39T
UC Davis Aggies

Most Significant Win:
North Dakota Fighting Hawks

Most Significant Loss:
Missouri State Bears

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 11:50 AM
This week's poll article: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-5-top-25-results-4/

Pretty disappointing to see Missouri St hanging in above UND - that game was not close people and it's not like Missouri St turned it over a bunch of times (they were actually +1 in turnover margin). UND's offense shredded them. I still think SEMO is underrated down there at #20 in the consensus as well.

On a historical note we now have the two longest top 25 streaks in AGS Poll history both active. NDSU is the all-time leader with an active streak of 164 straight polls in the top 25 (started in week 9 of 2010) and SDSU is now has the second longest streak all-time with an active streak of 120 straight appearances in the AGS Top 25 (started in week 11 of 2013).

Preferred Walk-On
October 3rd, 2022, 11:52 AM
Just checking, is #20 a tie, or are the vote numbers representative of their ranking? Thanks.

Nevermind. Just checked out The FCS Wedge article. However, the tie in the AGS post is incorrect.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2022, 12:03 PM
Just checking, is #20 a tie, or are the vote numbers representative of their ranking? Thanks.

Nevermind. Just checked out The FCS Wedge article. However, the tie in the AGS post is incorrect.

My blank sheet that I keep copying needs to be fixed and I just keep forgetting so off to do that now. xlolx

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:06 PM
We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/2/2022 18:54:07

Your vote is listed below.

1: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
2: Montana Grizzlies
3: Sac State Hornets
4: North Dakota State Bison
5: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
6: Montana State Bobcats
7: Weber State Wildcats
8: Holy Cross Crusaders
9: Chattanooga Mocs
10: Jackson State Tigers
11: Incarnate Word Cardinals
12: Samford Bulldogs
13: Mercer Bears
14: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
15: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
16: Elon Phoenix
17: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
18: Villanova Wildcats
19: William & Mary Tribe
20: Southern Illinois Salukis
21: Missouri State Bears
22: Richmond Spiders
23: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
24: Fordham Rams
25: Austin Peay Governors

POD Knows

The Most Significant Win: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
The Most Significant Loss: Missouri State Bears
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:14 PM
My stab at it this week:

1: North Dakota State Bison
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Sac State Hornets
5: Montana State Bobcats
6: Weber State Wildcats
7: Delaware Fightin Blue Hens
8: Incarnate Word Cardinals
10: Holy Cross Crusaders
11: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
12: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
13: Southern Illinois Salukis
14: Samford Bulldogs
16: Mercer Bears
17: Jackson State Tigers
18: Missouri State Bears
19: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
20: Elon Phoenix
21: William & Mary Tribe
23: Idaho Vandals
24: Rhode Island Rams
25: Fordham Rams

Another criticism I'd have is why does EWU (1-3 - 144 points) get credit for "good losses" but USD (1-3 - 0 points) and UC Davis (1-4 - 1 point) do not? That one team that EWU has beat this year (Tennessee St by 7) just lost to a sub-D1.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 12:16 PM
Nova over Richmond?

Very questionable

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2022, 12:19 PM
4: Montana State Bobcats
5: Holy Cross Crusaders
6: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
7: Sac State Hornets
8: Weber State Wildcats
10: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
12: Mercer Bears
13: Elon Phoenix
15: Princeton Tigers
16: Jackson State Tigers
17: William & Mary Tribe
18: Incarnate Word Cardinals
19: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
20: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
21: Villanova Wildcats
22: Fordham Rams
23: Richmond Spiders
24: Missouri State Bears
25: Furman Paladins

The Most Significant Win: Samford Bulldogs
The Most Significant Loss: Missouri State Bears
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Patriot League

JSUSoutherner
Man if only SLU was ranked a little higher so our game could be a top 10 matchup.

Interesting though that a win over Nevada is still more impressive than a H2H.

