PDA

View Full Version : Elon upsets Wofford 24-13!!!!

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
GO ELON!!!!!!

bobbythekidd
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

JDC325
Very nice now look at the GSU App score!!!

ASU88
October 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Well done, Elon. You guys are for real!

wocorebel
October 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Too many turnovers cost us and we couldn't force any. Good job Elon.

phoenixsq
October 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
No more conversations about we deserve to belong in the SoCon. Wofford and GSU and tied for first. Eat this Citdog!xshhhx xshhhx

TheValleyRaider
October 20th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Wow...big win for the Phoenix xbowx

And to think, Lehigh wanted Lembo out of the picture.... xwhistlex

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 03:46 PM
After hitting 5 Fgs last week, Wilcox missed 3 today. Score could've been more lopsided.

whoanellie
October 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM
finally a breather ;-) ,
last 4 games 3 on the road, 3 ranked opponents, 3 wins!!!!!
noth'n beats winning 'except learning how to win!!!!!
can't wait to see Defensive stats, keeping Wofford to 13 points is a huge plus.

slycat
October 20th, 2007, 03:52 PM
congrats. big win for elon.

JmuSkinsfan
October 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for knocking off Wofford. Now I'm pulling for the App. State upset. It would be nice to move up to #6 and finally start getting some #1 votes for JMU. And thats only two of four games that have upset potential this week!

th0m
October 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Way to go Elon!

th0m
October 20th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks for knocking off Wofford. Now I'm pulling for the App. State upset. It would be nice to move up to #6 and finally start getting some #1 votes for JMU. And thats only two of four games that have upset potential this week!

I don't see why we would get #1 votes in a bye week. More likely, Woffy's votes go to NDSU for their win over Minny. I expect the #1 votes to be divided between NDSU and UNI (assuming they win their game against WIU), and rightfully so.

JmuSkinsfan
October 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I don't see why we would get #1 votes in a bye week. More likely, Woffy's votes go to NDSU for their win over Minny. I expect the #1 votes to be divided between NDSU and UNI (assuming they win their game against WIU), and rightfully so.

Just wishful thinking. Everyone ranked #1-7 had first place votes, so I figured if we were #8, but moved up, we might get a couple. But yeah, I see your logic, we are unlikely to gain any votes on a bye, but maybe we see them start coming our way if we are able to win in the next two weeks

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 20th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Congrats Elon!! Huge win for both the season and your program!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 20th, 2007, 04:09 PM
GSU 31-17 leading App. State at the half.

If GSU gets a win, then Elon has a good chance to....are you ready for this...get the the Socon autobid! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

xcoolx

bobbythekidd
October 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
GSU 31-17 leading App. State at the half.

If GSU gets a win, then Elon has a good chance to....are you ready for this...get the the Socon autobid! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

xcoolx
Don't forget El Cid, also 3-1

terrierbob
October 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Congrats, Phoenix. You have a good team and a good coach. Bets of luck the rest of the way.

Tod
October 20th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Wow! Congrats, Elon! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 20th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Don't forget El Cid, also 3-1

El Cid still has to play App. State and GSU. Elon only has to play Cid, Chatty, and Furman.

appstate38
October 20th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Congrats Phoenix.... You guys earned it. Keep it up!

catamount man
October 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM
November 10th, Elon at The Citadel could be for it all! Other than us, the SoCon is a wild ride this year, BUT, hopefully help is on its way in Cullowhee!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

gophoenix
October 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM
The SoCon is stacked. I am starting to think that the SoCon is just underrated across the board. When you see the A-10 with 6 teams in like the top 15, you have to wonder why that can't also be the SoCon just because 5 years ago it wasn't

November 10th, Elon at The Citadel could be for it all! Other than us, the SoCon is a wild ride this year, BUT, hopefully help is on its way in Cullowhee!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Losing to Elon by 3 and The Citadel by 7, you have to think that Western is not an automatic win for anyone either. I am not sure there is a really bad program (like Elon/ETSU 3 years ago or VMI the last ten years of membership) anymore.

WoCoTerrier
October 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Good game Elon, you beat us good.

But I have a serious question, why did #60 keep coming back in the game on defense? He kept getting injured and having to leave the game. He had to have been injured at least 3 times. Why keep putting him back in?

gophoenix
October 20th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Good game Elon, you beat us good.

But I have a serious question, why did #60 keep coming back in the game on defense? He kept getting injured and having to leave the game. He had to have been injured at least 3 times. Why keep putting him back in?

I think you mean Eric Ludwig on defense? He has some sort of problem where he gets back cramps late in the last 3 games, or that is what has been reported. They stretch him and he goes back in.

WoCoTerrier
October 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I think you mean Eric Ludwig on defense? He has some sort of problem where he gets back cramps late in the last 3 games, or that is what has been reported. They stretch him and he goes back in.

At least the last injury didn't seem like it was his back, but I'm not sure.

CID1990
October 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Go Fighting Christians!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Elon. My favorite team other than El Cid since I was a little kid. So much for the fans of the so called "big three" talking so much smack about you guys prior to the season. Hopefully we can take care of business over the next couple weeks and maybe the El Cid-Elon game will mean something! (Maybe!)

