PDA

View Full Version : Which teams are you rooting for besides your own?

UMass922
October 21st, 2007, 02:53 AM
Besides your own team and other teams in your conference (since most people, I'll assume, want to see their league well represented), who are you rooting for to make the playoffs?

I'm pulling for The Citadel and Delaware State.

SirApp
October 21st, 2007, 02:59 AM
Good thread.

I'm really rooting for McNeese St. Great, traditional program but no NC's. I want them to go far and I really want a game with them in the future so I can go down to Louisiana and eat some great food (I'm a sucker for the Cajun food).

Also, I have a crush on UNI. Same reasons as above but without the food.

uofmman1122
October 21st, 2007, 03:21 AM
Eastern Washington, but I'd also like to see App turn it around, though I was rooting for GSU today. xlolx

MaroonMafia
October 21st, 2007, 03:46 AM
I've always had a blast with the fans from McNeese when they visit Missoula, so I find myself rooting for them.

Umass74
October 21st, 2007, 05:58 AM
I live in New Hampshire, so the Wildcats are my "backup team". Although I want UMass to win the game on the 10th and that may put UNH's playoff chances in danger.

slycat
October 21st, 2007, 06:37 AM
mcneese st, el cid, wofford, elon, delaware st. good to see different teams doing good things and a fellow slc team back in their prime.

JohnStOnge
October 21st, 2007, 06:53 AM
I'm pulling for Nicholls State to win out from here, finish 9-2, and get into the playoffs.

MR. CHICKEN
October 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
xnodx.........BRAWK!

JaxSinfonian
October 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
Anybody who plays Eastern Kentucky from here on out.

Tennessee State was my best hope for a Colonels loss, and they really let me down yesterday. We need EKU to lose twice for the Gamecocks to get a shot at the playoffs. Now the three teams left on their schedule (Murray State Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech) are, I think, the three league teams least likely to beat them. But who knows?

However, as soon as they've won the conference title, I'll be a Colonels fan all the way.

Boogs
October 21st, 2007, 08:55 AM
I root for Richmond and whoever is playing Albany.

HIU 93
October 21st, 2007, 08:56 AM
In the playoffs? Only teams from the MEAC- if we lose, then I'm rooting for teams from VA.

Seawolf97
October 21st, 2007, 09:42 AM
Not so much playoff bound teams but Rhode Island and Maine to win a few this year. Most improved and making a statement are Elon and PC I wish them luck for the remainder of the season.xnodx

ElonPride
October 21st, 2007, 10:34 AM
El Cid, Wofford, PC & South Florida.

oh and GSU, but only when they're the underdog versusApp Stxsmiley_wix

CID1990
October 21st, 2007, 10:36 AM
ELON.

Intrepid
October 21st, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm rooting for Delaware...I've always root for them...

GaSouthern
October 21st, 2007, 10:46 AM
I want to see wofford win the NC game this year, so I guess they get my vote.

danefan
October 21st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Go Fordham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Massella is a former NEC guy and our programs have a lot of connections.

Plus I'd like to see Montana win it all. Their fans are a class act and we've enjoyed traveling out there. Plus I saw a Grizz fan the other day in Midtown Manhattan on my way to work. That Grizz hat stuck out like a sore thumb.

R.A.
October 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
Delaware State

terrierbob
October 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
U Mass, ND State.

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2007, 11:00 AM
Delaware, Del State, Yale (except when they play us;) ) and William & Mary (family ties).

proasu89
October 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
I want to see wofford win the NC game this year, so I guess they get my vote.

You are not out of it yet.

Mr. Tiger
October 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM
I root from all SWAC schools. I root for ANY FCS school playing against an FBS school. I like the underdogs in the playoffs. This year my underdog will be Delaware State, if they get there.

UNHWildCats
October 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM
I root for whoever is playing UMass :D

McDABest
October 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
Well I root for any other team in the Southland that has a chance at the playoffs besides the auto-bid. This year its Nicholls State. Geaux Colonels!!!

Another reason for me to go for Nicholls. Their players act with complete class. We beat them last year pretty bad at "Da Hole," and still, two of their players came up to my kids who were dressed in ALL Cowboy clothes and gave them their gloves since my kids play football. I have to give them a round of applause for that or a cowbell ring.:D

ChickenMan
October 21st, 2007, 11:45 AM
Delaware St
UNH
Montana
Citadel

SeattleGriz
October 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM
Anyteam from the Big Sky of course. And if that doesn't happen, then UNI and McNeese St.

West homer!

nevadagriz
October 21st, 2007, 12:51 PM
Mcneese St, Delaware,Msu and any team that plays NDSU.

DOME
October 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Indiana St.

Also whoever is playing Iowa or Iowa St.

Monarch History
October 21st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Since I'm an Old Dominion University fan and we don't start play until 2009,I pull for all the teams in Hampton Roads/Southeast VA:
William and Mary xthumbsupx
Norfolk State xthumbsupx
Hampton University

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM
Norfolk St.
Holy Cross
Cal Poly

Peems
October 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Usually I root for Delaware, McNeese, and Ga. Southern

What can I say, I'm an Old Guard fan!

Petrie Dish
October 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
Fordham
McNeese St.
Delaware St.