POD Knows
My stab at it this week:

Another criticism I'd have is why does EWU (1-3 - 144 points) get credit for "good losses" but USD (1-3 - 0 points) and UC Davis (1-4 - 1 point) do not? That one team that EWU has beat this year (Tennessee St by 7) just lost to a sub-D1.
I had EWU in my poll last week, I have watched them twice and they look decent to me, the loss to MSU was a fluke as they had a late 4th Q fumble deep in their own zone after it seemed the game was at hand. I decided that if they embarrassed themselves this weekend that they were out of my poll, they did and they are gone. Also, I don't think Idaho is going to last long in your poll, I had 6 or 7 teams in that 24 to 30 ranking and went with Fordham and AP but it is really a coin flip on all these guys.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2022, 12:21 PM
Nova over Richmond?

Very questionable

When the dust settles I still trust a Ferrante team over a Huesnman team. To me, Huesman is questionable....

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 12:22 PM
My stab at it this week:

That is a travesty and AGS is usually much better than this. EWU has no business being ranked. Making it to week 5 ranked, when it's very likely they will be 1-5 in 2 weekends and out of the playoff consideration... too much of prior years still influencing votes.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:22 PM
Man if only SLU was ranked a little higher so our game could be a top 10 matchup.

Interesting though that a win over Nevada is still more impressive than a H2H.
SLU won the game on a last second heave at home... basically a wash IMO when comparing the two. UIW also has a convincing win over SIU that keeps looking better and better.

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 12:25 PM
No one can ever slam UNI as being the "media darling that gets votes when they shouldn't and are always overrated" ever again.

2-3 Missouri State is top 20 in every poll.
1-3 Eastern Washington is ranked
1-3 South Dakota is getting votes
1-4 UC Davis is getting votes
2-2 Campbell is getting votes
2-3 SFA is getting votes

Not one single vote for UNI in any poll this week - nor should there have been.

However, if ****ing 1-4 and 1-3 teams are ranked and getting votes a UNI team that was 6 points shy of Sac State (Sac Scored with 6 seconds left to run their points up rather than take a knee). A UNI team that was every bit as even as UND during that game (and in ways handed that game to UND, but UND made plays to win so credit to them before I'm accused by the strange UND fan base of anything) is every bit as worthy of being considered as a sub 500 SFA team whose wins are a non D1 and Alcorn State. A 1 win EWU or Davis team, or a 2-2 Big South team.

I'm not voting anymore, but my god voters need to be better in every poll.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:25 PM
I had EWU in my poll last week, I have watched them twice and they look decent to me, the loss to MSU was a fluke as they had a late 4th Q fumble deep in their own zone after it seemed the game was at hand. I decided that if they embarrassed themselves this weekend that they were out of my poll, they did and they are gone. Also, I don't think Idaho is going to last long in your poll, I had 6 or 7 teams in that 24 to 30 ranking and went with Fordham and AP but it is really a coin flip on all these guys.
Agreed on that last few... once I got to #23 I had a whole jumble of teams to consider so I'm pretty shaky on the 3 that I included #23-#25.

No one can ever slam UNI as being the "media darling that gets votes when they shouldn't and are always overrated" ever again.

2-3 SFA is getting votes

However, if ****ing 1-4 and 1-3 teams are ranked and getting votes a UNI team that was 6 points shy of Sac State (Sac Scored with 6 seconds left to run their points up rather than take a knee). A UNI team that was every bit as even as UND during that game (and in ways handed that game to UND, but UND made plays to win so credit to them before I'm accused by the strange UND fan base of anything) is every bit as worthy of being considered as a sub 500 SFA team whose wins are a non D1 and Alcorn State. A 1 win EWU or Davis team, or a 2-2 Big South team.

UNI got 2 points (T-37) in the AGS Poll this week. ;)

In general I agree though... none of those teams should be in the top 25 right now but if they're able to string a few wins together their losses shouldn't hurt them that much (at least as I perceive them now).

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 12:26 PM
SLU won the game on a last second heave at home... basically a wash IMO when comparing the two. UIW also has a convincing win over SIU that keeps looking better and better.
Heave or no heave it was OT bound anyway. Nothing wrong with last second passes to win. In fact I'd argue they are more memorable for certain Seminole and Rebels fans.

SIU win looks nice. But you know what's better than beating SIU?

Beating the team that beat SIU.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:29 PM
Heave or no heave it was OT bound anyway. Nothing wrong with last second passes to win. In fact I'd argue they are more memorable for certain Seminole and Rebels fans.

