PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer League Craziness

mvemjsunpx
October 21st, 2007, 04:14 AM
Davidson upset Drake on Saturday 24-21, partially thanks to 3 second quarter safeties. xeekx

They also held RB Scott Phayvadong to 37 yards on 16 carries.

DUPFLFan
October 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
Three punts that were snapped over the punter's head. unbelieveable...

DetroitFlyer
October 22nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
If I remember right, Drake did the same thing at Dayton last year.... Not three times of course, but I seem to remember a snap or two sailing over the punter's head.... We still lost, but those snaps kept us in the game.... Amazing how we take for granted a good snap on a punt until it is not there....

OL FU
October 22nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Congrats Davidson, time to re-join the SoConxnodx xthumbsupx

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

DetroitFlyer
October 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
From the UD Archives:

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/102806aaa.html

"Dayton got on the board first thanks to some help from the Drake special teams. On fourth down, a snap over the head of Bulldog punter Brandon Wubs set up a fumble recovery by the Flyers' Hoppe at the Drake four-yard line. That set up Godsey's fourth rushing touchdown of the season to put the Flyers up 7-0."

"In the fourth, the Flyers picked up a safety when another snap flew over the head of Wubs. With the ball two yards from the back of the end zone, Wubs tapped out of bounds to force the safety and cut the Flyers deficit to 21-9."

As I mentioned, we went on to lose 21-9, but Drake did it twice that day.... I was at the game, and those snaps were truly the "highlight" for the Flyers that day....xbawlingx