I'll pull for you guys except for when we play you.

LehighFan11
October 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Elon fans, enjoy it while it last because Lembo torn it up at Lehigh his first year and was never the same after that. Of course different situation (he inherited Higgans team). (=

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Elon fans, enjoy it while it last because Lembo torn it up at Lehigh his first year and was never the same after that. Of course different situation (he inherited Higgans team). (=

Seriously, why the sour grapes????????? He has turned this Elon program around in a short time..........

He really didn't inherit much at Elon, but turned a team that didn't have much into believers in his system.

The Patriot is no SoCon, and Lembo should be commended for the job so far.....turning the whipping boy into a contender.

BestOfBreed
October 20th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I would put Elon as my #2 team in the SoCon next year behind App. Elon is extremely young and talented.

hawkineer
October 20th, 2007, 05:42 PM
November 10th, Elon at The Citadel could be for it all!
Higgins against Lembo. I think I'm going to be sick.xbawlingx xbawlingx

I hope Matt Millen get elephantitis of the gonads. :D

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I would put Elon as my #2 team in the SoCon next year behind App. Elon is extremely young and talented.

You guys honestly have the classiest fans in the SoCon.

CID1990
October 20th, 2007, 10:08 PM
You Elon fans tell all these others to kiss your asses! Everyone and their brother had you guys in the basement, and were even questioning the SoCon for allowing you in. Blah blah private schools blah blah whine cry small enrollment blah blah! Now they are all congratulating you and telling you how "for real" you are!

This is crow served at its BEST. The only better thing that could happen would be for Samford to put an ass whuppin on the so called "big three" next year. PLEASE say it won't happen, guys!

colgate13
October 20th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Wow...big win for the Phoenix xbowx

And to think, Lehigh wanted Lembo out of the picture.... xwhistlex

First thing I thought of too...

ngineer
October 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
First thing I thought of too...

I don't know where this idea that Lembo was fired at Lehigh got started. He was not fired. Elon opened up, He applied and got the job. He was going to be moving on at some point at his young age. Yes, there were some alums who didn't care for him from a personality standpoint, but no one doubted his football mind or organizational skills. As was reported some time ago, he has stepped on some toes at Elon as well...but when you're winning such bruises tend to be ignored. Pete can get prickly at times if there is criticism and he certainly got some after losing to Lafayette two years in a row and 3/4, but it certainly wasn't enough to 'drive' someone out of town if they have any kind of skin. If Lembo keeps the momentum rolling at Elon, he'll be gone within the next 5 years to a BCS school.

GaSouthern
October 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Elon beats woffie, GSU beats Asu.

It's a great day to be an Eagle, the race is wide open for the playoffs!

Way to go Elon!

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Yes, there were some alums who didn't care for him from a personality standpoint, but no one doubted his football mind or organizational skills.

Sorry, but seeing some of the posts today (and in the past) from your fellow LU fans say otherwise. It truly sounds like sour grapes...........

CopperCat
October 20th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Elon? Damn, you guys came out of NOWHERE and are now making a bloodbath out of the SoCon race. And I love it!!!

Good win today! You've certainly earned some well deserved attention.

AppMan
October 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
To bad nobody was there to see it. Attendance - 8229.

appman111
October 21st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Elon is a solid team. Its too bad so many of your fans are total pricks (at least from my experience a few weeks back...man was it fun to rag them when they left early)

CID1990
October 21st, 2007, 10:33 AM
El Cid still has to play App. State and GSU. Elon only has to play Cid, Chatty, and Furman.

We are all the masters of our own destiny now. I think that Elon has an easier row to hoe at this point, but don't forget that Chatty and Furman are still dangerous.

CID1990
October 21st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Elon is a solid team. Its too bad so many of your fans are total pricks (at least from my experience a few weeks back...man was it fun to rag them when they left early)

I've been in Kidd Brewer before when the ASU fans were leaving a little early, also. Lose a few, and then come back and poke fun at Elon fans.

terrierbob
October 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
To bad nobody was there to see it. Attendance - 8229.

Good turnout for a school of 1200.

GoldandBlack
October 21st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Kudos to Coach Lembo, his staff, and The Phoenix on an excellent gameplan and good execution- a well-deserved win.

I said this past summer that the SoCon would be a free-for-all. It is, and there's a lot of season left to go.

What a great time to be a fan! xnodx

AZGrizFan
October 21st, 2007, 11:39 AM
We are all the masters of our own destiny now. I think that Elon has an easier row to hoe at this point, but don't forget that Chatty and Furman are still dangerous.

So, you are the master of your domain? :o :o :o :o :o

gophoenix
October 21st, 2007, 12:40 PM

At this point, every team in the SoCon is dangerous. When's the last time the SoCon had every team matter? Every game matters? No game is automatic?

Even in "down" years where the big three were down, ETSU and VMI (and Elon) were still automatic. Nothing is automatic now.

It is quite exciting.