SIU win looks nice. But you know what's better than beating SIU?

Beating the team that beat SIU.
Had it gone to OT I still would've considered it a wash since it was @SLU. SLU is getting plenty of credit for that win - it's about the only thing propping up their #11 ranking. Put 'em on a neutral field and I think UIW wins based on what I've seen so far so that's why I ranked them in front of SLU.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:34 PM
Agreed on that last few... once I got to #23 I had a whole jumble of teams to consider so I'm pretty shaky on the 3 that I included #23-#25.

In general I agree though... none of those teams should be in the top 25 right now but if they're able to string a few wins together their losses shouldn't hurt them that much (at least as I perceive them now).
Mo State lost to SDSU and UND, both ranked teams and lost to freaking Ark that was #10 in FBS. Their schedule was pretty brutal but their two wins were "OK" wins but they are trending down hard now, when they lose to SIU they will be a distant memory but that game is in MO so what if they win??? I kept them in based on SOS alone but if they lose to SIU, then they are out of my poll. they have a lot of glaring holes on that team on D and that O line is putrid.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2022, 12:35 PM
Panther fans are back on the board! Those two big wins have rejuvenated the fanbase.

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 12:37 PM
Here's mine:

2: Weber State Wildcats
3: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
5: Montana Grizzlies
6: North Dakota State Bison
7: Montana State Bobcats
9: Samford Bulldogs
10: Incarnate Word Cardinals
11: Chattanooga Mocs
12: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
13: Jackson State Tigers
14: Elon Phoenix
15: William & Mary Tribe
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
17: Mercer Bears
18: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
19: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
20: Richmond Spiders
21: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
22: Furman Paladins
23: Missouri State Bears
24: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
25: Idaho Vandals

The Most Significant Loss: North Carolina Central Eagles

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 12:37 PM

We played a terrible game at EWU. I don't know how much Chambers had been practicing running the passing offense prior to the game, but he looked much better throwing it this weekend. We also potentially left points on the field at the end of the 1st half by attempting a sharp-angle FG from the 2 on a hash. We have a big QB and a stout O-line. If the thinking on 3rd was to kick a FG if we don't get in, they should have run back to the middle to give the kicker a better chance (obviously you still hope he makes it, but even NFL teams try not to kick from the hash from that close). And we went into victory formation on their 29 with over a minute to play. All factors that caused me to miss my bets that had us at -5.5 xlolxxmadx

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:38 PM
Panther fans are back on the board! Those two big wins have rejuvenated the fanbase.They will be top 10 in a couple weeks when they win two in a row over ISUr and Utah Tech, #BOOKIT

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:38 PM
Mo State lost to SDSU and UND, both ranked teams and lost to freaking Ark that was #10 in FBS. Their schedule was pretty brutal but their two wins were "OK" wins but they are trending down hard now, when they lose to SIU they will be a distant memory but that game is in MO so what if they win??? I kept them in based on SOS alone but if they lose to SIU, then they are out of my poll. they have a lot of glaring holes on that team on D and that O line is putrid.
That Missouri St vs SIU game will be huge this week for both those teams. If Missouri St wins it'll really be challenging to figure out how to rank UND/SIU/Missouri St so it's probably a pretty good bet Missouri St will win since that's how the MVFC tends to work.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2022, 12:41 PM
That Missouri St vs SIU game will be huge this week for both those teams. If Missouri St wins it'll really be challenging to figure out how to rank UND/SIU/Missouri St so it's probably a pretty good bet Missouri St will win since that's how the MVFC tends to work.

If UND is at home they beat both. On road lose to both.
Between those three its the multiple Spiderman meme.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:41 PM
That Missouri St vs SIU game will be huge this week for both those teams. If Missouri St wins it'll really be challenging to figure out how to rank UND/SIU/Missouri St so it's probably a pretty good bet Missouri St will win since that's how the MVFC tends to work.Well, I am going to pick SIU and I have only picked them correct once this year so MOST has that going for them I guess.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:43 PM
If UND is at home they beat both. On road lose to both.
Between those three its the multiple Spiderman meme.IF Mo State beats SIU then it is UND, MoST, SIU, at least for me

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 12:45 PM
Here's mine:

First poll I've seen that has Weber as the highest ranked BSC team, instead of 4th. xthumbsupx I had them at first even before Montana struggled a bit to win at Holt Arena.