Old Cage
October 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM
Anyone New Hampshire plays other than UMass. UNHWildcats - Back atcha. :D

UNH @UMass on 11/10 will be great fun. The rivalry has really built the last few years with exciting regular season and playoff games.

CopperCat
October 21st, 2007, 03:05 PM
GSU for sure. After being a bottom feeder last year, they are looking like they may be returning to their old habits.

NDSU, because they don't really get the attention they deserve (being out of playoff contention and all).

And last but not least, whoever is playing the Griz!xthumbsupx

grizband
October 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM
GSU for sure. After being a bottom feeder last year, they are looking like they may be returning to their old habits.

NDSU, because they don't really get the attention they deserve (being out of playoff contention and all).

And last but not least, the Griz!xthumbsupx
I think this is what you meant to say. xnodx

Im cheering for Cal Poly, Elon, and Northern Iowa.

hawkineer
October 21st, 2007, 04:05 PM
The Citadel - Higgins is the man!

RadMann
October 21st, 2007, 04:16 PM
McNeese State
Delaware State
Lafayette

JALMOND
October 21st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Every year at the beginning, I call up my friend who lives in the Tidewater area and, when talking about FCS football, a running joke between us has always been when I ask him about Norfolk State. Well this year, that "joke" has been doing really well and it has been a pleasure to follow their progress, silently hoping they do make the playoffs. Go Spartans!

The other MEAC team, Delaware State, has been great to follow as well, just to see if they do get Delaware in the first round.

YaleFootballFan
October 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lehigh

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 21st, 2007, 05:17 PM
Appy State, because I've always liked Jerry Moore.
Wyoming, because I like Joe Glenn.

And the Griz, because I want to play them again (even if it's in Missoula) and we probably won't ever play each other unless it's a playoff game.

Minuteman87
October 22nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
1. Any FCS team playing an FBS team.
2. Any CAA team playing an out of conference foe.
3. Any of the Yankee Conference old guard (URI, UNH, Maine) when they are not playing UMass. Not UConn though. I wish plague and destruction upon the sled dogs.
4. Because of my two years living in the Palmetto State, Furman, SC State, Wofford. The people I met associated with those schools were always top quality.
5. This year I have developed an affection for Delaware State. I've always loved the enthusiasm of Montana fans. Northwestern State because my buddy's a professor there.
6. Harvard (academic envy).

grizbeer
October 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
McNeese
UNI
Delaware
Southern Utah
GA Southern

Walkon79
October 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
The Griz from now to November 16th, and anyone playing Eastern Washington. It's all about the playoffs now, and I would like to see MSU and UM standing alone at the top of the Big Sky heading into the brawl.

89Hen
October 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Delaware State.
xnodx xthumbsupx

CSU Girl
October 23rd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Liberty, they can beat Coastal and I hate Coastal. They have a solid program, HUGE guys, work well together and are smart.

LacesOut
October 23rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Delaware State.

AZGrizFan
October 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Liberty, they can beat Coastal and I hate Coastal. They have a solid program, HUGE guys, work well together and are smart.

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

;)

lizrdgizrd
October 23rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
Michigan & PC

appstate38
October 23rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
For me I would be pulling for about half of the CAA, and Montana and North Dakota State even though they aren't playoff eligible.

The CAA guys, in no particular order:
Delware
UNH
James Madision
Hofstra
UMass
Richmond

BisonBabe
October 23rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Mcneese St, Delaware,Msu and any team that plays NDSU.

UNI
Griz (although sometimes I am tempted not to by comments like these:p )

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Any Great West team when they don't play NDSU
UNI
Montana

eaglesrthe1
October 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
UM and McNeese, very classy fans. Also, I find myself pulling for Sav. St. I wish they could get their act together.

HIU 93
October 23rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Since I'm an Old Dominion University fan and we don't start play until 2009,I pull for all the teams in Hampton Roads/Southeast VA:
William and Mary xthumbsupx
Norfolk State xthumbsupx
Hampton University

No thumbs up for us? Dang man- that's foul!xlolx :p

The Gadfly
October 23rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Presbyterian College since they are forced to play all conference games away and family roots.

Citadel - Family roots and friends.

Princeton - Again . . . family ties

AggieFinn
October 23rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Any Great West team when they don't play UC Davis, E. Washington, Portland State, Furman (or any school with a strong student-athlete reputation).

RE/MAXGriz
October 23rd, 2007, 04:08 PM
I like cheering for some of the teams who seem to be on a good rebound, like Georgia Southern and McNeese, also for those that have shined in the "national" spotlight of FCS football, like Wofford and especially Elon.

Go Bison
October 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
For me it is:

Nicholls State
Montana State
Southern Illinois

Death Dealer
October 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Wofford
The Citadel (****ing bellhop ****heads)
Whoever is playing GSU

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
Princeton, Fordham, Lehigh, Lafayette, Holy Cross

WildcatFan
October 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Hampton

D1B
October 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Montana, Georgia Southern, North Dakota State

skinny_uncle
October 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
1. Future Gateway members NDSU and SDSU.
2. Any FCS team playing an FBS team.

FCS Go!
October 23rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
I'll go:

Norfolk St- when was the last time they were a contender?
Southern Utah- as above, beat somebody, anybody, you deserve it
VMI- as above
Georgetown-as above except for the deserve it part
Howard- doing well this year IMO
Georgia Southern- classic team, are they back?

My secret playoff wish is South Dakota St!