PDA

View Full Version : Congrats GSU!

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Congrats on the HUUUUUGGGGGEEEE win!

Way to bounce back after the tough loss last week.

appstate38
October 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
What a finish.... CONGRATS EAGLES!

BestOfBreed
October 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Congrats Eagles! Way to break the streak!

WoCoTerrier
October 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Congrats, welcome to the "We can beat Michigan" club. I guess Elon joined today too.

terrierbob
October 20th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Congrats Eagles!

So what the heck are the standings now?

appstate38
October 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Congrats Eagles!

So what the heck are the standings now?

No "Big 3" that much is for sure

Wofford
Citadel
Elon
Chatt
GSU
ASU
Furman
WCU

gophoenix
October 20th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Wofford 3-1
Citadel 3-1
Elon 3-1
Ga Southern 2-2
Chattanooga 2-2
Appalachian St 1-2
Furman 1-2
Western Carolina 0-4

PaladinFan
October 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Furman got a nice win on the road today.

When is the last time App and Furman played with two conference losses each? Sheesh.

appstate38
October 20th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Wofford 3-1
Citadel 3-1
Elon 3-1
Ga Southern 2-2
Chattanooga 2-2
Appalachian St 1-2
Furman 1-2
Western Carolina 0-4

Except for Western, if I stand on my head the standings don't look so badxeyebrowx

chattanoogamocs
October 20th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Anyone notice...all 4 home teams lost today.

(and three of the four games were by less than a TD)

P-A-R-I-T-Y

GSU Just One More Time
October 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Great games in the Socon today. App St. is a good team and Boone is a tough place to play. Glad we won. Congrats Elon two big wins in a row. IS THERE A CHANCE THE SOCON GETS 4 TEAMS IN THIS YEAR? The next three weeks are going to be great. GATA EAGLES Good Job

gophoenix
October 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Anyone notice...all 4 home teams lost today.

(and three of the four games were by less than a TD)

P-A-R-I-T-Y

Yes, it's great, isn't it? Or at least fun!

dwtime
October 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Great games in the Socon today. App St. is a good team and Boone is a tough place to play. Glad we won. Congrats Elon two big wins in a row. IS THERE A CHANCE THE SOCON GETS 4 TEAMS IN THIS YEAR? The next three weeks are going to be great. GATA EAGLES Good Job

SOCON is a very good conference, not getting many automatic wins is the way it should be. SOCON should get 4 teams in if all 4 finish 8-3 or better. Not even App St. should get in if they finish 7-4, but I would expect them to be at least 8-3 probably 9-2.

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 06:40 PM
5 SoCon teams COULD be ranked this week.

El Cid - sure making a case.
GSU - just beat the #5 team.
Elon - already ranked and beat the #6 team
Wofford - lost to the #24 team
App - Lost to GSU

SoCon ranked teams may look like this next week (it kind of sucks because no SoCon teams will probably be in the top 5):

ASU #10
Wofford #11
Elon #15ish
GSU #19ish
El Cid #25

There are no sure wins in the conference this year.
WCU is improving every game
Furman, even though their record isn't there as in past years, is STILL Furman
UTC, a little shaky but still a good team

The old whippin boys
Elon - The win today speaks for itself
El Cid - a pretty solid team

T-Dog
October 20th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Just got back from the scene of the crime (just kidding)

Great game by GaSo. Foster is the best player in the SoCon. GaSo fans should be very proud of their team. App played flat but GaSo was a good bit of the reason why.

Talked with a bunch of the GaSo fans afterwards. Good people they were. They should be be proud of themselves. I talked with the guys with the flags. They join an elite group of teams in recent years to win @ App (which includes no one for the last five years)The rebuilding process in Statesboro isn't complete, but it took a good turn today after a couple of tough losses.

What a odd season it's been for App. The biggest upset in the history of college football, then loses it's 30-game home winning streak in the same year.

God bless our students. When a good number of the season-ticket holders were leaving when it was 38-20, most the students stayed and were cheering as hard as they could. No undergraduate here (unless their on the 6-year plan) has ever seen us lose at home as a student. It was just as loud near the end as it's been in my time here. We believed it wouldn't end and it almost didn't.

