been very effective - UNH leads the CAA in Sacks.