PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-8

JALMOND
October 5th, 2022, 07:30 PM
Another week of action in the Big Sky and Montana, Idaho and UC Davis are taking the weekend off, while Portland State is binging in a non-conference opponent to their stadium. Five games on tab, and while only one looks to be somewhat close, time has shown not to discount the other ones. I am currently at 37-8, after having a perfect week last week. Perfection is nice and let's see if I can do it again. Here are the games on the schedule for this week. All are on Saturday.

CP at NAU---The Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for the slaughter they endured last week while the Lumberjacks took one on the chin. Two teams heading down and looking to right the ship, but only one will have a shot at salvaging the season...NAU 28, CP 10.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals gave the mighty Grizzlies all they could handle at home last week, but now they have to head out on the road into hostile territory to face the other Montana team. The Bobcats showed on national TV last week how they play football and it is hard to stop...MSU 38, ISU 17.

Lincoln, CA (DII) at PSU---The Vikings felt good about getting a win last week after a murderous September, playing three road games. Speaking of road games, they bring in an opponent that does not have a home stadium and plays all their games on the road. Makes it difficult to win...PSU 49, Lincoln, CA 7.

EWU at WSU---Hard to think this may be a must win for the Eagles, and coming off a short week and a trip across the country, just to hit the road again, may be a tall order. The Wildcats don't mind as they had two weeks to prepare for this statement game...WSU 31, EWU 14.

UNC at SAC---After their opening week debacle, the Bears actually have looked relatively competitive and may see some good coming up in the coming seasons. But this week, they head out on the road to play a determined Hornet team thinking this is their year...SAC 38, UNC 17.

bonarae
October 5th, 2022, 07:37 PM
NAU
Montana State
Portland State
Weber
Sac

wapiti
October 6th, 2022, 09:28 AM
CP 17 at NAU 35 --- CP is having a season they would rather forget. NAU has been struggling for W's too. NAU with homefield advantage should take this win. (I start to wonder if Beau's job as HC @CP is at risk.)

ISU 24 at MSU 38 ---MSU is starting to fire on all cylinders, they still have some work and fine tuning to do, but MSU should not have a problem with pesky ISU.

Lincoln, CA (DII) 13 at PSU 45---PSU has a cupcake coming to down. Enjoy the frosting Jalmond.

EWU 20 at WSU 28---A loss here and EWU will have to win out to earn any playoff consideration. EWU needs to win out to have a sure playoff spot. BBQ will be tough in Odgen.

UNC 21 at SAC 42---UNCU has shown progress as the season has happened. But if they could not beat UI, they are unlikely to beat Sac.

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Poly 20 @ NAU 34 - Both teams are struggling this year. The Lumberjacks have homefield and a nearly 7000' elevation change to their advantage.
ISU-o 21 @ MSU 45 - Unfortunately, I'm expecting our D to give up a long TD or 2 for the Bungles. But the O-line came together extremely well this year and is manhandling the opposition.
Lincoln 6 @ PSU 38 - Supposedly Lincoln is a DII school. But they are playing an all-FCS schedule? And the basketball team plays NAIA MSU-Northern? xconfusedx Whatever... the Vikings enjoy a cupcake before trying to repeat last year's upset over Weber.
EWU 20 @ WSU 30- No one has scored more than 14 on the Grills. EWU has the offense to set a new high, but not enough to get the W.
NoCo 24 @ Sac St. 45 - The Bears offense came alive the last 2 games against the Idaho schools, scoring 35 both games. The Hornets have their sights set on repeating as Big Sky champs and won't be derailed by UNC.

SeattleCat
October 6th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Poly 20 @ NAU 34 - Both teams are struggling this year. The Lumberjacks have homefield and a nearly 7000' elevation change to their advantage.
ISU-o 21 @ MSU 45 - Unfortunately, I'm expecting our D to give up a long TD or 2 for the Bungles. But the O-line came together extremely well this year and is manhandling the opposition.
Lincoln 6 @ PSU 38 - Supposedly Lincoln is a DII school. But they are playing an all-FCS schedule? And the basketball team plays NAIA MSU-Northern? xconfusedx Whatever... the Vikings enjoy a cupcake before trying to repeat last year's upset over Weber.
EWU 20 @ WSU 30- No one has scored more than 14 on the Grills. EWU has the offense to set a new high, but not enough to get the W.
NoCo 24 @ Sac St. 45 - The Bears offense came alive the last 2 games against the Idaho schools, scoring 35 both games. The Hornets have their sights set on repeating as Big Sky champs and won't be derailed by UNC.

I'm about same as you but I don't think Eastern will hang even 20 against Weebs secondary, they're ridiculous. I'm thinking 30-12 all scores are field goals for Eastern.