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 12:47 PM
This week's poll article: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-5-top-25-results-4/

Pretty disappointing to see Missouri St hanging in above UND - that game was not close people and it's not like Missouri St turned it over a bunch of times (they were actually +1 in turnover margin). UND's offense shredded them. I still think SEMO is underrated down there at #20 in the consensus as well.

On a historical note we now have the two longest top 25 streaks in AGS Poll history both active. NDSU is the all-time leader with an active streak of 164 straight polls in the top 25 (started in week 9 of 2010) and SDSU is now has the second longest streak all-time with an active streak of 120 straight appearances in the AGS Top 25 (started in week 11 of 2013).

Holy Cross & Mercer crept up this week, improving on their highest all time rankings.

2-3 SFA is getting votes

Missouri State does have a win over the #15 team, and their win over Central Arkansas looks a lot better after UCA dismantled Austin Peay last weekend. They're still in my poll, but they are hanging on by a thread.

Completely agree on all the other teams though, they didn't get any consideration from me.

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 12:48 PM
Panther fans are back on the board! Those two big wins have rejuvenated the fanbase.
Never left you ****ing weirdo.

Go cry on your message board at UNI being the media darling more.

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 12:49 PM
First poll I've seen that has Weber as the highest ranked BSC team, instead of 4th. xthumbsupx I had them at first even before Montana struggled a bit to win at Holt Arena.

They're the only BSC team with multiple good wins at this point.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 12:50 PM
Nova over Richmond?

Very questionable

Probably because Richmond folded up like a cheap cot @ Elon Saturday in a game they should have won in regulation.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 12:51 PM

Thought they turned their Message Board into a weight room?

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 12:56 PM
Perhaps this has happened before (and I still say MSU is too high), but 4 of the top 5 FCS teams in the nation, as decided by the undisputed best FCS voters around, are from 3 of the least populous states with a combined population of about 2.775M.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 12:59 PM

I agree, not the best AGS effort in terms of attention to detail. In addition to the North Dakota / Missouri State situation, the one you mention in your next message - EWU ranked at all is a real travesty.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 01:02 PM
Perhaps this has happened before (and I still say MSU is too high), but 4 of the top 5 FCS teams in the nation, as decided by the undisputed best FCS voters around, are from 3 of the least populous states with a combined population of about 2.775M.

If only U of Vermont still had a football team! Could have been a clean sweep for the little guy.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2022, 01:05 PM

You were nowhere to be found after thr UND loss you ****ing weirdo.

Refs were to blame I was told.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2022, 01:09 PM

....NOW IFIN' YA'D....CARRIED........DAT OUT TA 6.....INCLUDED DELAWARE......WE'RE UH COUPLE NEW BORNS AWAY...FROM UH MILLION............BRAWK!

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 01:14 PM
....NOW IFIN' YA'D....CARRIED........DAT OUT TA 6.....INCLUDED DELAWARE......WE'RE UH COUPLE NEW BORNS AWAY...FROM UH MILLION............BRAWK!
I actually thought Delaware had more people. Crazy to think that there's more people in the metro here than are in Delaware.

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2022, 01:17 PM

Well sonuvabitch! For some reason even though its a small state by area, I thought Delaware was more populous than MT. While looking up its population, I also learned that we have more people than Rhode Island. Getting populous I tell ya! That's why we just got a 2nd Representative in the House.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2022, 01:21 PM
I actually thought Delaware had more people. Crazy to think that there's more people in the metro here than are in Delaware.

......LAST AH SAW....MONTANA/DELAWARE.....WERE VERAH CLOSE IN POPULATION.........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:27 PM
When the dust settles I still trust a Ferrante team over a Huesnman team. To me, Huesman is questionable....

I hear you but I would go with QB Udenski, WR Herres and Richmond defense right now

Nova D questionable and their breaking in a QB

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:30 PM
Probably because Richmond folded up like a cheap cot @ Elon Saturday in a game they should have won in regulation.