At least now us and GaSo get to take turns ganging up on Furman and El Cit in the next two weeks. We have that in common.

RIP: 30-game home winning streak

9/20/2003 - 10/20/2007

It was a great run. Now we concentrate on making the playoffs.

appfan2008
October 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
congrats gsu you outplayed for 3.5 quarters and that was all you needed... really played guys... foster is so the real deal...

sad to see the streak end but all good things do...

would love to see four socon in the playoffs but we better be careful bc alot of the teams are beating each other up and picking up a lot of losses

furman94
October 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I think FU will be pumped for next week. We should have a Max + crowd here too. (Hopefully packed with purple!)

Gil Dobie
October 20th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Congrats Eagles. xthumbsupx

proasu89
October 20th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Congrats to the Eagles. Our playoffs start next Saturday in Greenville. I don't like our chances of getting in at 8-3 seeing how all 3 losses would be in conference.

matfu
October 20th, 2007, 07:14 PM

i will vote we get two teams in....maybe i am wrong. i will buy you a coke if we get four teams in. i just don't think it will happen.

JDC325
October 20th, 2007, 07:15 PM
The folks who left early should be ashamed!! App has given them grade A football for any level the last three years!! Crap bag band-wagoners!!! How could anyone in their right mind ever leave an App GSU game before the last second ticks off? xnonono2x

ab4app
October 20th, 2007, 07:22 PM
What a game, I dont think i will be able to sleep tonight, GSU played great today,Yall stole the showxbowx , job well done. We certainly showed some character in almost coming back though. As bad as this loss hurts, for those off us who live and die with our boys on the field, our heart is still beating, we gotta move on, remain confident and get ready for Furman. Its all up for grabs now. Tough goin apps, shake it off, get back up and march on.

ab4app
October 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM
The folks who left early should be ashamed!! App has given them grade A football for any level the last three years!! Crap bag band-wagoners!!! How could anyone in their right mind ever leave an App GSU game before the last second ticks off? xnonono2x

Could not agree with you more, I was watching the game on TV what a bunch of sorry fans. That made me so mad, those guys deserve everyone to stay the entire game even if there is no shot at winning. That was a very poor display of support, Yall who left early gotta have more fight in you then that. Come on peoplexnonono2x Do you know who it is you are pulling for, dont be a bandwagon fan. Maybe I am just mad because we lost, sorry if what I am saying is rude, it just rubbed me wrong

"Quitting is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

darussian12
October 20th, 2007, 07:45 PM
the same foster that terrorized us in the '05 playoffs...that midget gave me a heartattack everytime he touched the ball even 2 years ago

Grizaholic17
October 20th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Could not agree with you more, I was watching the game on TV what a bunch of sorry fans. That made me so mad, those guys deserve everyone to stay the entire game even if there is no shot at winning. That was a very poor display of support, Yall who left early gotta have more fight in you then that. Come on peoplexnonono2x Do you know who it is you are pulling for, dont be a bandwagon fan. Maybe I am just mad because we lost, sorry if what I am saying is rude, it just rubbed me wrong

"Quitting is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

It is diassapointing when fans leave early. The Griz fans are the worst. at least 1/3 of the stadium didn't return after halftime tailgating...I hate the people that go tailgating at halftime and don't get back until mid 3rd quarter...Argh. But Congrats to GSU and good luck to all SoCon teams!

appfan2008
October 20th, 2007, 08:01 PM
i tell you what i was very disappointed in the stands as i watched people pouring out of the stadium as well... it seems to be a problem at asu recently... generally it happens when are kicking some lenoir ryhne-mars hill-gardner webb butt but this game was never over and I hate to see that happen...

also i love how asu allowed people down on the track area in front of the scoreboard... that is where i was for most of it and it was an awesome view

SirApp
October 20th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Congrats GSU.

Coach Hatcher had a great gameplan and the team executed very well.