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2022, 10:45 AM
I'm about same as you but I don't think Eastern will hang even 20 against Weebs secondary, they're ridiculous. I'm thinking 30-12 all scores are field goals for Eastern.

Their defense is stout, no doubt. They're giving up the 9th fewest yards in FCS and 2nd fewest PPG (1st is Jackson St. who hasn't really played anyone. I know... WSU played a DII and a transitioning UTU. But they also played FBS USU and a better-than-their-record Davis, so to be giving up under 10 is impressive. I'm hoping we have a full stable of RBs back for the game on the 22nd (my b-day is the 23rd, so they better win for me!) and we can lean on them with Ifanse, Sumner, Elliott, Chambers, and Mellott. With the O-line playing like it has and rotating in fresh legs constantly, I like our chances.

SeattleCat
October 6th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Their defense is stout, no doubt. They're giving up the 9th fewest yards in FCS and 2nd fewest PPG (1st is Jackson St. who hasn't really played anyone. I know... WSU played a DII and a transitioning UTU. But they also played FBS USU and a better-than-their-record Davis, so to be giving up under 10 is impressive. I'm hoping we have a full stable of RBs back for the game on the 22nd (my b-day is the 23rd, so they better win for me!) and we can lean on them with Ifanse, Sumner, Elliott, Chambers, and Mellott. With the O-line playing like it has and rotating in fresh legs constantly, I like our chances.

I'm not sure Ifanse will be back this year, I've heard talk of redshirting him this year, but we'll need every health back and quarterback for the Weber game. like you I think our run game can give Weber some problems.

The Cats
October 6th, 2022, 11:54 AM
all home teams win this week...

- - - Updated - - -

wapiti
October 6th, 2022, 12:05 PM
NAU
Montana State
Portland State
Weber
Sac

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, but what will the scores be?

The Cats
October 6th, 2022, 12:12 PM
Yea, but what will the scores be?

Well now, that's any bodies guess....

dbackjon
October 6th, 2022, 12:36 PM
Lumberjacks
Bobkitties
Vikings
BBQ
Hornetville

Green Cookie Monster
October 6th, 2022, 03:28 PM
N. Arizona college
MSU
PSU, Lincoln, really?
WSU
Sac

mvemjsunpx
October 7th, 2022, 12:28 AM
Saturday

NoCo 21-51 Sac State — The Bears are 2-13 all-time against Sac State xoopsx

EWU 20-37 Weber — Bye week, home game, opponent on a short week… the Wildcats should cruise

Cal Poly 20-28 NAU — If the 'Jacks lose this, they will likely go winless in the Skydome this year

Idaho St. 17-49 Montana St. — The Bobcats could probably run for 500 yards in this one if they really want to

Lincoln (CA) 10-59 Portland St. — The Oaklanders' lost to Central Washington 92-0 last year

JALMOND
October 9th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Another week of action in the Big Sky and Montana, Idaho and UC Davis are taking the weekend off, while Portland State is binging in a non-conference opponent to their stadium. Five games on tab, and while only one looks to be somewhat close, time has shown not to discount the other ones. I am currently at 37-8, after having a perfect week last week. Perfection is nice and let's see if I can do it again. Here are the games on the schedule for this week. All are on Saturday.

CP at NAU---The Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for the slaughter they endured last week while the Lumberjacks took one on the chin. Two teams heading down and looking to right the ship, but only one will have a shot at salvaging the season...NAU 28, CP 10.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals gave the mighty Grizzlies all they could handle at home last week, but now they have to head out on the road into hostile territory to face the other Montana team. The Bobcats showed on national TV last week how they play football and it is hard to stop...MSU 38, ISU 17.

Lincoln, CA (DII) at PSU---The Vikings felt good about getting a win last week after a murderous September, playing three road games. Speaking of road games, they bring in an opponent that does not have a home stadium and plays all their games on the road. Makes it difficult to win...PSU 49, Lincoln, CA 7.

EWU at WSU---Hard to think this may be a must win for the Eagles, and coming off a short week and a trip across the country, just to hit the road again, may be a tall order. The Wildcats don't mind as they had two weeks to prepare for this statement game...WSU 31, EWU 14.

UNC at SAC---After their opening week debacle, the Bears actually have looked relatively competitive and may see some good coming up in the coming seasons. But this week, they head out on the road to play a determined Hornet team thinking this is their year...SAC 38, UNC 17.

Perfection again this week. 42-8 for the year.

dbackjon
October 10th, 2022, 11:14 AM
Lumberjacks
Bobkitties
Vikings
BBQ
Hornetville

5/5