Yea they had them best until they didn’t ...Elon did the same to W&M the previous week ..

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 01:31 PM
I like Heusman. He got JSU 4 really nice wins.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:32 PM

At least Northern Iowa media darling reputation was earned

Kennesaw States never was

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:34 PM
I like Heusman. He got JSU 4 really nice wins.

If memory serves, Richmond smoked Villanova last year at Villanova

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 01:37 PM

Yeah Kennesaw's only claim to fame was beating us. And now they can't even claim that.

SDFS
October 3rd, 2022, 01:37 PM

Hey, good news.. during homecoming last week they announced that they are breaking ground in the Spring of 2023 on the Phase II Facility - which includes a new weight room. This would complete the facility upgrades for football. All four Dakota schools will have excellent football facilities - some of the best in FCS.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 01:38 PM
I hear you but I would go with QB Udenski, WR Herres and Richmond defense right now

Nova D questionable and their breaking in a QB

Pilfering quality FB players from a Military School should be illegal. xtroublex

NDSU1980
October 3rd, 2022, 01:41 PM

I miss Hooty. I was really hoping they'd be in the Fargodome this year for a playoff beatdown.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2022, 01:42 PM
Pilfering quality FB players from a Military School should be illegal. xtroublex

....DOSE GUYS...SHOOD BE IN IRAN.....COVERT ASSIGNMENTS........NOT PLAYIN' CATCH.......AWQ!

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:44 PM
I miss Hooty. I was really hoping they'd be in the Fargodome this year for a playoff beatdown.

yeah he was pure entertainment

He needs to get back on here and take his medicine

JSUSoutherner

Honestly, this may be unfortunate for some, but I could see Kennesaw going on a run, finishing 8-3 and winning the ASUN AQ.

Tribe4SF
If memory serves, Richmond smoked Villanova last year at Villanova

Richmond lost to Nova last year. That was the Tribe that smoked them in Philly.

ysubigred
October 3rd, 2022, 01:46 PM
You were nowhere to be found after thr UND loss you ****ing weirdo.

Refs were to blame I was told.Hey you heading to Y-town? 1st time UND has seen the ice castle.

Your QB and receivers are pretty special.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 01:47 PM

I stand corrected

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2022, 01:48 PM

.....IT WAS DELAWARE....WHOM GOT SMOKED BAH DUH ARACHNIDS........IN VIRGINNY.....LAST YEAR..........AWK!

WileECoyote06
October 3rd, 2022, 02:14 PM
Here's mine:

We got our asses kicked. xnutsx

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 02:17 PM
You significantly got your asses kicked apparently.

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2022, 02:29 PM
Why is SFA getting votes? If Sam Houston was still FCS they shouldn't get any either. That last BOTPW was an ugly, horribly played game that ended in exciting fashion. Other than the ending, it was just two bad football teams in a big NFL stadium.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 04:50 PM
it was just two bad football teams in a big NFL stadium.
Nothing wrong with that... the Jets and the Steelers made good money doing that yesterday.

ElCid
October 3rd, 2022, 04:52 PM

Campbell is a good team. Still finding it way but once they get more consistent, watch out.

mvemjsunpx
October 3rd, 2022, 05:40 PM
I guess I was the only UCA voter. xlolx

Previous week in parentheses…

1. North Dakota St. (1)
2. South Dakota St. (2)
3. Sacramento St. (3)
4. Weber St. (5)
5. Montana St. (6)
6. Montana (4)
7. Holy Cross (7)
8. Jackson St. (8)
9. Delaware (9)
10. Incarnate Word (10)
11. Mercer (13)
12. Tennessee-Chattanooga (14)
13. Southeast Missouri St. (16)
14. Elon (19)
15. Southeastern Louisiana (17)
16. William & Mary (20)
17. Southern Illinois (21)
18. Richmond (18)
19. North Dakota (NR)
20. Missouri St. (11)
21. Tennessee-Martin (15)
22. Fordham (23)
23. Monmouth (NR)
24. Samford (NR)
25. Central Arkansas (NR)

Dropped - Austin Peay (12), Eastern Kentucky (22), NC Central (24), New Hampshire (25)

W - North Dakota
L - Austin Peay

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 05:50 PM
I guess I was the only UCA voter. xlolx

I gave them some serious consideration, but they just missed the cut.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 05:50 PM
Campbell is a good team. Still finding it way but once they get more consistent, watch out.