As I have said before, Jayson Foster just proved once again that he is the best player in the FCS. The man was everywhere today.

asu70
October 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Congrats to GSU, I'm so glad that this is J. Foster's last year... he is an outstanding player to say the least. Your players played their hearts out and certainly deserved today's win. Good luck for the rest of the season.

lizrdgizrd
October 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM
xbawlingx

Good win, GSU. Throw out the records every game 'cause it's a toss-up every time.

I now hate Jayson Foster. :p

Guess those defensive changes weren't the solution. xsmhx

APPSTER
October 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
What makes Foster even more amazing is that everyone in the freakin' stadium knows that if you stop him, you win. One guy. And nobody can stop him. Amazing.

Congrats to Ga Southern on a great win.

psc2445
October 20th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Good win eagles, i remember being apart of a helpless defense playing against a good GSU offense. It is all scheme football. After a few gashes people start trying to do other peoples jobs and then you a running around like a chicken with its head cutoff. then the sideline huddles become bickering matches. it's a bad situation to be in. With a young defense in key positions it just takes one guy to be out of position for the floodgates to open. again, congrats you beat a good team today, but we need to get better in a hurry.

HiHiYikas
October 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM
This thread got buried fast...

I would add a word of congrats to GSU for the big win in Boone. It was as good a game as I've ever seen at KBS...an absolute thrill for 3598.9 of the 3600 seconds of regulation.

I kept saying to myself...they're going to turn it over...a bad snap...a fumble...a pick...something...it never happened, and that made all the difference. Great game.

Sorry so many of our students booed the GSU band. I was one of only 2 or 3 in my section who stood and clapped (I was in the student section). I was pleased to hear some of the older, wiser, less immature fans in the upper sections yelling "SHOW SOME CLASS" to the folks below. Not a great moment for us, but par for the course in an always-heated rivalry.

So the two closest ASU games from 2006 have been the two closest games in 2007. ASU could have just as easily ended up 0-2 against Wofford/GSU last year. Some years that just happens...

It is completely unfathomable how anybody with any kind of tenure as a football coach could guide that team to a 3-8 record. It is altogether inconceivable. It's the kind of thing you'd expect from a regular schmoe with a totally fabricated football resume.

How BVG isn't selling tires at Costco right now is a tremendous mystery to me.

GaSouthern
October 21st, 2007, 07:00 PM
With the spirits in me last night, sorry for my poor respect for ASU on this forum, I have been terrified of GSU losing their home winning streak records to ASU, and getting whipped the last two times left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. There are plenty of admirable ASU fans out there and I want to thank you for not running down GSU when we were down, I should be a better winner and look to make an improvement on that.

Thanks for the congrats, after last year, it's almost something new to me.

GATA EAGLES! FIND A WAY!

james_lawfirm
October 21st, 2007, 07:55 PM
This thread got buried fast...

I would add a word of congrats to GSU for the big win in Boone. It was as good a game as I've ever seen at KBS...an absolute thrill for 3598.9 of the 3600 seconds of regulation.

I kept saying to myself...they're going to turn it over...a bad snap...a fumble...a pick...something...it never happened, and that made all the difference. Great game.

Sorry so many of our students booed the GSU band. I was one of only 2 or 3 in my section who stood and clapped (I was in the student section). I was pleased to hear some of the older, wiser, less immature fans in the upper sections yelling "SHOW SOME CLASS" to the folks below. Not a great moment for us, but par for the course in an always-heated rivalry.

So the two closest ASU games from 2006 have been the two closest games in 2007. ASU could have just as easily ended up 0-2 against Wofford/GSU last year. Some years that just happens...

It is completely unfathomable how anybody with any kind of tenure as a football coach could guide that team to a 3-8 record. It is altogether inconceivable. It's the kind of thing you'd expect from a regular schmoe with a totally fabricated football resume.

How BVG isn't selling tires at Costco right now is a tremendous mystery to me.

