View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 6, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 3rd, 2022, 12:38 PM
A lot of 4-1's playing 1-4's this week, so marquee matchups were limited. Here ya' go:

#6 Delaware @ #17 William & Mary
#24 Eastern Washington @ #7 Weber State
Western Carolina @ #12 Mercer
#14 Jackson State @ Alabama State
#18 Southern Illinois @ #19 Missouri State
#21 North Dakota @ #37 Youngstown State
Abilene Christian @ #33 Stephen F. Austin
Davidson @ St. Thomas
Southern @ Prairie View A&M

Not on the list? Let us know and why.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:59 PM
Wanted to pick SIU and Missouri St but had to go with the biggest test of the year so far for the Blue Hens.

wcugrad95
October 3rd, 2022, 01:32 PM
WCU at Mercer is an interesting matchup. Mercer has looked the part as front-runner and now I would say favorite to win the SoCon, but it is hard to tell how good they are given who they have played (I for one think they are pretty darn good). Same could be said for WCU, who is an up-and-comer but has to play a lot smarter to have a chance against a top team. This game could have huge playoff ramifications if Western wins, but if Mercer holds serve WCU will be seriously behind the 8-ball with a SoCon loss already.

Mercer is at home and will probably be heavily favored, so I will skip the homer vote and go with the Hens and Tribe.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:41 PM
Wanted to pick SIU and Missouri St but had to go with the biggest test of the year so far for the Blue Hens.

the top 4 CAA teams are good, William is one of those four and this is gonna be a really good game and William and Mary absolutely has to win, It is their homecoming game.

Too bad nobody has Flo outside of the CAA fans

The Delaware Sling T offense is fun to watch, Henderson is lighting it up and Delaware is deep in WRs

So deep in fact WR Jayln Witcher has only played in one game and he was Freshman All American transfer from Presbyterian

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 01:47 PM
I went with SIU @ Mo State. Delaware-W&M is a close 2nd. A loss for either doesn't hurt them as much. An SIU loss gives them 3 losses, albeit to ranked teams, and they still have NDSU so..... 4 losses. 7-4 with some good wins and no really "bad" losses makes them very bubbly. An MSU loss gives them 4 straight losses and also very bubblicious.

wapiti
October 3rd, 2022, 01:50 PM
I am intrigued by EWU @ BBQ, but it's not quite GOTW. If EWU loses this and then wins the rest of their schedule they are only a bubble team. BBQ is sitting well to be in the playoffs.

I went with UND @ Youngstown. Either UND or Youngstown wins this and they may quietly finds themselves in the playoff hunt.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2022, 02:08 PM

I'm a sicko and decided to drink two less bar beers each month during the season (Flo is $12 / month) when I signed up in September.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 02:10 PM
WCU and Mercer because Delaware vs. W&M is just going to be a murder.

NY Crusader 2010
October 3rd, 2022, 02:24 PM
I'm a sicko and decided to drink two less bar beers each month during the season (Flo is $12 / month) when I signed up in September.

Will you get our AHA hockey games on that or is Flohockey a separate subscription?

The Cats
October 3rd, 2022, 02:25 PM
done

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2022, 02:33 PM
WCU and Mercer because Delaware vs. W&M is just going to be a murder.

WHO DONE IT................BRAWK?

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2022, 03:38 PM
I went with UD-W&M. I expect a closer game than the one the Hens had last week.

ElCid
October 3rd, 2022, 05:05 PM
Delaware/W&M....easily.

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 06:04 PM
South Dakota @ South Dakota State & Illinois State @ Northern Iowa deserve mention. The Coyotes really need this game to try and salvage this season, and this is a possible trap game for the Jacks (and the type of game they unexpectedly drop each year). The winner of ISUr/UNI has a conceivable path to a 7-4 record and likely playoff berth. IMO the ISUr/UNI game is equally as big as SIU/MSU.

But none are bigger than the CAA showdown in Williamsburg.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 06:14 PM
I went with UD-W&M. I expect a closer game than the one the Hens had last week.

would that be because Towson is horrible and William n Mary is good?

Mr Chicken, Thank you for asking for a suspect on the murder comment

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 07:35 PM
the top 4 CAA teams are good, William is one of those four and this is gonna be a really good game and William and Mary absolutely has to win, It is their homecoming game.

The Delaware Sling T offense is fun to watch, Henderson is lighting it up and Delaware is deep in WRs

So deep in fact WR Jayln Witcher has only played in one game and he was Freshman All American transfer from Presbyterian

Delaware is THE team to beat in the CAA! And it will stay that way until I say otherwise!

crusader11
October 4th, 2022, 07:43 AM
Will you get our AHA hockey games on that or is Flohockey a separate subscription?

Hmmm, that's a good question. Should look into that. I think it's a separate subscription. Flo tries to nickel and dime you every way possible.

Winterborn
October 4th, 2022, 08:15 AM
For me it is Delaware and W&M.

More curious about the Blue Hens than the Griffins.

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2022, 09:26 AM
For me it is Delaware and W&M.

More curious about the Blue Hens than the Griffins.

dont sleep on Elon like I did in the preseason

William and Mary and Richmond also slept on them too and got beat late

RabidRabbit
October 4th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Vote for Del/ W&M

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2022, 09:46 PM
would that be because Towson is horrible and William n Mary is good?

Ummm, yeaahhh. Now get off your butt and finish that TPS report.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2022, 12:00 AM
Went with UD at W&M but North Dakota at Youngstown State really intrigued me. Are the Penguins playoff contenders this year?!?! I would love to see it!!

Daytripper
October 5th, 2022, 10:38 AM
Ummm, yeaahhh. Now get off your butt and finish that TPS report.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3owyoUHuSSqDMEzVRu/giphy.gif

POD Knows
October 5th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Voted for UD/WM but my gut tells me this game won’t be close and UD wins going away

FUBeAR
October 5th, 2022, 12:06 PM
Voted for UD/WM but my gut tells me this game won’t be close and UD wins going awayCloset Tribe fan, huh?

JacksFan40
October 5th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Voted for Delaware/W&M but I think that Davidson @ St. Thomas is a game to keep an eye on. Could very well decide who wins the PFL, although St. Thomas can’t get the autobid so that partially ruins it. Should be a great game though.

dewey
October 5th, 2022, 10:03 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Dewey