Jackson St better be ready

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 05:58 PM
.....IT WAS DELAWARE....WHOM GOT SMOKED BAH DUH ARACHNIDS........IN VIRGINNY.....LAST YEAR..........AWK!

now that I remember

VandalBasher
October 3rd, 2022, 06:10 PM
It is refreshing to get a couple of votes for the Idaho Vandals. Coach Eck and his stellar staff have worked wonders so far.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2022, 06:17 PM
Yeah Kennesaw's only claim to fame was beating us. And now they can't even claim that.

My understanding is that they are graduate students and would not be eligible to play at VMI this year

Delaware has a VMI guy as well, wide receiver Michael Jackson

atthewbon
October 3rd, 2022, 06:23 PM

I gave them the two votes. I really struggled with who to put in the last three spots. I felt they were a more deserving than the 1 loss teams like UC Davis or EWU and are better than the many 3-2 CAA and ASUN teams. Though in all honesty there were about 10 teams I was considering for the final 3 spots and all of them were pretty equal. This is if my poll counted. I got it in this morning and did not receive a confirmation email probably because I left it so late.

NDSU
SDSU
Montana
Montana st
Delaware
Sacramento st
Weber st
Holy Cross
Incarnate Word
Jackson st
Southeastern Louisiana
Chattanooga
Mercer
SEMO
Southern Illinois
North Dakota
Samford
Missouri st
Elon
UT Martin
William & Mary
Richmond
Fordham
Northern Iowa
Princeton

Catbooster
October 3rd, 2022, 07:34 PM
Mine this week (with variance from AGS consensus):

Fairly close to consensus. Richmond is most "over-rated" and Jackson State is most "under-rated". I'm ok with those at this point in the season.

South Dakota State Jackrabbits
+2

North Dakota State Bison

Sacramento State Hornets
+1

Weber State Wildcats
+3

Montana Grizzlies

Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
-

Montana State Bobcats

Incarnate Word Cardinals
+1

Holy Cross Crusaders

Chattanooga Mocs
-

Samford Bulldogs
+2

Southeastern Louisiana Lions

Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
+2

Mercer Bears

Missouri State Bears
+4

Elon Phoenix
-

Richmond Spiders
+6

William & Mary Tribe

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
+1

Jackson State Tigers

Villanova Wildcats
+1

Rhode Island Rams
+4

Austin Peay Governors
+4

Furman Paladins
+4

Fordham Rams
+4

Random Thoughts:

Generally there are a few teams that I'll second guess right until I hit submit on my ballot. Sometimes I'll regret having made/not made that last adjustment.

Idaho, North Dakota and Southern Illinois were all very close to being added.

I'm not entirely sure that EWU or UCD wouldn't beat some teams on this list but with only 1 win each I can't justify ranking them. I'm slightly surprised that of the two, EWU is ranked. I think UCD has performed a little better. But against their only common opponent EWU's score looks better. For several reasons, I think that score comparison is misleading.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2022, 07:59 PM

Campbell may actually have the best Freshmen class in FCS football, but I was still surprised that your guys didn't score way more. I was yelling at the TV for Darius Richard to take off down field - on numerous 3rd down plays he seemed to have enough running room but stayed in a collapsing pocket.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2022, 11:05 PM
1: Montana Grizzlies
2: North Dakota State Bison
5: Sac State Hornets
12: Incarnate Word Cardinals
14: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
15: Samford Bulldogs
18: Richmond Spiders
19: Southern Illinois Salukis
20: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
21: Monmouth Hawks
22: Villanova Wildcats
23: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
24: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
25: Rhode Island Rams

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2022, 08:00 AM
1: Montana Grizzlies
2: North Dakota State Bison
5: Sac State Hornets
12: Incarnate Word Cardinals
14: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
15: Samford Bulldogs
18: Richmond Spiders
19: Southern Illinois Salukis
20: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
21: Monmouth Hawks
22: Villanova Wildcats
23: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
24: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
25: Rhode Island Rams