I understand your point about the GaSo band. And, I agree it was class-less to boo them during half-time or during the game. They sounded pretty good to me, and they showed appropriate respect to ASU's band, as they should have. However, it showed a lack of good taste & common sense for the GaSo band to walk over to in front of the ASU student section after the game & verbally recite their fight song - I don't know what it is, but it ends in "fight, fight, fight". I saw a number of projectiles tossed in response to it. While I by no means support such acts, I question the wisdom of bringing the GaSo over to the ASU side in the first place, much less let them sing their fight song. They would have been fine without that.

And, it was a great game by GaSo. I too was waiting for the turnover that never came.

mrklean
October 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
GEORGIA>>SOUTHERN>>>EAGLES>>>FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

UCABEARS75
October 22nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
I want to add my congratulations to the Eagles great win.

After seeing the talent ya'll had last year, especially Foster, and adding Chris Hatcher to the mix I was pretty confident you would get back to winning in a big way in a hurry.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

p.s. Man, ya'll have a heck of a conference race shaping up over there.

Eaglesrus
October 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Well, just back from Boone after a one day longer trip than originally planned, but that's a story for another time. Thanks to all of you ASU fans for the congrats and the class you have evidenced. What a game! The last 7 minutes were heart attack time for this old Eagle. Your team showed they really have the hearts for champions after being down by 18 that late in the game. I expressed surprise at the number of your fans who had left and were leaving at that point. In fact, I said that to my best friend standing next to me and he said "they have to at least score two touchdowns, one two point conversion, an extra point and a field goal, and that just gets them to overtime; NO WAY." Well, obviously it came very close to WAY.

One other thing; I was really impressed with the community support in Boone. The ladies insisted on spending about two hours in the shops on King Street pre-game, and it was something to see all the folks in the shops wearing the Black Saturday tee shirts. We also appreciated that other than a few good natured "we can't serve you here when your wearing that GSU stuff" sort of comments everyone, pre and post-game, was very cordial. Great weekend (except for Sunday) and already looking forward to doing it again in two years.

GSUhooligan
October 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
i tell you what i was very disappointed in the stands as i watched people pouring out of the stadium as well... it seems to be a problem at asu recently... generally it happens when are kicking some lenoir ryhne-mars hill-gardner webb butt but this game was never over and I hate to see that happen...

also i love how asu allowed people down on the track area in front of the scoreboard... that is where i was for most of it and it was an awesome view

I was down there in the endzone with 15-20 other GSU students. I probably exchanged a few words with you. All in good fun.

proasu89
October 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Well, just back from Boone after a one day longer trip than originally planned, but that's a story for another time. Thanks to all of you ASU fans for the congrats and the class you have evidenced. What a game! The last 7 minutes were heart attack time for this old Eagle. Your team showed they really have the hearts for champions after being down by 18 that late in the game. I expressed surprise at the number of your fans who had left and were leaving at that point. In fact, I said that to my best friend standing next to me and he said "they have to at least score two touchdowns, one two point conversion, an extra point and a field goal, and that just gets them to overtime; NO WAY." Well, obviously it came very close to WAY.

One other thing; I was really impressed with the community support in Boone. The ladies insisted on spending about two hours in the shops on King Street pre-game, and it was something to see all the folks in the shops wearing the Black Saturday tee shirts. We also appreciated that other than a few good natured "we can't serve you here when your wearing that GSU stuff" sort of comments everyone, pre and post-game, was very cordial. Great weekend (except for Sunday) and already looking forward to doing it again in two years.

Glad you had a good time, well sort of glad that isxbawlingx Downtown before the game has turned into a special place, especially when you have a chamber of commerce day like Saturday. Yes a lot left early but I know some that came running backxoopsx

phillyAPP
October 22nd, 2007, 07:11 PM

I am glad to hear good things about the APP fans from the GSU fans. I think that both schools are growing their respect for each other. It makes the games more fun when neither of us have "bad fan chips on our shoulders". I can't wait till next year to go to Statesboro and return the favor on the field. The GSU players played with pride and grit to win that game. I was on the east side and watched after every play how GSU players sucked up their injuries and played another down.

GO APP WIN ONE GAME AT A TIME.