I like your CAA role but a Flo subscription would put 16, 17, 18 higher

Having said that, Rhode Island and Nova probably don’t finish top 25

Delaware is starting to look a little bit like Sam Houston of the 21 spring season, but no Ezzard So I’m not gonna predict anything crazy here 😂

ElCid
October 4th, 2022, 08:17 AM

Delaware is starting to look a little bit like Sam Houston of the 21 spring season, but no Ezzard So I’m not gonna predict anything crazy here 😂

So what's the thing with Flo? Is someone on the CAA conf payroll getting a kickback? Is some grad of one of the schools in charge of Flo? When will the contract run out? CAA has possibly done a disservice to it's schools by going with them. Nobody outside of the CAA will get it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2022, 08:45 AM

...AH DON'T HAVE IT....(FLO)....DON'T WANT IT.........IT'S RADIO....FIRESIDE CHAT FO' AWAY GAMES....FO' ME.........BRAWK!

ElCid
October 4th, 2022, 09:01 AM

...AH DON'T HAVE IT....(FLO)....DON'T WANT IT.........IT'S RADIO....FIRESIDE CHAT FO' AWAY GAMES....FO' ME.........BRAWK!

I love listening to games on the radio. Especially if you have a decent announcer. Nostalgic.

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2022, 09:23 AM
So what's the thing with Flo? Is someone on the CAA conf payroll getting a kickback? Is some grad of one of the schools in charge of Flo? When will the contract run out? CAA has possibly done a disservice to it's schools by going with them. Nobody outside of the CAA will get it.

no clue on Flo

Games on the radio used to work for me just fine! Agree with you on the nostalgia ... Mr C is doing it right

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2022, 09:52 AM

Delaware is starting to look a little bit like Sam Houston of the 21 spring season, but no Ezzard So I’m not gonna predict anything crazy here [emoji23]I mean, if they didnt bend people over I'd buy it but not at that cost. I've been lucky enough to see a few games but the CAA is the toughest conference to gauge outside of Delaware dur to their TV situation.

FUBeAR
October 4th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Here's mine:

14: Elon Phoenix (4-1)
17: Mercer Bears (4-1)

Got some good, serious logic for this?

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Elon

Wofford

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Gardner-Webb

Elon

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Mercer

Wofford

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Mercer

Gardner-Webb

crusader11
October 4th, 2022, 10:34 AM

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Elon

Wofford

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Gardner-Webb

Elon

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Mercer

Wofford

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Mercer

Gardner-Webb

Maybe he’s valuing wins over W&M and Richmond a lot more than Morehead State and The Citadel?

ElCid
October 4th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Maybe he’s valuing wins over W&M and Richmond a lot more than Morehead State and The Citadel?

Possibly. But Richmond, while ranked, still doesn't have any good wins yet. They may prove to be clearly worthy, but that isn't yet established. The W&M win appears pretty good since they have two good wins. But this early, using common opponents is probably more accurate. And Mercer dominated both. Elon won as well, but not as convincingly. Obviously good and marginal wins along with good and bad losses will be more relevant as the season progressed and the true quality of teams is revealed.

SeattleCat
October 4th, 2022, 11:01 AM
I don't really understand all this love for a team who barely got past a perennial bottom dweller. Montana and Montana State are currently overrated.

FUBeAR
October 4th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Richmond, while ranked, still doesn't have any good wins yet. They may prove to be clearly worthy, but that isn't yet established. The W&M win appears pretty good since they have two good wins. But this early, using common opponents is probably more accurate. And Mercer dominated both. Elon won as well, but not as convincingly.Sounds seriously logical to FUBeAR

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2022, 12:05 PM
I don't really understand all this love for a team who barely got past a perennial bottom dweller. Montana and Montana State are currently overrated.

I hope Delaware keeps up their end of the bargain and gets to play one of these overrated Big Sky teams in the playoffs

the CAA top 4 are right with the Big Sky top 4

if you tell me to look at the polls I will laugh because everyone on here makes fun of the polls

KPSUL
October 4th, 2022, 06:12 PM

This right here is the convincing argument!

Chalupa Batman
October 4th, 2022, 07:57 PM

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Elon

Wofford

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Gardner-Webb

Elon

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Mercer

Wofford

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Total

Mercer

Gardner-Webb

In the interest of saving time I'll just tell you it's because I hate your team. :D

The honest answer is I didn't do any comparative scores between these two teams. While I take doing the poll very seriously and always try to give it serious thought and a good amount of time, I don't have the time to do comparative scores between every single team in my poll. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I will give it consideration next week, though I'll tell you right now that I probably give less weight to comparative scores than others do. And really, I only use comparative scores when deciding where to rank 2 (or 3 or 4) teams that I think are otherwise equal in relation to each other. At this moment in time I think Elon would beat Mercer so that's probably why I didn't compare common opponents.

Should I leapfrog Eastern Kentucky over Furman next week because EKU beat Charleston Southern by more points than Furman did? Should I jump UT Martin ahead of Samford in next weeks poll because the Skyhawks beat Tennessee Tech by a larger margin than Samford did? Should I ignore those and only use comparative scores that help SoCon teams?

ElCid
October 4th, 2022, 11:45 PM
Should I jump UT Martin ahead of Samford in next weeks poll because the Skyhawks beat Tennessee Tech by a larger margin than Samford did?

I looked at this for sure. Tenn Martin did have a better showing and I was almost going to jump them. But, I also accounted for Samford being on the road, and Tenn Martin was at home. Plus Tenn Martin doesn't really have any good wins yet, at all. Their best one is probably Tenn Tech. Good showing at Missouri St. and not bad at Boise. But Ls are Ls. I do expect them to run the board, sans UT. Their schedule is not great this year. But I have them close together for sure in my poll.

But I get that it's fun to mess with Fubear.

nodak651
October 5th, 2022, 01:41 AM
I looked at this for sure. Tenn Martin did have a better showing and I was almost going to jump them. But, I also accounted for Samford being on the road, and Tenn Martin was at home. Plus Tenn Martin doesn't really have any good wins yet, at all. Their best one is probably Tenn Tech. Good showing at Missouri St. and not bad at Boise. But Ls are Ls. I do expect them to run the board, sans UT. Their schedule is not great this year. But I have them close together for sure in my poll.

But I get that it's fun to mess with Fubear.

There's no reason for UTM to be ranked above Missouri State. UTM shouldn't be ranked.

FUBeAR
October 5th, 2022, 04:17 AM

But I get that it's fun to mess with Fubear.FUBeAR guesses that making oneself look silly while twisting up some more pretzel logic to justify why one’s poll differs from the overall AGS poll and every single other posted poll somehow equals “messing with FUBeAR” in the land of bellhopia. Cool. Carry…um…Tote on, y’all!

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2022, 08:30 AM
FUBeAR guesses that making oneself look silly while twisting up some more pretzel logic to justify why one’s poll differs from the overall AGS poll and every single other posted poll somehow equals “messing with FUBeAR” in the land of bellhopia. Cool. Carry…um…Tote on, y’all!
You really should vote in the AGS Poll and show us how it's done.

FUBeAR
October 5th, 2022, 11:56 AM
You really should vote in the AGS Poll and show us how it's done.Did for 3 seasons…maybe 2.

Just couldn’t live with FUBeAR’s-self anymore for succumbing to the constant peer pressure and pulling a straight MVFC/Big Sky/CAA Top 15 ticket every week.

FUBeAR has to be able to face himself in the mirror in order to properly groom his fur.

Chalupa Batman
October 5th, 2022, 12:13 PM
FUBeAR guesses that making oneself look silly while twisting up some more pretzel logic to justify why one’s poll differs from the overall AGS poll and every single other posted poll somehow equals “messing with FUBeAR” in the land of bellhopia. Cool. Carry…um…Tote on, y’all!

It's the same pretzel logic that led me to rank Samford 4 spots higher than the AGS consensus, and Furman 6 spots higher than the AGS consensus. Should I remedy those next week as well by knocking them down (or in Furman's case dropping them from my poll altogether) so I look......less silly?